IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Sunday, 18 March

02:31

Cartridges / Shells / Ammo kept in a safe for 20 years "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I was replying to a thread earlier and had a thought cross my mind tonight - something I hadn't thought of since departing my homeland many, many moons ago. That thought was about ammunition I put in a safe, along with a revolver I own.

I am considering a trip back to the US, probably later this year. After I arrive, one of the first things I will want to do is to go to a gun range. But, prior to doing so, I need to either make sure my stored ammunition is still in good shape. Or, will I...

Cartridges / Shells / Ammo kept in a safe for 20 years

02:11

Crypto Trading App Robinhood Expected to Hit $5.6 Billion Valuation with New Funding "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Robinhoods valuation is expected to jump fourfold to around $5.6 billion, driven by the stock brokerage apps popularity among millennials. The company, which offers cryptocurrency trades in addition to stock trades, is in the process of securing around $350 million from an investor group led by DST Global, a Russian firm. The group led Robinhoods Continued

The post Crypto Trading App Robinhood Expected to Hit $5.6 Billion Valuation with New Funding appeared first on CCN

02:11

Bitmain Announces New Monero-Mining Antminer X3, Cryptos Devs Say Will Not Work "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Monero vows to block the mining capabilities of Bitmains new Antminer X3 #NEWS

02:09

NEMESIS!!HILLARY CLINTON RUSHED TO HOSPITAL FOR DEGRADING HEALTH ISSUES "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the wikileaks tv YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

NEMESIS!!HILLARY CLINTON RUSHED TO HOSPITAL FOR DEGRADING HEALTH ISSUES .thanks for watching. Like,share and subscribe FAIR USE NOTICE: The use of media materials featured on this channel

02:00

Wendy McElroy: Privacy Do Not Come Late to the Revolution "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Privacy - Do Not Come Late to the Revolution

The Satoshi Revolution: A Revolution of Rising Expectations
Section 2: The Moral Imperative of Privacy
Chapter 6: Privacy is a Prerequisite of Human Rights
Segment 4: Privacy: Do Not Come Late to the Revolution

I think the Mailman is taking us on one at a time, starting with the weakest, drawing us in far enough to learn our True Namesand then destroying us. Vernor Vinge, True Names

True Names provides a point of reference for science fiction fans. The 1981 novella by Vernor Vinge is sometimes credited with launching the cyberpunk movement because it explores so many of the themes that were later developed in great detail. One theme: the protection of a true identity is vitally important to the freedom and the survival of an individual. A true identity is the name or other identifying information that can lead people directly to someone elses front door, whether the journey is to shake the persons hand or to arrest him. True Names has special relevance to the new privacy being created by cryptocurrency because it highlights the shift in the focus of privacy away from transactions to identities. Transactions and identities are no longer irrevocably connected. Indeed, they can be totally separated. And there are great advantages to doing so.

People will stumble over the issue of transparency when they consider crypto privacy. Because transactions on the blockchain are 100% transparent and avai...

01:47

I have a wheat intolerance "IndyWatch Feed Food"

I hear this comment with some regularity when, for instance, someone recognizes me as the author of the Wheat Belly series. This is a step in the right direction.

But saying that you have a wheat intolerance is like saying I have a tobacco intolerance. The impact of tobacco smoking on health ranges from mild impairment, to incapacitating diseases such as chronic lung disease and abdominal aortic aneurysms, to death. A rare person escapes the ravages of years of smoking, but most people develop at least one, if not half-a-dozen, health problems from cigarettes.

And so it goes with wheat: Its a rare person who escapes its effects. But many people dont recognize health problems caused by wheat consumption and think, for example, that their acid reflux, fibromyalgia, type 2 diabetes, lupus, or Barretts esophagitis are just a combination of bad luck and bad genes. Likewise, many people dont realize that cataracts, plantar fasciitis, eczema, toe fungus, gallstones, and fatty liver are largely a result of the bagel or bran breakfast cereal you have every morning, the pasta salad for lunch, or rolls with dinner.  In other words, thinking that intolerance to wheat and related grains only shows up as celiac disease or gluten sensitivity is like believing that, if you dont have an aneurysm in your abdominal aorta, then you must therefore be healthy despite smoking two packs a day.

There are also many silent processes that you are unaware of that develop with wheat and grain consumption. These silent processes can eventually catch up to you in the form of a heart attack, an autoimmune condition, dementia or other disease that develop over decades. Among the silent processes that develop with each pretzel, sandwich, or wrap you eat are:

• Intestinal leakinessThe gliadin protein of wheat and related grains has been shown to initiate the process of intestinal leak, i.e., a physical separation of the intercellular barrier (tight junctions) between intestinal cells that allows various substances to enter the bloodstream, such as the lipopo...

01:40

Burris XTR II 2-10x Scope With SCR MOA Reticle Review: Best DMR Optic? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Mrgunsngear Channel YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

I do some shooting with the Burris XTR 2 2-10x scope, compare it to the XTR II 1-8x, explain the SCR reticle, and what I think of the scope overall.

Burris XTR II 2-10x: http://amzn.to/2FUcAOq
Burris XTR II (code MAC5 for 5% off): https://goo.gl/fizGAN

Mrgunsngear shirt: https://goo.gl/jdh6Kc

Mrgunsngear patches/stickers: https://patriotpatch.co/collections/mrgunsngear

https://www.amazon.com/shop/mrgunsngear

http://www.freedommunitions.com

www.Mrgunsngear.com

www.facebook.com/mrgunsngear

www.twitter.com/mrgunsngear

Music by Youtube Creators & Epidemic Sound

01:40

Q&A On Storing Meat Without Refrigeration In Hot Areas "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

You work hard to stretch your grocery dollars, but theres no way around it meat is expensive. When you find a good deal, or if youre preparing for an emergency, you stockpile. Also, if youre a hunter like most of the people in my family are, you probably bring in game meat.

Regardless of how much meat you have in the freezer a lot or a little when emergency strikes, you dont want it to go bad.

Storing Meat Without Refrigeration In Hot Areas

How can I store meat in Florida with no refrigeration? Your attic is not cool, your storage building is not cool, and if you go underground it is still only about 68F if you are lucky. Can you please give me some ideas?

Thank You.

Frank

Yes, Frank, you got it right! This isnt much of an issue if you lose power because off a blizzard in Connecticut in February. Thats an entirely different set of worries, but keeping meat cold isnt one of them. But if you lose it because of a hurricane in Florida or Texas or the Bahamas in September, you have a problem. I know it because I live in Florida too.

Once meat defrosts, youre on a pretty strict time-clock, especially if you dont have a fridge. There are, of course, refrigeration units that you can build that dont need power, but chances are good that if youre reading this, youre probably a little too far behind the eight ball for that kind of info to do you any good.

Here are some tips that may help you get a bit more mileage before your meat goes bad. None of them are long-term solutions to refrigerating meat without power, but theyll help you get through a little longer.

Freeze Jugs and Baggies of Water

If you know the emergency is coming and you have meat stored in your refrigerator, prepare. Block ice melts much slower than bagged, cubed ice, plus youre probably not going to be able to lay hands on a bag of ice for two hundred square miles.

I save milk jugs and juice jugs (a couple of different sizes) and fill them with water. I usually fill some quart-sized baggies, too, then I freeze them. Typically, it takes a day or a day and a half for the milk jugs to freeze all the way through, and less for the smaller containers and baggies.

I realize you may not have much room in your freezer to hold the jugs, but since youre only a few days away from the storm, Throw the frozen ones to the back of the top shelf of the fridge where its coldest and throw a few more in the freezer.

Basically, what youre doing here is creating the elements for an old-fash...

01:19

An Irish Ghost Story: The Curse of the Maynooth Ghost Room "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

What drove young priests in training to suicide in Maynooth's notorious Ghost Room?

01:16

TERMINATORS ARE COMING!!! OMGZ "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

So I'm reading this "news story" about Stephen Hawking's final prediction. It kind of goes along with some of the patents that have been filed recently including AI, robots, self driving cars, etc.

Stephen Hawkings final Reddit post is going viral over its ominous warning about robots

If machines...
TERMINATORS ARE COMING!!! OMGZ

01:04

LASD Deputy Needed to See Robbers Hands | Active Self Protection "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Active Self Protection YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Please thank MantisX for bringing us todays video of a LASD Deputy who needed to see this robbers hands! Check them out at https://get-asp.com/mantisx or their FB page at https://www.facebook

01:01

More Bubble Talk: Visa CFO Loses His S**t on Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Vasant Prabhu, CFO of card leader Visa, cant seem to come to terms with bitcoin. He didnt hold back his ire for the decentralized network to the Financial Times, instead pointing to its appeal for every crook and dirty politician not to mention clueless speculators. Visas Prabhu has been shocked by misguided retail investors who Continued

The post More Bubble Talk: Visa CFO Loses His S**t on Bitcoin appeared first on CCN

00:57

Ochit new to the forum "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Browsing around found this forum and decided to join in.

00:48

Wildlife on the brink! Biodiversity is in crisis as a comprehensive global appraisal of the damage starts today but is it too little too late? "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

• Planet has crossed the tipping point
  • By 2020 two thirds of all wild animals who once lived in the world will be dead.
  • The worlds primates face an extinction crisis with 60% of species now threatened with extinction
  • Unprecedented death of millions of tons of marine life around the worlds oceans and waterways

In just three years time, the World will have lost two-thirds of all wild animals.
This amazing statistic from The Living Planet Index goes on: The number of wild animals living on Earth is set to fall by two-thirds by 2020, according to a new report, part of a mass extinction that is destroying the natural world upon which humanity depends.
The analysis, the most comprehensive to date, indicates that animal populations plummeted by 58% between 1970 and 2012, with losses on track to reach 67% by 2020. Researchers from WWF and the Zoological Society of London compiled the report from scientific data and found that the destruction of wild habitats, hunting and pollution were to blame.

Starting Saturday, a comprehensive, global appraisal of the damage, and what can be done to reverse it, will be conducted in Colombia.
The science is clear: biodiversity is in crisis globally, WWF director general Marco Lambertini told AFP ahead of a crucial meeting of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES).
We depend on biodiversity for the food we eat, the water we drink, the clean air we breathe, the stability of weather patterns, and yet our actions are pushing natures ability to sustain us to the brink.

According to The Daily Mail, there are an estimated 8.7 million plant and animal species on our planet and about 86 percent of land species an...

00:42

What Did You Do To Prep This Week? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Hello, folks, its hard to believe that its been a full week since our last segment. As they say, time flies when youre having fun or something like that You are having fun prepping right? If not then youre doing it wrong! Are you having fun prepping?

Before we get started with this weeks segment Id like to invite you to go over and look at a new site that I set up a couple of weeks ago. Its called Dude, Im Broke! The site is unique in that I search out camping, hunting, prepping and related gear thats priced at $20...

Read the whole entry... 

00:40

Coca-Cola Admits Its Dasani Bottled Water May Be Contaminated With Plastic "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Carey Wedler

This week, a study of eleven popular water bottle brands revealed microplastics are pervasive in packaging around the world. Though this may be unsurprising considering the widespread use of plastics, Coca-Cola admitted the possibility that their water products contain synthetic materials.

The research was commissioned by Orb Media, a non-profit journalistic organization, and conducted by researchers at the State University of New York. International brands tested included Nestle Pure Life, Evian, San Pellegrino, Dasani (owned by Coca-Cola), and Aquafina (owned by Pepsi), and overall, the results indicated there were microplastics in 93 percent of the bottles tested.

Nestle clocked the highest rate of microplastics per liter, with a high of 10,390 particles per liter (ppl). By comparison, the average for all brands tested was 325 ppl. Dasani aligned with the average, coming in at 335 ppl. Aquafina was at 1,295 while Evian and San Pellegrino had smaller amounts than the average (256 and 75, respectively). National brands had significant rates, including Aqua of Indonesia (4,713), Bisleri of India (5,230), and Epura of Mexico (2,267).

Of the 259 bottles tested from 19 locations in nine countries, only 17 were entirely free of microplastics.

Though Nestle had the highest rate of plastics, the company disputed the findings. In a statement to the BBC, they said its own internal testing for microplastics began more than two years ago and had not detected any above trace level, the outlet reported. A spokesman added that Prof...

00:37

Family of Voice Star Christina Grimmie Helps Others Cope With Tragedy "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Christina Grimmies brother, Marcus, is still coming to terms with The Voice contestants tragic death two years ago. Grimmie, a rising star in the music world, was shot and killed during a post-concert meet-and-greet 2016. She was 22. Marcus helped launch the Christina Grimmie Foundation in her honor, with the goal of helping those hurt by tragedy the same way he was comforted by others. InsideEdition.coms Leigh Scheps (http://twitter.com/LeighTVReporter) has more.

00:30

Keiser Report: Quantum Nature of Bitcoin (Video) "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Keiser Report: Quantum Nature of Bitcoin Video RT TDC Note HODL the single worst piece of advice anyone could ever listen to or adhere to only a blind, stupid braindead moron would follow this type of...

The post Keiser Report: Quantum Nature of Bitcoin (Video) appeared first on The Daily Coin.

By Trumps Logic on Death Penalty for Drug Dealers, Big Pharma Should Be First "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Jack Burns

On Thursday someone with ties to the Trump administration leaked information which indicates the president plans to execute drug dealers in an attempt to curb the national overdose death crisis. But absent from the presidents yet-unannounced policy is any accountability directed toward the billion-dollar pharmaceutical pain-killer industry largely responsible for the nearly 60,000 yearly overdose deaths which have surpassed 200,000 since 1999. If its true the president plans to apply the death penalty for street-level heroin dealers, the same punitive measure, logically, should be applied to the pharma-cartel as well.

To clarify, the Free Thought Project is not advocating for the death penalty for anyone. Government violence has not and never will be able to stop the sale and use of substances deemed illegal by the State. However, by this logic, the producers of pharmaceutical opioids are culpable under this alleged penalty. Rest assured, however, that they will undoubtedly be excluded from it due to their elite status and influence in the government.

To illustrate the hypocrisy of such a move, consider the following.

What did you do for your preparedness this week? (2018-03-17) "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

This weekly post is an open-forum, though preferably focusing on what we all did this week for our prepping & preparedness. Comment and voice your thoughts, opinions, accomplishments, concerns, or questions for others on any general topic of preparedness. The purpose for this weekly open-forum is for any off-topic conversation during the week. Keep up to date with recent comments from ALL articles.   A Call To Action (Support Modern Survival Blog) As many of you know, the tech giant monopolies of the internet are quite apparently actively engaging in political censorship. For websites and social media accounts that

The post What did you do for your preparedness this week? (2018-03-17) appeared first on Modern Survival Blog.

Thailand to Pass Two New Cryptocurrency Laws "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Thailand to Pass Two Laws on Cryptocurrencies

Thai regulators have reportedly agreed to enact two separate laws on cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings. They will regulate crypto businesses, the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies, as well as their taxation.

Also read: Japans DMM Bitcoin Exchange Opens for Business With 7 Cryptocurrencies

Two Laws Being Drafted

Thailand to Pass Two Cryptocurrency LawsMr. Apisak Tantivorawong.

The Thai Minister of Finance, Mr. Apisak Tantivorawong, said on Thursday that the government is preparing to announce the regulations for cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings (ICOs) by the end of this month, Channel 7 news reported.

After the cabinets meeting, the countrys deputy prime minister, Mr. Somkid Jatusripitak, explained that two laws are being drafted, according to Thai Rath newspaper.

00:29

Weekend reads: No reproducibility crisis?; greatest corrections of all time; an archaeology fraud "IndyWatch Feed Health"

The week at Retraction Watch featured the retraction of a paper on homeopathy whose authors had been arrested; news about 30 retractions for an engineer in South Korea; and a story about how two stem cell researchers who left Harvard under a cloud are being recommended for roles at Italys NIH. Heres what was happening Continue reading Weekend reads: No reproducibility crisis?; greatest corrections of all time; an archaeology fraud

00:24

Winning the Prepper Lottery "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Winning the Prepper Lottery

Winning the Prepper Lottery
Micheal Kline Reality Check Audio player below!

In this show we are going to be playing a little bit of fantasy. Sometimes you need to take a break from the doom and gloom and have fun. So tonight we are not going to be teaching a skill or cool prepper tool. Tonight we are going to talk about what we would buy if we won the lottery.

Continue reading Winning the Prepper Lottery at Prepper Broadcasting Network.

00:10

What are we missing "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Anyone else get the feeling the recent events are a distraction?

Saturday, 17 March

23:52

Stoner 63A Automatic Rifle The Original Modular Weapon "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Forgotten Weapons YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

https://jamesdjulia.com/item/53234-3-402/

Ultimately, the Stoner system was able to achieve its remarkably light weight be sacrificing durability. The weapon was engineered extremely well and was not a danger to itself (like, for example, the FG-42), but it was prone to damage when mishandled by the average grunt. This would limit its application to elite units like the SEALs, who were willing to devote the necessary care to the maintenance and operation of the guns in exchange for the excellent handling characteristics it offered.

http://www.patreon.com/ForgottenWeapons

Cool Forgotten Weapons merch! http://shop.bbtv.com/collections/forgotten-weapons

If you enjoy Forgotten Weapons, check out its sister channel, InRangeTV! http://www.youtube.com/InRangeTVShow

23:48

Generator life cycles "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I've seen some wildly varying numbers here and there, but would like to find info on how long various grades of generator will last (actual usable lifetime). I've heard a generator like Generac, or other store bought "emergency backup" models have roughly a total life of 2000 hrs, including backup models. I called and talked to the manufacture of my 10kw (20kw surge) Porter Cable (Honda 20hp engine) and was told a total life of 1500-2000 hrs, so that was consistent. Anyone know how long a...

Generator life cycles

23:46

Explained Simply: How an AI program mastered the ancient game of Go "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Image credit

This is about AlphaGo, Google DeepMinds Go playing AI that shook the technology world in 2016 by defeating one of the best players in the world, Lee Sedol.

Go is an ancient board game which has so many possible moves at each step that future positions are hard to predictand therefore it requires strong intuition and abstract thinking to play. Because of this reason, it was believed that only humans could be good at playing Go. Most researchers thought that it would still take decades to build an AI which could think like that. In fact, Im releasing this essay today because this week (March 815) marks the two-year anniversary of the AlphaGo vs Sedol match!

But AlphaGo didnt stop there. 8 months later, it played 60 professional games on a Go website under disguise as a player named Master, and won every single game, against dozens of world champions, of course without resting between games.

Naturally this was a HUGE achievement in the field of AI and sparked worldwide discussions about whether we should be excited or worried about artificial intelligence.

Today we are going to take the original research paper published by DeepMind in the Nature journal, and break it down paragraph-by-paragraph using simple English.

After this essay, youll know very clearly what AlphaGo is, and how it works. I also hope that after reading this you will not believe all the news headlines made by journalists to scare you about AI, and instead feel excited about it.

You DONT need to know how to play Go to understand this paper. In fact, I myself have only read the first 34 lines in Wikipedias opening paragraph about it. Instead, surprisingly, I use some examples from basic Chess to explain the algorithms. You just have to know what a 2-player board game is, in which each player takes turns and there is one winner at the end. Beyond that you dont need to know any physics or advanced math or anything.

This will make it more approachable for people who only just now started learning about machine learning or neural networks. And especially for those who dont use English as their first language (which can make it very difficult to read such papers).

If you have NO prior knowledge of AI and neural networks, you can read the Deep Learning section of one of my previous essays...

23:43

Pentavalent Vaccine - Doctors Raise Red Flag "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Jacob Puliyel MD MRCP M Phil New Delhi, India 14 March 2018. Pentavalent vaccine (PV) that was introduced by India six years ago doubled the deaths of children soon after vaccination compared to DPT (Diphtheria-Pertussis- Tetanus) vaccine according to...

23:43

Grandmas Garden by Pastel in Buenos Aires "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Argentinean muralist Pastel just sent us some images from his latest artwork which was just revealed somewhere on the streets of Buenos Aires in Argentina.

Entitled Grandmas Garden, Pastel brought to life some of his signature plant-based imagery for the locals to enjoy.

The idea of a garden-form, characteristic of housing typologies in residential neighbourhoods, that managed to capture the energy of the post-war European immigrants who came to root themselves in a new land. This garden-form constituted a wider spectrum of the boundary between private and public, oxygenating common spaces. The front garden acts as a space for contemplation, both for the owner and for anyone who passes it on the street. Pastel

Take a look at more images below and if you are in the area, youll be able to find it around Villa Ballester.

23:42

Big Four Giant PwC Announces Blockchain Auditing Service "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Price Waterhouse Cooper LLP, a Big Four accounting firm that has supported various blockchain projects, has announced a blockchain audit service that it claims will encourage people to use the still new technology, according to The Wall Street Journal. PwC was expected to present the new service Friday. The service will allow companies to offer Continued

The post Big Four Giant PwC Announces Blockchain Auditing Service appeared first on CCN

23:41

3 videos about the 2nd Amendment and what's happening to us? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

OK recently viewed these and found them very interesting... as some here like to say YMMV...

all of them are available to watch free on Amazon...

2 of em are made by of all things a ?politician? for the state of Idaho?

Names are named and connections made... thinkin you might find this interesting as well..

Amazon.com: Keep and Bear: Darren Doane, Natalie Doane...

3 videos about the 2nd Amendment and what's happening to us?

23:12

AR barrel nut stuck "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

OK, so my bro'n'law brings me an upper. Everything is off and he wants me to install a free float he got at a show. No problem.....
That barrel nut is on something north of 200 ft lb. That's what I weigh, and I was doing pushups on an 18" breaker bar plugged into the nut wrench try to free it.
Any ideas before I cut off the D-ring and take a thee foot pipe wrench to it, along with some serious heat? I'm thinking it was put on with red locktight or similar.

23:08

5 Natural Ways To Slow Heart Failure And Strengthen Your Heart "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Tamara Pearson; The Alternative Daily

Some six million Americans are currently living with congestive heart failure (CHF). If youre one of them, here are five natural ways to strengthen your heart and slow the disease.

Heart failure meds have serious side effects

People of all ages can be affected with congestive heart failure, with around one-third of patients under the age of 60. The illness causes more hospitalizations than all the forms of cancer combined. People diagnosed with it are often encouraged to take boatloads of medications, with some pretty intense side effects.

Doctors prescribe medicine that aims to improve how well your heart pumps, and other medicine to dilate blood vessels. Beta-blockers lower the heart rate, while ACE inhibitors reduce the amount of hormones in your body that can damage the heart. These medications, while often quite necessary, tend to cause dizziness, tiredness, changes in kidney function, swelling, nausea and appetite and digestive problems.

Users of beta blockers, like Metoprolol, have claimed to have experienced huge weight gain, sleep disturbances, depression, extreme dizziness, chest pressure and burning arms. Other patients described getting abdominal cramps, tinnitus and acid reflux. So, to the extent that its possible, its always good to seek out natural remedies and lifestyle changes to either replace or complement these medicines. Here are some useful natural ways to slow down heart failure:
Read more

23:05

Institutional investors to shine light on the best ICOs "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

ICOs are big money and big news these days. From virtually nothing a few years ago to raising $5.6bn last year a totally new form of financing has truly arrived on the scene. This success has brought its fair share of pretenders, with scam ICOs becoming increasingly prevalent.

How can investors protect themselves from scam ICOs some answers have been proposed by one successful blockchain entrepreneur. First its necessary to truly understand that an ICO has a strong day-to-day core executive team. Second transactions in the ICO should be transparent, as today only a few ICOs actually show you all the incoming transactions during the tokensaleso this should be of paramount importance. Thirdly discounts and special offers during a tokensale that seem too good to be true are generally just that too good to be true. But even three simple rules arent enough for the shark tank of ICOs in early 2018.

What might shine the path for smart money in the new world of crypto is the expertise of the old world of institutional investors when such funds highly selectively decide to support an ICO. Such investments have thus far been few and far between but that fact could well change this year.

The core concept of a truly valuable ICO is investment in a decentralized network (rather than investing in a traditional corporation) and there is no reason why VCs wouldnt be interested in such moves.

Part of the attraction may lie in the fact that there is so little value to be found in traditional centralized companies. Tech IPOs were rare in 2017. Snaps IPO raised almost $20bn last year, and paid its CEO $638 million. As Snap is clearly not some revolutionary technology, the lesson is clear there is too much money chasing quite few quality companies in the traditional sector. The logical consequence of this is clear VCs will move into new sectors such as crypto, augmented reality and virtual reality looking for value beyond the fantastical valuations at Snap and elsewhere.

Which ICOs will be the ones to attract old world moneyand conservative private equity firms like Carlyle, Fortress, Ardian, Mangrove? Surely one of traditional investors most important criterions will be projects which are built upon the foundation of real world use cases where decentralized networks solve the shortcomings of traditional business models. With venture capital...

23:04

Matt Damon Says Hes Moving From US Due To Trumps Bad Policies, Gets Nasty Surprise "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Screen Hoopla YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Matt Damon Says Hes Moving From US Due To Trumps Bad Policies, Gets Nasty Surprise Earn 5-Figure Monthly Online Income Here!: http://bit.ly/TimeFreedomLifestyle Read More/ Source/

23:03

Working Business-Backed GIFcoin ICO Is Live Join the Revolution & Earn Impressive ROIs! "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

After a successful, sold-out private sale, the 1st phase of GIFcoins ICO started on March 16, 2018. The token sale brings a massive opportunity for investors to leverage upon the fastest growing gambling market and earn impressive ROIs. GIFcoins Gambling Investment Fund (GIF), is a platform backed by an already functioning website VitalBet.com, embedded with all popular industry features including casino, live casino, sports betting, IN-Play betting, eSports and virtual sports.

About GIFcoin

The recently launched ICO of GIFcoin invites investors to participate in a real token, backed by a real project, and managed by an industry expert and experienced team. The investors have been showing great interest to participate in the existing moneymaking business characterized by a long-term sustainable growth. GIF token holders are entitled to earn 80% of the VitalBets annual profits every year.

Why Should You Invest in the Gambling Industry?

The gambling industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world, reaching more than $500 billion in 2017, where sports betting alone is accounted for $220 billion. The industry, with an existing growth rate, is believed to achieve an annual growth rate of 3.3% by 2020, according to experts. The sports gambling, in particular, has been projected to reach new heights due to an increasing access of population to the internet, and legalization of online sports betting in many countries including the U.S.A.

What Makes GIFcoin Unique on the Market?

Unlike the majority of other ICO campaigns, GIFcoin is backed by a real, working betting website www.vitalbet.com. The revolutionary project offers investors the exclusive opportunity to earn a share of the gambling industrys enormous profits by participating in its ICO and buying GIF tokens. The GIFcoin team has been negotiating with the largest cryptocurrency exchanges to feature GIFcoin immediately after the ICO has finished. GIFcoin tokens will be sent immediately to the investors ETH Wallet.

About GIF Tokens Distribution

The GIFcoin is an ERC20 token and a smart contract system built on the Ethereum Blockchain. A total of 300,000,000 GIF tokens have been generated, including 10,000,000 sold out in a Private Sale, and 260,000,000 being offered in the ICO. Another 20,000,000 will be shared between the founders of the GIF token, while the remaining 10,000,000 will be generated for advisory, bounty, and PR pools. The unsold GIF that will be created for sale during the ICO will be destroyed. GIF tokens are not mined by users or any other companies.

23:00

Horse Racing minus Gambling = Pointless, confirm punters "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

After watching the Cheltenham Festival without attempting to win cash off the back of an unknowing animals unintentional achievements , a group of ex-gambling addicts have confirmed that horse-racing is a tedious, pointless sport when betting is not involved.

I can believe Ive never noticed this before, one surprised viewer confessed. But watching a man sit on top of a big horse that sometimes jumps over a hedge is far from a complex, rewarding activity.

I used to think I was watching for the thrill of the race. Little did I know it was the chance of winning vast sums of money that interested me.

I switched the channel off at one point, claimed another recovering addict. And turned on Sky Film. The intricate plot lines and narrative themes of the Fast and Furious franchise were a welcome break from the sheer inanity of watching a herd of domesticated beasts running in a straight line.

Obviously, I still had a punt on the ending, despite the fact Ive seen it five times and an actual horse could have worked out the final scene regardless. Maybe Fast and Furious isnt actually an intellectually stimulating watch, and I was just on futile quest to feel something, anything, by risking my hard earned cash on the outcome?

But at least in the end, the cars get fixed up at Big Vins garage, instead of being taken behind a racing track and shot in the bonnet at point-blank range.

jamesrobert92

23:00

Refereeing Trump "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Richard Kraft, All the Yellow and Red Cards issued to Donald Trump from January 20, 2017 to January 19 2018The Whiteness Issue, The Racial Imaginary Institute (all images courtesy of the artist)

To mark the one-year anniversary of Donald Trumps inauguration, on January 20, 2018, arts communities nationwide participated in Art Action Day. This day of action was organized by The Federation, an arts group founded by Laurie Anderson, Laura Michalchyshyn, and Tanya Selvaratnam in response to Trumps January 2017 immigration ban. It was conceived in contrast, though not opposition, to last years inauguration day #J20 strike, in which many art institutions and individuals went on strike to protest the incoming administration.

Richard Krafts multimedia project, All the Yellow and Red Cards issued to Donald Trump from January 20, 2017 to January 19, 2018 (2018), spans the time frame, as well as the different moods, of these two protests. Kraft has classified Trumps daily actions in the fashion of a soccer referee, assigning yellow and red cards to the Presidents conduct since his inauguration. Expanding upon the referees visual lexicon, Kraft also assigns dark blue cards to members of the administration as they are fired or resign, as well as light blue cards to people who have publicly stood up to Trump and/or instigated acts of resistance.

Richard Kraft, All the Yellow and Red Cards issued to Donald Trump from January 20, 2017 to
January 19, 2018, in The Whiteness Issue, The Racial Imaginary Institute

The project takes several forms: a dozen videos, each ten or...

22:40

Fascinating New DNA Updates On The Potential Alien Body Found In Nazca, Peru "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Arjun Walia; Collective Evoliton

Recently Nazca, Peru has become famous for those who like to peer into the world of unsolved mysteries. Take for example, the Nazca Lines, a series of large ancient geoglyphs ranging in size, with the largest being 1200 feet long. The world is full of interesting unsolved mysteries that question what we think we know about human history and new discoveries are constantly being made, many of which receive very little attention.

This really goes to show just how little we know of human history and how new discoveries show us that there are so many variables that we really need to take into consideration when contemplating our true origins. There are still many questions which remain unanswered.

A new discovery has been made in Nazca, Peru. If you havent already heard, multiple mummies have been unearthed, real organic bodies. Their anatomy is quite strange, and differs greatly from that of a human. The beings are humanoid and have three fingers and three toes on each hand. They also have a distinctly different shape of skull compared to modern-day humans and those who roamed the Earth before we did.

This is also interesting because three-fingered beings are depicted in ancient petroglyphic drawings that have been found in Peru.

Now, before we go any further, we have to address the alien issue. When the news came out about these strange bodies being unearthed, Snopes instantly labelled the story as fake news, specifically because it contemplated the idea that they could be alien bodies. How does this make it fake news? They (Snopes) did not even acknowledge the fact that these were indeed real bodies, they simply ridiculed the story because it had an alien tone to it. They also ridiculed the researchers involved, as what seemed to be an attempt to further discredit the story. As a result, many people believed that the bodies were not found at all, which is not true.
Read more

22:30

Meme Specialist Is the Crypto Job of Your Dreams "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Meme Specialist Is the Crypto Job of Your Dreams

A crypto startup is seeking a skilled applicant to assume the role of Meme Specialist. At $48,000 per year plus 1% of tokens, theyll earn more than the average U.S teacher, though there are a few caveats attached. The successful candidate must be blessed with at least 10 years experience of procrastination on Reddit and 4chan. Experience in MS Paint is also an advantage.

Also read: Slovenian City Unveils Worlds First Public Bitcoin Monument

Dont Let Your Memes Be Dreams

Memes are the real fuel of the cryptoconomy. Not tokens. Not blockchain. Memes, in all their dank, unadulterated glory. That an Estonian startup should be advertising the position of Meme Specialist is an inspired PR move or proof that weve hit peak crypto. Either way, its an offer that crypto shitposters may find too good to refuse. After all, there arent many jobs that will pay you $900 a week to post the illest memes from the comfort of your own bed.

Cynics may complain that an ICO with 192 Twitter followers seeking a Meme Specialist prior to its pre-sale, no less is simply seeking attention. Cynics would be right, but then how else is ECOS supposed to rustle up interest in its blockchain for the food chain by banging on about the transformative potential of distributed ledgers? For all ECOSshortcomings, soliciting a ninja of memology was a masterstroke.

22:28

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - Baby, No "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Click here to go see the bonus panel!

Hovertext:
Got you! You can't break up with me because I have no Self!

New comic!
Today's News:

See you at BAH London tonight, geeks!

22:09

365 Challenge: Day 365 Finale "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Finale: the last part of a piece of music, a performance, or a public event, especially when particularly dramatic or exciting

finale.jpg

I have spent the last 365 plus 5 days on a quest to find myself. During this time period, Ive shared all the ups and downs of my personal life with my online world. When the title of my blog is This Is My Truth Now, how could I do anything else but that? Its been a year of major growth on all levels. Although I never expected to lose Ryder this year, I still see all the positive changes and wins since the Daily Challenge began. Between meeting all of you and becoming close friends with several people whom I speak to regularly, this blog has been a truly remarkable and amazing experience. I am not naming anyone specific, as it would take me a long time to come up with that list Ive honestly met a large count of wonderful people.

As I put book two to bed this weekend, close the 365 segment on my blog today, and celebrate my birthday on Sunday, the next phase of my life begins. As a quick re-cap, heres what to expect:

• A reprieve for the rest of March so I can read and comment on more blogs for a few weeks. I need to catch up on what Ive missed.
  • Book 2 (Father Figure with possible change) is with the publisher for final review, cover design, title finalization and marketing plans. I will announce more about the next steps in a few weeks.
  • Ethan Glass short s...

22:09

Major Canadian Bank Files Patent To Make Credit Scores Transparent Via Blockchain "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Major Canadian bank filed a patent for a Blockchain-based credit score system that will allow for more data points as well as transparency for consumers. #NEWS

22:02

GOP Uncovers Voter Machine Errors in PA Election "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Screen Hoopla YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

GOP Uncovers Voter Machine Errors in PA Election Earn 5-Figure Monthly Online Income Here!: http://bit.ly/TimeFreedomLifestyle Read More/ Source/ Credit(FAIR USE): http://truthfeednews.com/ha

22:00

Les Demoiselles de Duck Soup (with Recipe) "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

View of Nrac, France, in the snow (photo: Taffy Hornell)

When you plan a road trip to the mountains but the South of France declares a snow day, the only recourse is to take solace at the nearest village market.

Your Canadian friend who is doing the driving remarks on the absurdity of the chaos wreaked by a light dusting. There are no salt trucks or plows, just two municipal workers decked out in chic coveralls tossing handfuls of sand or birdseed out of baskets onto the snow-slicked sidewalk. Like something out of a Millet painting. The Canadian laughs so hard you fishtail a little.

When you get to the market, you find that only the most hardcore local producers have shown up in the snow, and you feel duty-bound to buy what you can so that they will show up on the next snow day.

Nest pas chaud. You overhear the cheese monger joke that its not warm. Then the fishmonger says the same an entire village of people cackling to each other that its not warm.

Theres not much in your kitchen because you were planning to be on that damn cancelled road trip. You feel out of sorts, so you want soup.

I wonder if they have those duck carcasses, you say to the Canadian.  The woman behind the counter of the meat truck acknowledges you with a Bonjour.

So you wing it. Bon-jee-or. Ah-vay-voo day cahr-cahs da can-ahr?

Youve grown accustomed to that puzzled look from the French, but after a moment she breaks into a broad smile and confirms, Ouais, les demoiselles?

Oh, whee! you say, nodding vigorously. Doo dey-mwah-sell, see-voo-play.

Its winter and this is Gascony, duck country. Its also traditionally the time of year that the fat ducks are slaughtered. Inevitably, after the duck is broken down the precious liver (foie gras) is harvested, the legs are preserved as confit, the magret (boneless breast) is trimmed off for grilling or curing what is left is an appendage-free duck skeleton with some delectable bits of meat still clinging to it.

These duck frames are kept in a box behind the butcher counter. You have grown in the butchers esteem for even knowing to ask (even if you dont know how to ask). You reward Julie, the butcheress, for her determination to show up when it is not warm with the purchases of...

22:00

Cecilia Paolino-Uboldi, Director & Global Head of Commercial Affairs at Slotguru joins Zerocoin Crypto Currency for Online Gambling "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Meet Cecilia Paolino Uboldi a Strategic Advisor toZeroEdge Bet

Cecilia Paolino is currently the head of commercial affairs at SlotGuru and is excited for her role as a key advisor in everything from cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology, to business strategies, new technologies and so much more. With close to two decades of experience in the online gambling and gaming industries, we feel that Cecilia is a wonderful addition to our team of top advisors here at ZeroEdge.

Cecilias insatiable passion for seeing companies succeed in developing and growing their unique ideas or brands is an invaluable asset to ZeroEdge, and with her unique set of skills and experiences, we believe she is more than capable of advising on the best technologies in various aspects of our dynamic 0% house edge gaming concepts. Cecilia originally hails from Uruguay and has lived all over the world in her various roles and professional capacities. She speaks no less than six international languages and can communicate on just about any level you could think of, business, technological, social and of course, gaming.

ZeroEdge.Bet Revolutionary online gambling platform with 0% house edge games

ZeroEdge is a unique concept set to revolutionize the way you gamble online. Currently, all online casino games come with a house edge, i.e. the advantage that the casino has over you, which varies between 1% to 10% or more, depending on the game. ZeroEdges solution offer games with 0% house edge and give players a completely fair chance of winning. In other words, playing at ZeroEdge.Bet is literally free, you dont have to pay anything to the casino like its with traditional online casino sites.

The most amazing part is that Zerocoin value increases as more people join the world first 0% edge gambling platform. It is all achieved by creating a closed-loop economy in which high demand for 0% games drives Zerocoins value up. This model is also known as Metcalfes law which was originally invented in 1993 and can be seen in the actual Bitcoins price growth. Zero Edge offers a unique gambling model which potentially could revolutionize the $70 Billion gambling industry. Players wont be losing money but instead earning from the increasing Zerocoin value.

We have made a survey & asked hundreds of people about their gambling preferences & experiences.  The main finding was that 99 % of them stated that they would choose 0% house edge games to play if such games were available. High dema...

21:47

Like Something From A Science Fiction Film, This Startup Will Gladly Kill You and Upload Your Brain For Science "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Sure, you may see something like this in Black Mirror, but this is without a doubt real life. This new startup called Nectome wants to kill all of its users and preserve their brains.

From here they will upload as much of you as they can even when your body is no longer around. It seems the purpose behind this is that they will use some kind of special designer chemical solution in order to preserve the body and brain well enough to keep things like memories intact.

They do this in hopes that in the future it will be possible (within the next 100 years or so) to digitize and download those memories and basically recreate their consciousness. According to MIT TechnologyReview, the company plans to connect people with terminal illnesses to a heart-lung machine in order to pump its mix of scientific embalming chemicals into the big carotid arteries in their necks while still living. That being said, they will be under general anesthesia.

While their service is not yet available and will not be available for several years, it is quite interesting. The company has basically set up a waiting list and about 25 people have signed up and placed their $10,000 deposit. One of those people actually happens to be Sam Altman who is one of the creators of the Y Combinator program. He told MIT TechnologyReview that he assumes his brain will be uploaded to the cloud and that minds will be digitized in his lifetime.

Our mission is to preserve your brain well enough to keep all its memories intact: from that great chapter of your favorite book to the feeling of cold winter air, baking an apple pie, or having dinner with your friends and family. If memories can truly be preserved by a sufficiently good brain banking technique, we believe that within the century it could become feasible to digitize your preserved brain and use that information to recreate your mind. How close are we to this possibility? Currently, we can preserve the connectomes of animal brains and are working on extending our techniques to human brains in research context. This is an important first step towards the development of a verified memory preservation protocol, as the connectome plays a vital role in memory storage.

Our process of vitrification (also known as Aldehyde-Stabilized Cryopreservation) has won the Brain Preservation Prize for preserving a whole rabbit connectome, and we are currently hard at work to scale our preservation process to larger brains.

Kind of insanely awesome and terrifying isnt it? Their website also says What if we told you...

21:41

China Govt-Linked Investment Org Plans Intl Blockchain Center, Leaked Doc Says "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

China: govt-affiliated investment association will develop Blockchain innovation, according to a leaked document #NEWS

21:40

Letter to the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists "IndyWatch Feed Health"

March 16th: A group of eminent doctors and psychiatrists write to the President of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) in response to a press release issued by the Royal College.

Dr Kym Jenkins
President
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists

cc Mr Andrew Peters
CEO
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists

16 March 2018
Dear Dr Jenkins

Reply to the College

We refer to the press release issued by the RANZCP on March 6th 2018, relating to recent press reports in New Zealand regarding the risks of antidepressants. The College has stated that questioning the efficacy of psychiatric medication is stigmatising of people who have been prescribed them, and that drugs are only ever prescribed in partnership with the patient and after due consideration of the risks and benefits.

We believe there are difficulties with this view and that a more nuanced statement by the College would have been more helpful. The profession of psychiatry has an overarching duty to keep the community informed. The community is entitled to know that there is a large body of evidence that raises complex issues regarding the efficacy and the safety of psychotropic medications. The College statement appears to caution against open discussion of these issues, in part to avoid stigmatising those with mental health problems.

We are not aware of any evidence that informing the public would be stigmatising. We have not always been right about stigma. It was once held that the concept of mental illness as brain disorder was less stigmatising. In fact the reverse has been shown to be true: the brain disorder approach increases rather than decreases stigma.

21:21

Community-Based Crypto Platform Could See Crypto Assets Used For USD Loans "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Power to the people: using crypto to get loans in dollars #SPONSORED

21:19

Yoga seems to be effective and safe for reducing menopausal symptoms. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Maturitas. 2018 Mar ;109:13-25. Epub 2017 Dec 6. PMID: 29452777 Abstract Title:  Yoga for menopausal symptoms-A systematic review and meta-analysis. Abstract:  OBJECTIVES: To systematically review and meta-analyze the effectiveness of yoga for menopausal symptoms.METHODS: Medline (via PubMed), the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, and Scopus were screened through to February 21, 2017 for randomized controlled trials (RCTs) comparing the effects of yoga on menopausal symptoms to those of no treatment or active comparators. Standardized mean differences (SMD) and 95% confidence intervals (CI) were calculated. Two authors independently assessed risk of bias using the Cochrane risk of bias tool.RESULTS: Thirteen RCTs with 1306 participants were included. Compared with no treatment, yoga reduced total menopausal symptoms (SMD=-1.05; 95% CI -1.57 to -0.53), psychological (SMD=-0.75; 95% CI -1.17 to -0.34), somatic (SMD=-0.65; 95% CI -1.05 to -0.25), vasomotor (SMD=-0.76; 95% CI -1.27 to -0.25), and urogenital symptoms (SMD=-0.53; 95% CI -0.81 to -0.25). Compared with exercise controls, only an effect on vasomotor symptoms was found (SMD=-0.45; 95% CI -0.87 to -0.04). Effects were robust against selection bias, but not against detection and attrition bias. No serious adverse events were reported.CONCLUSION: Yoga seems to be effective and safe for reducing menopausal symptoms. Effects are comparable to those of other exercise interventions.

read more

21:13

Dear Yoga Teachersits Time to Talk about Gender Inequality. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

With the majority of yoga teachers and students being women, where is the awareness of this deep level of gender inequality in the yoga world?

21:12

10 Gardening Tips for Growing Market-Worthy Tomatoes "IndyWatch Feed Food"

There is nothing like seeing clumps of repining super-sized tomatoes on the vine Thats the sign of a happy, growing garden. But tomatoes can be problematic and prone to certain issues. Blossom end rot, nutritional deficiencies, blight, and invasive hornworms are just a few of the problems a gardener may have when growing tomatoes. Many of these issues can be corrected early on by giving the tomato the right growing conditions.

10 Gardening Tips for Growing the Juiciest Tomatoes

Some of the most popular types of tomato varieties planted are the beefsteak tomato, Celebrity, Early Girl, and the Cherry Tomatoes. The tomato plant can grow up to 6 feet tall and requires trellising or support. Tomatoes typically take about 85 days to harvest. And to get those big, delicious red orbs to grow, it requires a lot of nutrients.

Choose a fertilizer that has a balanced ratio of the three major elements, such as 10-10-10, or where the middle number (phosphorus) is larger than the first number (nitrogen), such as 2-3-1. Tomatoes are heavy feeders and usually do need fertilizer unless your soil is very rich.

Use some o these gardening tips to ensure your tomato harvest is the best one yet!

1. Choose the right varieties. 

There are many types of tomato varieties to choose from. One that I always recommend is the heirloom varieties. These seeds have been around for generations and were bred for flavor, adaptability and growing performance. As well, many of these seeds are open-pollinated and the seeds can be saved for the next harvest. This ensures you have plenty of tomatoes to eat fresh, preserve or make delicious sauces with.

2. Location, location, location!

Tomatoes love bright locations where they receive 10 hours or more of sunlight. Full morning sun is always the best location, but tomatoes will do well with some afternoon sun too. As well, ensure that you have properly spaced your plants.

3. Plant tomatoes in multiple locations 

When you alternate where you plant your tomatoes, it helps to diminish the risk of soil-borne diseases such as bacterial spot and early blight. One of my favorite gardening resources, Carrots Love Tomatoes: The Secrets to Companion Planting taught me that when you plant companion plants near each other, it also...

21:11

Yoga was associated with modest improvements on an objective measure of attention and selective improvements on parent ratings. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2018 Mar 13. Epub 2018 Mar 13. PMID: 29538185 Abstract Title:  Effects of Yoga on Attention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity in Preschool-Aged Children with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms. Abstract:  OBJECTIVE: Behavioral therapies are first-line for preschoolers with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Studies support yoga for school-aged children with ADHD; this study evaluated yoga in preschoolers on parent- and teacher-rated attention/challenging behaviors, attentional control (Kinder Test of Attentional Performance [KiTAP]), and heart rate variability (HRV).METHODS: This randomized waitlist-controlled trial tested a 6-week yoga intervention in preschoolers with4 ADHD symptoms on the ADHD Rating Scale-IV Preschool Version. Group 1 (n = 12) practiced yoga first; Group 2 (n = 11) practiced yoga second. We collected data at 4 time points: baseline, T1 (6 weeks), T2 (12 weeks), and follow-up (3 months after T2).RESULTS: At baseline, there were no significant differences between groups. At T1, Group 1 had faster reaction times on the KiTAP go/no-go task (p = 0.01, 95% confidence interval [CI], -371.1 to -59.1, d = -1.7), fewer distractibility errors of omission (p = 0.009, 95% CI, -14.2 to -2.3, d = -1.5), and more commission errors (p = 0.02, 95% CI, 1.4-14.8, d = 1.3) than Group 2. Children in Group 1 with more severe symptoms at baseline showed improvement at T1 versus control on parent-rated Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire hyperactivity inattention ( = -2.1, p = 0.04, 95% CI, -4.0 to -0.1) and inattention on the ADHD Rating Scale ( = -4.4, p = 0.02, 95% CI, -7.9 to -0.9). HRV measures did not differ between groups.CONCLUSION: Yoga was associated with modest improvements on an objective measure of attention (KiTAP) and selective improvements on parent ratings.

read more

21:03

Hillary Just Rushed to The Hospital This Time Shell Be There A While "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Hillary Just Rushed to The Hospital This Time Shell Be There A While Earn 5-Figure Monthly Online Income Here!: http://bit.ly/TimeFreedomLifestyle Read More/ Source/ Credit(FAIR

21:01

Dr. Duncan Double: On Being a Critical Psychiatrist "IndyWatch Feed Health"

This week on MIA Radio we interview Dr. Duncan Double. Duncan is a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust. He is a founder of the Critical Psychiatry Network and also runs a critical psychiatry blog. He edited the book Critical psychiatry: The limits of madness published in 2006 and has written a number of journal articles and book chapters.

We talk about Duncans experiences as a critical psychiatrist working within a bio-medically oriented profession.

In this interview we discuss:

• How reading Freud as a teenager led Duncan to his interest in psychiatry.
  • That, early in his training, he found it difficult to take to the overly physicalist aspects of what he was expected to learn.
  • How he became interested in the work of RD Laing and Thomas Szsaz.
  • How he left his studies for a time, working with drug users in London, studying for a psychology degree and working in banking.
  • The formation of the Critical Psychiatry Network in January 1999.
  • How critical psychiatrists take a different perspective from mainstream psychiatrists who tend to believe that mental illness is a brain disease.
  • That critical psychiatrists are not so interested in arriving at a single word diagnosis, instead the focus is on understanding the person and why they have presented with the problems they have in the context of their life situation.
  • That critical psychiatrists aim to minimise the use of coercion and have been against the introduction of community treatment orders.
  • That the emphasis in treatment is on helping people improve their social situation and to be as independent as they want to be.
  • How Duncan felt about a period of suspension which arose partly because of his different practices, being less concerned about formal diagnosis and using less medication than other psychiatrists.
  • That critical psychiatry is still looking for more acceptance from the mainstream.
  • That Duncan welcomes...

21:01

The Concerned Parents Project March 17th "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Have you checked in with the people in your circle and your community: your mate, your other children, your parents, and anyone else who knows your child well? What are their thoughts about whats going on?

They may have nothing useful or productive to offer or they may have some very important insights into whats happening. Ask the people who know your child what they think might be going on. Make a special effort to check in with those people who seem the most levelheaded and whose opinions you respect the most. Is there a friend you always turn to when youre having problems? Maybe thats also the right person to chat with about your childs difficulties.

As you chat with the people in your circle, see how they come at challenges and how they conceptualize what helps. Is one quick to suggest specialists? Is another quite skeptical of the supposed expertise of mental health practitioners? Does a third have firsthand experience of what goes on in a mental health treatment facility or firsthand experience with psychiatric medication? Some of these topics may prove sensitive, so by all means tread carefully. But do courageously tread. You dont want to miss learning exactly what you need to know because you feel embarrassed about broaching what feels like an awkward subject. Even if you dont land on pertinent advice, you may discover that some inner wisdom has gotten activated, providing you with a better sense of what you want to try next.

Read the Concerned Parents Project Introductory Post

Read Question 16

To get in touch or to share your feedback, please email us

Read more on this topic

Interview: Parents Beware: Danger Ahead

Visit Parent Resources for additional in-depth articles

21:00

Gawooni Games Ecosphere Announces Decentralized, Blockchain-Based Platform "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

GAWOONI utilizes the foundational business model already established by game developers. GAWOONI is an international game developer and it has managed to create the very first ecosphere for gamers and serves both B2B as well as B2C clients.

GAWOONI is a well-known name in the Asia-Pacific region. It is well recognized in the Indian, Chinese and Indonesian markets. Its primary focus is to emerge in the South Asian and South American markets. It aims to revolutionize the gaming industry through their ecosphere for gamers which functions on the basis of the in-built tokens and coins which are currencies in the games ecosphere. This one currency can be utilized by gamers in all games and activities involved in the game. The games developed by GAWOONI and games from third parties joining the ecosystem will also be listed. Additionally, the platform will invite its users to new gaming experiences. The users can give their valuable input to new games and test them before the games are launched.

Games To Be Published By Gawooni

Two games have already been developed and they are ready to be published. The games are called Tuk Tuk Rush and Jungle Rush. Tuk Tuk Rush is set to be announced while working hand in hand with the Tourism Authority of Thailand since the country is portrayed in an interactive way in the game. The game is already being followed by loyal gamers in the industry on Facebook. More than 70,000 gamers in Thailand are keeping themselves updated with news related to a game such as date of launch and updates in the game via Facebook. The games are available on both mobiles as well as PCs. There are other games which are going to be published in the future as well. Lets get a more in-depth analysis of the games to be published.

• Tuk Tuk Rush

A ride in a Tuk Tuk is always an unforgettable experience. Anyone who has had the privilege to visit Thailand knows these vehicles function similar to mini taxis, as it recklessly weaves through congested streets. A Tuk Tuk ride is a lot of fun and GAWOONI wanted to convey this exact excitement to its gamers through the game. In the game, the player is allowed to create a unique individual Tuk Tuk and experience the land of Thailand. As the game progresses, the player will get to discover more than 40 sites in the country of Thailand. It is probably the first time that a game is combined with an interactive travel guide.

• Jungle Rush

Jungle Rush explores endangered animals; it is a great initiative by the developers of the game to increase the wildlife protection awareness. The game features 10 endangered species.  GAWOONI has teamed up with several animal welfare associations aro...

21:00

Punter lost 2 on unmiraculous seven-horse accumulator, announces Ladbrokes "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

A 58-year-old unemployed welder, Fred Stubbs, failed by a wide margin to get lucky at the races yesterday, when only one of the seven horses he backed in an accumulator romped home in first at Sandown Park.

Stubbss mundane bet was based on horses randomly selected from the entire card at the meeting, with the winnings reinvested on successive races. Had this happened, his 2 stake would have netted him 1.8 million. Unfortunately, only the fourth horse, Wild Outlaw, came up trumps for him, by which time it was all academic.

We like to share fairly typical stories about betting, said James Stanley, manager of the Ladbrokes shop. There are occasional instances where punters take us to the cleaners, but what we really need to publicise is the way lots of people lose relatively small amounts. We dont want to make ourselves look complete mugs, do we?

(hat-tip to Lens Cap)

20:57

Protective role of palmitoylethanolamide in contact allergic dermatitis. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Allergy. 2010 Jun 1 ;65(6):698-711. Epub 2009 Nov 11. PMID: 19909294 Abstract Title:  Protective role of palmitoylethanolamide in contact allergic dermatitis. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is an anti-inflammatory mediator that enhances the activation by anandamide (AEA) of cannabinoid receptors and transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1 (TRPV1) channels, and directly activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha). In mice, 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene (DNFB)-induced contact allergic dermatitis (CAD) in inflamed ears is partly mediated by the chemokine Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-2 (MCP-2) and accompanied by elevation of AEA levels. No datum is available on PEA regulation and role in CAD.OBJECTIVE: We examined whether PEA is produced during DNFB-induced CAD, and if it has any direct protective action in keratinocytes in vitro.METHODS: Eight- to ten-week-old female C57BL/6J wild-type and CB(1)/CB(2) double knock-out mice were used to measure PEA levels and the expression of TRPV1, PPAR-alpha receptors and enzymes responsible for PEA biosynthesis and degradation. Human keratinocytes (HaCaT) cells were stimulated with polyinosinic polycytidylic acid [poly-(I:C)], and the expression and release of MCP-2 were measured in the presence of PEA and antagonists of its proposed receptors.RESULTS: 2,4-Dinitrofluorobenzene increased ear skin PEA levels and up-regulated TRPV1, PPAR-alpha and a PEA-biosynthesizing enzyme in ear keratinocytes. In HaCaT cells, stimulation with poly-(I:C) elevated the levels of both PEA and AEA, and exogenous PEA (10 microM) inhibited poly-(I:C)-induced expression and release of MCP-2 in a way reversed by antagonism at TRPV1, but not PPAR-alpha. PEA (5-10 mg/kg, intraperitoneal) also inhibited DNFB-induced ear inflammation in mice in vivo, in a way attenuated by TRPV1 antagonism.CONCLUSIONS: We suggest that PEA is an endogenous protective agent against DNFB-induced keratinocyte inflammation and could be considered for therapeutic use against CAD.

read more

20:43

Tor Browser 7.5.2 is released "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Tor Browser 7.5.2 is released gk March 17, 2018

Tor Browser 7.5.2 is now available from the Tor Browser Project page and also from our distribution directory.

This release features important security updates to Firefox.

Note:...

Tor Browser 7.5.2 is released

20:35

Curcumin is a natural pan-histone deacetylase inhibitor in cancer. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Curr Pharm Des. 2017 Nov 14. Epub 2017 Nov 14. PMID: 29141538 Abstract Title:  Curcumin: a natural pan-HDAC inhibitor in cancer. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Histone deacetylases (HDACs) are a group of histone modification enzymes with pivotal role in disease pathogenesis especially in cancer development. Increased activity of certain types of HDACs and positive effects of HDAC inhibition has been shown in several types of cancers. Furthermore, few HDAC inhibitors have been approved by the FDA for cancer treatment, and this has generated interest in finding new HDAC inhibitors as potential anti-cancer agents. Curcumin, a natural polyphenol extracted from turmeric, is a safe and bioactive phytochemical with a wide range of molecular targets and pharmacological activities including promising anti-cancer properties.METHODS: A systematic literature search using appropriate keywords was made to identify articles reporting the modulatory effect of curcumin on HDACs in different types of cancer in vitro and in vivo.RESULTS: HDACs have emerged as novel targets of curcumin that their modulation may contribute to the putative anti-cancer effects of curcumin. Curcumin inhibits HDAC activity, and down-regulates the expression of HDAC types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 11 in different cancer cell lines and mice, while the activity and expression of HDAC2 have been reported to be up-regulated by curcumin in COPD and heart failure models.CONCLUSION: Available in vitro and in vivo data are encouraging and in favor of the HDAC inhibitory activity of curcumin but clinical evidence on the efficacy of curcumin as an adjunct treatment in cancer patients is lacking.

read more

20:30

PR: COO of Bitcoin.com Joins a Top-Rated Smart Contract Based iGaming Project Truegame.io "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

COO of Bitcoin.com Joins iGaming Project Truegame.io

This is a paid press release, which contains forward looking statements, and should be treated as advertising or promotional material. Bitcoin.com does not endorse nor support this product/service. Bitcoin.com is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within the press release.

Truegame is about to reintroduce innovative new iGaming concepts the likes of which have never been seen before, with a unique smart contract-enabled platform. To fully develop this innovative twist to iGaming, Truegame has launched its ICO with a pre-sale that began on March 5th, 2018, prior to the general event on April 16th, 2018.

The project has a strong team of professionals on board as well as some top industrial experts from blockchain to iGaming. Recently Truegame announced about a new exciting cooperation they welcomed on board a new blockchain advisor Mate Tokay, the COO of Bitcoin.com.

As the Chief Operating Officer at Bitcoin.com, Mate Tokay is without question one of Bitcoins & Bitcoin Cash most active and vocal proponents. His goal and passion is to make cryptocurrencies as popular as possible. In 2012, he graduated from the International Business School in Budapest but its only in late 2012 that Mate first heard about Bitcoin and in mid-2013 that he began bitcoin mining using custom-built ASIC miners. Later, Mate founded the highly renowned Bitcoin news and review website Bitcoinist however he has been working on building Bitcoin.com since 2015.

Mate Tokay: I am really excited about Truegame because their main goal is to improve transparency in the gambling industry. With their new blockchain tech, you can be sure that there is no cheating or manipulation whatsoever

About Truegame

TrueGame is a blockchain and smart contract based iGaming platform that sets the issue of transparency straight; blockchain technology allows for a trustworthy open registry that displays every outcome of every game which cannot be manipulated. The combinations generated from the blockchain cannot be manipulated and are completely random boiling the winni...

20:30

The New Ways to Save Crypto from a Post-Quantum World "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

However distant it may seem, powerful quantum computers have the potential to ruin cryptocurrency, and developers are already devising solutions.

20:29

Daily Bible Verse "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

All a persons ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the Lord.

Proverbs 16:2 (NIV)

20:19

Bioactive turmerosaccharides from Curcuma longa extract have potential ameliorating effects on osteoarthritis pain. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Pharmacogn Mag. 2017 Oct ;13(Suppl 3):S623-S627. Epub 2017 Jul 18. PMID: 29142423 Abstract Title:  Bioactive Turmerosaccharides fromExtract (NR-INF-02): Potential Ameliorating Effect on Osteoarthritis Pain. Abstract:  Background: has long history of medicinal use in Ayurveda. A unique product NR-INF-02 was prepared fromthat was standardized to contain turmerosaccharides.Objective: The present study investigated the effect of turmerosaccharides rich fraction of NR-INF-02 on monosodium iodoacetate (MIA)-induced OA pain animal model that mimics human OA. Further, the analgesic effect of turmerosaccharides rich fraction was compared to turmerosaccharides less fraction of NR-INF-02.Materials and Methods: OA pain was chemically induced by intra-articular administration of single dose of 25l of 0.9% saline containing 0.3 mg MIA into the right knee of male albino Wistar rat. Turmerosaccharides rich fraction and turmerosaccharides less fraction (at 22.5, 45 and 90 mg/kg rat body weight dose levels) were administered as a single dose orally on day 5 of post-MIA injection. OA pain was measured using hind limb weight-bearing ability at 1, 3, 6, and 24 h post-test substance administration on day 5.Results: Oral administration of turmerosaccharides rich fraction and turmerosaccharides less fraction (at 45 and 90 mg/kg) although significantly decreased the OA pain at all the intervals, the effect of turmerosaccharides rich fraction (57%) on OA pain was superior to turmerosaccharides less fraction (35%).Conclusion: Bioactive turmerosaccharides fromextract contribute to the observed anti-arthritic effect in rats.SUMMARY: Osteoarthritic pain was induced by intra-articular injection of MIA into the right kneeSingle administration of TRF/TLF on day 5 resulted in dose-dependent significant reduction of OA painTRF showed better analgesic activity than TLFTRF at 45 and 90 mg/kg has similar effects on OA pain as that of tramadolTurmerosaccharides identified as bioactive constituents ofextract.MIA: Monosodium iodoacetate; i.ar: Intra-articular; OA: Osteoarthritis; TRF: Turmerosaccharides rich fraction; TLF: Turmerosaccharides less fraction; PGE2: Prostaglandin E2; ROS: Reactive oxygen species.

read more

20:05

Large Glassware Plant in Siberia to Mine Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Large Glassware Plant in Siberia to Mine Bitcoin

The largest glass manufacturing plant in Siberia may soon start minting bitcoins. The management of the factory in Novosibirsk announced plans to invest in a mining farm. 11 million rubles will be spent in the first phase of the project to utilize surplus electricity and make use of empty spaces.

Also read: Bitmain Opens Repair Center in Russia

Electronics Jars Cryptocurrencies

The city of Novosibirsk is home to one of the largest glassware factories in Russia Ekran. It started as an electronics manufacturing facility in the USSR. In the 90s the plant survived by switching to glass production. A couple of years ago, an industrial park with the same name was set up on its premises.

Large Glassware Plant in Siberia to Mine BitcoinAlmost 200 enterprises currently based there employ close to 3,000 people. However, there are still some unoccupied spaces and unused re...

19:59

Curcumin potentiates the potent antitumor activity of ACNU against glioblastoma. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Onco Targets Ther. 2017 ;10:5471-5482. Epub 2017 Nov 15. PMID: 29180881 Abstract Title:  Curcumin potentiates the potent antitumor activity of ACNU against glioblastoma by suppressing the PI3K/AKT and NF-B/COX-2 signaling pathways. Abstract:  Glioblastoma (GBM) is a highly invasive and challenging primary tumor of the central nervous system (CNS), and currently available treatments provide limited benefits to patients with this disease. Therefore, the development of novel therapeutic targets and effective treatment strategies is essential. Nimustine hydrochloride (ACNU) is widely used as the standard chemotherapeutic agent and is frequently administered together with other chemotherapeutic agents in clinical studies. Curcumin, a natural polyphenolic compound, could potentially be combined with chemotherapeutics for cancer treatment; however, there are no reports of studies where ACNU and curcumin were combined for GBM treatment, and the mechanisms underlying their activity remain poorly understood. In the present study, we investigated the effects of combined treatment with curcumin and ACNU on GBM cells and found that it significantly enhanced the inhibition of cell proliferation, colony formation, migration, and invasion. In addition, co-treatment with curcumin increased ACNU-induced apoptosis through enhancing the release of cytochrome c from the mitochondrial intermembrane space into the cytosol. Further, curcumin and ACNU acted synergistically in their antitumor effects by targeting N-cadherin/MMP2/9, PI3K/AKT, and NF-B/COX-2 signaling. These results indicate that curcumin can enhance the anti-proliferation, anti-migration, and proapoptotic activities of ACNU against GBM, and provide strong evidence that combined treatment with curcumin and ACNU has the potential to be an effective therapeutic option for GBM.

read more

19:50

Three Definitions of Tokenomics "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The crypto revolution may be happening in real time, but that doesn't mean that definitions, while not final, can shape our understanding today.

19:34

Curcumin is a natural modulator of immune cells in systemic lupus erythematosus. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Autoimmun Rev. 2018 Feb ;17(2):125-135. Epub 2017 Nov 24. PMID: 29180127 Abstract Title:  Curcumin: A natural modulator of immune cells in systemic lupus erythematosus. Abstract:  Curcumin is a polyphenol natural product isolated from turmeric, interacting with different cellular and molecular targets and, consequently, showing a wide range of pharmacological effects. Recent preclinical and clinical trials have revealed immunomodulatory properties of curcumin that arise from its effects on immune cells and mediators involved in the immune response, such as various T-lymphocyte subsets and dendritic cells, as well as different inflammatory cytokines. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an inflammatory, chronic autoimmune-mediated disease characterized by the presence of autoantibodies, deposition of immune complexes in various organs, recruitment of autoreactive and inflammatory T cells, and excessive levels of plasma proinflammatory cytokines. The function and numbers of dendritic cells and T cell subsets, such as T helper 1 (Th1), Th17, and regulatory T cells have been found to be significantly altered in SLE. In the present report, we reviewed the results of in vitro, experimental (pre-clinical), and clinical studies pertaining to the modulatory effects that curcumin produces on the function and numbers of dendritic cells and T cell subsets, as well as relevant cytokines that participate in SLE.

read more

19:28

Harbor Freight Wool Blanket "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

For those of us that are near a Harbor Freight store, there are quite a few items in their inventory that will suit us in a basic survival or grid down situation.

One thing I have learned about Harbor Freight is that most of their products are well made, long lasting, and economical,,,,,,,but there are some items that are down right junk and not worth wasting your money on. So i will be the guinea pig and buy these useful items and put them to a basic test, then put them to use in an...

Harbor Freight Wool Blanket

19:17

Neuroprotective effect of curcumin against cerebral ischemia-reperfusion. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Mol Neurosci. 2018 Jan ;64(1):129-139. Epub 2017 Dec 15. PMID: 29243061 Abstract Title:  Neuroprotective Effect of Curcumin Against Cerebral Ischemia-Reperfusion Via Mediating Autophagy and Inflammation. Abstract:  Curcumin, a polyphenolic compound extracted from Curcuma longa, has drawn attention for its effective bioactivities against ischemia-induced injury. This study aimed to evaluate the neuroprotective effect of curcumin and investigate the underlying mechanism that mediates autophagy and inflammation in an animal model of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) in rats. Curcumin was delivered to Sprague Dawley male rats at a dose of 200 mg/kg curcumin by intraperitoneal injection 30 min after ischemia-reperfusion (I/R). LY294002, a specific inhibitor of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway, as well as anisomycin, an activator of TLR4/p38/MAPK, was administered by ventricle injection 30 min before MCAO. The same volume of saline was givenas a control. Brain infarction and neurological function were determined 24 h post-MCAO. Immunoblotting and immunofluorescence were used to detect alterations in autophagy-relevant proteins Akt, p-Akt, mTOR, p-mTOR, LC3-II, and LC3-I, and inflammation-related proteins TLR4, p-38, p-p38, and IL-1 inthe ipsilateral hemisphere. Cerebral I/R injury resulted in significant alterations of LC3-II/LC3-I, IL-1, TLR4, and p-p38. Curcumin in MCAO rats significantly improved brain damage and neurological function by upregulating p-Akt and p-mTOR and downregulating LC3-II/LC3-I, IL-1, TLR4, p-38, and p-p38. However, these protective effects against ischemia could be suppressed when LY294002 or anisomycin was included. Curcumin exerts neuroprotective effects by attenuating autophagic activities through mediating the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway, while also suppressing an inflammatory reaction by regulatingthe TLR4/p38/MAPK pathway. Furthermore, this study indicates that curcumin could be an effective therapy for patients afflicted with ischemia.

read more

19:08

Adobe Achieves Record Revenue "IndyWatch Feed Photography"

Adobe reported a new record revenue: Adobe achieved record quarterly revenue of $2.08 billion in its first quarter of fiscal year 2018, which represents 24 percent year-over-year revenue growth. Their subscription strategy seems to work even if it did upset

The post Adobe Achieves Record Revenue appeared first on mirrorlessrumors.

19:05

Cedella Marley: Laugh It Up "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Laughing at a challenging circumstance robs it of any power it might have over us, empowering us to take control of our emotional reactions.

19:04

Grandfather Cures His Cancer With Homemade Cannabis Oil "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Mike Cutler claims the cancerous cells in his liver disappeared after he began taking home-made cannabis oil.

19:03

Psychedelic Poetry On The Top Of Machu Picchu Mountain "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Last year I was privileged enough to have had the adventure of a lifetime, this adventure led me to many places from the lowlands of the jungle to the high tops of the mountains.

19:02

A review of curcumin and melanoma. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Nutr Cancer. 2018 Feb-Mar;70(2):164-175. Epub 2018 Jan 4. PMID: 29300102 Abstract Title:  Curcumin and Melanoma: From Chemistry to Medicine. Abstract:  Melanoma is the most deadly form of skin cancer, with about 48,000 deaths each year worldwide. Growing evidence suggests that individual nutrients or dietary patterns might have important roles in the prevention of melanoma. Considering that melanoma is a potentially life-threatening cancer, novel protective and adjuvant treatments are needed to improve its prognosis. Curcumin is a bioactive substance extracted from rhizome of Curcuma longa L. Its global market is expected to grow in the next few years, especially in the pharmaceutical industry, due to its numerous physiological and pharmacological properties. For this review, we collected the available data on the protective and therapeutic role of curcumin against melanoma. We also discuss the chemistry, dietary sources, bioavailability, and metabolism of curcumin, and the mechanisms of action of its potential anticancer effects at the molecular level. Current challenges and future directions for research are also critically discussed.

read more

19:02

Kundalini Awakening from an African Perspective "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Kundalini energy naturally dwells within us all.

19:01

A Zen Master Explains the Art of Letting Go, And It Isnt What You Think "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Thich Naht Hanh, the Zen Buddhist master, has some interesting advice about what it means to truly let go.

18:58

Jordan Sather, Destroying the Illusion 3-16-18 Interviewing Dr. Michael Salla on Antarcticas Hidden History & Secret Space Programs "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Image links to the book

This interview may be of interest to many. Dr. Salla lives here on the Big Island and I feel his book may be an apocalypser for many in the science and related fields. There is an article on Exopolitics.org about the book, which may be purchased at Amazon.

18:46

Russian Nuclear Subs Quietly Reach Californian Coast "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Russian nuclear submarines have quietly reached the Californian coastline, according to the Russian Defence Ministry.

The submarines were conducting an exercise near American military bases with the objective of avoiding detection, a submarine squadron commander told Zvezda (a Russian military TV network).

Rt.com reports: According to a submarine officer filmed in the show, the Navy command ordered to take position in the vicinity of US military bases during exercises.

This mission has been accomplished, the submarines showed up in the set location in the ocean and returned to base, the commander of the submarine squadron, Sergey Starshinov, told Zvezda.

Asked if the submarines had managed to stay off the radar during the mission, Starshinov replied: Yes. This is our objective to come and go undetected. The Navy commander said the Russian vessels came close enough to American shores but did not violate US maritime borders, remaining in neutral waters.

The date and location of the covert mission have not been disclosed, but the channel said the Russian nuclear-powered submarines reached the very coastline of the US.

Shchuka-B submarine has been commissioned for the Soviet Navy in 1986. The nuclear-powered sub is capable of launching Kalibr or Granat cruise missiles, engaging underwater targets with its 553mm torpedoes, and staying submerged for up to 100 days, according to open sources.

As with many Russian nuclear submarines, the information of their status as well as current and past deployments is sparse. It is understood that several submarines of this class are being operated by the Russian Navy or undergoing modernization. One Shchuka-B submarine was leased to India, where it entered service under the name INS Chakra.

In 2016, a senior US Navy official complained the military branch cannot ensure full awareness of Russian submarine deployments which were at the level unseen since the Cold War.

The submarines that were seeing are much more stealthy, Admiral Mark Ferguson,...

18:45

Curcumin has the potential to induce and maintain remission in ulcerative colitis patients. "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

PMID:  Acta Med Indones. 2017 Oct ;49(4):363-368. PMID: 29348389 Abstract Title:  Efficacy of Curcumin as Adjuvant Therapy to Induce or Maintain Remission in Ulcerative Colitis Patients: an Evidence-based Clinical Review. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: treatment guidelines for ulcerative colitis (UC) not yet established. Currently, mesalazine, corticosteroids, and immunomodulators are treatment options for UC. However, they are known to have unpleaseant side effects such as nausea, vomiting, headaches, hepatitis, and male infertility. Curcumin is found in Turmeric plants (Curcuma longa L.), which possesses both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This study aimed to determine whether curcumin as adjuvant therapy can induce or maintain remission in UC patients.METHODS: structured search in three database (Cochrane, PubMed, Proquest) using"Curcumin","remission"and"Ulcerative Colitis"as keywords. Inclusion criteria is randomized controlled trials (RCTs), meta-analysis, or systematic review using curcumin as adjuvant therapy in adult UC patients.RESULTS: we found 49 articles. After exclusion, three RCTs were reviewed; two examined curcumin efficacy to induce remission and one for remision maintenance in UC. Curcumin was significantly more effective than placebo in all RCTs. The efficacy of curcumin could be explained by its anti-inflammatory properties, which inhibit NF-kB pathway. Regulation of oxidant/anti-oxidant balance can modify the release of cytokines. However, methods varied between RCTs. Therefore, they cannot be compared objectively. Futhermore, the sample size were small (n= 50, 45, 89) therefore the statistical power was not enough to generate representative results in all UC patients.CONCLUSION: Available evidence showed that curcumin has the potential to induce and maintain remission in UC patients with no serious side effects. However, further studies with larger sample size are needed to recommend it as adjuvant therapy of ulcerative colitis.

read more

18:25

US Economic Report Dedicates a Whole Chapter on Cryptocurrencies "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

US Economic Report Dedicates a Whole Chapter on Cryptocurrencies

The 2018 Economic Report for the President has recently been published with a whole chapter dedicated to cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and the future of blockchain regulation.

Also Read: Coinbase Granted E-Money License by UKs Financial Conduct Authority

New Innovations and Markets Presents Americas Regulatory and Legislative Institutions With Unique Challenges

Every year the U.S. Congress publishes an economic report that discusses a variety of subjects that affect the economy such as technology, opioid abuse, employment rates, and the stock market. This years 2018 Economic Report features a whole chapter focused on bitcoin, initial coin offerings (ICOs), and blockchain technology. Chapter nine is called, Building a secure future, one blockchain at a time. The congressional study takes note that last year cryptocurrencies had entered a mainstream awareness phase.       

Blockchain technology providing cybersecurity and many other potential benefitsbroke into the mainstream in 2017 driven by widespread interest and surging valuations in digital currencies such as bitcoin and ethereum, explains the report.

These new innovations and markets presented Americas regulatory and legislative institutions with unique challenges as well as technology that could revolutionize the worlds digital landscape and economy.

18:24

A review of the use of curcumin in psoriasis. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2018 Jan 25 ;6(1):218-220. Epub 2018 Jan 21. PMID: 29484027 Abstract Title:  Use of Curcumin in Psoriasis. Abstract:  Curcumin is a polyphenol derived from the golden spice turmeric, which is widely used for different purposes, such as culinary spice and alimentary addictive, make - up and, finally, as a natural product for the treatment of different diseases, especially for the chronic inflammatory ones. Recently, curcumin has been proposed as a valid and safe therapeutic option for psoriasis.

read more

18:13

Curcumin suppressed the prostate cancer by inhibiting JNK pathways via epigenetic regulation. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2018 Feb 27. Epub 2018 Feb 27. PMID: 29485738 Abstract Title:  Curcumin suppressed the prostate cancer by inhibiting JNK pathways via epigenetic regulation. Abstract:  Curcumin is a component of turmeric and is isolated from the rhizomes of the plant Curcuma longa. Curcumin was reported to have therapeutic effects on prostate cancer. Yet the molecular mechanism of curcumin remains unclear. In this study, mouse prostate cancer xenograft model was established and subjected to curcumin treatment. GST-c-Jun pull down kinase assays were performed to study the phospho-c-Jun level. Cell Counting Kit-8 assay kit was utilized to detect the cell viability. Immunoblotting and qRT-PCR were performed for target gene expression analysis. Curcumin inhibited growth of prostate cancer in vivo as well as promoted apoptosis of LNCaP cells in vitro. Curcumin inhibited JNK pathway and repressed H3K4me3 in LNCaP cells. Combined use of curcumin and JQ-1 inhibited the prostate cancer efficiently. In conclusion, curcumin inhibits JNK pathway and plays a role in epigenetic regulation of prostate cancer cells by repressing H3K4me3.

read more

18:12

JAMES COMEY JUST HIT THE PANIC BUTTON AFTER RECEIVING THREATENING LETTER "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the wikileaks tv YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

JAMES COMEY JUST HIT THE PANIC BUTTON AFTER RECEIVING THREATENING LETTER.thanks for watching. Like,share and subscribe.

18:04

The revenge of the pecuniary externalities on cryptocurrencies "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The town of Plattsburgh, New York, has become the first in the US to place a moratorium on cryptocurrency mining. Its not an outright ban, at least not yet it doesnt affect miners currently operating in the city, just new ones looking to set up shop, and its only in place for 18 months.

Why Plattsburgh, New York? Its simple: the small town has the cheapest electricity in the world, as Mayor Colin Read told Motherboard. Mining involves using high powered computers to solve complex problems, and thus be rewarded with cryptocurrency. It generates a lot of heat and uses an inordinate amount of electricity. It makes sense that these mining enterprises would look for places with inexpensive electricity. The problem is that its resulted in higher electric bills for everyone else in the town.

Here is the full story, via the excellent Samir Varma.

The post The revenge of the pecuniary externalities on cryptocurrencies appeared first on Marginal REVOLUTION.

18:04

Q JOHN PERRY BARLOW -@snowden -AARON SHWARTZ Connection "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the James Munder YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

GAB @1munder
TWITTER @1munder
DISCORD jamesmunder
STEEMIT @jamesmunder
https://paypal.me/jamesmunder
BITCOIN ADDRESS:    1LHt3dfgr6s8RjihkDy89botGDGDk1ZMTG
https://www.patreon/JamesMunder

I OPENED UP THESE ACCOUNTS BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO DO PATREON, SO I GOT A BITCOIN WALLET & PAYPAL WALLET BECAUSE OF THE DEMONITIZATION AYPOCALYPSE. Thank You For Supportting Real People like me

The Link Below Will Help You To Support JAMES MUNDER & THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION:

Link https://www.patreon/JamesMunder Link

BACKUP CHANNEL THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION. MAKE SURE SUBSCRIBE. Thank you God Bless You

DONT YOU JUST LOVE MY SUPER AWESOME CHANNEL? THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET YOU CAN SEE MY MASTERPIECES OF DIVINATION!...

18:03

Q JOHN PERRY BARLOW -@snowden -AARON SHWARTZ Connection "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the James Munder YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

GAB @1munder
TWITTER @1munder
DISCORD jamesmunder
STEEMIT @jamesmunder

I OPENED UP THESE ACCOUNTS BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO DO PATREON, SO I GOT A BITCOIN WALLET & PAYPAL WALLET BECAUSE OF THE DEMONITIZATION AYPOCALYPSE. Thank You For Supportting Real People like me

BACKUP CHANNEL THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION. MAKE SURE SUBSCRIBE. Thank you God Bless You

DONT YOU JUST LOVE MY SUPER AWESOME CHANNEL? THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET YOU CAN SEE MY MASTERPIECES OF DIVINATION!

SPONSOR MY INSPECTIONS OF THE MASTERMIND MAINSTREAM MEDIA & TOGETHER, WE WILL TRAVEL THROUGH THE RABBITHOLE INTO O...

18:03

Finally Jeff SESSION wakes up!! Shocks Andrew McCabe with Sack letter . "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Finally Jeff SESSION wakes up!! Shocks Andrew McCabe with Sack letter .thanks for watching. Like,share and subscribe.

18:02

The use of curcumin may be a promising therapeutic approach to the treatment of patients with pancreatic cancer. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Int J Oncol. 2018 Mar 1. Epub 2018 Mar 1. PMID: 29512729 Abstract Title:  Curcumin inhibits superoxide dismutase-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition via the PI3K/Akt/NF-B pathway in pancreatic cancer cells. Abstract:  Curcumin is a natural polyphenol compound derived from turmeric. It possesses multiple pharmacological properties, including antioxidant, anti-inammatory and anti-tumor progression properties. Our recent study demonstrated that superoxide dismutase (SOD)-dependent production of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) promoted the invasive and migratory activity of pancreatic cancer cells. However, whether curcumin suppresses SOD-induced cancer progression and the related mechanisms remains unclear. Since epithelialto-mesenchymal transition (EMT) plays a key role in tumor metastasis, the aim of the present study was to examine whether curcumin intervenes with SOD-induced EMT in pancreatic cancer and the underlying mechanism. The human pancreaticcancer cells BxPC-3 and Panc-1 were exposed to SOD in the presence or absence of curcumin, catalase (CAT, a scavenger of H2O2), or LY 294002 [a phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI3K) inhibitor]. Intracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS) and H2O2 were evaluated by 2,7-dichlorodihydrouorecein diacetate and H2O2 assay, respectively. The activation of p-Akt and p-nuclear factor (NF)-B were examined by western blotting. The migratory and invasive abilities of pancreatic cancer cells were tested by the wound healing and Transwell invasion assays. The expression of E-cadherin, N-cadherin and vimentin (EMT-related genes) were measured by reverse transcription-quantitative polymerase chain reaction and western blotting at the mRNA and protein levels, respectively. The findings of the present study demonstrated that curcumin decreased SOD-induced production of ROS and H2O2 in BxPC-3 and Panc-1cells. Curcumin was able to suppress SOD-induced invasion and migration, and it also regulated the expression of the abovementioned EMT-related genes and cell morphology. SOD-induced cell invasion was also inhibited by catalase and LY 294002. Furthermore, the levels of p-Akt and p-NF-B caused by SOD could be offset by treatment with curcumin and LY 294002. To summarize, these results demonstrated that curcumin was able to prevent SOD-driven H2O2-induced pancreatic cancer metastasis by blocking the PI3K/Akt/NF-B signaling pathway. The use of curcumin to inhibit the H2O2/Akt/NF-B axis may be a promising therapeutic approach to the treatment of patients with pancreatic cancer.

read more

17:49

Prophylactic use of an aloe vera-based cream-based cream is thus effective in delaying radiation dermatitis in head and neck cancer. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Medicines (Basel). 2017 Jun 24 ;4(3). Epub 2017 Jun 24. PMID: 28930258 Abstract Title:  An Aloe Vera-Based Cosmeceutical Cream Delays and Mitigates Ionizing Radiation-Induced Dermatitis in Head and Neck Cancer Patients Undergoing Curative Radiotherapy: A Clinical Study. Abstract:  This study was planned to evaluate the efficacy of topical application of an-based cream (AVC) for the prevention of ionizing radiation (X ray)-induced dermatitis in head and neck cancer patients requiring therapeutic radiation treatment (>62 Gy).From July 2012 to December 2012, a total of 60 head and neck cancer patients requiring curative radiotherapy (RT) of more than 66 Gy were prospectively enrolled and treated with AVC or a comparator Johnson's Baby Oil (JBO). Acute skin reaction was monitored and classified according to the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) four-point rating scale on a weekly basis.The results indicate that there was a statistically significant delay in the incidence (= 0.04) of dermatitis at week three in the AVC application group. Application of AVC reduced the incidence of Grade 1, 2, and 3 dermatitis at subsequent time points, while Grade 4 dermatitis was not seen in either cohort. The other most important observation was that the continued application of AVC two weeks after the completion of RT was effective in reducing the average grade of dermatitis and was statistically significant (

read more

17:30

Bittorrent Client Joystream Aims to Go Live on Bitcoin Cash Mainnet "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bittorrent Client Joystream Aims to Go Live on Bitcoin Cash Mainnet

This week the cryptocurrency-infused Bittorrent client, Joystream, has announced the streaming platform will go live on the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) mainnet within days.

Also read: Crypto Influencers Is a Whos Who of Crypto Twitter

Joystream Plans to Go Live on Bitcoin Cash Mainnet in Days

JoystreamBittorrent Client Joystream Aims to Go Live on Bitcoin Cash Mainnet is a Bittorrent application that offers rewards for downloading and seeding torrent files. The startup was founded by Dr. Bedeho Mender, and the development team first launched its alpha clients back 2015. The original Bittorrent software enables peer-to-peer file sharing, but Joystream hopes micropayment incentives for sharing files and bandwidth can help create a more robust torrenting atmosphere. Dr. Mender told news.Bitcoin.com back in 2015 that for cryptocurrencies like bitcoin to have value they should be distributed widely.     

For transferable proof of work tokens to have value, they must have monetary value To have monetary value, they must be transferred within a very large network, the founder of Joystream explained.

Now the company has revea...

17:19

Diallyl disulfide could be a promising anticancer agent for anti-metastatic treatment of esophageal-gastric junction adenocarcinoma in the future. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Oncol Rep. 2018 Feb ;39(2):784-794. Epub 2017 Nov 27. PMID: 29207122 Abstract Title:  Diallyl disulfide inhibits the metastasis of type esophagealgastric junction adenocarcinoma cells via NF-B and PI3K/AKT signaling pathways in vitro. Abstract:  Esophageal-gastric junction adenocarcinoma (AEG) is an aggressive tumor with high incidence and dismal prognosis worldwide. Despite significant advances in therapeutic strategies, the 5-year survival rate still remains low. Diallyl disulfide (DADS), which is one of the major volatile components isolated from garlic, has been shown to have multi-targeted antitumor activities in a variety of cancer cells. However, the exact anti-metastatic effects and underlying molecular mechanisms of DADS in AEG have not been elucidated. The present study demonstrated that DADS inhibited cell viability of OE19 cells with low cytotoxicity to healthy hepatocytes, L02 cells, in vitro. Non-toxic doses of DADS were 10 g/ml for a 24-h treatment. Our data showed that these non-toxic doses of DADS were found to block the metastasis of OE19 cells by suppressing MMPs, increasing u-PA and TIMPs, as well as altering the balance of MMPs/TIMPs, which at least in part resultedfrom the suppression of NF-B and PI3K/AKT signaling pathways. The present study provides a previously neglected insight into the investigation of DADS in suppressing tumor metastasis and its underlying molecular mechanisms in vitro. Hence, DADS could be a promising anticancer agent for anti-metastatic treatment of AEG in the future.

read more

17:12

Hiking on the hills in eastern Oregon on a cloudy spring day. "IndyWatch Feed Photography"

Hiking on the hills in eastern Oregon on a cloudy spring day.
http://ift.tt/2GBBeBj

17:12

I spent an evening driving around the saddle on Coburg ridge. Some sunlight coming through a row of trees. "IndyWatch Feed Photography"

I spent an evening driving around the saddle on Coburg ridge. Some sunlight coming through a row of trees.
http://ift.tt/2FQovcA

17:05

Major $3 Billion Discount Airline AirAsia Mulls ICO "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Discount airline AirAsia is mulling an initial coin offering (ICO) to help finance its expansion into the financial services industry. $3 Billion Discount Airline AirAsia Mulls ICO Speaking with TechCrunch, AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes laid out a plan for the $3 billion company to develop a proprietary cryptocurrency that could replace its current Big Loyalty Continued

The post Major $3 Billion Discount Airline AirAsia Mulls ICO appeared first on CCN

17:03

Manuka honey exhibited greater antibacterial activity against ESBL-producing E. coli than garlic extract. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2017 Oct 1 ;111(10):472-478. PMID: 29373742 Abstract Title:  Single and joint antibacterial activity of aqueous garlic extract and Manuka honey on extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli. Abstract:  Background: Multidrug resistance and recent technological advances have renewed interest in natural product drug discovery from ancient remedies such as Allium sativum (garlic) and honey. This study assessed antibacterial activity of aqueous garlic extract (AGE) and Manuka honey on extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli.Methods: Thirty clinical isolates of E. coli were collected and screened for ESBL production by double-disc synergy test. Single and joint antibacterial activity of AGE and Manuka honey against ESBL-producing E. coli were determined by agar well dilution and checkerboard methods, respectively.Results: Minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and minimum bactericidal concentration (MBC) of AGE ranged from 125-250 mg/mL and 250-500 mg/mL, respectively. MIC and MBC of Manuka honey ranged from 12.5-25% v/v and 25-50% v/v, respectively. The combination of AGE and Manuka honey exhibited different effects on selected ESBL-producing E. coli; synergism (1/4H+1/16G), additive (1/8H+1/2G, 1/2H+1/16G), indifference (1/16H+MICG, MICH+1/16G, 2MICH+1/32G) and antagonism (4MICH+1/32G).Conclusions: Manuka honey exhibited greater antibacterial activity against ESBL-producing E. coli than AGE. Antibacterial activity, and the interaction of AGE and Manuka honey against ESBL-producing E. coli are dependent on their concentration. Studies assessing antibacterial activity of potent phytochemicals in AGE and honey would provide insights to mechanisms of interaction for development of new drug leads.

read more

16:44

YOURE FIRED!! Effective Immediately ((Whats Next??)) ((Whos Next?)) "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/17/former-fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-fired.amp.html

GAB @1munder
TWITTER @1munder
DISCORD jamesmunder
STEEMIT @jamesmunder

DONT YOU JUST LOVE MY SUPER AWESOME CHANNEL? THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET YOU CAN SEE MY MASTERPIECES OF DIVINATION!

SPONSOR MY INSPECTIONS OF THE MASTERMIND MAINSTREAM MEDIA & TOGETHER, WE WILL TRAVEL THROUGH...

16:42

YOURE FIRED!! ((Whats Next??)) ((Whos Next?)) "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/17/former-fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-fired.amp.html

GAB @1munder
TWITTER @1munder
DISCORD jamesmunder
STEEMIT @jamesmunder

DONT YOU JUST LOVE MY SUPER AWESOME CHANNEL? THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET YOU CAN SEE MY MASTERPIECES OF DIVINATION!...

16:41

NEO, EOS, LTC, Monero, Lumens: Technical Analysis March 17, 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Be it a brief altcoins recovery or not, this is exactly what the cryptocurrency market needs. From Lumens, NEO, LTC, Monero and even EOS, there is reliever and a pause of this relentless bear pressure.

Our focus today goes to Lumens and while it is generally bearish, the response at $0.20 or the 78.6% Fibonacci retracement level has been awesome.

Lets have a look at these charts:

XLM/USD (Lumens)

Lumens Technical AnalysisXLM/USD Bittrex 4HR Chart for March 17, 2018

While there is obvious reaction at around $0.20, Lumens swing sellers can literally pull off their short plug and what for a rebound of prices. Referring to yesterdays forecast, our sell zone is set at or around recent highs of $0.30.

If prices do react and strong bear candlestick prints in the direction of the bearish break out pattern clear in the weekly chart then we can proceed with our previous projection and load shorts.

Otherwise, as we can see, $0.20 is important and being the 78.6% Fibonacci retracement level anchoring on this digital assets high low. I mean, with the accumulation and higher highs relative to the lower BB as visible in the 4HR chart, this level can as well be a perfect bull spring board.

However, before we draw conclusions, lets wait and see what price action has.

XMR/USD (Monero)

16:41

The nephrotoxic effect of cisplatin was diminished by the antioxidant effect of astaxanthin. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Biomed Pharmacother. 2018 Apr ;100:575-582. Epub 2018 Feb 26. PMID: 29494988 Abstract Title:  The protective effect of astaxanthin against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Abstract:  PURPOSE: The aim of this experimental study was to investigate the antioxidant effects of astaxanthin against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats.METHODS: Forty-eight male Sprague-Dawley rats weighing 264.837.39g were randomly divided into six groups of eight animals each. These were constituted as control, olive oil control, astaxanthin control, cisplatin control, 16mg/kg cisplatin&25mg/kg astaxanthin and 16mg/kg cisplatin&75mg/kg astaxanthin groups. Biochemical evaluation was performed by measuring blood urea nitrogen, serum creatinine, total oxidant status and total antioxidant status. Renal corpuscle, proximal and distal tubules areas (m) were calculated for histopathological evaluation, and Caspase-3 staining was performed for immunohistochemical evaluation.RESULTS: Cisplatin reduced total antioxidant status levels and increased blood urea nitrogen, serum creatinine, total oxidant status, and Caspase-3 levels. It also caused dilatation, vacuolization, and loss of tubular epithelial cells in the proximal and distal tubules, and glomerular degeneration and edema were determined in kidney tissue (p

read more

16:33

Astaxanthin and sesamin supplementation may be a candidate to promote recovery from mental fatigue. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Nutrients. 2018 Feb 28 ;10(3). Epub 2018 Feb 28. PMID: 29495607 Abstract Title:  Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Astaxanthin and Sesamin on Daily Fatigue: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Two-Way Crossover Study. Abstract:  Severe fatigue can negatively affect quality of life, and oxidative stress may play a role in its mechanism. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of dietary supplementation of astaxanthin and sesamin (AS), strong food-derived antioxidants, on fatigue. Twenty-four healthy volunteers were supplemented with AS and placebo, each for four weeks. After each supplementation period, participants underwent tasks inducing mental and physical fatigue (visual display terminal task and ergometer task, respectively). Subjective fatigue was evaluated using a visual analogue scale during and after the mental and physical tasks, and daily subjective fatigue was evaluated by the Chalder fatigue questionnaire. Secondary outcomes included other subjective feelings, work efficiency, autonomic nerve activity, levels of an oxidative stress marker (plasma phosphatidylcholine hydroperoxide (PCOOH)) and safety. AS supplementation was associated with significantly improved recovery from mental fatigue compared with placebo. Increased PCOOH levels during mental and physical tasks were attenuated by AS supplementation. No differences between AS and placebo were detected in secondary outcomes, and no adverse effects of AS supplementation were observed. In conclusion, AS supplementation may be a candidate to promote recovery from mental fatigue which is experienced by many healthy people.

read more

16:11

Astaxanthin is neuroprotective in an aged mouse model of Parkinson's disease. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Oncotarget. 2018 Feb 13 ;9(12):10388-10401. Epub 2017 Dec 28. PMID: 29535814 Abstract Title:  Astaxanthin is neuroprotective in an aged mouse model of Parkinson's disease. Abstract:  Parkinson's disease (PD) is the second most common neurodegenerative disorder and prevalence increases with age. Normal physiological changes that occur during the aging process reflect the pathological characteristics of Parkinson's disease. It is also recognized that age related changes significantly interact with the pathological mechanisms that underlie the neurodegeneration in PD and perpetuate the disease process. Despite the fact that aging is considered to be a primary risk factor for developing PD, the use of aged animal models are still under-utilized in pre-clinical research, thus reducing the translatability of experimental findings. Here, we use a natural compound astaxanthin (AXT) with multiple biological activities to attenuate neurotoxicity in a mouse model of Parkinson's disease in both young and aged mice. We observed that AXT preserved neurons in the substantia nigra of both young and aged mice that were exposed to the MPTP neurotoxin. However, AXT was less efficacious in the aged animals, as AXT was not able to protect against the MPTP induced loss of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) throughout the aged nigro-striatal circuit. This disparity in the neuroprotective effect of AXT suggests that aging is a critical factor to consider during the development of novel therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases and should be more rigorously evaluated in preclinical models.

read more

16:00

Comic for 2018.03.17 "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

New Cyanide and Happiness Comic

GMOs Revealed "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

GMOs Revealed is a nine-part documentary series featuring more than 20 top experts in the field, including yours truly. In Episode 1, above, youll hear from Dr. Zach Bush, whose triple-board certification includes expertise in internal medicine, endocrinology and metabolism, Vani Hari, blogger and founder of FoodBabe.com, and Gunnar Lovelace, CEO of Thrive Market, an online non-GMO food store.

While genetically modified organisms (GMOS), and the pesticides that go along with them, are touted as the solution to feed the world, the reality is a far cry from this industry-spread ideal. In reality, 86 percent of the value of U.S. agricultural exports in 2015 went to 20 destinations with low numbers of hungry people and high rates of human development scores.1 The top recipient? Canada.

In 2013 as well, U.S. farms contributed only 2.3 percent of the food supply to the countries with the most starving people.2 Such countries, unbeknownst to many Americans, actually produce most of their own food already. What they need is not for the U.S. to step up its production of genetically engineered (GE) corn and soy, but to be given resources to distribute and increase access to food while helping local farmers to earn a good living.

Further, as Bush stated, If we took GMOs off the market today, we would still be feeding the world with the same inefficacy that we are today. We have starvation. We have the biggest famine in human history happening over in sub-Saharan Africa right now. However, the problem with GMOs is one much larger than failed promises or misguided expectations.

Instead, its a form of technology that threatens human health, the environment and the very food supply we depend on. At the foundation, GMOs Revealed seeks to answer a question thats relevant to all of us:

What if the desire to use technology to enhance our world and save lives has evolved into a lust that, when paired with corporate greed and politics, becomes a catastrophic mass experiment that harms you and your family? Genetically modified foods, also known as GMOs, represent one of the most controversial issues in the world today. What is more vital to humanity, to each of us, than our food supply?

The Not-so-Green Revolution

As Bush explains, many of the problems with industrialized agriculture be...

Can Your Eyes Reveal Health Problems? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola

Because dozens of diseases and illnesses are known to show symptoms in your eyes, ophthalmologists and optometrists are often among the first to help you recognize certain medical conditions.1 An internal study of 120,000 patients by insurance company VSP Vision Care highlights the value of vision care. Their data suggests an eye exam was the first indicator of problems in:2

• 62 percent of imbalanced cholesterol cases
  • 39 percent of high blood pressure cases
  • 34 percent of diabetes cases

If you are unsure what your body might be trying to tell you with respect to changes in your eye health and vision, youll want to continue reading. While your eyes may be a window to your soul, they can also reveal health problems elsewhere in your body.

Changes in Blood Vessels Within Your Eyes Can Predict Future Memory Loss

A new study published in the medical journal Neurology3 once again links your eye health to the potential future risk of memory loss. As reported by CNN Health,4 the study suggests small changes in the blood vessels within your eyes at age 60 can predict your likelihood of experiencing cognitive decline during the next few decades of life.

Because the very small blood vessels in your brain are unable to be seen using standard brain imaging techniques, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), researchers hypothesized studying blood vessels in the eye might provide clues about whats happening in the brain. 

Prior studies have already affirmed that diseases of your vascular system put you at increased risk of cognitive impairment as you age. The current study tracked 12,317 men and women aged 50 to 73 over a 20-year period to test the hypothesis that retinal vascular signs are strongly associated with cognitive decline.5

At the onset, participants were evaluated for their memory and thinking skills. Two additional rounds of tests occurred during the next 20 years. Three years into the study, researchers used a special camera to take photos of each persons retina, thereby providing a snapshot of what is going on in the microvasculature in the eye....

15:54

Astaxanthin could be effective in preventing multiple sclerosis. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Bratisl Lek Listy. 2018 ;119(3):160-166. PMID: 29536745 Abstract Title:  Astaxanthin effectiveness in preventing multiple sclerosis in animal model. Abstract:  OBJECTIVE: The aim of the present study was to reveal the effect of therapeutic and prophylactic potential of astaxanthin in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) as an acceptable model for the study of multiple sclerosis (MS).BACKGROUND: Astaxanthin has powerful antioxidant activities as well as several essential biological functions while multiple sclerosis prevention is highly regarded by researchers.METHODS: The astaxanthin potential in prevention of multiple sclerosis was examined in the chronic model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) by using female C57BL/6 mice induced with oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (MOG). Splenocytes were assessed to measure the levels of proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines, proliferation rate and FoxP3+Treg cell frequency. Immunohistochemical examinations were performed on spinal cord and brain tissue.RESULTS: Astaxanthin reduced splenocytes proliferation index and proinflammatory cytokine levels, and vice versa increased the anti-inflammatory cytokine levels. Immunohistochemical studies of the spinal cord and brain showed that the infiltration with inflammatory cells was highly confined in the central nervous system. Protective effects of astaxanthin were visible by assigning low score recording in clinical behavior and disease severity.CONCLUSION: Astaxanthin is a powerful tool for intervention in EAE on a model of multiple sclerosis, so it can be studied further to prevent and treat MS (Tab. 2, Fig. 3, Ref. 41).

read more

15:47

Who Says Vaccines Are Safe? Not When They Shed The Very Diseases They Are Supposed To Prevent! "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Theres nothing like the past, which to learn from, for the future.

The New York Daily News reported on March 21, 2009 a vaccine story that should have had the vaccine industry, health officials, consumers, and parents especially, concerned.

Dominick Tenuto, of Staten Island, New York, contracted paralytic polio from changing his baby daughters diapers after she had been vaccinated with the Lederle Laboratories vaccine Orimune!

The process by which that unfortunate adverse health incident occurred is known as, and called, shedding.

Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months afterwards and infect the vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.

(Source)

What is shedding a virus?

Viral shedding refers to the expulsion and release of virus progeny following successful reproduction during a host-cell infection. Once replication has been completed and the host cell is exhausted of all resources in making viral progeny, the viruses may begin to leave the cell by several methods.

(Source)

Mr. Tenuto told the New York Daily NewsIt was a long legal fight and we finally prevailed. Guess what the jury awarded? $22.5 MILLION! Now, can you see why vaccines had to become liability-proof for the pharmaceutical and vaccine industry? Vaccine damages are true crimes against humanity with get out of jail free cards provided to the vaccine industry courtesy of the U.S. Congress!

Furthermore, according to the NY Daily News,

The jury determined that the Orimune vaccine his daughter, Diana, received was unreasonably dangerous and that drugmaker Lederle...

15:45

"Day Zero" Wrangell Alaska has declared a water emergency and could be the 2nd city to run out of water this year along with Cape Town in SA "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Wrangell.
Wrangell Alaska has declared a water emergency and could be the 2nd city to run out of water this year along with Cape Town in SA.
City officials say the Southeast community has about one month of supply left.
So, theyre asking residents to cut way back on use.
Those conservation measures and more rainfall could solve the problem.
The city said it will aggressively monitor and strictly enforce water restrictions for residents.
These mandates include no outside water usage, fixing plumbing leaks and reducing everyday consumption.
Obviously nobodys watering anything outside yet because its still too cold.
But theres going to be an urge to want to wash your cars, city manager Lisa Von Bargen said. Please refrain from doing that, and washing of decks or driveways or paved surfaces or things like that.
Residents who dont comply will get a verbal and written warning.
Further violations could bring a $500 fine.
Wrangell does not have a water metering system.
The city issued a red alert.
This comes less than three weeks after it announced a lesser yellow alert.
The water shortage is two-fold.
There isnt enough raw water because the island hasnt gotten much rainfall.
And, the water treatment plant isnt cutting it.
Through its filtration process, its losing hundreds of thousands of gallons a week. Every time we do filter cleanings were dumping approximately 150,000 gallons of water which is a ridiculous loss because theres no way to recoup that, Von Bargen said.

Further South on the Western Coast this week, parts of Oregon where declared a drought emergency after low levels of rain and snowfall this winter and the same problem has hit most of California.

Cape Town residents in South Africa are forced to queue at communal taps at 200 water points-likely under police or military guard-to collect a daily ration of 25 litres (6.6 USA gallons).
The latest data from the City of Cape Town indicates that dam storage level is at 24.9% a weekly decrease of -0.6%.
South Africa has declared a national disaster over the drought afflicting southern and western regions including Cape Town, t...

15:30

Data Reveals the Reasons Behind Bitcoins Big Dip "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Data Reveals the Reasons Behind Bitcoins Big Dip

As everyone knows, bitcoin has dropped roughly three-fold from its December peak. At the height of the mania it touched $20,000 but has since fallen to as low as $6,000. The question of what caused the great decline is one that most bitcoiners have an opinion on. In a bid to settle the matter once and for all, Chainalysis has pored over the data to determine what happened.

Also read: South Korea Planning to Formally Allow ICOs

Bitcoin and the Bottomless Dip

Chainalysis is a respected research team whose data scientists and blockchain analysts have previously claimed to have worked out where Mt Gox missing bitcoins wound up. In The Great Bitcoin Price Dip: Its Causes and a Way Forward, Chainalysis turns its attention to BTC price action over the past three months. A lot of whats in the report could have been deduced without glancing at a graph, but its interesting to see these observations backed by evidence.

According to Chainalysis, bitcoins big sell-off was a result of Regulatory news driving trading volumes and a peak of positive sentiment pushing price; and a lack of fundamentals resulting in herding behaviour across increasingly correlated exchanges and cryptocurrencies. Basically, were all just a bunch of herd animals driven by our emotions, and when one of...

15:24

New Music Festival To Celebrate Sounds Of Promoters Explaining Lack Of Female Artists "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

LEROY PERCIVAL | Music Editor | CONTACT October 24th will see a radical new music festival for all Australian industry heads.  Aimed at punters who love hearing all the classic excuses from yesteryear, Blokevibes 2018 has been flagged as the premier music festival designed for curators of other music festivals to get together and check out all sorts of awesome []

The post New Music Festival To Celebrate Sounds Of Promoters Explaining Lack Of Female Artists appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

15:21

Anthocyanins from black carrot were found to be effective to control diabetes. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Med Chem. 2018 Feb 28. Epub 2018 Feb 28. PMID: 29493459 Abstract Title:  Anti-diabetic phenolic compounds of black carrot (Daucus carota subspecies sativus var. atrorubens Alef.) inhibit enzymes of glucose metabolism: An in silico and in vitro validation. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Black carrot is known to be effective against Type 2 diabetes. The phenolic compounds present in black carrot are responsible for this property, but limited information was available about the mechanism of action and target enzymes.OBJECTIVE: The present study aims at understanding molecular interactions of phenolic compounds of black carrot with enzymes involved in glucose metabolism in human to identify the potential inhibitor that can be used as candidate drug molecule to control diabetes.METHOD: In vitro assay for inhibition of-amylase, -glucosidase and DPP-IV was carried out using black carrot purified extract and the standard inhibitor acarbose and vildagliptin recpectively. The inhibition activity of selected phenolic compounds was also studied by in silico docking with all these three enzymes for the proper understanding of interactions. Encapsulation of purified black carrot extract was also carried out.RESULTS: In in vitro IC50 value of purified extract was found better than standard inhibitor acarbose for-amylase and -glucosidase, and vildagliptin for DPP-IV. Similarly, docking scores of few anthocyanin molecules were found higher than their respective inhibitors suggesting more effective inhibition. Among anthocyanin molecules of black carrot, cyanidin 3-xylosyl galactoside was found to be potential drug to inhibit these enzymes whereas Dipeptidyl peptidase IV was identified as the best target to control diabetes with anthocyanins of black carrot.CONCLUSION: Anthocyanins from black carrot were found to be effective to control diabetes and very first time we propose that Cyaniding 3-xylosyl galactoside is the best potential molecule for inhibiting enzymes involved in glucose metabolism. The study also shows the encapsulation of anthocyanin compounds using-cyclodextrin.

read more

15:21

12 Huge Red Flags That You Are Just His Backup Plan "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Sometimes we have to really take a step back and rethink our relationships. Is the person we are with, the person we should be with?

Well, to be honest, whether or not we should be with someone is a hard question to answer. It can be swayed by many things and the answer is hard to find for many people. One of the main reasons why you should leave someone is if they are not treating you right. If someone is abusing you or treating you like you arent important to them, in general, you should not stay with them. While this is basically common sense, you would be surprised at the number of people who manage to last years in situations like those.

A recent trend I have noticed happening at an increased rate is people using one another as backup plans. You fall for him and everything is perfect for awhile only to find that you are someone he is placing on the backburner just in case something better comes along. He wants you to stay by his side but he also wants to find the best cake to eat, upsetting isnt it? This happens all too often.

If you are in a backburner relationship you need to get out. Below you will find a list of things that might help you determine if you are in fact in one. There is no sense in being number two to someone you see as number one. You deserve to get what you give and nothing less.

12 Red Flags That You Are Just His Backup Plan:

1. He doesnt answer texts or take calls from you most of the time.

If you are together he is always on his phone, but when you arent its like he forgets he has one altogether. He makes it hard for you to get ahold of him unless he wants to see you and it makes you feel bad. He doesnt want you reaching him regardless of what excuse he makes.

2. He doesnt want to open up.

He tells you minimal things about himself, and it is as if getting to know him is a dead end. He doesnt want you to know much about him because he doesnt plan on sticking around for long.

3. He only wants to see you when sex is involved.

You feel like you are being used for your body because well you are. He only wants to have something to do with you when he wants to get laid. If you never go out and spend time together without being sexual he is only interested in that one thing.

4. You dont get holidays.

He says he doesnt do special holidays because he doesnt want to spend them with you. He isnt going to celebrate your birthday or bring you chocolate on Valentines Day. He is going to treat that day as if any other day and you are not going to feel special. He really doesnt care about what you want.

15:11

10 Things You Should Remember When You Feel Shattered Inside "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

In life, we can feel shattered for a number of reasons. Most of these reasons are reasons of the heart but regardless feeling shattered fucking sucks.

When you are feeling completely broken down you need to remind yourself of the following things. We all feel shattered sometimes and even the most heartbreaking situations are only temporary. There is nothing in this world you cannot handle.

10 Things You Should Always Remind Yourself of When You Are Feeling Shattered:

1. There is always a light in the darkness.

No matter how terrible the situation you are in is, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Things are always capable of getting better. Even if you cannot see it now that light is always going to be there.

2. You will get through this.

Remember that no matter what, you CAN overcome this. Life may through hard things to swallow at us more often than not but you can get through it. You are much stronger than you think you are.

3. Never forget that you matter.

Do not let anything or anyone make you feel like you dont matter. You matter and your feelings matter. You are going to do great things and you will be able to achieve all that you wish to achieve in this world.

4. Nothing is ever forever.

All of these bad moments are temporary. Nothing lasts forever, things will get better. For every down, there is an up; change is inevitable in all situations.

5. Remember pain allows us to grow, learn your lessons.

Do not forget that each time something happens in life you can learn from it. Take the time to learn the lesson put before you. Every time we face something like this it is a chance for us to grow.

6. Do not fight your feelings, accept them and move on from there.

Accept the way you feel and let yourself embrace it for as long as you need to. Ignoring your emotions is only going to make things worse. Do not be afraid to hurt sometimes, get it all out and move forward.

7. Do not forget that you have people you can turn to.

Never forget that your friends and family are there for you. You can turn to them in your times of need in the ways they can do so with you when they are in need. You are meant to help one another through the hard spots.

8. Remember that there are people who are going through worse things than you.

You will NEVER be alone! There are people across the globe facing the same thing you are and some facing worse things. Life is hard for us all, not just for you.

15:05

Why You Are A King And How The Vatican Tricks You To Surrender Your Crown "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Pao Chang, author of EsotericKnowledge.me Guest writer, In5D.com Every man (male or female) was born with natural rights and the power to sovereignly choose to be a king. Sadly, the so-called leaders of mankind lack motivation to support an education system that teaches people how to exercise their natural rights and think, act and []

The post Why You Are A King And How The Vatican Tricks You To Surrender Your Crown appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

15:04

A new glycoprotein SPG-8700 isolated from sweet potato with potential anti-cancer activity against colon cancer. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Nat Prod Res. 2018 Mar 12:1-7. Epub 2018 Mar 12. PMID: 29527942 Abstract Title:  A new glycoprotein SPG-8700 isolated from sweet potato with potential anti-cancer activity against colon cancer. Abstract:  A new small molecule glycoprotein SPG-8700 with potential anti-colorectal cancer activity was firstly separated by tracking of bioactivity from a new sweet potato variety Zhongshu-1. Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry, high-performance liquid chromatography and amino acid analyzer were applied separately to determine the molecular weight and compositions of this glycoprotein. Flow cytometry analysis and western blotting analysis were employed to explore it's mechanism of the anti-colorectal cancer. The molecular weight of glycoprotein was 8703.8D (SPG-8700). Relative sugar and protein contents in SPG-8700 were 73.4 and 26.6%, comprising more than 6 types of sugars (mannose, rhamnose, glucuronic acid, glucose, galactose and arabinose with a proportion of 1:6.9:7.3:1.5:46:21). Further results indicated that SPG-8700 promoted apoptosis in HCT-116 cells through regulating the expression of Bcl-2 and Bax and had no effect on the growth of normal cells.

read more

15:03

Entire Days Plans Scratched As Dad Reaches For His 1997 Edition Of Gregorys Street Directory "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

LEROY PERCIVAL | Music Editor | CONTACT Brisbane: A quick trip with the old man this morning has quickly become anything but, as Terry Devere reached under his seat and pulled out a 1997 edition of his trusty Gregorys Street Directory. Arriving home at 6:45pm, Uma Bridges-Devere explained how the trip with her father to go and check out some carpet samples became an exercise in mindfulness, when []

The post Entire Days Plans Scratched As Dad Reaches For His 1997 Edition Of Gregorys Street Directory appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

15:00

Say No To Reincarnation And Remember Who You Are! "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Stephanie MacDonald, Guest writer, In5D.com How is forgetting helpful to ones growth? How does something horrible happening to you due to misdeeds from a past life teach you anything when you have no memory of what you did? How can you balance the scales when you have no idea whats on the other side? []

The post Say No To Reincarnation And Remember Who You Are! appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

15:00

Australian Dollar and Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

1.00 AUD = 0.00010 BTC
0.00010 BTC = 1.00 AUD
Converter

Bitcoin and United States Dollar "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

0.00010 BTC = 0.80 USD
1.00 USD = 0.00013 BTC
Converter

14:52

Mercury Retrograde March April: Synchronicities and Soul Connections Making Themselves Known "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

For those who may not know several planets are currently retrograde, while we have mentioned others we have not quite gone over Mercury. Mercury will be in retrograde from March 22nd until basically the end of April and is bringing us some interesting energies.

Mercury is retrograding in Aries and this is going to push us to get things done. It is going to make us more likely to venture out of our comfort zones and we will be quite business oriented in the things we do. With that being said, not all of these energies will be related to things of the sort, some of them will have us wondering whether or not we are looking at lust or love in our relationships.

Soul Connections

This is going to be a great time to make new friends and balance out your relationships in the physical world. You are going to be catching up with some old friends and moving onto bigger and better things in life. These energies will be full blast until about April 15th when things begin to die down a bit, but if you use them to your advantage you will notice a great change in your world. Soul connections will be making themselves known. You will figure out who truly belongs in your life during this time one way or another.

The universe doesnt give you what you ask for with your thoughts it gives you what you demand with your actions.
Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Synchronicities

I feel like during the times that Mercury goes retrograde I experience more synchronicities than usual so if you are on your correct life path expect that as well. For me, the repeating numbers I see most often are 11:11 but for you, they could come in a variety. If you are involved in anything serious or conflicting unanswered questions may also soon become answered. Mercury retrograde has a way of resolving conflicts quite well and with minimal damage.

With things slowing down and yet speeding up at the same time these energies are bound to conflict one another on some level but it should not be anything too intense. Really meditate on your life and think things through before you take action. We are currently in the pre-shadow phase and so these energies will begin to make themselves known over the course of the next few days.

Do not be alarmed, nothing bad is going to come from this retrograde. As I have said time and time again the universe never brings us to someth...

14:50

Ives Way Can Sealer "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I just fell into a 50Yo Ives can sealer .
So spoke to seller of parts & ordered updated dies to work with the newer thinner cans .
Trying to find a manual for what Chuck / die and position manual has been a royal pain .
I have every part that they offered , BUT to know the size & hole or spring , from that guidance has not touched me yet ..
this is for the 4 H small engines / or just 4H area. So far Im 120.00 into it , all cleaned from a total disassemble & cleaning (seller flipped &...

Ives Way Can Sealer

14:50

Nigerian Princes $12992000000 Fortune Ends Up Going To Charity After No One Replies To His Emails "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

TRACEY BENDINGER | Social Nuances | Contact Prominent aid charity, the Red Star is today celebrating a once in a life time event. Upon checking their bank accounts this morning, Dayne Tipping, Red Star CFO, thought he was dreaming. The number staring back at him was one so large that he needed to google how to pronounce it. Calling []

The post Nigerian Princes $12992000000 Fortune Ends Up Going To Charity After No One Replies To His Emails appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

14:40

Hiking and taking photos on the alsea river with Marina Hansen "IndyWatch Feed Photography"

Hiking and taking photos on the alsea river with Marina Hansen
http://ift.tt/2ItMBeW

14:29

The results indicated that onion has an inhibitory effect on V. cholerae. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2010 Apr-Jun;22(2):160-3. PMID: 21702293 Abstract Title:  In vitro antibacterial activity of onion (Allium cepa) against clinical isolates of Vibrio cholerae. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Cholera is a major public health problem in developing countries of the world. Bacterial resistance, lack of surveillance data and proper microbiological facilities are major problems regarding diagnosis of cholera. The spread of microbial drug resistance is a global public health challenge that results in increased illness and death rate. Newer antimicrobials or agents are urgently required to overcome this problem. This work was therefore done to investigate the antimicrobial potential of onion against thirty-three clinical isolates of Vibrio cholerae.METHODS: The extract was prepared by reflux extraction method. Antibacterial screening of clinical isolates of V. cholerae was done by agar well diffusion method. Agar dilution method was used to assess the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC).RESULTS: All tested strains of V. cholerae were sensitive to onion (Allium cepa) extracts of two types (purple and yellow). Purple type of extract had MIC range of 19.2-21.6 mg/ml. The extract of yellow type onion had an MIC range of 66-68.4 mg/ml.CONCLUSION: The results indicated that onion (Allium cepa) has an inhibitory effect on V. cholerae. Keeping in view the anti-bacterial activity of this compound can be exploited as a therapeutic agent in an animal model. This finding is a positive point for further investigation of this herb of traditional medicine.

read more

14:25

Asian Altcoin Trading Roundup: Top Cryptocurrency is Bitcoin Cash "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

FOMO Moments

Markets have remained pretty flaccid over the past few days which is admittedly better than falling further. Bitcoin still cannot gain any traction beyond $8,000 where it currently trades. Altcoins have also been floating around the same levels for the last 2-3 days, and there is no sign of any upward movement in any of them. We can only then look at the one with the largest percent gain on the day and that coin is Bitcoin Cash.

Coinmarketcap is reporting a 6.7% rise on BCH during this mornings Asian trading session. From $910 this time yesterday Bitcoin Cash jumped to a daily high of $1,053 before falling back to $970. In terms of BTC it is up 5% trading at 11903000 satoshis up from 11361300 sats yesterday. Over the week BCH has been in decline falling almost 10%, the monthly picture is even worse with a slide of almost 40%.

The renewed interest may have come off the announcement that Japanese firm Mikan will be launching a Bitcoin Cash wallet called Yenom later this month. The mobile wallet will be for Android and iOS, it will allow easier access and usage of BCH according to the press release. The wallet, named after money backwards has been designed to function only with Bitcoin Cash and will increase its adoption in the Japanese market.

Hong Kong exchange OKEx has the majority of the trade volume with almost 25%, followed by HitBTC and Huobi. Over the past 24 hours volume has increased to $480 million and market capacity is around $16.5 billion which puts BCH at a steady fourth in the charts. Like its big brother, BTC, it has a maximum supply of 21 million with 17 million already in circulation.

Other altcoins showing a little growth this morning include Dash, Iota, VeChain, and DigixDAO. Most of the others are still pretty flat as we enter the weekend.

More on Bitcoin Cash can be found here: https://www.bitcoincash.org/

FOMO Moments is a section that takes a daily look at the top 25 altcoins during the Asian trading session and analyses the best performing one, looking for trends and fundamentals.

The post...

14:18

Another groaner "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

An older gentleman was at the doctor for his annual physical. The doctor had ordered a blood panel and some other routine tests but was pleased to tell the old timer that he was in great shape. As he was wrapping things up he asked if the gentleman had any other concerns.

"As a matter of fact I do have something bothering me", he said. "Every morning in the shower I spontaneously break into song. But it's always the same song, 'What's New Pussycat'. Then at night just as I'm about to go to...

Another groaner

14:18

Garlic, white onion, and purple onion exert antidiabetes and antihypertensive properties. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Diet Suppl. 2018 Mar 9:1-14. Epub 2018 Mar 9. PMID: 29522359 Abstract Title:  Inhibitory Effect of Garlic, Purple Onion, and White Onion on Key Enzymes Linked with Type 2 Diabetes and Hypertension. Abstract:  Spices are used in soup preparation in many homes and serve as ingredients in the preparation of several traditional delicacies endowed with natural antioxidants such as polyphenols. The aim of this study is to evaluate the effect of aqueous extract of garlic, white onion, and purple onion on angiotensin-converting enzyme,-amylase, and -glucosidase activity in vitro and determine their antioxidant properties via various antioxidant assays such as OH, Fechelation, and 2, 2'-azino-bis 3-ethylbenzothiazoline-6-sulphonic acid (ABTS) radical-scavenging assays. The results reveal that aqueous extract of garlic, purple onion, and white onion inhibited angiotensin-converting enzyme,-amylase, and -glucosidase in a concentration-dependent manner (0-4 mg/ml). However, purple onion (IC= 0.59 mg/ml) had higher inhibitory effect on angiotensin-converting enzyme than white onion (IC= 0.66 mg/ml) and purple onion (IC= 0.96 mg/ml). Furthermore, white onion had significantly (p

read more

14:16

Coastie Mate Happy To Polish Off The Prawn Heads If Youre Done With Them "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

TRACEY BENDINGER | Social Nuances | Contact The prawn, a delicious crustacean that has captured the palates of millions of Australians for over a thousand summers. Its versatility has allowed the crustacean to transcend social class and even geography, popping up in restaurants and homes all the way from the mid north coast to Betootas affluent city suburb of []

The post Coastie Mate Happy To Polish Off The Prawn Heads If Youre Done With Them appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

14:07

Nibiru & GSM Wreak Havoc With Global Weather, says Dr. Trowbridge "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Three Noreasters in a week, and the potential for a fourth, clearly represent a drastic shift in Earths fragile climate, says Nibiru whistle-blower and former USGS climatologist Dr. Ethan Trowbridge. He attributes climate deviations to two factors: the onset of a grand solar minimum and the nearby presence of a brown dwarf star with multiple orbiting planets.

Meanwhile, the government-controlled National Weather Service and NOAA have tried to allay public fears by blaming unprecedented

atmospheric conditions on North Atlantic Oscillationwhich essentially means a persistent high pressure ridge over Greenland routes arctic air through the northeast corridor.

Dr. Trowbridge refutes that notion, claiming that for nearly a decade the United States government and its satellite agencies, such as the USGS, have conspired to conceal true causes of climate change. Rather than warn the public about Nibiru, the agencies manufacture fictitious tales, blaming climate shift on a combination of human arrogance and ignorance.

The release of greenhouse gas emissions like perfluorocarbons, sulfur hexafluoride, and nitrogen trifluoride provide a fantastic way for them to rationalize climate deviations. Its one of the greatest cover stories ever concoctedand the majority of the world accepts it as fact. The truth, of course, is another story. We are in the midst of a historic event; a grand solar minimum coinciding with the arrival of the Nibiru system. We dont have to wait until Nibiru reaches perigee in a few years to feel its effects. Its happening this very moment. I dont care if people like Paul Beckwith call me a stark raving lunatic. I know the truth. Everyone should know the truth.

During a grand minimum, the sun enters a period of unusually low activity known as solar hibernation. The Marauder Minimum, which occurred between 1645 and 1715, produced a climate shift so drastic, some parts of the globe experienced cooling seven degrees Celsius below average. If this happened today, said Dr. Trowbridge, the agricultural industry...

14:05

Weekly Planetary Astrology Forecast March 13-19, 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

by Hillory Skott, Guest writer, In5D.com We are almost out of the fog.The Moon is new in Pisces this week and Mars moves into Capricorn. Fast moving focus is just around the corner. Take a deep breath, you may be swirling through some mighty depths- getting to the very bottom of things, to the very []

The post Weekly Planetary Astrology Forecast March 13-19, 2018 appeared first on In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database.

14:02

Your Best Non-Swearing Insult "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

[IMG]

my personal favority
I hope your finger pokes thru the toilet paper

13:55

Post-Cable Network Cheddar Launches TV Show Crypto Craze "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Post-Cable Network Cheddar Launches TV Show

On March 15 the post-cable network Cheddar announced it will be broadcasting a thirty-minute show about cryptocurrencies called Crypto Craze. The show will explore investment strategies for digital assets like bitcoin, litecoin, and ethereum.

Also read: South Korea Planning to Formally Allow ICOs

Online Stock Brokerage Firm Sponsors a TV Show Called Crypto Craze

Post-Cable Network Cheddar Launches TV Show The online trading platform that offers custom equities, options and bitcoin futures, Tradestation, has...

13:48

Solo Diner Denies Other Patrons Spare Chair For The Power Trip "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

TRACEY BENDINGER | Social Nuances | Contact Sitting in the prime window seat French Quarters, Cafe de Noumea, Monica Hamilton-Taylor (27), is apparently waiting for her friend to arrive or so she has told the droves of people desperately searching for a chair to add to their table. Monica, who is in fact dining alone, suffers from a []

The post Solo Diner Denies Other Patrons Spare Chair For The Power Trip appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

13:47

The 7 Most Important Things in Life. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Even though its never too late to change our lives, its much better to learn these seven important things in life as young as possible. We all know that when we are young, everything seems easy. We expect agile development with the goals we are striving for.

Those who beat us to success did something that we failed to. Heres the trick, folks. With all the failures behind us, our enthusiasm for new goals and dreams is slowly fading, and we act more from a comfort-zone mode. But if we learn these seven important things in life and put them into action immediately, well transform our lives for good. Well have the clear picture of what were doing and where it will take us.

A successful person is entirely aware of these seven important things in life and behaves according to them.

1. Always be present, here and now, at this moment.

While this is a very tricky statement for most people, lets look deeper. Where are we when we are going to work? Yes, we are on the bus or in our cars, but only physically. But where are we with our minds and thoughts?

We are probably thinking about what todays duties at work are or what happened last night when we had a good time with our friends. And here lies the problem! We forget to live the present. Either we are bringing the past along, or were intrigued by what the future might bring, and we are not living now.

Lets take a deep breath and feel our body, feel our heart, observe our thoughts, and well see what we are missing at this moment: nothing less or more, only the present!

2. Abandon should and shouldnt for good.

This is maybe the hardest of all these seven important things in life. Throw away the expectations of society and of our families, and well see how theyve made us think there are things we should do. For example, we should go to university and get a degree in economics (when instead we love art), or we should be more like our uncle so we can make as much money as he does, and so on.

Before we accept what we should or shouldnt do, ask these questions: From whom are...

13:42

Our Rulers are Not Human. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Just heard a talk by one of the Functional Medicine doctors. Although quite aware of our self-appointed rulers and their shadowy deeds, one thing he said got the penny drop.

Dementia. Why, and how we get it. Here it is...

Mercury bonds with fluoride and aluminium bonds with fluoride. They lodge in a brain, killing some brain cells. In place of destroyed neurons, we get amyloid protein plaque. 

Fluoride- drinking water

Mercury and aluminium- vaccines.

If we ever recover from this slavery, we'd need speedy executions, by law.

13:40

Allicin attenuates lipopolysaccharideinduced acute lung injury. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Mol Med Rep. 2018 Mar 7. Epub 2018 Mar 7. PMID: 29512749 Abstract Title:  Allicin attenuates lipopolysaccharideinduced acute lung injury in neonatal rats via the PI3K/Akt pathway. Abstract:  Allicin is an oxygenated carotenoid derivative that exhibits strong antioxidant activity, which effectively removes reactive oxygen species from the body and has important roles in disease prevention and treatment. Therefore, the present study aimed to investigate whether allicin attenuates lipopolysaccharide (LPS)induced acute lung injury (ALI) in neonatal rats and the potential underlying mechanisms. An LPSinduced ALI neonatal rat model was utilized to assess the therapeutic value and mechanisms of allicin. Following allicin treatment, increases in lung wet/dry ratio and the lung protein concentrationwere significantly suppressed in LPSinduced ALI neonatal rats. Furthermore, ELISA results demonstrated that allicin significantly reduced the levels of malondialdehyde, tumor necrosis factor and interleukin6, and increased superoxide dismutase activity, in the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of LPStreated rats. Additionally, allicin administration increased the protein expression of Bcl2 and reduced the activity of caspase3/-9, as determined by western blotting or ELISA, respectively, and increased phosphatidylinositol 3kinase (PI3K) and phosphorylatedAkt protein levels, in LPStreated ALI neonatal rats. The results of the present study indicate that allicin attenuate LPSinduced ALI in neonatal rats by ameliorating oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis via the PI3K/Akt pathway. Allicin may be used for development of a novel drug for treatment of ALI.

read more

13:39

WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING NOW? (Ongoing Participation Thread) "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

• Link your movie
  • Share your video
  • Link to a YouTube video
  • Write a review, post pictures
-----------------------------------------------------------

What I am watching now:

13:35

Highlights from the 2018 Coursera Partners Conference "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Hundreds of educators, employers, and members from the Coursera team as well as a few students gathered together at Arizona State University for the sixth annual Coursera Partners Conference. Our conference theme Learners First: Beyond the Campus Walls brought us together to work toward a future where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to the worlds best education.

For two days we discussed best practices for creating top quality, in-demand, and affordable online learning experiences while we looked ahead to online educations role in helping learners adapt to a rapidly changing world. We are grateful for all of the partners who have joined us on this journey. We left Arizona full of inspiration, and we hope you did too.

Highlights from day one:

We welcomed Sean Gallagher, founder and Executive Director of Northeastern Universitys Center for the Future of Higher Education and Talent Strategy, and Executive Professor of Educational Policy, to share insights from his recent book, The Future of University Credentials: New Developments at the Intersection of Higher Education and Hiring.

Courseras CEO Jeff Maggioncalda followed with a keynote about how Coursera and its partners are reaching beyond the campus walls to reach learners wherever they are to provide learning experiences that lead to transformational outcomes. In his keynote, Jeff also announced six new degree programs as well as a new MasterTrack Certificate pilot to continue building degrees and credentials for todays learners.

13:33

Using data to power learning: Key insights from the Data Track at the 2018 Coursera Partners Conference "IndyWatch Feed Education"

By: Alexandra Urban, Teaching & Learning Specialist

Last week at Arizona State University, we gathered together with our partners from around the world at the 2018 Coursera Partners Conference. The conference is a rare opportunity to gather together in person and discuss how we can continue to transform lives through learning. As the leader of our Data Track breakout sessions, I was especially excited to connect with our partners on their research, and to discuss how we can collaborate using Courseras newest data tools. Here are the main themes that emerged during our Data Track discussions:

#1 Leveraging Research from Our Community:

One of the best parts of Data Track is hearing about what our inventive partners are doing. Its also exciting to see other partners brainstorm about how they can implement similar strategies back at their home institution. Research insights from one schools MOOCs can be applied more broadly, such as analysis from Joy Lu at the University of Pennsylvania on how encouraging binge learning can lead to learners moving further through courses. In another example, Dmitry Abbakumov from the Higher School of Economics showed us how assessment best practices can ensure effective proficiency measurements.

For partners interested in exploring our Data Exports, Paige Cunningham from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Illinois introduced her guides and code to help organize the data. Overwhelmed by all those rows of data in your spreadsheet? Use Tableau dashboards of Coursera data to benefit from insights developed by Duke Universitys Quentin Ruiz-Esparza. Curious how lots of data points and research can be turned into a quality rubric? Look to Jessica Morris and her team from the University of Pennsylvania for their evaluation of MOOCs for informed iteration.

#2: Accessing New Data in More Places:

At this years conference, we announced Courseras latest efforts to expose data to partners. Our brand new data dashboards include the long-anticipated course progress funnel, which visualizes learner progression and highlights points of ease and challenge in your content.

13:32

The magic of teaching online: Key insights from the Instructor Track at the 2018 Coursera Partner Conference "IndyWatch Feed Education"

By: Talia Kolodny, Partner Community Manager at Coursera

Instructors from across Courseras partner community recently gathered at Courseras sixth annual Partners Conference to discuss the tools, knowledge, and inspiration needed to create high-quality experiences for learners around the world. Below are 5 key takeaways from the Instructor Track sessions.

Lauren Atkins Budde (University of Michigan), Denise Hood (University of Illinois), and Richard Griffiths (Universiteit Leiden) in the first breakout session of Instructor Track

#1: Its all about the learners.

The importance of putting learners at the center was reflected in many of the conference talks and events. Courseras CEO Jeff Maggioncalda addressed his vision of Learners First, focusing on meaningful credentials alongside high-quality content to put learners at the center of the learning experience. William Kuskin from University of Boulder, Colorado said, From MOOCs I learned that it is not about me! Its about the learner! You need to get out of the way and let the learning happen. Truly, there is no better way to understand the learners mindset than to hear it from them directly. Instructors were privileged to experience a lively panel of degree students from the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC) iMBA and MCS-DS programs who shared their experiences on what they gained and what theyd improve for future cohorts.

#2: Learning online can be better than face-to-face

Online classrooms of the future will not only rival but surpass the physical classroom experience. We got a glimpse of that when Larry DeBrock from UIUC shared that when he taught an in-person class of 1,600 students, it was rare for students to speak up or ask questions. In contrast, in his online classes, students regularly share feedback through interactive chats and video conferencing. Teaching online offers a deeper sense of connectivity and community, said Fataneh Taghaboni-Dutta...

13:27

Credentials and the future of education: Key insights from the Administrator Track at the 2018 Coursera Partners Conference "IndyWatch Feed Education"

By: Cathryn Richter, Senior Partnership Manager

The 2018 Coursera Partners Conference convened at Arizona State University last week, and credentialing was top of mind as Coursera announced six new degree programs and the pilot of a new product: the MasterTrack Certificate. Leaders from Courseras partner institutions gathered in the Administrator Track (AT) sessions to discuss the benefits and challenges of taking MOOCs to the next level.

#1 Putting Masters degree learning within reach

After announcing our new pilot of MasterTrack Certificates with the University of Michigan and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, partners packed the Administrator Track room for Co-Creating the Future: Building New Credentials on Coursera. James DeVaney from the University of Michigan shared his motivation to co-build the certificate, and Adam Fein from the University of Illinois shared his teams desire to build on the success of the modular programs they already offer on Coursera. Both discussed the value of a modular sub-degree credential that allows learners to access valuable career skills as they test out the option to enroll in a degree program. We know that learners value opportunities to apply their knowledge with real-world projects, and these programs will allow students to do so before they commit to a degree program. In table discussions, we heard a lot of exciting ideas about ways to develop more modular programs. Multiple attendees highlighted that MasterTrack Certificates open up new opportunities for their institutions.  

13:11

Palmitoylethanolamide restores myelinated-fibre function in patients with chemotherapy-induced painful neuropathy. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2011 Dec ;10(8):916-20. PMID: 22229320 Abstract Title:  Palmitoylethanolamide restores myelinated-fibre function in patients with chemotherapy-induced painful neuropathy. Abstract:  We assessed the effect of palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) on pain and nerve function in patients with chemotherapy-induced painful neuropathy, in 20 patients undergoing thalidomide and bortezomib treatment for multiple myeloma. All patients were evaluated before and after a two-month treatment with PEA 300 mg BID using pain and warmth thresholds; blinded examiners measured motor and sensory nerve fibre function and laser-evoked potentials. Although no variables returned to normal values, pain and all neurophysiological measures assessing A, A, and A fibres significantly improved (P0.50). Although a placebo effect might play a role in the reported pain relief, the changes in neurophysiological measures indicate that PEA exerted a positive action on myelinated fibre groups. PEA, possibly by moderating mast cell hyperactivity, relieved conduction blocks secondary to endoneural edema. In a severe condition such as painful neuropathy associated with multiple myeloma and chemotherapy, a safe substance such as PEA provides significant restoration of nerve function.

read more

13:10

What your Inbox says about your Personality. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Our inboxes might just say a lot about us. If we're slow to respond or entirely unresponsive with our email, we might be the same in person. If our inboxes are filled with junk, our lives might be overflowing with clutter and more obligations than we can handle.

13:00

DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 419 "IndyWatch Feed Craft"

Welcome to DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 419 Every Friday, 7 PM through Wednesday 11 PM Pacific Hi all, happy party weekend! This past week, I got deep and chatted about one of my very first weird projects I was afraid to post about way back. This story ties into a recent magazine feature, that is a []

The post DIY Salvaged Junk Projects 419 appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.

12:59

Former Journalist Recounts Losing $7 Million Trading Crypto "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Former Journalist Recounts Losing $7 Million Trading Crypto

Former journalist, Derek Rose, recently recounted his story of losing over $7 million USD in the cryptocurrency markets. Mr. Rose had invested his life savings into cryptocurrency, using leverage trading to grow his account by 3,500% in a matter of months, before his trading account was liquidated.

Also Read: Peter Thiel Is Long on Bitcoin, a Deeply Contrarian Investment 

Former Journalist Invested Life Savings Into Crypto

Former Journalist Recounts Losing $7 Million Trading CryptoMr. Rose stated his initial hesitation in telling his story in a public forum, stating his expectation that people may think he is an idiot. Mr. Rose concedes that such an assessment may be kinda true, recounting that he igno...

12:51

Palmitoylethanolamide protects against the amyloid-25-35-induced learning and memory impairment. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012 Jun ;37(7):1784-92. Epub 2012 Mar 14. PMID: 22414817 Abstract Title:  Palmitoylethanolamide protects against the amyloid-25-35-induced learning and memory impairment in mice, an experimental model of Alzheimer disease. Abstract:  Alzheimer disease (AD) is the most common form of neurodegenerative dementia. Amyloid- deposition, neurofibrillary tangle formation, and neuro-inflammation are the major pathogenic mechanisms that in concert lead to memory dysfunction and decline of cognition. Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is the naturally occurring lipid amide between palmitic acid and ethanolamine. Despite its clear role in inflammation and pain control, only limited in vitro evidence exist about a role for PEA in neurodegenerative diseases. Here we describe the neuroprotective activities of PEA in mice injected intracerebroventricularly with amyloid- 25-35 (Ab25-35) peptide (9nmol). We used spatial andnon-spatial memory tasks to evaluate learning and memory dysfunctions. Ab25-35 injection significantly impaired spontaneous alternation performances, water maze spatial reference and working-like memory, and novel object recognition test. PEA was administered once a day (3-30mg/kg, subcutaneously), starting 3h after Ab25-35, for 1 or 2 weeks. PEA reduced (10mg/kg) or prevented (30mg/kg) behavioral impairments induced by Ab25-35 injection. PEA failed to rescue memory deficits induced by Ab25-35 injection in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor- (PPAR-) null mice. GW7647 (2-(4-(2-(1-cyclohexanebutyl)-3-cyclohexylureido)ethyl)phenylthio)-2-methylpropionic acid; 5mg/kg per day), a synthetic PPAR- agonist, mimicked the effect of PEA. Acute treatment with PEA was ineffective. According with the neuroprotective profile of PEA observed during behavioral studies, experimental molecular and biochemical markers induced by Ab25-35 injection, such as lipid peroxidation, protein nytrosylation, inducible nitric oxide synthase induction, and caspase3 activation, were reduced by PEA treatment. These data disclose novel findings about the therapeutic potential of PEA, unrevealing a previously unknown therapeutic possibility to treat memory deficits associated with AD.

read more

12:44

After Hillary Humiliates Herself In India, Melania Got Silent Revenge With What She Did. "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Top Stories Today YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Top Stories Today After Hillary Humiliates Herself In India, Melania Got Silent Revenge With What She Did. Read More/ Source/ Credit(FAIR USE): https://goo.gl/qw7vGN Please Donate

12:44

Stoner Landscaper Has Too Much Respect For The Game To Turn Hoselink Hose Into Bong "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

LOUIS BURKE | Culture | Contact Dustin Dusty Russo (32) doesnt mind winding down after a long day landscaping with a cheeky cone before the homeowners return but today decided against helping himself to four inches of their garden hose, upon discovering it was a patented Hoselink system. Not adverse to making a bong using []

The post Stoner Landscaper Has Too Much Respect For The Game To Turn Hoselink Hose Into Bong appeared first on The Betoota Advocate.

12:43

Rice Puts You At a Higher Risk For Diabetes Than Sugary Drinks, According to a Recent Study "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that approximately 9.4% of the American population had diabetes as of 2015, both diagnosed and undiagnosed. This disease occurs when the body is either unable to produce the insulin required to regulate your bodys blood sugar levels, or the production is insufficient.

High blood sugar levels have been associated with heart disease and stroke, nerve damage, kidney disease, dental problems, damage to your vision and more.

While there are some cases of diabetes that cannot be prevented, such as those linked with the genetic influence of a family history, experts have identified a number of risk factors that, when addressed, can help to decrease your chances of developing the disease. These include being overweight, physical inactivity and dietary choices.

Source: GutundTasty | Pixabay

Weve all heard the warning at one time or another in our lives Avoid eating too much sugar or you will develop diabetes. While there is some truth to this claim, sugary foods arent the only items that we should be paying attention to. An often overlooked offender, carbohydrates are broken down into sugars such as fructose and glucose during the digestion process.

Not only do experts warn about the excessive consumption of carbohydrates, a study out of Harvard reveals that simple white rice may actually be one of the most dangerous foods in regard to your risk for developing diabetes.

The researchers analyzed data from over 350,000 participants across four different countries: The United States, Australia, China, and Japan. The data followed the participants for anywhere from 2 to 22 years, tracking both their food intake as well as their overall health and well-being. They revealed that those participants that ate a diet high in white rice had a 27% higher risk of developing diabetes.

12:40

Effects of palmitoylethanolamide on intestinal injury and inflammation caused by ischemia-reperfusion in mice. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Leukoc Biol. 2012 Jun ;91(6):911-20. Epub 2012 Apr 2. PMID: 22469754 Abstract Title:  Effects of palmitoylethanolamide on intestinal injury and inflammation caused by ischemia-reperfusion in mice. Abstract:  Our primary aim in this study was to test the hypothesis that PEA, a member of the fatty acid ethanolamide family and an endogenous PPAR- ligand, exerts anti-inflammatory effects on SAO shock, causing a severe form of circulatory shock and enhanced formation of ROS. SAO shock was induced by clamping the superior mesenteric artery and the celiac trunk, resulting in a total occlusion of these arteries for 30 min. After this period ofocclusion, the clamps were removed. In this study, we demonstrated that the administration of PEA, 5 min before reperfusion, significantly reduced all of the parameters involved during inflammation, such as proinflammatory cytokine production (TNF-, IL-1), adhesion molecules (ICAM-1, P-selectin) expression, NF-B expression, and apoptosis (Bax, Bcl-2, TUNEL assay) activation. In addition, to study whether the protective action of PEA on SAO shock is also related to the activation of PPAR-, we have investigated the effect of PEA in PPAR- KO mice subjected to SAO shock. Our study clearly demonstrates that PEA significantly attenuated the degree of intestinal injury and inflammation caused by I/R injury. Moreover, the positive effects of PEA were at least in part dependent on the PPAR- pathway. The results clearly indicate that PEA exerts an anti-inflammatory effect, also in a SAO shock model, which could imply a future use of PEA in the treatment of I/R shock.

read more

12:32

What Does it Mean to be a Christian? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Religion representatives set. Religious culture.

By Brian Shilhavy

The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. (Acts 11:26)

The name Christian carries a wide range of meaning and understanding today, as it has throughout history.

It is obviously related to Christ, which is from the Greek translation of the Hebrew word for Messiah, and refers to the person of Jesus Christ. A general definition of Christian then would be someone who follows the teachings or doctrine of Jesus Christ.

The teachings of Jesus Christ are contained in the Bible, but how they are understood and what kind of people should bear the name Christian is highly debatable, and by no means universally accepted or understood.

It is interesting to note that the followers of Jesus during his lifetime on earth and shortly after did not refer to themselves as Christians. In the New Testament writings of the Bible, those who followed Jesus and his teaching referred to themselves as disciples, believers, brethren, and other similar terms.

When they were gathered together in one place they referred to themselves as the church (which in the original New Testament language is probably better translated assembly) which has a very different meaning in the way it was used in the Bible than it does in contemporary culture.

It meant a gathering or assembly of people for a specific purpose. The word was used not only in a religious sense, but also in a secular sense such as in Acts 19:39 where the word is translated as a legal assembly in relation to the Roman government.

The focus is on the people and their gathering together, not on the place or building they gathered in, or...

12:27

US Congress Includes Crypto In Its Joint Economic Report For The First Time "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The 2018 Joint Economic Report from the US Congress contains recommendations for agencies to boost efficiency and security with the Blockchain. #NEWS

12:25

Congregants Upset Over Crucified Stormtrooper at Churchs Stations of the Cross Exhibit "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Congregants Upset Over Crucified Stormtrooper at Churchs Stations of the Cross Exhibit

Several congregants at a historic church in London were offended by a Star Wars Stormtrooper crucifixion that was being displayed as part of a Stations of the Cross exhibit that opened to the public Thursday.  The controversial work, called the Stormtrooper Crucifixion, was removed from its prominent placement in the exhibit at St. Stehphen Walbrook and placed in the back of the church after parishioners felt that the work was offensive.

The Telegraph reports that the exhibition is a fundraiser to support the Missing Tom Fund, which is dedicated to searching for a man named Tom Moore who has been missing since 2003. The display, created by street artist Ryan Callanan, features a full-size model Imperial Stormtrooper (an antagonist soldier from the Star Wars series) tied-up on a large wooden cross with his arms spread along the crossbar and his feet tied together.  READ MORE

12:22

These data suggest that palmitoylethanolamide is effective in treating temporomandibular joint inflammatory pain. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  J Orofac Pain. 2012 ;26(2):99-104. PMID: 22558609 Abstract Title:  Palmitoylethanolamide versus a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug in the treatment of temporomandibular joint inflammatory pain. Abstract:  AIMS: To carry out a randomized clinical trial to compare the effect of palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) versus ibuprofen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), for pain relief in temporomandibular joint (TMJ) osteoarthritis or arthralgia. PEA acts as an endogenous agent with an autacoid local inflammation antagonism and modulates mast cell behavior controlling both acute and chronic inflammation.METHODS: A triple-blind randomized clinical trial was conducted on 24 patients (16 women and 8 men) aged 24 to 54 years and suffering from TMJ osteoarthritis or arthralgia. The patients were enrolled from a group of 120 consecutive patients referred to the University of Bologna's Department of Orthodontics. Patients were randomly divided into two groups: group A (12 subjects) received PEA 300 mg in the morning and 600 mg in the evening for 7 days and then 300 mg twice a day for 7 more days. Group B (12 subjects) received ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day for 2 weeks. Every patient recorded the intensity of spontaneous pain on a visual analog scale twice a day. Maximum mouth opening was recorded by a blind operator during the first visit and again after the 14th day of drug treatment. A t test was used for data comparisons.RESULTS: Pain decrease after 2 weeks of treatment was significantly higher in group A than in group B (P = .0001); maximum mouth opening improved more in group A than in group B (P = .022).CONCLUSION: These data suggest that PEA is effective in treating TMJ inflammatory pain.

read more

12:13

Artificial Intelligence and Games (Yannakakis) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Artificial Intelligence and Games (2018), by Georgios N. Yannakakis and Julian Togelius (PDF with commentary at gameaibook.org)

The Triangle of Mu Phi Epsilon (Mu Phi Epsilon) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Triangle of Mu Phi Epsilon, by Mu Phi Epsilon (partial serial archives)

University of Buffalo Studies "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

University of Buffalo Studies (partial serial archives)

Journal of New Librarianship "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Journal of New Librarianship (2016-) (full serial archives)

To Venus in Five Seconds (Jane) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

To Venus in Five Seconds: Being an Account of the Strange Disappearance of Thomas Plummer, Pill-Maker (London: A. D. Innes and Co., 1897), by Fred T. Jane (stable link)

Fellowship (Gilmore) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Fellowship: The Biography of a Man and a Business (Boston: The Stratford Co., c1929), by Albert Field Gilmore (page images at HathiTrust)

45 Years in Wall Street (Gann) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

45 Years in Wall Street: A Review of the 1937 Panic and 1942 Panic, 1946 Bull Market, With New Time Rules and Percentage Rules with Charts for Determining the Trend on Stocks (Miami: W. D. Gann, c1949), by William D. Gann (page images at HathiTrust; US access only)

IFLA Journal "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

IFLA Journal (issues online 1998-) (partial serial archives)

A Jewish Kapo in Auschwitz (Friling) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

A Jewish Kapo in Auschwitz: History, Memory, and the Politics of Survival (Waltham, MA: Brandeis University Press, c2014), by Tuvia Friling, trans. by Haim Watzman (multiple formats at Brandeis)

Das Grne Gesicht (Meyrink) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Das Grne Gesicht: Ein Roman ("Gessamelte Werke" v2, in German; Leipzig: K. Wolff, c1916), by Gustav Meyrink (multiple formats at archive.org)

The Substance of Two Speeches, Delivered in the Senate of the United States, on the Subject of the Missouri Bill (King) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Substance of Two Speeches, Delivered in the Senate of the United States, on the Subject of the Missouri Bill (Philadelphia: Clark and Raser, printers, 1819), by Rufus King (multiple formats at archive.org)

Oeuvres de Arthur Rimbaud, Vers et Proses (Rimbaud) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Oeuvres de Arthur Rimbaud, Vers et Proses (Paris: Mercure de France, ca. 1912), by Arthur Rimbaud, ed. by Paterne Berrichon, contrib. by Paul Claudel (stable link)

12:01

Bubble, Goat, Chicken McNuggets: Bitcoin - As Seen On TV "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Popular TV shows may do Bitcoin and Blockchain a disservice with their skeptical views, but make the crypto community laugh. #PANORAMA

12:00

Presidential Candidate Adam Kokesh Launches Crypto-Fueled Book Bomb "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Presidential Candidate Adam Kokesh Launches Crypto-Fueled 'Book Bomb'

The American libertarian and anti-war political activist, Adam Kokesh, is running for the 59th quadrennial U.S. presidential election in 2020. Kokesh says his platform is simple, because as soon as he is elected, he plans to sign one executive order to dissolve the entire federal government. In order to spread his message, Kokesh is raising money to deliver a copy of his 2014 book Freedom! in every single residential mailbox in New Orleans right before the Libertarian National Convention.

Also Read: Coinbase Launches Cryptocurrency Trading Tax Calculator

The Book Bomb: Dissolving the Federal Government in a Peaceful, Orderly Manner

Adam Kokesh is running for president of the United States during the 2020 election cycle. In contrast to the variety of bureaucrats running for office who plan to make government bigger, Kokesh intends to end the federal government in its entirety. His platform is a mix between Dr. Ron Paul and Vermin Supreme, two candidates who ran for president during multiple elections. In order to get his message out, Kokesh plans to raise funds ($143,000 USD) to print and deliver copies of his book Freedom! to every mailbox in the New Orleans region. Kokesh says he hopes to deliver roughly 205,000 copies just before the Libertarian Partys National Convention. The promotion called ...

11:51

US: SEC Official Confirms Dozens of Cryptocurrency Probes "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The SEC has confirmed that it is working on 12 probes into crypto business. #NEWS

11:50

Withania somnifera root extract induces apoptosis in murine melanoma cells. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Pharmacogn Mag. 2018 Jan ;13(Suppl 4):S801-S806. Epub 2018 Jan 31. PMID: 29491636 Abstract Title:  Viwithan, a StandardizedRoot Extract Induces Apoptosis in Murine Melanoma Cells. Abstract:  Background: is an Indian medicinal herb known for the multipotential ability to cure various therapeutic ailments as described in the ayurvedic system of medicine.Objective: In the present study, we have evaluated the antiproliferative activity of a standardizedroot extract (Viwithan) against different human and murine cancer cell lines.Materials and Methods: The cytotoxicity of Viwithan was determined using thiazolyl blue tetrazolium blue assay and crystal violet staining. The apoptotic changes in B16F1 cells following treatment with Viwithan were observed by acridine orange/ethidium bromide (AO/EB) staining and DNA fragmentation assay. The binding affinity of withanolides in Viwithan with antiapoptotic proteins B-cell lymphoma 2, B-cell lymphoma-extra large, and myeloid cell leukemia 1 (MCL-1) were studied usingapproach.Results: The half maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) values of Viwithan against liver hepatocellular carcinoma, Henrietta Lacks cervical carcinoma cells, human colorectal carcinoma cell line, and Ehrlich ascites carcinoma cells were 1830, 968, 2715, and 633g/ml, respectively. Interestingly, Viwithan was highly effective against B16F1 cells with an IC50 value of 220 g/ml after 24 h treatment. The morphological alterations of apoptotic cell death were clearly observed in the AO/EB-stained cells after treatment with Viwithan. Viwithan induced late apoptotic changes in treated B16F1 cells as evident by the ladder formation of fragmented DNA in a time-dependent manner. The findings of molecular docking showed that withanolides present in Viwithan have a more binding affinity with the antiapoptotic proteins, particularly MCL-1.Conclusion: We have reported for the first time that Viwithan with 5% withanolides has a potent cytotoxic effect, particularly against B16F1 murine melanoma cells among the different cancer cell lines tested.SUMMARY: The present study reports for the first time that Viwithan, a standardized 5%root extract, has potent cytotoxicity against B16F1 murine melanoma cellsWe have investigated thecytotoxicity of Viwithan in different human and murine cancer cells. Interestingly, we found that Viwithan was particularly very effective against B16F1 melanoma cells with a half maximal inhibitory concentration value of 220g/mlThe microscopic observations following acridine orange/ethidium bromide staining and DNA fragmentation assays clearly indicated that Viwithan might initiate late apoptosis in B16F1 cellsThe binding affinity of withanolides in Viwithan with antiapoptotic proteins of B-cell lymphoma 2 family waspredicted using AutoDock tool. The results fromst...

11:50

Teenage Sons and Father build entire Earthbag House for $7,000 "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Teenage sons and father give a detailed breakdown of their $7000 Earthbag House build. Great project. Highly recommended for every natural builder to watch due to number of good ideas, low cost and family cooperation.

YouTube

The post Teenage Sons and Father build entire Earthbag House for $7,000 appeared first on Natural Building Blog.

11:48

Dont be Afraid to Care. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

There seems to be a pervasive fear of earnestness. Portlandia, which Ive covered for years with some enjoyment (some of its brilliant, some of its just weird)is built on making fun of earnestness. Of trying to do the right thing (chicken, anyone?). And thats healthy. We should make fun of ourselves. But we shouldnt let our []

11:43

Breaking: 100 Days Of Rage West Bank Riots Over Trump Jerusalem Decision "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Paul Begley YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

https://give.church/pm8b78m/give 100 Days Of Rage Riots in the West Bank in Israel breaks out http://www.paulbegleyprophecy.com also Protect Your Money With Gold Click Here- https://goo.gl/kx

11:35

The Ethics Of Cryptojacking: Rampant Malware Or Ad-Free Internet? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cryptojacking normally a foe, but sometimes your friend. CT delves into the questionable ethics behind the takeover of your computers processing power to mine crypto. #IN_DEPTH

11:33

Probiotics play an effective role in improving memory deficit and the pathological mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease by modifying microbiota. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2018 Feb 20. Epub 2018 Feb 20. PMID: 29462572 Abstract Title:  Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium Ameliorate Memory and Learning Deficits and oxidative stress in A (1-42) Injected Rats. Abstract:  Gastrointestinal microbiota and its organisms are related to the brain and affect brain functioning including memory and learning. In this study we hence investigated the effects of probiotics on memory and oxidative stress biomarkers in an experimental model of Alzheimer's disease. Sixty rats were randomly divided into 5 groups: Controls (C), control-probiotics (CP) that received probiotics for 8 weeks, sham operation (S) that had intra hippocampal PBS injection, Alzheimer (A) that had the A 1-42 intra-hippocampal injection and the Alzheimer-probiotics (AP) group, which in addition to being injected A 1-42, received 2g (1010CFU) probiotics (L.acidophilus, L.fermentum, B.lactis, B.longum) for 8 weeks. Memory and learning were measured using the Morris water maze and oxidative stress biomarkers in the hippocampus, using ELISA kits. Morris water maze results indicated that using probiotics, in the Alzheimer-probiotics group, significantly improved spatial memory including scape latency, traveled distance and time spent in target quadrant. There was also improvement in oxidative stress biomarkers such as increased malondialdehyde levels and superoxide dismutase activity following the -amyloid injection. Overall, it seems that probiotics play an effective role in improving memory deficit and the pathological mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease by modifyingmicrobiota.

read more

11:28

BREAKING: Disturbing Dem Urgently Arrested At White House Wont EVER See Him Again! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Top Stories Today YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Top Stories Today BREAKING: Disturbing Dem Urgently Arrested At White House Wont EVER See Him Again! Read More/ Source/ Credit(FAIR USE): https://goo.gl/4sZ2Yy Please Donate

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog