IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Sunday, 07 January

01:08

Lactalis to Buy Siggis Icelandic-Style Yogurt "IndyWatch Feed Food"

NEW YORK Family-owned Lactalis has agreed to acquire siggis, the fast-growing U.S. based maker of Icelandic-style skyr yogurt with simple ingredients, not a lot of sugar. Price was not disclosed.

CEO and founder Siggi Hilmarsson will continue to lead the company as a standalone operation from its New York City offices with the existing senior management team. Bart Adlam remains president.

The company pioneered transparency, natural ingredients, and low sugar in the yogurt industry. Siggis outpaced the industry in 2017. Its topline grew 50% in 2017 while yogurt and Greek yogurt sales experienced an overall drop. and it expects to coninue that pace of growth in 2018, Adlam said in a press release.

Last July, Danone divested its organic Stonyfield yogurt in a sale to Lactalis for $875 million.

Hilmarsson started the company with a seed investment from his former professor and started selling at an outdoor market in downtown Manhattan in 2006. He founded siggis using the skyr recipes he grew up on.

The fastest growing yogurt in conventional grocery, siggis is a top 5-selling yogurt brand in many mainstream grocery chains including Stop & Shop, Meijer and Publix and recently became the No. 1 selling yogurt brand overall in Whole Foods Market, the company said.

Were excited to join the Lactalis family which offers the opportunity to further fuel our growth, Hilmarsson said in a press release. Our core values of clean ingredient label and less sugar will remain 100 percent unchanged. Consumers everywhere are actively trying to reduce sugar in their diets so our offering has a global relevance..

We are delighted to welcome siggis to the Lactalis Group, which further expands our yogurt platform in the U.S. with this unique and fast-growing yogurt brand. We look forward to supporting siggis as it continues to bring its retail partners exceptional dollar growth in the yogurt category, said Emmanuel Besnier, President of the Lactalis Group.

Other Lactalis brands include Rachels Organic.

J.P. Morgan Securities LLC acted as exclusive financial advisor and The Giannuzzi Group acted as legal counsel to siggis, and Dentons US LLP acted as legal counsel to the Lactalis Group, on the sale. The acquisition is subject to expiration of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act in the United States

The post Lactalis to Buy Siggis Icelandic-Style Yogurt appeared first on Whole Foods Magazin...

00:50

Environmentalists or is it just me? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

It would seem that most of these environmentalist types are city dwellers, appear to like to dictate what everyone else should be doing. They seem to pretty much go with the flow, the only way you know they are an environmentalist is they tell you so, they used it as an excuse to buy a fancy expensive planet destroying hybrid, eat food I don't consider to be food and don't actually own any of the environment.
It appears that being an environmentalist is more of a spectator sport. Where you...

Environmentalists or is it just me?

00:15

Need help "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Decided to post a little project I've been considering. A few months back I started tinkering with an idea I've had. Picked up a used camper last summer. Heater works great but I need other options as well. Propane will only last so long. When it warms up I'm also going to figure out how to use wood to heat it. I won't put a stove in it for many reasons. The stove will go outside. But that's later.

Solar is what I'm trying to figure out now. It needs to be as light as possible. Easily...

Need help

00:08

Barska scopes, any good? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

At Wally world last night and saw they had Barska scopes. I'm looking for one one to mount on my 22 bolt. Any real world experience with this brand? Reading reviews and they are all over from junk to the best. At $25.00 what can you expect? Thanks for the help.

00:06

Survival Medicine Hour: Cold Weather Issues On The Trail, In The Car, At Home "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Its January, and bitter cold has already engulfed much of North America, with heavy snowfall and high winds causing all sorts of issues that might be hazardous to your health. Nurse Amy and Dr. Bones (Joe Alton MD and Amy Alton ARNP) go over a myriad of cold weather issues like hypothermia, winter car survival if stranded, and more. . We pleased to announce that KYAH in the great state of Utah is now carrying our show on land-based radio!

[... Continue Reading]

00:00

What the Health is Wrong With This Documentary?! "IndyWatch Feed Food"

In recent years, a number of health documentaries have been hitting the airwaves and bringing dietary information (and misinformation!) to the general public. In particular, films promoting veganism and plant-based diets (like Forks Over Knives and Cowspiracy) have gained widespread attention, leaving many viewers questioning whether eating animal products (even nutritious organ meats, seafood, and broth!) is really the way to go.

The most recent addition to that list is What the Health, a documentary that follows Kip Andersen (a filmmaker and self-described recovering hypochondriac) as he investigates the links between diet and our modern disease epidemics and the corporate interests that try to bury those links for the sake of making a profit. Motivated by his own family history of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, Kip interviews a variety of doctors and patients who all offer the same consistent message: ditching animal products and adopting a plant-based diet is key for getting (or staying!) healthy.

If youre already feeling skeptical, good! Like other one true diet documentaries, What the Health cherry-picks most of its information to promote an oversimplified (and in many cases, flat-out wrong) message about diet and human health. Although there are some legitimate points about corporate greed and factory farming that people across the dietary spectrum could agree with (well get to that a bit later!), those highlights are far outweighed by the fearmongering, misinterpretations, logical fallacies, and seriously bad science filling up this 97-minute film. Lets take a closer look at where What the Health gets it wrong (and for the sake of balance, where it occasionally gets it right!).

Processed Meat as a Group 1 Carcinogen: Goodbye Bacon?!

What the Health is Wrong With This Documentary?!

This documentary opens as Kip makes a startling discovery about one of Americas favorite meat categories: he learns that the World Health Organization (WHO) classifies processed meat (including bacon, ham, hotdogs, and sausage) as a Group 1 carcinogen the same category where tobacco and asbestos are. (You might remember all the media fuss that happened in October 2015 when this classification was first announced!) And in case thats not bad enough, he narrates that red meat is classified as a Group 2 c...

Saturday, 06 January

23:56

Where Ya Going....or Are You Already There?! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

[IMG]

Money is in the bank and a non-issue. Where would you be for your permanent getaway. Are you already established at that location, would you permanently move to your BOL, or would you move to your dream BOL? Where would that be (in general) and why would you choose that location?

For myself, I would go back to S. Central Montana...

Where Ya Going....or Are You Already There?!

22:53

GaiaPortal 1-6-18 Soporifics of the Planet are slated "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

This new GaiaPortal as usual has some hidden messages. I did look up the two words, (I chose the definitions I felt fit:

Soporific: something that causes sleep, as a medicine or drug
slated: To schedule or designate

So perhaps those things that are causing sleep of those on this planet are now being covered (slated) so they no longer keep people from seeing the truth.

See what htis for you.

Soporifics of the Planet are slated

Soporifics of the Planet are slated.

Resistant energies are transmuted.

Stars align.

Forms evolve.

Filed under: channeling, new energies Tagged: GaiaPortal ...

22:49

Sewing the Pinch Grip Oven Mitts: New Video Tutorial Released "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

making the pinch grip oven mittsI just wanted to let everyone know that we have published a video tutorial for sewing the Pinch Grip Oven Mitts on our YouTube channel. A lot of people following this project so we wanted to get the video out there as soon as we could. This is a nice and Continue reading

22:39

Being In The Flow: Psychologists and Neuroscientists explain the Phenomenon "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Core Spirit

Spirituality has been making an interesting comeback in recent years, or perhaps an entre into the mainstream, with a new generation of young gurus and spirit junkies making it hip to be spiritual. Many of the lessons draw from religious tradition, yogic philosophy and meditation, and the idea of a greater, or universal, consciousness.

One concept thats been central, now and in some traditions over the millennia, is the idea of getting out of our own way, or giving up control to some higher power/consciousness/energy, whatever that may be. In other words, being in the flow.

But whats really fascinating about this idea is that its not actually specific to spirituality: many people talk of feeling, under the right conditions, like theyre in the flow, as if something greater has taken over and theyre simply letting it happen. Writers, artists, musicians, designers, athletes, and many others have experienced this state of flow, or being in the zone.

So whats actually happening when we find ourselves in the flow? Do we need to understand this from a spiritual perspective, or can we explain it using what we know about human behavior and the human brain? To figure this out, I asked a psychologist and a neuroscientist, both of whom not only have expertise in their own fields, but who also each happen to have extensive knowledge of various philosophies, religions and practices throughout human history.
Read more

22:34

The Uplifting and Healing Power of the Third Eye Kiss "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Self Develop Shop

If you have ever kissed someone on the forehead, then you will know how interestingly intense it is. You would think that something so simple cannot be so emotional, right?

So why is it then?

A kiss on the forehead represents a kiss on the third eye. It is much deeper than most people can realize. It is like kissing the persons soul, in a sense. Other people do not usually touch our foreheads. We have our hands held and so forth but our foreheads are just different.

For those that do not know, the third eye is a space with a higher consciousness. The third eye is also a symbol and a part of who we are. It is usually associated with enlightenment and awareness. It is located in-between our bows. We can open it, as well as close it and it is genuinely there even though you cannot see it.

When lips meet the forehead where our third eye is, we get a sense of awakening being brought from within. The pineal gland (our third eye) is located in the forehead. It is actually a mysterious gland that we know little about, but yet everything at the same time. It only depends on who you are asking.
Read more

22:27

From Memecoin to Billion Dollar Player - Dogecoin Breaks $1 Bln "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Five years after its inception, satirical cryptocurrency Dogecoin has breached the $1 bln market cap. #HYPE

22:23

White Dragon Society (@GeneralMilan) 1-4-17 White Dragon Society Cryptocurrency Portfolio Update (via BenjaminFulford.net) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

For some reason I felt the push to put this out there. It appeared on BenjaminFulford.net, and as I understand it, is written by a member of of the WDS (White Dragon Society), who goes by the Twitter account, @generalmilan.

I have pointed out only a few points that stood out for me, from this rather long article. Those who have interest in cryptos might have some interest in this. I am personally not involved in cryptos (yet) and am pleased to recommend nothing to anyone!

As always in investing, it is important to look for a good entry point, but at the moment the prices of almost all cryptocurrencies are going up, up, up, as capital continues to flow rapidly into the space. Its a firehose of liquidity according to early cryptocurrency investor and hedge fund manager Michael Novogratz.

As almost everyone is now aware, 2017 was a quite a year for cryptocurrency. Bitcoin garnered most of the media attention, especially during its fourth-quarter price surge, as people new to cryptocurrency began hearing about it and buying in for the first time. This prompted a debate of sorts as to whether Bitcoin, or cryptocurrency in general, is a bubble. That debate misses the point cryptocurrency in general is obviously here to stay. It has begun to transform not only finance but all manner of other industries as well, in the same way that the Internet did before it.

22:10

Generac 17,500w "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I was at the big box and saw that there was something kind of unusual on the warranty resale line. It was a generac generator rated for 17,500w load, 22kw surge. That's like 72 amps of 240v power.
I knew that is not something that I see every day and had to ask how much they wanted for it since they offer fairly steep discounts on the turn-ins. All I knew is I was likely going to buy it.
After sales tax it's a $3,000 generator when new. I paid $1,110 it out the door.

It's got a nema 14-50...

Generac 17,500w

22:02

Daily Verse "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.
Acts 14:23 (NIV)

22:01

Dr. Jennifer Bahr: Treating the Whole Person "IndyWatch Feed Health"

This week on MIA Radio, we interview Dr. Jennifer Bahr. Dr Bahr is a passionate advocate for naturopathic approaches to health and wellbeing. She is the founder of Resilience Naturopathic, which was founded with a mission to not only to provide an alternative to those who struggle with mental health conditions but to improve the way mental and behavioural healthcare is delivered in America.

Dr Bahr received her Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, AZ. Prior to that she was an Arabic Translator for the US Government and served 6 years in the US Navy. She received her Bachelor of Science in Physiology and Neurobiology from the University of Maryland.

She is the President of the California Naturopathic Doctors Association, the founding Vice President of the Psychiatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians, and a member of the House of Delegates for the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians.

She previously taught at Bastyr University and is a contributing writer for Homeopathy Today, Naturopathic Doctor News and Review, Mad In America, and The Wise Mom.

In the episode we discuss:

• How Dr. Bahr came to be involved with the psychiatric system and prescribed psychiatric drugs.
  • That receiving a diagnosis of bipolar disorder led to fears such as loss of employment and that the condition was permanent, feeling like a life sentence.
  • How the psychiatric drugs, including Lithium, affected Dr. Bahrs academic performance.
  • How those experiences led to Dr. Bahrs interest and study into non-medication based and naturally oriented approaches to supporting mental health and wellbeing.
  • Why naturopathic medicine might be a good approach for mental health issues.
  • That it is important to choose naturopathic approaches as a first step to avoid potential harm from medications prescribed through the mainstream system.
  • The inherent problems with...

22:00

NetherRealm Studios Apologizes for Poorly Timed Sub-Zero Fatality Tweet "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CHICAGO Mortal Kombat developer NetherRealm Studios issued an apology this morning for a tweet on the companys official feed that appeared to make light of those struggling in below zero temperatures that have ravaged various parts of the country this week.

Stay safe out in the blizzard Mortal Kombat fans! We dont want any more SUB-ZERO FATALITIES #blizzard2018, read the since deleted tweet, which has been attributed to a reckless intern.

Read More From Hard Drive, The Only Ethical Gaming Journalism Site on The Internet:

We are beyond sorry for having tweeted something so insensitive and agree that the accompanying photo of Sub-Zero doing a fatality on the entire east coast was completely inappropriate, said Mortal Kombat creative director Ed Boon. We obviously do not want to make light of anybody suffering or dying in these extreme weather conditions.

Unless they play Tekken or Street Fighter, he added. Then they can go fuck themselves.

Article by Chuck Kowalski.

Hard Drive is the most ethical gaming journalism on the internet. Follow us on Facebook to keep up.

The post NetherRealm Studios Apologizes for Poorly Timed Sub-Zero Fatality Tweet
appeared first o...

22:00

NJ Paper Asks If Autism Is Related to Family Shooting in New Jersey "IndyWatch Feed Health"

NOTE: Thanks to AofA reader, commenter and contributor Jonathan Rose for his alert to the updates on this macabre story. Scott Kologi is accused of shooting four family members on New Year's Eve with a semi-automatic rifle. He has autism....

21:55

Former Iced Tea Firm Plans to Mine Bitcoin in the Nordic Region "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Just recently we reported on the beverage firm Long Island Iced Tea Corp and its share price increase by more than 400% immediately after it rebranded to Long Blockchain Corporation. On January 4, the company filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), stating its intentions to mine bitcoins and purchase 1,000 Bitmain manufactured Antminer S9 mining rigs.

Also Read: Dogecoin Developers Lament Billion Dollar Market Cap Milestone

The Iced Tea Company Is Shifting Gears With Plans to Mine Bitcoin

Former Iced Tea Firm Plans to Mine Bitcoin in the Nordic RegionThe specialized drink company, Long Island Iced Tea Corp, is now known as the Long Blockchain Corporation (LBC), and it seems the firm had other intentions for changing its name. The company made headlines all over the world when it rebranded, and its shares spiked by 432 percent in a single day. The latest business move shows LBC is planning to operate a mining facility located in the Nordic country, as...

21:30

Saturday Stories: Siddhartha Mukherjee, and a Tea Party Friendship "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Siddhartha Mukherjee in The New Yorker, with his poignant and incredible piece about his father's death.

Siddhartha Mukherjee in The New York Times Magazine, with his description of what happens when a clinical trial fails.

Stephanie Mencimer, in Mother Jones, with her tribute to her late Tea Party friend.

21:20

What Crypto Didn't Give Us in 2017 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The cryptocurrency market may have exceeded expectations in 2017  but there's plenty of goals left on the industry wishlist.

21:00

Avian privacy group slams RSPB mass surveillance "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

everything they do is known to the authoritiesAvian rights activists are demanding answers from the government today after the Guardian published tweets from an insider at the RSPB, indicating the shocking extent of directed surveillance against birds. Not content with using undercover agents known as twitchers, the shadowy protection agency may be involving members of the public, including some who are underage, poorly trained and below minimum wage.

Operation Big Garden Watch is currently under way with bulk collection of data across the UK. The Guardian report alleges that information on all avian species, regardless of whether they pose a threat, are being held in huge databases and shared with the US.

Legislation is clearly being flouted, stated Crispin Phelps, an outraged tit from Nether Wallop. RIPA (the Regulation of Invasive People Act 2000) indicates that crowds of children with clipboards pointing en-mass and yelling Sthparrow! at chilly dunnocks sheltering in the shrubbery clearly constitutes harrassment, and is illegal without a warrant. In addition, WTA (the Wingless Twit Act 2006) makes it an offence anything that isnt another bird to intercept or interfere with our feathered brethren in the pursuance of their private business. We are seeing a rise in such outrageous practices as tit cams, which are broadcasting explicit material to networks of humans to watch via subscription channels.

One victim of a similar operation in 2013, Snowden the White Egret, caused a public outcry after it was revealed that several different agents had reported his movements as being in their back yard on the same date. Friends claimed that this was an outrageous misrepresentation. Snowden maintains his lofty perch on a willow by the river Itchen, and wouldnt be seen dead in their suburban gardens. said a close friend, Kevin Swan.

Ofcom has admitted that they are dealing with several complaints from outraged members of the public after a television campaign suggested they hang their nuts where the birds can see them, and count the number of cocks, chicks and other bird-related euphemisms their fat balls bring to their yard.

20:56

BitPay Issues Statement On Visa Card Discontinuation: Money Safe, Refunds Pending "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

All money that has been deposited on the cryptocurrency debit cards provided by BitPay, Bitwala and Wirex prior to yesterday will be returned to the owners. This is according to the statements issued by all three companies in the wake of Visas decision to suspend the status of WaveCrest, the card provider that was servicing them. #NEWS

20:51

6 Critical Tips You Need to Know In Order To Survive Being Stranded in Your Car in Freezing Temperatures "IndyWatch Feed Food"

With the unusual winter weather that many parts of the country are experiencing, driving conditions will be harsh and potentially dangerous. Moreover, getting stranded in your vehicle could become a very real threat, especially if you are traveling in isolated parts of the country. If this happens, you have a potentially dangerous survival situation on your hands.

Most peoples instinct will tell them to leave the car and go for help. If you are in a desolate area, you may not know how far help is and leaving your car will expose you and could get you lost in the wilderness if you dont know where you are going.

6 Critical Tips You Need to Know In Order To Survive Being Stranded in Your Car in Freezing Temperatures

OK, lets put your survival know-how to the test. Heres the scenario:

At 3 p.m., a last minute work order has requested you to deliver some equipment but you must drive through a remote area where the roads elevation is between 4,000 and 4,500 feet. The road is infamous for people who dont know the area to take in the wintertime and get stuck, but youve driven it a few times and feel confident you can make it before dark. Before you set out, you turn on your GPS on your cell phone just in case. Youve also checked the weather station, which turns out is calling for unexpected snow flurries in the area, but youre on a deadline and will drive very carefully. 

Not a lot of people are driving on the road and you wish you could be at home too. The snow has been coming down for most of the trip making the roads slick. An hour into driving, you unknowingly make a wrong turn and end up on a remote logging road. The snow is really coming down making it difficult to see and you are losing daylight fast.

You curse your GPS for not telling you where to turn but realize youve lost signal and have no idea where you are. You decide to turn the car around and go out the way you came. As you get to the edge of the road, you lose traction and slide into a snow bank. 

As you try to free the car from the snow bank, the car wont budge. You feel yourself panicking as you weigh all the problems youve taken a wrong turn and are on a remote logging road, no one is in sight, youre stuck in a snow bank and its dark outside. 

How to Survive Being Stranded in Your Car in Winter

So, what would you do if you were in this situation? Do you have the skills to get out alive?

Lets look at some considerations to keep in mind:

1. Keep calm. In this type of situation, you could be stranded for hours or in some cases,...

20:45

What the 'Meltdown' and 'Spectre' CPU Flaws Mean for Cryptocurrency "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Newly discovered computer vulnerabilities Meltdown and Spectre could have an impact on cryptocurrency users.

20:42

FREE Episode of Cosmic Disclosure!! Interview #1 of 5 with Emery Smith & David Wilcock (VIDEO and TRANSCRIPT link) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

This is one episode which I watched last year, and I watched the second episode as well (link to second episode transcript). I found it very illuminating.

https://youtu.be/EpE7CC1zZiA

Published on Jan 3, 2018
FOLLOW THE ONGOING STORY WITH ME & EMERY:
http://bit.ly/CosmicEmery

Emery Smith, the whistleblower formerly known as Paul, comes forward to reveal his work inside secret biological facilities deep under the New Mexico desert. You may have seen him in the film Sirius, as he was dissecting the Atacama Humanoid body. In this introductory episode, he tells us of his induction into secret military testing facilities at Kirtland, AFB in NM where he was tasked with dissecting tissue samples taken from extraterrestrial bodies. This interview with David Wilcock was originally webcast December 12, 2017.

Link to transcript of this show

Filed under:...

20:05

Peter Reid was on the BBCs FA Cup coverage and someone had the perfect caption "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Former player turned manager and pundit Peter Reid was part of the BBCs FA Cup coverage on Friday night and someone had the perfect caption.

Well, Gary Lineker enjoyed it anyway.

Boom! The more you look at it, the more it is just totally spot on.

In case youre wondering, Liverpool beat Everton 2-1.

Source

The post Peter Reid was on the BBCs FA Cup coverage and someone had the perfect caption appeared first on The Poke.

20:00

The Ultimate Guide To Using Knives For Self Defense "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Knives for self defense

What do you think about using knives for self defense? There is a lot of talk these days about the importance of not only being able to use a knife offensively but also to have the ability to defend against the blade. Even many of the traditional martial arts are implementing an edged weapon component to their curriculums. These days, all that you need to do is to turn on the news and you will see why the importance of using knives for self-defense has become a precedence. Criminals and terrorists are not only attacking the general public with edged weapons They are even targeting law enforcement with machetes as well as other blades.

Knives for Self Defense: Here's Why

I was first exposed to various methods of knife training in the United States Marine Corps. We practiced with bayonets as well as our Ka-Bar fighting knives. These were two of the blades that were standard issue and always out with us in the field. We heard many war stories from our instructors about the value of being proficient with an edged weapon. Not only was it valid in trench warfare during World War I and II, but it has also been utilized by modern day special forces that are fighting terrorism.

Once my active duty tour in the Marines was over, I continued my education on utilizing knives for self-defense. My focus was on FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) and other methods coming out of Eastern Europe. Pulling movement patterns from both systems allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of how and when to deploy a blade during a combative situation. There are many similarities to any good knife fighting system. Finding one that you will stick to and practice often is the advice that I give anyone who is beginning their training.

Please keep in mind that there are no winners when it comes to most knife confrontations. Hollywood and even YouTube martial artists demonstrate applications that look amazing on video. But in real life, things are much messier and devastating than what most people realize is the truth. One of my teachers explained it to me this way

In most knife fights there are two outcomes, one fighter goes to the hospital while the other goes to the morgue.

Folding Knives or Fixed Blade Knives for Self Defense

Just like most things in...

20:00

speed cube not fun "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Today on Toothpaste For Dinner: speed cube not fun

The Worst Things For Sale is Drew's blog. It updates every day. Subscribe to the Worst Things For Sale RSS!

19:57

Fire Lotto Worlds First Blockchain Lottery Platform Launched "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The blockchain technology has already started to break the geographical borders, and Fire Lotto is the latest and an ideal example of this trend. It is a blockchain based lottery platform launched on January 1, 2018, provides a truly global pool of customers, including even those belonging to the regions where lotteries are banned. While the corporate world is catching up with the blockchain revolution, the lottery world is also embracing the blockchain with the advent of Fire Lotto.

About Fire Lotto

Fire Lotto, is the worlds first decentralized lottery platform that is developed on Ethereum (ETH) smart contracts and characterized by complete transparency. The distributed, decentralized blockchain provides many opportunities for fintech innovation as well as the modernization of gaming industry.

The platform ensures that 70% of the ticket sales goes to the jackpot and the winners are paid right after the draw to their ETH wallets. Fire Lotto was recently launched on January 1, 2018, starting with 4 popular lottery games. The lotteries are 4/20, 5/36 and 6/45 and Rogers Wheel, with ticket cost starting from $2.

Based on demand, Fire Lotto will be able to add more popular lottery games to draw in a greater number of players who will be able to access the platform from any device, without the need for any app. At present, interested users can join the platform by investing in companys token pre-sale or as a participant in the lottery. Fire Lotto private token pre-sale is going-on and will end by January 15, 2018, while the main ICO will start from March 15, 2018 and end by April 15, 2018.

The players enter the lottery site with a familiar, user-friendly interface, where they can purchase an almost infinite number of lottery tickets and select numbers for each. Payments for tickets are enabled in one click via users cryptocurrency wallet.

The anonymity factor of playing over Fire Lotto platform implies that players from any part of the world can play without any worries. One of the added incentives for Fire Lotto tickets holders is taxation. Unlike traditional lotteries, there is no tax or hidden charges that take the shin...

19:39

Donald Trump attacked Michael Wolff and Mark Hamill had the perfect response "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

You might have seen that Donald Trumps not entirely happy with the book Michael Wolff has written about him, and heres what the so-called president tweeted a few hours ago.

And in case youre wondering, it linked to this.

Now there were lots of responses to this but no-one did it better than Luke Skywalker himself.

The force is strong with that one.

Heres what a few other people had to say.

19:00

North Korea has opened a crisis hotline with South Korea to try to avoid war "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

But theres reason to be skeptical.

A South Korean government official communicates with a North Korean officer during a phone call on the dedicated communications hotline at the border village of Panmunjom on January 3, 2018, in Panmunjom, South Korea. South Korean Unification Ministry via Getty Images

A South Korean government official communicates with a North Korean officer during a phone call on the dedicated communications hotline at the border village of Panmunjom on January 3, 2018, in Panmunjom, South Korea. South Korean Unification Ministry 

North Korea just reopened a communications channel with South Korea after nearly two years of silence, a move that could lower the chances of an accidental war between the two longtime foes.

North Korean military officials spoke twice with their southern counterparts on January 3. They first chatted at 3:30 pm local time and checked technical issues of the communication line for about 20 minutes, according to South Koreas Ministry of Unification. North Korea then called South Korea around 6:07 pm simply to say lets call it a day today, the ministry said.

It may not seem like much, but those brief conversations over the phone line have the potential to calm the growing tensions between the US and South Korea on one side and North Korea on the other tensions that could lead to a catastrophic war.

President Donald Trump took credit for the talks on Wednesday, tweeting, does anybody really believe that talks and dialogue would be going on between North and South Korea right now if I wasnt firm, strong and willing to commit our total might against the North, adding that talks are a good thing! Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis told reporters on Wednesday that we dont know if [the offer of talks are] a genuine olive branch or not.

Many experts believe North Koreas decision to start talking again isnt solely a gesture of goodwill. Instead, they say the North likely is using the once-defunct communications channel for more concrete reasons.

First, Kim Jong Un wants his athletes to participate in the upcoming Winter Olympics in South Korea. Second, he wants to see what South Korea might agree to, like canceling all military drills with the US. And finally, he may hope that speaking directly to South Korea will make Seoul decide America isnt a necessary par...

19:00

9 Lessons for Living Longer From the People Whove Lived the Longest "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

How to Live to Be 100+

We all inhabit this beautiful blue planet, breathe the same air, eat food grown on our worlds surface and drink fresh water sourced from the Earth, yet some people are a whole lot healthier than others, and in fact, live decades longer.

These are people who live in what has become known as Blue Zones across the globe and we can learn a lot from their way of life.

These zones describe the characteristic lifestyles and the environments of the worlds longest-lived people and, remarkably, the average persons life expectancy could increase by 10-12 years by adopting a Blue Zones lifestyle.

The concept of blue zones grew out of the demographic work of Gianni Pes and Michael Poulain, who identified Sardinias Nuoro province as the region with the highest concentration of male centenarians in the world.

Read Entire Article

18:58

FLUX: Restructure the Gaming Ecosystem with Blockchain Technology "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Much has been said about ICOs during the course of 2017. Are ICOs key to a successful startup journey? Yes, ICOs are now a huge part of the fundraising landscape, with a similar impact as Venture capital funding. While some beg to differ about the future of the crowdfunding phenomena, one cant deny the impact it has had on many startups this year.

A successful ICO can say much about the innovative nature of a startup. For instance, a majority of presale participants are industry professionals and seasoned industry investors. This means the product is valuable at face value and can find mainstream applications. Thats seriously easy math.

Case in point is blockchain based FLUX, which announced its token sale on December 10, 2017, and set to end on December 31, 2017.  Earlier, the gaming ecosystem successfully closed its presale with over $2 million worth of investment in BTC, ETH, USD, and EUR to successfully gaining recognition as one of the most promising blockchain projects in the gaming industry. The success can be attributed to the implementation of a unique investment system called SICS (Special Investment Control System), which is a personal escrow plan for every person who invests $500 thousand. The plan is a key stepping stone to ensure that all funds collected during the ICO round are correctly applied in accordance with the initial agreement.

FLUX concept revolves around creating a unique global gaming ecosystem where players, developers, traders, and the gaming community can convert time spent into gaming token FLUX COIN. The platform also creates a competitive gaming atmosphere that offers a marketplace for games, online streaming, and trading in-game items. Using blockchain technology, gamers, developers and investors will get rewards for matchmaking competitions, trading items on the marketplace and even crowdfunding their own ideas within the platform, in a transparent and automated way. This makes FLUX a good extension to the over $105 billion annual revenue gaming industry.

The foundation of the FLUX ecosystem is based on introducing support platform which will allow players to compete in games from a list of available games, and earn opponents money after a successful win. With the use of smart contracts, the system will be capable of supporting a secure and transparent matchmaking process. Players can use BTC, ETH, LTC, EUR, or Visa/MasterCard payments etc to finance their gaming endeavors online. This will in turn guarantee the player descent earnings, given his/her gaming skills on a safe platform backed by a decentralized system. The platform will be available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Windows Phone, iOS, and Android.

The 1st stage of the token sale is currently underway, while the 2nd stage will take place during the 1st quarter of 2018. The 1st stage started with...

18:37

Litecoin lifts from long slumber "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The start of this year has been nothing short of epic for cryptocurrencies with the majority of them surging for the first couple of days of January. One favorite from last year however remained asleep and even fell a little while the rest were on fire. Litecoin has finally awoken during the Asian trading session this morning and is once again heading upwards.

Like many of its siblings LTC had a great year in 2017 starting off around $4 and climbing steadily over tenfold to reach some stability around $50 where it remained for several months. In November it moved up again towards the $100 level where again it halted for a while. Between December 8 and 13 Litecoin went parabolic and jumped to $340, it reached a record high of $375 a few days later.

Since those heady days the altcoin has fallen from grace somewhat on a downward trend for three weeks to lows of just over $220. News that founder Charlie Lee had sold his entire holdings of LTC left the community with a sour taste. Hodlers were starting to get concerned as all of the other altcoins were making upward motions and Litecoin was getting left behind.

Things started to change this morning during the Asian trading session when LTC broke through its weekly resistance level of $255 and shot skywards in a couple of hours to just over $300. Litecoin has finally awoken from its slumber to break $300 again for the first time since December 22. The majority of trading has been on Hong Kong exchange OKEx in Bitcoin Cash, followed by GDAX and South Korean Bithumb.

Charlie Lee is still extolling his baby and Tweeted this today in reference to transfer volume;

Over $12B worth of LTC has been sent in the last 24hr. Thats almost 95% of its marketcap. See how this stacks up against the other coins. Litecoin IS the payments coin!

News that Japanese entertainment giant DMM unveiled details of a crypto exchange that will be launched next month could have boosted investment in Litecoin as it will be carrying 7 currencies of which LTC is one.

Litecoin is currently up 21% on the day, its market capacity is $16 billion and it has lost a couple of spots in the cap charts to Cardano and the recently surging Ripple. It the momentum continues Litecoin could reach its previous high and even continue on to $400 where it is likely to climb back up those charts.

The post Litecoin lifts from long slumber appeared first on...

18:35

BUY LTC AND TRADE THE BREAK OUT "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Its time to buy LTC and trade that bull break. Buy pressure is strong enough and now prices are trending above $275.

In the mean time, the same bull pressure is visible with NEM reversing from the middle BB with a strong bull candlestick reversing from the middle BB. I also expect DASH, Monero and IOTA to follow suit in the coming session.

Lets have a look at other charts

$1.35 IS IDEAL NEM BUYING ZONE

NEM reverse from middle BBXEMUSD 4HR Chart for January 6, 2018

Two bear candlesticks in the daily chart closing above the upper BB summed up NEM events over the last two days.

We cannot expect much but with that bullish candlestick bouncing off the middle BB, bulls may as well push higher and close above $1.76, the second Fibonacci extension anchoring on last weeks high low.

In light of our previous forecast, it is ideal if prices dip below the middle BB and even reverse from around $1.35 if we want perfect buying opportunities.

3-BAR REVERSAL FROM MINOR SUPPORT AS DASH PUSH TOWARDS $1300

DASH resistance at $1300DASHUSD 4HR Chart for January 6, 2018

After failing to pump up and close above $1300 on December 5, DASH is now reversing from the minor support trend line connecting December 30 and Janu...

18:31

Twelfth night "IndyWatch Feed Education"

I say there is no darkness but ignorance. (Shakespeare, Twelfth Night).

As Twelfth Night is upon us, as we prepare for the Epiphany and the coming of the Wise Men, it is good to consider wisdom as an antidote to ignorance.

Traditionally, on Twelfth Night one put away their Christmas tree or risk bad luck for the rest of the year.

Twelfth Night and remembering the Magi seem to me to be good moments to pause. Gone is the flurry of Christmas, the festivity of New Years, the lazy hedonism of early January in summer (or winter, if you do not live in the Southern hemisphere!). Often we are back at work, dusting off our goals and plans for 2018.

Twelfth Night affords us time to reflect on these goals and dreams. What is it, really, that we want 2018 to bring? And how will that look, in our every day lives?

I like to think in terms of more of and less of.

Things I want to do more of, and things I want to do less of.

No pressure but wisdom drawn from reflecting on the year that was, and life thus far. As Pope John Paul II noted: Who does not feel the need for a star to guide him on his earthly journey? Individuals and nations both feel the need. 

We look for the star, the wisdom to make right choices in our life in this new year.

The wisdom highlights virtue and reflection. Taking time each week to reflect in faith, and hope, and love. What is it that I want to do more of? What is it that I want to do less of?

And writing these down or noting them in an app or on your phone. Though writing down such goals has been shown to be most effective.

18:30

United States of Bitcoin: Illinois Gives Crypto Love While Other States Hate "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

United States of Bitcoin: Illinois Gives Crypto Love While Other States Hate

The United States continues to divide over the issue of cryptocurrency generally and bitcoin in particular. Idaho and Alaska issued crypto investment warnings, while Iowas Insurance Division cautions against the digital assets high risk, and Utah announces scam scares. Illinois bucks the worrywarts, however, and is instead crafting legislation that would welcome crypto businesses and innovation.

Also read: African Central Banks Urged to Ditch Dollar and Buy Bitcoin

Illinois Wants No Part of New Yorks Bitlicense Overregulation

In a trend-bucking move, legislators in the midwest state of Illinois are trying to craft legislation that would help the state welcome what some in their ranks see as an innovation. New York went in and over regulated [bitcoin] and what ended up happening was a lot of those companies left the state, representative Jaime Andrade reminded.

Mr. Andrade was responding to a bureaucratic report declaring bitcoin to not be a currency. It just so happens Mr. Andrade is the Chair of the states House Committee on Cyber Security. Hes even, with colleague Mike Zalewski...

18:27

No electronics in the bedroom: Any device closer than arms length can cause cancer, infertility, and other health concerns, health officials warn "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

(Natural News) The California Department of Health issued guidelines highlighting the health risks associated with cell phone radiation exposure, and encouraging the general public to minimize their exposure to it. The statewide guidelines came after certain cities such as Berkeley and San Francisco released local warnings that their citizens should make some distance between their mobile phones and their bodies.

Health experts explained that cell phones transmit information using low frequency radio signals that may expose users to unhealthy radiation. The risk of exposure may be exacerbated when users stream or download large files, experts said. The guidelines stressed on mounting evidence that cell phone radiation may increase the odds of developing cancer, attention and mental health disorders and reproductive health issues.

The French have tested the phones the way they are used and RF [radiofrequency] exposure exceeds the French standards by four more times, and apply that to the U.S. standards, its even much more than that about seven times [the recommended levels][Multiple studies] show that men who keep phones in their pockets the longest have the lowest sperm count, with most damage, Dr. Devra Davis of the Envi...

18:13

Embracing Vicissitude: On Greater and Lesser Pains "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

This post Embracing Vicissitude: On Greater and Lesser Pains was created by Gary Z McGee for Fractal Enlightenment. You should consider visiting Fractal Enlightenment - ~ We Are All One for more awesome posts.

We dont so much solve our problems as we outgrow them. We add capacities and experiences that eventually make us ...

The post Embracing Vicissitude: On Greater and Lesser Pains appeared first on Fractal Enlightenment.

18:13

EU Amends AML Laws for Cryptotrading as US Ponders: Expert Blog "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cryptocurrency regulation becomes tighter as some new money laundering and drug trafficking schemes are revealed. #EXPERT BLOG

17:57

New Water Pump. "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I decided that as we have so much excess solar power I would be better off with an electric water pump to pump water from our lower collection 5000 gallon cement water tank to our upper house feed tank than the petrol fire pump we have been using. Survival wise we will probably always have 240 volt solar power, but we may not always have fuel!
So I purchased an electric water pump with what fittings I needed, & my wife came up with the idea of using a storage container to keep it in.

17:39

Joshuas Long Day And Other Pole Shifts Recorded in the Bible "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Several important events in the Scriptures involved pole shifts, These events include Joshuas long day and Hezekiahs going back of the shadow of the sun. Tune in to find out more.
To view full 2.5 hour broadcast click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHlW1A14tZM
The Day of the Lord is at hand. Is your name in the Lambs Book of life? http://www.emoaf.org/Is-Your-Name-Written-in-the-Lambs-Book-of-Life-.html
Be a part of the 2018 New Years First Fruit Offering. Get more information here: http://www.emoaf.org/
Please help support the work of this end-time ministry with a donation. Donate online at: http://www.emoaf.org/Donate.html
or mail:
EMOAF| Evangelist Anita Fuentes
PO Box 218, Schertz, TX 78154
Thank you and the Lord richly bless you as you continue to walk in His ways

17:37

Fukushima A Nuclear War Without A War and The Disaster That is Still On Going "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Fukushima is not something talked about near enough. The disaster that occurred is still haunting us even now.

For those who need a little brushing up on the topic back in 2011, the tsunami caused by the Tohoku earthquake caused a literal nuclear disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in Okuma, Fukushima. It was not until recently (6 years later) that a crew was able to capture images of melted uranium fuel present in its ruined Unit 3 reactor. Because of the radioactivity, no one is able to go where is necessary to resolve this issue and most robots do not even last long inside.

That being said, the worst of this is nowhere near over. This has pretty much destroyed the Pacific Ocean to say the least and radiation from this has made landfall on the US West Coast. While the levels are currently extremely low as time passes and nothing is done about this ticking time bomb of a planet levels will rise. This radiation has made its way into our food chain and yet mainstream media has still remained virtually silent on the matter. Why?

CNBC reported as follows back in 2016:

Last December, Buesseler and his team said they had found a spike of cesium-134 off the coast of California about 11 becquerels per cubic meter of water. Becquerels are a unit measuring radiation. Buesseler and his team reported finding about 10 becquerels per cubic meter of water 1,500 miles north of Hawaii. That was a level around twice as high as levels they had found on previous missions.

Five years later, scientists have reason to assume radiation from the Fukushima disaster is still showing up on U.S. shores. And they will likely continue to leak and drift for decades to come.

Contaminated water is leaking into the Pacific with each day that passes. Now that this melted uranium has been found the next step will be removing it but how long will that take considering it took six whole years to even find it? Apparently, we have about 30 or 40 more years to go. The Fukushima disaster has severe consequences that we will be facing for what seems like the rest of our lives and longer.

This was Japans second massive nuclear disaster as deemed by novelist Haruki Murakami who has been very outspoken on how he feels in regards to this disaster. He seems to believe something needs to be done as many others do and yet progress is almost at what feels like a standstill. T...

17:27

January 31st, 2018: The Moon is Going to Do Something It Has Not Done in Over 150 Years "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

While we know the super blue blood moon to come on the 31st will be quite the spectacle there are things about it we should also take into consideration. This will be the first time in over 150 years that these events have matched up perfectly according to the cannon of lunar eclipses.

These events breaking down into the supermoon, blue moon, and blood moon. For those who may be a bit confused let me go over each of these things a bit. A supermoon is something that makes the moon appear brighter and closer than usual as its location coincides with that of the closest distance that the moon reaches to Earth. A blue moon is merely the second full moon in one calendar month, and a blood moon marks a lunar eclipse. See, it isnt as complicated as it sounds, now is it?

The diameter of the full Moon at perigee (closest approach to Earth) as compared to apogee.
NASA

Now, while the moon will appear bigger because of the supermoon it will because of the lunar eclipse be a more washed out color rather than super bright like other supermoons we have experienced before. It will be almost as if there is a shadow cast over the moon which is essentially what is happening. To some this may not be impressive, but if you like astrology and space-related things you will get a kick out of it I am sure.

These three big moments are going to be matched up perfectly to mark this interesting celestial event. While totality will only last but a minute the experience will last a lifetime. The last time we saw a total eclipse of a blue moon was on March 31st, of 1866 so it is safe to say this is something I will not be missing.

Noah Petro, a research scientist from NASAs Goddard Space Flight Center says as follows:

The lunar eclipse on January 31st will be visible during moonset. Folks in the Eastern United States, where the eclipse will be partial, will have to get up in the morning to see it. But its another great chance to watch the Moon.

For more on this interesting event please feel free to check out the video below. Will you be getting up to see the super blue blood moon or will you be sleeping through it? While I know It will be cold and I will be tired I dont think...

17:27

A Look Ahead. (Must Read) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

As we approach a new year, I want to proffer some observations that are suggestive of what 2018 may look like. Mind you, these are not predictions, but only observable trends that give us insight as to what the new year may bring.

War

The signs are everywhere that the Trump administration is going to take the U.S. (and perhaps much of the world) into war.

During Trumps first year in office, he has expanded U.S. military operations around the world to the highest levels in modern history. Trump deployed U.S. Special Operations troops to 149 countries, which is a whopping 150% increase over the levels produced by the quintessential presidential warmonger, G.W. Bush.

In addition, Congress has rubber-stamped Donald Trumps plans to allocate $214 million in an unprecedented military buildup in Eastern and Northern Europeclose to Russias borders. This expenditure is part of a larger $4.6 billion European Deterrence Initiative (EDI). The funds will be distributed between U.S. military bases in Latvia, Estonia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Luxembourg, Iceland, and Norway. These bases are mostly designed to house top-of-the-line U.S. warplanes. Remember, Trump is putting these bases on Russias doorstep.

The Pentagon recently announced that some 2,000 U.S. troops are stationed in Syria. What the Pentagon wont admit, of course, is that our troops in Syria are opposing government forces that are fighting ISIS guerrillas, and our troops are also training other anti-Assad terrorist groups in Syria (because Syria and Russia have, for the most part, destroyed ISIS in Syria). The Pentagon also said that our forces will stay in Syria indefinitely.

Of course, Trump already expanded the war in Afghanistan to indefinite status, sending over 4,000 additional troops to that beleaguered, war-torn nation, which brings the total number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan to over 15,000that we know of. Plus, at least 6,000 additional U.S. troops are being sent to Afghanistan this spring. General John W. Nicholson, Jr., promised reporters that U.S. troops being sent to Afghanistan will increase dramatically in 2018.

In fact, during the past four months, President Trump has increased the number of U.S. troops and civilian mercenaries to Middle Eastern countries by a whopping 33%. These nations include Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Israel, Turkey, Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, a...

17:24

Another 40 Million People In The U.S. Now Have Access To The Medicinal Wonders of Marijuana "IndyWatch Feed Health"

On January 1st, the most populous state in the U.S. became the sixth to make marijuana legally available for recreational use. The move could now accelerate the legalization of cannabis as accessibility to the medicinal herb becomes widespread.

17:22

Bow drill fire, pretty tough task "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Attempted to start a fire using the bow drill method, this was my first ever attempt using friction to start a fire!!!!

Any of you start fires this was on a regular basis?? What types of wood is best etc??

17:03

Detecting Sickness in Others: Do You Have This Interesting Sixth Sense? "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Did you know that as humans we may be able to detect sickness in others? Sure, some of us cannot do this, but I know of several who definitely can!

This is a skill that seems to act as a behavioral defense against disease by limiting the risk of contamination or so new research suggests. It seems this can be detected through facial cues. This ability is something that has not been demonstrated until now. For this study, a research team from Stockholm University took 16 healthy volunteers and put the idea of this to the test.

Co-author of this study, John Axelsson told AFP as follows:

An ability to detect sick people would allow people to avoid being close to sick people, and hence minimize the risk of becoming sick if the person is a carrier of contagious disease,

These findings could help medical doctors and computer software to better detect sick people.

For this study, each person participating was given a shot of lipopolysaccharides (LPS) which is a molecule taken from bacteria. These molecules are sterile and for those who do not know, that means no live bacteria is injected. With that being said, they do cause a strong immune response and flu-like symptoms. These symptoms last a few hours.

Now, some of these participants received a placebo, of course, this being to act as a control group. Two hours after each shot the participants got their photos taken. Some were feeling quite sick and others didnt feel sick at all. (These people were photographed before and after their shots for those who may be wondering so yes, there were comparison shots.)

The different photos were shown to all of the participants and they were then asked to rate the sickness of each photo. The study states that the raters were able to correctly discriminate 13 out of 16 individuals as being sick. This is suggesting that some people can tell whether or not someone is sick based off of virtually nothing.

All of this aside, there will need to be more research done on this in the future. This study was published in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B. Those who were rated as sick had paler lips, skin, redder eyes, patchier skin, and droopier mouth corners. Do you think you can detect sickness in others?

(Image Via: Audrey Henderson/St Andrews University)

17:00

Black Ops Agent Claims He Was Paid To Bomb OKC in the 1990s By Deep State Hours Later Has A Car Crash "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Former independent Black Ops Contractor Robert Cody Snodgres took to the airwaves early last month to allege he was offered a massive $1 million dollar paycheck from the CIA to bomb the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City prior to the mysterious deadly explosion in the 1990s, hours later he was in a serious car accident according to reports.

The 1990s 9/11, so to speak, where evidence doesnt add up was originally and officially blamed on fertilizer bombs perpetrated by Timothy McVeigh and his accomplice Terry L. Nichols

Its a weaved web of deceit; the investigation was a cover-up in every sense of the word, and may finally get wings for exposure.

The question is why if there is nothing to hide? That question may finally be answered with Snodgres, a career Independent Contractor.

Read Entire Article

17:00

Comic for 2018.01.06 "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

New Cyanide and Happiness Comic

How Castor Oil Can Simplify Your Beauty Regimen "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

Castor oil is a translucent vegetable oil with a yellow tint that is derived from the seeds of the castor plant. It is an unsaturated omega-9 fat well-known for having a distinctive, nauseating taste. Depending on your age, you may remember being forced to drink castor oil, perhaps to relieve constipation, which some thought was associated with a childs unpleasant mood.

Despite its strong taste, castor oil has been used for millennia to treat medical conditions most notably digestive issues, including constipation and dysentery. In modern times, castor oil continues to be used in laxatives, as well as in a wide variety of everyday items from cleaning products, coatings and cosmetics to paints, plastics and perfumes.

Although some users of castor oil complain of negative reactions, such as itching, rashes and swelling, others praise it for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and moisturizing effects. If you have not yet tried castor oil, you may want to consider using it for your face and skin, particularly as part of the oil cleansing method.

Castor Oil Has Long Been Used as a Fuel and Laxative

Castor oil is made by pressing the seeds of the castor plant (Ricinus communis), which is native to India and has since appeared in tropical areas within Africa and Asia. It has a long history of use as a fuel and a laxative.1,2 In India, the use of castor seed oil as a laxative and a fuel for lamps dates back to 2000 B.C. Castor oil is known as a cleanser and purifier in Ayurvedic tradition, which also promotes it as a cure for arthritic diseases.

Castor seed oil was also used as a fuel and laxative by the Greeks, as well as the Egyptians, in whose ancient tombs castor seeds have been found. It appeared in Europe during the early Middle Ages for similar applications, and later fell into disuse.

Today, castor oil is found in hundreds of cosmetic products. It continues to be regarded for its laxative effects and is sometimes still used to induce labor. It also has many industrial uses such as in the production of nylon and other synthetic fibers, as well as resins. Castor oil is found in food containers, insulation, motor oil, paint, plastics, soap and varnish.3

Keep a Clean House With Nontoxic Cleaners "IndyWatch Feed Health"

30 Tips in 30 Days Designed to Help You Take Control of Your Health

This article is part of the 30 Day Resolution Guide series. Each day a new tip will be added designed to help you take control of your health. For a complete list of the tips click HERE

By Dr. Mercola

A clean, decluttered home provides a much-needed sanctuary from the daily grind. Its hard to fully decompress if your home is dirty or untidy, and the average American worker spends nearly one hour on housework daily in an attempt to keep a clean house.1 But theres a misconception that in order to truly clean your home, youve got to don rubber gloves and spray harsh chemicals to do it.

In fact, one of the primary reasons for cleaning your home regularly is to clear out the many toxic chemicals that have accumulated in your household dust. Flame-retardant chemicals and phthalates are among them (along with thousands of species of bacteria and fungi).2

However, if you clean your home with commercial sprays, wipes, scrubs and polishes, youre putting toxins into your home environment instead of removing them. The same goes for most laundry detergents, dryer sheets and air fresheners. Even those strong-smelling lemon and pine scents the ones many people believe are the epitome of a clean home are created by toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs).

You neednt expose yourself or your family to these toxins any longer, as its simple to clean your home with nontoxic cleaners. You can even recreate the same clean scents you love using essential oils, and your home will smell much better for it while offering you therapeutic benefits at the same time. As an added bonus, by creating your own nontoxic cleaners, youll probably save money too, compared to buying commercial cleaning products.

Scented Products Emit an Average of 17 VOCs

Have you ever felt nauseous, dizzy or gotten a headache after cleaning your home with typical cleaning supplies or using an air freshener? Its probably because of the VOCs. Eye, nose and throat irritation is also c...

16:50

12 Physical Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

For some reason people who do not suffer from mental illness like to use the phrase its all in your head. Well, for those who may think that I assure you, it is NOT all in our heads.

Mental illness is REAL illness. Most mental illnesses have tons of physical symptoms and can be associated throughout the body, not just the head. Being depressed is so much more than being sad and dealing with an anxiety disorder is not just worrying a little too much. There is more to it than you care to realize.

To help those who do not understand the physical symptoms of mental illnesses in general below you will find a list of symptoms associated with depression and anxiety. Depression is something that affects about 350 million people worldwide and anxiety affects 40 million adults in the US alone. These are things so many people are experiencing, dismissing their illnesses is not going to make their problems just disappear.

12 Physical Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety:

1. Headaches/Migraines

Headaches are associated with both depression and anxiety. This can be mild or severe depending on you specifically. This is quite frustrating and for some the headaches are neverending, to say the least.

2. Dizziness/Lightheadedness

This one is also associated with both anxiety and depression. It can come on all at once or slowly progress. For me it comes and goes, if my anxiety is really getting to me I will sometimes become lightheaded but again everyone is different. Depression in itself is often described as a numb or lightheaded feeling.

3. Back Pain

This one is more commonly associated with depression. Depression is actually closely linked with lots of different forms of chronic pain as you will see the further you continue on. Depression symptoms in general also make pain feel much worse than it is.

4. Digestive Issues

Yes, depression can literally cause you to have diarrhea or to become constipated. Digestive upsets come in many forms and depression is one of them. When this happens your bowels may not act the same.

5. Muscle Aches/Joint Pain

Depression manifests itself in a lot of cases as physical aches and pains. These offer no obvious cause, but they do have an underlying issue. Depression is very...

16:49

Why use obsolete guns and ammo? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Going through Cartridges of the World (12th edition) I was Curious about the age of my ammo. It's not that old just wanted to find out when it was developed! This is what I found, 22lr,1887.12ga, early 1880's. 38 special,1902.9mm parabellum,1902.45 acp,1905. 357 magnum,1935. That's just handgun! Rifle rounds, 30/30 Winchester,1895. 8mm Mauser(.323)1905 and the youngsters 7.62x39 Soviet(M43) 1943. This is what I have. Now some young guns(pun intended) 308 Winchester,1952. 223(5.56x45)1957. 10...

Why use obsolete guns and ammo?

16:05

Healing Thru Plasma And Photonic Energy, Gestalt Of Light Body Processes "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Angel V. Ornedo Jr., Guest writer, In5D.com Last 2017, energies, healing and cleansing are words we hear that relate to our experiences with 3D ills, impurities and transmutation but partakes of other meanings in science, beliefs, faith and other fields. Relationship with the medical world differs and with the best international medical minds consulted []

The post Healing Thru Plasma And Photonic Energy, Gestalt Of Light Body Processes appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

16:04

Contributing to open source helped me land an internship at Microsoft. Heres how it can help you. "IndyWatch Feed Education"

The Seattle SkylineTaken by myself at Gasworks Park

Accomplished X by implementing Y which led to Z.
Gayle Laakmann McDowell, author of Cracking The Coding Interview

When I interviewed for software engineering internships this past fall, my open source contributions helped me stand out from the crowd.

Me (Ethan Arrowood) attending a presentation hosted by Accelerate Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center

Who am I?

I am a 2nd year student pursuing a computer science major, as well as minors in applied mathematics and business management at Wentworth Institute of Technology (WIT) in Boston, MA.

My main programming languages are JavaScript (Node.js & React.js) and Java. Im also familiar with Python, R, SQL, NoSQL, MySQL, Firebase, HarperDB, and MongoDB.

Technical Interviews

You can find so many resources on how to prepare for a technical interview. All of them will tell you to study your data structures and algorithms, and definitely do not forget that lovely Big O notation. Some articles will also tell you to have side projects and put them in a wonderful virtual portfolio. Id like to share one more thing you can do to set your self apart, contribute to open source projects.

Contributing to Open Source

A snapshot of my GitHub contributions this past year*

Many of my interviews began by discussing my contributions to the freeCodeCamp curriculum and guides projects as well as some higher level Git concepts such as handling merge conflicts, cherry-pick...

16:00

Australian Dollar and Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

1.00 AUD = 0.00005 BTC
0.00010 BTC = 2.15 AUD
Converter

Bitcoin and United States Dollar "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

0.00010 BTC = 1.71 USD
1.00 USD = 0.00006 BTC
Converter

15:50

180104 Travel Message HI DEF Videos playlist. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

[Decided to repost this as I forgot a title on the first try. Ive eliminated the prior post]

Some may wish to view this playlist to hear all of the messages that were released on last nights journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdrrp7y-6O8&list=PL06qDcsJSVrIAF4ygPqaYgPjJy0REu8AR

To view individual videos, please click here.

Filed under: Kauilapele message, new energies ...

15:48

Nostradamus Prophecies for 2018: World War 3 and the Collapse of the Global Economy "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

It seems just about every year people go over the prophecies Nostradamus has laid out for us. When it comes to looking into this you need to remember that his predictions have been a bit too accurate, they have been accurate to an extent that honestly could be considered TERRIFYING.

According to Nostradamus prophecies as described in his book Les Propheties, during 2018 there will be several natural disasters that will shake the world. One passage, in particular, has people quite concerned. This passage reads as follows; Kings steal forests, the sky will open, the fields will be burned by heat. This most assume means that a hold in the ozone layer is going to result in intense solar radiation lashing here on Earth.

Nostradamus has also warned of a 27-year long war that will occur. Could this be WW3? Sure we thought it was coming last year, but this year could be the year. Many believe this is in reference to the tension growing between the US and North Korea. He also predicted as follows: Twice put up and twice cast down. The East will also weaken the West. Its adversary after several battled chased by sea will fail at time of need. What do you think that could mean?

Most of what it seems Nostradamus believes is in store for this year does not look good. While he passed years before our time it seems we still have so much we can learn from him. He accurately foretold the rise of Hitler back in 1933, the massacre that 9/11 was, and so many other things. Many believe the false trumpet Nostradamus referred too on several occasions is, in fact, President Donald Trump himself.

Below you will see some of Nostradamus predictions as explained by Nostradamus2018.com:

UNUSUAL EARTHQUAKES AND FLOODS

Strong earthquakes will shake many areas of our fragile planet. China is one of the countries that will suffer the fury of the earthquakes and since 2018 will cause thousands of deaths.

During the winter of 2018, the belt of fire of the Pacific will record an unusual activity. It will cause several earthquakes and the eruption of three volcanoes.

The floods all around the world will beat all the records. We will see the global media talking about storms and climatic disasters.

There will be typhoons in China, Japan, and even Australia. Russia will be affected by extreme weather and there will be many floods.

T...

15:34

Preparing For The Unthinkable: CDC To Hold Briefing On How To Prepare The Public For a Nuclear Detonation In America "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Danger of nuclear war illustration with multiple explosions

Amid rising tensions between the United States and North Korea, the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention have scheduled a briefing for later this month that will teach healthcare professionals how to better prepare the public for a nuclear detonation in America.

The teaching session will target doctors, nurses, epidemiologists, pharmacists, veterinarians, certified health education specialists, laboratory scientists, and others and will be held January 16th.

A posting on the CDC website outlines the agencies Public Health Response to a Nuclear Detonation which details the need to be able to inform the public on how to possibly survive such an attack.

The Threat Is Real Prepare Your Family For A Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Or Nuclear Attack (Ad)

While a nuclear detonation is unlikely, it would have devastating results and there would be limited time to take critical protection steps. Despite the fear surrounding such an event, planning and preparation can lessen deaths and illness, the notice reads.

For instance, most people dont realize that sheltering in place for at least 24 hours is crucial to saving lives and reducing exposure to radiation. While federal, state, and local agencies will lead the immediate response efforts, public health will play a key role in responding.

Stat News reports:

A spokesperson for the agency said planning for the event has been underway for months in fact, since CDC officials took part in a radiation/nuclear incident exercise led by the Federal Emergency Management Agency last April, Kathy Harben said in an email.

CDC participants felt it would be a good way to discuss public health preparedness and share resources with states and other partners. State and local partners also have expressed interest in this topic over time, she said.

Still, t...

Preparing For The Unthinkable: CDC To Hold Briefing On How To Prepare The Public For a Nuclear Detonation In America "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Danger of nuclear war illustration with multiple explosions

Amid rising tensions between the United States and North Korea, the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention have scheduled a briefing for later this month that will teach healthcare professionals how to better prepare the public for a nuclear detonation in America.

The teaching session will target doctors, nurses, epidemiologists, pharmacists, veterinarians, certified health education specialists, laboratory scientists, and others and will be held January 16th.

A posting on the CDC website outlines the agencies Public Health Response to a Nuclear Detonation which details the need to be able to inform the public on how to possibly survive such an attack.

The Threat Is Real Prepare Your Family For A Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Or Nuclear Attack (Ad)

While a nuclear detonation is unlikely, it would have devastating results and there would be limited time to take critical protection steps. Despite the fear surrounding such an event, planning and preparation can lessen deaths and illness, the notice reads.

For instance, most people dont realize that sheltering in place for at least 24 hours is crucial to saving lives and reducing exposure to radiation. While federal, state, and local agencies will lead the immediate response efforts, public health will play a key role in responding.

Stat News reports:

A spokesperson for the agency said planning for the event has been underway for months in fact, since CDC officials took part in a radiation/nuclear incident exercise led by the Federal Emergency Management Agency last April, Kathy Harben said in an email.

CDC participants felt it would be a good way to discuss public health preparedness and share resources with states and other partners. State and local partners also have expressed interest in this topic over time, she said.

Still, the timing of the announcement was eerie, coming on the heels of back-to-back threats exchanged between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump.

15:30

Shapeshift Throws Its Support Behind the Bits Standard for Measuring Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Shapeshift Throws Its Support Behind the Bits Standard for Measuring Bitcoin

Bitcoin developer Jimmy Song is on a mission to redefine the default standard for measuring bitcoin. If Song has his way, BTC will be recorded in bits by default, with each bit corresponding to one thousandth of a bitcoin. His Bitcoin Improvement Proposal for bits was submitted in December and this week, the plan came a step closer to reality after Shapeshifts Erik Voorhees threw his weight behind the plan.

Also read: Jimmy Song Uses Andreas Antonopoulos Model, Open Sources Forthcoming Book

One Bitcoin, One Thousand Bits

The notion of rebranding bitcoin so that the cryptocurrency can be referenced in more relatable amounts is not a new one. Previous suggestions included referring to 0.001 or one thousandth of a bitcoin as a millibit. In an op-ed in early December, news.Bitcoin.com wrote:

With BTC/USD now running into five figures seven if you include decimal points bitcoin has become unwieldy. Its time to consider alternative ways of measuring the cryptocurrency, especially when dealing with fractions of a coin.

A coupl...

15:28

RV/INTELLIGENCE ALERT January 5, 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The current situation remains the same. No significant developments. Sources have become very quiet. The cabal are still being rounded up and their plans foiled by the Alliance. Insiders such Continue Reading

Het bericht RV/INTELLIGENCE ALERT January 5, 2018 verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

15:27

Zombie Survival Kit: Yes, You Really Do Need One "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Cmon, weve all done it. Youre sitting around binge watching The Walking Dead, and you wonder: how would I survive a zombie outbreak? What do I need in a zombie survival kit? Its a surprisingly interesting question to answer and makes for a genuinely useful thought experiment. So much so, that in recent years the study of zombies has become something of a science in itself seriously.

Zombie Research is a Real Thing

Take this study from researchers at the University of Leicester, which concluded humanity would be totally wiped out by zombies in a little over three months. Meanwhile, back in 2015 biostatistics researchers from Kent State University published a piece in the British Medical Journal explicitly calling for research and funding to prevent a zombie apocalypse. Even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a page dedicated to zombie preparedness.

All this might seem a bit ridiculous, given that weve never actually seen a zombie outbreak (except, of course,  on Black Friday).

But thats not the point.

As zombie researcher Dr. Tara Smith explained, our imaginary undead foes arent the idle fantasy they might appear to be. For one, Smith noted zombies reflect current social ills or fears.

She pointed to the classic Night of the Living Dead, and how its zombie inducing radioactive satellite represented a mix of fears stemming from the onset of the Atomic Age, then-emerging space travel and the Cold War. On the other hand, more modern zombie flicks have more of a focus on the pandemic element, reflect...

15:09

Ad Agency Comes Up With Unique Idea Of Featuring Backyard Cricket In Summer Campaign "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT A local team of advertising creatives and account directors have today congratulated themselves on the success of their new ad campaign aimed at selling laundry detergent. The inner-circle of the gossip-charge Inner-South Betoota advertising agency, Tsaabi, Tsaabi & Ksaabi, says they really should have jumped on this idea a few years back []

The post Ad Agency Comes Up With Unique Idea Of Featuring Backyard Cricket In Summer Campaign appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

15:00

Nurses and Healthcare Workers Across the U.S. Are Refusing Mandatory Flu Vaccines "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

The Truth Behind Flu Shot Mandates for Healthcare Workers

by Claire Dwoskin, Founder, Childrens Medical Safety Research Institute
Special to Health Impact News

When you are sick, injured or just need a check-up, you trust that your doctor is giving you valid, conflict-free, evidence-based advice on what is best for your health.

The last thing you want to believe is that your doctor is putting a drug companys interests, or their own, over your health.

Many hospitals allow nurses to stay employed while choosing to refuse the mandatory flu vaccine if they wear a mask at work during the entire flu season. Photo from Nurses Against Mandatory Vaccines Facebook Page.

Read Entire Article

14:59

Cruise Ship Passengers Looking Forward To Experiencing Gastro "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact A senior Betoota Grove couple has spent this past week keeping their fluids up because theyre about to board the Pacific Pearl, a popular cruise ship in the South Pacific. Glenda and Colin Masseman have told The Advocate this afternoon that they look forward to experiencing everything the cruise life brings, []

The post Cruise Ship Passengers Looking Forward To Experiencing Gastro appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

14:51

Man Pulls Mate Aside During Party For Heartfelt Discussion About How Good The Pills Are "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT In the middle of a heaving nightclub celebrating the last few days before work returns, a local man has made a point of pushing through the crowds to grab his other mate. Chase dodges through the crowd, while blowing air into the front of his mouth and cupping it together with pursed lips. []

The post Man Pulls Mate Aside During Party For Heartfelt Discussion About How Good The Pills Are appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

14:47

This thread Will never die! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Just post any random thought you have.Anything, just out of the blue, will do.I've always wanted to make a thread like this.One that would stay up for like a year :lol: or more.

KEEP IT CLEAN!!!!! and HAVE FUN!

14:47

Message from Mike Quinsey 1-5-18 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

A new Mike Quinsey. Especially the bolded parts align with much of what Ive been sensing during these recent times. Some of these were touched on in this recent Kp Radio Hawaii show.

the dust has settled and now you should be able to see the beginning of changes that are going to carry you forward. As you must already be aware, much is being held back until the right time to be released, and that really means the safe time. After all of the planning and preparations that have been made they will not be spoilt by rushing them into being. Indeed, there are a number of issues involved and as long as everything is done at the appropriate time, you will enjoy a period of great upliftment.

you are well past the marker of 2012 and ever since that time, many Lightworkers have been able to progress and prepare for the times to come. Much has already been prepared so that when circumstances permit, you will be able to enjoy the prospect of many advancements that can commence in comparative safety. Then you shall see what you have been waiting for and Humanity will be overjoyed at the results. By focussing on the future you will be helping to speed up its manifestation, because you do have a hand in determining how things work out The surprise for you was having left the old vibrations behind, you also gained a new start with as you would say a clean sheet with none of the old energies remaining.

It has been a very long time since you reached this point in your evol...

14:41

HP laptop battery recall "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

HP Recalls 50,000 Lithium-Ion Laptop Batteries Over Fire Risk

The recall affects batteries sold with, or as accessories for, the following models: HP Probook 640 G2, HP ProBook 640 G3, HP ProBook 645 G2, HP ProBook 645 G3, HP ProBook 650 G2, HP ProBook 650 G3, HP ProBook 655 G2, HP ProBook 655 G3, HP ZBook 17 G3, HP ZBook 17 G4, HP ZBook Studio G3, HP x360 310 G2, HP Pavilion...
HP laptop battery recall

14:32

Office Joker Incredibly Threatened By New Employee With The Yarns "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

KENT REGINALD | Entertainment | CONTACT A local office worker whos always been a bit of a jokester is today feeling incredibly threatened by the new guy who just started, after the new employee started making jokes that are actually funny. Barry Milson, a regional manager at a mid-level Betoota finance company, has always prided himself on being the []

The post Office Joker Incredibly Threatened By New Employee With The Yarns appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

14:31

How to Download Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House Now as a Free Audiobook "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Despite cease and desist orders issued by the president's lawyers, Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House is now out and it's the #1 bestselling book on Amazon. If you want a print copy, you'll have to wait 2-4 weeks. But there are some more immediate options: You can instantly snag a copy in Kindle format (price $14.99). Or download it as an audio book essentially for free.

If you start a 30 day free trial with Audible.com, you can download two free audio books of your choice. At the end of 30 days, you can decide whether you want to become an Audible subscriber or not. (I definitely recommend the service.) No matter what you decide, you get to keep the two free audiobooks. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House can be one of them. It runs 12 hours.

To sign up for Audible's free trial program here, follow the prompts/instructions on this page.

NB: Audible is an Amazon.com subsidiary, and we're a member of their affiliate program. Also, this post is not an endorsement of the book. (We haven't read it yet.) It's simply an fyi on how you can "read" a bestselling book that's in short supply.

Follow Open Culture on Facebook and Twitter and share intelligent media with your friends. Or better yet, sign up for our daily email and get a daily dose of Open Culture in your inbox. 

If you'd like to support Open Culture and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. It's hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us provide the best free cultural and educ...

14:11

The Christian Century "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Christian Century (partial serial archives)

Portrait Sculpture (Harrison) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Portrait Sculpture (Athenian Agora series, v1; Princeton: American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 1953), by Evelyn B. Harrison (PDF in Greece)

Coins from the Roman Through the Venetian Period (Thompson) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Coins from the Roman Through the Venetian Period (Athenian Agora series, v2; Princeton: American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 1954), by Margaret Thompson (PDF in Greece)

Literary and Epigraphical Testimonia (Wycherley) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Literary and Epigraphical Testimonia (Athenian Agora series, v3; Princeton: American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 1957), by R. E. Wycherley (PDF in Greece)

Greek Lamps and Their Survivals (Howland) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Greek Lamps and Their Survivals (Athenian Agora series, v4; Princeton: American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 1958), by Richard Hubbard Howland (PDF in Greece)

Pottery of the Roman Period (Robinson) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Pottery of the Roman Period: Chronology (Athenian Agora series, v5; Princeton: American School of Classical Studies at Athens, 1959), by Henry S. Robinson (PDF in Greece)

The Situation in Java (Visman) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Situation in Java: A Composite of Lectures Delivered Before the Netherlands Study Group in New York City on Nov. 5, 1945, and the Overseas Press Club in New York City on November 14, 1945 (New York: Netherlands Information Bureau, ca. 1945), by Frans H. Visman (multiple formats at archive.org)

Hearings Regarding the Communist Infiltration of the Motion Picture Industry (United States. Congress. House. Committee on Un-American Activities) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Hearings Regarding the Communist Infiltration of the Motion Picture Industry: Hearings Before the Committee on Un-American Activities, House of Representatives, Eightieth Congress, First Session (Washington: GPO, 1947), by United States House Committee on Un-American Activities (multiple formats at archive.org)

Oscar Wilde and Myself (Douglas) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Oscar Wilde and Myself (New York: Duffield and Co., 1914), by Alfred Bruce Douglas (page images at HathiTrust)

History "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

History (partial serial archives)

14:06

8 Superfoods to Supercharge Your Life "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Dr. Michelle Kmiec; Wake Up World

Powerful Foods for Optimal Health

The term Superfoods refers to a category of mostly plant-based foods that are known for their health-enhancing and disease preventing properties. And though there is no scientific definition of superfood though there should be it is generally accepted that these power foods contain an abundance of vitamins, minerals and other health enhancing components such as:

• Antioxidants: natural substances that prevent or delay cell damage that can lead to diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimers disease.
  • Phytochemicals: naturally occurring chemical compounds that give plants their vibrant colors and distinctive aromas, and that possess health enhancing and disease preventing properties.
  • Fiber: necessary for a healthy digestion system allowing for maximum absorption of life-giving nutrients.
  • Healthy Fats: needed for heart and cardiovascular health, optimal brain function, and energy.

Here are eight of the more popular superfoods that should be on your grocery list!
Read more

14:05

Standing for Christ in an Age When Atheism Is Fashionable "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Standing for Christ in an Age When Atheism Is Fashionable

(By Hanne Herland) We live in an age where many question Christianity. It somehow has become fashionable to be an atheist. The mainstream media constantly focus on negative news about Christians. Believers in God are told that they are old-fashioned, outdated and simply out of touch with reality. And many young people struggle, as they dont quite know how to approach this fervent disdain. This is why it is more important than ever to educate yourself on how to defend the faith, how to rationally and spiritually explain the

Christian belief to those who, out of ignorance, think that belief in God belongs to the past. Read The Culture War: How the West Lost its Greatness and get the tools. Remember that atheism is a faith like any other, the belief in nothing and the assortment that the universe is empty. None of them ever went out there to check, so how do they know there is no God, angels or devils out there? They assume based on faith. Atheism is a religion, they strongly believe that God is dead and mankind is the only source of light, which is impossible to prove empirically. READ MORE

14:01

Tired of Waiting? How to Thrive When Your Life Feels On Hold "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Julia Cousens; tiny buddha

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. ~Johann Wolfang von Goethe

Silence. Not a word.

Another day is over. The news you were waiting for didnt arrive.

Everyone else around you keeps moving. They know where theyre going.

You dont. You watch the days go by and think of all the things you could have done. You feel like youre wasting your time.

It seems pretty pointless. Youre not where you want to be.

Sometimes we have to wait. You left one job, but the next one is not yet here. You want to go back to the soccer field, but your injury is not yet healed. Youre stuck in a city you just want to leave behind. Or you just simply dont know what to do next.

In May, my husband and I moved across the world from Germany, my home for over twenty-five years, to Canada, his home country. We had already applied for permanent residence for me months before we came.
Read more

14:00

DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 409 everyday and organizing! "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

Welcome to DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 409 Every Friday, 7 PM through Wednesday 11 PM Pacific Hello everyone! And a happy new organizing-to-come year to you! So, a little surprise today. Remember way back when this party hosted 2 linkups? One regular and one themed? Lets try that again! So youll see one link up with []

The post DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 409 everyday and organizing! appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.

14:00

Why I Needed You to Fight for Me. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

I was scared of being rejected. I was scared of being alone after you left the room. I was scared that no one else would find me lovable. 

13:56

Kazakhstan Catholic Leaders Declare Divorced People Living in Sin Asking for Holy Communion Is Blasphemy "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Kazakhstan Catholic Leaders Declare Divorced People Living in Sin Asking for Holy Communion Is Blasphemy

Roman Catholic Church leaders in Kazakhstan have declared that it would be blasphemy if divorced people living with someone else would dare ask for Holy Communion.  Auxiliary Bishop Athanasius Schneider of Astana told Catholic News Service in an article on Thursday that divorced people living with someone else would not dare ask for Holy Communion because they know they are living in a situation of sin. It would be blasphemy.

Other church leaders, including Archbishop Tomash Peta of Astana and Archbishop Jan Pawel Lenga of Karaganda, all signed a statement in December proclaiming the immutable truths about sacramental marriage. The three bishops said that neither they nor any other bishops can authorize Communion for Catholics who are divorced and remarried unless the previous marriage has been annulled.  READ MORE

13:50

Louisiana Says Its OK to Live Your Faith in Public Schools "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Louisiana Says Its OK to Live Your Faith in Public Schools

Louisiana officials are making it clear that U.S. public schools do not need to be religion-free zones. On Tuesday, state Attorney General Jeff Landry and U.S. Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., released the Louisiana Students Rights Review, a 15-page guide that lays out the rights of teachers and students for practicing their faith in public schools. Its a document that Landry suggests is long overdue. Despite court ruling

after court ruling affirming our constitutional rights of freedom of speech and expression, there remains confusion on the practical application of those rights in public schools, the attorney general said in a statement. So Congressman Johnson and I have put this publication together to help answer some of the most frequently asked questions and misconceptions about the law in this area, he said. READ MORE

13:45

U.S. Muslim Population Growing Rapidly! "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

U.S. Muslim Population Growing Rapidly!

Pew Research Center came out this week with an updated estimate of the American Muslim population, which is sure to cause a stir on all sides of the issue. The new numbers come in at 3.45 million Muslims living legally in the U.S. in 2017. That represents only 1.1 percent of the U.S. population but its up, by Pews estimates, from 3.31 million in 2016. The U.S. Muslim population grows by about 100,000 every

year, according to the Pew study. The Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, says Pews estimates are way off, and that the true number is roughly double, in the 6 to 8 million range and that was more than two years ago. Muslim advocacy groups such as the Council on American Islamic Relations routinely cite a span of 6 million to 8 million people in describing the size of Islam in America. That would be between 2 percent and 3 percent of the U.S. population and make Muslims greater in number than Mormons or Jews, CAIR stated on its website in March 2015. READ MORE

13:40

Companies Warned To Replace All Computer Hardware Or Risk Spectre Attack .. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Companies Warned To Replace All Computer Hardware Or Risk Spectre Attack ..

Two major flaws in computer chips could leave a huge number of computers and smartphones vulnerable to security concerns, researchers revealed Wednesday. And a U.S. government-backed body warned that the chips themselves need to be replaced to completely fix the problems. The flaws could allow an attacker to read sensitive data stored in the memory, like passwords, or look at what tabs someone has open on their computer, researchers found. Daniel Gruss, a researcher from Graz

University of Technology who helped identify the flaw, said it may be difficult to execute an attack, but billions of devices were impacted. Called Meltdown and Spectre, the flaws exist in processors, a building block of computers that acts as the brain. Modern processors are designed to perform something called speculative execution. That means they predict what tasks they will be asked to execute and rapidly access multiple areas of memory at the same time. READ MORE

13:30

Democratic National Committee Deputy Chair Keith Ellison Tweets Selfie Posing With Antifa Handbook "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Keith Ellison Poses With Antifa Handbook

Photo of Amber Athey
Amber Athey
Media Reporter

13:19

Local Chicken Shop Feels The Wrath Of 1 Star Review From Joint Facebook Account "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

LOUIS BURKE | Food | CONTACT After a negative experience at a local chicken shop, semi-retirees Lionel and Linda decided to take matters all the way to the top by complaining on the businesss Facebook page. From their shared account, LindaandLionel Norman, the couple posted this 1-star review on the Facebook page of Juicy Charcoal Takeaway: I had to []

The post Local Chicken Shop Feels The Wrath Of 1 Star Review From Joint Facebook Account appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

13:11

UNDERGROUND WORLD NEWS LIVE 1/5/18 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/144a0764-f677-3cc7-aa1b-cff0855b45d4/ss_mount-st.-helens-is-rumbling.html

https://www.rt.com/usa/415011-bannon-trump-israel-collusion/

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tell-trump-family-reveals-separate-180812071.html

https://watchers.news/2018/01/05/brilliant-blue-green-fireball-explodes-over-minnesota-manitoba-and-ontario/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.king5.com/article/news/local/seismic-activity-detected-near-rattlesnake-ridge-crack/281-505123461?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a4fdccd04d30136596d8576&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

https://www.rt.com/usa/415011-bannon-trump-israel-collusion/

Your Support of Independent Media Is Appreciated:
Bitcoin Address- 1KbDZijL3jVJGyea3zhanUwPbnCE9op2mk

Lite Coin LMpmVuR5vHVYdrgMsauPskGQS5v9YCpuxm

https://www.paypal.me/dahboo7

https://www.patreon.com/dahboo7

Get Free Crypto Coins Daily, No strings Attached!
https://qoinpro.com/8620aa802b989cb4fbd962c0aecf284c

Get Free Bitcoin Cash Every 24 Hours!
http://blocksize.party/

Official Gear- https://teespring.com/stores/dahboo7

www.undergroundworldnews.com

https://www.minds.com/DAHBOO7

My Other Youtube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/Dahboo777

https://vid.me/DAHBOO7

https://www.facebook.com/TheUndergroundWorldNews

https://www.instagram.com/dahboo7/

13:11

Self-inflicted Philosophy and the Power of Self-overcoming "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding. ~Terence McKenna

You are a pivot with a point of view. You are a wave crashing onto the shores of eternity. You are a unique independent soul-signature emerging from a universal interdependence.. You are the cosmos becoming aware of itself. And you are vital for the progressive evolution of the interconnectedness of all things, whether you realize it or not.

But you must overcome yourself to understand this. Codependence must be overcome by independence must be overcome by interdependence. You must transcend your uninitiated ego to engage your self-actualized ego. In short: you must philosophically crush out

Forget know thyself:

To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day. ~Lao Tzu

Embrace question thyself, humble thyself, and rebirth thyself instead.

On the surface, the Ancient Greek aphorism know thyself seems like pretty good advice. But the deeper you dig into it, you begin to see how impossible the task truly is.

You can never really know yourself. You can question yourself. You can deconstruct yourself. You can transform yourself. But knowing yourself is like trying to know running water. Its constantly changing. Its always moving, transforming, and adapting. Its never the same thing in any given moment.

The best you can ever do is loosely understand yourself. So in order to come to a greater understanding of yourself, embrace question thyself, humble thyself, and rebirth thyself instead. These aphorisms are philosophical kick-starters. They shove you out of your comfort zone. They launch you outside the tiny box of thought. They push you past the stifling envelope of rules. They bitch-slap the ego out of the way so that mind-body-soul can burst through.

This is where philosophy becomes self-inflicted, imposed, exacted, wreaked, and meted out. This is where a philosophy as unique as your own fingerprint is fertilized and begins to gestate.

Without questioning, humbling, and re-birthing there can be no fertilization. There is merely what has come before: the typical, the standard, the mainstream, the average, the conventional, the orthodoxy, and the predictable. But with questioning, humbling, and re-birthing there can be fertilization. There is the potential for creativity and novelty: for the atypical, for the unorthodox, for the uncommon, for the extraordinary, for the never-before-seen to reveal itself.

Self-inflicted has a ruthlessness to it that propels you past your fears. It gets you out of yo...

13:00

How The CIA Used Feminism To Destabilize Society "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

"In the 1960s, the elite media invented second-wave feminism as part of the elite agenda to dismantle civilization and create a New World Order."

Since writing these words last week, I have discovered that before she became a feminist leader, Gloria Steinem worked for the CIA spying on Marxist students in Europe and disrupting their meetings.

She became a media darling due to her CIA connections. MS Magazine, which she edited for many years was indirectly funded by the CIA.

Steinem has tried to suppress this information, unearthed in the 1970s by a radical feminist group called "Red Stockings."

Read Entire Article

12:55

Cryptocurrency Valuations Have Created Very Wealthy Founders "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cryptocurrency Valuations Have Created Very Wealthy Founders

Bitcoin has been on a tear for well over a year now, but a few other cryptocurrencies have increased in value far more than BTC. This past week the two digital assets ripple (XRP) and ethereum (ETH) have spiked in value exponentially, making the founders of these projects some of the wealthiest men in the world Right up there with bitcoins creator Satoshi Nakamoto.

Also read: Visa Veto Leaves Several European Cryptocurrency Cards Locked Out

The Founders of Bitcoin, Ripple, and Ethereum Are Among the Richest Individuals On Earth

Cryptocurrency Valuations Have Created Very Wealthy FoundersThe total market capitalization of all the digital assets combined is currently over $770Bn and is quickly approaching the $1 trillion mark. A bunch of cryptocurrencies have been rising, but four digital assets in particular, bitcoin core, ethereum, ripple, and bitcoin cash as well, have made the founders of these projects very rich. It is believed that at one time Satoshi Nakamoto may have mined over 1 million BTC during the first year the original bitcoin codebase was born. RSK Labs chief scientist, Sergio Lerner, has done quite a bit of research on the fo...

12:55

How we recreated Amazon Go in 36 hours "IndyWatch Feed Education"

John Choi, me, our project apparatus, Ruslan Nikolaev, and Soheil Hamidi at our demo!

My colleagues and I wanted to create something that would make people go wow at our latest hackathon.

https://medium.com/media/23e52b8d0f4af59b9ea422f9de4a948a/href

Before I explain what it took to make this, heres the 3 minute demo of what we built!

https://medium.com/media/f0ec98d36831bb08f4eb03d4ea6cc912/href

There were four of us. Ruslan, a great full-stack developer who had experience working with Python. John, an amazing iOS developer. Soheil, another great full-stack developer who had experience with Raspberry Pi. And finally, there was me, on the tail end of an Android developer internship.

I quickly realized that there were a lot of moving parts to this project. Amazon Go works on the basis of real-time proximity sensors in conjunction with a real-time database of customers and their carts.

We also wanted to take things a step further and make the...

12:35

I found my Breath in an imperfect Cup of Tea. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

To sip our cup of tea in silence is to breathe. To smell the tea allows us to appreciate the process of how the tea is brought to us. Every sip is a chance to strip away all of the unnecessary noise and junk, and instead focus on what matters most to us. Whenever I enjoy a cup of tea, I enjoy that moment.

12:35

Wind Power Supplied Almost Half of Denmarks Energy in 2017 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Go, Denmark! In 2015, the Scandinavian country proved its possible for an entire nation to go green when it sourced 42 percent of its power from wind. Last year, it beat that record by relying on wind power for 43.6 percent of its electricity needs. Before long, its expected Denmark will be able to supply almost half of its energy from the renewable source and that is exciting.

Renewables Now reports that Denmark has effectively doubled its wind energy production since 2001. Such is a result of investing in larger turbines which have increased efficiencies. In fact, the number of turbines has declined by 20 percent, while output has continued to rise.

Denmarks next goal is to reach 50 percent wind energy by 2020. Around the same time, the country should be able to generate 80 percent of its electricity from renewable sources, such as biomass and solar power. As a result of this development, Denmark has proven itself a leader in both citizen happiness and sustainability.

Credit: Wonderful Engineering

Prime minister Lars Lkke Rasmussen applauded the milestone in a New Years speech, cited by Danish Energy. Rasmussen said that Vestas, one of the worlds largest wind turbine companies (which is based in Denmark) is already selling their green technology around the world. As such, it is only a matter of time before other countries invest in clean energy and make milestones of their own. As Inhabitat reports, Vesta recently announced a 96-megawatt order for a wind farm in India.

Said Lars Aagaard, the CEO of Dansk Energi:

[] we have opened a new chapter in the green change. It is equally important to look at how we best use the amazing resource, that we have a cheap, green...

12:22

Dont You Dare Complain Says Darwin "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT While residents in New South Wales, South Australia and Victoria are today being reminded that when it feels warm outside, it is a good idea to drink water so your body doesnt stop working, our often forgotten cousins in the Top End are once again feeling bitter about all of the sympathy being []

The post Dont You Dare Complain Says Darwin appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

12:05

Do We Really Create Our Own Reality? The Myths and Dangers of New Age Belief "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Some believe that we are responsible for creating our own reality, for regulating and determining our experience. I think this is only partially true, and if you look closely at your own life, you might also notice the fallacies in this New Age meme.

We unconsciously choose experiences by way of the neural circuits laid down in our brains from past learning (conditioning). This is why we attract situations that allow us to recreate old patterns the circuitry from prior learning experiences is already laid down in our nervous system and we act on it. However, we also are capable of making choices that are not conditioned responses, especially if we recognize our habitual responses habits that are comfortable, however unhealthy and limiting.

Making new, positive, pattern-breaking choices often causes fear, even though these choices allow us to grow and live better lives. We fear what is unknown, what is foreign to us, even if it is healthier than what is known and unhealthy. It takes consciously recognizing this dynamic, or we are likely to remain comfortably numb or simply recoil in fear when presented with new, life-affirming choices.

If we believe that we create our own reality, when life inevitably falls apart, we can then easily blame ourselves for failing, not being good enough, strong enough, or whatever-enough, to have prevented these downturns because, the logic goes, we create our own reality. But what if we recognize that we dont always create our own reality, that we are only partially in control (and sometimes never), that bad things happen to us beyond our control (just examine your life), and that events can affect us beyond our ability to cope? Well, then we wouldnt have to blame ourselves for all that goes wrong; we would also be more in touch with reality, and make room and allowance to be kinder to ourselves, and others.

Finally, when we recognize that we can only fail at things we have control over, this frees us up for more self-compassion and compassion for others.

Shame and Blame

The belief that our thoughts create our reality is as seductive as it is misleading. It would be nice if we had unlimited power to change things, but we dont have total control over life. Other people have free will and make decisions based upon their own needs and predilections. We delude ourselves if...

12:02

Crypto Euphoria As Lemonade Making Company Buying Bitcoin Miners "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Long Blockchain, formerly Long Island Iced Tea, has issued 1.6 mln shares to raise money to buy Bitcoin mining rigs. #NEWS

12:01

Do You See Them Often? Different Colored Spirit Orbs and Their True Meaning "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Have you ever noticed those orbs lingering on old photos? What do you think they are?

Depending on who you ask you will get tons of different answers. While lots of people will say they are just dust particles or mere drops of moisture on the lens, I believe they are something more. They are spheres of energy.

While most orbs will be white in color, they can be found in a variety of colors. These orbs are spirits from those passes and our guardians from above. These spirits are generally harmless and are only making themselves known in minuscule ways. Capturing orbs in your photos should not be something that brings about fear, it should make you feel better knowing those guiding you on your path are always by your side. Below you will find a list of meanings that go along with each different color orb you may see.

Clear or Transparent Orbs

These are the most common and simply mean that a spirit is trying to make itself known. When this happens you may even become overwhelmed with a specific emotion. Do not be alarmed, the spirit is just making sure you know it is there.

Purple Orbs

These orbs hold information. For those who do not know purple is a very spiritual color. When you see orbs of this color orb you need to really question things within.

Green Orbs

Green orbs represent healing and are generally associated with love and kindness. If you see this color orb you are on the right track. The spirit world is letting you know there are good things to come.

Yellow Orbs

These orbs should signify that you need to be cautious in life. Your angels are warning you of something to come. Be very aware.

White or Silver Orbs

These orbs are very positive in energy. They are offering you protection from negative things in your life. If you notice these kinds of orbs you might want to stop and thank your spirit guides for what they are working towards doing for you.

Black Orbs

Black orbs are a sign of danger. When you see these in photos you need to be cautious. The danger is much more imminent in this color.

Red Orbs

Red or orangeish red orbs represent safety. If you see these colored orbs you are where you need to be. From these you can draw great strength.

Have you ever seen a spirit orb before and if so what color was the one you saw? I see them quite frequently and mine are usually clear or white.

11:20

How to be a Sexy Beast. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Oh hey there, man. I know you aren't trying to be sexy, but you are.

11:18

How to Move From a Broken Heart to an Open Heart. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

My first reaction in all of the shock and heartbreak, was to close in on myself. I wanted to build a barricade around my heart, buy new padlocks, and generally figure out a way to keep people out and all my love in. I couldn't figure out how I could trust again, much less love again.

11:16

Column: Side Effects of Extreme Caregiving "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way.

-Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

The close of caregiving feels very much like the start of A Tale of Two Cities: there is an awakening and a realization that time has become before and after.  Caregiving lies in a middle that is both the best and the worst of times without end.

End of caregiving [Pixabay].

When the caregiving comes to a close, like the New Year, there is an awakening and a realization that time is divided into before  and  after.  Before encompasses a world stitched carefully with known faces, paths, goals, and dreams.  Even the most unpredictable lives have a rhythm that shatters in the maze of change that accompanies the act of caregiving.   Before  is thinking that the disease, illness, or disability can signal an outward change for the individual receiving care.  For the giving care, the middle is a journey that tears the person from the fabric of normal behavior.  Whether the timeline is a few hours or decades, the side effects of  giving care may hit with suddenness or in a gradual manner.

Big Changes

The world shrinks over time to just the needs of the person receiving care or the situation that takes up more time than expected. The choice to give care is tested by changes in the foundational areas of relationships, social circles, finances, health status, and faith.

Relationships. The large circle of friends and family members who are there during the before stage may drift away. Giving of care or being present is not a disease, but strolling on Facebook late at night sees many caregivers posting frustrations with the lack of family support, friend support, someone to j...

11:15

The Top 5 Tiny House Tours Of 2017 "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

2017 has been an amazing year. We have travelled all over the globe filming seeking out great examples of small space design. There were so many amazing homes to choose from that it was hard to create a top 5 list. That being said, I think there were some really stand-out designs, and so these are my 5 favourite tiny house tours of 2017.

YouTube

-

11:10

A Prayer for when Youre Broken & Empty. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

At a time in my life when I felt broken and empty, I was struck with how sensible this was. It made sense to me that healing requires all of our internal resources, including our spirit, our ultimate internal resource.

11:09

An aqueous extract of pomegranate alone or in combination with citalopram produces antidepressant-like effects. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Dec 19 ;18(12). Epub 2017 Dec 19. PMID: 29257042 Abstract Title:  Aqueous Extract of Pomegranate Alone or in Combination with Citalopram Produces Antidepressant-Like Effects in an Animal Model of Menopause: Participation of Estrogen Receptors. Abstract:  It has been reported that the aqueous extract of pomegranate (AE-PG) has polyphenols with estrogenic-like activities. The present work determines if AE-PG alone or in combination with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, citalopram, has antidepressant-like effects. It was also analyzed the participation of estrogen receptors (ER). AE-PG (0.1, 1.0, 10, or 100 mg/kg) was evaluated in ovariectomized female Wistar rats subjected to the forced swimming test. The effects induced by AE-PG were compared with those of citalopram (2.5, 5.0, 10, and 20.0 mg/kg) and 17-estradiol (E2; 2.5 5.0, and 10 g/rat). Likewise, the combination of suboptimal doses of AE-PG (0.1 mg/kg) plus citalopram (2.5 mg/kg) was evaluated. To determine if ER participates in the antidepressant-like action of pomegranate, the estrogen antagonist tamoxifen (15 mg/kg) was administered with AE-PG (1 mg/kg). AE-PG produced antidepressant-like actions with a similar behavioral profile induced by citalopram and E2. Suboptimal doses of citalopram plus AE-PG produced antidepressant-like effects. Tamoxifen was able to block AE-PG's antidepressant-like actions. These results confirm the participation of ER in AE-PG's antidepressant-like effects. Furthermore, the additive effects observed with the combined treatment of AE-PG plus citalopram could be advantageous in the treatment of depressive disorders, such as menopause.

read more

11:02

Romanian and East European Modern Art "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Stefan_Luchian_-_La_impartitul_porumbului

tefan Luchian: At Maize Share. La mpritul porumbului, oil on canvas, Muzeul Naional de Art al Romniei din Bucureti

On the 6th of January 1868, the Romanian painter Stefan Luchian was born in tefneti, a village in Botoani, Romania. When he was still young, he moved to Bucharest, where he trained under Nicolae Grigorescu at the National University of Art. He studied a short spell at the Munich Fine Arts Academy where he copied masters such as Correggio and Rembrandt, then at the Acadmie Julian in Paris under Bouguereau, but was deeper influenced by the trendy Impressionists.

At the time, Paris was the Mecca for nineteenth-century European artists, who tried to enrich their countries traditional repertoire of icon-painting and church decoration, most ending up greatly influenced by th...

11:00

What to Do when you are Feeling Unloved, Unloving & Unlovable. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

It has been one of the most challenging, yet rewarding, lessons I have learned. It has taken me 50 years to truly understand and appreciate this kind of love.

11:00

Portrait of an Old Man with a Beard and Red Hat, Rembrandt, 1654 "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Portrait of an Old Man with a Beard and Red Hat, Rembrandt, 1654

10:57

Tiny Solar Heater "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I have a 119 Sq Ft house located at 7500 feet in the Rocky Mountains. The house is inhabited sporadically 1-2 weeks a month. I am looking to add a little heat to:
-Take the chill off when I am not there
-Add capabilities for charging devices and a night light down the road

I wanted to bounce this idea off and hopefully get some feedback!

Take 1 or 2 solar panels, ~200-400 watts @12v $100-200 and mount it on the roof.
Buy an automotive heater with thermostat and hardwire that baby to the...

Tiny Solar Heater

10:55

Dogecoin Developers Lament Billion Dollar Market Cap Milestone "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Dogecoin Developers Lament Billion Dollar Market Cap Milestone

Following last months boom in price, Dogecoin now boasts a total market capitalization of over $1 billion USD. Curiously, the price milestone appears to have garnered criticism from the projects developers and creator who have criticized the preponderance of speculative considerations within the cryptocurrency markets.

Also Read: Stellar Rockets into the Cryptocurrency Top 10 After Tripling in a Week

Dogecoin Now Boasts a $1.16 Billion Market Cap

The Dogecoin markets reached the historic 10-figure threshold following DOGEs 400% price gains that were witnessed during December 2017. As of this writing, the price of the DOGE is testing resistance at the recently established all-time high of approximately $0.0105.

10:55

Reclusive Bannon renounces the Alt-Jedi "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Steve Bannon has revealed that he left the White House swearing never again to train another Alt-Jedi after the last one went spectacularly bad. A haggard and remorseful Bannon said, The Republican Party was my life, spreading darkness throughout the galaxy, until my last student has proved a terrible disappointment. He has sucked all the dignity out of dystopia.

It was bad enough that Donald wears a ridiculous orange mask in a vain attempt to look as tanned as his true hero, Darth-Obama, who is in any case from the wrong side of the Force, continued Bannon. But the beginning of the end came when he introduced Jar-Jar-Binks, known by some as Nigel Farage, as a close but unofficial adviser. That ruined the whole franchise for me, having a wet, rubbery, puppet with a silly accent prancing around in the Death Star golden elevator. The Alt-Jedi should just be allowed to die after that.

Trump has now slain all of his closest lieutenants, keeping only the protocol-droid known as Mike Pence by his side. In a belated attempt to keep the galaxy safe, the CIA-resistance has supplied Trump with a shiny, red, fake death-star button to keep him entertained. It only looks big in Donalds hands, said Bannon, ruefully. May the Farce be with you.

10:54

The Value Of Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Value Of Bitcoin

So... in the past week, Ive been asked for advice on Bitcoin by my brother-in-law, my local realtor, and close friends from as far away as Texas.

None of them cared to learn what it actually is. Or how it works. They just wanted to understand why suddenly so many folks they know are trying to buy Bitcoin hand over fist. And, of course, should they buy in now, too?

If you (or people you care about) have similar questions, this report is for you.