IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Tuesday, 12 June

03:06

Apple Publishes Revised Cryptocurrency, ICO Guidelines for App Store "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Apple has revealed its revised guidelines in a dedicated section for iOS and MacOS apps centered on the cryptocurrency space. As bitcoin prices peaked near $20,000 in December 2017, Apple unveiled a new section of guidelines specific to cryptocurrencies and ICOs on December 20th.  For instance, apps facilitating any exchange or transfer of cryptocurrencies like Continued

The post Apple Publishes Revised Cryptocurrency, ICO Guidelines for App Store appeared first on CCN

02:50

*****"You can't do that!" "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

This is something I've heard for most of my life.... as a challenge. As a Survival Monkey member I'll share some of what I've learned and hope others will too. It feels good to answer folks who tell you that you can't do something with ...

"No, you can't do it."

It all started when Dad told me he could boil water in a paper cup... and did! It's been a long and interesting journey since then, sometimes a little scary, but always fun.

02:49

Combat Vet Posts Shocking Picture of How Many Pills He Has to Take Because Cannabis is Illegal "IndyWatch Feed Health"

ByJack Burns

One veteran got so frustrated with the number of pills he had been prescribed to take on a daily basis that he decided to create a visual aid. After calculating that he took more than 9,855 prescription pills annually, he got an idea.

Joshua Lee served with the Missouri National Guard from 2007 to 2014, and spent one year in Afghanistan, where he was diagnosed with a mysterious yet painful illness, an inflammation of the hands.

In October 2010, Lee returned home from Afghanistan and began going to the VA for medical treatmentand that is when the script count skyrocketed. He was given 27 different pills to take each day and his weight ballooned. He went from weighing a normal 160 pounds to weighing 220 pounds with a size 40-inch waist in 2017. He said that when someone remarked, Man! Youve really let yourself go! he knew he had a problem.

Last year, Lee and his wife went to Colorado for their 15-year anniversary, and he tried cannabis for pain relief for the first time. He said he began to feel better instantly.

I went out there with a plan in mind to step-down my medications and I got to experience life again, Lee said. My wife held my hand and I got to see the world as beautiful, instead of da...

02:48

How I Built My Blog Using Gatsby and Netlify "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Photo by Stanley Dai on Unsplash

Can you name a more iconic duo? 

Years ago, whenever I built a static website, I didnt use any fancy frameworks or build tools. The only thing I brought into my projects was jQuery, or if I was feeling extra fancy, I used Sass.

Nowadays, we have tools like Gatsby and Netlify, which greatly improve the experience of building static websites. Rather than thinking about boilerplate and configuration (looking at you Webpack), you can just focus on your application.

I wouldnt hesitate to say that the Gatsby and Netlify flow is the best programming experience Ive ever had. Let me explain why.

Gatsby

Gatsby is a static site generator that uses React. Everything is configured out of the box including React, Webpack, Prettier, and more.

Since Gatsby builds on top of React, you get all the benefits of React, such as its performance, components, JSX, React library ecosystem, and a large community (React is nearing 100,000 stars on GitHub ).

If you havent used React before, there is a learning curve. But there are plenty of well-written tutorials that make React very accessible. The official React documentation is also very well written.

For many static websites like my blog, I need to use external data sources (my actual blog posts) during the build process. Gatsby provides support for many forms of data, including Markdown, APIs, Databases, and CMSs like WordPress. To access this data, Gatsby uses GraphQL.

Taken straight from the Gatsby website

All my blog posts are in Markdown, so Im using a Gatsby plugin (gatsby-transformer-remark) that lets me query my Markdown files using GraphQL. It also converts a Markdown file to HTML straight out of the box like magic. I simply need to use the following GraphQL query to access a specific post:

query BlogPostByPath($path: String!) {
markdownRemark(frontmatter: { path: { eq: $path } }) {
frontmatter {
title
date(formatString: "Do MMMM YYYY")
}
html
}
}

Using this query, I access the data through my props like so:

const BlogPost = ({ props: { data: { markdownRemark } } }) => (...

02:36

Cali DOJ Raids Home, after Owner filed California Firearms Application Reporting System "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

So here it is. California-man-12-felony-charges-registering-ar-15/. The Feds, FBI and others really do wade through a lot of paper work. Bitch as the do about no Fed Firearms Records. OTOH they seem to miss a lot of confused self styled idiots and pass them by, move along nothing to see here, nothing to see here nothing to worry about.

But now Cali Records area Gold Mine to the Cali DOJ....

Cali DOJ Raids Home, after Owner filed California Firearms Application Reporting System

02:30

Gain Career Edge with Machine Learning in Finance "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Machine Learning (ML) is one of the fastest growing fields today. Financial Institutions continue to implement ML solutions to understand how markets work, access data, and forecast trends. In the new Machine Learning and Reinforcement Learning Finance Specialization from New York University, youll learn the algorithms and tools needed to predict financial markets and how to use ML to solve problems.   

Whether youre a data scientist who wants to break into the finance industry or someone who currently works in finance, this Specialization will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to develop a strong foundation. Instructor Igor Halperin, who has worked at both JP Morgan Chase and Bloomberg LP, gives us a sneak peek into what youll learn below:

How did you become interested in machine learning and finance?

I started in theoretical physics and eventually, that led me to my first job in finance as a quantitative researcher focused on models of option pricing and credit risk modeling. I started using various methods of non-parametric statistics for my models, and then slowly migrated into machine learning methods. I self-educated which is why I wanted to help create this Specialization because I know what its like to learn on your own.

Who should take this Specialization?

This course is designed for students of finance or those who already work in finance who want to further their career by growing their skillset. Before taking this Specialization, learners should have a decent understanding of basic math including calculus and linear algebra, basic prob...

02:27

A quick introduction to Functional Reactive Programming (FRP) "IndyWatch Feed Education"

FRP represents an intersection of two programming paradigms. But, before we dig deeper into the concepts, we need to know a bit more about some basic terms.

FRP: reacting to events

Imperative programming

Traditionally, we write code that describes how it should solve a problem. Each line of code is sequentially executed to produce a desired outcome, which is known as imperative programming. The imperative paradigm forces programmers to write how a program will solve a certain task. Note that in the previous statement, the keyword is how.

Heres an example:

let numbers = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
var numbersLessThanFive = [Int]()
for index in 0..
{
if numbers[index] < 5
{
numbersLessThanFive.append(numbers[index])
}
}

As you can see, we sequentially execute a series of instructions to produce a desired output.

Functional programming

Functional programming is a programming paradigm where you model everything as a result of a function that avoids changing state and mutating data. We will discuss concepts such as state and data mutability and their importance in subsequent sections, but for reference:

• consider state as one of the different permutations and combinations that your program can have at any given time during its execution
  • data mutability is the concept where a given dataset might change over a given course of time during program execution.

The same example that was given using imperative programming can be used in the following way using the functional approach:

let numbers = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
let numbersLessThanFive = numbers.filter { $0 < 5 }

We feed the filter function with a closure containing a certain criterion. That criterion is then applied to each element in the numbers array, and the resulting array contains elements that satisfy our criteria.

Notice the declaration of the two arrays in both the examples.

In the first example, the numbersLessThanFive array was declared as a var, whereas in the second example, the same array was declared as a let.

Does it ring some bells?

Which approach is better, which array is safer to work with?

What if more than one thread is trying to work with the same array and its elements?

Isnt a constant array more reliable?

Reactive programming

Reactive programming is the practice of programm...

02:21

How to create a single page application using Razor pages with Blazor "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Photo by Artem Sapegin on Unsplash

In this article, we are going to create a Single Page Application (SPA) using Razor pages in Blazor, with the help of the Entity Framework Core database first approach.

Introduction

Single Page Application (SPAs) are web applications that load a single HTML page, and dynamically update that page as the user interacts with the app. We will be creating a sample Employee Record Management System and perform CRUD operations on it.

We will be using Visual Studio 2017 and SQL Server 2014.

Take a look at the final application.

Prerequisites

• install .NET Core 2.1 Preview 2 SDK from here
  • install Visual Studio 2017 v15.7 or above from here
  • install ASP.NET Core Blazor Language Services extension from here
  • SQL Server 2008 or above

The Blazor framework is not supported by versions below Visual Studio 2017 v15.7.

Source code

Get the source code from GitHub.

Creating the table

We will be using a DB table to store all the records of employees.

Open SQL Server and use the following script to create theEmployee table.

CREATE TABLE Employee (  
EmployeeID int IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY,
Name varchar(20) NOT NULL ,
City varchar(20) NOT NULL ,
Department varchar(20) NOT NULL ,
Gender varchar(6) NOT NULL
)

Create the Blazor web application

Open Visual Studio and select File > New > Project.

After selecting the project, a New Project dialog will open. In the left panel, select .NET Core inside the Visual C# menu. Then, select ASP.NET Core Web Application from available project types. Put the name of the project as BlazorSPA and press OK.

After clicking on OK, a new dialog will open asking you to select the pro...

02:20

Georgia mom warns others after son, 5, contracts rare disease from tick bite "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Danielle McNair of Georgia is warning parents after her 5-year-old son, Mason contracted Rocky Mountain fever from a tick bite. On May 10th, Mason McNair was staying with his grandparents in LaGrange, Georgia, when they noticed a tick inside of Masons belly button. Although the tick was immediately removed, Danielle says it got infected and red. Mason also []

The post Georgia mom warns others after son, 5, contracts rare disease from tick bite appeared first on Health Nut News.

02:19

Roasted Garlic and Porcini Mushroom Goat Cheese Butter "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Roasted Garlic and Porcini Mushroom Goat Cheese Butter
As simple compound butter that's just packed with umami flavour with dried porcini mushrooms, thyme and goat cheese; yum!

Butter has to be one of the most amazing foods around and it took me a while to catch onto this, but you can easily add extra flavours to it! A compound butter is a butter with extra ingredients added to it and this roasted garlic and porcini mushroom goat cheese butter is my current favourite! I really can't get enough roasted garlic and you combine them with dried porcini mushrooms, a flavour/umami powerhouse, and cheese, goat cheese none the less, and you have a butter that is simply divine! This roasted garlic and porcini mushroom goat cheese butter is so easy to make and you can use it on so many different things! Steak is my number one way to enjoy this butter as all of the flavours just go so well together. In addition to using it yourself, it makes for a great gift, especially for dad this Fathers Day!

Read the recipe

02:16

LA Bitcoin Trader Faces 30 Months in Jail for Illegal Money Business "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A LA bitcoin trader faces over a couple of years in jail for having operated what prosecutors say is an illegal money transmitting business. Fifty year-old Theresa Tetley, that worked under the name Bitcoin Maven, made at least $300, 000 annually from trading a bitcoin on Localbitcoins.com between 2014 and 2017, according to NBC LA. She made transactions over that time worth from six million dollars to $9.5 million. Tetley has already pled guilty to operating an unregistered money transmission business and exchanging around 80 BTCs for $70, 000 in a transaction that prosecutors allege involved the proceeds of drug trafficking, according to the court documents.

The ex trader now faces a 30 months national jail sentence for the offenses, even if the government gets its way in court on Monday, even though her defense team is pushing for a lesser sentence of one year. Federal prosecutors also hope to seize 40 BTC, $292, 264 and 25 gold bars seized by law enforcement agents in March, in accordance with the report. The prosecutors office said in court documents that Tetleys activities fueled a black market financial system at the central district of California which purposefully and intentionally existed out of the bank market. Though the case is thought to be the first of its type in Southern California, according to NBC LA, other bitcoin traders have run afoul of authorities from other portions of U.S.

At the last calendar year. A Detroit bitcoin dealer was sentenced in December 2017 to 366 days in jail for similarly running an unlicensed money services business. Sal Mansi sent a bitcoin transaction also using localbitcoins.com through a corporation he owned, ultimately conducting $2.4 million bitcoin transactions on a 2 year period. In another case linked to Localbitcoins, father and son trading team Randall and Michael Lord were last May handed down jail sentences of 106 months and 46 months, correspondingly, for conducting an unlawful money business. Michael Lord also pled guilty to a charge involving narcotics distribution. Jail image via Shutterstock. The leader in blockchain information, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the greatest journalistic standards and complies with a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.

Sources:
coindesk.com
NBC Los Angeles
worth
sentenced

02:09

Bitcoin Price: Bloody Sunday Not Caused by Coinrail Hack "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

When the bitcoin price fell more than $1,000 and the cryptocurrency market cap shed more than $40 billion on Bloody Sunday, many media commentators attributed the decline to a security breach at a small cryptocurrency exchange in South Korea. However, Mati Greenspan, senior market analyst at eToro, says that claim is misguided. As CCN reported, Continued

The post Bitcoin Price: Bloody Sunday Not Caused by Coinrail Hack appeared first on CCN

02:03

Cancer-causing chemicals found in California farm water "IndyWatch Feed Health"

During a recent test, high levels of the cancer-causing chemical 1,2,3 trichloropropane, also known as TCP, were found in wells located at two Arvin facilities (Grimmway Farms) in Kern County, California. According to the company, the levels at the facilities exceeded the state maximum level of 5 parts per trillion. This has potentially put around []

The post Cancer-causing chemicals found in California farm water appeared first on Health Nut News.

02:02

LA Compost Breaks through Concrete Jungle to Connect People with Soil "IndyWatch Feed Food"

For LA Compost, responsible food use and consumption doesnt end with farm-to-table practices. The Los Angeles-based non-profit organization supports maintaining the total loop within the story of food, which largely includes compost.

Healthy soil translates into ... Read More

02:01

All American Prepper Destroys Fake Preppers "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Canadian Prepper YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Get a Bug Out Roll Here:

Home

Get Silky Saws Here
https://www.canadianpreparedness.com/product_categories/silky-saws/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE HERE!
https://www.facebook.com/Canadianpreparedness/?ref=bookmarks

Survival and Prepping T-shirts
https://teespring.com/stores/canadian-preppers-tees?aid=marketplace&tsmac=marketplace&tsmic=campaign

GEAR UP through this link to Support the channel (USA)
http://amzn.to/2s1XhZY

GEAR UP through this link to Support the channel (CANADA)
http://amzn.to/2znWJ74

Support the channel on Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/canadianprepper/posts

Donate to the channel through paypal button
https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=StC6bWLYnq4oUFtT2cUS4jECm_BWIdW919o9H8V8wTJvKhpwXj3WbJ4nM89KcPjAhSCarW&country.x=CA&locale.x=CA

PLAYLISTS

AFTER THE COLLAPSE SERIES!

AMAZING GEAR REVIEWS!

SURVIVAL FITNESS!

INTERVIEWS WITH YOUTUBE PREPPERS!

02:00

ALERT: Presenter Warns of Ecological Apocalypse In Great Britain "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Springwatch presenter Chris Packham is warning Great Britain of an ecological apocalypse. On this years Springwatch, Packham warns that we are presiding over an ecological apocalypse and Britain is increasingly becoming a green and unpleasant land.

According to The Guardian, Packham, who is a naturalist and broadcaster, is urging people to join him next month on a10-day bioblitz. This would involve visiting road verges, farmland, parks, allotments, and community nature reserves across the country to record what wildlife remains. The wildlife to be looked at would range from butterflies to bryophytes, linnets to lichens. Next week, Britain will become the first country in the world to dedicate a national week to helping swifts. The naturalist hopes his bioblitz will showcase their expertise and inspire newcomers to begin to understand and get involved in nature. Packham also wants to focus on farmers. There are a lot of good farmers out there and we are going to celebrate their work as well, he said.

Packham claims that the British people have normalized a national catastrophe and only see a wealth of wildlife in nature reserves, with the wider countryside completely devoid of any life. Nature reserves are becoming natural art installations, he said. Its just like looking at your favorite Constable or Rothko. We go there, muse over it, and feel good because weve seen a bittern or some avocets or orchids. But on the journey home theres nothing only wood pigeons and non-native pheasants and dead badgers on the side of the road. Its catastrophic and thats what weve forgotten our generation is presiding over an ecological apocalypse and weve somehow or other normalized it, added Packham.

How many wildflowers can we see? None. Wheres the pink of ragged robin? Wheres the yellow of flag iris? The other colors are not there. Its not green and pleasant its green and unpleasant, Packham says despairingly of looking at the rolling hills beyond this years setting for...

01:49

The Great Sitkin Volcano, Alaska raises the Aviation Color Code and Alert Level after earthquake activity causes steam explosion "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Photo Beauparlant, Alain
As the Pacific Ring Of Fire and the world enters its 24th day without a major quake volcano activity is having no such problems with the Kilauea volcano, State of Hawaii, USA, Mt Merapi Volcano Central Java, Indonesia and the Fuego Volcano Guatemala all causing havoc this month, the Great Sitkin Volcano, Alaska has joined in on the act.
Earthquake activity at Great Sitkin Volcano has been elevated over the past five days, and earlier today at 11:39 AKDT (19:39 UTC), a signal that may represent a short-lived steam explosion was detected by seismic data.
AVO is thus raising the Aviation Color Code and Alert Level to YELLOW/ADVISORY.
Great Sitkin Volcano is monitored by a five-station seismic network on Great Sitkin Island and with additional seismic stations on the nearby islands of Igitkin, Adak, Kagalaska, and Kanaga.
A six-element infrasound array to detect explosions (atmospheric pressure waves) was installed on Adak Island in June 2017, although it is currently (June 2018) only partly operational.
AVO also uses satellite imagery to monitor Great Sitkin Volcano.

Home

Source link

01:48

Australias Songlines: An Ancient Network Known As The Footprints Of The Ancestors "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Sprawled across the Australian continent lies a network of invisible pathways known to the aborigine as Footprints of the Ancestors. In the West, we know them as Song Lines and Dream-Tracks. They were part of the aboriginal creation myth which spoke of legendary beings who wandered the earth, singing out the name of everything that crossed their path birds, animals, plants, rocks, waterholes and so singing the world into existence.

Each tribe had their own songline, passed down to them by their ancestors. It was their responsibility to preserve these sacred chants and follow the laws and traditions contained within. They had a duty to protect their songlines, for an unsung territory eventually became a wasteland. If the songs were forgotten, the land itself would wither and die. By singing a landmarks creation song, the country would come to life and flourish with health and vigor.

A songline also acts as a map and compass. Providing an aboriginal person knew the song, they could always find their way across the country. A man on a Walkabout will always travel down one of their Songlines. If he were to stray from his dream-track, he would be trespassing on somebody elses land. As long as he stuck to the track, hed always find people who shared his Dreaming, from whom he could expect hospitality.

In theory, the whole of Australia could be read as a musical score (known as a song map). There is hardly a rock or creek in the country that cannot be sung. You can visualize Songlines as a labyrinth of epic stories, turning this way and that, in which every sacred site can be read in terms of its geology, function, and legends associated with it.

Anywhere in the bush you can point to some feature of the landscape and ask an Aboriginal person, Whats the story there? or Whos that? The chances are theyll answer Kangaroo or Budgerigar or Jew Lizard, depending on which Ancestor who walked that way. And the distance between two such sites can be measured as a stretch of a song.

This article was written by Simon E. Davies. Contributor at Ancient-Code.com 

Source link

01:47

*****How to reduce BO - aka Body Odor- SHTF Scenario "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Why do I need to worry about this?
1) other people can smell you if you are trying to not be noticed
2) confined spaces and overly smelly bodies will make everyone sick

How to tackle BO.
Body odor is caused by bacteria on the skin in moist wet places.

#1 kill the bacteria that causes BO

Ways kill bacteria
1) Soap and water
2) alcohol
3) vinegar and water

What other ways can you think that will kill skin bacteria that cause BO?

01:44

Police raid scientists who discovered new vaccine dangers "IndyWatch Feed Health"

(Note from the Editor: We originally posted this story about two months ago but given its extreme importance we wanted to share it with you again. Please take the time to read and, as always, please educate yourself before you decide to vaccinate.) By James Grundvig Last week, the Italian police raided the home and []

The post Police raid scientists who discovered new vaccine dangers appeared first on Health Nut News.

01:40

How Prepping for the End of the World Gets You Through Smaller Emergencies, Too "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

by S. G.

If youre like me, a lot of your prepping is for end-of-the-world events, but I recently learned how my post-apocalyptic plans can help with smaller emergencies, too. Read the rest

The post How Prepping for the End of the World Gets You Through Smaller Emergencies, Too appeared first on The Organic Prepper.

01:38

Terminal Woman Cured of Breast Cancer With Own Cells After Chemo Failed "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Terminal Woman with Breast Cancer Cured Immunotherapy Chemo Failed

By Heather CallaghanEditor

In the worlds first case, a terminal woman with her life quickly ebbing away was cured of breast cancer after chemo failed to stave off the progression.

Thanks to new experimental immunotherapy, using her own cells, her body could finally overcome the cancerous cells.

The new kind of immunotherapy is called adoptive cell transfer and was used on the woman after she had given up fighting for her life.

GNN reports:

Judy Perkins, a 52-year-old engineer and mother-of-two from Florida, was given three months to life after several rounds of chemotherapy failed to keep the cancer from spreading to the rest of her body.

My condition deteriorated a lot towards the end, and I had a tumor pressing on a nerve, which meant I spent my time trying not to move at all to avoid pain shooting down my arm, Perkins told...

01:33

Solar power help! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Ok, Im finally at the point to start living my dream! Im signing on my land this week. Will have well amd septic by summers end.

Now i have a choice and want some advice please...

I can pay to have power run to the back of my 7 acres or get solar. I prefer solar but dont wanna buy a kit that may limit me or be unable to grow.

I dont have data on my usage atm. Im traveling, but can anyone help me figure out a starter setup that lets me run my RV and sometimes use powertools for building....

Solar power help!

01:32

Meetup: Tor Community Night at PETS "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Meetup: Tor Community Night at PETS phoul June 11, 2018
[IMG]
Hello Tor community, relay operators, and PETS attendees!
A couple weeks ago when I introduced my new role as...

Meetup: Tor Community Night at PETS

01:30

VERY IMPORTANT WEEK STARTS TODAY: JUNE 11TH "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the James Munder YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-10/brace-for-the-world-economy-s-most-important-week-of-the-year
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-11/robert-de-niro-shouts-fk-trump-tony-awards-gets-standing-ovation

Support If You Can, Thank You
https://www.paypal.me/jamesmunder
https://www.patreon/JamesMunder

Handles:
GAB @1munder
TWITTER @1munder
DISCORD jamesmunder
STEEMIT @jamesmunder
BITCOIN ADDRESS:    1LHt3dfgr6s8RjihkDy89botGDGDk1ZMTG

I OPENED UP THESE ACCOUNTS BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO DO PATREON, SO I GOT A BITCOIN WALLET & PAYPAL WALLET BECAUSE OF THE DEMONITIZATION AYPOCALYPSE. Thank You For Supportting Real People like me

The Link Below Will Help You To Support JAMES MUNDER & THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION:

Link https://www.patreon/JamesMunder Link

BACKUP CHANNEL THE RESEARCH REVOLUTION. MAKE SURE SUBSCRIBE. Thank you God...

01:27

Whats New on Coursera for Business May 2018 "IndyWatch Feed Education"

May was a great month for new content on Coursera for Business with 51 new courses and 7 specializations. Here are the top 5 were most excited about:

1. Blockchain (SUNY) Gain the foundational knowledge to do more than trade and mine cryptocurrencies. The Blockchain specialization will teach you to create new nodes on a blockchain, design your own smart contracts, and develop distributed applications.
  2. Machine Learning and Reinforcement Learning in Finance (NYU) A first on Coursera for industry-focused applications of machine learning, this Specialization aims to re-skill and up-skill workers in the rapidly changing finance industry.
  3. Networking and Security Architecture with VMware NSX (VMware) VMware is launching their first course, in which learners can learn about using their NSX suite for virtualization and automation.
  4. Applied Data Science (IBM) This Specialization works towards a Certificate in Applied Data Science from IBM with fundamental programming tools using Python.
  5. The Art of Sales: Mastering the Selling Process (Northwestern) Were happy to announce the relaunch of our popular Sales specialization through Northwestern Kellogg School of Management as an upgrade from the popular and well-rated Sales course from the University of Chicago.

Here are the rest of the new courses and specializations:

Business Courses

01:20

Large Passenger Bus Companies in Brazil Start Accepting Three Cryptocurrencies "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Large Passenger Bus Companies in Brazil Accept Three Cryptocurrencies

Two major passenger bus companies in Brazil have started accepting cryptocurrency payments for ticket sales. The companies say they are the first in the sector to accept crypto payments in the country. One of them has more than 800 buses; the other claims to have the newest and most modern fleet in Brazil.

Also read: Yahoo! Japan Confirms Entrance Into the Crypto Space

Three Cryptocurrencies

Large Passenger Bus Companies in Brazil Accept Three CryptocurrenciesTwo public transportation companies of the GBS Group have decided to accept payments in cryptocurrencies. Brasil Sul and Viao Garcia both started accepting BTC payments for online ticket sales on June 6. The crypto payment option has already been added to their websites.

The companies wrote, In the country, it is the first group of passenger transports to accept crypto payments, adding that:

The group opted, initially, to use bitcoin (BTC), the most popular virtual currency on the market today[and] by July, two other cryptocurrencies will be accepted: bitcoin cash and litecoin.

01:15

Actor Vince Vaughn Arrested on Suspicion of DUI: Reports "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Actor Vince Vaughn was arrested this weekend on suspicion of driving under the influence and resisting arrest according to multiple reports. Cops in Manhattan Beach California say the star of hilarious hits like Wedding Crashers and The Internship was driving with a passenger in the car when they were stopped at a sobriety checkpoint in Hermosa Beach, just south of Los Angeles. InsideEdition.coms Mara Montalbano (https://twitter.com/MaraMontalbano) has more.

01:15

Parody # 27 with Kent Dunn "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

pbince Gepubliceerd op 11 jun. 2018 GEABONNEERD 3,9K Please subscribe button to see new video Email for contact only pbince@gmail.com My Thai channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPlk My facebook fanpage https://www.facebook.com/Pbince-25007 ********************************************************************* A new Continue Reading

Het bericht Parody # 27 with Kent Dunn verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

01:04

Binance Has Quadrupled Its User Base Since January, Will Launch EUR Pairs "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The last six months have seen the cryptocurrency market endure a steep decline and many casual investors turn their attention elsewhere, but for exchange operator Binance it has been a period of unmitigated growth. The company, which operates one of the worlds largest cryptocurrency exchanges, reports that its user base has quadrupled since the beginning Continued

The post Binance Has Quadrupled Its User Base Since January, Will Launch EUR Pairs appeared first on CCN

01:01

Civil Rights Leader Medgar Evers Was Killed 55 Years Ago in Mississippi "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

June 12th marks a sad anniversary in Americas civil rights history. On that date in 1963, Medgar Evers, an activist and field secretary for the NAACP, was shot in the back outside his home in Jackson, Mississippi. Evers funeral became a rallying point for the civil rights movement, and Martin Luther King helped lead the procession. In 2017, the Medgar and Myrlie Evers House was designated a National Historic Landmark.

01:00

01:00

Toothless: On the Dentist, Powerlessness, and Pnin "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Otto Dix, Mdchen vor dem Spiegel, 1921.

Sometimes I wonder what Id look like without any teeth left in my head. Lips turned inward on themselves, gums a shocking pink. My throat a cavern that empties forever downward, and my body hollow, without purpose or power. Mine would not be strong gums, like a baby has, with nascent teeth budding just below the surface. Mine would be a mouth of death, as soft and pliant as dirt tossed loosely on a grave.

Clearly, I have some feelings about my teeth.

When I was a teenager, my parents divorced and stopped making dentist appointments for meIm not sure whether this was a miscommunication between them or if, as I distantly recall, they both decided I ought to take on the responsibility myself once I reached fourteen, even though I couldnt yet drive and was afraid of making phone calls to strangers. Either way, I didnt go, and my teeth have been a mess ever since. 

Or maybe the problems started even earlier than that. The night before Easter, when I was about four and a halfold enough to have a whole set of baby teeth but young enough that I cant quite rememberI rolled down my grandmothers front steps, knocking loose my incisors and canines, filling my small mouth with blood. The afflicted teeth turned gray and eventually fell out, but they were replaced by healthy adult teeth to no ill effect. Well, unless you count the fact that years later, when I was drugged in a Russian bar, I broke half of my left incisor back off again, to be replaced with a very clever half crown. But that, of course, is less a matter of cause and effect than one of legacy: Your particular luck will keep coming back for you. It will find you wherever you go.

Since I started going to the dentist again, Ive had a lot of cavities. A new one (or two or three) is discovered almost every time I make an appointment. Each new dentist tells me about something I havent been doing right, offering a technique or tool I shouldve started using years ago. Has no one ever suggested this to you before? they ask, with the cadence of someone gently inquiring how Ive never been arrested...

00:49

New items Military Surplus Chicken Tenders, Lamb Sirloin and more| Buy cases and get can free "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Meat prices have been on a tear...

Here is an opportunity to lock in prices for 25+ years by buying the top rated, military surplus products manufactured by a defense contractor for Military. We bring to you items never before introduced in the market !!

We also bring you an exciting offer to go with it, BUY MORE SAVE MORE.

• Buy 2 cases, get 1 can free
  • Buy 3 cases, get 2 cans free
  • Buy 4 cases, get 3 cans free
  • Buy 5 cases, get 4 cans free

Note:...

New items Military Surplus Chicken Tenders, Lamb Sirloin and more| Buy cases and get can free

00:48

Radiation emitted from smart meters 100 times greater than cell phones and exposure is constant, doctors warn "IndyWatch Feed Health"

(NaturalNews) Energy companies are billing them as the green solution to traditional meters. But are so-called smart meters really all that smart? And, more importantly, are they really as safe as were all being told they are? Some 65 million American homes already have them, and more are being converted all the time, even against the will []

The post Radiation emitted from smart meters 100 times greater than cell phones and exposure is constant, doctors warn appeared first on Health Nut News.

00:45

LA Bitcoin Trader Faces 30 Months in Jail for Illegal Money Business "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A 50-year-old woman, who traded bitcoin as "Bitcoin Maven," faces 2.5 years in jail for having run an illegal money transmitting business.

00:33

Swiss Vote Down Sovereign Money Referendum That Commentators Compared to Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Switzerlands sovereign money referendum, which failed yesterday, would have created a non-debt based economy a system some compared to Bitcoin

00:27

Eat Mangoes For Gut Health Study Reveals "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Mangoes Gut

By Mae Chan

Next time you suffer from constipation, you may want to consider grabbing a mango instead of reaching for a fiber supplement, suggests a new Texas A & M University pilot study published in the peer-reviewed journal Molecular Nutrition and Food Research.

Mangoes may very well be the king of all fruits. They fight cancer, alkalize the body, aid in weight loss, regulate diabetes, help digestion, clean your skin, and make the perfect snack.

Nutrition chart
One cup of mangoes (225 gms contain) contains the following percentages that apply to daily value.
105 calories
76 percent vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster)
25 percent vitamin A (antioxidant and vision)
11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention)
9 percent healthy probiotic fibre
9 percent copper (copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells)
7 percent potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
4 percent magnesium

Antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat present in mango protect the body against...

00:27

The Great Divide In America: Theres No Discussion: Youre An Idiot "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Have you noticed? Theres a Great Divide in America, perhaps as extreme as it has been since Civil War I. Theres little or no civil discourse about it. Theres no discussion about it, except, Youre and idiot!   You all know what Im talking about, because it has seemingly affected everyone The great political divide. But it goes beyond political. Its more of an outlook on life. Core belief stuff It touches on many things. I dont like to label it as left vs. right, but thats easiest I suppose. Short one syllable words. However its more complicated than that.

Original source: The Great Divide In America: Theres No Discussion: Youre An Idiot

00:16

Swiss City Plans Blockchain Voting Pilot Using Ethereum-Based IDs "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Swiss city of Zug, known for its proactive support of the blockchain industry, is launching a voting aviator which will base both polling system and residents IDs on blockchain technology. The e voting aviator, thatll Take place between June 25 and July 1, was developed as part of the citys attempts to embrace more blockchain software and will be linked with an electronic identity trial currently underway, the city government said in a statement on Friday. In July 2017, the city announced plans to establish an ethereum based application called uPort to digitize local resident ID information. The aviator phase got started in Nov and now more than 200 residents have signed up for a new service, in accordance with the announcement.

Using their digital ID, local residents will be capable to cast votes in the one off blockchain polling aviator, although the city government indicated that the vote is an advisory test and the results wont be binding. The main purpose of the test, he added, is to review the security aspects of the survey system, analyzing if platform is capable of gaining immutability, testability and traceability while maintaining voter privacy. The use case for blockchain in voting systems with its potential to remove election fraud and provide immutable records is one which has seen a notable interest both from authorities at different levels of governance and from within finance.

Nasdaq announced in Nov was developing a digital shareholder voting system based on blockchain for the South African capital markets, while Santander used the technology For shareholder voting in its cancellation AGM in May perhaps a world first. Over in Russia, Moscows municipal government announced in March that it was expanding its use of a blockchain based voting platform into the city block level. The Digital Home service allows neighbors in high rises to electronically vote and communicate on issues related to building maintenance and management. And, in the same month, the U.S. State of West Virginia established a voting aviator project for absentee voters in the military by utilizing A mobile application working on blockchain technology, while Sierra Leone also especially piloted the technology in a presidential election. Swiss flag picture via Shutterstock. The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.

Sources:
coindesk.com
announcement

00:14

CryptoDredge 0.3.0 is a New Interesting Nvidia GPU Miner "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

CryptoDredge is a new simple and highly optimized crypto currency miner software for Nvidia GPU mining rigs that supports just a few algorithms at the moment, but performance wise it looks very promising. It support the following algorithms: Allium, Lyra2REv2, Lyra2z, NeoScrypt and PHI1612 and requires Nvidia GPUs with Compute Capability 5.0 or newer (Maxwell or Pascal architecture). Currently Lyra2z support is only limited to GTX 1050 GPUs, all other algoritms should work fine on other Nvidia GPUs. Also have in mind that CryptoDredge is a closed source miner available only for windows at the moment and it comes with a built-in developer fee of 1%.

What caught our interest initially with this new miner is the claim that it is the fastest Lyra2REv2 miner, so we had to compare its performance with the most popular Lyra2REv2 ccminer from from Nanashi that most people still use when it comes to mining Lyra2REv2 on Nvidia GPUs. Well, we can confirm that we are getting around 15% better performance with CryptoDredge vs the same settings using the ccMiner 2.2-mod-r2 fork by Nanashi Meiyo-Meijin on GTX 1080 Ti. So if you are mining a coin using the Lyra2REv2 algorithm or are selling your Lyra2REv2 hashrate on NiceHash you might want to check out the CryptoDredge miner.

For more information and to download the CryptoDredge 0.3.0 NVidia GPU miner

00:14

The role of the gut micro biome in Autism "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Thank you to Dr. Greger for the video below that asks the question, What role do antibiotics play in the development and treatment of autism spectrum disorder? RELATED STORY: Scientific American: Autism prevalence jumps 16 Percent, CDC says Its less than 8 minutes and well worth your time. RELATED STORY: AUTISM EPIDEMIC: 1 in 59 []

The post The role of the gut micro biome in Autism appeared first on Health Nut News.

00:06

Bitmain Raises $400 Million in Pre-IPO Funding, Now Valued at $12 Billion: Report "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitmain, the dominant force in bitcoin mining, has reportedly raised $400 million as it gears up to go public later this year. Regional media outlet China Money Network reports that the funding round, which values the China-based firm at $12 billion, was led by Sequoia Capital China, a VC that has been quite active in Continued

The post Bitmain Raises $400 Million in Pre-IPO Funding, Now Valued at $12 Billion: Report appeared first on CCN

00:04

Newly discovered anti-tumor healing agent kicks other therapies into high gear "IndyWatch Feed Health"

By Dr. Mercola In recent years, its become increasingly apparent that the composition of microbes in your gut which is as distinct to you as your fingerprint plays an enormous role in health and disease prevention. Your gut flora influences the function of various internal organs, such as your skin, lungs, breasts, and []

The post Newly discovered anti-tumor healing agent kicks other therapies into high gear appeared first on Health Nut News.

00:02

Woman Badly Needs Empty-Handed Skills Against Robber | Active Self Protection "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Active Self Protection YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Please thank MantisX for bringing us todays video of a woman who badly needs empty-handed skills against a robber! Check them out at https://get-asp.com/mantisx or their FB page at https://www.facebook.com/MantisFTS/ I seriously DO use the system in my own dry fire training and with students on the range and you can get one at http://amzn.to/2gZjMuR. Want to see me use it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIslnlRtbJo

Sub to the ASP Extra channel for tips, drills, gear reviews, vlog, etc: https://www.youtube.com/activeselfprotectionextra and join us in the Dry Fire Challenge Facebook group! https://get-asp.com/aspdryfire

NEWS STORIES/MORE INFO:

Raw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcagd9r_sGc

News: https://get-asp.com/pxst

Suspect has been arrested: https://get-asp.com/ojdg

ASP merch is now in stock in the storego get a newly designed limited edition hat! http://get-asp.com/store

If you value what we do at ASP, would you consider becoming an ASP Patron Member to support the work it takes to make the narrated videos like this woman who badly needs empty-handed skills against a robber? https://get-asp.com/patron or https://get-asp.com/patron-annual gives the details and benefits.

Find a good instructor in your area and get some training: https://get-asp.com/directory

Attitude. Skills. Plan.

(music in the outro courtesy of Bensound at http://www.bensound.com)

Copyright Disclaimer. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

00:00

19 Old World Primitive Survival Skills Youll WISH You Knew Before SHTF "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

As survivalists, most of us are constantly honing our craft and figuring out new ways to put our skills to the test. We do this to keep our minds sharp and to make sure that we have the primitive survival skills necessary to survive in whatever situation might come our way. And sometimes, we find the best survival techniques by looking back WAY back.

Primitive Survival Skills For When SHTF

Surviving in an urban environment in the backdrop of modern technology requires very specific survival skills. That's why survivalists like us should always stay on our toes and keep abreast of what's going on in the world so that our skills can evolve and change with the times. Some skills, however, are evergreen, and that's why they're passed down from generation to generation. These primitive survival skills, combined with the right survival gear, might just save your ass in an emergency situation someday. Here is a list of some of the most important primitive survival skills you can apply to your survivalist life.

1. Make Simple Tools from Flint

Make Simple Tools from Flint |

This is where ancient survival skills can be your best friend. Long before the industrial age, humans had to survive by making their own tools from natural materials. While its no longer the norm, with practice anyone can learn to make their own tools in the wild. These tools are always going to be useful, and require nothing more than wood, rock, twine, and a bit of know-how. Check out this video to learn how you can make simple tools from flint.

2. Find Your Own Food and Water

Auckland, New Zealands Lovely & Light-Filled Bestie Caf "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Bestie Cafe on Design*Sponge

Bestie Cafe on Design*Sponge

I cant imagine it would be easy to fill the figurative shoes of a cafe that had worked to establish itself for 20 years previously, but thats exactly what Emma Lyell and Tane Williams did when they opened Auckland, New Zealands Bestie Cafe two and a half years ago. With a certain sensitivity to the 100+ year-old building, they wanted to create an inviting and cozy aesthetic while still being highly functional in the large space they had to work with. This space is one that I had dreamed of having one day, Emma begins, but never ever thought it would actually happen! Its got one of the most incredible views in the city, as well as being in the most amazingly designed arcade from the 1920s (it has been a cafe or tea room the whole time). When we heard from friends that the space was up for grabs, Tane drew up a little pitch about why we would love the cafe and what we planned to do there and to our surprise and delight we got the lease. The neighborhood is one of the most diverse and creative spots in the city and somewhere we already had worked in and loved. So it was a perfect fit.

Tane has a background in illustration and Em...

Russian Military Prepares For WW3 By Creating Giant Cloud "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The Russian military is building a massive cloud which will serve as backup internet in the event of a war. The cloud will be ready in two years and will allow Russia to survive in wartime, even they are totally disconnected.

This new move is part of the countrys ongoing modernization drive, reported The Daily Mail The intent is for Russia to survive during a major world war, one in which theyd be cut off from everyone else. The war cloud will connect to the Russian militarys vast internal network.

President Vladimir Putins top IT adviser Herman Klimenko has previously stated that during wartime the country could run on the militarys pre-existing internal network called the Closed Transfer Segment. Technically, we are ready for any action now, he told Russian TV station NTV back in March.

It was first revealed the country was creating an independent internet at the end of last year, which would operate separately from the Domain Name System (DNS) used worldwide. During a meeting of the Russian Security Council, officials discussed an initiative to create an alternative to the DNS, claiming the move could protect Russia and a handful of other nations in the event of a large-scale cyber attack. However, there is some speculation that this war cloud could be a way for Russia to launch its own malicious operations, Defense One reported at the time.

According to a new report, the country could run commercial traffic using its own internal network aptly dubbed the war cloud.  The war cloud, which is being built at a cost of 390 million rubles ($6 million/ 4.5 million), will rely on data centers all over the country and the first one has purportedly already been completed in the militarys Southern District.  The creation...

Beware: 17 Types of Preppers You Should Avoid "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Not all preppers are created equal and it's best to steer clear of preppers who will harm rather than help you. It is always good to know the warning signs so you can spot the preppers you should avoid from a mile away. Check out our list of the types of preppers you should avoid when SHTF trust us, it's for your own good.

Types of Preppers You Should Avoid

When it comes to survival and preparedness, it's true that there's strength in numbers. But there are some preppers you don't want to hitch your wagon to. In a survival situation, these people are sure to drag you down, and maybe, even put you in danger. These are the ones who make rash decisions, don't take prepping seriously, crack under pressure, or just flat-out don't know what they're doing. Have you met someone from these prepper categories before? In this article, we'll cover some of the most common preppers you should avoid and tell you how to avoid them. Check out the list below to have a more efficient prepper life.

1. The Newbie Prepper

The Newbie Prepper | Beware: Types of Preppers You Should Avoid

This prepper isn't bad, but he is new. Since he's taking his first steps in the prepper world, he will need a lot of help and may make a lot of mistakes.

Newbie preppers have a tendency to become overwhelmed with how much needs to be done. They may require continuous advice and guidance, which is a drain on your own time and energy. The desire to learn is there. But in a SHTF situation, they won't pull as much weight as they need to, and you'll be left to pick up the slack.

Are YOU a newbie prepper or know someone who is? Click here to fix that.

2. The Commander Prepper

The Commander Prepper | Beware: Types of Preppers You Should Avoid

This type of prepper uses fear, intimidation, and power to get his way. He forces others to follow his commands by pointing out his superior survival knowledge and perfect bug out plan.

But as bad as the situation might be, nobody wants to be pushed around. Having...

Monday, 11 June

23:59

*****TWISTER "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

7EFBCD2B-CD0A-46BA-B4BD-2AAA18F74938. CDC46293-8C9C-40F4-97E0-A03D187E9B55. Good way to create wicked tension on a rope for numerous uses during SHTF or ? I used a timber-hitch on the far tree. I went around the nearest tree once and through a loop and then back around the tree. A munter-hitch will make very tight alone but then comes the Twister. With very little effort you can insert a stick between the two ropes and twist the $hi+ out of it. Dont stand where it can slip and beat your brains in. To secure...

*****TWISTER

23:53

Breaking Middle East Alert Syria Gathers Thousands Of Troops "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Paul Begley YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Syria gathers troops including Hezbollah and Iraqi and Afghanistan militants putting on Syrian uniforms massing in Quintera Syria

23:53

How to sharpen your data instincts "IndyWatch Feed Education"

With recent advances in machine learning and AI research making headlines on a regular basis these days, its little surprise that data science has become an area of real mainstream interest.

It certainly makes a great career choice for the analytically minded, requiring a blend of solid programming skills and in-depth technical knowledge.

However, behind the show-stealing acts of dueling neural networks and distributed computing are some fundamental statistical practices that every aspiring data scientist should be deeply familiar with.

You can read up on the latest programming frameworks or advances in the scientific literature as required for a specific project. But there are no shortcuts towards acquiring the underlying statistical know-how that makes for an effective data scientist.

Only practice, patience, and maybe just a little learning-the-hard-way, will truly sharpen your data instincts.

The principle of parsimony

Its repeated to the point of clich in introductory stats courses, but the words of British statistician George Box are perhaps more relevant today than ever before:

All models are wrong, but some are useful

What does this statement actually mean?

It means that when seeking to model a real-world system, you necessarily have to simplify and generalise at the expense of explanatory power.

The real world is messy and noisy and difficult to understand to the finest detail. Statistical modelling therefore strives not to achieve perfect predictive power but, rather, maximal predictive power with the minimal necessary model.

This concept can appear counter-intuitive to those new to the world of data. Why not include as many terms in a model as possible? Surely extra terms can only add further explanatory power to the model?

Well, yes and no. You need only care about terms which bring with them a statistically significant increase in explanatory power.

Consider the different types of model that can be fitted to a given data set.

The most basic is the null model, which has only one parameterthe overall mean of the response variable (plus some randomly distributed error).

This model posits that the response variable doesnt depend on any of the explanatory variables. Instead, its values are entirely explained by random fluctuation about the overall mean. This obviously limits the models explanatory power somewhat....

23:44

Top Trader Tip: I trust trading cryptocurrencies on eToro "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

An interview with Popular Investor Jay Edward Smith (jaynemesis)

Jay Edward Smith has been trading since he was old enough to save up his own funds; his interest in finance and economics began during his teenage years. Jay joined eToro four years ago, growing his reputation as a leading authority on cryptocurrencies. Theyre very volatile, with far fewer traditional investors in the space, says Jay of his favourite trading asset. Even if [cryptocurrency] does dip in the short term, it just turns into a long-term position.

Having been an investor for over 9 years, what made you choose eToro as your platform for trading?

In 2012, I heard about Bitcoin; after studying it for a couple of weeks, I was hooked. By mid-2013, I had become obsessive about the potential future of the technology and was investing most of my savings in crypto. eToro was a trustworthy place where I could trade it alongside more traditional instruments, plus the social features were also really appealing to me.

What are the advantages of social trading?

Social trading is an amazing movement in finance that empowers those who would normally feel unable to benefit from the movements of global markets to be put on a level playing field.

The community on eToro is fantastic, in fact, I chat with my copiers every day. The other thing which simply cannot be ignored is the potential income as a Popular Investor. When I first joined the program, I never expected to earn more than maybe $500 a month, as a bonus to my own trading income. Instead, it was enough to allow me to leave my job to trade full-time.

What were some of the mistakes that you made as a new trader on eToro?

When my copier numbers first began increasing, I became quite nervous and concerned about ensuring I make them money as quickly as possible. As a result, my trading became sloppy. Eventually, I realised that the best way to look after their money responsibly is to trade exactly as I always have treat it like its all my own money. If I was placing $1,000,000 on this trade instead of $2,000, would I still do it? The answer now is always yes.

What advice would you give to new eToro users?

Even if you plan to trade short term, consider if the investment might be worth holding long term when the trade is not...

23:44

Low-Carb Diets DO Work, Says Doctor "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Dr. Michael Mosley says low-carb diets do work and explains why.

I have recently returned from a trip to Taiwan where everyone seemed obsessed by the Keto Diet. For those not familiar, this diet, favoured by celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Megan Fox, is a high-fat, very low-carb regime. Read more

23:39

Top Trader Tip: Anyone Could Do This "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

An interview with Popular Investor Lena Birse (Onegirl)

Lena Birse began trading on eToro just over three years ago, and at the time, had no prior expertise in finance. My main profession is being a housewife, she says. Yet, Lena found similarities between investing and her experience in managing a household, and she encourages others to give it a go as well. If youre used to managing a budget at home, you can just as easily manage a portfolio.

Which eToro tool do you consider the most important to your trading, and why?

The use of CFDs for buying stocks. I love the way you can buy bite-sized pieces of any stock. This is important as it allows me to trade with immense flexibility within my budget. This, in turn, is excellent for copiers, giving them access to this incredible market with a relatively small investment. In the past, if you wanted a portfolio of stocks like mine, you would need an account worth millions (or at least a million dollars).

Tell us about your best trade.

My best trades are ones that I have held for the long term. I am pleased to say I was an early Facebook buyer I bought right at the first dip, probably the only time I have truly caught the very bottom of a share price.

What were some mistakes that you made as a new trader?

Using leverage, trying to time the market (speculation), and trading in assets I did not fully understand. All of which I will never do again!

What lessons from other areas of your life have you been able to apply to your trading?

In trading, as in life, always learn from your mistakes. And as Warren Buffet says, Even better, learn from the mistakes of others.

What do you feel sets the great traders apart from the rest?

Two things, really. Great instincts for picking stocks, and having the right temperament...

23:38

These avocado grilled cauliflower sandwiches will make you forget grilled cheese "IndyWatch Feed Health"

(Note from Erin: I cant wait to try this sandwich but if you beat me to it, please make sure to share in the comments below!) Grilled cheese gets a decadent makeover with creamy, mashed avocado sandwiched between crispy, gluten-free cauliflower bread. If you have yet to try cauliflower bread, this easy-to-assemble recipe will become []

The post These avocado grilled cauliflower sandwiches will make you forget grilled cheese appeared first on Health Nut News.

23:33

Long Term Emergency Water Storage How Much Water Do You Need to Stockpile? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

One of the most frequently asked questions about long term water storage is how much do you need to stockpile.  I love that you can find exact numbers in gallons recommended all over the web. As if we all have the same water needs! A lot of people dont realize how susceptible our water supply ... Read more

The post Long Term Emergency Water Storage How Much Water Do You Need to Stockpile? appeared first on Primal Survivor.

23:30

Republic Arms RAP-401: Compact South African Steel "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Forgotten Weapons YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/republic-arms-rap-401-compact-south-african-steel

http://www.patreon.com/ForgottenWeapons

Cool Forgotten Weapons merch! http://shop.bbtv.com/collections/forgotten-weapons

The Republic Arms 401 was originally designed as a compact pistol for the South African Police. The country was under international arms embargo, and the police wanted to replace their assortment of Beretta 81s, PPS, and PPKs with something standardized, for use by detectives and female officers. They put out a request for an all-steel gun (they were quite specific on that) like the Astra A75. Republic Arms submitted the RAP401, and it was adopted in 1990.

In 1994, the newly elected government in South Africa ended the purchasing of new firearms, including the RAP401. This left Republic Arms looking for a market, and with the end of the arms embargo they decided to see if they could succeed on the US commercial market. In addition, they realized that the RAP401, begins stronger and heavier than really necessary for 9x19mm would be an excellent candidate for the new and popular .40 S&W cartridge. So they adapter the design for .40 caliber and exported it as the RAP440 alongside the 9mm RAP401. The guns sold reasonably well in the US thanks to their low price point but good quality, and remained in production until 2006.

If you enjoy Forgotten Weapons, check out its sister channel, InRangeTV! http://www.youtube.com/InRangeTVShow

23:30

Palmetto State Armory 224 Valkyrie AR-15 Upper Receiver: Best Long Distance AR-15 Option? "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Mrgunsngear Channel YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Full review of the PSA .224 Valkyrie complete upper receiver with 20 1 in 7 416R barrel, MLOK handguard, and 224 Valkyrie BCG. I do some shooting with the upper from 300 to 620 yards and test the accuracy with 3 different Federal 224 loads.

If youre looking for a specific link to a product in the video please message me at Facebook.com/Mrgunsngear

www.Mrgunsngear.com

Empire shirt: http://bit.ly/2rhIHwi

Forged From Freedom Shirts:
https://goo.gl/QsLoK8

1776 United shirts: (use code 1776Mrgunsngear for 10% off):
http://bit.ly/2rCn5PW

Grunt Style shirts (use code gsambassador for 10% off)
New

www.facebook.com/mrgunsngear

Mrgunsngear patches/stickers: https://patriotpatch.co/collections/mrgunsngear

My Amazon store:
https://www.amazon.com/shop/mrgunsngear

www.Instagram.com/Mrgunsngear

www.twitter.com/mrgunsngear

Music by Machinima & Epidemic Sound

Disclaimer: These videos are strictly for educational and entertainment purposes only. Imitation or the use of anything demonstrated in my videos is done AT YOUR OWN RISK. All work on firearms should be carried out by a licensed individual and all state and federal rules apply to such.  We (including YouTube) will not be held liable for any injury to yourself or damage to your firearms resulting from attempting anything shown in any our videos. I do not endorse any specific product and this video is not an attempt  to sell you a good or service. I am not a gun shop and DO NOT sell or deal in Firearms. Such a practice is heavily regulated and subject to applicable laws. I DO NOT sell parts, magazines, or firearms. These videos are free to watch and if anyone attempts to charge for this video notify us immediately. By viewing or flagging this video you are acknowledging the above.

Fair Use: In the rare instance I include someone elses footage it is covered in Fair Use for Documentary and...

23:28

Top Trader Tip: Start for Free With a Demo Account "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

An interview with Popular Investor Wayne Ryan (goodgoing)

I think my initial investment on eToro was probably around $1000, says Wayne Ryan, reminiscing on his humble start just over three years ago. Today, Wayne is one of the platforms top-performing traders, with a strong following of over 27,000 users.

Which eToro tool do you consider the most important to your trading, and why?

The eToro mobile app. Its crucial for trading when you are on the move. Having non-stop access to the markets, day or night, cannot be understated. The mobile app allows me to see charts in real time and set alerts to notify me if I am near key levels of support and resistance.

Tell us about your best trade.

I dont really have a best trade. However, I do have a specific day when I had several great trades that were set in motion leading into the UK referendum. I traded for 24 hours straight, without sleep, during the 16th and 17th of June, 2016. Perhaps fifty or so successful trades were made before, during and after the immediate vote. All trades were selling the Cable.

What was a mistake that you made as a new trader?

Allowing emotions to influence my trading. With time and experience, I have been able to disconnect my emotions from all my trades.

Which lessons from other areas of your life have you been able to apply to your trading?

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Studies. A large part of my studies was learning financial management and accountancy. These skills have been essential in maintaining a low-risk approach to trading, and for clever money management not just for my own account, but now for my many copiers too. Marketing has also played a key role in helping me to promote myself on the platform, and to communicate effectively with both followers and copiers alike.

What do you feel sets the great traders apart from the rest?

Obviously, great traders require the skill set to perform well, whether thats specific to a particular instrument, or as a general approach. To be a great trader requires a steadfast confidence in your ability and in the techniques you use.

What is your personal motto?...

23:28

Breaking: Singapore Summit (Finland Secret Meetings) Going Great! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Paul Begley YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

President Trump is leaving Singapore 12 hours earlier than scheduled because the (Pre-Negotiations) In Secret Finland meetings went great, this is a done deal

23:20

Crypto and Virtual Reality Meet in Ken Lius Science Fiction "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Crypto and Virtual Reality Meet in Ken Liu's Science Fiction

Science fiction writer Ken Liu has written an important short story, Byzantine Empathy, weaving as central to the narrative cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology. Finally, crypto breaks out of its ghettoization in popular fiction, where it has been the plaything of terrorists and drug dealers, and instead has been used as an elegant background to a larger point. We caught up with Mr. Liu to ask him more about his motivations for bringing such a technical topic into the science fiction community. 

Also read: Fidelity Investments Hints at Entering Cryptocurrency Exchange Space

Author Ken Liu Has Coding Street Cred

No less a personage than Bitcoin core (BTC) developer and ecosystem rockstar Jimmy Song praised science fiction writer Ken Liu as one of the best coders hes ever worked with. Mr. Liu describes his career as bizarre and strange leading up to his foray into professional fiction writing. Hes coded for Microsoft and various startups, and then decided to earn a Juris Doctorate and try his hand at corporate tax law. Hes also an award-winning Chinese language translator, bringing leading science fiction from the East to the English speaking world. All of these pursuits led him to his recent short story, Byzantine Empathy. Its at the sweet spot of Mr. Lius many forms of mastery: code, law, language. Its also a literate take on cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology, which are integral to the story as essential parts.

Twelve Tomorrows i...

23:19

Top Trader Tip: Share Information and Learn From Others "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

An interview with Popular Investor Wesley Warren Nolte (Wesl3y)

Im able to absorb information and make decisions based on many sources of information very quickly, says Wesley Warren Nolte about his trading abilities. The [eToro] platform is open, so you have a place where people can share information. This kind of collaboration, unique to our social trading community, is one of the many reasons why Wesley prefers eToro.

After being an investor for over 15 years, what made you choose eToro as your platform for trading?

At first, I was curious about how a social network built around trading might work. Then I was hooked by the amazing UI, the amount of information I could get from others on eToro, and the CopyTrader mechanism.

What are the advantages of social trading?

The eToro community is great, and I engage with my copiers quite a lot. When I post a piece of information about something Ive found useful, there is almost always an interesting conversation that follows. Quite often, Ill learn a bit more about that topic. Learning is a never-ending process, and I feel that being part of an intelligent community accelerates that process.

What were some mistakes that you made as a new trader on eToro?

I got burnt badly by not doing my research on those that I copied, I used leverage too heavily, and I was impatient.

What advice would you give to new eToro users?

Be patient; the markets go down as well as up, so expect to be in the red sometimes. Find great traders, and try to learn from them by copying their trades.

What is your take on cryptocurrencies?

They will change the world in so many ways. These are global currencies no longer owned by any country, which could have huge implications for politics and the way our world works. Eventually, some crypto-based marketplaces will allow people to trade anything for anything else, with almost no cost to either party. Imagine selling your old iPhone for 2.5 months worth of electricity, or your old furniture for a partial investment in a new building development Its mind-bending, but very cool.

How do you think the long-ter...

23:03

Who are the Crypto Investors? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Investment in cryptocurrencies has grown exponentially over the past few years. eToro takes a look at the people behind these figures to see who is investing in these online currencies.

Looking at data from March 2017 February 2018, we analysed the profiles of those investing in cryptocurrencies, from age to gender to job sector. This brought up some interesting results such as that most investors have little to no previous experience and many are students or working in sales/marketing roles.

Find out more about who the crypto investors are below:

etoro

*Cryptocurrencies are a highly volatile investment product. Your capital is at risk.

About the Author: Mati Greenspan is a Senior Market Analyst at eToro

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article do not represent the views of NewsBTC 
or any of its team members. NewsBTC is neither responsible nor liable for the accuracy of 
any of the information supplied in Sponsored Stories/Press Releases such as this one.

The post Who are the Crypto Investors? appeared first on NewsBTC.

23:01

The Moscow Stock Exchange is Preparing to Display ICO Market Data "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Moscow Exchange, Russias largest stock exchange operator, is reportedly preparing the infrastructure to publish ICO (initial coin offering) information for investors this year. Moscow Exchange (MOEX) chief executive Alexander Afanasiev told Reuters that the bourse is preparing the basic infrastructure to enable companies display their tokens alongside other relevant details in a service that Continued

The post The Moscow Stock Exchange is Preparing to Display ICO Market Data appeared first on CCN

23:00

All of the Ways Underground Bunkers Can Kill You "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

All of the Ways Underground Bunkers Can Kill YouWhen people think of crazy preppers, they often think of underground bunkers, full to the brim with supplies, locked up beneath a Fallout-style hatch. But few of us have, or Read More

What Would Happen to Crypto In a Global Market Meltdown? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

CoinDesk advisory board director Michael Casey takes a look at the state of investor psychology as it relates to the crypto markets today.

A Few Words to the Graduates "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The following is taken from David Sedariss commencement speech at Oberlin College and Conservatory.

Thank you so much for having me and for presenting me with this honorary degree. Its not necessarily better than the one I earned by going to classes and putting myself into debt, but Im trying to collect a stack of them before I die, so I really appreciate it. And congratulations, graduates. This is quite an accomplishment.

Like most of you, I am incredibly grateful for the education I received. A good public school followed by college. I went to three in all, looking for the right fit. The first two were okay, I guess, but midway through my sophomore year, I got heavy into drugs and dropped out. Everyone said that was itId made an irreparable mistake at age twenty and could never correct it. But I did. The place that I eventually graduated from, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, has its qualities but is nowhere near Oberlin when it comes to academics. It might be different now, but in 1984, if you could draw Snoopy on a cocktail napkin, you were in. I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in 1987, when I was thirty.

Our commencement speaker was a conceptual artist named Vito Acconci. Hed done a lot but was best known for constructing a wooden ramp in a New York gallery. Then he hid beneath it and masturbated for several weeks without stopping. Well you could do that! my mother said when I explained to her who he was. I mean, isnt that the goal? Doing what you love and getting paid for it! I dont think she understood a word of the mans commencement address. Im not sure I did either. In preparing for today, I asked myself what he might have said that would have had an effect on my future. 

I figured my post-college life would be pretty much like the one Id been leading for the past decade: work some little job I didnt have to put much thought into, then come home and do my own stuff. It was the life that most of my friends led, and half my family. My sister Gretchen went to RISD for painting. Then there was Amy at Second City. And boy, did our father give us grief about it. Art or comedy is all well and good, but you need to find something to fall back on, h...

22:50

ejemplo de carta de recomendacion familiar "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

ejemplo de carta de recomendacion familiar

black and white party invitations free "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

black and white party invitations free

college recommendation letter samples from teacher "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

college recommendation letter samples from teacher

sample of reference letters for employment "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

sample of reference letters for employment

22:50

powerpoint pitch book template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

powerpoint pitch book template

free photo birthday invitations "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

free photo birthday invitations

calculate a credit card payment "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

calculate a credit card payment

release documentation template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

release documentation template

free downloadable birthday greetings "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

free downloadable birthday greetings

paying extra on student loans calculator "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

paying extra on student loans calculator

downloadable ncaa tournament bracket "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

downloadable ncaa tournament bracket

poster design template free download "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

poster design template free download

calculate credit card interest "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

calculate credit card interest

making a happy birthday banner "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

making a happy birthday banner

what is another word for participate "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

what is another word for participate

memorial service slideshow powerpoint template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

memorial service slideshow powerpoint template

essential business letter elements include the "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

essential business letter elements include the

personal calling card examples "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

personal calling card examples

filling out direct deposit form "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

filling out direct deposit form

birthday party invitation download free "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

birthday party invitation download free

50th birthday party invitation template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

50th birthday party invitation template

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog