IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Thursday, 21 December

02:18

Traps + Scents? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Wondering if anyone has a secret bobcat/coon mixture scent for pulling in bobcats and raccoons.
Also all I have for the bobcat is a few leg traps and a Hav-a-hart for the coons.
However its been my experience that the older smarter coons wont enter the trap for any amount of peanut butter!
Thanks ahead of time and Merry Christmas!!!

02:18

Win-Win With Organics "IndyWatch Feed Food"

My relationship with food as a health promoting entity began at an early age. When I was less than five, my mother found me at the refrigerator in the middle of the night! I was silently eating a carrot. Wondering what in the world I could be doing, she politely inquiredto which I replied My eyes hurt! With a smile she recalled that she had been insisting that I eat my carrots because They are good for your eyes! It made a lasting impression to say the least.

Although my mother had not yet heard of Adelle Davis, she was wise enough to feature fresh fruits and vegetables at every meal and in the late 60s we began to visit the local farmers market. In this period we were introduced to many new and sometimes exotic vegetables not normally part of the Jolly Green Giant frozen food line. This included kale, brussel sprouts, hubbard squash, artichokes, avocados on the half shell as well as the local apples, pears, peaches and tomatoes that my mother religiously canned each summer. Simultaneously my father became a volunteer at one of the first local food coops. Shortly after, I left for college and became a vegetarian. In the process of trying new recipes, reading natural foods cookbooks and other related literature, I began to explore the important relationship between diet and good health. As a result, for more than forty years, I have favored wholesome, natural and organic foods.

Nationally, the issue of whether or not natural foods were technically considered organic did not seem to come to the forefront until it was clear that scientists were actually conducting a widespread and unwanted experiment in the form of genetically modified foods. With the introduction of GE crops and the subsequent ethical, labeling and health issues, the importance of choosing organic became paramount, since the organic label was the only way to supposedly be certain that there were no GMOs. So in this period, the mid 1990s, the organic food and agriculture industry came out against genetic engineering and what followed was a long battle, still not won, to require clear and accurate labeling as well as a moratorium on GMO production. Little known ingredients, vitamins and more were found to be high risk for GMOs but the majority of the public remained in the dark, as activists scrambled to use the media to educate and inform as well as petitioning to congress to ban GMOs.

On top of the GMO issue, another factor not to be ignored, was the widespread introduction of harmful pesticide use following World War II. Again, in the ideal, organic production prohibits the use of conventional pesticides and herbicides another inspiration to choose 100 percent organic food. As a result, reading labels carefully and asking important questions about the origins of every food and ingredient consumed became more critical than ever.

The All-Natural label could no longer be co...

02:16

2018 Forecast: Where Opportunity Knocks "IndyWatch Feed Food"

WholeFoods Magazine 2018 ForecastDiane Ray, VP, strategic innovation, NMI (Natural Marketing Institute), Harleysville, PA, shares her thoughts on where the opportunity lies in the coming year.

Boomers control the bulk of the wealth in the country yet everybodys focused on millennials. Millennials will be the future and if you get them early and keep them brand loyal youve got them in your brand franchise for life. But short term, youve got 74 million boomers who have $3 trillion in spending power. They are spending and they are living longer and should not be overlooked!

Boomers are not only invested in health and wellness but are also growing in their sustainability behaviors. The largest group coming into many sustainable actions such as buying Fair Trade Certified products are what NMI calls the Conventionals. These are boomers who were busy raising families. Maybe they didnt have time to pay attention. Now theyve got a little bit of time on their hands and realize making their families, neighborhoods and the planet sustainable is important.

Product

In the product arena, especially in supplements, I see the next big wave being products with clinical data to support efficacy. Before its often been inference marketing, if a = b and b = c, then a = c. People have bought into inference marketing and dont believe youre intentionally lying to them but in some cases, if it doesnt prove out, the industry takes a credibility hit.

I think the independent retailer has a strong role as the adviser, the third-party intermediary, the knowledge holder. When people go to buy at a big box store, theyre not expecting anyone to be knowledgeable. On the internet, reviews are all suspect. Theres so much conflicting information. You dont really know. Not every independent retailer is knowledgeable, but its a great place to invest in education for your staff in order to help bring new supplement users on board smoothly and instill industry credibility. These knowledge experts, whether its independent retailers or medical professionals, are becoming more and more important.

Nutritional science

Ten years ago, no doctors were even getting nutritional science as a part of their core training. Now its in medical schools, but its still a minute part of overall training. Its still oriented toward the body as a machine. Lets grease the joints. Lets keep these certain functions moving, but whats happening in your gut biome? If you look at every major university, theyre all look...

02:07

Survival Food Most Common In Preppers Deep Pantry Storage "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Which survival food choices are the most common? If all preppers were able to peek into the deep pantry food storage of others, what survival food types would be the most commonly found? What is Survival Food? Its any food that you have purposely acquired and set aside (or rotate through) for preparedness. Typically a well thought out storage of survival food will include a variety of foods and food types. Not just a case of MREs and we call it good Someone might choose to purchase a professional ready made survival food kit for long term storage. Theyre available

The post Survival Food Most Common In Preppers Deep Pantry Storage appeared first on Modern Survival Blog.

02:00

The Vincent Van Gogh Action Figure, Complete with Detachable Ear "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

If you liked Mr. Potato Head, you may love the Vincent Van Gogh Action Figure, which raised $142,000 on Kickstarter this summer and can now be purchased for $35 over at the Today is Art Day web site. Made of PVC and standing 5 inches high, the action figure comes with:

• 2 removable ears (Van Gogh cut his left ear)
  • 1 bandaged ear
  • 1 paintbrush
  • 5 masterpieces and 1 cardboard easel
  • 10 fun facts about the artist on the box

Other figures included in the collection include Frida Kahlo and soon Vermeer, da Vinci, Magritte and Rembrandt. Enjoy.

Follow Open Culture on Facebook and Twitter and share intelligent media with your friends. Or better yet, sign up for our daily email and get a daily dose of Open Culture in your inbox. 

If you'd like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educational materials....

02:00

Financial Expert: Phony Wealth Created Since The Last Crisis Is Going To Evaporate "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

financial-crash-economy2

Former Reagan White House Budget Director David Stockman is warning that the wealth created since the 2008 financial crisis is phony.  He also wants everyone to know that they only safe asset right now, is gold or silver.

David Stockman sat down with USA Watchdogs Greg Hunter, and plainly laid out the terrifying state of affairs our financial system is currently in. Stockman contends that record high stock and bond prices are flashing danger signs and that everyone should be aware of that.  Hes also not trusting of Bitcoin and sees its collapse as inevitable.

Theres a lot to talk about in the midst of all this craziness thats happening both in Washington and on Wall Street, said Stockman.

David Stockman

David Stockman

I dont think we are going to have a liquidity crisis.  I think its going to be a value reset.  I think there is going to be a jarring downward price adjustment both in the stock market and in the bond market.  This phantom or phony wealth that has been created since the last crisis is going to basically evaporate.

Stockmans appraisal of the tax cuts mirrors rational Americans thoughts.

I think its going to be a fiscal calamity of Biblical proportions.  I want to be clear.  I am always for tax cuts and shrinking the size of government, but you have to earn it.  You have to cut spending and entitlements and this massive defense budget.  Obviously, they didnt do that.  If you look at honest accounting . . .  this bill will add $2.5 trillion to the public deb...

01:58

Suckers! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Thats the last thing I said to my co-workers as they attempted to get home after the train derailment on Monday. What a mess! I know a few folks that finally got home at midnight.
As for me I was perfectly fine. I had almost everything I needed stashed in my commuter. I just stayed right in the parking lot of the show-up. I had my phone, my book, my 12 volt heat blanket(aww) and a warm sleeping bag. Of course a weapon. :D My biggest mistake was not having 4 or 5 days worth of food which...

Suckers!

01:55

Whey protein isolate "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Raw uncut whey protein has around 96% protein by weight. You can bet 9 grams of powder is going to have over 8 grams of protein in it.
It doesn't appear to go bad. It's very protein rich to say the least.
My wife bought some and it sucks. The $40 a pound medical grade soy free hypo alerginic stuff. Problem is it costs $40/lb, is soy free and doesn't want to mix with water. Need that soy lectin to make the whey mix with water, unless you plan on using a blender.
Mice like it, alot. If you do...

Whey protein isolate

01:45

Photographer Uses Christmas Lights to Illuminate Magical Portraits "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Christmas light portrait photography lighting tips

Canadian photographer Irene Rudnyk is known for her fascinating behind the scenes videos and tutorials, where she lets viewers in on the secrets of a professional photographer. And just in time for the holidays, one of her latest videos demonstrates how a simple string of Christmas lights can be used to light portraits to great effect.

After she and model Emily Brown taped some white Christmas lights to the ceiling, they had fun experimenting with the different effects the lights created. By posing her model next to a window, Rudnyk contrasted the natural and artificial light, playing with several different setups, from holding a few bulbs close to her lens to having Brown cup the lights in her hand.

The results are warm, wintery portraits that have a bit of magic and mystery. Rudnyk shot the images with Canon 5D Mark III DSLR and a Canon 85mm f/1.2L lens. By opening the aperture as wide as possible, she created a bokeh effect and blurred background that enhance the beautiful portraits. The simple photography lighting tip once again shows how it doesn't require expensive equipment or location to result in incredible photographs.

Photographer Irene Rudnyk used a simple strand of Christmas lights to create a wintery lighting effect in her portrait shoot.

Irene Rudnyk youtube photography...

01:42

Urban Warfare Christmas Wish List "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

There are no urban warfare units in the US Armynot a single unit designed, organized, or equipped specifically for the challenges of operating in cities. There are no research centers dedicated solely to the study of military operations in cities. There are no schools or training sites where Army units can experience, experiment, or train for the challenges of operating in places like Mosul, Aleppo, or Raqqa, where we have seen US and Iraqi forces engaged in high-intensity combat. Without a...

Urban Warfare Christmas Wish List

01:41

Winter Self Care Ideas "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Winter tends to be a season of rest in nature and that gives us plenty of opportunities to do the very same thing. It also gives us unique ways to care for ourselves. While a good practice of taking time to rejuvenate isnt necessarily season specific, we can mirror seasonal living with these winter self []

The post Winter Self Care Ideas appeared first on Homespun Seasonal Living.

01:36

forum upgrades Wednesday morning 12/20/2017 "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The forum is going down for upgrades Wednesday morning 12/20/2017 around 0200 EST

Downtime is expected to be under 30 min.

01:18

Stove Pipes and Other stupid stuff. "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Was helping someone out today that bought a portable building and is converting it into a cabin and about stroked out when I saw how he had installed his wood stove pipe. A 6" diameter hole cut in the wall for a 6" diameter pipe! And the pipe stuck through the hole (Single Wall Pipe). The area above the hole was black and charred. Just had not got quite hot enough to ignite.......... yet. I had a triple wall, wall pill behind the seat of my truck and a sabre saw and we spend the next...

Stove Pipes and Other stupid stuff.

01:09

Charlottes Web Mint Hot Chocolate Recipe "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Ingredients:

1c milk unsweetened unflavored almond milk or other unsweetened variety
4 squares of high-quality dark chocolate (approx 1. 28 oz)
1/2 tsp sugar or favorite sweetener
A candy cane or peppermint candy
Charlottes Web Hemp extract oil, Mint Chocolate
Peppermint essential oil, optional
Marshmallows or whipped cream, optional

Directions:

Over low heat, break chocolate bar up into pieces into a sauce pan.
As chocolate melts, whisk in milk. Stir in sweetener to taste.
Pour hot chocolate into mug with half a dropper of CW Mint Chocolate hemp extract.
Stir with a candy cane. For stronger mint flavor, dip a toothpick into edible peppermint essential oil and stir toothpick in hot chocolate. Top with marshmallows or whipped cream, as desired.

The post Charlottes Web Mint Hot Chocolate Recipe appeared first on Whole Foods Magazine.

01:09

Brew Dr. Kombucha Teams with NBAs Portland Trail Blazers "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Portland, OR In a first for the NBA, Brew Dr. Kombucha has partnered with the Portland Trail Blazers on a limited editiion kombucha for the NBA season called Special Edition Rip City Happiness.

The kombucha will be served inside the Moda Center and at retailers throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington.

Athletes at every level are paying more attention to organic and healthy diet choices, said Matt Thomas, CEO and Founder of Brew Dr. Kombucha, in a statement. Brew Dr. Kombucha provides tasty refreshment, while also providing probiotic health and wellness benefits, and is made entirely of 100% organic whole ingredients. Its a drink for our time, from players, to fans, to kids playing youth sports. Were thrilled the Blazer organization recognized this opportunity to support a healthy beverage option for its fans.

Thomas continued, If you had told me in 2008, when I started brewing kombucha at our NE Alberta Street Teahouse, that one day wed have a Trail Blazers bottle, I would have never believed you. Were very proud to be the first Kombucha offered inside an NBA stadium and represent our home team with our new Rip City Happiness collaboration.

The post Brew Dr. Kombucha Teams with NBAs Portland Trail Blazers appeared first on Whole Foods Magazine.

01:06

Ginger's anti-inflammatory activity is mediated by inhibiting macrophage and neutrophils activation. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Ethnopharmacol. 2017 Dec 15. Epub 2017 Dec 15. PMID: 29253614 Abstract Title:  The hidden mechanism beyond ginger (Zingiber officinale Rosc.) potent in vivo and in vitro anti-inflammatory activity. Abstract:  ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) is a well known anti-inflammatory drug in the Egyptian, Indian and Chinese folk medcines, yet its mechanism of action is unclear.AIM OF THE STUDY: to explore its mechanism of action and to correlate it to its biophytochemicals.MATERIALS AND METHODS: Various extracts viz. water, 50%, 70%, 80%, and 90% ethanol were prepared from ginger rhizomes. Fractionation of the aqueous extract (AE) was accomplished using Diaion HP-20. In vitro anti-inflammatory activity of the different extracts and isolated compounds was evaluated using protein denaturation inhibition, membrane stabilization, protease inhibition, and anti-lipoxygenase assays. In vivo anti-inflammatory activity of AE was estimated using carrageenan-induced rat paw oedema in rats at doses 25, 50, 100 and 200mg/kg b.wt.RESULTS: All the tested extracts showed significant (p

read more

01:00

Mississippi Now Ranked Unhealthiest State In America "IndyWatch Feed Health"

The logic of vaccines may lead us to the concept that a heavier vaccinated region is a healthier region. At least thats what the CDC seems to imply, as well as a variety of doctors...

The post Mississippi Now Ranked Unhealthiest State In America appeared first on Vaxxter.

01:00

Your Paintings Are Numbered "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

A 1969 Craft Master paint-by-number kit

In 1953, the Detroit-based paint company Craft Master was the driving power behind the paint-by-number craze that swept the midcentury hobbyist market. Not only had the company invented the paint-by-number movement, they had quashed their competition in the process. Even in the 21st century, the basic premise of paint-by-number holds true: With enough curiosity, and the ability to follow basic directions, anyone can be an artist.

For five years, Craft Master honed the assembly and distribution of their kits, employing professional artists to develop the kitschy scenes that quickly came to be inextricably associated with the paint-by-number genre flowers, bullfighters, fishermen, dancers, landscapes, even copies of famous works of art. By the early 1950s, the company had 800 employees who produced 50,000 paint-by-number sets a day, grossing what they claimed to be more than a million dollars a month By 1954, Craft Master was credited with manufacturing enough paint-by-number kits to total over $80 million in sales, published 10 million copies of their 64-page product catalog, and could boast lengthy features in Time and Life. Two years later, however, unable to keep up with domestic and international demand, Craft Master went bankrupt, a victim of its own success. Paint-by-number kits continued to sell through the 1960s, as other companies stepped into the void left by Craft Master. In the 70s, advances in computer scanning technology allowed painting enthusiasts to order personalized kits, created from computer-digitized photographs, converted to an outlined map of the image and printed on canvas, ready to paint.

Ever since their commercial release, paint-by-number kits have been a convenient ready-made metaphor for the commercialization and mechanization of culture in the early 1950s. Consequently, and unsurprisingly, paint-by-number art triggered a strong, immediate reaction from the art world a community that was none too pleased to see hobbyists take up their paintbrushes and crank out a Craft Master copy of The Last Supper. The denunciation of paint by number became a sport among social critics preoccupied with the raw edge of suburbia, where mass culture seemed most at home with jerry-built entropy of supermarket sad hearts, tract houses, picture windows, and pink lampshades, art historian and curator...

00:55

How to Host a Vegan Holiday Party "IndyWatch Feed Food"

The holidays are officially here and with that means parties and celebrations galore. While many consumers will host parties for the arrival of 2018, they may find it stressful to adhere to each individuals dietary restrictions. The vegan movement is growing, which means people are becoming more open to the idea of eating plant-based foods. Here are a few tips on how to successfully host an all-vegan holiday or New Years Eve party that tastes good to any palate!

Cook Crowd-Pleasing Foods

Vegans do not live solely off of leaves and twigs but because this is a common stereotype of the vegan diet, many people are hesitant to try plant-based foods. Here are some foods that will satisfy vegans and non-vegans alike. Some examples include:

Watch the Decorations

No party is complete without decorations! Veganism is not just a diet, its a lifestyle. People go vegan because they care about their own bodies, the environment, and the well-being of animals. Party decorations are often made from products that are harmful to the environment, which in turn affects the animals living in it. Ditch the balloons this year and look for eco-friendly party supplies to spice up your house instead. This website offers green party decorations.

Remember that paper plates and cups create a lot of waste. Go for reusable or biodegradable dining ware instead!

Dont Forget the Alcohol

Many types of alcohol are processed using animal products, making it unfriendly to those who follow a plant-based diet. Beer and wine are often processed with egg whites, gelatin, or casein. Furthermore, alcohol hardly ever has the ingredients listed on the labels. Despite this, it is not so difficult to find vegan alcohol for guests to enjoy. The host just has...

00:52

We Made Big Improvements to Searching for Relays "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

We Made Big Improvements to Searching for Relays
[IMG]
irl December 20, 2017

Relay Search, formerly known as Atlas, is a web application to learn about currently running Tor relays...

We Made Big Improvements to Searching for Relays

00:11

These results demonstrated the antioxidant, cytoprotective and anti-angiogenic properties of black carrot extracts. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Fitoterapia. 2017 Oct 16. Epub 2017 Oct 16. PMID: 29050970 Abstract Title:  Polyphenolic profile and biological activities of black carrot crude extract (Daucus carota L. ssp. sativus var. atrorubens Alef.). Abstract:  Black carrot (Daucus carota L. ssp. sativus var. atrorubens Alef.) is a valuable source of carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins and contains also high amounts of anthocyanins giving the characteristic deep-purple color. These latter compounds are known as natural dyes used in the food and pharmaceutical industry that have recently attracted much attention for their healthful properties. The aim of this work was to investigate for the first time the polyphenolic profile and biological properties of a black carrot crude extract (BCCE) through an in-depth analysis of the main polyphenolic classes evaluating its antioxidant, cytoprotective and anti-angiogenic properties. Twenty five polyphenols were quantified by LC-DAD-FLD-MS/MS analysis (anthocyanins 78.06%, phenolic acids 17.89% and other flavonoids 4.06%) with polyglycosylated cyanidins as major components. In addition, BCCE showed a strong antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity particularly in the hydrogen transfer-based assays (ORAC and-carotene bleaching) and a significant increase in the cell viability. Furthermore, BCCE exhibited a strong anti-angiogenic activity at the highest concentration assayed on the chick chorioallantoic membrane (50g/egg). In conclusion, the obtained results demonstrated the antioxidant, cytoprotective and anti-angiogenic properties of BCCE, which highlight that the higher biological activity of BCCE is probably due to the synergic effects exerted by various polyphenolic classes.

read more

00:00

The United States Lifted Own Ban On Funding Research To Engineer Deadly Viruses In A Lab "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Viruses and red blood cells , contaminated blood

The US government may now fund research that looks into engineering a virus to be more deadly and transmittable after lifting a ban they previously placed on themselves.

According to Science Alert, the moratorium, which was imposed three years ago, froze funding for whats called gain of function research: controversial experiments seeking to alter pathogens and make them even more dangerous. Now, the money is back on the table, giving those trials the green light once more.

The director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Francis S. Collins, announced the lifting of the moratorium on Tuesday.  Collins said gain of function or GOF research with viruses like influenza, MERS, and SARS could help us identify, understand, and develop strategies and effective countermeasures against rapidly evolving pathogens that pose a threat to public health.

But not everyone thinks this is a good idea.  In fact, most are concerned.  It isnt that this research wasnt being conducted before, theres a good chance it was.  But once the federal government shows interest in something of this magnitude, its time to worry. Some are concerned that the new flow of funding heightens the risk that unseen breeds of deadly engineered pathogens could escape lab containment, which would then make their way to the public, or into the wrong peoples (the governments) hands.

I am not persuaded that the work is of greater potential benefit than pot...

Wednesday, 20 December

23:54

Danish Central Bank Chief Wants You to Stay Away from Dangerous Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Danish Central Bank Chief Wants You to Stay Away from Dangerous Bitcoin appeared first on CCN

The director of Denmarks central bank has warned investors to stay away from bitcoin, comparing the cryptocurrency to tulipmania in the 1600s. In an interview with state broadcaster DR published this week, Danmarks NationalBank director Lars Rohde warned investors to steer clear of bitcoin, calling it an alternative to casinos that is dangerous. In translated Continued

The post Danish Central Bank Chief Wants You to Stay Away from Dangerous Bitcoin appeared first on CCN

23:54

23:45

The Cruising Community "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The cruising community is a wonderful, helpful, uplifting place. The reaction to this year's hurricanes proves it, but random acts of kindness happen every day.

23:32

Dengvaxia Vaccine Controversy In Philippines "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Note: Thank you to AHRP for this report on the controversial Dengue fever vaccination program in the Philippines. Even if you are fully pro-vaccination, this story should make you pause for a moment or several. Children ages 2 - 5...

23:30

Best of 2017 #42: Brenton Foster The Nature of Light (Self-Produced) "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The success of The Nature of Light has as much to do with Brenton Fosters talent at crafting spellbinding melodies as it does his sextets predilection for giant swells of harmony that spread out like sunlight across wide open fields.  Its just one beautiful moment after the other on Fosters 2017 release, endlessly.  The juxtaposition []

23:27

Echinacea purpurea protects against restraint stress-induced immunosuppression. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Med Food. 2017 Dec 7. Epub 2017 Dec 7. PMID: 29215298 Abstract Title:  Echinacea purpurea Protects Against Restraint Stress-Induced Immunosuppression in BALB/c Mice. Abstract:  Echinacea purpurea has been widely used for the prevention and treatment of upper respiratory tract infections and the common cold. The restraint stress has been reported to suppress a broad spectrum of immune functions. The aim of this study was to investigate the protective effects of the pressed juice of E. purpurea (L.) Moench (EFLA894; Echinacea) against restraint stress-induced immunosuppression in BALB/c mice. Echinacea significantly normalized the restraint stress-induced reduction in splenocyte proliferation and splenic natural killer (NK) cell activity (P

read more

23:25

Cartoon 58 - find the differences "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Find the differences.
I just compared 2 editions of Cartoon 58, the best cartoons of 1957 published by Diogenes (Swiss edition, German) and Diogenes - De Bezige Bij (Dutch). Only a few differences.
This books smell, well,  like "old books". The books have cartoons by Bosc, Chaval, Searle, VIP, ...
111 pages of vintage cartoon fun.

23:25

How Low Can Bitcoin Go? Charts Hint $11k Might Be in Play "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

How low can bitcoin go? A look at the charts suggest a bearish price reversal could extend through the weekend.

23:23

This man is taking Brexit far too literally "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Heres what happened, according to the report in Metro.

A man climbed into a really big hole in his garden and refused to get out. Firefighters were called after the unnamed person launched the bizarre stunt at his home in Catherine Way, Batheaston, which is two miles east of Bath.

And heres what a neighbour told the Bath Chronicle.

It started at about 4am this morning when there was a lot of shouting and screaming coming from the house opposite me. The young mans family was outside trying to get him back in the house. They called the specialist in and they put together a kind of crane over the hole and then tried to go down and get him.

Mr Davis, is that you? David?

Source

The post This man is taking Brexit far too literally appeared first on The Poke.

23:22

Deconstructing The Construct Ep 31 19 Dec 2017 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Something is going to happen very soon that will effect everyone, my feeling is before the end of the year.

23:01

Micro-Blimp Drone to Explore Inside the Great Pyramid "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Picture
This is the job I want. The researchers who recently used cosmic rays to find a massive previously-unknown void inside the Great Pyramid are now planning to drill a hole, shove a deflated micro-blimp drone through it, inflate it and send it around the insides of the pyramid. 
Source: 
http://mysteriousuniverse.org

23:00

The 1883 Krakatoa Explosion Made the Loudest Sound in HistorySo Loud It Traveled Around the World Four Times "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Think of ourselves though we may as living in a noisy era, none of us not even members of stadium-filling rock bands known specifically for their high-decibel intensity have experienced anything like the loudest sound in history. That singular sonic event came as a consequence of the explosion of Krakatoa, one of the names (along with Vesuvius) that has become a byword for volcanic disaster. And with good cause: when it blew in modern-day Indonesia on Sunday, 26 August 1883, it caused not only 36,000 deaths at the very least and untold destruction of other kinds, but let out a sound heard 3,000 miles away.

"Think, for a moment, just how crazy this is," writes Nautilus' Aatish Bhatia. "If youre in Boston and someone tells you that they heard a sound coming from New York City, youre probably going to give them a funny look. But Boston is a mere 200 miles from New York. What were talking about here is like being in Boston and clearly hearing a noise coming from Dublin, Ireland. Traveling at the speed of sound (766 miles or 1,233 kilometers per hour), it takes a noise about four hours to cover that distance. This is the most distant sound that has ever been heard in recorded history."

Anyone who writes about the sound of Krakatoa, which split the island itself, struggles to properly describe it, seeing as even jet mechanics lack a comparable sonic experience. Bhatia quotes the captain of the British ship Norham Castle, 40 miles from Krakatoa when it erupted, writing...

Nicolas Dorier Claims Bitcoins Network Issues are Normal and how This is a buy Opportunity "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A lot of people are frustrated about the way Bitcoin works right now. High fees, slow transactions, and a lack of improvements are definitely hurting the worlds leading cryptocurrency. Nicolas Dorier thinks none of this is a problem whatsoever, though. In fact, he goes as far as stating how all of this creates a new buying opportunity for people looking to buy Bitcoin.

Using Bitcoin has become pretty problematic in the past few months. It is quite slow to use more often than not, and the fees are skyrocketing as we speak. The average user isnt too pleased with this development, for obvious reasons. Nicolas Dorier, a Bitcoin developer, isnt too bothered by this development whatsoever. His recent tweet paints an interesting, albeit slightly odd picture.

Nicolas Dorier Doesnt Mind Bitcoins Issues

More specifically, he thinks people need to chill out over the Bitcoin issues. That is pretty interesting, albeit people who effectively use Bitcoin wont necessarily agree. In fact, theres a fair amount of friction in this regard. New topics and social media posts about fees and slow transactions pop up every single hour. It is evident this situation needs to be resolved, but that will be much easier said than done.

One thing working in Bitcoins favor is how the block time hasnt been affected all that much. More specifically, the blocks are still around 10 minutes apart. It doesnt solve the delay for transactions whatsoever, but its a positive factor which shouldnt be overlooked. Nicolas Dorier makes a good point in this regard, though. Whether or not the general user will care about this positive aspect, remains to be seen. It is good to know some things havent partially degraded, though.

The big question is whether or not these issues affect...

Singapore Central Bank Urges 'Extreme Caution' on Bitcoin Investment "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Monetary Authority of Singapore has become the latest financial watchdog to issue a warning on the risks of investing in cryptocurrencies.

15 Reasons Why Special-Needs Moms Are Superheroes "IndyWatch Feed Health"

December 19, 2017 We live in a world that loves a superhero movie or story. The good old fashioned good-vs.-bad movie never disappoints at the box office, raking in the billions, a clear indication that now, more than ever, people Continue reading

The post 15 Reasons Why Special-Needs Moms Are Superheroes appeared first on The Thinking Moms' Revolution.

Familys Christmas lights crash the National Grid "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

A couple from Hounslow have been ordered to switch off their elaborate external Christmas decorations or else face prosecution.  This includes their illuminated tableau featuring well known seasonal figures; such as Homer Simpson, a Wookie, John Wayne, several Lord of the Rings characters, a pink Cadillac and a ten-foot Wayne Rooney as Santa.

The Electricity Board said wed have to switch off.  They told us that whenever our lights went on Slough was being plunged into total darkness.   Apparently aircraft landing at Heathrow had been complaining that the glow in the sky from our lights was putting pilots off.  Bunch of miserable gits dont they know its Christmas?

Chipchase

22:59

Major Korean Crypto Exchange Upbit at Center of Regulatory Controversy "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Major Korean Crypto Exchange at Center of Regulatory Controversy

The South Korean cryptocurrency exchange affiliated with Kakao Talk has recently become the center of regulatory controversy. Upbit is the only major exchange in Korea that has not joined the other exchanges in support of self-regulation. Their agreement with Bittrex raises the question of how the regulation applies to them. Meanwhile, the exchange is having its own internal problems as customer complaints mount.

Also read: South Korea Clarifies Position After Reports of Possible Ban on All Crypto Transactions

Upbit at the Center of Controversy

Major Korean Crypto Exchange at Center of Regulatory ControversyUpbit is the cryptocurrency exchange integrated into South Koreas most popular chat app, Kakao Talk, which is installed on over 95% of all smartphones in the country. Over 120 cryptocurrencies are listed on the platform, thanks to a partnership with the US-based exchange Bittrex. By offering the largest selection of cryptocurrencies in Korea and leveraging the Kaka...

22:57

Japanese consulate general to provide aid for safe drinking water in Telangana "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Water purification plants will be set up in two villages with a grant of 31 lakh [approximately $50,000]

Two villages in Telangana will soon get access to safe drinking water with Japans Grant Assistance for Grassroots Project. A contract was signed in Chennai on Tuesday to provide financial assistance to set up the two water purification plants.

The grant contract for the project was signed between Seiji Baba, Consul General of Japan, Chennai, and Pushyamitra Sharma, managing trustee, Safe Water Network India, a non-profit organisation.

Elaborating on the Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects, Mr. Baba said the Japanese government provided financial assistance to development projects being implemented by voluntary organisations and educational/medical institutes.

In Tamil Nadu too, a school for children in need is being constructed at Tirunelveli by Hebron Educational and Charitable Trust with financial assistance from the Japanese government.

The Consulate General of Japan, Chennai, which covers Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala and Puducherry, has supported various such projects since 1990. Nearly 31 lakh is being provided as agrant to set up two water purification plants at Podichenpalle and Shankarampet villages in Medak district, Telangana.

Mr. Sharma said the organisation was mainly involved in providing safe access to drinking water to people in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana. We are focussing on creating clusters of treatment plants to ensure viability and supervision, he said.

The initiative will benefit about 5,000 residents in each of these villages as the plant can treat 1,000 litres per hour. The groundwater in these areas has high fluoride content and salinity, said Anil Sondhi, vice president-technical operations, Safe Water Network.

*Original article online at http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/japanese-consulate-general-to-provide-aid-for-safe-drinking-water-in-telangana/article21996748.ece

22:56

Our 7 favourite responses to Matt #Damonsplaining "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Matt Damon faced a backlash over this comments about sexual assault and decided to skip his latest movie premiere as a result. Maybe he was too busy removing his foot from his mouth.

Here are our favourite 7 responses online to #Damonsplaining.

22:56

8 Ways To Survive Natural Disasters "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

It seems that this year was one of the most awful ones for many fellow Americans due to some of the worst natural disasters ever recorded. Hurricanes Harvey and Irma and many of the wildfires going strong even today showed us how helpless we are when facing Mother Natures fury. To help you survive natural ... Read more...

The post 8 Ways To Survive Natural Disasters was written by Bob Rodgers and appeared first on Prepper's Will.

22:55

Reverse Insulin Resistance With These 8 Foods "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Reverse Insulin Resistance With These 8 Foods

Research indicates that you don't need drugs to control blood sugar.  Food, herbs, and spices are the future of medicine.

Over 80 million Americans have insulin resistance that can lead to diabetes.  And you could be on the road to diabetes for 10 years or more and never even know it.  Here's what happens.

read more

22:48

The efficacy of Musa paradisiaca in attenuating the damaging effects of aspirin on the gastric mucosa was observed in this study. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2017 Aug 15 ;5(5):569-577. Epub 2017 Jul 26. PMID: 28932294 Abstract Title:  Aspirin-Induced Gastric Lesions Alters EGFR and PECAM-1 Immunoreactivity in Wistar Rats: Modulatory Action of Flavonoid Fraction of Musa Paradisiaca. Abstract:  AIM: In this study, Epithelial Growth Factor Receptor and Platelet Endothelial Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 were localised to investigate the healing effects of a flavonoid-rich fraction of M. paradisiaca fruit in the gastric corpus of Wistar rats following aspirin-induced gastric lesion.MATERIALS AND METHODS: Mature, unripe fruits of M. paradisiaca were peeled; air dried, pulverised, extracted with 70% methanol, concentrated and partitioned. Ninety male Wistar rats were randomly assigned into 6 groups of 15 rats each. The gastric lesion was induced in groups B, C, D, E and F rats by administration of 400 mg/kg aspirin in distilled water. Group A received distilled water. After 24 hours, flavonoid fraction of M. paradisiaca was administered to groups C, D and E at 100, 200 and 400 mg/kg respectively for 21 days. Group F rats received omeprazole at 1.8 mg/kg for 21 days. Five rats from each group were anaesthetized with ketamine on days 14, 21 and 28. Gastric tissues were excised and fixed in Neutral buffered formalin. This was followed by paraffin wax embedding method and sections stained with haematoxylin and eosin and for immunolocalisation of EGFR and PECAM-1. Data were analysed using descriptive and inferential statistics.RESULTS: There was a significant difference in the ulcer index in the corpus of control and treated rats throughout the experimental period (p = 0.0001). H&E stained sections showed a gradual restoration of the epithelial lining in the treated groups. Immunohistochemical examination showed that M. paradisiaca significantly increased (p

read more

22:44

Breaking: Gunnedah Shire Council votes to fluoridate town water "IndyWatch Feed Health"

GUNNEDAH Shire Council has approved plans to fluoridate the towns water supply on the back of overwhelming community support.

But in a packed council chambers on Wednesday night, councillors voted in favour of requesting approval from NSW Health to commence fluoridation of the Gunnedah water supply.

Opponent Wendy Carpenter, who co-ordinated the Its OK to Say NO to fluoride in Gunnedahs water campaign, addressed the meeting, stating 97 per cent of western world countries dont fluoridate their water.

It is a waste that is too toxic to be allowed into the air, the soil and the water, she said.

It is mass medication without consent.

Dont be known as the councillors who consented to put poison in our water.

Cr Murray OKeefe, who moved the recommendation, conceded it was the most publicly-debated issue as a first-term councillor, and that hed stop counting the number of people whod asked him why Gunnedah doesnt have fluoridated water.

Its best practise for our shire, he said.

Cr Rob Hooke spoke in favour of the very emotive debate.

In my capacity, I have a bachelor of applied science, majoring in biochemistry, human physiology and neurology, and some of the findings brought forward from the anti-fluoride camp I found alarmingly questionable, he said.

By saying no to fluoridation, its like were refuting what the health experts and peak bodies are saying. None of us are experts in the room.

Cr Gae Swain said shed received correspondence and spoken to many people who supported fluoridation.

Overwhelming, my community has told me as a council rep, just get on with it and do it, she told the meeting....

22:35

Musa paradisiaca inflorescence induces human colon cancer cell death. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Food Funct. 2017 Dec 15. Epub 2017 Dec 15. PMID: 29243757 Abstract Title:  Musa paradisiaca inflorescence induces human colon cancer cell death by modulating cascades of transcriptional events. Abstract:  Colorectal cancer (CRC) is one of the leading causes of cancer death, and diet plays an important role in the etiology of CRC. Traditional medical practitioners in many South Asian countries use plantain inflorescence to treat various gastro-intestinal ailments. The aim of the present study was to investigate the anticancer effects of extracts of inflorescence of Musa paradisiaca against HT29 human colon cancer cells and elucidate the mechanism of these effects by studying the modulation of cascades of transcriptional events. In vitro assays depicted that methanol extract of Musa paradisiaca inflorescence (PIMET) was cytotoxic to HT29 cells. PIMET induced DNA damage and arrested the cell cycle at the G2/M phase. Expression studies showed that PIMET pretreatment upregulates pro-apoptotic Bcl2 and downregulates anti-apoptotic Bax proteins. Different assays showed that the deregulation of pro/antiapoptotic proteins reduces the mitochondrial membrane potential and ATP production; moreover, it enhances cytochrome c release, which triggers the apoptotic pathway, and further cleaves caspase 3 and PARP proteins, resulting in apoptosis. Changes in the protein expression profile of HT29 cells after PIMET treatment were analyzed using mass-spectrometry-based proteomics. PIMET treatment significantly altered the expression of HT29 protein; interestingly, X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein was also downregulated. Alteration in the expression of this protein has significant effects, leading to HT29 cell death.

read more

22:33

Who killed Jackie Ansell Lamb and Barbara Mayo? "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

It was a Sunday. March the 8th 1970, London. 
The time was approximately 2:30 in the afternoon.
A teenage girl stood at the side of the road with her thumb out, attempting to hitch a ride back home to Manchester. 
She had recently moved from London to Manchester and had traveled back to the capital city with her flat mate to retrieve the rest of her belongings. While there, the girls attended a party where the teenager met a man in his early twenties. The pair spent the weekend together before he dropped her off at Hendon so she could thumb a ride back to Manchester.

The girls name was Jackie (often spelled Jacci) Ansell Lamb; she was just 18 years old and worked as a legal secretary in  Manchester. 
She was seen by various witnesses at the beginning of the M1, attempting to get a lift Northbound. 

22:29

Bitcoin Cash Surges by 50%, Market Optimistic on Coinbase Integration "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Bitcoin Cash Surges by 50%, Market Optimistic on Coinbase Integration appeared first on CCN

The Bitcoin Cash price has surged by more than 50 percent over the past 24 hours, triggered by the South Korean markets abrupt increase in demand and the integration of the cryptocurrency by Coinbase. Coinbase Briefly Halts Bitcoin Cash Trading Due to Volatility Earlier today, on December 20, the global cryptocurrency exchange markets largest brokerage Continued

The post Bitcoin Cash Surges by 50%, Market Optimistic on Coinbase Integration appeared first on CCN

22:14

Tor Browser 7.5a10 is released "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Tor Browser 7.5a10 is released boklm December 20, 2017

Tor Browser 7.5a10 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page and also from our distribution directory.

This release updates Tor to 0.3.2.7-rc and OpenSSL to 1.0.2n....

Tor Browser 7.5a10 is released

22:03

The 12 Days of Skyhorse Publishing Day 12 The Age of Autism "IndyWatch Feed Health"

We'd like to express our gratitude to Tony Lyons, Publisher at Skyhorse Publishing in New York City. Skyhorse is one of the fastest growing independent publishers in America and one of the few to tackle the toughest, most controversial topics...

22:02

Phone Addiction Is Real And So Are Its Mental Health Risks "IndyWatch Feed Health"

From Forbes: Increasing evidence shows that smartphones can be addictive, and that smartphone addiction can have a very negative impact on our mental health, especially in adolescents and young people.

But the reality, especially for younger people, is that phone use, especially heavy use, isnt so lighthearted. A study last month looked at the rise in depression and suicide in teenagers in recent years. The CDC had noted a rise in the rates of both over the years 2010-2015, and found that girls were particularly at risk: Their suicide rate rose by 65% in those five years. The number of girls with severe depression rose by 58%.

The authors of the new study wanted to see what might be causing these disturbing trends. Though its only a correlation, the team found a tight relationship between mental health issues and a rise in new media screen activities. About 48% of those who spent five or more hours a day on their phonesa lot of time by any measurehad thought about suicide or made plans for it, vs. 28% of those who spent only one hour per day on their phones. No other variableslike household financial issues, homework, or school pressurecould account for the rise in mental health issues over that time.

Article

22:01

The Inner Level Linking Distress and Our Current System "IndyWatch Feed Health"

From The Alternative UK: Rod Tweedys book The Political Self, as well as a new book due out in 2018, The Inner Level, discuss the ways mental and emotional distress are created by modern capitalism.

Based on an equally impressive range of data and analysis, The Inner Level now shows the impact inequality has on individuals: how it affects us psychologically, makes social relations more stressful, undermines self-confidence and distorts natural differences in personal abilities. It demonstrates that societies based on fundamental equalities, sharing and reciprocity produce much higher levels of wellbeing than those based on excessive individualism, competitiveness and social aggression. Like its predecessor, The Inner Level will transform ideas of how we should organise the way we live together.

Article

22:01

Morgan Stanley: Hedge Funds Poured $2 Billion into Cryptos in 2017 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Banking giant Morgan Stanley has estimated that hedge funds invested $2 billion in cryptocurrencies this year.

22:00

PUBG Voice Chat Wins Oscar for Realistic, Powerful Portrayal of Mental Illness "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

LOS ANGELES In a stunning first, the voice communication feature of PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds has taken home the Best Documentary Academy Award for its standout depiction of a wide range of mental illnesses.

Its truly an honor, said lead developer Brendan PlayerUnknown Greene. When we started building this thing we were trying to revolutionize the world of multiplayer shooters. But we also wanted to create an in-depth portrayal of those suffering from the kind of diseases that cannot be seen. The folks in desperate need of mental health treatment who tragically arent getting it.

Read More From Hard Drive, The Only Ethical Gaming Journalism Site on The Internet:

Since the games March launch, PUBGs voice chat has captured the hearts and minds of critics with its varied collection of screaming, slurring, and other brutally realistic examples of general psychosis.

Sources say that PUBG creators BlueHole Studios hired several mental health consultants when developing the voices for the in-game...

22:00

Bitcoin Price Watch; Riding The Run "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Overnight action was a real roller coaster in the bitcoin price, with things initially taking a steep turn to the downside and correcting considerably before recovering somewhat to trade pretty strongly into early morning Europe. With any luck, we will see a continuation of this strength as the European session matures and, as far as key levels are concerned, we should have some pretty solid ones in place given the strength with which we are trading right now.

So, with this said, lets get things outlined for the forward session and see if we can jump right into the market and take profit on any action. As ever, take a quick look at the chart below before we get started so as to get an idea where things stand and where we are looking to jump in and out of the markets as and when things move. It is a one-minute candlestick chart and it has our primary range overlaid in green.

As the chart shows, the range that we are looking at for the session right now comes in as defined by support to the downside at 17457 and resistance to the upside at 17634. If we see price break through resistance, we will enter into a long trade with an immediate upside target of 17700. A stop loss on this position somewhere in the region of 17600 (current prices) will ensure we are taken out of the trade if and when things turn against us.

Looking the other way, to the downside, we will look out for a close below support to signal a short entry. The same concept applies, just in reverse, so we will target a downside profit-taking exit point in and around 17380 and we will place a stop loss somewhere in the region of 17480 to get us out in case things turn bad.

Lets see what happens.

Charts courtesy of Trading view

21:59

Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee Reveals He Sold All His Litecoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee Reveals He Sold All His Litecoin

Litecoin creator Charlie Lee has revealed on social media that he sold and donated all his LTC holdings over the past few days. The announcement was meant to show he no longer has a conflict of interest in promoting the altcoin but the timing has sparked some backlash against Lee.

Also Read: Thomson Reuters Adds Bitcoin Cash to Eikon Platform

Going Light on Litecoin

Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee Reveals He Sold All His LitecoinFounder of litecoin Charlie Lee has informed the community today that he no longer has any meaningful direct exposure to the cryptocurrency, having sold and donated all his LTC ho...

21:55

Lutein treatment attenuated the reduction in cell viability caused by H2O2. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Am J Chin Med. 2017 ;45(6):1273-1291. PMID: 28893091 Abstract Title:  Lutein Induces Autophagy via Beclin-1 Upregulation in IEC-6 Rat Intestinal Epithelial Cells. Abstract:  Lutein is a carotenoid with anti-oxidant properties. Autophagy, an evolutionarily conserved catabolic cellular pathway for coping with stress conditions, is responsive to reactive oxygen species (ROS) and degrades damaged organelles. We previously demonstrated that lutein can induce anti-oxidant enzymes to relieve methotrexate-induced ROS stress. We therefore hypothesized that lutein, which activates ROS-scavenging enzymes, can also induce autophagy for cell survival. In this study, we demonstrated that lutein treatment attenuated the reduction in cell viability caused by H2O2. Lutein dose-dependently induced the processing of microtubule-associated protein light chain 3 (LC3)-II, an autophagy marker protein, and accumulation of LC3-positive puncta in rat intestinal IEC-6 cells. Furthermore, (a) direct observation of autophagosome formation through transmission electron microscopy, (b) upregulation of autophagy-related genes including ATG4A, ATG5, ATG7, ATG12, and beclin-1 (BENC1), and (c) increased BECN1/Bcl-2 ratio confirmed the induction of autophagy by lutein. The results revealed that bafilomycin-A1-induced inhibition of autophagy reduced cell viability and increased apoptosis in lutein-treated cells, indicating a protective role of lutein-induced autophagy. Lutein treatment also activated adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase (AMPK), c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK), and p-38, but had no effects on the induction of extracellular signal-related kinase or inhibition of mTOR; however, the inhibition of activated AMPK, JNK, or p-38 did not attenuate lutein-induced autophagy. Finally, increased BECN1 expression levels were detected in lutein-treated cells, and BECN1 knockdown abolished autophagy induction. These results suggest that lutein-induced autophagy was mediated by the upregulation of BECN1 in IEC-6 cells. We are the first to demonstrate that lutein induces autophagy. Elevated autophagy in lutein-treated IEC-6 cells may have a protective role against various stresses, and this warrants further investigation.

read more

21:44

People have been busy improving Kate and Williams Christmas card "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridges Christmas card is a distinctly non-Christmassy affair this year.

No red and gold, no Rudolph, not even the merest hint of a bit of tinsel.

Fortunately people have been dicking around with it to make it better. And boy did they make it better.

And here they are.

21:38

The Many SHTF Uses for Alcohol "IndyWatch Feed Food"

ReadyNutrition Readers, this article is not to expound on alcohols qualities as a beverage, but on the different type of alcohol and the uses it has.  This valuable commodity has several uses from a survival perspective that are worth examining.  In this piece, we will be examining the three most common types available to you.  Lets jump right into it and give you something you can use!

Ethanol (C2H5OH) is the common form of alcohol that you consume as a beverage/within a beverage.  There are different percentages of alcohol per different beverages.  Here are some rough guidelines of the percentages:

Vodka (usually 40%), Brandy (usually 40%), Scotch (40-60%), Grain alcohol (85-95%), Gin (37-60%).

Methanol is also known as wood alcohol (CH3OH).  As the name implies, it is taken from wood, and its main use is in industry, and in high-performance engines such as racecars and monster trucks, as well as other specialty engines.  Methanol does not give a flame off when burning and can be put out with water.

Isopropyl alcohol (also called rubbing alcohol) sees a use in several different household needs from cleaning to disinfecting.  Isopropyl (C3H8O) alcohol is widely available in all your grocery and big-box stores and varies in concentration from about 50% all the way up to 99% (usually found in feed stores or hardware stores in that concentration).

Now for winter considerations, here is an important chart for you that lists the freezing points (the point of transition between the liquid becoming a solid and vice-versa) of alcohols:

Source:  http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/WO2010029344A2/imgf000023_0001.png

We must keep in mind that this is primarily used for ethanol, the type that is consumed as a beverage.  Im not listing freezing points of the other two types for a reason:...

21:35

The World Crypto Economic Forum is bringing together some of the worlds most notable crypto leaders "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Dont miss out on the first crypto event of the year in the Bay Area

The WCEF, being held January 15 & 16th, 2018 in the South San Francisco Conference Center, will bring together entrepreneurs, crypto enthusiasts, and thought leaders to discuss the ever changing landscape of this fast evolving blockchain economy.

Just announced, Nick Szabo computer scientist, legal scholar, and cryptographer who has spent many years developing ideas around cryptocurrencies, including the phrasing and concept of the smart contract will be performing at the event. Michael Arrington, Founder at TechCrunch and XRP Capital, is another keynote speaker. Among other speakers are successful entrepreneurs and blockchain experts including Bill Barhydt (Abra), Joey Krug (Augur/Pantera), Justin Newton (Netki), Toni Lane Casserly (Culture), Igor Barinov (Oracles Network), Miko Matsumura (Evercoin) and others. Their talks will cover all facets of the digital economy from blockchain tech to new economic models using tokens.

In addition to keynote presentations and panel discussions, WCEF will feature lightning talks, power networking sessions, and both a token pitch and hackathon contest.

Find more information on the website: http://wcef.co/

Get your early bird ticket now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-crypto-economic-forum-tickets-40798780250

21:35

Another South Korean Bitcoin Exchange Hacked, Files For Bankruptcy "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Seoul-Based South Korean bitcoin exchange Youbit has admitted to suffering a major security breach that led to the loss of a fifth of user funds stored on the trading platform.

Youbit to Proceed With Bankruptcy Proceedings

In an announcement, Youbit told its users that they will only be able to withdraw 75 percent of their funds stored on the exchange. The company stated that the rest will be credited to the users after the final bankruptcy proceedings are settled.

The official statement of Youbit read:

We sincerely apologize about the delay in the our announcement of the hacking attack and security breach we had experienced. Currently, we are cooperating with law enforcement and third party investigators to evaluate the breach. We are trying everything in our capability to minimize the losses of our users and we are considering several ways to handle this situation. We would like to apologize again for disappointing our users.

Since 2014, Youbit has served the South Korean cryptocurrency exchange market with a trading platform insured by a major South Korean insurance companies DB Insurance and Comodo. It had also partnered with KB Bank, the second largest commercial bank in South Korean behind Shinhan, to provide its clients with escrow accounts.

It amassed the interest of local cryptocurrency and bitcoin traders by marketing the Youbit trading platform as a fast and simple digital currency exchange for both casual and professional traders.

Third Bitcoin Exchange Hack in South Korea

Youbit is the third bitcoin exchange in South Korea to be hacked in 2017, along with the worlds second largest cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb and Yapizon.

Bithumb and Yapizon suffered minor security breaches throughout this year and have been responsible for the theft of user identities and user funds. Bithumb in particular suffered two major hacking attacks in a span of months. In its first hacking attack, Bithumb compensated $2 million to the exchanges users. The second security breach led to the leak of sensitive user information, and the company was fined by the South Korean government as a result.

Bithumbs official announcement in July read:

21:31

Does Your Doctor Know How To Weigh Your Child? I'm Betting Many Don't. "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Image Source
As has been my tradition, in December I repost old favourites from years gone by. This year am looking back to 2014.
On the surface it doesn't sound all that difficult.

Ask child to stand on scale. Weigh. Record weight. Done.

Working with parents of children with obesity, it seems many doctors nowadays feel it's important to add in some judgement or scary statistics such that after 'weigh' and before 'done' comes a speech on the dangers of weight along with the implicit or explicit suggestion that the child is responsible - either for gaining the weight or for not losing it.

I don't think that's fair. Moreover, I don't think it's helpful and I think it may well do harm.

It's not fair, especially with younger children, given that they're not in charge. They don't do the grocery shopping. They don't cook the meals. They don't set the example. They live the lives their parents teach them to live. They're life's passengers, not the drivers.

It's not helpful because speeches or stats without action plans by definition aren't helpful.

It's potentially harmful because the negative emotions bound to be generated by this sort of an interaction may well erode a child's self-esteem, body image, and their relationship with food. It may also lead that child's parents to adopt a knee-jerk pattern of restriction, guilt and shame that is far more likely to make matters worse than better.

The safest way for a physician to weigh a child is to tell the truth as to why weights are important. The truth is that children need to be weighed because medication is dosed dependent on a child's weight and therefore physicians need to have fairly current weights on their growing patients in case they fall ill and require a prescription. And should a physician have a concern about a child's weight I'd encourage them to have a discussion with that child's parents with the child absent and clearly, there's not much poin...

21:30

PR: Mattereum and InsurePal Sign Letter of Intent to Collaborate on Effective Mass Use of Blockchain "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Mattereum and InsurePal Collaboration

This is a paid press release, which contains forward looking statements, and should be treated as advertising or promotional material. Bitcoin.com does not endorse nor support this product/service. Bitcoin.com is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within the press release.

The Central Issue for Blockchain Expansion is Trust

Mattereum and InsurePal signed a letter of intent to collaborate in using blockchain to empower individual users of the technology, recognising that public and individual trust is central to the future of widespread acceptance of the blockchain, a digitized, decentralized, public ledger of transactions.

Their shared vision is of a future blockchain economy with three pillars: insurance, arbitration and identity. InsurePal will offer insurance of blockchain business transactions while Mattereum will act as a decentralised court of arbitration for disputed smart contracts. The collaboration will bring together InsurePals social proof model of shared-risk insurance and Mattereums dispute resolution infrastructure, both underpinning and boosting the growth of the user-managed crypto-economy. Together, insurance and dispute resolution support claims about identity that can be relied upon because those claims can be insured and compensation in case of misidentification can be legally enforced.

The decentralized economy is a rapidly growing alternative economic sphere. Crypto currencies have already attracted many investors and the underlying technology is quickly evolving into a new ecosystem for business, offering ever more value to its users.

With constantly improved engineering, a new internet era is emerging that will, over the next decade, radically change business processes by e...

21:26

Indias Tax Authorities to Issue Notices to 500,000 Bitcoin Traders "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Indias Tax Authorities to Issue Notices to 500,000 Bitcoin Traders appeared first on CCN

Indias Income Tax (IT) department is set to issue notices to up to 500,000 bitcoin adopters trading the cryptocurrency in exchanges across the country. Indias tax suits are widening their probe into bitcoin investments and trading after last weeks visits to at least 9 bitcoin exchanges in various parts of the country. At the time, Continued

The post Indias Tax Authorities to Issue Notices to 500,000 Bitcoin Traders appeared first on CCN

21:12

365 Challenge: Day 283 Hole "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Hole: (a)  small or unpleasant place, or (b) where Jay goes when searching for music

hole

Ryder and I had the apartment to ourselves last night, as W had to be out of town for the day. I thought Id spend a few hours reading and get to bed early, but that didnt happen. Pitch Perfect 2 was on the television, and I succumbed to the music for two hours, only to drag myself into bed completely focused on recalling various songs from the 1980s. Reading was no longer an option, so I decided to look up a few of my faves on the YouTube app on my phone while in bed. Ryder slept at my feet until I apparently pushed him too far. I was prepared to spend 15 minutes searching, then turn it all off. That never happened the proverbial rat hole weve all gotten stuck in took over! One song led to another, which led to more memories. Ryder abandoned the bed within fifteen minutes and curled up under his own blanket in his own bed. I guess he wasnt in the mood to listen to my jamming. Though I had gotten in bed at 11pm with a 100% charge on the phone, next thing I knew, it was 1:30am and I had a 13% charge on my phone. I dont recall anything that happened during those 150 minutes!

I have this occasional habit when Im home alone of listening to sad songs and power ballads. You name it, I probably listened to it last night starting with three different versions of Hallelujah. Air Supply certainly figured prominently, as did a few Heart so...

21:09

Zionist Group Awards Trump its Highest Honor: No President Has Done More to Promote Zionism "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Washington, D.C. While President Donald Trump has often referred to himself a friend of Israel, he has now been officially recognized for that stance by a pro-Zionist group that advocates for Jewish nationalism.

On Monday, the Friends of Zion Museum presented President Trump with its Friends of Zion Award at the White House.

No president in history has ever built such an alliance for the State of Israel and the Jewish people, and no president has courageously stood up for the State of Israel on the global stage as you had Mr. President, declared Dr. Mike Evans, founder of the Friends of Zion Museum. President Trumps historic recognition of Jerusalem will secure his place in history as the first American president to take that step since the founding of the State of Israel in 1948.

We believe no American president in history has done more to defend the Jewish people in the United Nations, Evans added.

The Friends of Zion Museum is located in Jerusalem and works to push the Israeli agenda while attempting to legitimize the taking of Palestinian lands.

One of the biggest moves, celebrated by Trumps Zionist backers, was his recent announcement recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Zionist allied Evangelicals lauded the Trump administrations staunch support for Israel.

This president is an anomaly. He is an anomaly because he keeps his promises. Evangelicals, conservatives across this country are grateful for the fact that he has actually done exactly what he campaigned on, said Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council.

Many people fail to understand what encompasses Zionism.

For those unfamiliar with the term Zionism, Vox explains:

Zionism is Israels national ideology. Zionists believe Judaism is a nationality as well as a religion, and that Jews deserve their own state in their ancestral homeland, Israel, in the same way the French people deserve France or the Chinese people should have China. Its what brought Jews back to Israel in the first place, and al...

21:00

God releases Crab 2.0 featuring forward motion "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

considering an updated dodo nextAt an open-air press conference held at the summit of Mount Sinai today, God, creator of all things, revealed the long-awaited upgrade of the crab.

God admitted that the DNA evolution software He had fitted to all living creatures at the beginning of creation had proved to be rather unreliable, so He had been forced to abandon other projects and stepped in to improve the design attributes of several creatures. But He refused to apologise for the delay in upgrading the crab.

As well as rolling out the new crab, God took the opportunity to launch improvements to several other products with a much welcomed fourth toe for the three-toed sloth, a more varied diet for the anteater and a software patch for the canine which improves its reproductive functions by stopping it shagging peoples legs. There were gasps from the assembled throng when He announced the breakdancing horse which He described as perhaps the ultimate in equine development.

God closed His address by warning that He would continue to be ruthless in protecting his design rights. There are rumours that Serpent Enterprises are about to launch a Zebra in white with black stripes. This is no more than a minor cosmetic alteration from my original black with white stripes patent, so if they go ahead with this product they should be warned that theyre heading for a good smiting.

The Gong of Fur (hat-tip to ianslat)

The Acid Reflux Honey Cure "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Acid reflux is a health problem that affects as many as 50 percent of Americans. The trademark symptom of acid reflux is heartburn, a burning sensation behind the breastbone that sometimes travels up the throat. Sometimes, this pain can be mistaken for a heart attack. Most people don't know that the lower esophageal sphincter is the tissue to blame for the condition. Most acid reflux is due to a damaged or weak sphincter.

The lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is a muscle flap located right above the stomach. The LES is responsible for keeping foods and acids in your stomach where they belong. Fortunately, there are ways to heal and strengthen the sphincter.

To find out about an all-natural, holistic 5-step system for curing acid reflux and heartburn and achieving freedom from most digestive disorders faster than you ever thought possible, click here!

Honey has been shown to do a lot of things. Studies have found that honey can do everything from improve circulation to cure baldness. Honey also can fight bacterial infections, reduce pain and inflammation, and even regrow tissue. The last is how honey can help cure acid reflux.

Honey can stimulate tissue on the lower esophageal sphincter to regrow. The honey cure for acid reflux consists of eating about three teaspoons of honey daily. Take one teaspoon after breakfast, one in the middle of the day and one right before bed. Also, be sure to use organic raw honey, which you should be able to find in health food stores.

The acid reflux honey cure is an easy and inexpensive way to treat acid reflux or heartburn. You should see some immediate relief, but fully regrowing the tissue will take some time. It shouldn't be too hard to be patient, though, when your treatment consists of eating three teaspoons of honey a day..

GDAX Halts Bitcoin Cash Trading due to Suspicious Orders "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

It has been a pretty interesting day for cryptocurrencies. More specifically, the Bitcoin Cash price is going bonkers right now. This is mainly due to GDAX and Coinbase enabling Bitcoin Cash support. As was to be expected, this momentum caused some sort of issue. The company decided to suspend all BCH trades for a while after mysterious riders showed up on the site. Buying Bitcoin Cash for over $9,000 is rather odd.

It was a matter of time until Coinbase decided to add Bitcoin Cash. Support for this altcoin has been rumored for some time now. With GDAX enabling BCH trades too, things will get very interesting moving forward. That is, assuming the company can keep their trading operation going. Trading across both platforms has been halted temporarily as we speak. It is a bit unclear as to why this has happened. According to GDAX, trading will be resumed later today at 9 AM PST. A brief reprise may be a good thing for markets to calm down.

Bitcoin Cash Trading Momentum Causes Some Issues

More specifically, there has been some interesting trading momentum for BCH. It became evident some people might attempt to manipulate the order book. Buying Bitcoin Cash for $8,000 and more is well over the market price. Several of such orders were created and filled. It is possible Coinbase and GDAX may reverse some of these trades moving forward, though. After all, a lot of people made and lost money in a very suspicious manner.

Although none of these orders went through for vast amounts of money, it is evident something doesnt add up. While the initial excitement was to be expected, so was the attempt to manipulate things. It only took just over an hour before things got out of hand. No one can deny cryptocurrency users are always looking for ways to make money in one way or another.  This incident is unfortunate, but it seems the situation will be rectified pretty soon. Significant volatility is always normal, but such wild swings are rather uncommon.

For now, none of this affects the Bitcoin Cash price in any way. The popular altcoin has set another new all-time high even before trading began. Full support for BCH is still the plan for both Coinbase and...

Bitcoin No Threat to Financial Stability, Say European Economists "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A group of university economists believe bitcoin is no threat to the financial stability, though regulatory oversight needs to be increased.

20:53

Saving Banksy Doku ber das Geschft geraubter Banksy Street Art bei Netflix "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Anfang des Jahres ist die Dokumentation Saving Banksy erschienen. In einem rund 70 Minuten langen Film beschftigen sich die beiden Filmemacher Colin Day und Mike Tarrolly mit den Themen Street Art und Kunstmarkt und beleuchten das Millionengeschft der Kunstruber und hndler, die Bankys Arbeiten aus der ffentlichkeit entwenden und verkaufen. Bei dieser Art der Geschft sehen die Knstler in der Regel keinen Cent. Titelbild: Saving Banksy (Video Still /Vimeo) Seit kurzem ist der Film nun auch beim Streamingdienst Netflix im Angebot und kann in voller Lnge online angeschaut werden ein Abo von Netflix vorausgesetzt.

Der Beitrag Saving Banksy Doku ber das Geschft geraubter Banksy Street Art bei Netflix erschien zuerst auf URBANSHIT.

20:52

WW3: China Mobilizes Military, Warns Of War With North Korea By March "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Mac Slavo; SHTFplan.com

A top Chinese general has warned that a war with North Korea could break out anytime. Because of the possibility of another world war by March, the general is suggesting the Chinese military mobilized their troops on the border with North Korea.

To prepare for a conflict that could break out anytime between now and March, Lieutenant General Wang Gongguang claims that China should mobilize their military might sooner rather than later. The Global Times, the English-language outlet of the Beijing governments state-run mouthpiece Peoples Daily China, reports the official is warning of the need to be mentally prepared for [war] anytime.

China should be psychologically prepared for a potential Korean War, and the Northeast China regions should be mobilized for that, said General Wang. He is also urging the deployment of antimissile systems and troops in the border area with North Korea in anticipation of conflict between North and South Korea, and others such as Japan and the United States.

Should a war break out, South Korea and China will be the two countries most destroyed by the devastation. Both countries would be exposed to harsh nuclear contamination and earthquakes. Such mobilization is not to launch a war, but for defensive purposes, he said. According to The Sun UK, the Chinese military expert and TV commentator Song Zhongping said that...

20:46

How to win any vaccine debate part 1 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

How to win any vaccine debate part 1

6114-06593619https://leviquackenboss.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/smart.jpg?w=150&h=100 150w, https://leviquackenboss.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/smart.jpg?w=300&h=200 300w" sizes="(max-width: 589px) 100vw, 589px" />

Weve all heard the most common talking points of pharma-sponsored vaccine propaganda in the mainstream media, but sometimes its hard to conjure up the right response when the same unfounded soundbites come at you in real life.

Save this blog. And the next three parts. Ive got your answers for you.

#1 When they say, Scientific studies have proven that vaccines dont cause autism!

Then you say, Despite what youve heard in the media, only one shot and one ingredient have ever been studied for their role in causing autism, and both studies are national embarrassments.

In the following two CDC (Centers for Disease Control) studies, just one shot out of the ten single and combination shots on the infant vaccination schedule and one ingredient out of more than three dozen have ever been studied in relation to autism. And both studies reek of scientific fraud.

The MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) study

https://leviquackenboss.wordpress.com/2017/10/29/how-to-win-any-vaccine-debate-part-1/

20:43

The Second Round of e-Chat ICO, First Decentralized Messenger, Ends in 10 Days! "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The e-Chat team managed to develop the Blockchain-based instant messaging system that enables the financial transactions within the system. The users assets are stored in e-Chat cryptowallets with the best protection and encryption mechanisms implemented. The startup has already gone through the pre-ICO and the First Round of ICO. The Second Round of e-Chat ICO starts on December 16 and ends on December 30, 2017. It is the shortest ECHT token presale period among the 3 planned, which lasts only for 15 days. The price of 1 ECHT token is $0.80.

The e-Chat international management team advocates for the highest level of confidentiality and security of your personal data. The e-Chat is a cross-platform app with a user-friendly interface. Moreover, it is free and absolutely protected against blocking from the side of institutions and governments.

The e-Chat cryptowallet enables the storage and transfer of your assets in ECHT and the leading cryptocurrencies. The unique feature of the cryptolike allows the connection of your cryptoassets with the standard function of the upvote. If there is the engaging content in your newsfeed you could instantly transfer some funds to the author.

The project is gaining weight worldwide as the e-Chat team is actively participating in conferences, summits, meetups and ICO battles. During the First Round of e-Chat ICO, this startup became a partner of the Cryptoconference held in Tokyo and was spotted among the Gold Sponsors of the Blockchain summit in London. Among the recent events where e-Chat team players had an opportunity to speak about the project were the biggest Blockchain Conference BlockShow Asia 2017, 6th China Forex Expo and Cryptospace in Moscow. The e-Chat community has also significantly grown, especially the subscriptions to their social network pages.

Get it on Google Play or App Store, try it out and enjoy the highest level of protection against breaches, cyberattacks and meddling from any third parties.

Make up your mind and support the first decentralized social messaging platform. Stay tuned, visit the official e-Chat website, where you can also find the whitepaper of the project.

Unit 25A,

Wing Hing Commercial Building,

139 Wing Lok Street,

Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

+8 (528) 009-06441 Hong Kong

20:42

Coldest summer for 100 years in Queensland, Australia, (Funny? That hasn't been on the lamestream) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

The weather is going crazy around the world, breaking almost every week a new extreme event record. Here three examples of weather anomalies recorded these days around the world:

More than 1.5 meters of fresh snow and 3.5 meters (11.5 feet) of snow accumulation were recorded on The Brocken, also known as the Blocksberg, the highest peak of the Harz mountain range and also the highest peak of Northern Germany culminating at 1,141 metres (3,743 ft):

http://strangesounds.org/2017/12/weather-anomalies-are-spreading-across-the-world-coldest-summer-for-100-years-in-queensland-australia-earliest-ice-formation-in-71-years-on-the-han-river-south-korea-3-5-meters-of-snow-in-germany.html

20:41

There's Only One Resolution Necessary In The New Year...Treat Your Bacteria Well "IndyWatch Feed Health"

At one point or another, we've all made a long list of New Year's resolutions to improve our health and lost weight. Most of these resolutions will fail because support systems are not in place from the start. However a different type of resolution, one for your gut bugs is far more effective than any strategy for weight loss.

20:40

The Anatomy of Genesis Mining Rig "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Crypto mania is taking the world by storm!  From reaching a combined $600 billion market cap, to Bitcoin trading at $20k on some exchanges, there seems to be no stopping the rise of digital currencies.

There are many ways to cash in on the potential that crypto has to offer, one of them being mining.  This is the process where each transaction or record on the blockchain network is verified.  As a reward for their contribution to the network, the miners receive freshly generated cryptocoins.

The cryptocurrency mining process is extremely processor as well as power intensive, and can get expensive if tried individually at home. Not to mention, the mining process requires specialized hardware, which has to be set up by oneself along with the power supply to feed the hardware. Genesis Mining steps in here to make the whole process easier, allowing interested cryptocurrency community members to be part of the mining community without going through any of these hassles. On a mission to democratize mining, the company is providing accessible and affordable cryptocurrency mining solution to the masses.

Genesis Mining provides cloud-based mining services to small- and large-scale investors.  Their mining farms already have all of the equipment set up.  In fact, the platform has the best Bitcoin and Altcoin-mining hardware and software available and running already.

The representatives of Genesis Mining have recently taken an initiative through their EvolveWithUscampaign to explain cryptocurrency mining and their services in the sector to the general public to increase awareness about the process and the companys offering.

What is a Mining Rig?

Stefan Schindler, CTO representing Genesis Mining offers a simple definition for the most crucial hardware in the mining operation by saying,

A mining rig is basically a computer, but is stripped down to the minimum in terms of computing, and up to the maximum in terms of mining.

The Evolution of Mining

Mining had previously been done on a computers processor.  However, as the industry grew, so did its mining requirements.  Processor mining took an enormous amount of power, and an alternative was eventually adopted Graphic cards. Graphics Cards or GPUs, proved...

20:38

Synchronicity: A Wink From The Universe With A Powerful Message Behind It "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Paula Cas; secretsoftheserpent

Carl Jung coined the concept synchronicity. It basically meant events are meaningful coincidences if they occur with no casual relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related. In Magic, synchronicity is your subconscious communicating with you.

It is your Higher Self giving you a message. Because of our ego consciousness, we dont notice the messages. Once you expand your field of vision, you will see these messages. Synchronicity links us to the unknown and weaves us into it.

You have to realize that there is a constant dance with yourself and your Higher Self. Synchronicity happens to everyone. Witches and Wizards are constantly aware of this. They know things you want just dont appear right before your eyes. They realize you have to look for the opportunities to act on to get what you want.

Your Higher Self brings it to you in steps. It is up to the individual to put the masculine force to work and act on it. For this reason, synchronicity is easily seen for them. It is all about an open communication with your subconscious and Higher Self(see Higher Self). When you get good at synchronicity, it is like having your own GPS in your head.

Your Higher Self will send you the signs to show you the best course of what you want. If you follow that flow, you get where you want easily. Dont follow the signs and the road becomes harder and longer or you end up at a dead-end. Let your own intuition lead you. Once you can see the signs, have the courage to follow them.
Read more

20:36

Energy Update Entering Into A New Year In 2018 Of Creating And Manifesting! "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Anastacia-Blue Beyond, Australian Correspondent, In5D.com New Triple INNER PEACE and STRENGTH! Entering into a New Year in 2018 of Creating and Manifesting! *With additional mini e-book* A New Inner Peace and Inner Strength of ALL of our facets being upgraded, is being felt from withinflowing up and out which then needs time to []

The post Energy Update Entering Into A New Year In 2018 Of Creating And Manifesting! appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

20:35

Gay Santa "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Looks like a pioneering social engineer named Daniel Kibblesmith asked, why ham-fistedly repress Christmas like educrats try to do when you could defile it to the point that it makes everyone sick?

f we dont push back, it will continue to get worse.

On a tip from Varla.

Source: http://moonbattery.com/?p=90758

20:34

Cryptocurrencies explained by AionNext "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Are You Ready for the Cryptocurrency Revolution?

An ancient Chinese curse goes something like this: May you live in interesting times. When it comes to something as fundamental to human interactions as money, the beginning of the 21st century has been interesting indeed, thanks to a little development called cryptocurrency. Emerging in 2009, Bitcoin was the first contestant in the digital cash realm, but others soon followed, and there is no letup in sight. But what exactly is a cryptocurrency and should you even care? The underlying technology that makes cryptocurrency possible is about to explode onto society in an even bigger way than it already has.

The World Before Bitcoin

To understand how intrinsically Bitcoin differs from the traditional money system requires a quick review of how financial systems operated up until now. The paper cash and metal coins in your pocket are precisely regulated by the government and central banks. This is where cryptocurrencies diverge. They are a decentralized alternative money system that is beholden to no higher authority.

As one might surmise, it is digital in nature and involves no physical manifestation, existing only as lines of secure code on a server somewhere. While not accepted broadly by mainstream retailers yet, digital currencies have already found kindred spirits in those who support an anonymous, secure, transparent money system. And when mainstream currency brokers like AionNext decide to offer online trading of cryptocurrencies, can the tipping point to mass approval be far behind?

The First Cryptocurrency

In 2009, either a single person or group of people going by the name Satoshi Nakamota created and released Bitcoin, the worlds first cryptocurrency. The idea of a currency that operates outside official government control has created a sense of unease among many. In the first years following Bitcoins release, countries have scrambled to come up with a way to define the legal status of this upstart currency. China banned its banks from using cryptocurrency. Russia hasnt made them illegal to possess, but you cant buy anything in that country unless you use the ruble.

As far as the United States is concerned, Bitcoin and its variants are treated as property for tax purposes, which means capital gains are due when you sell them at a higher value than what you paid. Online traders, especially those already familiar with the Forex market, love the idea of trading an asset that shows some of the upward mobility tech stocks demonstrated in the late 1990s. In fact, AionNext has updated their trading platform to incorporate Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin.

Behind the Cryptocurrency Curtain

20:34

Secretary of State launches investigation into voter fraud concerns in Senate special election "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Secretary of State launches investigation into voter fraud concerns in Senate special election

• Voters in Alabama chose between Senate candidates Roy Moore, a Republican, and Democrat Doug Jones. (FOX10 News)Voters in Alabama chose between Senate candidates Roy Moore, a Republican, and Democrat Doug Jones. (FOX10 News)
ALABAMA (WALA) -

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill is investigating a concern over potential voter fraud in last Tuesday's special Senate election. 

It all stems from a brief interview FOX10 News Reporter Kati Weis conducted at the Doug Jones victory party on election night when a young man made a comment that has now gone viral on social media.

The interview took place just minutes after the race had been called. 

While live on air, in the middle of the crowded party, Kati walked up to a number of jubilant supporters at random, asking them for their reactions to the big win.

But, it was this question and answer that has caused controversy:

"Kati: Why are you excited to see this victory? Man: Because, we came here all the way from different parts of the country as part of our fellowship, and all of us pitched in to vote and canvas together, and we got our boy elected!"...

20:33

Bitcoin Price Falls Below $16,400, Loses Nearly 15% in Major Correction "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Bitcoin Price Falls Below $16,400, Loses Nearly 15% in Major Correction appeared first on CCN

Bitcoin price has declined from $19,000 to $16,390 over the past 24 hours, as the bitcoin dominance index dipped dropped to 47 percent and alternative cryptocurrencies in the market surged in value. On December 20, the bitcoin price decreased by more than 10 percent, and its market valuation dropped from a weekly high of $331 Continued

The post Bitcoin Price Falls Below $16,400, Loses Nearly 15% in Major Correction appeared first on CCN

20:32

I do not believe the Amtrak was going 80 when it crashed "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

I do not believe the Amtrak was going 80 when it crashed

http://82.221.129.208/.zo4.html

They are clearly lying. It was obviously a 30 mph train wreck, and it can be easily proven.

Yesterday, witnesses were not saying the train was going between 70 and 80 mph, they just said the crash started so smoothly they were not sure anything was wrong, and then ended with them being thrown. Today, in all witness accounts, they are saying the train was obviously going fast, even in reports which yesterday said no such thing. There is an obvious expungement of facts going on.

The train was not going 80+mph and it is easy to prove.

The cars are not damaged enough, and the death toll is not high enough. Additionally, the cars did not go far enough after the crash. 3 of them stayed on the tracks, with a fourth one off the tracks but not fallen. The stories told by people are not consistent with an 80 mph crash either. From the pictures, the train was going 30. There's plenty of evidence to support this.

The 2013 Santiago derailment in Spain happened at a high speed similar to what is being claimed for this Amtrak crash, and the Santiago train stayed on level ground and killed 77 people.

In the American tale, a high speed Amtrak fell from a high place and landed in traffic, with a perfect dead end to smash into and only 7 people are dead because the train had a good soul and decided to not cross the interstate to bash into the dead end on the other side. THAT'S BULLSHIT. The death toll in the American crash should have been almost everyone aboard and it should have been a crumpled mess on the opposite side of the interstate if the speed was as claimed.

The engine that is still sitting happily on the tracks should have been a bashed up piece of flipped over metal a half mile down the tracks if it did not fall onto the highway. There's no way passenger cars took all the momentum away from it, especially when they were falling out of sight with no way to push back on it. The fact that engine is where it is alone proves the train was going 30. Laughably, the MSM is now calling the engine at the back of the train a "caboose" and not a heavy engine to cover up the fakery of the current story and explain why it is not a half mile down the tracks, past the crash scene. Their fakery with this key info is proof they are reporting based on an agenda, and not the facts.

7 people dead would be an amazingly low number for even a train that was not moving at all falling off an overpass. At first I figured maybe it was going 80, but the next day numbers don't add up, and I was not thinking at all about...

20:31

Its Going Down, on an ANTIFA group bragging about pouring concrete on train tracks in Olympia, WA. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

On Monday morning, an Amtrak train derailed while crossing an overpass in Dupont, Washington. Law enforcement say at least six people are dead and 78 others were injured. Independent journalist Mike Cernovich tweeted an archived link to a now deleted article from prominent, far-left website Its Going Down, on an ANTIFA group bragging about pouring concrete on train tracks in Olympia, WA.

The story is from April, but a more recent post from another far-left website, published just 9 days ago, is still up.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-18-at-2.22.15-PM-600x191.jpg

Olympia is a 20 minute drive from Dupont.

In late November, ANTIFA sabotaged a train in Olympia.

Police raided an ANTIFA encampment in Olympia following a train being sabotaged by anti-fracking activists but the anarchists claiming credit for the act have vowed to continue until every officer is down.

Earlier this year, a prominent #Antifa website published an article tacking credit for the sabotage of train tracks in Olympia, WA. In this article they claimed to have poured concrete on the tracks. It has since been deleted, tweeted Far-Left Watch.

Earlier this year, a prominent #Antifa website published an article tacking credit for the sabotage of train tracks in Olympia, WA. In this article they claimed to have poured concrete on the tracks. It has since been deleted. #Amtrakpic.twitter.com/aHfwdSM1ce

Far Left Watch (@FarLeftWatch) ......

20:28

Artemisia annua extract prevents ovariectomy-induced bone loss. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Sci Rep. 2017 Dec 11 ;7(1):17332. Epub 2017 Dec 11. PMID: 29230013 Abstract Title:  Artemisia annua extract prevents ovariectomy-induced bone loss by blocking receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand-induced differentiation of osteoclasts. Abstract:  The activities of osteoclasts and osteoblasts are balanced to maintain normal bone density. Many pathological conditions cause osteoclastic bone resorption in excess of osteoblastic bone formation, resulting in osteoporosis. We found that oral administration of Artemisia annua ethanol extract (AaE) or major components, artemisinin and arteannuin B, to ovariectomized (OVX) mice prevented bone loss, as verified by examining three-dimensional images and bone morphometric parameters derived from microcomputed tomography analysis, as well as serum levels of bone turnover markers and proinflammatory cytokines. The administered doses were not toxic to the liver or kidney and showed promising effects that were comparable to those of 17-estradiol treatment. At non-cytotoxic concentrations, AaE and active components, artemisinin, artemisinic acid, and arteannuin B, potently inhibited receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand (RANKL)-induced osteoclastogenesis and the formation of osteoclast-mediated resorption pits. Furthermore, AaE, artemisinin, and arteannuin B remarkably reduced the expression of the c-Fos and NFATc1 transcription factors, which play critical roles in RANKL-induced osteoclast differentiation. Taken together, the in vivo anti-osteoporotic activity of AaE may be derived from the anti-osteoclasticand anti-bone resorptive activities of its active components. AaE has beneficial applications for the prevention and inhibition of osteoporosis and osteoclast-mediated bone diseases.

read more

20:17

Disaster Prepping with Children: From Infancy to Adolescence "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Epic guide to disaster prepping with children including emergency supplies checklist, survival training for kids, evacuation, and family disaster planning.

The post Disaster Prepping with Children: From Infancy to Adolescence appeared first on Primal Survivor.

20:08

Artemisia iwayomogi plus Curcuma longa synergistically ameliorates nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2017 ;2017:4390636. Epub 2017 Oct 17. PMID: 29234397 Abstract Title:  Artemisia iwayomogi plus Curcuma longa Synergistically Ameliorates Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis in HepG2 Cells. Abstract:  The combination of Artemisia iwayomogi and Curcuma longa radix is frequently prescribed for liver diseases in TKM. However, the synergic effects of the two herbs on nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) have not yet been studied. Therefore, we investigated the anti-NASH effects of the water extract of A. iwayomogi (AI), C. longa radix (CL), and combination of the two herbs (ACE). Hepatic steatosis and NASH were induced in HepG2 cells by treatment with palmitic acid (PA, for 6h) with/without pretreatment of ACE (25 or 50g/mL), AI (50 or 100g/mL), CL (50 or 100g/mL), curcumin (5g/mL), or scopoletin (5g/mL). The PA treatment (200M) drastically altered intracellular triglyceride levels, total cholesterol, and expression levels of genes related to lipid metabolism (CD36, SREBP1c, PPAR-, and PPAR-), whereas pretreatment with ACE significantly attenuated these alterations. ACE also protected HepG2 cells from PA- (300M-) induced endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress and apoptosis and attenuated the related key molecules including GRP78, eIF2, and CHOP, respectively. In conclusion, we found synergic effects of A. iwayomogi and C. longa on NASH, supporting the clinical potential for fatty liver disorders. In addition, modulation of ER stress-relative molecules would be involved in its underlying mechanism.

read more

20:04

In Stuttgart wurden Autos von Falschparkern in Folie eingepackt "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

In Stuttgart haben Unbekannte Autos, die auf Geh- und Radwegen geparkt haben oder teile davon blockierten, in Folie eingepackt. Dazu gab es eine Schleife aus Absperrband und nette Grukarten mit Sprchen wie Kannste so parken, ist dann halt scheisse. WOW! Der Weihnachtsmann hat im Sden der @stuttgart_stadt Autos, die Ecken zuparken und somit Kinder gefhrden und Menschen mit Kinderwgen, Rollatoren oder Rollsthlen behindern eingepackt! Top Aktion! #Stuttgart #Falschparker pic.twitter.com/QBAqPs87Is Andruschka (@An_Druschka) 18. Dezember 2017 Die Aktion aus Stuttgart ist ein weiteres gutes Beispiel, um mit kreativen Protest gegen Falschparker, die fr andere Verkehrsteilnehmer wie Radfahrer, Fugnger oder Rollstuhlfahrer nicht nur sehr nervig sondern oftmals auch gefhrlich sein knnen, vorzugehen.

Der Beitrag In Stuttgart wurden Autos von Falschparkern in Folie eingepackt erschien zuerst auf URBANSHIT.

20:04

20:03

The Hidden Power of Universal Frequency And Vibration "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Music based on 432 Hz transmits beneficial healing energy, because it is a pure tone of math fundamental to nature.

20:02

Historic! Norways Parliament Votes to Decriminalize ALL Drugs "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

In a bid to assist addicts, rather than lock users in cages, Norways parliament voted last week to decriminalize all drugs.

20:01

The Power of the Spoken Word "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Most people know that imagination and visualization are potent tools for powerful manifestation. But many are less familiar with the power of the spoken word and how their voice contributes to the creation of their reality.

20:00

3,500 Occult Manuscripts Will Be Digitized & Made Freely Available Online, Thanks to Da Vinci Code Author Dan Brown "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

If theres one thing The Da Vinci Codes Dan Brown and The Library of Babels Jorge Luis Borges have in common it is a love for obscure religious and occult books and artifacts. But why do I compare Borgesone of the most highly-regarded, but difficult, of Latin American poets and writersto a famous American writer of entertaining paperback thrillers? One reason only: despite the vast differences in their styles and registers, Borges would be deeply moved by Browns recent act of philanthropy, a donation of 300,000 to Amsterdams Ritman Library, also known as the Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica House of Living Books.

Brown, the Ritman notes, is a great admirer of the library and visited on several occasions while writing his novels The Lost Symbol and Inferno. Now he's giving back. Some of the revenue generated by his bestselling novels, along with a 15,000 contribution from the Dutch Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds, will allow the librarys core collection, some 3,500 ancient books, to come online soon in an archive called Hermetically Open.

For now, the curious can download the...

Bitcoin And Mining Dominate Google Searches as Ukraine Closes in on Legalisation "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Keywords like i (Bitcoin) and (mining) have climbed to the top 5 of the What is category in Google Ukraines 2017 Zeitgeist report, local media have announced. Queries like Why did gas go up? and Why do we live? also feature high up in the list the country has been dogged by economic woes while fighting a bitter civil war since the Maidan. And with Ukrainians anxiously awaiting new legislation to regulate/legalize Bitcoin, I need a spinner has also made it to the top of the search engine statistics Fidget spinners, as we know, have a certain nerve-soothing effect.

Also read: Ukraine Drafts Law to Exempt Crypto Income and Profits from Taxation

Bitcoin Spins Its Way to the Top of Ukraines Search Queries

Freedom is taking a toll on Ukraine, both socially and economically, as Kiev steers the boat towards Western ports with its anchor still buried quite close to Russian shores. The country has been reporting unhealthy inflation since the troubles began in 2013. According to the State Statistics Service, consumer prices have increased by 13.6% year-on-year in November (almost 18% for food). Ukrainian GDP growth rate has averaged -0.09% (yes, thats a minus) for the past seven years, Ukrstat figures show.

Cryptocurrencies present a fresh alternative to the constantly depreciating national currency, th...

The 2017 Tapscott Blockchain Prediction Scorecard "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

How did the pundits fare in 2017? Author Don Tapscott reviews his own predictions, taking stock of where he went wrong and where he was on the money.

19:50

Kuwaits Ministry of Finance Refuses to Recognize Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Kuwaits Ministry of Finance Refuses to Recognize Bitcoin appeared first on CCN

Kuwaits Ministry of Finance has reportedly refused to acknowledge or recognize bitcoin and has banned financial institutions from trading with the cryptocurrency. Citing sources, an Arab Times report revealed that the ministry and the Central Bank of Kuwait have forbidden the banking sector and companies under its regulatory purview from trading in bitcoin after Continued

The post Kuwaits Ministry of Finance Refuses to Recognize Bitcoin appeared first on CCN

19:48

Altcoins surge in Asian trading session "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Christmas may have come early in crypto land as altcoins are hitting the top of their charts once again in the Asian trading session this morning. Bitcoin has remained relatively flat since the launch of CMEs futures contracts on Sunday. Prices have only fluctuated slightly between $17k and $19k over the past few days.

In previous months we have witnessed the big daddy of crypto literally eat its younger siblings which Bitcoin prices sky rocket and altcoins start tanking. These last couple of weeks have been quite the opposite and today a number of cryptos have broken their previous price tops.

An hour or so ago Ethereum reached an all-time high of $840, a price which may have increased further by the time you get to the end of the article. ETH broke through resistance around the $750 level and marched higher through the psychological $800 barrier. The surge has likely been boosted by the launch of the Dai stablecoin on the Ethereum network. Similar to Tether, Dai is soft-pegged to the USD and, according to their website where;

anyone, anywhere has the freedom to choose a money they can place their confidence in. A money that will always maintain its purchasing power.

Along with Ethereum, OmiseGO has made record gains today climbing over $20 for the first time. Omise has experienced huge growth this year from a sub-dollar coin back in July to where it is today with a market capacity over $2 billion. OMG works slightly differently to other blockchains in that it has a delegated proof-of-stake which involves validating the network through running nodes that can be voted for. With real transactions already occurring and trials with big companies Omise could GO even further in 2018.

As predicted Litecoin has broken resistance and started heading upwards this morning towards a new high of $375 according to Coinmarketcap.com. LTC has been flat for almost a week after jumping several hundred percent in a couple of days. It has just started to move again and the next station for Charlie Lees crypto is at $400.

Bitcoin Cash also had an epic morning reaching new heights of $2,353 a few hours ago. Markets have pulled back slightly but the coin still trades high at $2,200 at the time of writing. BCH is the third largest crypto currency with a market cap of $37 billion.

Other coins doing well out of this mornings trading session were Ripple, Cardano, Dash, Monero, NEO, and Nem, which just broke a dollar for the first time. Happy times in crypto land.

19:36

End of 24-year Cycle Archangel Michael Speaks Out Part 2 of 3 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Continued from part 1 https://prepareforchange.net/2017/12/18/end-of-24-year-cycle-archangel-michael-speaks-out-part-1-of-3/

Archangel Michael is making it very clear that the time has come for a very long needed reform on this planet. That the time has come for each one of us to take our responsibility to take part in this reform. We must, and we will do it NOW.

Something We Can Choose to Do

Michael speaks in depth about the suffering in so many war-torn places mentioning many countries in the middle east like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine etc. and even Saudi Arabia. He would not be recommending that we actually travel physically to these places to give support in some way. He tells us something that many of us may not be aware of namely that we can send one aspect of ourselves to a place of our choice. Send one mighty warrior aspect of yourself to be a beacon of hope in at least one war-torn place. Do not deplete yourself by sending many aspects.  When we do this, we can think of your warrior self, holding My sword. We can choose to place ourselves in places of squalor or places of power. Those Lightwarriors to feel that they have the capability and strength might choose to stand beside some powerful dictator type politician at this time in a stance of peace.

Michael points out that because the USA has a history of dominance and interference in other nations affairs that someone {from the US} coming as a physical person to a war situation even having the best of intentions might seem intrusive. However, by sending one aspect of ourselves without interference to hold the peace is a powerful tool this time.

Generally speaking we underestimate the power we have as divine creative beings to affect change and on that note, I will now relate from my notes what Archangel Michael says regarding meditations.

The Amplification Effect of Meditations.

Those among us that have been following Cobras updates from the Resistance Movement have been taking part in regular weekly and other special meditations now for 5 years. We have seen amazing evidence time and time again in the power of meditations to calm down very dangerous situations around the globe and bringing forth the New Gaia energy Grid. This is some of what Michael said the other da...

19:33

Why side projects are so damn important "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Trello, Craigslist, Unsplash, AppSumo, Twitter, Gmail what do all these successful companies have in common?

Yes, they can all trace their humble beginnings back to being something we might call a side project.

Side projects come in many forms and have lots of different purposes. Some people start them to create a nice product and eventually build a successful company, but there are many other reasons why working on side projects can be exceptionally important.

Accelerate your learning.

Learning and mastering a new skill can be tough, but with enough persistence and motivation there is a lot we can achieve. Like learning how to code, it can be hard, frustrating and time-consuming. In the end, the most important thing to do is to keep going and gain experience.

Sure, it helps if youre good at math, logical thinking and have a college degree in computer science. But for people with a non-technical background, like me, its still possible to become great developers with enough motivation and persistence.

In my own experience, I found working on side projects in my spare time not only fun, but really helpful in developing my coding skills.

Every time I read something interesting on a blog, or was facing a challenge at work, or learned something new from a colleague, I wanted to implement it in one of my side projects as well.

Read about a better way to store images? Lets try it! Learned how to work with AJAX? Lets Ajax-ify everything! Stumbled upon a great Ruby gem? Lets bundle that up!

And every time I improved my skills, I wanted to rewrite stuff to use better or cleaner code, which made me care about it more and more.

RaterFox

In my first year working as a developer I learned a lot. I also believe the side projects I worked on at night or over weekends gave my learning ability and motivation a big boost.

One of the projects I spend by far the most time on is called RaterFox. Its a social platform for movies and TV shows that amongst other things, allows you to rate and review titles or recommend them to your friends.

Ive used the TMDb API to get the movie and TV data. I used the Giphy API to create a gif picker so users can create Reactions to show their initial thoughts about a movie or TV series.

Im still working hard on improvements (because when will a project ever be finished?), bu...

19:15

The Next Step In Overstocks Master Blockchain Plan Is Underway "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Next Step In Overstocks Master Blockchain Plan Is Underway by Brady Dale  Coin Desk Theres a method in our madness. Click here to sign up for The Daily Coin FREE newsletter covering precious metals, war, health and prepper suggestions! Thats how Overstock founder Patrick Byrne...

The post The Next Step In Overstocks Master Blockchain Plan Is Underway appeared first on The Daily Coin.

19:00

Bitcoin Gold Price Technical Analysis BTG/USD to Surge above $400? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Points

• Bitcoin gold price is gaining momentum and it recently traded above $380 against the US Dollar.
  • There was a break above a major connecting resistance trend line at $355 on the hourly chart of BTG/USD (data feed from Bitfinex).
  • The pair might continue to move higher above the $400 level in the near term.

Bitcoin gold price is gaining traction above $380 against the US Dollar. BTG/USD may soon accelerate gains above the $400 level going forward.

Bitcoin Gold Price Trend

It was a good period for bitcoin gold price as it moved above the $325 and $360 resistance levels against the US Dollar. The upside move was strong and the price almost tested the $400 level. A high was formed at $399.92 and it seems like the current upside move is far from over. During the upside move, there was a break above a major connecting resistance trend line at $355 on the hourly chart of BTG/USD.

The pair is now poised to break the $400 level and gain further. On the downside, an initial support is around the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the last wave from the $290 low to $399 high. However, the most important support is near $360 and $355. The mentioned $355 level was a resistance earlier, and now it is likely to act as a support. Moreover, the 38.2% Fib retracement level of the last wave from the $290 low to $399 high is also around $358 to act as a decent support.

Bitcoin Gold Price Technical Analysis BTG USD

On the upside, a break above the $400 level is very likely. Above $400, the next target could be the $425 level in the near term.

Looking at the technical indicators:

Hourly MACD The MACD for BTG/USD is gaining momentum in the bullish zone.

Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) The RSI for BTG/USD is heading towards the overbought levels.

Major Support Level $355

Major Resistance Level $400

Charts courtesy Trading View,...

Industry Insight: News Organizations Need Longer-Term Revenue Metrics "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Some publishers are making an interesting shift from focus on CPM rates in digital advertising to a measurement of average revenue per user. If they take it a step further, and think about ARPU over the long-term instead of a single session on a website, and in general rather than just advertising, it could go a long way toward fixing journalisms revenue problems.

Big tech platforms have long used this kind of measure, and a cottage industry of companies specializing in optimization of programmatic advertising inventory has emerged to help publishers make the shift.

Just in terms of advertising alone, it pushes news organizations to think more about user experience. Of course, weve always known that at some point data will show that 10 ad units on a home page doesnt necessarily equal double the advertising revenue five would generate. If advertisers insist that rates be tied in some way to results, the viewability of those ads becomes paramount, and less can be more.

It sharpens focus on keeping readers on your site once they get thereare they seeing smartly curated related content? And on how to get them to returnemail and push alerts, but also a good feeling about their user experience on the site.

Thinking about average revenue per user leads to the potential that machine learning has to figure out what ad formats, topics and messages are most likely to elicit a response or action by individual readers.

It should prompt local news publishers to finally get serious about knowing a lot more about who their readers are and what motivates them.

If average revenue per user encompasses all types of revenue, a much more extreme focus on user experience would naturally follow.

In explaining a few years ago why his new Philadelphia local online news site, Billy Penn, was not built around banner advertising as a revenue model, Jim Brady said that he wanted to monetize readers over their lifetime of interaction with the site and the brand, not a single visit.

The latter is exactly what most news websites are doing, and its why all of the most user-unfriendly designs and ad formats were created. Weve got one chance to hit this person with as many ad units, popup ads, autoplay videos as we can. And its a self-fulfi...

Why Men With Dark Intentions Destroyed the Library of Alexandria "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Ancient civilizations are a fascinating topic, and its clear we have so much to learn from them when it comes to our way of life, our health, our technology, science, nature, consciousness, and the nature of reality itself.

Be it information in the form of written text, or advanced ancient structures like the Kailasa temple, one of 32 cave temples and monasteries located within the Ellora Caves in India, their knowledge how they acquired it and how they constructed their masterpieces remains a complete mystery.

With all of our modern day technology, knowledge, and wisdom, there is still no way to accomplish some of the feats of civilizations past, feats that required an extremely advanced understanding of mathematics, physics, and more.

There is evidence that many ancient achievements required an extremely advanced form of technology as well, and many examples to prove these assertions.

Read Entire Article

18:53

Bitcoin Drops Following CME Futures, Investors Still Buy In At 100% Premium "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

100% premiums are still attractive to Bitcoin investors, despite price drop following the launch of CME Bitcoin futures.

18:37

Supplementation with lutein and zeaxanthin improves CNS xanthophyll levels and cognitive function in healthy adults. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Nutrients. 2017 Nov 14 ;9(11). Epub 2017 Nov 14. PMID: 29135938 Abstract Title:  Effects of a Lutein and Zeaxanthin Intervention on Cognitive Function: A Randomized, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Younger Healthy Adults. Abstract:  Background: Past studies have suggested that higher lutein (L) and zeaxanthin (Z) levels in serum and in the central nervous system (as quantified by measuring macular pigment optical density, MPOD) are related to improved cognitive function in older adults. Very few studies have addressed the issue of xanthophylls and cognitive function in younger adults, and no controlled trials have been conducted to date to determine whether or not supplementation with L + Z can change cognitive function in this population. Objective: The purpose of this study was to determine whether or not supplementation with L + Z could improve cognitive function in young (age 18-30), healthy adults. Design: A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled trial design was used. Fifty-one young, healthy subjects were recruited as part of a larger study on xanthophylls and cognitive function. Subjects were randomized into active supplement (n = 37) and placebo groups (n = 14). MPOD was measured psychophysically using customized heterochromatic flicker photometry. Cognitive function was measured using the CNS Vital Signs testing platform. MPOD and cognitive function were measured every four months for a full year of supplementation. Results: Supplementation increased MPOD significantly over the course of the year, vs. placebo (p

read more

18:36

Note from guys who left restaurant without paying restores peoples faith in humanity "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

This tale has gone some way to restoring peoples faith in humanity after a bunch of guys skipped a restaurant without paying, leaving the owner thinking theyd done a runner.

Except it turned out they hadnt when this turned up in the post.

Along with this.

Heres what they said.

We exited Kilimandjaros to embark on a search for an ATM machine.

On our search, it was apparent that the last train to our hometown was shortly about to depart.

This diverted our attention away from finding an A.T.M machine and led to us running to the train station and just making our train.

It was at this point, being too late, we realised our actions and decided to write this letter of apology with 40 enclosed in this envelope.

It is with our deepest regret that not being from Middlesborough we are not able to come to Kilimandjaros in person to apologise. Additionally, we will be giving a positive five-star review of your establishment on Tripadvisor.

The owners of the restaurant, the Kilimandjaro in Middlesbrough, wrote about it on their Facebook page and theyd like to get in touch to thank the lads in person.

The biggest miracle might be that they put cash in the envelope and it didnt get nicked.

Source

The post Note from guys who left restaurant without paying restores peoples fai...

18:30

New Chain Platform Ivy Brings Smart Contracts to Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

New Chain Platform Ivy Brings Smart Contracts to Bitcoin

Smart contracts self-executing pieces of code are most commonly associated with the ethereum network. Long before Vitalik Buterin tried to sell a fake quantum mining computer and dreamed up his global supercomputer, however, Satoshi Nakamoto saw the potential for smart contracts, even though the term had yet to be popularized. The bitcoin blockchain is now a step closer to having its own self-executable agreements thanks to the arrival of Ivy.

Also read: SEC Suspends Trading in Publicly Traded `The Crypto Company after 2500% Rise

Bitcoin is Getting Smarter

Ivy is an open source compiler developed by cryptographic ledger specialists Chain.com. It can be used to write bitcoin smart contracts into Segwit-compatible addresses. The range of functions that Bitcoin Script supports is more limited than those available on the Turing-complete ethereum network. This reduced functionality is one of bitcoins strengths however: maintaining network security is deemed more important than introducing untested code that has the potential to break things.

18:19

Evidence Points To Bitcoin Being NSA-Engineered Psyop To Roll Out "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Natural News| Im going to assume the readers who make it to this article are well informed enough that I dont have to go into the history of the global money changers and their desire for a one world currency. (If you dont yet understand the goal of the globalist banking empire and the coming engineered collapse of the fiat currency system, youre already about 5,000 posts behind the curve.)

With that as a starting point, its now becoming increasingly evident that Bitcoin may be a creation of the NSA and was rolled out as a normalization experiment to get the public familiar with digital currency. Once this is established, the worlds fiat currencies will be obliterated in an engineered debt collapse (see below for the sequence of events), then replaced with a government approved cryptocurrency with tracking of all transactions and digital wallets by the worlds western governments.

NSA mathematicians detailed digital cash two decades ago

What evidence supports this notion? First, take a look at this document entitled, How to make a mint: The cryptography of anonymous electronic cash. This document, released in 1997 yes, twenty years ago detailed the overall structure and function of Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

Who authored the document? Try not to be shocked when you learn it was authored by mathematical cryptographers at the National Security Agencys Office of Information Security Research and Technology.

The NSA, in other words, detailed key elements of Bitcoin long before Bitcoin ever came into existence. Much of the Bitcoin protocol is detailed in this document, including signature authentication techniques, eliminating cryptocoin counterfeits through transaction authentication and several features that support anonymity and untraceability of transactions. The document even outlines the heightened risk of money launderingthats easily accomplished with cryptocurrencies. It also describes secure hashing to be both one-way and collision-free.

Although Bitcoin adds mining and a shared, peer-to-peer blockchain transaction au...

18:19

Finally the pandas get it on and then this happens "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Coitus interrupted.

Look closely and I think you can see the earth move just a tiny bit.

Source

The post Finally the pandas get it on and then this happens appeared first on The Poke.

18:10

The Bitcoin Bubble "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

As bitcoin has become a mania, it is also becoming a risk to the real economy.

18:08

Someone faceswapped Keanu Reeves with Adam Driver and now everyones confused "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Ever noticed how much Adam Driver you know, from the Last Jedi looks like Keanu Reeves?

Well, you have now.

Turns out its Adam Driver on the right but people dont know what to think anymore.

18:00

Chain Moves to Simplify Smart Contracts on Bitcoin Blockchain "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The startup released an open-source compiler that translates between Ivy, Chain's high-level smart contract language, and low-level Bitcoin Script.

17:51

Alan Sugars Piers Morgan takedown is blunt but very effective "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Piers Morgan has written a column about feminism, the contents of which need not bother us too much beyond this.

It prompted a lively debate, not least with his Good Morning Britain colleague, Susanna Reid.

But again, thats now why were here.

Were here for this.

Blunt, but very effective.

17:50

Astrologers Caution That Dec 21, Winter Solstice, Will Be the Worst Day of the Year "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

We came into 2017 with the hope of a drastic change after 2016, the year that we said goodbye to a large number of our favorite celebrities and icons. Unfortunately, 2017 hasnt been the reprieve that many were hoping for. Instead, we have faced political unrest within our own borders, significant changes in the labor force, and potential conflict with other countries, such as North Korea. Despite all the challenges, obstacles and unknowns many have still held onto the hope that the year that came in like a lion would turn around in time. With Winter Solstice just around the corner, experts are warning the truth may be exactly the opposite

Photo by Caleb George on Unsplash

The shortest day of the year, December 21st marks Winter Solstice. The lack of daylight can create a depressing atmosphere for many, often seen as a day of concern for those who are struggling with their mental health.

This year, however, Winter Solstice will bring on some unique struggles according to astrologer and author Neil Spencer. This year will mark the first time since 1664 that the Sun will move into Capricorn, just hours after Saturn makes the same shift. What does this mean? The sun and Saturn will line up causing a phenomenon that Spencer warns will bring some big challenges and potentially long-term consequences.

In his blog post explaining the coming phenomenon, Spencer explains, What does it mean? Since Saturn rules the sign of the Goat, matters Capricornian are brought to the fore; the establishment, the patriarchy, big business, property. In ones personal horoscope, Saturn in Capricorn is a very useful placement, denoting on...

17:47

Shikonin induces glioma cell necroptosis in vitro by ROS overproduction. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2017 Nov ;38(11):1543-1553. Epub 2017 Aug 17. PMID: 28816233 Abstract Title:  Shikonin induces glioma cell necroptosis in vitro by ROS overproduction and promoting RIP1/RIP3 necrosome formation. Abstract:  Necroptosis is a type of programmed necrosis regulated by receptor interacting protein kinase 1 (RIP1) and RIP3. Necroptosis is found to be accompanied by an overproduction of reactive oxygen species (ROS), but the role of ROS in regulation of necroptosis remains elusive. In this study, we investigated how shikonin, a necroptosis inducer for cancer cells, regulated the signaling leading to necroptosis in glinoma cells in vitro. Treatment with shikonin (2-10mol/L) dose-dependently triggered necrosis and induced overproduction of intracellular ROS in rat C6 and human SHG-44, U87 and U251 glioma cell lines. Moreover, shikonin treatment dose-dependently upregulated the levels of RIP1 and RIP3 and reinforced their interaction in the glioma cells. Pretreatment with the specific RIP1 inhibitor Nec-1 (100 mol/L) or the specific RIP3 inhibitor GSK-872 (5 mol/L) not only prevented shikonin-induced glioma cell necrosis but also significantly mitigated the levels of intracellular ROS and mitochondrial superoxide. Mitigation of ROS with MnTBAP (40 mol/L), which was a cleaner of mitochondrial superoxide, attenuated shikonin-induced glioma cell necrosis, whereas increasing ROS levels with rotenone, which improved the mitochondrial generation of superoxide, significantly augmented shikonin-caused glioma cell necrosis. Furthermore, pretreatment with MnTBAP prevented the shikonin-induced upregulation of RIP1 and RIP3 expression and their interaction while pretreatment with rotenone reinforced these effects. These findings suggest that ROS is not only an executioner of shikonin-induced glioma cell necrosis but also a regulator of RIP1 and RIP3expression and necrosome assembly.

read more

17:41

Shikonin reduces tamoxifen resistance of MCF-7R breast cancer cells. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Oncotarget. 2017 Oct 24 ;8(51):88658-88669. Epub 2017 Sep 11. PMID: 29179465 Abstract Title:  Shikonin reduces tamoxifen resistance through long non-coding RNA uc.57. Abstract:  Tamoxifen resistance is a serious problem in the endocrine therapy of breast cancer. Long non-coding RNAs play important roles in tumor development. In this study, we revealed the involvement of lncRNA uc.57 and its downstream gene BCL11A in TAM resistance. Tamoxifen-resistant MCF-7R cells showed lower expression of uc.57 and higher expression of BCL11A mRNA and protein than the parental MCF-7 cells. Moreover, levels of uc.57 mRNA were lower and BCL11A mRNA were higher in breast cancer tissues than in precancerous breast tissues. Shikonin treatment reduced tamoxifen resistance in MCF-7R cells both in vitro and in vivo, targeting uc.57/BCL11A. Fluorescence in situ hybridization and RNA immunoprecipitation analyses showed that uc.57 binds to BCL11A. Uc.57 overexpression downregulated BCL11A and reduced tamoxifen resistance in MCF-7R cells both in vitro and in vivo. BCL11A knockdown also reduced tamoxifen resistance by inhibiting PI3K/AKT and MAPK signaling pathways. It thus appears shikonin reduces tamoxifen resistance of MCF-7R breast cancer cells by inducing uc.57, which downregulates BCL11A to inhibit PI3K/AKT and MAPK signaling pathways.

read more

17:37

Philippine Regulators Push For Unified Rules on Bitcoin Investments "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Philippine Regulators Push For Unified Rules on Bitcoin Investments appeared first on CCN

Philippine regulators are pushing for a unified rule on cryptocurrencies like bitcoin when used as investments. The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) said it would coordinate with market regulator Securities and Exchange Commission to draft rules if bitcoins will be used as a platform for investments in the country, reports GMA Network. BSP Deputy Governor Continued

The post Philippine Regulators Push For Unified Rules on Bitcoin Investments appeared first on CCN

17:35

Bitcoin dot com co-founder sells his useless Bitcoins "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

When most people are looking at ways to try and buy them some will inevitably see the downside of virtual currencies and want to shift their stash. Swedish co-founder of Bitcoin.com, Emil Oldenburg, claims that Bitcoin is as good as useless and has no future as a tradeable currency.

The website is one of the oldest and most established crypto currency resources which has grown extremely profitable this year with the explosion in popularity of crypto trading. In an interview with Swedish media co-founder and CTO Oldenburg said:

I would say an investment in bitcoin is right now the riskiest investment you can make. Theres an extremely high risk,

We would expect this stance from politicians or Wall Street bankers but not from an industry insider. There is a good reason that he has decided to denigrate the digital currency and that is because he has sold all of his Bitcoins and switched to Bitcoin Cash. BCH forked from the original BTC chain in August and has shown steady gains ever since on its own blockchain.

The main reason for this change is high transaction costs and lead times. When the network is under high demand, which has been a few times recently, it can take several hours to carry out a Bitcoin transaction. Some websites have reported that transaction fees have reached as high as $26 recently, which is as much as a regular bank would sting you for an international transfer.

The limited block size on the BTC chain imposes a limit on the number of physical transactions that can be made and this bottleneck makes it a highly illiquid digital currency. People will only realize this risk when they decide to hold or trade them, many are still hodling and dreaming about Lambos. According to Oldenburg;

the old bitcoin network is as good as unusable. As soon as people realize that this is how it works, they will start to sell,

He went on to refer to the old Bitcoin network being run by fanatical bitcoin talibans that want things this way.

They see bitcoin as a digital gold and a technical experiment, as opposed to something you can actually use.

Bitcoin Cash has a bigger block size of 8Mb compared to 1Mb on Bitcoin, which leads lower transaction fees and faster transfer times. BCH has recently broken an all-time high of $2,353 and is up 27% in the past 24 hours.

17:33

Shikonin protects against D-Galactosamine and lipopolysaccharide-induced acute hepatic injury. "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

PMID:  Oncotarget. 2017 Oct 31 ;8(53):91542-91550. Epub 2017 Sep 16. PMID: 29207664 Abstract Title:  Shikonin protects against D-Galactosamine and lipopolysaccharide-induced acute hepatic injury by inhibiting TLR4 signaling pathway. Abstract:  Shikonin, a naphthoquinone isolated from the root of medical herb Lithospermum erythrorhizon, has been reported to have anti-inflammatory effect. However, there is no related research for the treatment of shikonin on hepaic injury. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of shikonin on D-Galactosamine and Lipopolysaccharide-induced hepatic injury in mice. Male BALB/c mice were pretreated with shikonin 1 h before LPS/D-GalN treatment. The pathological changes of hepatic injury were detected by H&E staining. The levels of TNF- and IL-1 in hepatic tissues were detected by ELISA. The levels of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) were also measured in this study. In addition, the expression of TLR4 and NF-B were determined by western blot analysis. These results suggest that shikonin effectively prevents LPS/D-GalN-induced liver injury by inhibiting AST and ALT levels, as well as inflammatory cytokines TNF- and IL-1 production. The expression of TLR4 and NF-B activation induced by LPS/D-GalN were also inhibited by treatment of shikonin. In vitro, shikonin significantly inhibited LPS-induced TNF- and IL-1 production, as well as TLR4 expression and NF-B activation. In conclusion, the results of the present study suggest that shikonin attenuates LPS/D-GalN-induced hepatic injury by inhibiting TLR4 signaling pathway.

read more

17:30

Ripple Price Technical Analysis XRP/USD Consolidating above $0.6800 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Highlights

• Ripple price is trading in a range above the $0.6800 support area against the US Dollar.
  • This is a short-term bearish trend line forming with resistance at $0.7400 on the hourly chart of the XRP/USD pair (data source from Kraken).
  • The pair might move higher in the near term, but it could face sellers near $0.7400 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.

Ripple price is consolidating against the US Dollar and Bitcoin. XRP/USD has to move above $0.7500 to gain traction in the near term.

Ripple Price Support

After a major upside move, Ripple price started a correction and moved below $0.7000 against the US Dollar. However, the price found support at $0.6800 and later started trading in a range. There were a couple of swing moves and the price recently retested the $0.6600-0.6800 support area. It is currently moving higher and it recently traded above the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $0.8405 high to $0.6777 low.

There are many minor resistances on the upside, including $0.7400 and $0.7500. There is also a short-term bearish trend line forming with resistance at $0.7400 on the hourly chart of the XRP/USD pair. Below the trend line at $0.7500, the 100 hourly simple moving average may also act as a strong resistance. Moreover, the 50% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $0.8405 high to $0.6777 low is at $0.7600 to stop the upside move.

Ripple Price Technical Analysis XRP USD

Therefore, it seems like the $0.7400-0.7600 region is a good short-term resistance zone. XRP has to move above the $0.7600 level to move back in the bullish zone. Above $0.7600, the price could trade towards the $0.8400 level in the near term.

Hourly MACD The MACD for XRP/USD is currently in the bearish zone.

Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) The RSI for XRP/USD is currently well below the 50 level, and is heading lower.

Major Support Level $0.6800

Major Resistance Level $0.7600...

17:29

17 Fascinating Facts About the Human Brain That Prove You Can Do Anything "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Your brain acts as the command center for your entire body, controlling what you do, how you act and react, and the very way you function from day to day. Weighing less than 4 lbs, it is incredible to think that there are approximately 86 billion nerve cells all found in that one small location. We rely so heavily on our brains in our day to day lives, but how much do we really know about it? Do you understand how your brain works, or what you can do to optimize its overall health and performance?

Source: aytuguluturk | Pixabay

Check out these 17 incredible facts, revealing fascinating secrets about how our brains work:

#1 If you travel regularly be cautioned, experts have found that frequently experiencing jet lag can damage your memory long-term. When you are in the exhausted state known as jet lag your body releases stress hormones which have been associated with damage to the temporal lobe and memory after prolonged and/or repeated exposure.

#2 While our brain works hard to distinguish between fact and fiction there are times that this line becomes foggy. At these times the human brain can become confused as to what is real and what is merely a fantasy. This is why placebos can be so effective in treating various ailments.

#3 The practice of forgetting is as important, or even more important than the act of remembering, yet many of us fail to actively do so. We falsely believe that we will simply forget memories that are not accessed over time, however, research suggests that this isnt the case, which is the basis of disorders like PTSD.

#4 If you want to help encourage better brain development in children, encourage them not only to read but to read aloud. The action of reading and talking aloud has been associated with a higher rate of development than simply reading the written wor...

17:28

Barack Obama losing it during his first White House Christmas address will make your day better "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Two things about this. One, itll make you forget about Trump, if only for a bit. And two and not exactly the first person to say this but wow, the presidency really did age him didnt it?

Source

The post Barack Obama losing it during his first White House Christmas address will make your day better appeared first on The Poke.

17:25

Shikonin inhibits myeloid differentiation protein-2 to prevent lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Br J Pharmacol. 2017 Dec 15. Epub 2017 Dec 15. PMID: 29243243 Abstract Title:  Shikonin inhibits myeloid differentiation protein-2 to prevent lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury. Abstract:  BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Acute lung injury (ALI) is a challenging clinical syndrome which manifests as an acute inflammatory response. Myeloid differentiation protein 2 (MD2) has an important role in mediating lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammation. Currently, there are no effective molecular-based therapies for ALI or viable biomarkers for predicting the severity of disease. Recent preclinical studies have shown that shikonin (SHI), a natural naphthoquinone, prevents LPS-inflammation. However, little is known about the underlying mechanisms.EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH: The binding affinity of SHI to MD2 was analyzed using computer docking, surface plasmon resonance analysis and ELISA. In vitro, the anti-inflammatory effect and mechanism of SHI were investigated through ELISA, RT-qPCR, Western blotting and immunoprecipitation assay. In vivo, lung injury was induced by intratracheal administration of LPS and assessed by the change of histopathological and inflammatory markers. The underlying mechanisms were investigated by immunoprecipitation in lung tissue.KEY RESULTS: We discovered that SHI directly binds to MD2 and interferes with the activation of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) by LPS. In cultured macrophages, SHI inhibited TLR4 signaling and proinflammatory cytokine production. These effects were produced through suppression of key signaling proteins including the nuclear factor-B and the mitogen activated protein kinase pathway. We also show that SHI inhibits MD2-TLR4 complex formation, and reduces LPS-induced inflammatory responses in a mouse model of ALI.CONCLUSIONS AND IMPLICATIONS: Our studies have uncovered the mechanism underlying the biological activity of SHI in ALI and suggest that targeting of MD2 may prove to be beneficial as a treatment option.

read more

17:23

Beach Town Tourist Overwhelmed By Choices At Local Takeaway Shop "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact Im looking at the works burger, he said. With chips and few calamari rings. And a potato scallop. Oh wait, I didnt see the beef and black bean roll. Vince Greenpoint of Betoota Grove, arrived in Mooloolaba earlier this week for nine days of switch off with his young family. []

The post Beach Town Tourist Overwhelmed By Choices At Local Takeaway Shop appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

17:13

Tracheal smooth muscle relaxant effects of C. longa were comparable to those of theophylline. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Pharm Biol. 2017 Dec ;55(1):2248-2258. PMID: 29169285 Abstract Title:  Relaxant effect of Curcuma longa on rat tracheal smooth muscle and its possible mechanisms. Abstract:  CONTEXT: Turmeric is a spice obtained from the root of Curcuma longa L. (Zingiberaceae) with anti-aging, anticancer, anti-Alzheimer's disease, antioxidant and other medicinal properties.OBJECTIVE: The relaxant effect of C. longa on rat tracheal smooth muscle and its possible mechanisms were investigated in this study.MATERIALS AND METHODS: The relaxant effects of four cumulative concentrations of hydro-ethanol extract of C. longa (6.25, 12.5, 25, 50mg/mL) were studied on tracheal smooth muscle precontracted by methacholine or KCl in non-incubated or incubated with different substances including propranolol, diltiazem, L-NAME, glibenclamide, atropine, chlorpheniramine, indomethacin and papaverine. The duration of the study was 84days.RESULTS: In non-incubated tracheal smooth muscle, the extract of C. longa showed significant concentration-dependent relaxant effects (p

read more

17:01

How To Get Bitcoin In Your Stock Portfolio "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

This report is an ADVERTISEMENT from Oilprice.com

bitcoin-onfire

2017 has undoubtedly been the year of bitcoin, breaking $1000 dollars on New Years Day before rocketing up to $15000 in early December. Thats a return of 1500 percent!

And as market fascination grows, investors are beginning to understand the real secret behind bitcoins success the blockchain.

Blockchain is transforming markets with bitcoin, but that is only the beginning it could soon change the world.

To understand how, you must first understand that blockchain is a technological platform and there are nearly no limits to what you can build on it.

Where we used to have hard currencies, well now have cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, using blockchain technology. Where we used to have asset exchanges, we now have cryptocurrency exchange Binance.

Where we used to have Microsoft Windows, blockchain has been used to create an entirely new platform. You may have heard of it: Ethereum.  It rose 5,415 percent in 2017.

Put simply, blockchain is the technology upon which future networks will be built and unlike our current systems, investors can gain partial ownership of these networks and reap the financial rewards!

Bitcoin may have risen 1500 percent this year, but it still only makes up $280 billion of the total $90 trillion of money that exists. A measly 0.3 percent of money, and thats before considering the $544 trillion derivative markets.

Binance is one of the fastest growing blockchain based exchanges in the world with a market cap of $280 million and investors holding Binance Coin are receiving financial reward as the exchange grows. Can you imagine the New York Stock Exchange handing you part of its $21 trillion market cap?

Ethereum has risen from $8 to $460 in 2017, and was used for the first time this year to buy a house via its smart contract technology. It is an operating system for blockchain, and while Microsoft Windows is the operating system for 80 percent of laptops and desktops in the world investors wont see a cent of that revenue.

Ancient Egyptians in the Grand Canyon Another Smithsonian Cover-up "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

One of the most intriguing archaeological discoveries in America comes from the rocky cliffs of the Grand Canyon.

What makes it even more interesting is the fact that the Smithsonian itself covered it up and hid this mysterious discovery of an ancient civilization living below the canyon.

The World Explorers Club led an investigation regarding the authenticity of this discovery after they found an intricate story on the front page of the Phoenix Gazette from April 5, 1909.

It was an accurate description of an expedition led by Professor S.A. Jordan of the Smithsonian, surfacing with great archaeological finds from a remote cave in the Grand Canyon.

Read Entire Article

How To Get Bitcoin In Your Stock Portfolio "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

bitcoin-onfire

2017 has undoubtedly been the year of bitcoin, breaking $1000 dollars on New Years Day before rocketing up to $15000 in early December. Thats a return of 1500 percent!

And as market fascination grows, investors are beginning to understand the real secret behind bitcoins success the blockchain.

Blockchain is transforming markets with bitcoin, but that is only the beginning it could soon change the world.

To understand how, you must first understand that blockchain is a technological platform and there are nearly no limits to what you can build on it.

Where we used to have hard currencies, well now have cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, using blockchain technology. Where we used to have asset exchanges, we now have cryptocurrency exchange Binance.

Where we used to have Microsoft Windows, blockchain has been used to create an entirely new platform. You may have heard of it: Ethereum.  It rose 5,415 percent in 2017.

Put simply, blockchain is the technology upon which future networks will be built and unlike our current systems, investors can gain partial ownership of these networks and reap the financial rewards!

Bitcoin may have risen 1500 percent this year, but it still only makes up $280 billion of the total $90 trillion of money that exists. A measly 0.3 percent of money, and thats before considering the $544 trillion derivative markets.

Binance is one of the fastest growing blockchain based exchanges in the world with a market cap of $280 million and investors holding Binance Coin are receiving financial reward as the exchange grows. Can you imagine the New York Stock Exchange handing you part of its $21 trillion market cap?

Ethereum has risen from $8 to $460 in 2017, and was used for the first time this year to buy a house via its smart contract technology. It is an operating system for blockchain, and while Microsoft Windows is the operating system for 80 percent of laptops and desktops in the world investors wont see a cent of that revenue.

These are just three examples out of hundreds that show how you can own a piece of this technolog......

17:01

How To Get Bitcoin In Your Stock Portfolio "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

bitcoin-price2

These are just three examples out of hundreds that show how you...

17:00

BitMEX Review Is it a Legit Bitcoin Margin Trading Exchange? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post BitMEX Review Is it a Legit Bitcoin Margin Trading Exchange? appeared first on 99 Bitcoins.

Bitcoin Mercantile Exchange, or BitMEX, is a trading platform created by a selection of finance, trading, and web-development experts. Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed launched the exchange in 2014 under their company HDR (Hayes, Delo, Reed) Global Trading Ltd. BitMEX offers a margin-trading service for experienced, professional Bitcoin traders. Up to 100x leverage is [...]

17:00

Are You Ready for the Darkest Day of the Year? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

Wintertime is commonly a time when darker moods tend to creep in; a phenomenon linked to a decline in sunlight. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) affects an estimated 6 percent of the U.S. population, while a milder form, known as the "winter blues," affects about 14 percent.1 As noted in the Evening Standard:2

"According to the DSM [diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders], people who have SAD are excessively fatigued, lose interest in their hobbies, tend to crave more starches and sweets, may gain seasonal weight, and have difficulty concentrating during darker months."

That said, longer, darker days tend to influence the behavior of most people, even if you don't feel outright depressed and depleted. This is because your health and mood are actually intricately tied to exposure to sunlight, even irrespective of vitamin D. For example, your serotonin levels (a hormone associated with mood elevation) rise when you're exposed to bright light.

Your melatonin level also inversely rises and falls with light and darkness. When it's dark, your melatonin levels increase, which is why you may feel tired when the sun starts to set (and in the heart of winter, this may be at as early as 4 p.m.). Full-spectrum light therapy, which mimics the natural light from the sun, has been shown to be effective remedy for SAD, and may even be preferable for major depression.

Vitamin D3 supplementation can also be quite helpful for depression and/or the winter blues if you're vitamin D deficient, which a vast majority are at this time of year. Research shows having a vitamin D level below 20 nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL) may raise your risk for depression by as much as 85 percent, compared to having a vitamin D level greater than 30 ng/mL.

Have You Checked Your Vitamin D Level Yet?

My recommendation is to get your vitamin D level tested twice a year, when your level is likely to be at its lowest (midwinter) and highest (midsummer). This is particularly important if you're pregnant or p...

Blood Pressure Treatment Linked to More Disease "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

What you eat and drink, how much exercise you get and even how you breathe every day has a compound effect on your overall health. Making even small changes to your lifestyle can pay big dividends in the coming months and years. The same is true of the small decisions you make that aren't healthy. One soda in your lifetime doesn't have an effect, whereas several sodas a week have a significantly detrimental effect.

The choices you make also affect your blood pressure measurements, and therefore your potential risk for heart disease and stroke. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 1 in 3 American adults, or 75 million people, have high blood pressure.1 The total cost associated with treatment is over $46 billion in hospitalizations, medications and missed days at work.

A recent announcement by the American Heart Association (AHA) concerning guidelines for diagnosis of high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, could mean that nearly half of Americans may be classified with high blood pressure.2 Treatment for hypertension often involves a prescription that may raise your risk of cancer.3 

Common Hypertension Medication May Increase Your Risk of Cancer

A recent Danish study, in collaboration with Florida State University, found that one of the most popular drugs used worldwide to treat high blood pressure raises your risk of skin cancer seven times. The findings were published in the Journal of the American Association of Dermatology4 by researchers who had previously found a link between the drug hydrochlorothiazide and lip cancer.

In this study, they demonstrated an association between the medication and squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas, forms of less invasive skin cancer.5

The researchers have also looked at other antihypertensive medications but have not found an association between those and skin cancer.6 Anton Pottegard, Ph.D., associate professor from the Uni...

Mammograms Are a Tragic Lie "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

There are a significant number of drawbacks to having consistent mammograms. Although your doctor may say that having a mammogram may reduce your risk of dying by 20 percent,1 you'd be surprised by how that percentage is calculated. As explained by Dr. Andrew Lazris and environmental scientist Erik Rifkin, Ph.D., for every 1,000 women who do not get mammograms, 5 will die from breast cancer. For every 1,000 women who do get regular mammograms, 4 will die.

The difference between those two groups is 20 percent, or the one person whose life is saved by getting a mammogram. Now, a new study from the Netherlands demonstrates that no matter how this number was calculated, it is likely not accurate.2 What's worse, the reverse side of the equation is that more women are actually harmed by the procedure or undergo unnecessary treatment as a result of false positives.

Mammograms Are Not Saving Lives

The study analyzed the reason fewer women are dying from breast cancer in the Netherlands after an aggressive screening program was instituted in 1989, including regular mammograms.3 Screening programs make the assumption that early detection is easier to treat and will result in better outcomes. Participants in the study were Dutch women who were screened every other year between 1989 and 2012. Nearly 8 million women were included in the data analysis.

The research was led by Dr. Philippe Autier from the University of Strathclyde Institute of Public Health. The intention was to determine if regular screening with a mammogram would affect the number of advanced cases of breast cancers detected and the number of deaths from the disease.4

In a previous study, in which the researchers used some of the same data, they found a decrease in the incidence of some advanced breast cancers that indicated the use of widespread mammography had been effective in reducing the number of deaths and improving early treatment. However, when the researchers expanded the analysis of the data, they failed to find the same reduction. During the period of the featured study, there had been no significant decrease in the extent of diagnosis of stage 2 to stage 4...

16:59

Theophylline increases the expression and activity of HDAC and improves steroid sensitivity thereby decreases oxidative stress. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Int J Pharm Investig. 2017 Jul-Sep;7(3):119-124. PMID: 29184823 Abstract Title:  A prospective randomized controlled study: Theophylline on oxidative stress and steroid sensitivity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients. Abstract:  Objective: Oxidative stress is involved in the pathogenesis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Corticosteroid fails to suppress inflammation and oxidative stress due to steroid resistance. Theophylline has an effect on histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity and improves steroid sensitivity in COPD. Given changes in oxidative stress associated with diminished corticosteroid effects, a clinical study in which antioxidants and free radicals are estimated can suggest a correlation between antioxidants, theophylline, and corticosteroid sensitivity.Materials and Methods: A randomized controlled study was conducted in 60 participants divided into 4 groups: Group I (controls) - 15 normal healthy volunteers, Group II - COPD patients who received theophylline 300 mg + salbutamol 8 mg, Group III - patients who inhaled budesonide 400g + salbutamol 8 mg, and Group IV - theophylline 300 mg + inhaled budesonide 400 g + salbutamol 8 mg 12 weeks. Blood samples were collected at the time of diagnosis and at 4-week interval for 3 months from all the groups and antioxidant parameters, spirometric % forced expiratory volume in 1 s (FEV1) were measured.Results: The mean difference between groups was analyzed using one-way ANOVA. There was a significant increase in antioxidant enzymes such as catalase, glutathione (GSH) serum transferase, (P

read more

16:48

Bitcoin Cash Jumps 70% as Coinbase and Gdax Announce Immediate Trading "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin Cash Jumps 57% as Coinbase and Gdax Announce Immediate Trading

Retail and professional cryptocurrency traders can now trade Bitcoin Cash (BCH) on two of the worlds most popular exchanges, Coinbase and Gdax. News of the announcements sent the BCH price to over 3,700 USD as of this writing.

Also read: Tezos Foundation Board Member Quits

Bitcoin Cash Jumps 57% as Coinbase and Gdax Announce Immediate Trading

Bitcoin Cash is Trading on Coinbase Immediately

Were excited to announce that customers will be able to buy, sell, send and receive Bitcoin Cash on Coinbase, came word from the Coinbase blog. BCH is quickly becoming the micropayment alternative to bitcoin core (BTC), and as of this writing is the number three cryptocurrency by market cap at just over 58 billion USD. Its price in the last 24 hours has surged over 70 percent.

Sends and receives are available immediately, the exchange urged....

16:46

MoxyOne is Offering Debit Cards and Payment Infrastructure for Every Company or ICO that Issues Cryptocurrencies "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Growing interest in cryptocurrencies has seen a massive influx of new ICOs that are changing the world as we know it. These valuable projects are however, being let down by the lack of a financial infrastructure. Their company issued cryptocurrencies are not easily spendable by their token holders and are often left waiting for a way to use their cryptocurrencies.

MoxyOne is here to supercharge the crypto economy by giving every ICO an opportunity to have their own crypto-payment system. By white labelling MoxyOnes financial infrastructure, companies can let their users spend their created cryptocurrencies. They can do so by becoming a partner and have the benefit of easily integrating MoxyOnes infrastructure rather than developing an in-house payment system which can be a lengthy and expensive exercise.

At present, token holders are only able to utilise the tokens they hold to trade with and make quick profits. But now they will have more avenues to maximise their investment. In addition, they will be able to utilise their tokens not just on a companys platform but also out in the real world. They can make everyday purchases such as buying groceries and paying bills. By allowing cryptocurrencies to become spendable, MoxyOne will be creating demand for these tokens which will make them more valuable. This will benefit not just companies but every token holder as the value of their tokens will continue to grow with use over time.

MoxyOne not only offers a white labelling service for companies, it will also have its own debit card and wallet system for its token holders (SPEND). The first question every token issuing company has asked is why do you need to have your own cryptocurrency? For MoxyOne, SPEND tokens will be the fuel for its system. Apart from being tokens that are spendable in the real world, they will also be used as platform fees (incurred by individual transactions). This makes SPEND tokens extremely valuable for its holders as they will be in constant circulation. Additionally, SPEND tokens will only have a hard cap supply of 50 Million. This means no new tokens will ever be created and because scarcity drives value, every SPEND token becomes a valuable asset for its owner.

MoxyOne already has an exchange partnership with Cryptopia, meaning SPEND will be listed there as soon as the token sale ends. Other exchanges (such as EtherDelta and other free or pay-to-play exchanges) will be listed in the near future with MoxyOnes competent exchange listing consultant, Rick Kennernecht leading the helm. MoxyOne has already secured an exciting partnership with the ever popular Social (SCL) which is a Decentralised Social Networking Platform. They will be the first white label partner to offer its token holders a Social deb...

16:44

Sam Moskowitz (Hall) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Sam Moskowitz: A Bibliography and Guide (2017), by Halbert W. Hall, contrib. by Alistair Durie and Jon David Swartz (PDF at tamu.edu)

Building the American Highway System (Seely) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Building the American Highway System: Engineers as Policy Makers (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, c1987), by Bruce Edsall Seely (multiple formats at ACLS Humanities E-Book)

Music, Ritual, and Falasha History (Shelemay) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Music, Ritual, and Falasha History (East Lansing, MI: Michigan State University Press, 1989), by Kay Kaufman Shelemay (multiple formats at ACLS Humanities E-Book)

The Merchant of Art (Slyomovics) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Merchant of Art: An Egyptian Hilali Oral Epic Poet in Performance (Berkeley et al.: University of California Press, c1987), by Susan Slyomovics (multiple formats at ACLS Humanities E-Book)

The Electric City (Platt) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Electric City: Energy and the Growth of the Chicago Area, 1880-1930 (Chicago and London: University of Chicago Press, c1991), by Harold L. Platt (multiple formats at ACLS Humanities E-Book)

Selenarkia, or, The Government of the World in the Moon (Cyrano de Bergerac) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Selenarkia, or, The Government of the World in the Moon: A Comical History (London: Printed by J. Cottrel, 1659), by Cyrano de Bergerac, trans. by Thomas St. Serfe (stable link)

The Pacific Monthly (Wells) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Pacific Monthly, ed. by William Bittle Wells and Lute Pease (partial serial archives)

Vogue "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Vogue (partial serial archives)

The Cry for Justice (Sinclair) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Cry for Justice: An Anthology of the Literature of Social Protest (Philadelphia: J. C. Winston Co., 1915), ed. by Upton Sinclair (HTML at Bartleby)

The Miraculous Birth of King Amon-Hotep III, and Other Egyptian Studies (Campbell) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Miraculous Birth of King Amon-Hotep III, and Other Egyptian Studies (Edinburgh and London: Oliver and Boyd, 1912), by Colin Campbell (stable link)

My Life in Prison (Lowrie) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

My Life in Prison (New York and London: Mitchell Kennerley, 1912), by Donald Lowrie (multiple formats at archive.org)

Black Roadways (Beckwith) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Black Roadways: A Study of Jamaican Folk Life (Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina Press, 1929), by Martha Warren Beckwith (page images at HathiTrust)

Annals of the Worshipful Company of Joiners of the City of London (Phillips) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Annals of the Worshipful Company of Joiners of the City of London: Extracted From Original Documents, Minute Books, and Renter Warden's Accounts, Etc., From A.D. 1237-1850, Together With a Chronological List of the Feoffees of the Company from A.D. 1497-1885 and an Alphabetical List of the Livery from A.D. 1496-1914, With the Dates of Their Livery (London, Privately printed, 1915), by Henry Laverock Phillips (page images at HathiTrust; US access only)

The Lives of Helen Jewett and Richard P. Robinson (Wilkes) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Lives of Helen Jewett and Richard P. Robinson (ca. 1849), by George Wilkes and H. R. Howard (page images at HathiTrust)

A Visitation of the County of Suffolk, Begun Anno Dni. 1664 and Finished Anno Dni. 1668 (Bysshe) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

A Visitation of the County of Suffolk, Begun Anno Dni. 1664 and Finished Anno Dni. 1668 (London: The Harleian Society, 1910), by Edward Bysshe, ed. by W. Harry Rylands (page images at HathiTrust)

Community Development Block Grant Program (United States. Office of Community Planning and Development) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Community Development Block Grant Program: Guide to National Objectives and Eligible Activities for Entitlement Communities (updated edition, 1998), by United States Office of Community Planning and Development (page images at HathiTrust)

Post-Ottoman Coexistence (Bryant) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Post-Ottoman Coexistence: Sharing Space in the Shadow of Conflict (New York and Oxford, UK: Berghahn Books,c 2016), ed. by Rebecca Bryant (stable link)

16:33

Bought a new Smoker "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I've been reading a thread on another forum about smoked cheese and it got me thinking. I've been wanting a smoker for some time so I finally bought one.
When I bought a new barbecue grill about five years ago I cheaped out and just bought a regular charcoal grill. It would have cost another hundred dollars for a grill/smoker combo so I've had some regret that I didn't go for the extra money.

At any rate I found this model that uses charcoal and went ahead and bought it yesterday. It should...

Bought a new Smoker

16:08

These findings show that lutein and zeaxanthin influence white matter integrity, particularly in regions vulnerable to age-related decline. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2017 Nov 17:1-14. Epub 2017 Nov 17. PMID: 29161349 Abstract Title:  Relation of Retinal and Serum Lutein and Zeaxanthin to White Matter Integrity in Older Adults: A Diffusion Tensor Imaging Study. Abstract:  Objective: Lutein (L) and zeaxanthin (Z) are phytonutrients that accumulate in human brain tissue and positively impact cognition. Given their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and their role in stabilizing cell membranes, L&Z may relate to measures of white matter integrity (WMI).Method: The current study tested the relation of retinal (macular pigment optical density/MPOD) and blood serum concentrations of L&Z to WMI in community-dwelling older adults (n = 54) using diffusion tensor imaging (DTI). Younger adults (n = 38) were recruited as a control group to confirm age-related changes in WMI. A priori analyses focused on four regions of interest (ROIs-genu of the corpus callosum, cingulum, fornix, and uncinate fasciculus). Exploratory whole-brain analyses were also conducted.Results: Consistent with previous literature, age group (young vs. old) negatively predicted WMI globally, in the genu, cingulum, and fornix (p

read more

16:06

Townsville Girl Living In Sydney Asks Office If They Can Go Easy On The Air Con "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT A seasoned North Queenslander living in Sydney is completely puzzled by her colleagues kneejerk response to a bit of plus thirty heat. As was reported by the Bureau Of Metereology this morning, Olympic Park was at 35.5 degrees, Penrith 35 degrees and the inner city, Richmond and Terrey Hills at 34 before 9 []

The post Townsville Girl Living In Sydney Asks Office If They Can Go Easy On The Air Con appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

16:05

My Side "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Shostakovich soundtrack to forgotten dreams
how Chekhov knows our time these Russians
not our enemy they know life deeply in a way
we'll never understand without them think of
Tolstoy Dostoevski Turgenev Pushkin Gogol
to mention a few I want always on my side

16:00

The Golden Rings Of The New Creation And The New Matrix Of Grace "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Sanna, Guest writer, In5D.com The merge of the Golden fire rings of The new creation. One late evening, laying in bed prepared to go to sleep, I had a very grand experience. This happened about a month ago, just after the new moon in October. I saw these two huge golden fire rings coming []

The post The Golden Rings Of The New Creation And The New Matrix Of Grace appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

Ethereum Price Technical Analysis ETH/USD Dips and Rips Higher "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Highlights

• ETH price corrected sharply lower after trading to a new high at $864.53 against the US Dollar.
  • A bullish trend line with current support at $715 acted as a buy zone on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via SimpleFX).
  • The pair is currently moving higher and is attempting an upside break above $800.

Ethereum price is placed nicely in the bullish zone against the US Dollar and Bitcoin. ETH/USD may soon break $800-805 once again for more gains.

Ethereum Price Support

There were heavy swing moves in ETH price recently above $700 against the US Dollar. The price gained solid momentum, moved above the $800 level and traded to a new high at $864.53. Later, the price failed to retain momentum and started a downside below $800. There was a sharp downside reaction and the price broke the $750 and $720 support levels as well. The decline was nasty and the price finally found support around $700 and the 100 hourly simple moving average.

Moreover, a bullish trend line with current support at $715 acted as a buy zone on the hourly chart of ETH/USD. The pair is now moving back higher and it currently above the 50% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $864 high to $702 low. However, there is a bearish trend line on the same chart with resistance at $805-810. ETH buyers need to break the $810 resistance to push the price back in the bullish zone. Moreover, a break above the 61.8% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $864 high to $702 low is needed to a push toward the $850 level.

Ethereum Price Technical Analysis ETH USD

On the downside, the trend line support at $715 is important along with the 100 hourly SMA.

Hourly MACD The MACD has just moved into the bearish zone.

Hourly RSI The RSI is currently attempting an upside break above the 50 level.

Major Support Level $715

Major Resistance Level $810

Charts courtesy ...

Bring on the FUD: 2017 Was The Year Bitcoin Became Anti-Fragile "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

What happened after all the fear, uncertainty and doubt of 2017? Bitcoin became stronger than ever, according to developer Jimmy Song.

Bitcoin and United States Dollar "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

0.00010 BTC = 1.76 USD
1.00 USD = 0.00006 BTC
Converter

15:59

IOTA LIFT OFF: DO YOU BELIEVE IN A MACHINE ECONOMY? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

We were right with our IOTA prediction. Theres an obvious IOTA lift off.

Well, many people believe in IOTA given the more than 10X spike in the last 2 months. NEM is also picking up while we are seeing a slowdown in LTC, DASH and Monero.

NEM SLICES THROUGH $0.93

NEM bulls 4HR chart technical analysisXEMUSD 4HR Chart for December 20, 2017

After yesterday, we can say we were on the right side of the trade as prices ended up rallying. In fact by close, NEM highs had tested $1.12. Thats about $0.32 from where we had placed our buy stops. It was at our resistance if you remember well.

I will be general today. First, following that spike, we shall remain calm and stay humble in our mini victory. Long term trend buyers are late, perhaps buying in the last stage, the 4th wave of the Elliot wave.

Since I dont know what the future prices are, we shall base our swings here on the 4HR chart. The thing is, the 20 period MA has is still reliable and positive sloping meaning buy momentum is still high.

However, we got a little problem with our stochastics. Bears are jumping in. Remember just before December 19 close we had this bearish engulfing candlestick preceded by that inverted hammer which by the way closed above the upper BB resulting in a double bear reversal pattern.

In my opinion, NEM prices could easily retrace back to support at $0.80. Once a buy signal prints at the oversold territory, that is when I might end up buying depending on the then prevailing set up.

DASH MIGHT SLOW DOWN AND TEST $900

DASH bears 4HR chart technical analysisDASHUSD 4HR Chart for December 20, 2017

I was doubtful of this reversal and now you see why. As it is often the case, reliable reversal happen at levels mentioned from December 19 Analysis-around 38.2% and 61.8% or even lower.

If we analyze this rally then you notice that there are no buys to pump prices. Stochastics are even turning lower from deep the overbought territory accompanied by those bear candles.

Look, in the long term we remain bullish. DASH, the project is awesome but for intra-w...

15:55

Bitcoin Glossary: Youve Heard of Crypto Mania Now Say Hello to Cryptophasia "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Stop Confusing Bitcoin Beginners With Your Cryptophasia

To outsiders, cryptocurrency is a strange and bewildering world. Dive into bitcoin Twitter for the first time and youre confronted by an array of confusing acronyms, memes, and jargon tossed around like confetti. Cryptocurrency has its own language, honed through years spent lurking in trollboxes and forums with like-minded geeks. For anyone whos new to bitcoin, the following glossary should come in handy.

Also read: 10 Bitcoin Apps That Everyone Should Have

Stop Confusing Bitcoin Beginners With Your Cryptophasia

Every community has its patois: an esoteric language that makes perfect sense once youre accustomed to it and zero sense up until then. As a tech-driven industry that runs on memes and in-jokes, bitcoin is guiltier than most of flummoxing casual observers. Crypto has developed its own idioglossia an idiosyncratic language spoken only by a few. Theres a better word for this though: cryptophasia. As Wikipedia explains:

15:43

Would you trade your Yaseu 857D for a Yaseu FTDX-1200 straight across? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

i have a friend that wants to trade a 1 year old FTDX-1200 for my 5 year old 857D. He want to run it mobile and I never do.

Thoughts?

15:21

Comparison of the effect of chemical composition of anthocyanin-rich plant extracts on colon cancer cell proliferation. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Food Chem. 2018 Mar 1 ;242:378-388. Epub 2017 Sep 18. PMID: 29037704 Abstract Title:  Comparison of the effect of chemical composition of anthocyanin-rich plant extracts on colon cancer cell proliferation and their potential mechanism of action using in vitro, in silico, and biochemical assays. Abstract:  The objective was to compare the anti-proliferative effect of anthocyanin-rich plant extracts on human colon cancer cells and determine their mechanism of action. Eleven extracts were tested: red (RG) and purple grape, purple sweet potato, purple carrot, black and purple bean, black lentil (BL), black peanut, sorghum (SH), black rice, and blue wheat. HCT-116 and HT-29 inhibition correlated with total phenolics (r=0.87 and 0.77, respectively), delphinidin-3-O-glucoside concentration with HT-29 inhibition (r=0.69). The concentration inhibition fifty (IC50) for BL, SH, RG on HT-29 and HCT-116 cell proliferation ranged 0.9-2.0mg/mL. Extracts decreased expression of anti-apoptotic proteins (survivin, cIAP-2, XIAP), induced apoptosis, and arrested cells in G1. Anthocyanins exhibited tyrosine kinase inhibitory potential in silico and biochemically; cyanidin-3-O-glucoside had one of the highest binding affinities with all kinases, especially ABL1 (-8.5kcal/mol). Cyanidin-3-O-glucoside and delphinidin-3-O-glucoside inhibited EGFR (IC50=0.10 and 2.37M, respectively). Cyanidin-3-O-glucoside was the most potent anthocyanin on kinase inhibition.

read more

15:20

Remote Scalar Energy Healing "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Wow Tom is offering 25 of your friends/family to be able to try this Scalar Healing technology for 15 days.  Not just family, friends and animals too.  See his requests and guidelines here.

https://buy.scalarlight.com/trial/15-dayTomPaladino.html

We first introduced Tom and his technology 2 months ago.  See this previous article.

Scalar Energy for Healing Try it for 15 days Free

15:17

Blockchain, Cryptocurrency Domain Names Hotter Than Ever "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

While many new investors entering into the industry for the first time are focusing on their initial cryptocurrency purchases, there is a digital gold rush taking place with high quality Blockchain domain names.

15:12

Bitcoin Price Technical Analysis for 12/20/2017 Major Correction Ongoing "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin Price Key Highlights

• Bitcoin price embarked on a large correction as predicted in a previous article.
  • Bullish momentum has significantly slowed near the $20,000 barrier, so a pullback is necessary to draw more buyers in.
  • The area of interest near the Fibs and trend line is still holding and could be enough to lead to another leg higher.

Bitcoin price is showing a classic correction to a former resistance level as it waits for more bullish momentum to sustain the climb.

Technical Indicators Signals

The 100 SMA is above the longer-term 200 SMA so the path of least resistance is to the upside. The 100 SMA also appears to be holding as dynamic support just below the ascending trend line and 50% Fib around $16,000.

A larger correction could still test the 61.8% Fib closer to $15,000 and slightly below the area of interest. Stochastic has some room to head south before reaching oversold levels so sellers could stay in the game for a bit longer. Similarly RSI could head a little lower and bitcoin price might follow suit.

Market Factors

The euphoria from the bitcoin futures launch appears to have faded and traders are closing out positions on the lack of new highs. Market watchers are also paying closer attention to other assets, like US equities, that are also surging to new highs.

The tax reform vote has drawn investor interest back in the US stock market as approval before Christmas could mean a huge boost to business activity. Apart from keeping Wall Street in the green, it is also providing support for the dollar against bitcoin price.

Apart from that, the SEC suspension on shares of The Crypto Company due to concerns of stock manipulation has also injected a bit of caution among bitcoin traders. Rival bitcoin cash is also making an ascent, leading some to revive concerns about two separate versions, especially with BitPay and major cryptocurrency storage company Blockchain added support for bitcoin cash.

15:09

RV/INTELLIGENCE ALERT December 19, 2017 "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Multiple cabal attempted false flags have been thwarted by the Alliance this month. Extraterrestrial disclosure has now begun. Expect more disclosure soon. The RV is currently predicted to begin between Continue Reading

Het bericht RV/INTELLIGENCE ALERT December 19, 2017 verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

15:08

Bitcoin Cash Price Technical Analysis BCH/USD Surges Above $3500 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Points

• Bitcoin cash price rocketed higher and moved to a new all-time high above $3700 against the US Dollar.
  • There is a new connecting bullish trend line forming with support at $3000 on the hourly chart of BCH/USD (data feed from Kraken).
  • The pair might move down a bit, but it remains supported around the $3000 handle.

Bitcoin cash price surged higher above $3000 and $3500 against the US Dollar. BCH/USD is now super bullish with more gains possibility above $3500.

Bitcoin Cash Price Uptrend

Yesterday, we discussed how bitcoin cash price could continue to move above the $2000 level against the US Dollar. The price started a solid upside move and broke many resistances on the way up such as $2500, $3000 and $3500. A new all-time high was formed at $3747 and at the moment, the price is correcting lower. On the downside, an initial support is around the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the last leg from the $2000 low to $3747 high.

It seems like downsides could be limited by the $3000 support zone. There is a new connecting bullish trend line forming with support at $3000 on the hourly chart of BCH/USD. The trend line support is close to the 38.2% Fib retracement level of the last leg from the $2000 low to $3747 high. Therefore, any major dips from the current levels are likely to face bids near the $3200 and $3000 levels. A break below $3000 wont be easy since the 50% Fib retracement level of the last leg from the $2000 low to $3747 high is at $2870.

Bitcoin Cash Price Technical Analysis BCH USD

On the upside, the price may soon move above $3500. Should there be more gains above $3500, the price could test the $4000 level.

Hourly MACD The MACD for BCH/USD is strongly placed in the bullish slope.

Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) The RSI for BCH/USD is moving lower toward the 60 level.

Major Support Level $3000

Major Resistance Level $3500

15:06

15:00

How To Exit The Social Media Matrix "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

The internet is one of the biggest blessings we have received on Earth in recent memory. It allows us to connect to people from all over the world, to branch out and learn things that would normally be inaccessible to us in our locale.

However, I notice that logging into social media accounts is so distracting, that hours can be lost without notice. Why is this?

The Problem

Let me start this article with a personal situation that you may resonate with. I am heavily reliant on the internet in my day to day life. I use it to keep up with friends and family, to share information on my blog site, and to stay updated with ongoings in the spiritual community.

Read Entire Article

14:59

Market Mania? Small Cap Stock Explodes on Blockchain Announcement "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Shares of small-cap stock Longfin surged more than 1,300 percent on the news that the company had purchased a cryptocurrency company, Ziddu, fueling market mania buzz. #NEWS

14:50

Why Bitcoin Wont Affect Gold Demand "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Why Bitcoin Wont Affect Gold Demand From Birch Gold Group This week, Your News to Know brings you the latest stories involving gold and the overall economy. Stories include: Bitcoin hasnt taken a bite out of demand for gold, the reason...

The post Why Bitcoin Wont Affect Gold Demand appeared first on The Daily Coin.

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog