IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Friday, 18 May

03:40

Alec Baldwins Lambo Movie Backed by Crypto Tech "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Alec Baldwins Lambo Movie Backed by Crypto Tech

This year it appears crypto is ready for its close up. Hollywood has come knocking in significant ways. Alec Baldwin (The Boss Baby, SNL, Mission Impossible), Antonio Banderas (Shrek, Zorro, Spy Kids), and Oscar-winning filmmaker Bobby Moresco (Crash, Million Dollar Baby) are presently filming Lamborghini. Its a biographical movie about Ferruccio Lamborghini, namesake behind the ecosystems favorite icon for crypto wealth. Fittingly, its also co-produced by Tatatu, a social entertainment company run on blockchain tech.

Also read: Vers Sci-Fi Novel Life, Voorhees Buys Tuckers Tie for $27k

Alec Baldwins New Lambo Movie Is Fittingly Crypto Backed

Hollywood heavy producer Andrea Iervolino explained, Social networks and entertainment platforms are making huge profits by gathering data from their users and selling it to other corporations without rewarding their users. There is a need for a platform that provides higher levels of transparency to their users, brands, and rights holders about the revenues generated and monetization of users. Audiences need free, legal and quality content with a simple user experience.

03:25

Streamr Launches Real-Time Data Marketplace, Partners With Nokia and OSIsoft "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Streamr Launches Real-Time Data Marketplace, Partners With Nokia and OSIsoft

Streamr, the blockchain-based data platform based in Zug, Switzerland, launched their real-time data Marketplace on May 16, 2018, during a presentation at Consensus 2018. This was followed by an announcement of partnerships with Nokia and OSIsoft.

The Streamr Marketplace connects data producers and consumers through a web-based application where data consumers can pay for access to real-time data streams listed by data providers. For example, a recent partnership between Streamr and Hewlett Packard Enterprise will allow vehicle data to be monetized in real-time. Vehicles generate data that is usable to third parties it might be used to gauge traffic through a geographic region, or to fine-tune traffic signals, or to schedule road work, etc. Rather than just giving that data away for free, vehicle owners can make use of the Streamr Marketplace to monetize and trade that data.

The use of the Streamr cryptographic token, DATA, will make it possible for data streams around the world to be freely tradable. The terms of use, pricing schedules and more are currently coded in Ethereum smart contracts, though Streamr has plans to support additional networks. The Streamr platform does not charge a transaction fee, but external fees from the blockchain network being used may apply. People acting as nodes on the network for Streamr will earn DATA as a reward for supporting the Marketplace and making it possible to make data a freely traded commodity around the world.

Streamrs agreement with Nokia a multinational telecommunications, information technology and consumer electronics provider will focus on developing the next generation of mobile base stations and allow Nokia customers to monetize their data through a range of IoT sensors and devices. The integration of Nokias Kuha transportable base stations into the Streamr Marketplace will allow users of the base stations to buy and sell data worldwide.

Martti Ylikoski, radio system evolution lead at Nokia, commented, Providing smart mobile coverage for up to four billion individuals across the world is a major challenge and current solutions dont go far enough.

Ylikoski noted that there has been a growing movement of empowered mobile customers who want to control and monetize their own data. ...

03:24

Where is My Book? "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Im back!  What does this mean?  This means that my Little Bro is having fun on his vacation and not checking social media!  Woo Hoo! I am so proud of him!  (Lets still keep this on the down low)img_3369

I would never want Jay worrying about anything that might be happening here at home. We all know that after writing his second novel, Father Figure, he deserves a break!

Speaking of Father Figure  I admit, I have read it twice!  This morning, I was sitting at my desk, and I noticed it was missing! Where is my book?!  Then, I heard a shuffle behind me MURPHY!!!

03:23

Learn ReasonML by building Tic Tac Toe in React "IndyWatch Feed Education"

You may have heard of Reason before. Its a syntax on top of OCaml that compiles to both readable JavaScript code and to native and bytecode as well.

This means you could potentially write a single application using Reason syntax, and be able to run it in the browser, and on Android and iOS phones as well.

This is one of the reasons why Reason (ouch, pun) is becoming increasingly popular. This is especially true in the JavaScript community because of the syntax similarities.

If you were a JavaScript developer before Reason came out and wanted to learn a functional programming (FP) language, you would have had to also learn a whole new syntax and set of rules. This mightve discouraged many people.

With Reason, you mainly need to understand the FP principles on which its basedsuch as immutability, currying, composition, and higher-order-functions.

Before I discovered Reason, I was trying to use FP principles in JavaScript as much as I could. However, JavaScript is limited in this sense, since its not meant to be an FP language. To take advantage of these principles effectively, you need to use a bunch of libraries that create complicated abstractions which are hidden from you.

Reason, on the other hand, opens the entire FP realm to all interested JavaScript developers. It provides us with an opportunity to use all those cool OCaml features using syntax we dearly know.

Last but not least, we can write our React or React Native apps using Reason.

Why should you give Reason a try?

I hope youll discover the answer for yourself by the time youve finished reading this post.

As we go through the source code of the classic Tic Tac Toe gamewritten in Reason, using ReactIll explain the core features of the language. Youll see the benefits of the strong type system, immutability, pattern matching, functional composition using pipe, and so on. Unlike JavaScript, these features are intrinsic to Reason itself.

Warming up

Before getting your hands dirty, you need to install Reason on your machine following this guide.

After that, you need to setup your app. To do this, you can either clone my repository containing the code of our app or you can setu...

03:21

what to do with the corpse "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

A point many do not (or like to) think about is how to get the deceased out of the shelter.
Many shelters have small entries,and the last thing you want is that the (body)bag rips !
You do have body bags don't you ? It also a eye opener of how YOU get in your shelter if your wounded ! or broken arm/leg . We humans have a tendency to forget to think on possible problems ,without becoming a doom thinker is it good the sit and think about possible problems.
just my 2cts

03:20

Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield EZ Pistol: Best Handgun For A Lot Of People? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Mrgunsngear Channel YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

I do some shooting with the pistol, let a woman and a kid shoot the handgun, discuss the features of it, who it may be good for, and what I think of it overall.

If youre looking for a specific link to a product in the video please message me at Facebook.com/Mrgunsngear

www.Mrgunsngear.com

Forged From Freedom Shirts (including Full Semi shirt):
https://goo.gl/QsLoK8

1776 United shirts: (use code 1776Mrgunsngear for 10% off):
http://bit.ly/2rCn5PW

www.facebook.com/mrgunsngear

Mrgunsngear patches/stickers: https://patriotpatch.co/collections/mrgunsngear

https://www.amazon.com/shop/mrgunsngear

www.Instagram.com/Mrgunsngear

www.twitter.com/mrgunsngear

Music by Machinima & Epidemic Sound

Disclaimer: These videos are strictly for educational and entertainment purposes only. Imitation or the use of anything demonstrated in my videos is done AT YOUR OWN RISK. All work on firearms should be carried out by a licensed individual and all state and federal rules apply to such.  We (including YouTube) will not be held liable for any injury to yourself or damage to your firearms resulting from attempting anything shown in any our videos. I do not endorse any specific product and this video is not an attempt  to sell you a good or service. I am not a gun shop and DO NOT sell or deal in Firearms. Such a practice is heavily regulated and subject to applicable laws. I DO NOT sell parts, magazines, or firearms. These videos are free to watch and if anyone attempts to charge for this video notify us immediately. By viewing or flagging this video you are acknowledging the above.

Fair Use: In the rare instance I include someone elses footage it is covered in Fair Use for Documentary and Educational purposes with intention of driving commentary and allowing freedom of speech.

03:17

Fred Wilson Explains Why Warren Buffett Doesnt Get Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Fred Wilson on Warren Buffet at Consensus

Yesterday, May 16, 2018, well-known venture capitalists Fred Wilson and Balaji Srinivasan, the latter of which is now the CTO at Coinbase, had a chat with Wall Street Journal reporter Paul Vigna on the mainstage of Consensus 2018. During the discussion, Srinivasan and Wilson were asked for their opinions on recent comments made by Warren Buffett, Nouriel Roubini and other notable bitcoin skeptics who have been quoted in the media recently.

In their responses, the pair of tech investors (but mostly Wilson) pointed out the differences between Buffetts approach to investing and how the crypto asset market works. It is these fundamental differences between crypto assets and traditional stocks that may explain why the Oracle of Omaha has a general distaste for bitcoin.

For those who missed it, Buffett recently referred to bitcoin as rat poison squared at Berkshire Hathaways 2018 annual shareholder meeting.

The Right Way to Look at Crypto Assets

One of the key counterarguments to Buffetts assessment of bitcoin made during the chat at Consensus 2018 was articulated by Wilson right after the topic was first brought up by Vigna.

Calling it rat poison, to me, suggests that they havent taken the time to really understand whats going on here, said Wilson. If all you think of it as is some new asset class and some new thing that you can trade, then I think youll come to that conclusion. But if you really understand that this is a fundamental innovation in foundational technology for the internet that provides a bunch of new functionality that didnt exist before this, then what I see it as is like the LAMP stack or something. This is an entirely new stack that were going to get to build new applications on top of, and the tokens are just the fuel that lights up that stack.

The LAMP stack referenced by Wilson is an open-source platform and set of tools (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Python or some other scripting language) that has been used to build dynamic websites and applications during the Web 2.0 phase of the internet. Some view blockchain technology, of which bitcoin was the first implementation, as a key component of a new, decentralized internet, which has been dubbed Web 3.0.

This Is Very Different From Buffetts World

Wilson would later add that his work in venture capital is quite different from Warren Buffetts approach to the investment world. While Buffett sea...

03:11

Old Guy, new Monkey "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Howdy all,
Looks like a great place to learn a little more. Not new to preparedness, has become more of a lifestyle. Slowly working towards off grid, independence and retirement.

03:07

New Compost Bin "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Had some leftover concrete from driveway pours last year, so I poured a 14' x 26' in a bunch of different pours, this spring, I got 8" block laid along the back wall, (48" high) and divided the whole thing into 3 different bins as I went. Now have two of them nearly full of cow manure/hay from our barn, chicken manure/wood shavings from our laying house, and a tandem load of horse manure/sawdust from a local horse barn. Piles are heating nicely and should make dandy compost in a few...

New Compost Bin

03:00

Poetry Rx: You All Have Lied "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

In our column Poetry Rx, readers write in with a specific emotion and our resident poetsSarah Kay, Kaveh Akbar, and Claire Schwartztake turns prescribing the perfect poems to match. This week, Claire Schwartz is on the line.

Original illustration by Ellis Rosen.

Dear Poets, 

I feel like Im living in a world of decay right now. My mother and both of her brothers are dying of Huntingtons disease, which slowly kills your mind and body over a decade or so (think ALS + Parkinsons + Alzheimers + extra mood/psychological challenges). My other mother has cognitive challenges that are making it hard for her to manage their care, and she seems to be worsening. As a twenty-six-year-old, I certainly am capable of taking on responsibility, but I often find myself feeling like a scared, lost child.

Ive moved back home to New Orleans to help, but I struggle to find anything like optimism or contentment. My city is also in a state of cultural and physical decayits being taken over by those who seek to exploit my fellow native New Orleanians. These things (and of course the state of the world) weigh on me daily. 

Hoping you might have a poem to bring a little solace,
Seeking Hope

Dear Seeking Hope,

When someone shares their experience of loss, I often think of Lisel Muellers poem, When I Am Asked. The speaker laments the persistence of natural beauty in the face of her mothers death.

Nothing was black or broken
and not a leaf fell
and the sun blared endless commercials
for summer holidays.

Searching not for an erasure of her loss, but for company in her grief, the speaker turns to poems:

[I] placed my grief
in the mouth of language,
the only thing that would grieve with me.

Sometimes, we need to dwell with th...

02:47

How to create a progressive web app featuring Angular and headless CMS "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Have you ever wondered how a headless Content Management System fits in with Progressive Web Apps?

I recently read my colleague Bryans story about Progressive Web Apps. The article talks about the implementation of a Progressive Web App (PWA) that lists interesting places stored in the headless CMS.

You could install this app on your device. It uses a service worker to cache the application and data about the points of interest. The application was written in plain JavaScript.

Having written a good share of JavaScript code, I wanted to expand on the concept using more complex frameworks.

I narrowed my choices down to three big playersReact, Vue, and Angular. I chose to use Angular, because it has already support for service workers, and I wanted to use TypeScript.

Each step of this tutorial will be accompanied by a link to a GitHub commit. This way, youll always be able to see what the code looks like.

To run the app, just download or clone the commit and run npm install and ng serve -o. The whole code is stored in one of the branches.

Lets get to it!

Prerequisites

• node.js v8+
  • Angular CLI v.1.7.4 installed as a global dependency via the npm package manager: npm install -g @angular/cli

Getting started

First of all, generate a new project. You can easily generate all boilerplate code using the awesome Angular CLI tools. Just navigate to a folder and generate a ready-to-run code:

ng new cloud-sample-angular-pwa-aps

Boilerplate configuration

Configured boilerplate commit

There are a few steps to configure the boilerplate.

The generated code uses plain CSS by default. But, you might want to make your life easier with SCSS. To achieve this, perform these steps:

1. Set defaults.styleExt value from cssto scssin the/.angular-cli.jsonconfiguration file...

02:43

Glyphosate Should Be Banned By EPA And The LawIts A Hormone Disruptor "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Catherine J. Frompovich

More and more information is surfacing, almost daily, about adverse health effects regarding herbicides, pesticides and agricultural chemicals, specifically glyphosate, the prime active in Monsantos Roundup.

What consumers need to know is that most crops now are staged several days prior to harvest with glyphosate to have uniformly desiccated crop yields! The most commonly staged field crops are: Wheat, Feed Barley, Tame Oats, Canola, Flax, Peas, Lentils, Soybeans and Dry Beans.

Glyphosate residues also have been found in off the store shelf brands in foods purchased from supermarkets.

Shouldnt feeding poisonous herbicides to humanschildren, in particularbe considered a crime?

Where are the #MeToo political action groups at federal and...

02:42

TRUMP SAYS OBAMA FBl SPYING BIGGER THAN WATERGATE "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the James Munder YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-17/trump-slams-obama-fbi-spying-report-bigger-watergate

Support Real:
https://www.paypal.me/jamesmunder
https://www.patreon/JamesMunder

Handles:
GAB @1munder
TWITTER @1munder
DISCORD jamesmunder
STEEMIT @jamesmunder
BITCOIN ADDRESS:    1LHt3dfgr6s8RjihkDy89botGDGDk1ZMTG

I OPENED UP THESE ACCOUNTS BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO DO PATREON, SO I GOT A BITCOIN WALLET & PAYPAL WALLET BECAUSE OF THE DEMONITIZATION AYPOCALYPSE. Thank You For Supportting Real People like me

The Link Below Will Help You To Support JAMES MUNDER & THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION:

Link https://www.patreon/JamesMunder Link

BACKUP CHANNEL THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION. MAKE SURE SUBSCRIBE. Thank you God Bless You

DONT YOU JUST LOVE MY SUPER AWESOME CHANNEL? THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET YOU CAN SEE MY MASTERPIECES OF D...

02:42

Which Bottled Water Brands Contain the Most Plastic in Their Water? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Which Bottled Water Brands Contain the Most Plastic in Their Water?

By 

Many Americans drink bottled water, the market for which has grown to $147 billion in recent years. Despite this rapid growth, there are emerging health concerns with drinking bottled water, notably from the chemicals used in the production of plastic which, as our friends at Mercola.com point out, have hormone-mimicking activity that threaten human health. A recent report tested top bottled water brands to see which were the most contaminated with plasticand the results may shock you. Action Alert!

Researchers at the State University of New York, commissioned by the non-profit Orb Media, tested 259 bottles of eleven top brands of bottled water for the presence of microscopic plastic. Only seventeen of the 259 bottles were free of microplastic particles, and none of the brands were consistently free of plastic in the water.

02:40

Bears Beware! Bitcoin Price Will Reach Record Highs This Year: Fmr. JPMorgan Trader "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The bitcoin price entered another bearish trend this week after failing to pierce $10,000 earlier in the month. The flagship cryptocurrency now sits more than 58 percent below the all-time high it set in December, but one former JPMorgan trader remains confident that it will trade above $20,000 before the year is out. Danny Masters,

The post Bears Beware! Bitcoin Price Will Reach Record Highs This Year: Fmr. JPMorgan Trader appeared first on CCN

02:40

15-Year-Old Reveals How Laurel-Yanny Debate Began With Homework Assignment "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Cloe Feldman is the reason you and everyone else cant stop debating whether its Yanny or Laurel. The YouTube vlogger shared a video clip on Twitter that she found on Reddit of an automated voice pronouncing the word Laurel. Turns out the clip was from a vocabulary homework assignment Katie Hetzel, a high school freshman, had posted to Instagram. InsideEdition.coms Leigh Scheps (http://twitter.com/LeighTVReporter) has more.

02:39

Parts of Hawaii Covered In Ash After Volcano Spews Massive Ash Plume 30,000 Feet Into Air "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The powerful, steam-driven blast was expected to spew large amounts of volcanic ash and smoke from Kilaueas crater on Hawaiis Big Island. The eruption has destroyed 37 homes and other structures in a small southeast area of the island and forced around 2,000 people to evacuate their homes.

Learn More:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hawaii-volcano-blast/explosive-eruption-rocks-hawaiis-kilauea-volcano-usgs-idUSKCN1II2E3?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Your Support of Independent Media Is Appreciated:

https://www.paypal.me/dahboo7

Bitcoin- 1Nmcbook8TwAdtZHsMdVxRtjBnyrSArDH5

Bitcoin Cash- qzjvcvkfhzffcgc89mcnvuka0lljjuu4dvalrafmj0

https://teespring.com/stores/dahboo7

www.undergroundworldnews.com

https://www.minds.com/DAHBOO7

My Other Youtube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/Dahboo777

https://www.bitchute.com/profile/ZIGZbqlqH9wB/

https://www.instagram.com/dahboo7/

02:38

Puerarin protects endothelial progenitor cells from damage of angiotensin II. "IndyWatch Feed Health"

PMID:  Mol Med Rep. 2018 Mar ;17(3):3877-3883. Epub 2017 Dec 19. PMID: 29359784 Abstract Title:  Puerarin protects endothelial progenitor cells from damage of angiotensin II via activation of ERK1/2Nrf2 signaling pathway. Abstract:  Endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) dysfunction is associated with the formation of carotid atherosclerosis. It has been demonstrated that angiotensin II (Ang II) may impair the function of EPCs and puerarin, a natural product, possesses cardiovascular protective effects against oxidative stress and inflammation. Therefore, the present study aimed to investigate the beneficial effects of puerarin in Ang IIinduced EPC injury, and to elucidate the underlying mechanisms. Treatment with Ang II suppressed EPC proliferation and migration, increased the expression of the senescence marker galactosidase, and the adhesion molecules intracellular adhesion molecule1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule1. However, the above effects were markedly alleviated by treatment with puerarin in a dosedependent manner (1, 10 and 100 M). In addition, Ang II significantly increased reactive oxygen species production and the levels of the inflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor and interleukin6. Notably, these effects were reversedby puerarin. However, it was identified that the impaired EPC functions were due to inhibition of the phosphorylation of extracellular signalregulated kinase 1 and 2 (ERK1/2) and the degradation of nuclear factor erythroid 2 like 2 (Nrf2), and treatment with puerarin activated the ERK1/2Nrf2 signaling pathway. The results of the present study indicated that puerarin protected Ang IIinduced EPC dysfunction via activation of the ERK1/2Nrf2 signaling pathway.

read more

02:35

How to manage more containers with Docker Swarm "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Scaling beyond a single server is a an important feature to understand about containers. When you start using containers to make it easy to scale your application, things really start to get interesting. Imagine you have used Docker containers for development and testing. Now youre ready to go live.

How can you make sure your application has enough resources? If you go viral, how will you scale?

This is where you should start using a container orchestrator like Swarm. The same group that brought you Docker built Swarm. Swarm exists to manage Docker containers on a cluster of machines. Docker Swarm makes it easy to deploy, manage, and scale your containers.

In this article, we will walk though the basics of container orchestration on a cluster. We will discuss the features of Docker Swarm, including how to start a Swarm, deploy an application, and scale that application. If you are not familiar with Docker, take a look at my other articles.

What is Docker?
Starting your first container
Creating your first Dockerfile
Building your first image
Moving past one container

Make your way back here when you feel ready.

You may have heard me call Swarm a container orchestrator. What do I mean by that? Swarm takes control of managing and organizing both the hosts and Docker containers running on your cluster.

Think of Swarm as an application that understands how to run Docker commands. You tell it where all your Docker hosts are, what containers you want to run, and Swarm takes care of the rest. Swarm manages networking, access, the state of your containers, scaling services, load balancing, and even relocating containers if a host becomes unresponsive.

In this article, we are going to start up a Docker Swarm on your local machine. With our local Swarm we will familiarize ourselves with the most common commands and deploy some services.

Starting a swarm

To get started, you will need to have Docker-CE installed. To help you install Docker on your machine, please take a look at the...

02:33

The house of Windsor who are they really "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I was considering why recent events have not brought these uncomfortable truths to light, I had also considered a false flag event in the nature of garnering sympathy, I don't know why but my brain just spit that idea out while watching some of the recent news. This documentary is very revealing and why did Charlie Gard have to die ? and why did the Queen not lift a finger maybe this video will help answer some of these questions.

The house of Windsor who are they really

02:29

Raspberry Pi - anyone use it? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I got a RaspberryPi for Christmas this year, additionally I have 2 Arduino Uno's that I play around with.

No real projects planned just yet for the RPi, but I have been playing around with it. Got a sensor pack on the way and I can use some of the add-ons for the Arduino with it.

I got the new RPi v2 (1Gb ram and a quad core processor, 4 USB ports, HDMI and network), running the Raspbian distro it runs really nice, a bit jumpy sometimes when the CPU is taxed but it's been very stable....

Raspberry Pi - anyone use it?

02:22

Recent Study Suggests that HPV Vaccine Has Caused Cervical Cancer Rates to Increase "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

For those who may not remember, the HPV or human papillomavirus vaccine was released/introduced to the US back in 2006. It brought lots of controversy with it but was pushed big time to those who did not yet know how to do their research or thought they were doing the right thing by getting it or having their daughters get it.

While a lot of people think it does well and is necessary, others are not convinced. An independent Swedish researcher took on the job of looking at the vaccine results a bit closer and found that it seems the vaccine might be causing cervical cancer rather than preventing it. This researchers findings were published in the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics and goes quite in depth.

The abstract of this study goes as follows:

The Centre for Cervical Cancer Prevention in Sweden has noted in its annual report a substantial increase in the incidence of invasive cervical cancer, especially during the two years 2014 and 2015. I have sub-grouped the data according to age, using the same statistical database of the National Board of Health and Welfare as used by the authors of the above-mentioned report. The increase in the incidence of cervical cancer was shown to be most prominent among women 2049 years of age while no apparent increase was observed among women above 50. The FDA has noted in the clinical trials referred to it for marketing approval that women exposed to the human papillomavirus (HPV) prior to vaccination had an increase in premalignant cell changes compared with placebo controls. I discuss the possibility that HPV vaccination could play a role in the increase in the incidence of cervical cancer by causing instead of preventing cervical cancer disease in women previously exposed to HPV. A time relationship exists between the start of vaccination and the increase in the incidence of cervical cancer. The HPV vaccines were approved in 2006 and 2007, respectively and most young girls started to be vaccinated during 20122013.

These findings seem to threaten the narrative that HPV vaccines are safe and effective. When assessing these things the researcher looked at analytics and found that the rates in younger women and older women were very different. It seems the increase affected mostly younger women, for the most part, those in their 20s. Why would this be? Doesnt it take years to develop after a person gets HPV in general? This is sketchy at best and was seen as a red flag.

It seems the HPV vaccine is causing an increase in cerv...

02:20

How Cosmic Changes Impact Our Physical Bodies "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

We are a part of the universe and the universe is a part of us. Everything is connected in one way, or another.

When things are happening in the world of the cosmos or going on with the celestial bodies, in general, there are energetic changes. These energetic changes affect all of us whether we realize it or not. Some of them bring us inward and others cause us to question everything around us. You never truly know how something is going to affect you as you are unique.

When the cosmos bring forth a low energy a lot of us get down in the dumps and feel drained. We might literally become sluggish and our bowels might become uncomfortable. Many people note digestive issues when the energies are low in the cosmos.

When the energies of the cosmos are high we will feel something much more intense. This might be something you experience during a full moon for instance. We feel as though we are going through a release and anything we have been going through is amplified dramatically.

This might also cause us to have a lot of trouble sleeping. Some of these energies push us inward and others outward. It just depends on what the universe is sending to you.

Inward energies are very beneficial as they really push us to dive into who we are and why we are as we are. It activates healing and shifts us to a more educated mindset. We can learn a lot by getting to know ourselves on a deeper level. Lots of problems can only be solved in this manner.

If you are going through something you should ask yourself what the energies surrounding it are trying to tell you. If you are struggling to find the words to say maybe some serious thinking is in order. Whenever we come to something in this life it has meaning behind it. The universe works in mysterious ways. These celestial shifts and cosmic changes are all happening constantly whether we want them to or not, so we might as well use them to our advantage.

If you are having headaches, nausea, uncontrollable emotions, hot flashes or anything else of the sort it could be and most likely is because of the energies changing around you. There are a lot of symptoms associated with the things going on in the universe. There is a lot more going on in this world than we realize. The universe is always at work.

Image via EWAO

02:17

Japanese Chi Master Demonstrates the Raw Power of Chi By Controlling Animals "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The fact that human beings have only five senses is nowadays taken for granted and if people cannot explain something within the framework of science, they tend to brush it off as an oddity or anomaly.

Master Kanzawa Sensei has said that he is able to exchange energy with animals after which they calm down and fall asleep.

Many practitioners of meditative arts and eastern martial have been attuned to the presence of chi for thousands of years. Chi is described as life force energy which animates all creatures on Earth. Masters that use this energy are able to perform extraordinary feats of longevity, concentration, and strength, while those from the West have always been unwilling to credit them for their outstanding mastery since they cannot accept the idea that a subtle energy connects all the living things.

The practice of cultivating energy is known as Qigong and the Japanese chi master, Sensei Kanzawa is famous for his extraordinary ability to control animals by using his mind power and chi techniques, which are extraordinary and rare examples of Qigong powers. By manipulating chi techniques with his hands and concentrating his mind, this master could stand near animals such as elephants, buffalo, and ostriches. He could also calm them down and even put them to sleep.

He explained that he is exchanging energy with the animals after which they go to sleep.

He had also featured in an episode of the Stan Lees Super-humans, a TV program where he was seen visiting a Californian alpaca ranch. He had left the ranch owner, Cecilia Secka perplexed by subduing a large group of alpacas. Moreover, there was a subsequent message on the ranchs website where it was revealed that after the filming, Kanzawa healed an injured animal in an incredible way. Namely, he helped a female alpaca which was behaving quite strangely that day. The animal was paralyzed in the hind legs and could not eat at all since its jaw was paralyzed as well. The ranch owner gave the animal some Bonamine hoping it will help. However, there was not any improvement. Finally, she told Mr. Kanzawa about this problem and he agreed to see the animal which was still unable to eat. Mr. Kanzawa stood five feet away from the injured alpaca and started to use his power of mind and the chi techniques. They could see a gradual improvement and after twenty minutes the animal was completely restored, eating and...

02:16

NY Grants Fifth-Ever BitLicense to Crypto Exchange Genesis Global Trading "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Genesis Global Trading has got a BitLicense from the state Department of Financial Services, which makes it only the 5th firm in 3 years to get the controversial license. The cryptocurrency exchange, based on new york, and DFS declared the news in different news release Thursday. From the regulators release, NY financial services superintendent Maria Vullo said, NY carries on to lead the country in controlling the expanding fintech market. However, the BitLicense has come in for intense critique from cryptocurrency entrepreneurs. Talking in CoinDesks Consensus 2018 conference Tuesday, ShapeShift Chief executive officer Erik Voorhees known as the regulation a complete failure which should be removed.

He explained it was pathetic that just a handful of firms had obtained BitLicenses after three years. That is the rate of innovation from New York. Several exchanges have stopped working in the state, such as ShapeShift and Kraken. Despite lacking a BitLicense prior to this week, Genesis Trading was working in NY under a safe harbor provision. The exchange panders to high net worth and institutional investors and provides round the clock trading from bitcoin, bitcoin money, ether, classic ether, XRP, litecoin and zcash. Separately, the DFS also approved Paxos Trust Company, previously known as itBit, to run a permissioned, blockchain based place trade platform reimbursement agency for precious metals, known as Bankchain.

Paxos retains a limited purpose trust company charter from DFS, just like Gemini Trust Company, a cryptocurrency exchange. NY became the first nation to craft a regulatory arrangement particularly for cryptocurrencies in the year 2014, and finalized the BitLicense at August 2015. The other four companies to get the license is Circle, in 2015, XRP II, a Ripple subsidiary that sells XRP, the next calendar year, and Coinbase and bitFlyer at 2017. The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the greatest journalistic standards and complies with a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.

Sources:
coindesk.com
press
releases
called
stopped
strict set of editorial policies

02:11

Wall Street Journal Research Finds Red Flags In 19% Of ICOs "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

WSJ research finds that 271 of 1450 ICOs contain red flags from fake numbers to copy-and-pasted white papers from other ICOs

02:07

Gallons of Rainwater Collection from a Tarp or other Square Footage "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

When it rains, theres a stunning amount of water that falls from the sky! Rainwater collection adds up very quickly for every square foot that youre able to capture from water runoff. To put it in perspective Im going to use an ordinary Tarp of various sizes to give you an idea how much rainwater that you could potentially collect.   Note: A great prep item is an ordinary tarp (lots of uses). Even a small 57 foot tarp can collect a lot of rain! For example, by using a few lengths of cordage, tie up the tarp corners to

Original source: Gallons of Rainwater Collection from a Tarp or other Square Footage

02:00

NY Grants Fifth-Ever BitLicense to Crypto Exchange Genesis Global Trading "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The license is has come in for intense criticism, in part because so few firms have been granted one.

Launching Your Online Business: What To Do (and Know) Before You Launch! "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

All month were partnering with Weebly to share a series on getting your online business off the ground and running! One of the questions I hear most from people these days is how they can turn their ideas into real-life businesses and what they should know beforehand. So after talking about inspiration last week, today were focusing on what you need to know before you get started to help set your business up for longterm success. These tips, techniques and tools will help your business build a strong foundation, avoid costly (and avoidable) missteps, and make a plan that allows your business to grow organically and with intention.

Today Im talking with jewelry designer and Weebly customer Candice Cox of CanDid Art to get her perspective on whats most important to know before launching any online business.

This post is brought to you in collaboration with Weebly who gives creative entrepreneurs the tools and support to build + grow their website or online store. Use Weebly as a resource along the way to build your brand and business. Get inspired (and 15% off your first purchase) right here!

Thanks for supporting our...

Venezuelan Government Seized Kelloggs Factory After Closure: A Recipe For Failure "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The socialist Venezuelan government has seized a closed Kelloggs factory and decided to make the perfect storm for failure out of their theft.  The government has handed control of the factory over to the workers who will attempt to continue to produce Kelloggs products.

Hold your laughter, because this actually happened. According to the BBC, the move comes as Kelloggs announced it was pulling out of the dystopian communist country because of the worsening economic situation brought on by the disturbing socialist policies of President Nicolas Maduro.

Maduro, who has previously accused the United States of waging economic war against his government, and called the factory closure absolutely unconstitutional and illegal, even though his policies are the ones which caused the closure of the factory to begin with. But in the meantime, Maduro has decided to hand the factory over to workers who he thinks will continue production.  Interesting, considering most people wont work long without being paid, and if Kelloggs cannot find supplies to produce their infamous cereals, its unlikely the workers will be successful.  But socialists dont think much more than one second about any decision anyway.

Venezuelas battered economy has been hit by falling oil revenue and the plummeting value of its currency, the bolivar. It also has one of the highest rates of inflation in the world. Kellogg is simply the latest multinational company to close or heavily scale back operations in Venezuela, citing strict currency controls,...

Venezuelan Government Seized Kelloggs Factory After Closure: A Recipe For Failure "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The socialist Venezuelan government has seized a closed Kelloggs factory and decided to make the perfect storm for failure out of their theft.  The government has handed control of the factory over to the workers who will attempt to continue to produce Kelloggs products.

Hold your laughter, because this actually happened. According to the BBC, the move comes as Kelloggs announced it was pulling out of the dystopian communist country because of the worsening economic situation brought on by the disturbing socialist policies of President Nicolas Maduro.

Maduro, who has previously accused the United States of waging economic war against his government, and called the factory closure absolutely unconstitutional and illegal, even though his policies are the ones which caused the closure of the factory to begin with. But in the meantime, Maduro has decided to hand the factory over to workers who he thinks will continue production.  Interesting, considering most people wont work long without being paid, and if Kelloggs cannot find supplies to produce their infamous cereals, its unlikely the workers will be successful.  But socialists dont think much more than one second about any decision anyway.

Venezuelas battered economy has been hit by falling oil revenue and the plummeting value of its currency, the bolivar. It also has one of the highest rates of inflation in the world. Kellogg is simply the...

01:57

Snorkeler in Hawaii Finds Gold Cross Lost in Ocean 52 Years Ago "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

A snorkeler didnt think he would find hidden treasure under the sea, but Jon Aliba found a gold cross with an inscription on it: Alexander Morrison, 1932, St. Agnes Choir. He would use that to try and track down the person who might be missing it. He took to a Facebook group called Stolen Stuff Hawaii, where the photo eventually reached a man named Alexander Sandy Morison. He claims he lost it back in 1966. InsideEdition.coms Mara Montalbano (https://twitter.com/MaraMontalbano) has more.

01:51

A Look Back at the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

As the nuptials of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry approach, Inside Edition takes a look back at the last royal wedding to dominate the headlines. In 2011, Harrys older brother, Prince William, married Kate Middleton in a ceremony watched around the world. Inside Edition was on the scene, reporting on the big day. It was an occasion that evoked the wedding of William and Harrys parents, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, some 30 years earlier.

01:46

From a long time ago "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Words from a Democrat of yesterday that must seem foreign as all get out to the Dims of today. A great video from Silencerco.

01:41

Ukraine Drafts Law to Legalize Cryptocurrencies, Fuels Debate In Crypto Community "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Ukraine is drafting legislation to legalize cryptocurrencies and asked members of the crypto community to participate. And boy, did they. Alexei Mushak, a member of the Ukrainian parliament, posted a notice on his Facebook page May 15. He said the Ukrainian government is preparing to legalize virtual currencies and asked for input from cryptocurrency experts. Below

The post Ukraine Drafts Law to Legalize Cryptocurrencies, Fuels Debate In Crypto Community appeared first on CCN

01:40

Bitcoin Mining Manufacturer Canaan Files for Hong Kong Stock Exchange IPO "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin Mining Manufacturer Canaan Files for Hong Kong Stock Exchange IPO

Canaan Creative Co. Ltd, the Chinese company behind the Avalon lineup of hardware equipment which produces ASIC mining chips and rigs, has officially submitted a listing application to Asias third-largest equities market the Hong Kong stock exchange.

Also Read: HTC to Launch Its Own Cryptocurrency-Focused Smartphone, Exodus

$1 Billion IPO

Bitcoin Mining Manufacturer Canaan Files for Hong Kong Stock Exchange IPO

Canaan posted a preliminary prospectus on Tuesday revealing it brought in a revenue of 1.3 billion yuan in 2017 and that its net income jumped over 600% to 361 million yuan. Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank AG, Credit Suisse Group AG and CMB International Capital Ltd. are named as joint sponsors of the proposed offering in the preliminary prospectus. The filing did not specify the amount Canaan will try to raise in the public offering but it i...

01:36

JP Morgan Announces Prototype Blockchain Platform to Streamline Capital Markets Infrastructure "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co presented a prototype of its blockchain platform for capital markets at NYs Consensus conference yesterday

01:25

10 Signs You Are the Parent of a Superhuman Indigo Child "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Indigo children are some of the most amazing people on this planet. They are far more gifted than I can find the words to explain and hold a very prominent place here on this planet.

As we have gone over before there are lots of different kinds of indigos and they are all in different age groups. Some are younger and others might be well into their middle-aged lives by now. As a parent, you probably already assume your child is special but does he or she have superhuman powers? Have you ever stopped to ask yourself whether or not your child is an indigo?

Indigo children possess special abilities that most other people cannot truly comprehend. Some unlock their abilities early on and others do not. Their aura reads differently than the auras of the rest of us and they really stand out big time.

Below I am going to go over some of the things that might indicate that your child is an indigo. That being said, if you find your child is not an indigo he or she could still be just as special, there are plenty of different kinds of star children in this world today. We all have a unique purpose.

10 Signs Your Child is An Indigo and What That Means:

1. They fight all of your silly rules.

Indigos have problems with authority. They will abide by all the rules that make sense but if something seems pointless they wont pay much attention to it. While you might not want him or her going out and getting muddy if he or she wants to play in the mud, it is going to happen.

2. They are very insightful.

They are always coming up with newer and better ways of doing things. While this may seem odd, they are just so talented when it comes to this kind of thing. From a young age, he or she might make small things for you in the hopes of improving your life.

3. They struggle with fitting in.

Indigos dont really fit in with all the normal people. They do manage to find small groups of those they can truly resonate with but as far as being popular, it doesnt really happen. They are a bit more solitary anyways.

4. They are a bit headstrong.

Indigos are some of the most stubborn people there are. They will get one thing in their mind and stay set on it. You cannot often convince them to back down.

5. They are not necessarily very social.

They dont really care too much about socializing. You have to basically force them out to parties and convince them to have friends over. They like being alone more often than not.

6. They seem wise beyond their years.

They are much smarter...

01:24

How to Cook in the Wilderness With No Dishes "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Knowing how to cook in the wilderness without a lot of the modern conveniences is a skill worth honing. There are a lot of different ways to create a great Read More

01:20

Unusual Uses for Everyday Items "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Nails - String Art or mapping
[IMG]

Toys, games or puzzles
[IMG]

Anyone else have an unusual idea for an every day object?

Hairpins?
Clothspins?
Safteypins?
Railroad spikes?

01:14

Are you being micro-managed? Manage your relationship with your manager instead. "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Being micromanaged sucks. Its a major complaint people have with their managers. You feel demotivated and undervalued, and it inhibits your own learning.

As a manager of managers, Ive written before about how micromanaging is one of the most common early mistakes I see new managers make. But thats from the perspective of the manager.

As a report, you could just blame your manager, or you could take an Extreme Ownership approach and actually fix the situation. Lets talk through how to do that.

Diagnose the Situation

Usually, micromanaging stems from a mix of the following reasons:

Your manager is unaware that theyre doing it

This is especially true for new managers. Ironically, smart, driven managers who were successful individual contributors (ICs) tend to have this issue more frequently. But very few managers actually want to make your life miserable.

For instance, maybe in a meeting, rather than letting you answer a question fielded from someone else, they just speak up because they know the answer themselves. They didnt intend to make you feel bad by doing so.

Your manager is afraid of failure

A lot of new managers suffer from imposter syndrome. They dont know how to measure their managerial outcome, as it involves new types of tasks with less concrete tasks and outcomes (did I make the right decision? Is my team happy?) than their IC work (did I implement that feature I said I would implement in the time I had committed to?).

So they fall back to doing IC work because its measurable and easier for them to do. The problem is, its your IC work (they implement that feature you said you would implement in the time you committed to).

Your manager is prioritizing the teams short-term execution rather than your long-term growth and development

Maybe your manager can fix that bug faster than you can. Fixing bugs quickly is good, right? But even though it may have taken you longer, you would have actually learned something given the chance.

Your manager may or may not have a good reason to prioritize short-term execution. Occasionally (though infrequently), its the right thing to do.

A mismatch in expectation between what you think you can accomplish and what your manager thinks you can accom...

01:09

The Social Network! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The Social Network
James Walton I Am Liberty Audio player below!

Are you concerned about social media? Do you wonder about your privacy on sites like Twitter and Facebook? It has been made painfully clear that these businesses arent afraid to silence those they disagree with and promote those they do not. On this show we explore the ever growing world of social media and how it has changed our lives.

Continue reading The Social Network! at Prepper Broadcasting Network.

01:05

14 Struggles Only People With the Rarest Personality Type (INFJs) Will Understand "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The introverted intuitive feeler judger is one of the rarest personalities of all. Myers Briggs raises this personality up like a humanitarian with prophetic powers.

Many Myers Brigg studies ask the question, why are there not more of them when we need them? The shoes are big to fill for the INFJ. Sometimes it can be the most beautiful delicate flower in a dryer than a dry desert. Other times, it is the most fierce voice in the room, uncontrollably honest, uncontrollably bent on its intuition to tell people where they fall short. As the peacemaker-kings of the world, the INFJ can often be misunderstood. Strange because there is a short supply of them. The following is a list of struggles, that many INFJs face constantly.

INFJs have a horrible time revealing their true feelings romantically.

They are overly concerned with perfectionism. They have a calm exterior, but underneath are riddled with questions and hope. How many of them move on into relationships is a mystery. But they will be the best person to date that youll ever find. Because theyll make you cookies. Guide you well into your future. And really care about treating you and themselves right.

Perfectionists.

The worst thing you can do to an INFJ is set the bar too high. What do you mean that the only way to get an A is a 98%?

Mega decisive.

It can be tedious to watch people struggle to make decisions, especially on basic things like ordering food, what to wear, etc. This is why an INFJ will get involved to help you make a decision, not just out of kindness, but probably because they cant stand the trivial indecision.

INFJs are extremely private.

They are constantly building a world inside them and that can take awhile to unleash their secret hidden world till the timing is right, if ever right. Think of the movie Amelie.

INFJs have a tendency to hyper-organize certain things and code them.

Such as wearing earrings that match shoes, bookshelves ordered by specific genres, or aligning objects for no reason. And yetthey have a general okayness with a few piles. Then theres the general madness when there is too much out of control. And then they have general concern if around people who hyper clean.

With their giant imagination and visionary minds, they can have a tough time dealing with daily, practical matters.

Not being able to answer the question Whats the poin...

01:03

12 Important Things Most People Dont Realize About Themselves "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Do you go through life accepting things as they are? You try to get through one day at a time never really knowing whats beyond that, you just dont want to know.

If you feel like life has no purpose and you are frustrated about figuring it all out start here, with yourself.

Understanding these 12 basic concepts will open your mind to possibilities and give you purpose and a positive outlook so you can see beyond just making it to the end of the day.

You know more than you think you do.

Another important thing you should know about yourself is that your heart and Soul are a lot wiser than you think. They know everything about you, about your lifes path and about the many wonderful things you are capable of being, doing and having. And if you could just get into the habit of conversing with your Soul listening, trusting and following the guidance of your heart and the wisdom of your intuition, you will soon discover that all the answers you were once so desperately seeking outside yourself, were within you all

I have been a seeker and I still am. But I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teachings of my soul. ~ Rumi

Accepting your weakness will give you strength.

You need to know your legitimate weaknesses. It will give you so much relief when you can accept that youre just not so good at something and you dont have to be good at everything.

Maybe youre really bad at cooking like cant boil an egg kind of bad. Thats okay. You can outsource that too (or at the very least buy pre-made healthy meals to get you through).

You are not a finished product.

Who you are is constantly changing, growing and evolving, taking different forms, different shapes and becoming something new each day. And that is why it is so important to be flexible. To be open to change and to allow things to take their natural course. To allow yourself to be who life needs you to be, not who you think you should be. And to always remember that,

The more a thing tends to be permanent, the more it tends to be lifeless. ~ Alan Watts

Your self-worth cannot be verified by others.

Other people cant determine how worthy and valuable you truly are. And you know why? Because most people have no idea how valuable they themselves are. Most people allow external things, places...

01:02

Regenerative ability of stem cells is boosted by fasting "IndyWatch Feed Health"

As people age, their intestinal stem cells begin to lose their ability to regenerate. These stem cells are the source for all new intestinal cells, so this decline can make it more difficult to recover from gastrointestinal infections or other conditions that affect the intestine. This age-related loss of stem cell function can be reversed []

The post Regenerative ability of stem cells is boosted by fasting appeared first on Health Nut News.

01:00

Whither the Angel in Angels in America? "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Emma Thompson in the HBO film of Angels in America.

There are some of us who would rather face death than face our own delusion and, friends, I am one of those people. I have argued for the existence of horrible thingsovarian cancer, bedbugs, even a gluten intolerancerather than face the fact that I am a healthy hypochondriac with a genetically inescapable amount of anxiety. New York did me in, like it does so many people. What began as low-grade anxiety transformedafter a period of uncertain part-time jobs, rent beyond my income bracket, and Daily News ebola headlinesinto near dementia. Why would I want to believe that I was the problem? Creating my own headaches? Heart palpitations? The desire to believe in the self is strong. Hundreds of times that year, as I felt wandering pains and icy chills, I was faced with two options: I was sick in some serious way or I wasat least partlyinsane. The former seemed preferable.

During the worst of my anxiety, one of the many things I couldnt do was sink into Angels in America. In the past, it had been my easy remedy for a bad day or a worse night. I would just open up my two-disk set and turn to any scene in the six-hour masterwork. But anxiety kills empathy, and, when I was at my worst, I couldnt see Kushners story of human dignity. All I could see was sickness.

Since the fall, a painfully negotiated dtente has meant Ive been able to turn to it again. With a starlit revival now up on Broadway, I realized it had been at least a decade since Id read the play itself. There is a magic to seeing the play performed, a magic I still seek to understand, but in rereading the play, I found myself with a new unanswerable question: Is there really an angel in Angels in America

Angels in America begins in the autumn of 1985 and reaches into January of 1986. After Pryor is diagnosed with AIDS, he is abandoned by his lover, Louis. Betrayed, scared, and very sick, he is visited by an Angel. She comes to him many times, played by a female actress on a wire, each time splendid, fabulous, a being of light and spectacle. Ive always thought she was r...

01:00

Ceres Teaching Agriculture to King Triptolemus,... "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Ceres Teaching Agriculture to King Triptolemus, Louis-Jean-Franois Lagrene, 1769

00:54

Teacher Had Students Drown Live Raccoons In Class "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Teacher Had Students Drown Live Raccoons In Front of a Class

By Brandon TurbevilleNatural Blaze

Teacher Accused of Having Students Drown Live Raccoons and an Opossum in Class

Only a month after a teacher in Idaho teacher allegedly fed a live puppy to a snapping turtle in front of his class, yet another public school teacher has caused a controversy by torturing an animal to death in front of students by slowly drowning them in a garbage can full of water. This time, the psychopath in question resides in Florida and the incident at Forest High School in Marion County was caught on camera. The victims were two raccoons and an opossum.

An investigation is now underway after a student brought home a video recording of the incident that the students were forced to participate in. The students mother said that the student came home in tears over being forced to take part in the murder.

00:37

Texas Shuts Down ICO that Used Fake Jennifer Aniston Endorsement "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Texas State Securities Board has shut down an initial coin offering (ICO) that it claims used fake endorsements from Jennifer Aniston and other celebrities to fraudulently promote its token sale. Filed on Wednesday, the emergency cease-and-desist order alleges that in addition to illegally peddling unregistered securities Wind Wide Coin used photographs of

The post Texas Shuts Down ICO that Used Fake Jennifer Aniston Endorsement appeared first on CCN

00:32

An introduction to Web Performance and the Critical Rendering Path "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Photo by Chris Liverani on Unsplash

Most of us work with the web every day. Its become normal for us to get all the information we need delivered to us almost instantly. But how that web page is actually put together and delivered to us is a bit of a mystery.

Sometimes web pages are amazingly fast, and sometimes we need to wait a long time to see the contentoften resulting in us being rather frustrated and abandoning the page. In the following article, Ill try to clear things up a bit.

Disclaimer: All the information Im sharing in this post is what Ive learned through the free courses mentioned at the bottom and summarised here for anyone interested.

The Critical Rendering Path

First of all, it would be useful to understand the steps the browser is actually going through. It starts with plain HTML, CSS, and JavaScript files goes through rendering and painting a page, and arrives in the end to become what the user sees.

These steps from your different HTML, CSS, and JS files to a painted page are commonly referred to as the Critical Rendering Path (or CRP for short).

The Critical Rendering Path consists of five different steps, which are best explained in a graphic.

The different stages of the Critical Rendering Path (DOM and CSSOM refer to Document Object Model and CSS Object Model respectively)

Building up the DOM and the CSSOM

Most web pages consist of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, which all form a critical part in the CRP. In order to read and process your HTML, the browser will construct the Document Object Model (DOM). The browser is looking at the HTML tags (

and

etc) in your markup and converts them into tokens which in turn are created into nodes in parallel. By processing these StartTag tokens and EndTag tokes in order, and seeing which come first, the browser can establish their hierarchy and establish parents and children.

Dont let this terminology scare you, though. Imagine the DOM as a big tree with branches which represent parent nodes, and that in turn contain leaves, the child nodes. This tree will represent the dependencies of nodes in our HTML and looks somewhat similar to this:

Taken from W3 Schools (https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_htmldom.asp)The DOM Tree of Objects...

00:30

Surprisingly, this plant slashed tumor growth better than chemo "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola Medical cannabis has a long history as a natural analgesic, and is now legal in 30 U.S. states, the majority of which allow limited use of medical marijuana under certain medical circumstances. The medicinal qualities of marijuana are primarily due to high amounts (about 10 to 20 percent) of cannabidiol (CBD), medicinal terpenes and []

The post Surprisingly, this plant slashed tumor growth better than chemo appeared first on Health Nut News.

00:24

Germanys 2nd Largest Stock Exchange To Launch Zero-Fee Crypto Trading App "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Stuttgart Brse, Germanys second largest stock exchange, has announced it is launching a zero-fee smartphone crypto trading app, dubbed Bison

00:23

Bloodlines Trailer: The Art and Life of Blood Artist Vincent Castiglia "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Get under the skin with an artist who paints his traumatic life in human blood.

00:23

Developers Improve HTML5 Gaming Industry, Add Blockchain "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Egretia partnered with Egret Technologies to create the worlds first HTML5 blockchain platform with functionality for developers, users, content publishers, and advertisers. The blockchain is needed to solve ongoing issues within the HTML5 industry. To make the new platform work, Egretia leverages Egret software with access to two hundred thousand developers and one billion users.

HTML5 technology has been in development for several years and is already globally recognized, covering mobile games, advertising, video and other industries. One of the key players in the HTML5 gaming industry is Egret Technologies. Since releasing its first game in 2014, the company managed to create a full workflow for development consisting of fourteen products including the engine itself, an IDE visual editor, animation and cross-platform packaging tools.

Egret currently has over two hundred thousand active developers worldwide and its services are installed on more than one billion mobile devices around the world, according to the company. To solve major technical issues of the HTML5 industry, Egret partnered with the Egretia project, which aims to make blockchain a solution for these issues.

The Egretia ecosystem contains several core elements.

Egretia public chain

First of all, Egretia is aiming to integrate a blockchain interface layer into Egrets development suite, which allows developers and designers to edit and debug code, visually adjust UI interface, create cross-platform animations and interactive media content, and publish HTML5 content as iOS or Android apps via the packaging tool.

Egretias own public chain is based on the Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) consensus mechanism, aiming at optimizing HTML5 game performance. Using a DPoS mechanism, Egretias blockchain has already shown high processing power of more than 2,000 transactions per second. Moreover, Egretia allows for the dynamic adjustment of parameters like block size, output speed, and handling fees through a consensus voting method.

To allow easy access into the blockchain for HTML5 developers, Egretia will introduce a software development kit (SDK). With the SDK, developers may create HTML5 games and applications that provide blockchain capabilities such as digital wallets and smart contracts.

Egreten token...

00:17

Galactics update with Kent Dunn May 17, 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

pbince Gepubliceerd op 17 mei 2018 GEABONNEERD 3,7K Mothers Day special for the next couple of weeks 15% off your first order with promo code MOM2018 Pure Body: http://touchstoneessentials.sjv.io/c/ Pure Continue Reading

Het bericht Galactics update with Kent Dunn May 17, 2018 verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

00:16

Autoimmunity and metal implants, devices, and vaccine adjuvants "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Amanda Just, MS, and Jack Kall, DMD, MIAOMT, World Mercury Project Partner Autoimmune diseases are on the rise, with more and more people being stricken with these illnesses each year. The fact that the average persons overall exposure to chemicals, including metals, has drastically increased over the past century cannot be overlooked when discussing the synonymous []

The post Autoimmunity and metal implants, devices, and vaccine adjuvants appeared first on Health Nut News.

00:16

Auto Shop Employee Overwhelmed by Multiple Robbers | Active Self Protection "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Active Self Protection YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

This auto shop employee was absolutely overwhelmed when multiple robbers burst in his shop outside of Philly. You gotta know when to resist and when to comply, and always remember that partial resistance never works.

If you want to train and get better at real life self-defense, join us on the ASP Extra channel to learn how to respond to situations like this auto shop employee in Philly overwhelmed by multiple robbers! http://www.youtube.com/activeselfprotectionextra

NEWS STORIES, MORE INFO:

Raw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llhdURwOOx0

News story: https://get-asp.com/ircu

ASP merch is in stock in the storego get a newly designed limited edition phone case! http://get-asp.com/store

If you value what we do at ASP, would you consider becoming an ASP Patron Member to support the work it takes to make the narrated videos like this auto shop employee in Philly overwhelmed by multiple robbers? https://get-asp.com/patron or https://get-asp.com/patron-annual gives the details and benefits.

Find a good instructor in your area and get some training: https://get-asp.com/directory

Attitude. Skills. Plan.

(music in the outro courtesy of Bensound at http://www.bensound.com)

Copyright Disclaimer. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

00:15

How Students at Meghan Markles High School are Celebrating Her Royal Wedding "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Students at Meghan Markles former high school cheer on their most famous alum. Students sang and danced for a special celebration at Immaculate Heart High School, a Catholic all-girls school in Hollywood. Some kids wore fancy hats in honor of the royal wedding. Others created makeshift headpieces. Theology teacher, Christine Knudsen says she couldnt be more proud of her former student. Meghan was involved in theater and starred as Little Red Riding Hood, in her sophomore year.

00:14

Tor 0.3.4.1-alpha is released! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Tor 0.3.4.1-alpha is released! nickm May 17, 2018

Hi! There's a new Tor alpha release available for download. If you build Tor from source, you can download the source code for 0.3.4.1-alpha from the usual place on the website. If you don't build Tor from source, just wait: Packages should be available over the coming weeks, with a new alpha Tor Browser release some time in the coming weeks.

Remember, this is an alpha release: you should...

Tor 0.3.4.1-alpha is released!

00:10

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Look-Alikes Take London by Storm "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

What are the chances of stumbling into Prince Harry and his bride-to-be just days before the wedding? None, whatsoever. So, a royal look-a-like couple has been parading the streets to take photos with tourists and well-wishers. The lookalikes spoke with Inside Edition Special Correspondent Amanda Holden about the celebration around the upcoming wedding.

00:00

The Art of Collecting: Ann Wood of Woodlucker "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Collecting with Ann Wood of Woolucker for Design*Sponge

Collecting with Ann Wood of Woolucker for Design*Sponge

Ann Wood has spent most of her life arranging and curating her many collections. When she was only 12 years old, her mom painted her bedroom floor to ceiling with a bright white paint, handed Ann her own set of paints and told her to create what she wanted to see on the walls. Each weekend, Ann would spend hours lining her shelving unit with painted flowers, and she would paint birds on the ceiling and animals and figures all over the walls of the room. That really gave me permission to think big, Ann says. For your mom to let you paint on the walls was the ultimate freedom, and the ultimate confidence that you would do something marvelous.

Ann has not stopped collecting, curating, or arranging since then. Quite the opposite, as shes made the art of collecting her lifes work. Ann grew up on a farm in Iowa, surrounded by nature, plants and gardens. She now sees her Minnesota backyard garden as an extension of her grouped collections, for which she has many. She collects everything from Italian glass ornaments to vintage coats to miniature ceramics. Each spring her garden space takes on a new form of collecting and arranging, where she spends time reconfiguring this living collection. Much like what she does in her own art work, she studies one plant at a tim...

00:00

VOLCANO RED ALERT: Kilauea Still Erupting Now Poses THREAT To Humans And Aircraft "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The Kilauea volcano in Hawaii is still erupting and now, the situation has gotten grimmer. The volcanos plume is posing a threat to aircraft and human life, prompting a code red aviation warning.

A massive plume of ash rising from Hawaiis Kilauea volcano prompted a warning yesterday to pilots planning to fly over the area. The eruption isnt just dangerous to people on the ground anymore it could also bring down planes. A code red warning has been issued, as the eruption continues to intensify.

Kilauea has been spurting lava, molten rock, and poisonous gases from multiple massive fissures on the island of Hawaii since May 3rd. On Tuesday morning, the Halemaumau crater on Kilaueas summit also began continuously gushing ash creating a plume that rose up to 10,000 feet in the air. Rocks falling into the vent may be responsible for more intense ash spurts. But thats not even the worst of it, the US Geological Survey warned: At any time, activity may become more explosive, increasing the intensity of ash production and producing ballistic projectiles near the vent.

In addition to dangers from the bubbling, scalding-hot lava from the Kilauea volcano, residents on the Big Island of Hawaii are enduring threats from both vog and volcanic ashfall. The U.S. Geological Survey issued a code red for ashfall late Tuesday, due to the hazard it poses for airplanes and jets. Vog, short for volcanic smog, is the haze formed by gas and fine particle emissions from volcanoes, according to the...

Thursday, 17 May

23:45

Social Network Adopts Civic's Blockchain ID System "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Civic has launched a decentralized identity verification system, and crypto social network platform Hilo is the first to use it.

23:43

New Study: EPA's 'Safe' Levels of this Chemical in Your Food Aren't So Safe After All "IndyWatch Feed Food"

May 17, 2018
Organic Consumers Association
Katherine Paul

Last summer, the Organic Consumers Association (OCA) announced that our testing of Ben & Jerrys popular ice cream flavors for glyphosate (the active ingredient in Monsantos Roundup weedkiller) turned up positive results in 10 of 11 samples we tested.

Our critics fired back that the glyphosate levels we found were well below the levels that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) tells us are safe.

In othe...

23:42

Royal Family Opens Massive Vaccine Research Facility "IndyWatch Feed Health"

The Royal wedding is this weekend and many Americans will be glued to their Televisions idolizing what they see as a fairy tale narrative play out on global TV. Of course, all the real problems...

The post Royal Family Opens Massive Vaccine Research Facility appeared first on Vaxxter.

23:41

Bitcoin Mining Could Use 0.5% of Worlds Electricity Energy in 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A recently released peer-reviewed article by blockchain evangelist and financial economist Alex de Vries deployed a novel methodology to determine Bitcoins energy usage a few years from now, and the estimated results are certainly astonishing. Pay with Bitcoin or Power a Home? Published on May 16 on Joule,  de Vries made use of complex economic

The post Bitcoin Mining Could Use 0.5% of Worlds Electricity Energy in 2018 appeared first on CCN

23:40

Bitfinex Starts Sharing Customer Tax Data with Authorities "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitfinex, an exchange famed for its opaque banking arrangements, has begun ordering its users to submit their tax details. The platform, which is registered in the British Virgin Islands, a known tax haven, will retain this information and may share it with tax authorities in their customers jurisdiction. The news has caused quite a stir.

Also read: Thailand Waives 7% VAT for Individual Cryptocurrency Investors

Bitfinex Wants Your Tax Details

In an email issued to a portion of its users, Bitfinex has outlined a new KYC policy. Not content with knowing the identity and location of its customers, it now wants their tax details. It has been stated that this is to accord with local laws in the British Virgin Islands (BVI) where the exchange is registered. The platforms tax data gathering wont stop there however: it notes that the BVI government may then exchange that information with the tax authorities of the customers country of residence.

Bitfinex Starts Sharing Customer Tax Data with Authorities

Up until a few months ago, Bitfinex didnt even enforce basic KYC for its users. Its now gone from being one of the laxest major exchanges to...

23:30

Ultrasonic Attacks Can Trigger Alexa & Siri With Hidden Commands, Raise Serious Security Risks "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

This report was originally published by Tyler Durden at Zero Hedge

Over the last two years, academic researchers have identified various methods that they can transmit hidden commands that are undetectable by the human ear to Apples Siri, Amazons Alexa, and Googles Assistant.

According to a new report from The New York Times, scientific researchers have been able to secretly activate the artificial intelligence systems on smartphones and smart speakers, making them dial phone numbers or open websites. This could, perhaps, allow cybercriminals to unlock smart-home doors, control a Tesla car via the App, access users online bank accounts, load malicious browser-based cryptocurrency mining websites, and or access all sort of personal information.

In 2017, Statista projected around 223 million people in the U.S. would be using a smartphone device, which accounts for roughly 84 percent of all mobile users. Of these 223 million smartphones users, around 108 million Americans are using the Android Operating System, and some 90 million are using Apples iOS (operating system). A new Gallup poll showed that 22 percent of Americans are actively using Amazon Echo or Google Assistant in their homes.

With much of the country using artificial intelligence systems on smartphones and smart speakers, a new research document published from the University of California, Berkeley, indicates inaudible commands could be embedded directly into recordings of music or spoken text, said The New York Times.

For instance, a millennial could be listening to their favorite song: The Middle by Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey. Embedded into the audio file could have several inaudible commands triggering Apples Siri or Amazons Alexa to complete a task that the user did not instruct such as, buying merchandise from the music performer on Amazon.

We wanted to see if we could make it even more stealthy, said Nicholas Carlini, a fifth-year Ph.D. student in computer security at U.C. Berkeley and one of the papers authors.

At the moment, Carlini said this is only an academic experiment, as it is only a matter of time before cybercriminals fi...

23:27

product development project plan template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

product development project plan template

how to make an excel spreadsheet for expenses "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to make an excel spreadsheet for expenses

personal letter of reference format "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

personal letter of reference format

sample invoice for accounting services "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

sample invoice for accounting services

business brochure templates free download "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

business brochure templates free download

certificate design templates free download "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

certificate design templates free download

microsoft excel project management template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft excel project management template

simple profit and loss template for self employed "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

simple profit and loss template for self employed

construction project template excel "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

construction project template excel

executive summary powerpoint template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

executive summary powerpoint template

simple profit loss statement template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

simple profit loss statement template

statement of income format in excel "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

statement of income format in excel

background for powerpoint presentation "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

background for powerpoint presentation

weekly activity report template word "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

weekly activity report template word

free business plan template word doc "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

free business plan template word doc

word document business card template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

word document business card template

monday thru friday schedule template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

monday thru friday schedule template

job performance evaluation form templates "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

job performance evaluation form templates

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog