IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Wednesday, 10 January

02:05

Three Things to Save Humanity in 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Health"

I believe there are three important efforts which can save humanity in 2018 and lead to a bright and glorious future for all of us By Kent Heckenlively, JD   (Banned by Commonwealth Club of California in 2015 and Banned by Australia in 2017.  Who will ban me in 2018?) Call it the Heckenlively Battle Continue reading Three Things to Save Humanity in 2018

The post Three Things to Save Humanity in 2018 appeared first on BolenReport.

02:00

WW3 Fears Spiked After Ground Shaking Explosion Occurred Over Russia "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

flashoverrussia

A mysterious flash over Russia has spiked fears that the third world war has begun.  Many were worried that the ground shaking explosion over Russia was that of the United States striking North Korea with a weapon of mass destruction.

According to the Daily Mail, the phenomenon was seen and felt over thousands of miles in Russia but was especially evident in three regions: Bashkortostan, Udmurtia, and Tatarstan.  The flash was so bright, that witnesses said it turned the night into day.

Although some think the flash was nothing more than a meteor, others were concerned. Probably it was the testing of some military weapon if even the ground was shaking, said Firaya Zaripova commenting early Monday morning. I saw the flash in Menzelinsk. There was also the sound of an explosion and then a vibration, I felt it, said Ilnaz Shaykhraziev.

Another witness described the flash as an object breaking apart in the sky. A meteor burned out, not reaching the lower layers of the atmosphere. Before this it exploded and split into many small pieces. That is why there was such a sound, which came to us in a few seconds. Its a funny coincidence that such a rare phenomenon for our region has happened right over Christmas, said Denis Rozenfeld.

Russian officials and scientists were rather quick to deny there had been a Russian missile test or any reported space rock crashing to earth.  The flash also prompted fears that the United States attacked North Korea. And there has been speculation this week that North Korea was poised to test a ballistic missile or a nuke to mark tyrannical leader Kim Jong-uns birthday.

We saw this while driving there was a vibration and the sound of explosion in the sky, awesome, said Artyom Russkikh, as reported by The Siberian Times which collected witness statements of the flash on the night following Russian Orthodox Christmas Day this week....

02:00

A Short Animated Introduction to Karl Marx "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Is Karl Marxs critique of capitalism still relevant to the 21st century? Can we ever read him independently of the movements that violently seized state power in his name, claiming to represent the workers through the sole will of the Party? These are questions Marxists must confront, as must all serious defenders of capitalism, who cannot afford to ignore Marx. He understood and articulated the problems of political economy better than any theorist of his day and posed a formidable intellectual challenge to the values liberal democracies claim to espouse, and those they actually practice through economic exploitation, perpetual rent-seeking, and the alienating commodification of everything.

In his School of Life video explainer above, Alain de Botton sums up the received assessment of Communist history as disastrously planned economies and nasty dictatorships. Nevertheless, he says, we should view Marx as a guide, whose diagnosis of capitalisms ills helps us to navigate toward a more promising futurethe future of a reformed capitalism. No Marxist would ever make this argument; de Bottons video appeals to the skeptic, new to Marx and not wholly inoculated against giving him a hearing. His ideas get boiled down to some mostly uncontroversial statements: Modern work is alienating and insecure. The rich get richer while wages fall. Such theses have attained the status of self-evident truisms.

More interesting and provocative is Marxs (and Engels) notion that capitalism is bad for capitalists, in that it produces the repressive, patriarchal dominion of the nuclear family, fraught with tension, oppression, and resentment. Additionally, the imposition of economic considerations into every aspect of life renders relationships artificial and forms of life sharply constrained by the demands of the labor market. Here Marxs economic critique takes on its subtly radical feminist dimension, de Botton says, by claiming that men and women should have the permanent option to enjoy leisure, not simply the equal opportunity to sell their labor power for equal amounts of insecurity.

The video wont sway staunchly anti-communist minds, but it might make some viewers curious about what exactly it was Marx had to say. Those who turn to his...

01:55

Dallas Creates Flu Death Hysteria, But Whats The Truth? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Flu death hysteria is sweeping the nation and the world alike. We are inundated on a daily basis with headlines embellishing our death risk by flu. This years flu is being marketed in almost the...

The post Dallas Creates Flu Death Hysteria, But Whats The Truth? appeared first on Vaxxter.

01:45

August Farms vs Legacy Food Storage: Long-Term Food Storage Comparison "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Beans and rice is a food combination long known for being a low-cost and nutritionally potent. For both of those reasons, its a combo you see very often in long-term food storage products marketed toward preppers, campers, and survivalists. Augason Farms and Legacy Food Storage are two of todays leading brans for long-term food storage. . . Read More

01:38

Leisure activity involvement may help delay cognitive impairment. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Osong Public Health Res Perspect. 2017 Oct ;8(5):308-317. Epub 2017 Oct 31. PMID: 29164042 Abstract Title:  Different Effects of Cognitive and Non-exercise Physical Leisure Activities on Cognitive Function by Age in Elderly Korean Individuals. Abstract:  Objectives: We aimed to examine the effects of various leisure activities on cognitive impairment in young-old (aged 65-74 years) and old-old (aged 75 years) adults.Methods: In total, 10,279 elderly Korean individuals from the 2014 Korean National Survey on Older Adults' cohort were enrolled in our study. Cognitive impairment was assessed using the standardized score of the Mini-Mental State Examination for Dementia Screening, whereas leisure activities were recorded via self-reporting of the extent and type of leisure activity the subjects involved in over the past year. Multivariate logistic regression was used to assess the effect of leisure activities on cognitive impairment, while controlling for potential covariates.Results: The subjects were more likely to participate in cognitive activities than in non-exercise physical activities. After controlling for selected covariates, involvement in cognitive activities was found to be a significant predictor of cognitive impairment in both the groups, whereas involvement in non-exercise physical activities was not a predictor of cognitive impairment in individuals aged 75 years. Moreover, depressive symptoms, rural residence, and hearing difficulties were common predictors of cognitive impairment among elderly-Korean-individuals.Conclusion: Leisure activity involvement may help delay cognitive impairment, which is often concomitant with aging. Hence, an early intervention service may significantly benefit both young-old and old-old individuals.

read more

01:17

Watch Out for Hidden Sources of Grains What to Look for When Reading Labels "IndyWatch Feed Food"

You need to be careful when you shop, as grains, especially wheat and corn, can be found in an incredible variety of forms in processed foodshidden as additives, thickeners, coatings, or cheap bulk. Avoiding foods containing hidden grains can be difficult because wheat and corn, in particular, come in some tough-to-recognize names. You will be shocked at how many processed food products contain grainsfrozen dinners, bottled salad dressings, dry salad dressing mixes, seasoning mixes, canned soups, instant soup mixes, candy bars, licorice the majority of foods filling the aisles in supermarkets.

So it is important to recognize these aliases to remain safely grain-free. Of course, the best way to avoid hidden sources of grains is to eat whole foods that dont require labels in the first place, such as vegetables, eggs, and meats. But on those occasions when you need something with a label, such as premixed salad dressing, mayonnaise, even ketchup, its important to be aware of such hidden sources of grains. Also note that many medications and nutritional supplements contain wheat or corn.

Here are the not-so-obvious foods and ingredients that are really wheat. A question mark (?) following an item means it is either variable or uncertain (given manufacturers reluctance or inability to specify the source).

Hidden Wheat

Caramel coloring (?)

Caramel flavoring (?)

Dextri-Maltose

Emulsifiers

Farina (often in hot cereals)

Fu (gluten in Asian foods)

Gravy

Hydrolyzed vegetable protein

Maltodextrin

Modified food starch (?)

Panko (a brea...

01:00

Fart "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Many a time I have sweated with anxiety, When worried about a fart, I hope they don't misplace propriety, For this I tremble with a start. It wasn't me who cut the cheese, But maybe they'll think it was, Don't let them see me please God please, But the bastard does what he does. Everyone around suspects me clearly, With beads of sweat running down my nose, It was too late for what I discovered just merely, The real culprit striking an agrandizing pose. So when farts occur I've a new tactic at hand, I make myself disappear, Out of the room or off the land, To avoid denounciation as stinky bombardier.

CLICK FOR BONUS

01:00

What A Year of Grief Taught Me About Monuments and Memorials "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Artwork by Darshana Bolt (courtesy Serenity Bolt)

A year of grief. On December 14th, 2016, Marietta my best friend of nearly three decades, a magical person I turned to in triumph and tragedy slid off an icy road in Vermont and died. I would say that is when my year of grief began, but it started earlier: first the death of idols Bowie and Prince; then the death of country and ongoing despair of the 2016 election; then, come July, the suicide of an artist friend; and then my own visitation from the black dogs of existential crisis and depression. And yet, when the call about Marietta came, the clock skipped a moment and the world stopped spinning and the year of grief began.

As a gay man who came of age in the early 90s, when men were still dropping dead from AIDS, Im actually pretty good at mourning. I light a candle. I drink a round of shots at the bar. I remember the joy the person brought into the world. I forgive the pain they caused. I put my rage into some useful work. I survive and I help my friends survive. My gay elders taught me well. Its a cliche to say, but still, nothing prepared me for my best friends death. I had to learn that grief creeps up on you at the weirdest times, like when youre at the grocery store picking out avocados or when youre driving down the road and the sun sits just right in the sky. Earlier this year, these moments would freak me out a little because nobody wants to start crying in the produce section of grocery store, but I learned to respect them, to appreciate the spirit hovering like a blessing half in the world and half not.

Grief taught me the value of performative acts. On Mardi Gras, I carried a portion of Mariettas ashes and wandered with the Krewe of Saint Anne through the Marigny and French Quarter and eventually to the Mississippi River, where the cork of the bottle holding her got stuck and I had to borrow a wine opener before pouring her into the water as one Krewe member held my hand and another dipped giant, ribbon-covered wands to the river to bless the crowd. Behind a wooden mask, I mounted a box to the wall of my house to hold another sample of ashes. I acknowledge the anniversaries. Three months, became six, and here I am, twelve months later. Th...

00:54

Homemade blow dart help needed "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

My son is a great fan of @Bishop's so he decided to try and make a blow dart. He is using a scrap of PVC pipe and trying to make his own dart. The darts are not so easy. Currently the darts are made of paper, glue and a nail. They do not go as far as we would like. Has anyone made a homemade blow dart and what did you use? We do not have bamboo or another light weight tube to use. He is trying to use what we have and what he can scavenge. All suggestions welcome....

Homemade blow dart help needed

00:29

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - Evil AI "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Click here to go see the bonus panel!

Hovertext:
How come no's working on the forthcoming problem of Robot Ennui?

New comic!
Today's News:

00:27

SLANT: SUNRISE: January 9, 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

SUNRISE: Ariana Reiness January column

00:00

Accusations of false claims in anti-global warming paper unresolved after three years "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Three years after receiving a complaint about extensive plagiarism and major errors in an anti-global warming paper, Elsevier says its still reviewing the allegations. In 2014, readers complained to the Elsevier journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews about plagiarism and technical flaws in a 2013 paper questioning mainstream climate change science. When we first began []

The post Accusations of false claims in anti-global warming paper unresolved after three years appeared first on Retraction Watch.

00:00

Global Warming In The Sahara Desert: We Woke Up To See SNOW! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

saharasnow

It snowed 16 inches in the Sahara Desert near the town Ain Sefra in Algeria after a storm hit on Sunday. This is the third time in 40 years that snow has fallen on the city.

Residents also awoke to snow in 2016 and 2017.  But this time, they got about 16 inches of the white stuff. While the actual town of Ain Sefra only saw a few inches of snow, the sand dunes in the desert, which is on the outskirts of the town, were covered.

We were really surprised when we woke up to see snow again. It stayed all day on Sunday and began melting at around 5 pm, said Photographer Karim Bouchetata. When Bouchetata says again, the photographer is referring to another snowstorm not long ago. In 2016, the town known as The Gateway to the Desert saw deep snow shortly after Christmas and it caused chaos, with passengers stranded on buses after the roads became slippery and icy.

But children made the most of it, sledding down the desert sand dunes and building snowmen.

The cold snap comes as Europe and the United States froze in bitter temperatures. Winter Storm Grayson, battering the US east coast, has seen the sea freeze in Cape Cod, along with the Niagra Falls in stunning scenes.

Cold air was pulled down south into North Africa over the weekend as a result of high pressure over Europe, said a spokesman for the Met Office earlier. The high pressure meant the cold weather extended further south than normal. Ain Sefra is about 3,281 feet above sea level and surrounded by the Atlas Mountains.

The Sahara Desert covers most of Northern Africa and it has go...

Tuesday, 09 January

23:26

Spy Cameras Are Misreading More Than A Million Number Plates A Day "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

A report by Britains surveillance tsar has warned of problems with Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology.

While senior officers insist that the technology is needed to help prevent and solve serious crimes, the Big Brother spy cameras are misreading 1.2million number plates every day. This means that innocent motorists could be caught up in police investigations while the criminals escape scot-free.

The Mail Online reports: Around 9,000 cameras across the country take photos of up to 40million number plates each day.

But Tony Porter, the independent surveillance camera commissioner, said that an estimated 3 per cent could be misreads.

This risks false arrest and prosecution, criminals and terrorists left to move around the roads freely, and loss of revenue from fines and vehicle taxes, he said.

He called on the Government to draw up new laws to set up minimum standards for the ANPR cameras so they are secure from cyber-attack currently each force buys its own systems.

Mr Porter also demanded the tightening up of rules on who could produce licence plates to stamp out rogue suppliers who design them to defeat the system.

He said a compulsory kitemark should be introduced to certify the make and manufacture of number plates by 20,000 firms so the deliberate misuse of unlawful plates is easier to manage.

For instance, the report warned that criminals could avoid capture by placing a decoy screw between two number 1s, making it look like an H duping the cameras.

Mr Porter said: I think that there is an argument to say that the production of number plates is so integral to the system that even stricter controls need to be applied akin to the production of driving licenses and passports thereby providing the authorities with powers of examination and seizure.

He said it was a key concern that police forces did not know how many misreads there were. But he told the Mail estimates suggested...

23:16

Easy Techniques To Choose Your Quilt Colors "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

choose quilt colorsSo you found this fantastic free quilt pattern and you love everything about it from the style down to the recommended color combination.  Unfortunately, not all the materials or colors you need is available from your local specialty fabric store.  But you need not to despair, you can always replace what Continue reading

23:04

Trump is the very portrait of a man unfit to be president -... "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Trump is the very portrait of a man unfit to be president

- HootTheOwl

23:00

Watch Gyorgy Ligetis Electronic Masterpiece Artikulation Get Brought to Life by Rainer Wehingers Brilliant Visual Score "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Even if you don't know the name Gyrgy Ligeti, you probably already associate his music with a set of mesmerizing visions. The work of that Hungarian composer of 20th-century classical music appealed mightily to Stanley Kubrick, so much so that he used four of Ligeti's pieces to score 2001: A Space Odyssey. One of them, 1962's Aventures, plays over the final scenes in an electronically altered form, which drew a lawsuit from the composer who'd been unaware of the modification. But he didn't do it out of purism: though he wrote, over his long career, almost entirely for traditional instruments, he'd made a couple forays into electronic music himself a decade earlier.

Ligeti fled Hungary for Vienna in 1956, soon afterward making his way to Cologne, where he met the electronically innovative likes of Karlheinz Stockhausen and Gottfried Michael Koenig and worked in West German Radio's Studio for Electronic Music.

There he produced 1957's Glissandi and 1958's Artikulation, the latter of which lasts just under four minutes, but, in the words of The Guardian's Tom Service, "packs a lot of drama in its diminutive electronic frame." Ligeti himself "imagined the sounds of Artikulation conjuring up images and ideas of labyrinths, texts, dialogues, insects, catastrophes, transformations, disappearances," which you can see visualized in shape and color in the "listening score" in the video above.

Created in 1970 by graphic designer Rainer Wehinger of the State University of Music and Performing Arts Stuttgart, and approved by Ligeti himself, the score's "visuals are beautiful to watch in tandem with Ligeti's music; there's an especially arresting sonic and visual pile-up, about 3...

23:00

DUP welcomes controversial editorial changes at GMB "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

In a surprise move broadcaster GMB has announced its presenters will start to use Northern Ireland dialect rather than received pronunciation from February. A statement issued by producers said, The novelty of Piers Morgan has worn off and Susanna is refusing to do the show in a cheerleaders outfit, so we thought wed shake things up.

The DUP has welcomed the move with Arlene Foster telling BBC NI: Great news! The DUP sees this as a positive step. One that reinforces Mainland ties with The Province and further strengthens the overall Union.

However the move is not universally popular, with Reid in particular said to be scundered at the changes. Loose Womens Ruth Langsford told The Radio Times: As my Eamonn might say, Susannas been walking around ITV studios with a bake on her like skelpt arse.

Speaking to This Morning but clearly struggling to assimilate the accent Reid said, Like, you know this is really ratherermdezpurt? so it is. Coz Im dead posh an all. Luk, sure Im even thinking of givin in til em dirty auld bastes? in the gallery that wants me til put on the cheerleaders outfit nar, so I am.

Meanwhile co-presenter, Charlotte Hawkins, seemed like she was having no trouble mastering the new policy, giving waiting press outside ITV studios a jaunty thumbs-up she shouted See me like? I think this move is stickin oyt, so I do!

22:59

'Germs May Confer Significant Health Benefits, Research Suggests "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Germ Theory: More Theoretical Than Evidence-Based?

Fears surrounding exposure to harmful microbes are omnipresent, which is why it may come as a surprise to find research showing infection with certain 'germs' may confer significant health benefits.

We live in a day and age where germ theory has undergone a sort of apotheosis, assuming an almost Godlike power to affect and permeate every area of our lives with the fear of infection.

read more

22:59

University Museum Plans to Sell Works by Ingres, Degas, and More at Christies "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Hubert Robert, Hubert Robert, The Tomb of Virgil at Posilipo, Near Naples (1784), oil on canvas, 23 3/4 x 28 1/2 in, collection of La Salle University Art Museum (photo by Jack Ramsdale, courtesy La Salle University)

While the art worlds most recent deaccessioning dispute continues to play out in court, another is emerging on a college campus in Philadelphia. On Wednesday, January 3, La Salle University announced that the schools board of trustees had approved the deaccessioning of 46 works from the permanent collection of the University Art Museum and planned to sell them at Christies in the coming months. The works headed to the auction block include paintings by Thomas Eakins, Ingres, Hubert Robert, Jacopo Robusti Tintoretto, Bartolomeo Manfredi, Thomas Lawrence, Edouard Vuillard, Alex Katz, and Dorothea Tanning, sculptures by Elisabeth Frink, and drawings by Edgar Degas and Henri Matisse, among others.

22:48

Newly Detected Malware Mines Monero, Sends It To North Korean University "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

US cybersecurity firm finds malware that compromises PCs to mine Monero and sends it to a Pyongyang university. #BRIEF

22:42

Coinsilium increases its shareholding in Indorse to 6.5% "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Coinsilium Group Limited (NEX: COIN), the blockchain venture builder and investor that finances and manages the development of early-stage blockchain technology companies, is pleased to announce that it has acquired, via its wholly-owned subsidiary Seedcoin Limited (Seedcoin), a further 3.5% of the share capital of Indorse Pte. Ltd. (Indorse), a Singapore-based company developing a blockchain-powered decentralised social network for professionals. Coinsilium is acquiring the additional shareholding at the agreed price of SGD 175,000 (approximately GBP 97,000) as per the terms of the Option Agreement announced on 11 August 2017.

Highlights

• Coinsilium acquires an additional 3.5% of the fully diluted share capital of Indorse for SGD 175,000
  • Following the acquisition, Coinsilium will beneficially own 6.5% of the fully diluted share capital of Indorse
  • As per the Option Agreement, the Company is entitled to acquire a further 3.5% of the fully diluted share capital of Indorse which would take its stake to up to 10%
  • Coinsilium Chairman Malcolm Palle to be appointed as a Board Director of Indorse as a representative of Seedcoin.  Indorse Co-founder Gaurang Torvekar will take the role of CEO and Co-founder David Moskowitz to move to the position of Director

The Indorse Platform will use new models of tokenization to allow users to profit from sharing their skills and validating the claims of others on the Platform. Indorse successfully completed its Token Sale in September 2017, with proceeds reaching 27,422.98 ETH, equivalent to circa US$34m at current ETH prices.

The Company also confirms that the Indorse Option Agreement has now been extended to 31 March 2018. Should the Company choose to fully exercise its option under the agreement, the Company would receive a further 3.5% equity position in Indorse for a further payment of SGD 175,000, taking its total position in Indorse to circa 10%.

Malcolm Palle, Chairman of Coinsilium, stated: Indorses successful public beta launch with more than 2,600 sign ups on the platform since the July proof-of-concept launch, has confirmed our trust in the capabilities of their development team led by Gaurang Torvekar.

Indorse is proving to be a perfect match for our strategy of building value for our shareholders through identifying compelling early stage investment propositions lead by highly talented teams. I look forward to joining the Board of Indorse and to working closely with the team at this exciting stage in their journey.

Gaurang Torvekar, Co-founder of Indorse, stated: We see Coinsiliums increased equity stake in Indorse as a significant vote of confidence in our achievements to date, following our successful token sale,...

22:39

German Sentenced to 18 Months for Making Fun of Holocaust Survivors (No,Really!) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

The sign Arbeit macht frei (Work makes you free) is pictured at the main gate of the former German Nazi concentration and extermination camp Auschwitz in Oswiecim

German Sentenced to 18 Months for Making Fun of Holocaust Survivors

REUTERS/ Pawel Ulatowski
SOCIETY
01:41 09.01.2018(updated 01:48 09.01.2018)Get short URL

A 32-year-old German man was sentenced to 18 months in prison last week for posting a picture of a miniature of the Auschwitz death camp on Facebook with an offensive caption.

Displaying Nazi symbols is illegal in Germany. "You made fun of Auschwitz survivors  that's very bad," Judge Manfred Weber, who presided over the man's trial at the district court in eastern Germany, told him, AP reports. The offender, whose name was not disclosed in accordance with German privacy laws, is reportedly from Glauchau in Saxony. 

Aharon Appelfeld
AFP 2017/ PHILIPPE MERLE

22:36

App versammelt alle Kioske, Sptis und Trinkhallen des Landes "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Nachdem wir vor kurzem ber eine Karte berichtet haben, die alle Pubs in Grobritannien in einer Google Maps Karte versammelt, haben wir uns mal umgeschaut, ob es vergleichbare Karten auch in Deutschland gibt. Dabei sind wir auf die App HopfenStop gestoen, die sich zum Ziel gesetzt hat, alle Kioske, Sptis und Trinkhallen des Lands auf einer Karte in Form einer App zu versammeln. Screenshots HopfenStop App Neben der Mglichkeit den nchsten Kiosk zu finden und seinen Lieblingsspti nach dem bekannten 5-Sterne-Prinzip zu bewerten, ist vermerkt, ob die Trinkhalle oder der Spti auch eine Toilette im Angebot hat. Seit August letzten Jahres ist die App online. Aktuell findet man die meisten Eintrge noch im Raum Frankfurt am Main, was daran liegt, dass Frankfurt die Heimat der drei jungen Entwickler ist. Fr den Rest des Landes muss die Sammlung an Kiosken, Trinkhallen und Sptis nach wachsen, was mit neuen Downloads und Benutzern der App sicher schnell passieren wird. Beim Aufbau der landesweiten Karte baut die App vor allem auf das Kollektiv. Jeder kann und soll die Kioske in seiner Nhe selbst eintragen. Die App ist kostenlos und gibt es fr Android und iOS auf der Seite der Betreiber zum Download. Mehr spannende, sinnvolle und ...

Der Beitrag App versammelt alle Kioske, Sptis und Trinkhallen des Landes erschien zuerst auf URBANSHIT.

22:34

Ivanka Trump praised Oprah Winfreys speech and everyone had the same response "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Youll probably have read about Oprah Winfreys history-making speech at the Golden Globes in which she said time is up for powerful, abusive men who have been silencing, hurting and exploiting women.

(via)

Lots of people liked it, and some people even thought she was setting out her stall to run for president in 2020.

Except one person you might not have expected to like it was this one.

To the long list of words which Ivanka Trump doesnt understand, we can now add irony.

Heres the pick of the responses online.

22:32

North and South Korea met in the truce village of Panmunjom -- these extraordinary photos show what it's like (Neo Mongs release statement "Fuck,Fuck,Fuck!!") "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

For the first time in more than two years, delegations from North and South Korea have met for official talks.

Their meeting place was truce village Panmunjom, the site of the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement in 1953.

Since then, Panmunjom has become the only part of the demilitarized zone where North and South Korean soldiers face one another every day, and where foreign dignitaries come to peer into North Korea for themselves.

But life in Panmunjom and surrounding villages is remarkably ordinary. Shops exist, kids attend schools and farmers toil the fields though much of this is done with a backdrop of high tensions and a military presence.

Theres also a thriving tourist scene. According to PRI, visitors must sign a form that says they understand their visits will entail entry into a hostile area and the possibility of injury or death.

Keep scrolling to take the tour for yourself:

Peace House sits on the South Korean side of the truce village Panmunjom in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). This is where talks between North and South took place on January 9.

ED JONES/AFP/Getty Images

The six blue and white buildings straddle the demarcation line and are jointly used conference rooms.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/what-is-korean-truce-village-panmunjom-2018-1?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com&r=US&IR=T

22:29

Russia denies report that 7 planes destroyed in Syria attack - TASS (Fair Dinkum?) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia denied a report in daily newspaper Kommersant that seven Russian planes had been destroyed by rebel shelling at Syrias Hmeymim air base on Dec. 31, the TASS news agency on Thursday quoted the defence ministry as saying.

At least four Su-24 bombers, two Su-35S fighters and an An-72 transport plane, as well as an ammunition depot, were destroyed by the shelling, Kommersant said on its website, citing two military-diplomatic sources.

In the single biggest loss of military hardware for Russia since it launched air strikes in Syria in autumn 2015, more than 10 servicemen were wounded in the attack by radical Islamists, the report said.

The Kommersant report on alleged actual destruction of seven Russian war planes at Hmeymim air base is fake, TASS said, citing the ministry. It said the Russian air group in Syria was combat-ready.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-russia-planes/russia-denies-report-that-7-planes-destroyed-in-syria-attack-tass-idUSKBN1ET0VX

A general view shows Russian fighter jets on the tarmac at the Hmeimim military base in Latakia province, in the northwest of Syria, on February 16, 2016. (Photo by AFP) A general view shows Russian fighter jets on the tarmac at the Hmeimim military base in Latakia province, in the northwest of Syria, on February 16, 2016. (Photo by AFP)

Russia says its troops have successfully repelled multiple drone attacks launched by militants on its naval and air bases in Syria.

The Russian Defense Ministry announced the news on Monday, saying the aerial aggression was conducted by as many as 13 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) on Saturday night.

According to the ministry report, 10 combat dones raided the Hmeimim Airbase in Syrias western coastal province of Latakia while three more attempted a strike against the Russian maritime logistics base located in the western city of Tartus, Syrias second largest port city.

All of the drones were spotted by anti-aircraft defense systems at a considerable distance from the Russian military objects, the ministry said, adding that seven of them were successfully shot down by the Russian Panzir-S air-defense...

22:24

Daily Verse "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: Matthew 6:19-20 (KJV)

22:23

Ready to Rally? Ethereum Aside, All Major Cryptocurrencies Fall in Value "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Ready to Rally? Ethereum Aside, All Major Cryptocurrencies Fall in Value appeared first on CCN

Apart from Ether, the native cryptocurrency of Ethereum, all major cryptocurrencies or the 10 most valuable digital assets in the global market have fallen in value. Tokens Adding Value to Ethereum, Justifiable Market Cap Over the past few months, since late 2017, many decentralized applications utilized at a large commercial scale have emerged. Apps like Continued

The post Ready to Rally? Ethereum Aside, All Major Cryptocurrencies Fall in Value appeared first on CCN

22:13

Bundy formally acquitted of all charges WITH PREDUDICE "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Bundy formally acquitted of all charges WITH PREDUDICE

http://82.221.129.208/.zl5.html

"With predudice" means the judge slammed the case shut, never to be brought to trial again. That is as good as it gets.

From AZ central

LAS VEGAS - Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, his two sons and a militia member will not face a retrial on charges that they led an armed rebellion against federal agents in 2014.

A federal judge on Monday said the federal prosecutors' conduct was "outrageous" and "violated due process rights" of the defendants.

U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the charges against the four men "with prejudice," meaning they cannot face trial again. She said a new trial would not be sufficient to address the problems in the case and would provide the prosecution with an unfair advantage going forward.

The judge criticized both the prosecution and the FBI for not providing evidence to the defense as required under court rules. "The court finds that the universal sense of justice has been violated," Navarro said.

Navarro said it was clear the FBI was involved in the prosecution of the case, and that it was not a coincidence that most of the withheld evidence came from the FBI.

MY COMMENT: Bundy and the rest of the people thrown in jail DID NOT WIN THIS CASE. Want to know why? Because they were innocent, and still sat in jail from 2014 - 2017 while awaiting trial. Everyone served a three year prison sentence, despite being acquitted. That is NOT what I call winning anything. Oh well, at least they are out now and cannot be prosecuted again.

22:03

Social Work Professionals Face Creeping Fascism "IndyWatch Feed Health"

From Rabble: The regulatory body for social workers and social service workers in Ontario  the Ontario College for Social Workers and Social Service Workers  is now requiring all social work professionals to disclose whether they have been given a psychiatric diagnosis.

The critical point to keep in mind here is that, whatever credence you do or do not afford the concept, mental illness has nothing to do with safety, despite the regulatory bodies so naming it. There is no proof whatsoever that professionals with psychiatric diagnoses are any less safe than any other professional. By the same token, despite the facile conflation of mentally ill with incompetence, it has nothing to do competence. Someone with a psychiatric diagnosis may or may not be incompetent, just as any other professional may or may not be. What we are witnessing in short is prejudice and oppression pure and simple. We are witnessing ableism. We are witnessing sanism. We are likewise seeing incredible short-sightedness for the truth of the matter is that people in touch with their own personal difficulties have a tendency to be better helping professionals not worse ones.

Article

22:02

In Praise of William James "IndyWatch Feed Health"

In this piece for The New York Times, John Williams praises the work of philosopher William James, who played an important role in studying and describing the inner states of people of faith. James work illuminates our innermost fears and desires that compel us to believe in something greater than ourselves.

Four of the most memorable lectures in the book two each on the subjects of healthy-mindedness and the sick soul consider these two categories of people at length: those whose disposition is organically weighted on the side of cheer and those who are depressive or congenitally pessimistic, to be brief. These chapters are my personal D.S.M. I consult them to find beautifully articulated reasons to go easier on myself and other people, and to expect more from all of us at the same time; to feel the fullness and complexity of both our vulnerabilities and our capabilities.

Sick souls range from the easily irritated (think Larry David) to the self-loathing (Charlie Brown) to the pathologically melancholic (Tolstoy, who wrote: Is there in life any purpose which the inevitable death which awaits me does not undo and destroy?). It feels safe to say that most of this books devoted fans and it has many of them, as one learns are sick souls. In creating a taxonomy of them and sympathetically describing their needs, James makes them feel, to use modern psychological parlance, seen.

22:01

We Still Buy the Lie That Chemical Imbalances Cause Depression "IndyWatch Feed Health"

From Quartz: Despite its inaccuracy, the chemical imbalance theory of mental illness continues to persist in public consciousness. The prevalence of this myth may be in part responsible for rising rates of depression.

Prozac, approved by the US Food and Drug Administration 30 years ago today, on Dec. 29, 1987, marked the first in a wave of widely prescribed antidepressants that built on and capitalized off this theory. No wonder: Taking a drug to tweak the biological chemical imbalances in the brain makes intuitive sense. But depression isnt caused by a chemical imbalance, we dont know how Prozac works, and we dont even know for sure if its an effective treatment for the majority of people with depression.

One reason the theory of chemical imbalances wont die is that it fits in with psychiatrys attempt, over the past half century, to portray depression as a disease of the brain, instead of an illness of the mind. This narrative, which depicts depression as a biological condition that afflicts the material substance of the body, much like cancer, divorces depression from the self. It also casts aside the social factors that contribute to depression, such as isolation, poverty, or tragic events, as secondary concerns. Non-pharmaceutical treatments, such as therapy and exercise, often play second fiddle to drugs.

Article

22:00

Nintendo Announces XL SNES Classic "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

According to the announcement, the XL SNES Classic is the perfect system for fans who are nostalgic for the original SNES because the XL SNES Classic will look and function exactly like the original SNES.

People loved the SNES Classic but a lot of fans told us that it did not properly elicit feelings of the SNES because it was too small and you could only play the games preloaded on the console, said Nintendo CEO Tatsumi Kimishima at a Nintendo event. The XL SNES Classic has absolutely no games loaded onto it. Plus, its compatible with literally every single original SNES game available for purchase as cartridges.

Read More From Hard Drive, The Only Ethical Gaming Journalism Site on The Internet:

Nintendo fans praised the news across the web.

Im 99.99% sure Nintendo is just repackaging leftover SNES consoles they have laying around and writing XL and Classic on the boxes in sharpie, said Reddit user u/donkeydickkong. Regardless, Id gladly pay upwards of $150 for that.

I dont even care that I can probably just buy the thing on eBay for way cheaper. This is an official Nintendo product, he added.

At press time, Nintendo announced that, despite having not yet released the XL SNES Classic, it was already sold out.

January 14th Will be Known as Bitcoin Cash Change the Address Day "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Interesting changes are coming to the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem in a few days. A new CashAddr format will be introduced. This base32 address change is optional, but a major development regardless. Giving all BCH users an option to create truly uniquely formatted address is a big step forward. Some users now propose January 14th should be known as Bitcoin Cash Change The Address day.

To put this into perspective, this is not a new yearly holiday. Nor is it an event that will repeat itself every single year. At least, thats what we hope, but you never know in the world of cryptocurrency. Instead, January 14th is designated as the day on which most BCH supporters should switch to the new format. It would form a united front to do so and herald a new era for this popular altcoin. An interesting proposal, assuming theres sufficient community interest.

Uniting the Bitcoin Cash Supporters

Given how this is not a mandatory upgrade, the support may not be overly significant. At the same time, it is evident this format will introduce a big change to Bitcoin Cash. Right now, all addresses use the same format as Bitcoin. It causes a fair bit of confusion as you cant distinguish between the two. A new format will finally alleviate all of these concerns. It should also remove the issues of people sending funds to the wrong blockchain. Replay protection only goes so far when the address code base is identical.

Moreover, the new format offers other advantages as well. Its checksum can detect up to 6 errors in an address. No one wants to make errors when trying to move funds to another wallet, after all. Moreover, the encoding of this new standard is more compact in QR codes. Plus, systems dealing with thousands of addresses will encode and decode the new format faster. Theres no reason for people not to upgrade to this new standard.

The big question is how service providers will handle this change. For now, it is a bit unclear how that situation will evolve. Electron Cash is already working on this integration. Most exchanges and wallet providers havent made their stance public yet. This could be a major development for Bitcoin Cash if everyone upgraded at the same time. W...

TD Ameritrade: Bitcoin 'Great Opportunity' to Get Millennials Trading "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Investment services firm TD Ameritrade sees cryptocurrencies as the "greatest opportunity" to get millennials to trade, says its chief strategist.

21:54

4 Food Sources You Can Find in the Dead of Winter "IndyWatch Feed Food"

ReadyNutrition Readers, this article is a down-and-dirty guide to finding food for yourself during the wintertime.  Most people view winter as a cold, bleak, and lifeless period of the year.  In actuality, it is just a state of dormancy: everything is not really dead, just slowed down and slumbering as a part of the natural cycle and order of things.  During the wintertime, its not that there isnt any food: there is not as much of it available, yet it is still there if you know how to look for it.  Lets get started!

Wild Game

Firstly, lets cover wild game.  Most hunting seasons are over with, so the info were covering here has to do with a survival situation and a grid-down, collapse scenario.  Keeping that in mind, there is quite a good deal of animals that do not hibernate.  Deer, elk, rabbits/hares, the migratory birds (ducks and geese), wild boar/pig.  Im not advising eating the wild cats: the bobcat, lynx, or mountain lion, as they have a host of different parasites and not much yield on the meat.  Stick with your herbivores, unless you have no other way.

Migratory Birds

Migratory birds (believe it or not) still hold a high number that do not leave and migrate with the rest.  Besides shooting them with a shotgun or rifle, there are other methods to get them if you have no firearmnot nice or socially-acceptable, but were going to list them: snares, nets, and the fishhook method.  This one involves taking a fishhook and tying it off with nylon line and covering the hook with a ball of bread.  I think you can get the picture, and as I mentioned, its not the preferred method but it works.  You or them: youll have to weigh it for yourself.

Snares do work with snow covering the ground.  You have to check them periodically, as many times the top layer of snow can melt a bit and form a layer of glazed ice.  When you set the snare with snow present, dont go all the way to the ground: set it about 2 down in the snow.  The snowshoe hare is just as his name implies: he hops across the snow with feet that have a surface area to keep him from sinking in the snowall the way.  Two inches?  Hell be in it: and in your snare, hell end up across your fire.  Secure the snare, and dont put a drag on it.  He can get out of it.  You want it to lift him off the ground.

Heres...

21:52

Bitcoin Price Watch; Scalping The Volatility "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

We are about to kick off a fresh session of trading in the bitcoin price and, unfortunately, we are starting the day on something of a low. That is, a low from a price perspective as opposed to anything else, but a low nonetheless. Action overnight was a little bit up and down but ultimately price moved into a period of sustained weakness early this morning and it doesnt look as though markets are going to see any reprieve at least near term.

Exactly how things will play out longer-term remains to be seen but, for now, or we can do is keep an eye out for any intraday volatility and try and play things as we see them.

So, with this in mind, lets get down to the nitty-gritty.

As ever, take a quick look at the chart below before we get started so as to get an idea where things stand. The chart is a one-minute candlestick chart and it has our primary range overlaid in green.

As the chart shows, the range we are looking at for the session today comes in as defined by support to the downside at 14437 and resistance to the upside at 14745. We will initially look out for a close above resistance to signal an upside entry. On this position, a target somewhere in the region of 14850 looks reasonable, while a stop loss in and around 14720 works well from a risk management perspective and will take us out of the trade if things turn against us.

Looking the way, the trade is effectively a mirror image of that outlined above. So, specifically, we will enter short on a close below support towards an immediate downside target of 14350. A stop loss on the trade at 14458 keeps our risk tight on the position.

Lets see how things play out.

Charts courtesy of Trading View

The post Bitcoin Price Watch; Scalping The Volatility appeared first on NewsBTC.

21:38

CLOUT Is Set To Attract Attention As A Sponsor Of The North American Bitcoin Conference This Month "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Between 18-19 January, 2018, the cryptocurrency and blockchain technology world will convene in Miami, Florida.

Whats drawing them there?

The North American Bitcoin Conference.

The event has been put together by Keynote, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) players in this side of the industry, being responsible for the largest and longest running conference in the blockchain space and having run twelve global conferences since 2012. As Keynote states on the events promotional website:

We will also be hearing from the biggest in the industry about the hottest new thing in the crypto-currency community ICOs.

Of thousands of applicant companies, only a handful have been accepted and selected as sponsors of the event. These represent some of the most promising and well-supported companies in the blockchain space right now and the sponsorship presence (which, in a select number of cases, also includes a booth at the event) is sure to draw a considerable amount of interest and attention as the event matures.

One of these companies is CLOUT.

CLOUT is a company thats trying to change the way the bitcoin and blockchain spaces publish, share and create media, content and information.

The companys Founder, Sean Kirtz, founded Bitcoin Day Traders, a leading social cryptocurrency enthusiast community. Through Bitcoin Day Traders, Kirtz discovered that the individuals that made up the community were desperately seeking accurate and relevant information relating to the cryptocurrency and blockchain space but were unable to find it or if they did find it couldnt rely on it as accurate.

Kirtz spotted an unmet need and figured he could develop a platform, built on blockchain technology, which could incentivize quality to ensure consistent and reliable access to information for anyone inside or outside of the space looking for it.

And so, the platform, called CLOUT, was born.

CLOUT will be the first to tokenize content in this way and in turn the first to employ a blockchain based token system not only to ensure that content creators are rewarded for the content they create but also that the highest quality content is seen by the most people and, in turn, that those who share the content are rewarded for dissemination of top quality material.

Think Reddit crossed with Facebook, but built on a blockchain based reward network and focused (from both a content and a user perspective) on blockchain technology and all its various applications to the modern world.

Its a neat idea and its one that some of the biggest names in the industry have gotten behind. Toni Lane Cas...

21:38

Alle Pubs in Grobritannien in einer Karte versammelt "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Selten haben wir eine beeindruckendere Visualisierung von Saufkultur gesehen. Wirft man einen Blick auf diese Karte, knnte man meinen, England bestehe ausschlielich aus Pubs. Insgesamt sind es ziemlich genau 24.727 Stck an der Zahl und alle zusammen auf einer Karte ergeben ein ziemlich beeindruckendes Bild. Schaut man etwas genauer hin erkennt man in der Masse aus Google Maps Markern sogar noch die Hauptstadt. Beindruckend. Schade, dass die EU bald um fast 25.000 Kneipen rmer ist. Spannend wre jetzt noch ein Vergleich mit Deutschland. Falls jemand vergleichbares Kartenmaterial mit hiesigen Kneipen kennt, lasst es uns gerne wissen. Gesehen auf der Facebookseite von jetzt

Der Beitrag Alle Pubs in Grobritannien in einer Karte versammelt erschien zuerst auf URBANSHIT.

21:31

Shine Bright: Shirred Waist Pajamas "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

Today our friend Melissa from Melly Sews is sharing a super cute shirred waist pajama pants tutorial using our Shine Bright fabric. Melissa has been our friend now for several years and we love seeing all of her garment making adventures.  Hop on over to her website to check out this tutorial and to see []

The post Shine Bright: Shirred Waist Pajamas appeared first on Simple Simon and Company.

21:21

Israel Central Bank Refuses to Recognize Bitcoin as a Currency "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Israel Central Bank Refuses to Recognize Bitcoin as a Currency appeared first on CCN

Israels central bank has said it will not recognize cryptocurrencies like bitcoin as a currency nor a foreign currency as it does not fit the legal definition nor fill the main functions of currency. In a speech on Monday, Bank of Israel deputy governor Nadine Baudot-Trajtenberg revealed the central banks official position on the recognition Continued

The post Israel Central Bank Refuses to Recognize Bitcoin as a Currency appeared first on CCN

21:08

How to Make Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Is there anything more beautiful in the world than peanut butter? Of course, there is. This is a peanut butter cookie with infuse of cannabis. Recipe is provided by legal cannabis shop in Canada https://cannaporium.ca/. These products were made for each other. This is confirmed by any fan of sweets and cannabis. These cookies have

21:00

The Bitcoin Price Equivalence Shows What Cheap Cryptocurrencies Are Really Worth "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Bitcoin Price Equivalence Shows What Cheap Cryptocurrencies Are Really Worth

Theres been a lot of talk lately about market capitalization and circulating supply. As sub-$1 altcoins have shot up in price, some new investors have been making noises about their anointed coin being worth more than bitcoin one day. What these new entrants fail to take into account is digital scarcity: the notion that assets which are plentiful are cheaper than those with a limited supply for good reason. Bitcoin Price Equivalence is a new website that seeks to set that right.

Also read: Is Bitpay Bullying Other Bitcoin Wallets and Hurting Users Privacy?

Cheap But at What Price?

The rise of cryptos penny stocks has brought with it fevered debate about how much these digital assets are worth. A widely circulated tweet last week Removing Unit Bias, asked, If everything had the same supply cap as Bitcoin, would you still buy it? and displayed popular cryptocurrencies current value if there were just 21 million of each in existence. Bitcoin columnist Eric Wall followed this up in his weekly trading feature...

Camelot seeks best excuse for losing 33m lottery ticket "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

missing lottery ticketHundreds of greedy, lying bastards are busily working on persuasive arguments to present to National Lottery organiser Camelot in an effort to win millions of pounds that theyre not entitled to.

Following the news that only one of the two winners of the record 66 million Lotto jackpot has so far claimed their half of the fortune, Camelot is inviting the public to submit evidence that they bought the other winning ticket, followed by the reasons for it becoming lost, stolen or damaged. Apparently, a big boy took it and my dog ate it are unlikely to win any prizes, as Camelot seek the most ludicrous, far-fetched and outrageous excuses before deciding not to pay out to fraudsters.

The missing ticket was apparently sold in Worcester, but that hasnt deterred chancers from claiming a remarkable coincidence that they visited the city for the one and only time in their life, for no obvious reason, during the first week of January. Indeed, unfamiliarity with the location is frequently used to explain away an inability to identify precisely which outlet sold them the ticket, although Ill remember it if you take me there, claimed one manipulator of the truth.

Others are concentrating on establishing their reasons for choosing the winning numbers of 26, 27, 46, 47, 52 and 58. One man of 52 explained that he and his wife, who is 47, live at number 58 and they have two children aged 26 and 27. And I had sex 46 times during December, he added, without clarifying whether he was alone on all 46 occasions.

A Camelot spokesman explained that all claims must be submitted in writing within 30 days of the 9th January draw and every one received will be fully assessed for inventiveness, artistic merit and bare-faced cheek. Were really enjoying reading them all and we may award cash prizes for the best pieces of writing, he said. We like donating money to good clauses.

Bank of Israel: Digital Currencies Are an Asset Not a Currency "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The deputy governor of Israel's central bank has said that digital currencies like bitcoin are more of a financial asset than a currency.

20:55

Donald Trump did a John Redwood trying to sing the American national anthem "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

After all the grief hes given people not respecting the American national anthem, youd think Donald Trump would at least know the words.

Think again.

(via)

And here it is, in full.

(via)

Remind you of anyone?

(Note for younger readers this is the Conservatives choice for secretary of state for Wales John Redwood trying to sing the Welsh national anthem in 1993.)

Maybe next time they could hire Trump a cue cards guy? Assuming he can still see.

20:27

Toby Young forced to resign from Government post after nearly 1/4 of a million people sign petition calling for him to be sacked "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Poke is pleased to report that professional Phil Mitchell lookalike Toby Young has been forced into resigning after public backlash against his appointment at the Office for Students.

Theres been much rejoicing on the internet after nearly a quarter of a million people demanded exactly that. 220,000 at writing this, and still going up even though hes toast.

Lets got live to Twitter for the breaking tweets via our internet correspondent Dr CutnPaste hes got 12 for you

Source: twitter.com/robmanuel/status/950633016187084800

20:25

10 Important Signals Your Body Sends To Inform You That Something Is Wrong "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Organic Planner

Every second a million processes are happening inside your body. Some of them work independently, however the body still controls and balances all of them at the same time. The most amazing thing is that you are not even aware of what is happening inside your body.

Sometimes the body processes stop functioning properly which is why your body sends symptoms to warn you that there is something wrong.

Some of these signs are very subtle and you may not even consider them as serious, but you must never ignore them.

10 Signs You Must Pay Attention To

1. INCREASED DESIRE FOR SEAFOOD

Each food craving means something different. So, if you suddenly start craving for seafood, you probably have an iodine deficiency.

2. BRITTLE NAILS AND HAIR

Having brittle nails or hair means you have vitamin D and calcium deficiency. So, you should increase your intake of foods rich in these nutrients, such as potatoes, legumes, milk, whole grains, and wheat germ.
Read more

20:25

Nearly 5,000 lightning strikes in 3 hours left thousands without power in Sydney after temperatures approaching 50 deg C melted roads "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Fast-moving storms swept across Sydney this morning. Photo: Nick Moir
After temperatures approaching 50 deg C, 122 deg F melted roads and killed thousands of flying fox bats the weather in Sydney has gone from one extreme to the other
A heavy thunderstorm hit Sydney with more than 4600 lightning strikes between 3am and 6am this morning, leaving thousands without power after days of extreme heat.
The western and northwestern suburbs bore the brunt of the storm, with Blacktown particularly hard hit with tiles off roofs and trees brought down.
Weatherzone reported 4649 lightning strikes between 3am and 6am, and the SES received at least 150 requests for help.
The weather bureau says lightning strikes will continue over the Sydney region and most parts of NSW on Tuesday.
Passengers can expect slight delays on domestic flights out of Sydney Airport, but international and domestic arrivals are on time, an airport spokesman said. Meanwhile, rail commuters on Sydneys north shore T1 line can expect delays.
Its quite an active lightning system over Sydney, BOM forecaster Jordan Notara said.
He said the lightning will die down this morning before building up again in the afternoon.
Its a typical summer scenario, he said.
The SES has warned NSW residents to take precautions as the storm activity continues.
Residents are warned to secure outdoor furniture, tie-down trampolines and stay inside and keep away from windows.

Home

Source link

20:24

Rate the Dress: Crinoline to First Bustle Era transitions "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

Its Rate the Dress time!  Every week I post a historical garment, or a portrait, and we rate the garment in the context of its time.  This weeks pick is a 1868-70 dress that features the full skirts of the elliptical crinoline era, topped by the bustled skirts of the first bustle era.

Last week: a Doucet evening dress in glittering gold organza:

Last weeks gold evening gown proved that Doucet the Midas Touch when it comes to fashion, because you loved it.  No one was the least bit worried by the implied lingerie-ness of the dress.  It did lose a half point here or there for the extra back bows (you just cant get behind those, can you?), and some of you thought there was a disconnect between the skirt and upper bodice.  Points were both gained and lost for fungus-y embroidery.  Mould that breaks the mould?  A few of you saw a face in the bodice, and took points off for that.  Apparently we like garments that have personality, not a personality!

The Total: 9.6 out of 10.

Despite a few niggles, the dress had the highest total points in over two years!  All added up and divided, it came out .1 point shy of the 9.7 highs of Doucets Cubist dress.  So close, but that record still stands!

This week: a crinoline-to-first-bustle-era transitional gown in jewel green patterned silk

This very-late-1860s day dress in rich green silk with a small floral print is an excellent example of aniline dye influenced fashion.

The pairing of vivid colour with black trim was oh-so-fashionable at the time, showing off the aniline brights, and th...

20:14

How To Eat Papaya Seeds To Detoxify Liver, Kidneys And Heal Digestive Tract "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Healthy Life Star

With its sweet taste, a tender, consistency and musky undertones, it is not surprisingat all, why Christopher Columbus explained the papaya as fruit of the angels.

This fruit has a great amount of nutritional value and has many health benefits. Due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties this fruit can freely used as a potent cure for treating numerous health issues, including cancer, blood sugar level, heart disease, wounds, and digestive issues.

On the other hand, we can take under consideration that all this time whenever you were eating papaya you had a habit to throw away its seeds without having a clue that in fact the seeds are the ones which make this fruit so beneficial.

So, now that you know that papaya seeds can be the cause of many health benefits, you can start eating the whole fruit and enjoy its benefits!

Health benefits of papaya seeds

Improve Digestive Health

Papaya is thought to be an immensely useful for improving the work of the digestive system. The seeds of this fruit have powerful anti-parasite and antibacterial properties. These properties are in charge for the fruits ability to dispose of the harmful micro-organisms from your intestinal tract.

In addition, we need to mention that this fruit has potent anti-pathogenic properties so eating only 1 tablespoon of papaya seeds can help you with food poisoning in a way that it will kill the bacteria which is the main reason for the problem.
Read more

20:05

Cedella Marley: Forgive "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Forgive, and make your life more positive, productive, joyful and fulfilling.

20:04

The Dark Night Of The Soul "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

At some point in your life, you will experience the Dark Night of the Soul where it seems that everything that can possibly go wrong, will go wrong.

20:03

How Effective is Punishment To Promote Cooperation? "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Punishment has been questioned for hundreds of years when it comes to getting members of society to cooperate for the common good.

20:02

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Attacks Legalized Marijuana, Jeopardizes Multi-Billion Dollar Industry "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has begun the new year with an assault against state legalized cannabis.

20:02

16 Things Will Start To Happen When You Discover Your Hidden Power "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Simple Capacity

When you find the strength within, your perspective shifts drastically. You are no longer scared of what tomorrow might hold in store for you, because youve got a warrior within, and you can take all the storms head-on. You start seeing the world a bit differently, knowing that there is a special reason for being here and being a part of it.

1. You learn to face your fears, even if they terrify you

Coming to terms with reality is one of the most difficult things anybody is required to do. But you will walk through those fires, with style. You learn to face your fears and dont let them stop you and paralyze you anymore.

2. You become grateful even for the little things

Finding your inner soul, and coming in contact with self-love, makes you realize the value of kindness. You are more grateful for the things you have, material or otherwise, and learn to appreciate them even more than ever.

3. You learn that you are bigger than your mind

It will constantly try to trick you into feeling inadequate and horrible about yourself, but you know better than that. You are the master of your emotions.
Read more

20:01

Gunnedah Shire Council have reached out to NSW Health to start water fluoridation process "IndyWatch Feed Health"

GUNNEDAH could have fluoride in its water by 2020 after Gunnedah Shire Council (GSC) commenced the process to fluoridate the towns water supply.

The decision to accept a proposal to add fluoride to the water supply was passed in December when council resolved to write to NSW Health to commence the water fluoridation process.

GSCs infrastructure services acting director Daniel Noble said the council will continue to investigate the best way to implement the water fluoridation project.

As per council resolution, council has written to NSW Health requesting approval to commence fluoridation of the Gunnedah water supply in accordance with section six of the fluoridation of public water supplies act, Mr Noble said.

In preparation for approval, the council will continue to investigate best practice for planning and implementing the fluoridation project, and refine the planning and construction documentation required to build the fluoride dosing station and associated infrastructure.

Fluoridation of the Gunnedah water supply is expected to commence in 2020.

The news has been met with resistance by fluoride opponents, including Gunnedahs Wendy Carpenter who said the Facebook group Its ok to say no to fluoride in Gunnedahs water will continue to lobby against water fluoridation.

We will keep fighting because I know there are a lot of people who are unhappy with the decision, Mrs Carpenter said.

I think for the time being its important for us to let the dust settle and see where we exactly go from here.

We are going to keep informing people of material that is out there and helping them to see the risks of fluoride.

The Gunnedah local said the debate had started an open discussion about fluoride.

The best thing is a lot more people know about it that otherwise wouldnt have, she said.

It shouldnt be an emotive decision and I think with more discussion and sharing of facts it becomes less emotive.

20:01

Oregon Sues Monsanto For Knowingly Selling Toxic PCBs "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

This week, the state of Oregon filed a lawsuit against the controversial biotech and chemical company Monsanto.

20:00

Bitcoin Mining Wastes Energy? What If That's a Good Thing? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Long-term, the incentives bitcoin creates may drive efficiency and green energy solutions in the crypto world and even spur them in the wider economy.

A Map of George Orwells 1984 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Many fictional locations resist mapping. Our imaginations may thrill, but our mental geolocation software recoils at the impossibilities in Italo Calvinos Invisible Citiesa series of geographically whimsical tales told by Marco Polo to Genghis Khan; or China Mivilles The City and the City, in which two metropolisesBesel and Ul Qomaoccupy much of the same physical space, and a secretive police power compels citizens to willfully unsee one city or the other.

Thats not to say such maps cannot be made. Calvinos strange cities have been illustrated, if not at street level, in as fanciful a fashion as the narrator describes them. Mivilles weird cities have received several literal-minded mapping treatments, which perhaps mistake the novels careful construction of metaphor for a kind of creative urban planning.

Miville himself might disavow such attempts, as he disavows one-to-one allegorical readings of his fantastic detective novelthose, for example, that reduce the phenomenon of unseeing to an Orwellian means of thought control. Orwell is a much more overtly allegorical writer, he tells Theresa DeLucci at Tor, although its always sort of unstable, theres a certain kind of mapping whereby x means y, a means b.

Orwells speculative worlds are easily decoded, in other words, an opinion shared by many readers of Orw...

illuminati cookies "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Today on Toothpaste For Dinner: illuminati cookies

The Worst Things For Sale is Drew's blog. It updates every day. Subscribe to the Worst Things For Sale RSS!

19:56

Indian Lawyer Demands Urgent Regulation of Bitcoin with Court Petition "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Indian Lawyer Demands Urgent Regulation of Bitcoin with Court Petition appeared first on CCN

A second Indian lawyer has filed a petition to urge authorities develop a regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies like bitcoin in the country. Calcutta-based lawyer Bivas Chatterjee, who notably serves as the nodal office in the state of West Bengal, has filed for a public interest litigation (PIL) in the Calcutta High Court to force authorities Continued

The post Indian Lawyer Demands Urgent Regulation of Bitcoin with Court Petition appeared first on CCN

19:54

Telegram Chat App to Launch its Own Cryptocurrency "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

This year looks like it will be the year of the blockchain. It seems like everyone now needs to have their own cryptocurrency, and a number of tech companies are already looking into research and development. Chat and messaging platform Telegram is the latest on the list.

The native crypto that Telegram plans would power payments on its chat app and beyond, according to TechCrunch. The website also cited sources claiming that the Telegram Open Network (TON) will be a new third generation blockchain with superior capabilities to Bitcoin and Ethereum.

ICO Inbound

A boatload of marketing and a huge ICO is planned to generate the revenue for the project. It is estimated to be in the hundreds of millions of dollars, making it potentially one of the largest ICOs to date. Telegram is a well-established messaging platform with 180 million active monthly users, according to Wikipedia. This would make the ICO stand out from the rest, which has been originated from fresh startups, the majority without a viable product.

According to the report, Telegram is considering raising as much as $500 million in the pre-ICO sale. This would put the potential total token value in the range of $3 billion to $5 billion USD. The pre-sale is a minimum cap on investments, usually at a discount to attract bigger players to the table. A general token sale for retail investors would follow this with no minimum. The public ICO sale usually attracts less as there are a lot of buyers investing smaller amounts; the pre-loading, therefore, is done to generate confidence in the token. The report claims that the pre-sale will require fiat, and a lot of it, and not Bitcoin or Ethereum, as is the case in regular ICOs.

Payment Freedom

A native altcoin would free the Russian-owned chat system from the government or bank-controlled payment systems and allow users to send remittances overseas while bypassing costly transfer fees. An encrypted transfer system would also allow users to send micro-payments privately without incurring credit card fees.

TechCrunch reports having already viewed parts of the whitepaper that reveal that Telegrams GRAM coin could be integrated directly into the messaging platform. A decentralized platform would create a new cryptocurrency economy inside the app and insulate it from restrictive governments that frequently block social media and messaging services.

The roadmap has a lot to take in with associated services and developments to the standard blockchain model. Telegram could be the first to bring its own crypto to its already established platform but it certainl...

19:46

What Is It That Makes Humans Unique? "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Raya Bidshahri; Singularity Hub

If an extraterrestrial civilization were to observe and study our planet from an objective perspective

There is no doubt that among the millions of species on Earth, homo sapiens stands out. This species sits on top of the food chain, has extended its habitats to the entire planet, and in recent centuries, experienced an explosion of technological, societal, and artistic advancements.

Its remarkable how far weve come in what is a short period of time from an evolutionary perspective. Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins has a superb analogy to highlight this fact: Stretch your arms out to represent the span of the history of life on Earth, from the origins of life to where we are today. With this scale, the whole history of our species is represented by the thickness of one fingernail clipping. All of recorded human history is represented by the dust from one light stroke of a nail file.

One cant help but wonder: how did our species get so far? 99.9 percent of all the species that have ever lived on Earth are now extinct. Not only have we survived, we have also seen intellectual and technological progress beyond any other form of life.

So, what is it that makes us unique?

Whats Not Unique

In his intellectually stimulating book, Human Purpose and Transhuman Potential, Ted Chu points out that many differences between us and other mammals are differences of degree. In other words, many of our seemingly unique traits are just exaggerated versions of traits that are already identified in other mammals and animals.
Read more

19:28

If this recipe can be described as salad then you can be anything you want to be "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Paul Fairie has spotted this amazing ancient recipe which involves a doughnut, 1/4 of a pound of cheese and is described as salad

As Paul says, If this can be a salad, you can be anything.

And we bet youre wondering what this delicious salad looks like

Heres my recipe for ice and whisky salad take a glass, fill with whisky. Add ice to taste. says @Metatone2.

Thank you internet, thank you.

The post If this recipe can be described as salad then you can be anything you want to be appeared first on The Poke.

19:23

'9000 Sealed Indictments' Says 'epoch Times' - Rumors of Impending Mass Arrests/Indictments Continue - Commentary and Links "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Attorney General Jeff Sessions speaks during a vigil ceremony marking the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks at the Department of Justice on Sept. 11, 2017. (Image Source: Getty Images)

(Joshua Philip) We have heard it circulated through several online sources for a number of weeks now9000 sealed indictments waiting to be opened and served throughout the country. These indictments are suspected to be against Deep State/Cabal operatives who have been making efforts to sabotage the interests of the people for decades. The notion seems to have significant credence, but one important question might be, "What can we expect to see in the coming weeks and months once these indictments are served?
Read more

19:22

Water Fasting May Help You Live Longer + 3 Other Benefits "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Katherine Marko; The Alternative Daily

Water fasting has been part of the human philosophy for thousands of years. Throughout time, people have chosen to fast for spiritual and religious reasons or to raise awareness for a cause. But recently people have been turning to fasting for medical reasons and even weight loss. So, what exactly does water fasting involve, and is it really healthy for the body? Lets dig a little deeper into fasting and see what the experts have to say about this somewhat extreme weight loss practice.

So, what is a water-fast?

Many cleansing diets are referred to as fasts. But with a water fast, you consume zero calories. Water fasting involves a complete abstinence from all foods and beverages for a period of time, except of course, for pure water. While there is no set limit as to how long you can fast, according to Medical News, you can do it for as little as one day or as much as three days.

On the other hand, Dr. Alan Goldhamer, who specializes in water fasting and is the founder and education director of True North Health Center in Santa Rosa, California, says a water fast can last for up to 40 days! Basically, you can do it as long as needed, to accomplish your desired goals. That said, although the human body is capable of amazing things, 40 days without nutrients is extreme. In fact, a water fast that lasts more than three days should be medically supervised.

When it comes time to end a water fast, Dr. Goldhamer suggests gradually reintroducing food back into your diet. Doing so reinforces good dietary habits. Adding food back into your diet should typically take about one-half the length of the fast.

When it comes time to end a water fast, Dr. Goldhamer suggests gradually reintroducing food back into your diet. Doing so reinforces good dietary habits. Adding food back into your diet should typically take about one-half the length of the fast.
Read more

19:10

Vermont Senator Proposes Digital Currency Tax Legislation "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Vermont Senator Proposes Digital Currency Tax Legislation

Earlier this week Senator Alison Clarkson (D) from Vermont has proposed legislation that outlines a use case for government-based cryptocurrency solutions for the green mountain state.

Also read: French Entrepreneurs Case to Overturn the Bitlicense Dismissed  

Latest Vermont Bill Discusses State Entities Utilizing Emerging Technology, While Digital Currency LLCs Could Pay Taxes In Crypto  

Vermont Senator Proposes Digital Currency Tax Legislation Vermont Senator Alison Clarkson.

The Windsor District Democrat, Alison Clarkson, recently introduced a bill that discusses various government statutes and the use of cryptocurrencies. The...

19:00

The Worlds Most Lyrical Footnote: Physicist Richard Feynman on the Life-Expanding Common Ground Between the Scientific and the Poetic Worldviews "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it.

The Worlds Most Lyrical Footnote: Physicist Richard Feynman on the Life-Expanding Common Ground Between the Scientific and the Poetic Worldviews

In looking back on the past year, I keep returning to The Universe in Verse as a singular highlight that labor-of-love celebration of the common ground between poetry and science, standing as a contemporary testament to Wordsworths insistence that poetry is the breath and finer spirit of all knowledge [and] the impassioned expression which is in the countenance of all Science.

While revisiting the readings from the show poems celebrating the Hubble Space Telescope, the number pi, the legacy of trailblazing scientists like Marie Curie, Jane Goodall, and Caroline Herschel I was reminded of a marvelous footnote by the Nobel-winning physicist Richard Feynman (May 11, 1918February 15, 1988), speaking to the powerful dialogue between the scientific and the poetic worldviews.

Five Fatal Foods "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Dr. Nina Koduru identifies 5 fatal foods that endanger your life and offers a solution: an untested remedy with unsubstantiated claims.

The Five Pillars of Intuition "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Intuition is the spark, or gateway, to higher knowing and to living a fulfilled, flowing, effortless and peaceful life. Each day we are bombarded by an avalanche of information, demands and pressures, that squash our vastness into a tiny reality.

This data smog and information overload swamps our intuition. Now more than ever, we need this innate capacity to guide us. The more lost we are in the pace of modern life, the more we need this anchor.

Our Sixth Sense

Intuition is very much a natural and inherent part of our natures. When you strip back all the learned stress behaviors, pressures, mental projections and layers of baggage, we find the radiance of our true self.

Read Entire Article

Block Communications Inc. Unveils NewsSlide Platform "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Toledo Blade each launched their own versions of the NewsSlide platform this past October.

Readers of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Toledo Blade can now consume the news beyond the pages of a printed broadsheet or standard newspaper website. The pair of Block Communications Inc. (BCI)-owned papers recently introduced NewsSlide, an interactive platform designed specifically for Apple and Android tablets and mobile devices.

Both the Post-Gazette and Blade offer their own versions of the free app that is released everyday at 5 a.m.

Its not old print, TV or the internetits a combination of all of those things, said Allan Block, BCI chairman. We see it as a powerful new medium for communication.

NewsSlide allows readers to slide through visually attractive stories alongside carefully crafted photo galleries, videos, interactive graphics and illustrations. Users also have the ability to read content offline as well.

Allan Block

According to Block, inspiration for NewsSlide came from Montreals La Presse, which has found overwhelming success with its tablet edition. Based on the positive results, the French-language weekly decided to end its print edition last year and has gone digital only.

However, Block said NewsSlide isnt intended to replace or act as a standalone to either papers other product...

Ethereum Classic Price Technical Analysis ETC/USD Holding Key Support "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Highlights

• Ethereum classic price declined recently, but managed to hold the $30.00-31.00 support against the US Dollar.
  • There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance at $34.50 on the hourly chart of the ETC/USD pair (Data feed via Kraken).
  • The pair might struggle to break the $35.00 level and the 100 hourly simple moving average in the short term.

Ethereum classic price is holding the ground against the US Dollar and Bitcoin. ETC/USD is facing a major barrier near $35.00, which must be breached for more gains.

Ethereum Classic Price Resistance

After an upside move above $37.00, ETC price faced sellers near $37.45 against the US Dollar. As a result, there was a downside reaction and the price moved below the $35.00 support. The decline was aggressive and the price fell below $32.00. However, the downside move was protected by the $30.00 support zone. Later, a recovery was initiated and the price was able to trade back above $32.00. It even traded above the 50% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $37.45 high to $29.13 low.

However, the price is currently facing a major resistance near $34.50-35.00. On the upside, there is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance at $34.50 on the hourly chart of the ETC/USD pair. The same trend line at $34.50 is around the 100 hourly simple moving average. Therefore, a close above $34.50 and $35.00 wont be easy in the short term. The pair is also seen struggling near the 61.8% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $37.45 high to $29.13 low.

Ethereum Classic Price Technical Analysis ETC USD

On the downside, the $31.00 and $30.00 levels are major supports and can be seen as buy zones.

Hourly MACD The MACD for ETC/USD is moving slowly in the bullish zone.

Hourly RSI The RSI for ETC/USD is moving lower and is currently below the 50 level.

Major Support Level $30.00

Major Resistance Level ...

18:34

Democrats Say Oprah Is Plan B For 2020 Election If Hillary Doesnt Feel Up To It Again "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT The leftist fake-news rumour mill has gone into overdrive today speculating that former talk show host and one of the most influential people on the planet, Oprah Winfrey could run for US president as a Democratic candidate in 2020, after her incredible speech at the Golden Globe awards in Los Angeles. While Oprahs celebrity status []

The post Democrats Say Oprah Is Plan B For 2020 Election If Hillary Doesnt Feel Up To It Again appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

18:32

The Young Emigrants; Madelaine Tube; The Boy and the Book; and Crystal Palace "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Young Emigrants; Madelaine Tube; The Boy and the Book; and Crystal Palace (New York: C. Scribner, 1851) (stable link)

Fibre Containers "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Fibre Containers (partial serial archives)

Outlines of the History and Progress of Botany "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Outlines of the History and Progress of Botany (ca. 1740) (page images at NIH)

Observations on the Structure of Muscles (Home) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Observations on the Structure of Muscles (reprint from Philosophical Transactions; 1795), by Everard Home (page images at NIH)

Pharmaceutice Rationalis, Sive, Diatriba de Medicamentorum Operationibus in Humano Corpore (Willis) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Pharmaceutice Rationalis, Sive, Diatriba de Medicamentorum Operationibus in Humano Corpore (third edition, in Latin; Oxford, UK: E Theatro Sheldoniano, prostant apud. Ric. Davis, 1679), by Thomas Willis (page images at NIH)

Pharmacopoeia Londinensis, or, The London Dispensatory (Culpeper) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Pharmacopoeia Londinensis, or, The London Dispensatory: Further Adorned by the Studies and Collections of the Fellows, Now Living in the Said Colledg: Being That Book by Which All Apothecaries are Bound to Make Up All the Medicines in Their Shops (London: Printed by Peter Cole, 1665), by Nicholas Culpeper (page images at NIH)

Outlines of Experiments and Inquiries Respecting Sound and Light (Young) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Outlines of Experiments and Inquiries Respecting Sound and Light (reprinted from Philosophical Transactions; London: Printed by W. Bulmer and Co., 1800), by Thomas Young (page images at NIH)

Rousseau and the Problem of Human Relations (Warner) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Rousseau and the Problem of Human Relations (University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press, c2015), by John M. Warner (stable link)

The New Russian Nationalism (Kolst) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The New Russian Nationalism: Imperialism, Ethnicity and Authoritarianism, 2000-15 (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, c2016), ed. by Pl Kolst and Helge Blakkisrud (stable link)

US Nation-Building in Afghanistan (Keane) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

US Nation-Building in Afghanistan (London and New York: Routledge, c2016), by Conor Keane (PDF with commentary at oapen.org)

Pudd'nhead Wilson (Twain) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Pudd'nhead Wilson: A Tale (London: Chatto and Windus, 1894), by Mark Twain, illust. by James Mapes Dodge and Louis Loeb (page images at HathiTrust)

The Young Emigrants (Sedgwick) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Young Emigrants: A Tale Designed for Young Persons (Boston: Carter and Hendee, 1830), by Susan Anne Livingston Ridley Sedgwick (page images at HathiTrust)

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (New York: Harper and Bros., c1889) (page images at HathiTrust)

18:30

Nvidia Curbs Data Center GPU Use  But Crypto Miners Are Excluded "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

GPU maker Nvidia has tweaked its software license agreement to limit the use of its products by data centers unless they're mining cryptocurrencies.

18:22

The birthday card David Bowies son drew for his father two days before he died will give you feelings "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Its coming up to the second anniversary of David Bowies death the 10th of January and his son film director Duncan Jones has taken the opportunity to post the birthday card he made him two days before he left us.

Im holding the baby, hes holding me! writes @Manmademoon over on Twitter.

We also liked this reply from David thats you that is Baddiel

And this snap of Dame Bowie hiding behind a tree smoking a fag

You aint seen me, right?

The post The birthday card David Bowies son drew for his father two days before he died will give you feelings appeared first on The Poke.

18:10

365 Challenge: Day 303 TBR "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

TBR: To Be Read, as in the next few books on my list of reads

tbr.png

Ive spent the last 6 months feeling highly disorganized with my reading and book purchasing. I have favorite authors, books people have bought for me as gifts, books I want to read, and requests for reading & reviewing other peoples work. My TBR shelf grew to over 1200 in 2017, which prompted me to create the Book Bucket List, where you can vote each month to select a book from my top 12 that I want to read. I thought that would help, but its not as streamlined as I need it to be.

I promised myself I could no longer buy or download any books in 2018 until I finished everything I already owned 31 currently either via Kindle or on my physical library shelf. So I have 31 books to read in the next 2+ months before I will accept any book review requests or buy new books. Ive created custom shelves on Goodreads to show what Ill be reading in January, February and March. Ive listed only January and February in this post, which will be my new guide for reading until things are back in control. Ill post this update once per month with a rolling two-month period showing my planned reads.

Ill still have the monthly Book Bucket List, which will have some of these, plus ones from my future TBR...

18:00

Rogue Software Mines and Sends Monero to North Korean University "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The post Rogue Software Mines and Sends Monero to North Korean University appeared first on CCN

A software application has been discovered that installs code for mining Monero and sending the coins to Kim Il Sung University in Pyongyang, North Korea. The report by Alien Vault, a security firm, indicates North Korea is seeking sources of cash for its suffering economy. The application was created on Dec. 24 and uses host computers to Continued

The post Rogue Software Mines and Sends Monero to North Korean University appeared first on CCN

17:54

Rustic winter decorating with black, white and wood "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

To winter decorate or not to winter decorate That was a real question for a while. Traditionally, once Christmas is a wrap, I like to take everything down and pull the decorating back to bare bones to enjoy the empty sparce look for a spell. However, once I started undecorating the Christmas tree, I stopped. []

The post Rustic winter decorating with black, white and wood appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.

17:53

Deconstructing The Construct Ep 32 9 Jan 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

I received a message from Leeloo on Dec 29 2017 in which she introduced me to the molecule 3ZB and made mention of breathing in water among other things

Leeloos Message

17:53

Berliners, come test new features with us (again) and get a T-shirt! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

We are working on making it much easier to permanently install additional software in Tails.

We want to test our design with users to make sure that it is really easy to use.

Don't be shy! It will be a great opportunity to contribute to world-class privacy software like Tails, even if you don't feel really tech-savvy.

The tests will take place in Berlin (Wedding) in January on:

• Saturday 27
  • Sunday 28
  • Monday 29

Plan to stay with us for 1 hour.

We will give...

Berliners, come test new features with us (again) and get a T-shirt!

17:30

Ripple Price Technical Analysis XRP/USD Under Pressure "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Highlights

• Ripple price declined sharply from the $2.80 swing high to well below $2.00 against the US Dollar.
  • There is a major bearish trend line forming with resistance at $2.50 on the hourly chart of the XRP/USD pair (data source from Kraken).
  • The price may continue to struggle to break the $2.50 resistance and the 100 hourly simple moving average.

Ripple price is under bearish pressure against the US Dollar and Bitcoin. XRP/USD could face an increase selling pressure around $2.50 in the near term.

Ripple Price Resistance

Yesterday, I pointed out an increase in selling pressure on Ripple price below $3.00 against the US Dollar. The price failed to make an upside move above $2.80 and started a major decline. The downside move was very strong as the price dipped below the $2.50 and $2.00 support levels. It even moved below the $1.80 support and traded as low as $1.6126. Later, an upside correction was initiated and the price moved above the 50% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $2.80 high to $1.61 low.

However, the price is facing a lot of hurdles near $2.50-2.60. There is a major bearish trend line forming with resistance at $2.50 on the hourly chart of the XRP/USD pair. The trend line resistance is also around the 100 hourly simple moving average at $2.60. Moreover, there was no proper break of the 76.4% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $2.80 high to $1.61 low. Therefore, there is a risk of more losses in the near term from $2.50. Should the price succeeds in moving above $2.50, there can be more recoveries toward $2.80.

Ripple Price Technical Analysis XRP USD

On the downside, the $2.20 and $2.00 levels are decent supports and buy zones.

Looking at the technical indicators:

Hourly MACD The MACD for XRP/USD is slightly in the bullish zone.

Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) The RSI for XRP/USD is still below the 50 level.

Major Support Level $2.20

17:24

Yet Another Study Shows How Chemotherapy Promotes Inflammation, Causes Cancer to Spread "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

It seems there is mounting evidence that proves chemotherapy causes cancer to spread and yet it is still pushed as the main means of treatment. When will the truth be revealed?

Researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) have shown that the dead and dying cancer cells generated by chemotherapy as well as targeted cancer therapy actually trigger inflammation and this promotes aggressive tumor growth. Their findings were published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine. This team demonstrated that this unintended consequence of cancer treatment can, however, be stopped by resolvins. Resolvins are a family of molecules naturally produced by the body.

According to Newswise, these findings are consistent with clinical observations on radiation-generated debris dating back to the 1950s. Sadly, until now only a few studies have investigated this issue. These same researchers also noted that chemotherapy killed cancer cells to promote growth when a lipid molecule exposed the surface of dead and dying cells triggers the release of cytokines. This, in the end, sets the stage to also promote new tumor growth.

Dipak Panigrahy MD assistant professor of pathology in the Department of Pathology and senior author of this study told Newswise as follows:

In this study, we demonstrate that chemotherapy-generated debris from dead and dying tumor cells can stimulate tumor growth, which has pivotal implications for the treatment of cancer patients,

Conventional cancer therapy designed to kill tumor cells is inherently a double-edged sword.

This pro-tumor activity could fuel a positive feedback loop that is difficult to overcome with more aggressive cytotoxic therapy like chemotherapy and radiation,

This may explain the inherent therapeutic limit to cancer treatments available today.

These findings seem to open a door to a potential new more effective approach to preventing reoccurring cancers as well as treatment in general. Adding resolvins might be exactly what we need. While of course, more research will need to be done this is quite interesting and has tons of people thinking.

What do you think about all of this? Could this be as useful in the future as research seems to suggest? I guess only time will tell.

17:13

Punter And Mark Waugh Try Their Best To Sound Excited About Ch10 Shows Airing In 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet | CONTACT Who would you like to see go into the jungle Punter, joked Mark Junior Waugh during recent coverage of the Big Bash. It was just one of 12 plugs, for upcoming shows on Channel 10 in 2018 by the hosts, (including Mark Howie Howard) during the cricket that night. It has been []

The post Punter And Mark Waugh Try Their Best To Sound Excited About Ch10 Shows Airing In 2018 appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

17:07

Gluten-free MRE's? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Has anyone heard of gluten free MRE's? Prepping with Celliac family members has put me on the lookout for them, provided they exist. I realize being gluten free is a fashion trend with snow flakes, some folks have no hoice in the matter

To compound the issue, one member of my household was bit by a tick and now has an allergy to pork and beef....yeah, its a thing. A major PITA for strategic planning too.

17:00

The 5 Soul Groups You Belong To "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Do you ever feel like you just dont belong? Well, think again.

Your soul is energy and this same energy is what creates everyone and everything in this Universe. When broken down to purely an energetic state, we are all connected and we are all one.

We are all here because we have a purpose to be here and a reason and motivation for existing. Many wise sages over the years have said that Earth is simply a playground where we come to learn things and experience life in the material form.

On Earth we can indulge in physical and material pleasures, and learn what it means to feel love, hate and everything in between.

Read Entire Article

EOS Has a $1 Billion War Chest But Will Dan Larimer Stick Around Long Enough to Enjoy It? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

EOS Has a $1 Billion War Chest But Will Dan Larimer Stick Around Long Enough to Enjoy It?

On paper, EOS is a $6 billion company and the 14th largest cryptocurrency project in the world whose token changes hands for $10 a pop. It has raised over $700 million to date in the worlds longest running ICO, which began last June. By the time its done, the company, led by Dan Larimer, will have a $1 billion war chest at its disposal. The question is, will the charismatic founder stick around long enough to spend these riches?

Also read: Four Cryptocurrencies That Actually Meet the Definition of Vaporware

The Curious Case of the Man with the Itchy Feet

Dan Larimer is one of the crypto worlds best known entrepreneurs. The companies hes founded Steemit, Bitshares, and now EOS are worth billions, making Mr Larimer as wealthy as he is successful. Everything the programmer-turned-visionary touches turns to gold. Then, once the Virginia graduate has gotten his latest platform up and running, he packs his bags and moves on to the next thing.

EOS Has a $1 Billion War Chest But Will Dan Larimer Stick Around Long Enough to Enjoy It?...

More People Killed From Opioids Than Leading Diseases "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

Since 1999, the rate of drug overdose deaths has tripled in the U.S., rising to 63,600 deaths in 2016. This represents a 21 percent increase in deaths from 2015 alone, according to a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Preventions (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) report.1 The majority of the overdose deaths 66 percent involved opioids, a class of drugs so addictive and dangerous that the opioid epidemic was declared a public health emergency in 2017.

To put this in perspective, drug overdose deaths from opioids totaled 42,249 in 2016, which is over 1,000 more deaths than were caused by breast cancer that same year.2 To say it again, more Americans are now dying from overdosing on opioids than from breast cancer. Such deaths have also surpassed deaths from AIDs during the peak of its epidemic.

Robert Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch at the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), told the Daily Journal, "We've gone well beyond [the AIDS epidemic] now It's hard to take in."3 The death rates for 2017 appear to be rising still, with provisional data already at an estimate of more than 66,000 overdose deaths. "The fact that the data is incomplete and they represent an increase is concerning," Anderson told CNN.4

Alarmingly, drug overdoses are now the leading cause of death for Americans under the age of 50, with the deaths being driven by synthetic opioids like fentanyl, which can be anywhere from 500 percent to 1,000 percent more potent than morphine.5 The NCHS report revealed that the rate of deadly overdoses from synthetic opioids rose an average of 88 percent a year since 2013. "We're talking about more than an exponential increase," Anderson said of deaths from synthetic opioids.6

Pharma and Government Are the Biggest Deadly Drug Dealers

A Charleston Gazette-Mail investigation in 2016 revealed that drug companies shipped 780 million hydrocodone and oxycodone pills to West Virginia over a six-year period, as more than 1,700 state residents died from overdoses of the drugs. Thats enoug...

Go Organic "IndyWatch Feed Health"

30 Tips in 30 Days Designed to Help You Take Control of Your Health

This article is part of the 30 Day Resolution Guide series. Each day a new tip will be added designed to help you take control of your health. For a complete list of the tips click HERE

By Dr. Mercola

Many people want to lead a healthier lifestyle but arent sure where to start. In the realm of diet, in fact, most Americans (52 percent) believe its easier to calculate their income taxes than figure out what to eat to stay healthy.1 It shouldnt feel this hard, which is why I want to give you one tangible step you can take to overhaul your diet, and lifestyle, for the better: Go organic.

A survey by the Organic Trade Association revealed that, in 2017, Americans bought more organic foods and household products than ever, with sales reaching $47 billion in 2016 an 8 percent increase from 2015.2 Katherine Paul, associate director of the Organic Consumers Association (OCA), said in a news release, I think you are looking at a better-educated population that is connecting the dots between what they eat and their health.3

This is true, indeed, and organic products are now available in close to 20,000 natural food stores and 3 out of 4 conventional grocery stores in the U.S. Even the U.S. Department of Agriculture acknowledges their staying power in the marketplace, noting Organic products have shifted from being a lifestyle choice for a small share of consumers to being consumed at least occasionally by a majority of Americans.4 But despite the gains in popularity, organic sales account for only about 4 percent of total U.S. food sales.5

Avoiding Pesticides Is the No. 1 Reason People Buy Organic

Polling shows the No. 1 reason people go organic is to avoid pesticides, chemicals and all of those things that are not allowed in organics, Paul said,6 and this is a primary reason why goin...

16:42

CLOSE ABOVE $1.62 IS SUPPORTIVE OF NEM "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Are these bear flashes important for NEM buyers? Maybe, maybe not. In fact the deeper, the better and for most coins, we now need simple confirmations before we initiate longs.

A point in case is LTC, DASH and Monero. These are BTC alternatives which have been on the receiving end for pretty much the better part of December 2017.

For DASH, buyers were ramping up their long below $1000 and if it continues this way, prices could be on their way snapping back trend.

Lets have a look at other alt coin charts

CLOSE ABOVE $1.62 IS SUPPORTIVE OF NEM

NEM close above $1.62XEMUSD 4HR Chart for January 9, 2018

Its a pretty nice dip and bounce from $1.35 and what do we do from now? Well, as we can see, the long lower wick hints of intra-day buy pressure and it would be a total confirmation if NEM  inch higher in the coming sessions.

I would like to see a double bar reversal pattern after this candlestick pushing prices above the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level.

Until that happens, I dont recommend long entries.

DASH FIND SUPPORT BELOW $1000

DASH reverse from $950DASHUSD 4HR Chart for January 9, 2018

Before this bear pressure, all we needed was a bullish confirmation above $1300 but that didnt happen. Instead, sellers continue to push prices lower leading to that close be...

16:28

Mate Who Barely Uses Facebook Somehow Never Misses A Party "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact Its not that Gregory Ball doesnt like using social media, he just finds himself doing other things most of the time. Rather than fiddle with his phone during the long commute to his job at the Betoota Sailing Club, the popular bartender opts to play on his beloved Nintendo DS. When he gets a []

The post Mate Who Barely Uses Facebook Somehow Never Misses A Party appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

16:22

Here, Use My Zippo Says 18-Year-Old Glassie At His First Ever Staff Lock-In "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT A spritely young bloke only three or so months out of high school has today proven that he is more than equipped for the real world, after unveiling his very own zippo cigarette lighter, complete with his name engraved on it. Nathan Young turned 18 in September, but waited until after Schoolies to []

The post Here, Use My Zippo Says 18-Year-Old Glassie At His First Ever Staff Lock-In appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

16:08

Nuclear War and Spiritual War Call For Strong Repentance To Overcome "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Nuclear War would be devastating according to the CDC so on January 16th 2018 they will be doing an online briefing for the entire public in planning and preparing in the event of a Nuclear attack. Meanwhile society is experiencing severe spiritual warfare in the nature of witchcraft and anti-Christ spirits why? Because the age is coming to a close and the devil has only but a short time. Tune in as we discuss both and how we are to be prepared to overcome. This broadcast is a must hear for all. Tune in!
The Day of the Lord is at hand. Is your name in the Lambs Book of life? http://www.emoaf.org/Is-Your-Name-Written-in-the-Lambs-Book-of-Life-.html
Be a part of the 2018 New Years First Fruit Offering. Get more information here: http://www.emoaf.org/
Please help support the work of this end-time ministry with a donation. Donate online at: http://www.emoaf.org/Donate.html
or mail:
EMOAF| Evangelist Anita Fuentes
PO Box 218, Schertz, TX 78154
Thank you and the Lord richly bless you as you continue to walk in His ways

16:08

Ethereum Price Technical Analysis ETH/USD Resumes Uptrend "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Highlights

• ETH price rocketed above the $1200 before creating a dip and rip situation against the US Dollar.
  • A crucial bullish trend line with current support at $1060 prevented declines on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via SimpleFX).
  • The pair has resumed its uptrend and it looks set for a move above the $1220 level.

Ethereum price is forming bullish moves against the US Dollar and Bitcoin. ETH/USD corrected sharply and is currently poised to resume uptrend above $1220.

Ethereum Price Support

Yesterday, we discussed that ETH price is poised to break the $1200 level against the US Dollar. The price made a nice upside move and traded above the $1200 level. A new all-time high was formed at $1222.46 before sellers appeared. There was a major downside reaction and the price tumbled below the $1100 and $1000 support levels. However, the downside move was protected by the $950 support.

More importantly, a crucial bullish trend line with current support at $1060 prevented declines on the hourly chart of ETH/USD. The trend line support at $1060 along with the 100 hourly simple moving average acted as a decent support. The pair bounced and moved above the 50% Fib retracement level of the last drop from the $1222.46 high to $956.85 low. The current price action is positive since the price has moved above the $1150 level.

Ethereum Price Technical Analysis ETH USD

Moreover, the price is now placed above the 76.4% Fib retracement level of the last drop from the $1222.46 high to $956.85 low. Therefore, there are high chances of it breaking the $1222 high in the near term. If all goes well, the price could even accelerate above the $1250 level. On the downside, the $1120 support is an initial buy zone. However, the most important support is at $1060 and the 100 hourly SMA.

Hourly MACD The MACD is moving back higher in the bullish zone.

Hourly RSI The RSI is once again moving toward the 70 level.

Major Support Level $1060

Major Resistanc...

16:05

Energy Update Our True Voice Needs To Be Heard With Others "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Anastacia-Blue Beyond, Australian Correspondent, In5D.com Those who we have found it challenging to be able to speak up for ourselves with, those who are often closest to us and our hearts. I know many of you do and are able to do so, yet there are many that do find this a challenge or []

The post Energy Update Our True Voice Needs To Be Heard With Others appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

16:04

A Blockchain a Day? Big Pharma Seeks DLT Solution for Drug Costs "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Pharma heavyweights open up about how they envision a blockchain system improving the research and development process of new drugs.

16:01

ATB Coin Offers the Government of Venezuela to Use Coins as a Payment Method "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Venezuela plans to integrate cryptocurrency as a state payment method, said Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. The state considered the option of creating their own cryptocurrency El Petro, but the ATB Coin creators suggested that the authorities consider the option of introducing the ATB Coin cryptocurrency as a coin used at the state level.
This option has numerous advantages, the company said in a statement.

Firstly, the blockchain paradigm can be the best choice at the governmental level and eliminate the deficit in the financial sector of the country, making ATB Coin an alternative currency; secondly, ATB Coin can be an excellent solution for the Venezuelan economy, since it is transparent and works without intermediaries; Thirdly, ATB Coin is one of the fastest and safest cryptocurrencies, and finally ATB Coin is an excellent new source for the countrys economic recovery, since public debt denominated in US dollars or euros can be returned in a cryptocurrency that is not subject to inflation.

The latter is particularly relevant, since at the moment the Venezuelan economy is in stagnation and suffers from a high level of inflation. At the same time, the ATB Coin project has significant experience in working with the real sector of the economy and creating solutions for small and medium-sized businesses.

In the near future, the ATB Coin project will get even more widespread around the world the company approved the marketing budget for the first quarter in the amount of $ 2.5 million. This amount will be spent on comprehensive coin promotion, offline activities, development of partner network, co-branding activities with partners, development and promotion of the site, sponsorship of events and participation in conferences.

All this news has already led to an increase in the coin price by more than 100% in 1 day.
The main advantage of ATB Coin is the high speed of transactions, security, ecological POS mining, offline codes for payments under the guaranteed check principle, etc.

The post ATB Coin Offers the Government of Venezuela to Use Coins as a Payment Method appeared first on NewsBTC.

16:00

Mandela Effects, Ascension Flu, Nothing but LOVE is REAL! In5D FB Live w/ Gregg Prescott "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Gregg Prescott, M.S. Founder, Webmaster, & Editor, In5D.com In5D Founder Gregg Prescott talks about the Mandela Effects, Ascension Flu, and the nature of our own reality. Ive noticed a few more anomalies that tie into the Mandela Effect, which is showing us that our reality is changing by the millisecond! Be sure to take notice []

The post Mandela Effects, Ascension Flu, Nothing but LOVE is REAL! In5D FB Live w/ Gregg Prescott appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

16:00

Bitcoin and United States Dollar "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

0.00010 BTC = 1.49 USD
1.00 USD = 0.00007 BTC
Converter

15:43

Wikileaks Publishes Michael Wolff's Entire Sold Out Trump Book As a PDF "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

(Tyler Durden) Considering that Wikileaks made its name by leaking confidential and/or hard to find documents and information, and also considering the reversal in the Trump administration vis-a-vis Julian Assange, whom it first lauded only to threaten with incarceration in recent months, it is perhaps not surprising that moments ago the official Wikileaks twitter account published Michael Wolff's controversial - and largely sold out - book, "Fire and Fury" in pdf format.
Read more

15:42

Ethereum Tops Ripple amid Confusion on Cryptocurrency Prices "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

While Bitcoin remains firmly planted at the top of the crypto pile the race for second, third and fourth continues. The two main contenders for market capacity supremacy and second spots are Ethereum and Ripple, and ETH has just taken that position. XRP has suffered at the hands of analytics website Coinmarketcap.com which capriciously decided to omit South Korean exchanges from its price and volume calculations yesterday.

Metrics aside Ethereum has been making solid ground on Ripple which has held the number two position for a couple of weeks. ETH is up 35% for the week rising from $870 to a record high of $1,260 over the seven day period. After a correction in the market or Coinmarketcaps figures the altcoin is currently trading at just over $1,200 during the Asian trading session. The upswing has vaulted Ethereums market capacity to $117 billion at the time of writing and pushed it back into the second spot behind Bitcoin with $258 billion market cap.

Ripple conversely has been on a downward slide since its all-time high of $3.81 five days ago, it has dropped 35% during this period. XRP is still on a high from months of trading below $0.30 but rumors of Coinbase adoption being quashed and concern over company stakes and control over the crypto-coin have caused the resultant selloff.

Ripple received an additional kick when Coinmarketcap removed Bithumb, Coinone, and Korbit from its prices yesterday. XRP is traded heavily in South Korea and dropped by 16% in a couple of seconds on the website however this was not a true reflection of the market. Ripples chief cryptographer David Schwartz took to Twitter to clarify why the coin has fallen so sharply;

Coinmarketcaps decision to exclude Korean prices from the displayed XRP price made the price appear to drop, likely triggering some panic selling. Look closely at the data and dont be mislead.

South Korea and Japan together are responsible for almost 30% of global trade volume, so excluding Korean exchanges with so much influence on the markets could be considered folly. The purported reason for the omission is that crypto prices are significantly higher on South Korean exchanges than elsewhere, pr...

15:41

Dr. Michael Salla, Exopolitics.org 1-3-18 Global Elite taken to GITMO by US Special Forces Full Disclosure Implications "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Theres been a lot of talk and articles about Gitmo being prepared to accept high profile people, and I found this Dr. Salla article to be a credible collection of data regarding this.

The internet has been buzzing with rumors that high level VIP members of the Deep State (aka Cabal/Illuminati/Global Elite) are being detained for human rights abuses and corruption, and are being taken by U.S. Special Forces to military prison at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base (Gitmo) as a result of thousands of sealed indictments. Multiple sources have been reporting on some of the key VIP figures taken there. While these are still only rumors, recent events point to their plausibility.

[David Todeschini, a former USAF veteran] High-level confidential sources tell this reporter that the U.S. Military prison at Guantanamo Bay has been alerted to expect high-profile prisoners shortly possibly as a result of over 10,000 Sealed FEDERAL indictments. 1,000 Marines accompanied General Mattis to Gitmo to provide security for special prisoners.

[Dr. Jerome Corsi] Something is happening at GITMO flight records being shared on Subreddit post CBTS_stream HERE: https://t.co/3CnO7GpczZ Related to @realDonaldTrump executive order regarding confiscation of assets for those involved with human rights abuses

[Brenden Dilley, a radio host running for the US Congress] received information from another anonymous whistleblower who has a track...

15:39

M193 5.56 MM MEN Experience "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Has anyone here had experience with the German MEN manufactured 5.56mm M193 ammo? I am curious about velocity, groups and reliability.

15:32

Operators Manual - US Army - M16A2 "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Lancer submitted a new resource:

Operators Manual - US Army - M16A2 - M16A2/M4 Operators' manual

Operators Manual
W/COMPONENTS LIST
RIFLE, 5.56-MM,
M16A2 W/E (1005-01-128-9936)
AND
CARBINE, 5.56-MM,
M4 W/E, (1005-01-231-0973)
Read more about this...

Operators Manual - US Army - M16A2

15:26

Met Museum President Daniel Weiss Answers Questions About the New Admissions Policy "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Metropolitan Museum of Art President and CEO Daniel H. Weiss (image courtesy The Metropolitan Museum of Art)

Last Thursday, the Metropolitan Museum of Art announced its first new admissions policy in decades, which charges out-of-towners full price while New York residents continue to pay what they wish. Some critics have been very vocal about their belief that museums should be free and who can argue with that sentiment, even though its important to note that the Met Museum has never been free (visitors currently have to pay something, even if it is only a penny).

The realities of museums may been complicated, but it was already well-known that the museum had a $40 million deficit early last year. Sure, New York state residents and students from Connecticut and New Jersey will continue to enjoy the pay-what-you-wish policy, but is that enough? It certainly feels like a giant shift is taking place at an institution that is commonly referred to as one of the greatest museums in the world.

We spoke to Met Museum President and CEO Daniel H. Weiss about the new policy and how it fits with the museums larger vision.

The interview has been edited for clarity,

Hrag Vartanian: Do you think museums should be free? Should that be a goal, or something to strive for?

D...

15:12

Kazakhstan Vows To Improve Internet Services After Being Compared To Australia "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact Dauren Abayev, the Kazak minister of communications, spat out his tea and vodka this morning after discovering his nations internet service is on-par with that of Australias. Immediately summoning his subordinates, Mr Abayev cursed and spat at them for letting the infrastructure deteriorate to the point where theyre in danger of being mocked by every other []

The post Kazakhstan Vows To Improve Internet Services After Being Compared To Australia appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

15:08

Bitcoin Cash Price Technical Analysis BCH/USD Upside Hurdles "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Key Points

• Bitcoin cash price traded further lower and tested the $2300 support area against the US Dollar.
  • There is a new connecting bearish trend line forming with resistance at $2450 on the hourly chart of BCH/USD (data feed from Kraken).
  • The pair needs to break the $2450 resistance and the 100 hourly simple moving average to gain momentum.

Bitcoin cash price declined towards $2300 against the US Dollar. BCH/USD is attempting recovery, but is facing hurdles near $2450.

Bitcoin Cash Price Resistance

Yesterday, we discussed that bitcoin cash price could test the $2300 support area against the US Dollar. The price did move down and tested the $2300 and $2280 support levels. Buyers were successful in preventing further declines and the price started a recovery above $2325. It moved above the 23.6% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $2725 high to $2255 low.

However, the price is facing many upside barriers around $2400 and $2450. There is a new connecting bearish trend line forming with resistance at $2450 on the hourly chart of BCH/USD. The trend line at $2450 is positioned along with the 100 hourly simple moving average. Moreover, the 38.2% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $2725 high to $2255 low is around $2440. Therefore, the $2450 area seems be a major upside hurdle for buyers in the near term.

Bitcoin Cash Price Technical Analysis BCH USD

A close above the $2450 and the 100 hourly SMA is needed for a push above the $2500 handle. An intermediate resistance is at the 50% Fib retracement level of the last decline from the $2725 high to $2255 low. On the downside, the $2300 and $2280 levels may continue to act as crucial supports.

Looking at the technical indicators:

Hourly MACD The MACD for BCH/USD is slightly in the bullish zone.

Hourly RSI (Relative Strength Index) The RSI for BCH/USD is just around the 50 level.

Major Support Level $2300

Major Resistanc...

15:06

Girl Celebrates Little Brothers 21st With Photo That Clearly Shows Who Got The Genes "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT Local girl, Kat Donald (27) has today posted a lovely Facebook tribute to her little brother Keiran on the day of his 21st. Well thats what her mum and auntys think. And anyone who loves them equally and see the natural beauty in them all. However, close friends of Kats can see right []

The post Girl Celebrates Little Brothers 21st With Photo That Clearly Shows Who Got The Genes appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

15:01

This Is The Dark Side Of Being An Empath "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Empaths are affected by the energies of other people. With an innate ability to feel and perceive the emotions of others, they are highly sensitive, sometimes to an extreme.

Being an empath can cause someone to be naturally giving, spiritually-attuned, and an excellent listener. But it can also cause someone to feel overwhelmed, constantly fatigued, saddened, and lost.

The dark sides of being an empath are rarely seen, but theyre important to understand, especially if you are in a relationship with an empath.

1. Constant Fatigue

Read Entire Article

14:57

2018 Could be Banner Year for Nvidia, Miners "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Nvidia expected to launch more GPUs based on new Volta architecture, following the launch of the Titan V in December 2017. #ANALYSIS

14:56

The White Sniper "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Good book about Simo Hayha. Quite the humble hero. I give it two thumbs. :D

Simo Hyh (1905 2002) is the most famous sniper in the world. During the Winter War fought between Russia and Finland in 1939 1940 he had 542 confirmed kills with iron sights, a record that still stands today. He has been a role model for snipers all over the world and paved the way for them by demonstrating their significance on the battlefield. Simo Hyh was a man of action who spoke very little,...
The White Sniper

14:54

The Acceptance Criteria for Writing Acceptance Criteria "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Image by DirectWorksMedia

Many development teams are too familiar with the frustrations of unsatisfactory acceptance criteria or even the lack of criteria itself. Defining no requirements is like preparing for battle without a plan of actionthe team has taken more steps toward failure than success. I offer specific suggestions in crafting acceptance criteria that can improve any agile process.

First, lets quickly define acceptance criteria.

Acceptance criteria are the conditions that a software product must satisfy to be accepted by a user, customer or other stakeholders. (Microsoft Press)

Easy enough, right? Not quite. At this point, I would ask myself if this is where my definition of acceptance criteria stops. In addition to the definition above, any product owner should have answers ready for the following questions:

What do these conditions look like? Who creates these conditions? How many conditions should there be? How are outcomes measured?

Generally, acceptance criteria are initiated by the product owner or stakeholder. They are written prior to any development of the feature. Their role is to provide guidelines for a business or user-centered perspective.

However, writing the criteria is not solely the responsibility of the product owner. Acceptance criteria should be developed as a joint effort between the development team and the product owner.

Crafting these criteria together helps the development team understand the desire featured. It also helps the product owner catch missing details. Additionally, the owner gains a better understanding of feasibility, complexity, and scope.

Image by Maryna Z. & Dmiriy G.

Formatting acceptance criteria

Criteria can be written in a variety of formats. Most teams lean towards two specific types: rule-oriented or scenario-oriented.

Rule-oriented requirements are straight-forward. They list out observable outcomes. Display statement balance upon successful authentication.

On the other hand, scenario-oriented criteria tend to follow the GivenWhenThen template. This was derived from behavior-driven-development (BDD). This requirement outlines the expected observable result. This occurs when a particular action is executed given some contex...

14:45

Harvard Professors Predict Bitcoin Collapse Due to Government Regulation "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

According to some Harvard economics professors, Bitcoin will eventually collapse, in large part due to the undue weight of government regulation as a result of the danger of anonymous transactions. #NEWS

14:42

Rhodiola defeats chronic fatugue "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Rhodiola defeats chronic fatigue in just one week

(Naturalhealth365) The ancient Vikings reportedly utilized it for its refreshing powers. The Sherpa mountain people relied on it to help them scale the heights of Mount Everest. Rhodiola rosea, an herb grown in Arctic areas of Asia and Eastern Europe, is relatively little known in modern times but, it probably should be.
Recent scientific studies have consistently shown that rhodiola causes significant improvement in fatigue symptoms and starts working in less than a week.
If you suffer with chronic fatigue rhodiola may be the solution
Experts say that as many as one-third of adults suffer from fatigue symptoms that substantially interfere with the quality of their daily lives. Fatigue is generally defined as a sensation of tiredness, with an accompanying lack of energy and motivation even after spending hours in bed.
Differing lengths of fatigue episodes have varying definitions, with prolonged fatigue described as lasting between one and six months and chronic fatigue as lasting longer than six months. Untreated chronic fatigue can segue into chronic fatigue syndrome, with its related issues like, anxiety and depression.
Conventionally speaking, no safe and effective cure for fatigue currently exists. Yet, with the impressive results of studies on rhodiola that could be changing.
What does the latest scientific research reveal about rhodiola?
In a clinical trial published in 2017 in Complementary Medicine Research, researchers set out to evaluate the effects of rhodiola on 100 subjects aged between 18 and 60. The par...

14:40

Love with your heart, but think with your brain....don't be fooled by smoke and mirrors. "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

[IMG]

Unfortunately, political smoke and mirrors, are irresistible for some who are prepared to willfully suspend disbelief.

14:37

Reduce Your EMF Exposure "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

Reduce EMF Exposure

Story at-a-glance
  • Exposure to microwave radiation from baby monitors, cellphones, cordless phones, Wi-Fi routers, smart meters and other wireless devices causes serious mitochondrial dysfunction due to free radical damage
  • Excessive free radicals triggered by microwave exposure from wireless technologies have been linked to anxiety, Alzheimers disease, autism, cardiac arrhythmias, depression and infertility
  • The negative effects of EMFs are particularly harmful to pregnant women, putting their child at risk for ADHD and autism, as well as behavioral, emotional and social issues
  • In addition to using wired connections for your phone and computer, strategies that may help reduce the harmful effects of EMFs include optimizing your magnesium level and eating Nrf2-boosting foods
30 Tips in 30 Days Designed to Help You Take Control of Your Health
This article is part of the 30 Day Resolution Guide series. Each day a new tip will be added designed to help you take control of your health. For a complete list of the tips click HERE
By Dr. Mercola
The negative effects of...

14:33

Advocate Files for Immediate Regulation of Bitcoin in India "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Advocate Bivas Chatterjee filed a public interest litigation (PIL) on Friday in the Calcutta court to immediately regulate the flow of Bitcoin in and out of India. #NEWS

14:30

US Government to Sell Bitcoin Seized from Dark Web Dealer "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

US Government to Sell Bitcoin Seized from Dark Web Dealer

The US government has been approved by a federal judge in Utah to sell 513 Bitcoin and 512 Bitcoin Cash seized from an investigation involving Aaron Michael Shamo, a dark web dealer.

Also Read: Bitfury as Big Brother: Mining Company Tracks Bitcoiners

513 Bitcoin and 512 Bitcoin Cash

The U.S government is expected to sell all crypto assets of Aaron Michael ShamoShamofollowing his recent arrest, including approx. $10 million worth of Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BTC).

On May 31, 2017, Shamo along with other dark web operators including Drew Wilson Crandall, Mario Anthony Noble, and Sean Michael Gygi were found guilty of conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance, aiding the importation of a controlled substance, intentional adulteration of drugs, use of the US mail in drug trafficking, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and engaging in monetary transaction in property derived from specified unlawful activity.

When the dark web operators were found guilty of the charges filed by the FBI, the Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash holdings of the criminals were seized and moved to the custody of the United States Marshals Service (USMS).

The US government expressed its concerns over the high volatility rate of the crypto assets, suggesting they would rather sell the coins instead. Moreover, the US government stated that it is costly to securely store the seized coins in the official court document released and approved by Utah di...

14:22

Rumors Circulate that High Level Arrests Have Begun in the Crackdown on Human Trafficking "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The battle against human trafficking and exploitation has been an ongoing global blight throughout history. Today it is estimated that this multi-billion dollar industry is responsible for the enslavement and exploitation of approximately 20.9 million people around the world.

Despite the fact that this is a massive problem, affecting both men and women young and old, many of us are still unaware of the depth of the problem that we are facing in todays society.

The term human trafficking is often associated solely with sex slavery, however, that is only one of a number of situations that would fall under this umbrella. The Department of Homeland Security explains that human trafficking is modern-day slavery and involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act. By this definition, human trafficking would include a young woman forced into prostitution, a child forced into unpaid labor or a man working at a commercial farming operation after his employer stripped him of his passport, leaving him with no other recourse.

Source: Huffington Post

In recent history, world leaders have reaffirmed their dedication to cracking down on traffickers. Government leaders in the United Kingdom have developed plans to crackdown on the high rate of human trafficking in Nigeria, committing nearly $9.5 million USD to eradicate the problem at the root. Meanwhile, Egyptian law enforcement started 2018 with the detention of 75 people following a 14-month investigation by the Administrative Control Authority. The arrests included government officials, Egyptian citizens and foreigne...

14:20

Bitcoin Price Technical Analysis for 01/09/2018 Break and Retest "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin Price Key Highlights

• Bitcoin price recently broke below a short-term ascending trend line, indicating that a selloff is underway.
  • Price popped up from the $14,000 support zone to make a retest of the broken trend line support.
  • Applying the Fib tool on the breakout move shows the nearby resistance levels on this pullback.

Bitcoin price broke below a rising trend line to signal a reversal, which might gain traction after this pullback is completed.

Technical Indicators Signals

The 100 SMA is above the longer-term 200 SMA, though, so the path of least resistance might still be to the upside. The 200 SMA could hold as dynamic resistance since it lines up with the 38.2% Fib retracement level around $15,000 while the 38.2% Fib lines up with the 100 SMA at $16,000.

Stochastic is on the move up to indicate the presence of bullish momentum but the oscillator is already in the overbought zone to reflect rally exhaustion. RSI has plenty of room to climb before reaching overbought levels, so bulls could keep the correction going for a bit longer.

Market Factors

Bitcoin volumes have taken a significant hit last week on increased regulation in South Korea and appetite for altcoins, as well as equities. Traders continue to liquidate some of their holdings as bitcoin price appears unable to regain ground enough to attempt creating new highs.

Meanwhile, the dollar has drawn some support from stronger expectations of Fed tightening owing to the tax reform package. Data has been mixed, with the NFP falling short and consumer credit signaling a pickup in spending.

US CPI and retail sales figures are due later in the week, and the attention could be fixed on inflation data. After all, several policymakers spoke of weaker price pressures that might weigh on rate hikes this year, so confirmation from CPI data could be crucial.

As it turned out, several bitcoin ETF proposals have been withdrawn recently due to concerns about SEC regulation, undermining confidence in the cryptocurrecy.

The post...

13:55

Turnbull Says If Nation Knew What Condescending Meant Theyd Know Hes Not Condescending "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

LOUIS BURKE | Contributor | CONTACT After failing to appeal to ordinary Australians by appearing on Q&A and public transport, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is taking a different approach to his public image by letting you know that if you knew what being condescending is, youd know that hes not being condescending. Im just speaking in an intelligent manner []

The post Turnbull Says If Nation Knew What Condescending Meant Theyd Know Hes Not Condescending appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

13:52

Chris from Tennessee "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Hi everyone thanks for the add. I am Chris 50 years old and looking to embark on a new chapter in my life. I am beginning the new year looking for off grid property in western NC or East Tennessee. I have 40+ years of experience in hunting, camping, shelter building, foraging, survival techniques, gardening, wine and beer making. I recently retired and divorced so now is the time. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

13:48

180108 Quick Kp Message "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

https://youtu.be/O5_bl78Qnpo

Made this earlier today (using my Samsung Galaxy Tab A) and hopefully this came out okay. I finally figured out how to turn the (dammm) thing off!

But maybe some will resonate with the message.

Filed under: Kauilapele message, new energies

13:45

2018: The Year We Democratize Blockchain "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cryptocurrencies may be in a market mania, but that interest will spark a new wave of blockchain growth according to Deloitte's top blockchain lead.

13:35

GAO Fails to purchase firearms illegally online "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Faildozer by the GAO lol

FAIL: Investigators Tried To Illegally Buy Guns Online. Here's How Many They Obtained. | Daily Wire

Federal investigators late last year attempted to illegally purchase firearms online after congressional members asked them to assess how well the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives was doing with the enforcement of existing laws....
GAO Fails to purchase firearms illegally online

13:32

A Pop-Up Show for Social Justice Organized by Hank Willis Thomas, Michelle Woo, and Others "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Frohawk Two Feathers, Etranger (stranger) (2017), acrylic, graphite, and spray paint on canvas 84 x 84 inches

The more closely the art world aligns itself with the upper echelons of global capital, the less it seems like a potential force for radical social change. Enter Into Action, a nine-day long pop-up exhibition that aims to reinforce the connection between art and social justice, activism, and cultural resistance.

Organized by Hank Willis Thomas and Michelle Woo (of  For Freedoms), Glenn Kaino, Yosi Sergant, and Favianna Rodriguez, the project features artwork and installations by dozens of visual artists, performances, panel discussions and workshops on topics ranging from civil disobedience to climate change, and criminal justice reform. Notable participants include John Legend, Patrick Martinez, Shepard Fairey, Van Jones, SWOON, Andrea Bowers, and many more. Into Action is free and open to the public. Check the calendar for a full list of events.

When: Opens Saturday, January 13, 10am10pm
Where: 1726 N. Spring St., Chinatown, Los Angeles

into-action.us

The post A Pop-Up Show for Social Justice Organized by Hank Willis Thomas, Michelle Woo, and Others appeared first on Hyperallergic.

13:22

So about 2017, Part V: Two, not one "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Theres some stuff I just dont want to listen to anymore. Im a blogger, not a journalist.  When I write, the words are meant to convey heres what I like, not heres what it is.  That said, my perspective isnt one of me me me.  Its not always about what I like.  Many times, []

13:20

Guess how old Elephant Journal is turning this June? "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Folks ask why are you named Elephant?, all the time. Weve been around for nearly (sweet) 16 years, nowfirst as a magazine, now as a site with millions of monthly readers. And they still ask. I say, well, everyone loves elephants, first of all. Theyre matriarchal. Theyre deeply feeling, they mourn their dead. Theyre vegan. []

13:06

Five goals for a healthy marriage in 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Five goals for a healthy marriage in 2018

(By Andrea Stunz) My husband and I value forward-thinking and troubleshooting in most areas of our lives, especially our marriage. We like to look ahead and point out potential pitfalls that might become challenges. We arent always thorough but by trying, we are a step ahead. From the beginning of our almost three decades of marriage, we have tried to focus on making and keeping our marriage healthy. We are keenly aware of the foxes (Song of Solomon 2:15) that prowl the outskirts of our garden seeking to ruin. We are being extra purposeful this year to keep our eyes and hearts focused on maintaining a healthy marriage because we know what happens when we dont. I would like to share with you five goals that we feel can foster an intentional marriage in 2018.

Live the Gospel  We have a little wooden sign hanging in our house that says, Every family has a story. Welcome to ours. Our marriage story is one of immeasurable grace and continually finding ourselves on the path to redemption. We want to live out the Gospel and encourage others to do the same. When people see our marriage, we want them to feel the authentic and welcoming embrace of the Gospel. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. Ephesians 5:25-27 NIV CONTINUE

13:00

Empath Fatigue Is Your Compassion Wearing You Thin? "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

So, you know youre an empath. Youre someone who feels other peoples feelings. Youre having these crazy emotional fluctuations all day when youre around other people only to heave a sigh of relief when youre alone and things magically settle down.

Being an empath isnt easy. For one, it takes a lot of time to get used to the idea, and ignore all the western this is impossible mental chatter. It took me quite a while for sure.

I remember once upon a time having a conversation with my mother about this. Id observed that I very frequently had ideas at the exact same time that other people had them. How did I know that? Because Id say something and someone else would say I was just thinking that!.

Then there were the occurences of feeling just fine, and then sitting next to someone and suddenly having e.g. a stomach ache out of nowhere.

Upon asking this other person, it would turn out that she actually had a very upset stomach herself, and had had it all day. Hmmm, interesting. Talking to a sad person, Id become the one feeling sad. And so on.

Read Entire Article

12:46

Mucuna Pruriens Benefit side effects extract supplement l dopa, benefit for Parkinson"s disease, dopamine "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

Mucuna Pruriens benefit side effects extract supplement, l dopa, benefit for Parkinson's disease, dopamine 
Review of benefit for fertility, libido, sexual enhancement 
Depression treatment, mood elevation, a natural antidepressant 
January 1 2018 by Ray Sahelian, M.D., author of Mind Boosters book and Natural Sex Boosters book
In addition to extensive research information and suggestions on dosage and safety of this important medicinal plant, you will find on this page:

Mucuna Pruriens supplement, top quality, in capsule form, at a 15% L-dopa content that you can purchase.
Passion Rx, a potent sexual enhancer for men and women. It works within a few days to increase sexual stamina, sensation, libido, and blood vessel dilation for maximum engorgement. 
Mind Power Rx brain enhancement formula to improve concentration, alertness and mental stamina. The effects are noticed the first day.
Eyesight Rx with mucuna and dozens of important vision enhancing herbs and nutrients.

Benefits, side effects, review 
Mucuna pruriens, one of the popular Ayurvedic herbs, is also known as velvet bean or cowhage. This herb contains L-Dopa, a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine. The l dopa content increases when extracts are prepared and made in the form of supplement pills. L-dopa converts into dopamine, an important brain chemical involved in mood, sexuality, and physical movement.
Mucuna pruriens has antioxidant properties and has been used for generations in India for Parkinson's disease treatment. How well it works in Parkinson's disease is just beginning to be evaluated in research studies in western countries and no definitive conclusions can yet be made. Keep in mind that there are many other active substances in this herb, besides l dopa, that have an effect on the body and mind.
This article reviews the benefits, side effects and dosage of this herb, including its use for Parkinson's disease, depression and sexual enhancement.
Physician Formulas, Mucuna Pruriens, 200 mg, 60 Capsules 
buy Mucuna Pruriens extract supplement 200 mg, 15%....

12:41

What Good Can a Handgun Do Against an Army.....? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

What Good Can a Handgun Do Against an Army.....? by Mike Vanderboegh 18 Jun 2003 no Comments 10p

Submitted by Bill St. Clair on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:50:22 GMT

by Mike Vanderboegh

Michael Brian Vanderboegh

Sipsey Street Irregulars: Yeah, but what does that Three Percent thing...

What Good Can a Handgun Do Against an Army.....?

12:37

What Some Christians Totally Misunderstand About Spiritual Gifts "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

What Some Christians Totally Misunderstand About Spiritual Gifts

(By Dean Merrill) To hear some Christians talk about spiritual gifts, it evokes the opening crawl of a Star Wars movie: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away They reminisce about some wonderful camp meeting back in 1947, when there was a mighty move of God. They describe in glowing terms what they saw in an Oral Roberts or Kathryn Kuhlman healing crusade. They hark back to the Azusa Street awakening in Los Angeles (1906-09) and how, in spite of the prevailing Jim Crow laws and attitudes, the Holy Spirit brought whites, blacks, Hispanics and Asians together in a great flow of spiritual renewal.

Somehow I hear the voice of Gideon in the background, who said to the angel, O my lord, if the Lord is with us, then why has all this happened to us? Where are all His miracles that our fathers told us about? They said, Did not the Lord bring us out of Egypt? (Judg. 6:13b). He yearned to see God in action now, not just a hundred or two hundred years previous. I echo the earnest plea of the prophet Habakkuk: O Lord, I have heard the report of You, and was afraid; O Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of these years make them known; in wrath remember mercy (Hab. 3:2). READ MORE

12:36

Man Realises Hes Old After Gasps Replace Laughter During Recent Fall "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact A few short years ago, Marty Dollarhyde was playing Golden Oldies league with his old Betoota Dolphins teammates from the late 1960s. Hes given that way now, his knees and hips are simply shot. But back then, that didnt stop the barnstorming 70-year-old from putting the shoulder into a broken body or two. []

The post Man Realises Hes Old After Gasps Replace Laughter During Recent Fall appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

12:34

SEC Suspends Trading of UBI Blockchain Following Unexplained Market Activity "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Its dot-com mania all over again, as the SEC suspends trading of a zero revenue Blockchain company with a market cap exceeding $800 mln. The regulator cites unusual and unexplained market activity. #NEWS

12:32

Q-anon finally EXPOSED as CIA Psyop "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

This Q-anon has been relatively EXPOSED as just yet Another CIA Psyop running against Americans.

Lots of promise-NO delivery.

Promoting a "Do nothing but WAIT" premise.

This is CLEARLY the Deep State trying to buy time, while creating a Distraction from REAL issues like UraniumGate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_e5WI_mjg

12:31

Nuclear War and Spiritual War Call For Strong Repentance To Overcome "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Nuclear War would be devastating according to the CDC so on January 16th 2018 they will be doing an online briefing for the entire public in planning and preparing in the event of a Nuclear attack. Meanwhile society is experiencing severe spiritual warfare in the nature of witchcraft and anti-Christ spirits why? Because the age is coming to a close and the devil has only but a short time. Tune in as we discuss both and how we are to be prepared to overcome. This broadcast is a must hear for all. Tune in!
The Day of the Lord is at hand. Is your name in the Lambs Book of life? http://www.emoaf.org/Is-Your-Name-Written-in-the-Lambs-Book-of-Life-.html
Be a part of the 2018 New Years First Fruit Offering. Get more information here: http://www.emoaf.org/
Please help support the work of this end-time ministry with a donation. Donate online at: http://www.emoaf.org/Donate.html
or mail:
EMOAF| Evangelist Anita Fuentes
PO Box 218, Schertz, TX 78154
Thank you and the Lord richly bless you as you continue to walk in His ways

12:30

Bitcoin Adoption Continues to Thrive Within Africas Borders "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin Adoption Continues to Thrive Within Africa's Borders

According to multiple reports this week the decentralized currency bitcoin is still booming in many African countries. From South Africa to the Sub-Saharan region, citizens from all walks of life are finding bitcoin beneficial. This is making domestic cryptocurrency exchanges and peer-to-peer trading platforms volumes climb while digital currencies are also selling at a premium.

Also Read: Bitmari Becomes First Bitcoin Company to Partner With an African Commercial Bank

Bitcoin Interest and Adoption is Trending Among African Millennials

The digital currency bitcoin is trending in Africa according to many reports and Googles aggregated trend data. One particular group bitcoin is appealing to is African millennials, the columnist Catherine Byaruhanga from Uganda reports. For instance, a young resident from Kampala, Peace Akware, hopes her investment in bitcoin will grow enough for her to purchase a vehicle, and possibly even buy land some day. Another individual from Kampala, Martin Serugga, is teaching young millennials about cryptocurrencies in his weekly class that over 50 people attend. Serugga teaches the class how to trade cryptocurrencies against fiat used in the region....

12:29

Justin Bieber Posts Photo of Reading the Bible to His 95M Instagram Followers "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Justin Bieber Posts Photo of Reading the Bible to His 95M Instagram Followers

Singer-songwriter Justin Biebers latest proclamation of his Christian faith is a photo he posted to his Instagram account over the weekend. It shows him sitting down on an airplane seat, shirtless, with an open Bible on his lap.  So far, the image has drawn more than 6 million likes among his more than 95 million followers on the social media site.  On Dec. 29, the 23-year-old singer had posted a photo of a painting he had created that he titled Calvary.

He announced to his fans that he would be auctioning off the painting at a later date with proceeds from the auction going to victims of wildfires in California. The 23-year-old has spent the last year focused on growing deeper in his Christian faith. He has been speaking to his followers about Jesus Christ using social media.  Biebers Instagram bio currently includes a link to a Bible study by one of his pastor friends, Judah Smith, titled, Hows Your Soul? Small Group Bible Study. READ MORE

12:21

George Soros Purchases Blockchain Technology For $100 Million "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

George Soros has just purchased $100 million worth of shares of blockchain technology, in a move that will see the billionaire globalist control large portions of the cryptocurrency market.   According to a Securities and Exchange [...]

12:16

Bar Top Console Table "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

DIY Bar Top Console Table Rogue Engineer 1

By Jamison Rantz

Recently some good friends of our had there basement finished and bought a new flat screen and sectional sofa. After having a few gathering there we realized that the sectional by itself just wasnt enough seating. To add some more seating we came up with the idea of building a long counter height console table to go behind the sectional and act as a bar.

Nevertheless, I couldnt be happier with how it turned out and whats even better is the price tag of only about $50 in materials. Plus if you want to build one for a smaller sofa or loveseat it can be easily adjusted to do so. Oh and if you are looking for bar stools to go with it, check out this awesome deal on Amazon.

Dont forget to subscribe on YouTube and for sneak peeks of our upcoming projects be sure to check out Our DIY Life on YouTube,...

12:00

The Daily Wrap Up 1/8 The Sharp Drop Of Cryptocurrency, The Government Attacks Behind It, And Why It Quickly Recovered "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

TheLastAmericanVagabond.com

Over the last 24 hours, a lot has happened, as we now see every day. One story in todays Daily Wrap Up that is of extreme interest to many, is the recent sharp drop in the cryptocurrency markets. This was due in large part to some very specific actions by governments across the world, and []

The post The Daily Wrap Up 1/8 The Sharp Drop Of Cryptocurrency, The Government Attacks Behind It, And Why It Quickly Recovered appeared first on The Last American Vagabond.

11:43

Traditional Indian Masala Chai. {Recipe} "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Masala chai is the morning wake-up call in every household in almost all parts of India, except the South. Growing up, whoever woke up first in the house had the duty of boiling the raw milk that was delivered by the milkman in the wee hours of the morning and preparing chai for everyone. Since I am an early bird, I did this for several years. I fondly remember conversations I had with my dad during those early hours in the morning, as he was a morning person as well.

11:37

Smug New Employee Rocks Into Office Kitchen With A Salad For Lunch "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

KENT REGINALD | Cadet | CONTACT A local woman who just started a new office gig is unsure how long exactly she has to wait before he can really make the office kitchen her own. Michaela Trevor, 29, recently started working at a large Accounting firm in downtown Melbourne. Alongside the usual perks of working a dead-end 9-5 job []

The post Smug New Employee Rocks Into Office Kitchen With A Salad For Lunch appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

11:33

SITS NEWS Roundup: Popular and Important Articles and Updates -- January 1st to 8th 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

(Stillness in the Storm Editor) Here are the popular and important articles and updates for the week of 25th of December 2017 to the 1st of January 2018. 
- Justin
Read more

11:33

Benjamin Fulford -- January 8th 2018: Financial war may escalate into massive EMP attacks as final showdown looms "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

(Stillness in the Storm Editor) In honor of Ben's wishes to withhold posting the full update here is a portion of his report.

This post will be updated after approximately 3 days since its initial release; usually on Thursday.

Added links below. 
- Justin

Source - Benjamin Fulford

The ongoing war over the control of the financial system, and thus control over the future of the planet, is reaching a dangerous crescendo, multiple sources agree. Most significantly, the U.S. military distracted world attention last week with a fake feud between U.S. President Donald Trump and his former consiglieri Steve Bannon while they used SpaceX to launch their secret Zuma satellite, Pentagon sources say.
Read more

11:30

Silver, Cryptos, and the Moonshot (Video) "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Silver, Cryptos, and the Moonshot Video Silver Fortune Why is it that some silver and gold buyers are now switching to cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, and what it says about their investment philosophy Video Source

The post Silver, Cryptos, and the Moonshot (Video) appeared first on The Daily Coin.

11:23

GOP Lawmaker: Blacks Cant Handle Marijuana Because Genetics "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Wow: Openly racist GOP lawmaker in Kansas explains that black people cant handle marijuana because of their character and their genetics. In a deplorable display of ignorance and racism, State Rep. Steve Alford, a 75-year-old Republican from Ulysses, Kansas, explained to an all white audience why the legalization of marijuana is a bad idea. Allen []

11:22

Sessions Grants Big Pharma Monopoly On Synthetic THC While Waging War On Real Thing "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has hypocritically granted a monopoly on the sale of THC to big pharma company Insys Therapeutics whose drug fentanyl is responsible for killing tens of thousands every year.

Meanwhile he has promised to arrest people over a plant that makes them healthier and happier.

In a statement released by the justice department last week, Sessions reversed the policy of allowing states to make their own decisions on legalizing cannabis and vowed to use federal tax dollars and resources to enforcing this tyranny.

The Free Thought Project reports:

Revealing the sheer hypocrisy and criminality of Sessions movewhich vowed to uphold the archaic and despotic Controlled Substances Act of 1970 that prohibits the cultivation, distribution, and possession of marijuanaSessions DEA granted a company a monopoly on the sale of the synthetic form of the plant which contains the exact properties of cannabis.

The active ingredient in cannabis, THC, remains classified as a Schedule 1 drugmeaning the government claims it is dangerous, addictive, and has no medical value. Coincidentally, over the Thanksgiving holiday, the DoJs Drug Enforcement Administration granted Insys Therapeuticsa rogue pharma...

11:15

Yale Expert: Trump Could Cause Extinction of Human Species (People Are Gonna Die!) "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

As more time passes, we come closer to the greatest risk of danger.

People who have never personally assessed President Trump have lately been diagnosing him with mental illness and discussing the ramifications of this diagnosis that they made up.
Dr. Brandy Lee, a professor of psychiatry at Yale, a university that is supposed to be highly respected, told Newsweek that, if possible, she and other like-minded psychiatrists would "be declaring a public health emergency that needs to be responded to as quickly as possible."
As more time passes, we come closer to the greatest risk of danger," she added, "one that could even mean the extinction of the human species. This is not hyperbole. This is the reality.
That's not hyperbole, guys! Just the end of humanity forever.
You might think this violates the Goldwater Rule, which bars members of the American Psychiatric Association from commenting on the mental health of someone without actually examining them. It is so named because, during the 1964 presidential election, a magazine surveyed psychiatrists on whether or not Goldwater was psychologically fit to become president- and more than 2,000 responded, some who decided against him even suggesting a specific diagnosis. According to The American Psychiatric Association, "Simply put, breaking the Goldwater Rule is irresponsible, potentially stigmatizing, and definitely unethical." Apparently, that simple rule is too complex for Lee. She doesn't believe she broke it by doing the exact thing it says not to do.

Her reasoning is pretty impressive:
We are assessing dangerousness, not making a diagnosis. The two are quite separate: Assessing dangerousness is making a judgment about the situation, not the person. The same person may not be dangerous in a different situation, for example. And it is his threat to public health, not his personal affairs, that is our concern.
Lee also made headlines for stating in Vox just days ago:
"Surprisingly, many lawyer groups have actually volunteered, on their own, to file for a court paper to ensure that the security staff will cooperate with us. But we have declined, since this will really look like a coup, and while we are trying to prevent violence, we dont wish to incite it through, say, an insurrection."
Yes, Ms. Lee. That would look like a coup. You are correct. Don't believe Lee that humans are going to be wiped out? She has an explanation for that, too.
"That's a normal human respo...

11:12

Anne Dachel On the Shift from Teaching to Trauma Management in Our Schools as Special Education Needs Grow "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Anne Dachel As we begin a new year, the stories continue. Schools everywhere in the English-speaking world are trying to deal with children with special needs. Regular education is looking more and more like special education. Accommodations for children...

11:02

The Bumsteads Are Us! The Story of Chic Youngs Blondie Comic Strip "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

41yW+32FiPLOn the 9th of January 1901, the American cartoonist Murat Bernard Young, better known as Chic Young, was born in Chicago, Illinois. His first comic strip The Affairs of Jane, about a low-budget film actress who dreams of becoming a real movie star, earned young Chic $22 a week. Unsurprisingly, upon receiving a phone call from King Features Syndicates J. Gortatowski, offering him an annual salary of $10,000, the cartoonist took it as a prank by his work colleagues and refused the offer. Luckily for him, when he later applied to Gortatowski, the offer was still on. In 1924, Young came up with an idea for a new strip entitled Dumb Dora. This time, the comic was about a brunette lady who, as it turned out, was not dumb at all. But it was his 1930 comic strip Blondie that brought Young worldwide recognition and major financial success.

The title character of the strip, Blondie Boopadoop, is a stylish fun-loving and man-chasing young flapper. Yet her creator, Chic Young, recognized something more than a newsprint-ready blonde joke. She wasnt...

11:00

From Microplastics to Mega-Stories: Journalism Nonprofit Orb Works the Global-Local Angle "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Can a worldwide network of in-house journalists and publishing partners have a greater impact finding, reporting, and stirring change than they would have working alone?

Thats the bet Molly Bingham is making with Orb Media. Bingham is a photojournalist and documentary maker with a newspaper background who found herself detained in a Abu Ghraib prison cell some years ago.

Interior with a Woman at the Virginals, Emanuel de Witte,... "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Interior with a Woman at the Virginals, Emanuel de Witte, between 1665 and 1670

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog