IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Friday, 21 October

23:30

Maker Pro News: Manufacturing Meets VR and More Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

make-works-floorLike a manufacturing match maker, Make Works looks to connect Scotland-based makers and hardware startups. Plus, hackers still drive VR innovation.

Read more on MAKE

The post Maker Pro News: Manufacturing Meets VR and More appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

23:00

Over the Top Home Decorations for Halloween Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

halloween-pirate-shipwreck-display-1Some of the most elaborate, jaw-dropping, and just plain out of control decorations we've featured on Make:.

Read more on MAKE

The post Over the Top Home Decorations for Halloween appeared first on...

11:25

Ultimus Multi-One MultiFunctional Miniloader

The Italian made Multione Miniloader is very versatile and would help streamline earthbag projects and similar construction work

The Italian made Multione Miniloader is very versatile and would help streamline earthbag projects and similar construction work

Ultimus Company Limited is the importer, manufacturer, and exporter that specializes in the trading of high-technology innovations. With Multione we have become world leaders in the production and distribution of multifunctional miniloaders that have already been chosen by thousands of people worldwide for their versatility and user friendliness.

The Multione range of miniloaders is the best compromise between performance and operation economy, which stands out in the market for its innovation, technology and design.

Multione miniloaders are a great help to all maintenance works, landscapers, DIY, as well as for small building sites. (Over 170 different attachments are available – from drilling holes with an auger to a tractor bucket to move soil to a cement mixer.)

An individual Multione miniloader adapts to various fields of application thanks to the possibility of quickly and easily replacing its many attachments and thanks to the different configurations that ensure efficiency and reduced operating costs.

Multione miniloaders also meet the most high quality standards both in terms of emissions and safety requirements.

Ultimus

-

04:00

10 Indoor + Outdoor Favorites at Terrain Design*Sponge

10 Indoor + Outdoor Favorites at Terrain

Because Julia and I both have been on book tours this fall, I’ve been focusing on spending time outside when I’m home in between events. I’ve missed out on fall favorites like planting cabbages and making wreaths, so I made sure to dedicate all my free time in the months before tour to keeping things green and growing outside. With all my visits on tour to the south, southwest and the west coast, I’ve been enjoying pleasant fall weather — and it’s still nice enough at home to hang outside. So just because we’re entering cooler seasons doesn’t mean I’m ready to head indoors or stop dreaming about our gardening plans for next year.

From planters of thyme to our surprisingly successful first crop of tomatoes and eggplants, I’ve so enjoyed all the results of our hard work outside over the past year. Next year I want to put even more time into our yard, so I’ve been eyeing some new pieces at...

03:27

Maker Faire Shenzhen Delayed Two Days Due to Typhoon Haima Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

14670837_614461305407990_2927289309353034656_nTyphoon Haima has caused some delays, but can't stop Maker Faire!

Read more on MAKE

The post...

03:00

Before & After: An Airstream Trailer In Seattle Gets a Complete Makeover Design*Sponge

Before & After: An Airstream Trailer In Seattle Gets a Complete Makeover

Living an in alternative home might not be for everyone, but for Natasha Lawyer and Brett Bashaw, renovating and living in a 1972 31-foot Airstream Sovereign has only brought them closer (no, really, they share 200 square feet). “We started with our mutual desire to see the country,” Natasha recalls. “Last year my husband Brett and I bought a 1978 Volkswagen van, converted it into a camper, put everything we owned in storage and handed back the keys to our apartment. We traveled for six months living inside our Volkswagen which we christened with the name ‘Wes Vanderson.’ We began by crossing Canada from West to East, ending in Newfoundland and then headed South entering back into the United States in Maine and continuing our journey through the States. We loved the alternative way of living, and as our trip started winding down, we began talking about how we could live differently when we returned home. After such a transformational trip we didn’t want to simply return to regular life as it was before, as though our amazing journey never happened. We got the idea of renovating an Airstream to live in from lovely nomadic Insta-friends, Birch and Pine and started planning for it during the tail-end of our van trip. Eventually we sold our van through our Instagram account, bought a tow vehicle for our pending Airstream purchase, and headed back to Seattle. We purchased a gutted Airstream in Portland on the way home and started work on it in February of this year...

02:00

12 Everyday Craft Supplies and Fun Projects to Make With Them Design*Sponge

12 Everyday Craft Supplies and Fun Projects to Make With Them

As holiday season approaches, many of us are conjuring up clever craft projects with which to decorate our homes and add some festive cheer. More often than not, an extensive shopping list manifests from these brainstorming sessions. If you’d rather save some change, check out these 12 fantastic (and seasonally-appropriate) DIY projects from the archives that make use of stuff — like cookie cutters, napkins, and printer paper — that most of us already have lying handily around the house. —Annie

Thursday, 20 October

23:58

Handcrafted America Is Back! Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

hca203-still033They're back with new fantastic episodes and wonderful craftspeople.

Read more on MAKE

The post Handcrafted America Is Back! appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

17:39

My Top Ten Documentaries To Get You Thinking (and Questioning) Treading My Own Path

Recently a reader asked if I could write a blog post about my top environmental documentaries. How could I possibly refuse?! There are so many great documentaries out there, and watching them is a great way to understand the issues, learn more, and feel re-inspired to take action. Not to mention coerce friends and family […]

16:46

Another epic junk shopping trip to Granny and Grumpa’s Antiques Funky Junk Interiors

junk-finds-from-granny-and-grumpas-antiques-abbotsford-bc-0203When I took a trip down south several years ago, I was ASTOUNDED on the amount of junk and antiques the region has, compared to little ‘ol quiet BC, Oh Canada. While we don’t have many places to hunt in the lower mainland, (between Vancouver and Hope) there are three places I will always suggest to […]

The post Another epic junk shopping trip to Granny and Grumpa’s Antiques appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.

12:01

Master Carpenter Builds a Masterpiece Home and Garden

Here’s a treat for you. This couple has built an amazing homestead in Idaho over the last 30 years that includes a workshop, log home, fruit trees, garden, greenhouses and lots of custom woodwork.

“Living in our RV on the road we have stayed with some amazing viewers and this is no exception. This property and home are amazing and show what can be done with skill and original thinking.”

YouTube

-

07:26

DIY Industrial Farmhouse Table and How-To Video Shanty 2 Chic

We’re back with another how-to video! Click HERE or the image below to watch! We built this Industrial Farmhouse Table for our friend Rachel’s Shanty House Crash! Rachel asked us to crash her kitchen nook. She has three boys so we wanted to give her a table that was not only durable but chic and {...Read More...}

The post DIY Industrial Farmhouse Table and How-To Video appeared first on Shanty 2 Chic.

04:00

DIY Otomi-Inspired Pumpkin Design*Sponge

DIY Otomi-Inspired Pumpkin on Design*Sponge

Carving pumpkins for Halloween has got to be one of my favorite traditions. Growing up, I always put a lot of thought into exactly what design (almost always a face) I would choose. It’s probably a good thing that Pinterest wasn’t around back then, because I’d be contemplating my options for hours!

DIY Otomi-Inspired Pumpkin on Design*Sponge

Recently I’ve been seeing more and more Otomi-inspired textiles online, and I was curious to learn more about its history. Otomi textiles began as embroidered fabric in central Mexico, in which silhouettes of animals and plants were embroidered with a satin stitch onto fabric, often in bright colors. It’s possible that the traditional designs were inspired by prehistoric cave paintings, but experts can’t be certain. Do an online image search and you’ll see pages and pages of beautiful, traditional Otomi textiles and more recent Otomi-inspired prints. I decided this would be the perfect inspiration for my pumpkin carving this year — click through to see more photos and instructions! —Kathleen

03:00

10 Statement Earrings for Fall Design*Sponge

10 Statement Earrings for Fall

A few weeks ago I was talking to Jessica Murnane on her podcast about how little time I put into anything related to my wardrobe, hair or makeup. I’m usually 100% fine with that, but with my ongoing book tour, I needed to pull it together a bit. I was talking with my mother-in-law about what would work best for traveling and still feeling professional and presentable (I don’t think my typical dog-walking shorts will do it), and we both agreed that keeping things simple and focusing on a strong piece of jewelry would be a great idea.

I’ve always felt comfortable in something more uniform-like, so I hunted down a handful of simple black outfits I can wear and then a few pairs of awesome statement earrings that work well with my short hair and make me feel “dressed up” enough to honor these special events. I thought I’d share my favorites here today and see if they’re anyone else’s cup of tea. If anyone gets one of these pairs and comes to the book tour events, come find me! We should definitely take a twin-earring picture ;) xo, grace

02:00

Shop Tour: Hold General Store Design*Sponge

Shop Tour: Hold General Store

When Marla Ebell was younger, she used to help her grandparents harvest and sell organic vegetables from their farm. She’d wrap the precious goods in paper and string before market days, all the while dreaming of one day owning her own general store. If she had her way, she’d become the purveyor of “morally-beautiful products.” Those hopes and wishes never wavered, and today they’ve become the backbone of Hold General Store, the result of all of Marla’s dreaming and scheming.

The store in Victoria, Canada carries a range of diverse products simple in their design and look. They aren’t flashy with in-your-face colors and patterns. Instead they are streamlined and pretty, perfect for seamlessly fitting into anyone’s home. Peppered amongst brooms and bowls are nods to Marla’s time on the vegetable farm: greenery that tastes as fresh as it looks. All in all, Marla says Hold General Store is a one-stop shop for building a life beautiful in its singularity. “Its about treasuring simplicity, noticing the small things, filling your home with tools you cherish and allow[ing] their stories to integrate into your everyday,” she tells us.

Each product Marla carries has clearly been carefully chosen. That being said, her wares couldn’t be displayed on any old, store-bought furniture. Instead, these items reside on tables and benches made of wood salvaged from British Columbia’s coastline. Even better, Marla’s family and friends helped her make the pieces, each one adding warmth to a space already full of such thoughtfulness and care. Click through to hear more from Marla and to take a closer look around the space. Enjoy!  —Garrett

Photography by Kelly Brown

Thursday, 18 August

05:59

DIY Chalkboard Serving Tray Tutorial and YouTube Video Shanty 2 Chic

Hey there! Join us on Instagram and Pinterest to keep up with our most recent projects and sneak peeks! Check out our new how-to videos on YouTube! Make sure to subscribe to our channel so you don't miss any! How fun is our chalkboard serving tray guys!?  These are great for entertaining, centerpieces and they {...Read More...}

The post DIY Chalkboard Serving Tray Tutorial and YouTube Video appeared first on Shanty 2 Chic.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog