IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Friday, 15 June

01:21

Overstock Sees $120,000/Week in Cryptocurrency Revenue as Stock Surges 11% "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Jonathan Johnson, a member of the board of directors of Overstock, the $1 billion online retailer based in the US, has stated that cryptocurrency is a much better payment method than credit cards for merchants. Significant Resources Required Due to buyer protection and the centralized aspect of credit card networks, it is possible for buyers Continued

The post Overstock Sees $120,000/Week in Cryptocurrency Revenue as Stock Surges 11% appeared first on CCN

01:14

Suicide in a Culture of Mandated Happiness Whos to Blame? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Celebrity suicides have a way of encouraging us to regurgitate tired, inaccurate narratives about mental illness, depression and what to do about it. The suicide rate, as of 2016, has surged to the highest its been in nearly 30 years, with an increase in every age group except the elderly. One person every 13 minutes dies by suicide in the United States; Americans are far more likely to kill themselves than each other. Its estimated that every suicide emotionally wounds ten other people and costs about $1 million in medical expenses and lost wages. This amounts to a public health crisis, which we have mobilized to tackle before when faced with the AIDS epidemic and the scourge of breast cancer. We can and must do the same for the suicide crisis.

As Noel Hunter said, When 45,000 people a year would rather die than live in this world any longer, it might behoove us all to consider what is happening in the world to cause this. What is happening in the world. One of the main stories we repeat to ourselves is that mental illness causes suicide. We perpetuate this idea that people who take their own lives are sick, perhaps as an unconscious way of attempting to avoid feelings of guilt or regret about what we could have done or who we could have been for the people were losing to this public health crisis. Its almost like neuroscience hasnt shown us how harmful isolation is for human beings. We then turn right around and express shock that Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, etc., were feeling so awful they were always so happy say the people closest to them.

Of course they were always happy. We live in a culture of mandated positivity and compulsory happiness, which somehow remains untouched by the current political, social, ecological and economic realities of the world. It doesnt seem to matter that unflinching optimism in the face of the dire perils of humanity is delusional denialism. It doesnt seem to matter that we live in a world where injustice is systematically rewarded and the greed of a few is lethal for many; a world in which where you were born determines more about the rest of your life than any amount of perseverance or hard work (I can anticipate the haters now, so Ill just note that, if meritocracy were real that is, if hard work was recognized and compensated proportionally the wealthiest people in the world would be women in sub-Saharan Africa who haul water for their families eight hours a day). Not to mention the recent geopolitical reminder that the only planet known to support life could be obliterated at a...

01:12

How to deploy a Blazor Application on Internet Information Services (IIS) "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Photo by Joshua Sortino on Unsplash

Introduction

In this article, we will learn how to deploy an ASP.NET Core hosted Blazor application with the help of IIS 10 on a Windows 10 machine. We will be using Visual Studio 2017 to publish the app and SQL Server 2014 to handle DB operations. We will also troubleshoot some of the common hosting issues for a Blazor application.

Prerequisites

• Install IIS in your machine
  • Install URL Rewrite module from here

Please refer to my previous article, How to create a cascading DropDownList in Blazor using EF Core, to create the application that we will be deploying in this tutorial.

Installing .NET Core hosting bundle

Since we are going to deploy an ASP.NET Core hosted Blazor application, the first step is to install the .NET Core hosting bundle in our machine.

Follow the below steps to download the .NET Core hosting bundle:

Step 1

Open https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/all

Step 2

Select the latest non-preview .NET Core runtime from the list. For this tutorial, we will select .NET Core Runtime 2.0.7.

Refer to the image below:

Step 3

On the .NET Core runtime download page, scroll down to Windows section, select the Hosting Bundle Installer link to download the .NET Core Hosting Bundle. Refer to the image below:

Once the download is finished, double-click to start installing it. You will see a window similar to the one shown below:

Important Note

1. The .NET Core hosting bundle should be installed only after installing IIS. If you the bundle before installing IIS then you need to repair the bundle after installing IIS so...

01:10

US Regulators Power Over Crypto Challenged in Court "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

US Regulator's Power Over Crypto Challenged in Court

The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) is being challenged in court over its oversight of cryptocurrencies. The defendants argue that their tokens are not commodities, with no futures contracts, which the CFTC regulates. The outcome of this case could affect the Commissions ability to police all future crypto frauds.

Also read: Yahoo! Japan Confirms Entrance Into the Crypto Space

Challenging the CFTCs Power

US Regulator's Power Over Crypto Challenged in CourtThe power of the CFTC over cryptocurrencies has reportedly been challenged in court. The case involving My Big Coin could determine whether the derivatives regulator has the authority to combat fraud associated with cryptocurrencies, Reuters reported on Wednesday.

Katherine Cooper, lawyer for the defense, explained that the CFTC should not have jurisdiction in this case, stating that our argument boils down to the fact that because My Big Coin does not have future contracts or other derivatives trading on it, it is not a commodity, and does not fall under the Commodity Exchange Act according to which the CF...

01:01

Another circular logic fail. "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Working in a gun shop is one of the most interesting jobs I've ever had. From having more loaded weapons pointed at me that I did in Iraq to meeting internet commandos in real life, but once again I met a logic failure.

Customer: The goberment is spying on everybody, tracking what you buy thorough your cell phone, just waiting to catch you breaking some law to put you in a "re-education" camp (yes he used "air quotes").

Me:...........

Customer: How about you add another twenty...

Another circular logic fail.

01:01

Rosenstein Shaking In Fear After What Key Lawmakers Just Unleashed About Him! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Screen Hoopla YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Rosenstein Shaking In Fear After What Key Lawmakers Just Unleashed About Him!

Earn Monthly Income Online Here Like Me!: http://bit.ly/TimeFreedomLifestyle

Free Shipping Screen Hoopla Trump 2020 T-Shirt!:
http://bit.ly/ScreenHooplaFreeShippingStore

Read More/ Source/ Credit(FAIR USE):

Rod Rosenstein Shaking In Fear After What Key Lawmakers Just Unleashed About Him

Latest news videos:
http://bit.ly/screenhoopla

Please Support Growing Channel- Screen Hoopla (Espanol):
http://bit./ScreenHooplaEspanol

LATEST POSTS:

Its Official! Trump Has Just Received Life Changing News 24Hrs After Kim Jong Un Meeting

Just In: California Just Passed Measure Awarding Federal Money, Benefits Who Is Shocking.

Trump Gets Last Laugh After Hillary Is Finally Being Investigated!

Former Director Demands Immunity NOW Clintons On Brink Of Going Down After Whats Handed Over

01:00

Rendezvous in the Street, Joaqun Domnguez Bcquer, 1841 "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Rendezvous in the Street, Joaqun Domnguez Bcquer, 1841

Steve Bannon May be Eyeing a Move into the ICO Space "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Not content with disrupting U.S. politics, Steve Bannon now wants to disrupt the financial system with a move into the crypto space.

Whats Queer Form Anyway? An Interview with Maggie Nelson "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Maggie Nelson defies classification. She is the author of nine books, spanning poetry, autobiography, art criticism, and theory. This week, Soft Skull Press has reissued her book of poetry, Something Bright, Then Holes. First published in 2003, Something Bright was Nelsons fifth book, and she has not published a new book of poetry since. Nelsons nexus is fluidity: gender, pleasure, desire, and the body are questioned with equal rigor as modality, criticality, and theory. Those concerns are present in Something Bright. I dont have to be ashamed of my desire / Not for sex, not for language, the narrator tells us in A Halo Over the Hospital. But in this collection, Nelsons heady, narcotic philosophizing is underpinned by a more personal vulnerability. Live with your puny, vulnerable self / Live with her, we are told.

While Something Bright, Then Holes charts many landscapesfrom the polluted Gowanus Canal, to a friends hospital room, to the inner tautologies of leave-takingthe collection centers around the issues of love and loss. What part of this autonomy / am I not supposed to like? the narrator expounds in The Mute Story of November. The self and the other (romantic, or intellectual) are like binary stars. They threaten to destroy or consume one another: Yesterday we found something very hard / at our core, a fierce acorn. I dont know / if we were born with it, or if its mass simply accrued / in the darkness.

INTERVIEWER

I wondered if you could talk about the experience of having a book reissued ten years later. Is there a sense of Didions invitation to check in on the selves we once were? An old friend come to visit? Or, the sort of estrangement that one often feels as an artist from the work that came before?

NELSON

Its a beautiful edition, so I feel very lucky. Its also sweet to me that my dear friend Tara Jane ONeil did the first cover and then did this one as well. I feel estranged from this book in the sense that it is my last book of poetrynot like, the last book of poetry I will ever write, but the last one Ive written, and its wild that a decade has gone b...

00:54

Hack G Suite using Apps Scripts in under an hour. "IndyWatch Feed Education"

Have you heard of Google Apps Script? I was introduced to it for the first time at a Google Developer Group meetup held in Bangalore.

Apps Script helps you use Googles G Suite products, by running a script similar to JavaScript. With just a few lines of code, users can get things done at a click of a button, which would otherwise take much more time.

Google Apps Scripts is very easy to pickup, and helps you to build complex systems by making use of G Suite. Users can publish web apps, and build custom functions for Google Slides, Sheets and Forms.

In this article, I will walk you through building a small app that uses Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Translate.

I built this app for travellers. When we visit foreign countries, communication becomes a problem due to language barriers. People often take flash cards with them to help communicate with locals.

Photo by Soner Eker on Unsplash

We are going to build exactly this. Questions and phrases are put up in Google Sheets. Then, a script translates the lines and writes them on to Google Slides. There!! Translated flash cards are ready to use.

Now, READY.SET.CODE

Storing data

Data here are sentences/words you want to translate. They are stored in the rows of the Google sheet.

So the structure of the spreadsheet will be:

• Each row will be filled with sentences that you want translated.
  • The second column will hold the value to tell us the language the sentences must be translated to. The value here is the Google translate language code. If I want the sentences translated in Spanish, the code will be es.
Filled Google Sheet

Accessing script editor

The script to complete the desired task is written in the Script Editor. To access this, go to Tools > Script Editor. Another way to access the Script Editor is to visit the App Scripts dashboard and create a new Apps script. All the scripts users write can be managed by t...

00:48

Fathers Survival Wisdom! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Fathers Survival Wisdom!
James Walton I Am Liberty Audio player below!

As we sit on the threshold of another Fathers Day it calls into question the idea of what fathers teach their sons and what skills you might have learned from your father as you grew up. That is most often the measure of your relationship with your father. It is hard to have a great relationship with a father who never taught you anything.

Continue reading Fathers Survival Wisdom! at Prepper Broadcasting Network.

00:47

Breaking Now: 2 Asteroids To Scrape By Earth Apocalyptic Concerns "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Paul Begley YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Apocalyptic weather as 2 Asteroids To Near Miss Earth, Hawaii Volcano, Colorado Wildfires, Quakes, Plagues, Amoeba, and more

00:46

BitcoinWisdom.io Alternative for Crypto Market Monitoring "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The website BitcoinWisdom has been available for a lot of time and many people that have been into crypto long term have used it or are even still using it, however it seems that the support and updates of that website have been missing for a long time. It seems that somebody has cloned the original Bitcoin Wisdom and has provided an alternative that brings most of the functionality of the original website and everything works better with more exchanges and trading pairs.

The new BitcoinWisdom.io website lists data from Bitfines, Bithumb, Binance, WEX, Exmo and GDAX and there are a lot of crypto trading pairs available from the supported exchanges, so you might want to check it out. We could still use some more extra data from popular EUR exchanges such as Bitstamp and Kraken in order to make it even more usable, still it works well as a complimentary data source even if it cannot completely replace the original.

You can check out the new BitcoinWisdom.io website for more information

00:34

Empathic People Process Music Differently In the Brain "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Empaths Process Music Differently In the Brain

By Southern Methodist University

People with higher empathy differ from others in the way their brains process music, according to a study by researchers at Southern Methodist University, Dallas and UCLA.

About 20 percent of the population is highly empathic. Really, to be an empath is to literally feel something in your own body that is happening in someone else. In studies, however, empaths are people who are especially sensitive and respond strongly to social and emotional stimuli.

This new SMU-UCLA study is the first to find evidence supporting a neural account of the music-empathy connection by using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to explore how empathy affects the way we perceive music. For empaths, music is not just an artistic form of expression.

The researchers found that compared to low empathy people, those with higher empathy process familiar music with greater involvement of the reward system of the brain, as well as in areas responsible for processing social information.

High-empathy and low-empathy people share a lot in common when listening to music, including roughly equivalent involvement in the regions of the brain related to auditory, emotion, and sensory-motor processing, said lead author Zachary Wallmark, an assistant professor in the SMU Meadows School of the Arts.

But there is at least one...

00:16

ItBit Exchange Adds 4 New Cryptos for Investors "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cryptocurrency exchange itBit states its received acceptance from the NY State Department of Financial Services to add four big cryptocurrencies at its trading and custody services. Additionally to bitcoin, itBit will now provide custody, escrow, and over the counter trading services for bitcoin cash, ethereum, litecoin and leading lumens, with stage trade trading to follow, based on a media release. As the first company to be granted a charter under the NY Banking Law by the NYDFS as a certified cryptocurrency exchange, its latest regulatory endorsement set new standards for whats feasible for trade platforms working in the nation. Were committed to the growth and evolution of this ecosystem, stated Charles Cascarilla, Chief executive officer and co creator of itBit.

In reference to the businesss relationship with the DFS, Carcarilla told CoinDesk in an e-mail that the DFS was very innovative in the manner in which theyve viewed the crypto asset ecosystem which looks forward to continuing cooperation in the future. In a rebrand back in 2016, the company shifted to the name Paxos, although the itBit brand was retained just for its exchange business. ItBit still functions as a separate division from the others that take a concentrate on advancing private blockchain jobs like Bankchain. Just last month, Paxos closed a $65 million Series B financing round led by existing investors like Liberty City Ventures, RRE Ventures and Jay Jordan.

As a cryptocurrency exchange offering many different Trading solutions, itBits enlarged license is imagined to open the doors to individuals and institutions to get crypto assets beyond only bitcoin, Andrew Chang, COO of all itBit, stated in the release. Cryptocurrency picture via Shutterstock. The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that tries for the greatest journalistic standards and complies with a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.

Sources:
coindesk.com
charter
Bankchain
closed
Cryptocurrency
strict set of editorial policies

00:15

Walmart Patent Envisions Bitcoin-Powered Electrical Grid "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Retail giant Walmart has won a patent for an on-demand electrical grid that would be powered by bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. The system, outlined in a patent awarded by the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on Thursday, is designed to help organizations better manage the energy usage of individual electrical devices. Walmart first applied Continued

The post Walmart Patent Envisions Bitcoin-Powered Electrical Grid appeared first on CCN

00:04

Sisters in CA Forced to Fight Off Random Attacker | Active Self Protection "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Active Self Protection YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

If you want to train and get better at real life self-defense, join us on the ASP Extra channel to learn how to respond to situations like these sisters in CA getting a mani pedi who were forced to fight off a random attacker! http://www.youtube.com/activeselfprotectionextra

NEWS STORIES, MORE INFO:

Raw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX8baSk9PLQ

News story from LAPD: https://get-asp.com/mglh

News story from local news: https://get-asp.com/sbpw he was charged with five felonies and a misdemeanor!

ASP merch is in stock in the storego get a newly designed limited edition phone case! http://get-asp.com/store

If you value what we do at ASP, would you consider becoming an ASP Patron Member to support the work it takes to make the narrated videos like these sisters in CA getting a mani pedi who were forced to fight off a random attacker? https://get-asp.com/patron or https://get-asp.com/patron-annual gives the details and benefits.

Find a good instructor in your area and get some training: https://get-asp.com/directory

Attitude. Skills. Plan.

(music in the outro courtesy of Bensound at http://www.bensound.com)

Copyright Disclaimer. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

00:02

Breaking Hawaii Dangerous Laze Plume Blows Inland Fog For Days "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Paul Begley YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Hawaii Volcano is producing dangerous Vog or Laze as plumes are blowing inland for days

00:00

Crypto Mining Company Responds to Android Malware Outbreaks "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A mining equipment company CEO has responded to issues raised by mining malware hacks infiltrating Amazon Fire software and Android devices saying that it is not representative of the industry. Talking to NewsBTC, he also said that more crypto mining companies are likely to get listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).

It Gives Crypto a Bad Name

NewsBTC reported yesterday that an app called ADM.Miner had been found on Android platforms, including the Amazon Fire TV, which used the hardware to mine cryptocurrencies. The app, which exploited systems that had the developer options enabled, would use up the majority of the processing power, causing the software to crash.

Josh Riddlett, CEO of EasyCryptoHunter, and avid altcoin miner said:

It gives the cryptocurrency community a bad name. Inevitably, it is not representative of the industry. It has been done for ages and it will continue to be done.

Argo Blockchain has announced plans to raise 20 million ($26.8 million) to become the first crypto miner on the LSE. The money will be raised through an IPO and the company is set to be valued at around 40 million ($53.5 million). On this news, Riddlett said:

It will be the first of many. It is a natural route these things will go down. Bigger companies will get more and more interested.

Riddletts company, which sells mining equipment, is focused on mining altcoins. He said that, in general, altcoin mining is more profitable than Bitcoin mining because youre competing against individuals rather than large-scale mining farms. Bitcoin is not ASIC resistant which means its easier for mining farms to mine it but its mining rewards decrease over time. He added:

Theres not really a very strong correlation between Bitcoin mining and price increase. Bitcoin is the hardest it has ever been but its not the most expensive its ever been. With altcoin mining, you never have the huge difficulty spikes that you have with Bitcoin.

Obelisk Taking on Mining Farms

Crypto miners Obelisk have shown their...

Politicians Say They Live In Fear As Threats Against Congress Increase "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Threats against politicians have been skyrocketing lately. Many in Congress are now living in fear, purchasing body armor and hiring armed guards to protect themselves against the people they should be serving rather than controlling.

One year after the horrific congressional baseball shooting that almost took the life of Representative Steve Scalise and former Hill staffer Matt Mika, members are keenly aware that the continued attempt to control and manipulate the public has finally put a target on their backs. The true reality is if somebody wanted to do me harm, they could probably do that with relative ease and that is sad, said Representative Chuck Fleishmann (R-Tenn.), a New York City native.

Mexican citizens have been executing politicians in the country south of the United States border.  So far, 113 political elites (or those attempting to become a political master by way of election) have been killed.

113 Mexican Politicians Have Been Killed Since September

The majority of politicians experiencing the threats appear to republican. Which just goes to show that liberals intend to use violence and theft to get people to conform to their ideas rather than use peace and voluntary interaction.

In 2016, there were 902 threatening incidents and communications against members of Congress. By 2017, the reports had more than doubled to about 2,000, acc...

In Pasadena, an Art Deco Dream with a Vibrant Checkered Ceiling "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Oftentimes the most magical, electric spaces are born of an unlimited dream bank and an abandonment of rules combined with a heavy dose of unbridled creativity. Such is the case for the gloriously revamped studio space of Margaret and Corey Bienert, a husband and wife filmmaking duo who moved to the Los Angeles area from Chicago, IL two years ago.

To craft the perfect space for Margaret and Corey to work, collaborate and recharge, the couple entrusted the design to Margarets sist...

Thursday, 14 June

23:55

Final Frontier? William Shatner Boldly Goes into Bitcoin Mining "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Star Trek actor William Shatner is now representing Solar Alliance in its move to build a solar-powered bitcoin mining facility in Illinois.

23:54

2% of people have heard The Hum have you? "IndyWatch Feed Health"

It feels like Friday to me because my week has been absolutely CRAZY. So I thought we could use a story that was both interesting and a little fun. While I havent heard it, its possible that many of you HAVE. Let me know in the comments if you are one of the few and []

The post 2% of people have heard The Hum have you? appeared first on Health Nut News.

23:46

Texas shelter pit bull euthanized while giving birth, newborn puppies also put down "IndyWatch Feed Health"

This story is absolutely heartbreaking and also, quite frankly, really angered me. RELATED STORY: Shelter Pulls Dog From Death Row, Winds Up Saving 19 Lives At Once At the end of May, Dacia Anderson, an Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society(APHS) volunteer- who had tried to get answers elsewhere- shared the following story with her Facebook community (its []

The post Texas shelter pit bull euthanized while giving birth, newborn puppies also put down appeared first on Health Nut News.

23:41

America Loses When The Trade War Becomes A Currency War "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

This report was originally published by Brandon Smith at Alt-Market.com

There has been a longstanding narrative in economic circles that no matter what crisis occurs the U.S. dollar is essentially invincible. I have never been one to buy into this assumption.

Reason 1: Because I remember distinctly just before the derivatives and credit crisis in 2007/2008 the majority of mainstream economists were so certain that U.S. housing and debt markets were invincible, and they were terribly wrong. Whenever the mainstream financial media are confident of an outcome, expect the opposite to happen.

Reason 2: Because karma has a way of crushing grand illusions. When you proudly declare a Titanic unsinkable, nature or fate often tests that resolve and finds it wanting.

Reason 3: Because I understand that a primary goal of the internationalist, globalist, anti-sovereignty and New World Order crowd is to diminish U.S. economic performance dramatically, and this includes ending the reserve status and petro-status of the dollar in order to make way for a single global currency unit dictated by a single global economic administrator.

Mindless blind faith in the dollar (and U.S. treasury debt) seems to switch sides politically according to whose narrative it best suits. During the Obama administration, conservatives and Republicans witnessed unprecedented fiat currency creation and dollar devaluation by the Federal Reserve and rightly drew the conclusion that this would eventually trigger a currency crisis as various systems absorb and then regurgitate all these dollars back into the U.S. We saw the biggest foreign trading partners of the U.S. launching bilateral trade agreements that cut out the dollar as the reserve currency, and we witnessed many foreign creditors questioning the viability of U.S. debt.

Only a couple of years ago, conservatives were warning of potential disaster for the dollar caused by the bailouts and unchecked stimulus programs while leftists were staunchly defending the dollar as an immortal golden goose. Today, the roles appear to be switching, as many conservatives now defend king dollar in the wake of a Trump presidency, and adopt numerous arguments once reserved for ignorant lefty commentators.

One question that needs to be addressed is how long the curren...

23:35

Jeshua ~ The Center of the Sun of Your own Being and Soul "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Human Ascension Gepubliceerd op 13 jun. 2018 GEABONNEERD 27K Pamela channels Jeshua Website : http://www.jeshua.net/ Translation by Maria Baes and Frank Tehan Pamela: For me, the name Jeshua refers not so Continue Reading

Het bericht Jeshua ~ The Center of the Sun of Your own Being and Soul verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

23:32

Rising Land Prices Push Urban Farmer to Develop Creative Solutions to Increase Food and Land Access "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Against a backdrop of rising land prices, traditional farmers in Utah struggle to survive. However, a mix of resourcefulness and necessity is driving farmers to develop creative solutions in urban environs. Salt Lake City-based Green Urban Lunch Box (GULB) is one such endeavor that is ... Read More

23:30

Astra 600/43: A Straight Blowback 9mm for the Wehrmacht "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Forgotten Weapons YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/astra-600-43-a-straight-blowback-9mm-for-the-wehrmacht

http://www.patreon.com/ForgottenWeapons

Cool Forgotten Weapons merch! http://shop.bbtv.com/collections/forgotten-weapons

When Germany acquired a land border with Spain after the French capitulation in 1940, they took advantage of the opportunity to purchase Spanish firearms, and have them delivered across the French border to the town of Hendaye. A German inspection office was set up there for use with both Spanish arms and Unique pistols. The first purchases from Spain were Astra 300 and Astra 400 pistols the 300s were fine, but in .380 and .32 caliber. The 400 was a more suitable service sidearm, but it was chambered for the 9x23mm cartridge which Germany did not use. So in 1943, a couple of German engineers visited Astra to see about production of a pistol more suited to the Wehrmacht use.

The result was the Astra 600/43, basically a model 400 rechambered for 9x19mm. It used a Navy pattern of magazine release instead of the 400s heel release, and was generally much more what the German military wanted. Germany ordered 41,500 of them, and production began. The first delivery was in May of 1944, and a total of 10,500 were delivered to Hendaye before Allied advances into France made further deliveries impossible. These 10,500 guns were inspected at Hendaye, given WaAD20 proof marks, and distributed into the German military system. Astra continued to produce the guns through 1945 despite the inability to deliver (Germany had paid for them in advance, after all), and by the end of the war they had nearly 50,000 available.

Some were sold on the Spanish civilian market, and a few small sales were made to militaries worldwide (Portugal, Chile, Jordan, Turkey, etc) as well as the Spanish government. But the bulk of the guns remained in inventory or storage until 1951, when the West German Police adopted the gun, and bought everything Astra still had (45,350 approximately). These were later amalgamated into the Bundeswehr inventory in 1956, before being replaced by the Walther P1 in 1961.

If you enjoy Forgotten Weapons, check out its sister channel, InRangeTV! http://www.youtube.com/InRangeTVShow

23:21

National Radio Show: Erin Elizabeth talks Lyme disease, dead doctors and more "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Just yesterday I had the great pleasure of being on Conspiracies Against Wellness. To see my interview, start at the 26:07 mark. XO- Erin

The post National Radio Show: Erin Elizabeth talks Lyme disease, dead doctors and more appeared first on Health Nut News.

23:19

Antarctica lost 219 billion tonnes of ice since 2012 up from the 76 billion recorded in previous years global sea levels could be 3 feet higher by 2070 "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The Antarctic ice sheet is melting faster than ever with global sea levels rising more than a half-millimeter every year since 2012, according to scientists.
Antarctica has lost 219 billion tonnes of ice since 2012, up from the 76 billion that was recorded in previous years.
Researchers fear that if the thaw continues to increase at this rate, low-lying communities and coastal cities from New York to Shanghai could be under water by 2100.
The sharp increase is a big surprise, Professor Andrew Shepherd, of the University of Leeds in England, told Reuters.
Working among a team of 80 scientists from 14 different countries, Shepherd helped compile data for a groundbreaking climate study known as the Ice Sheet Mass Balance Inter-comparison Exercise (IMBIE).
The results were published in the journal Nature on Wednesday.
We have long suspected that changes in Earths climate will affect the polar ice sheets, Shepherd explained in a statement published by Leeds.
Thanks to the satellites our space agencies have launched, we can now track their ice losses and global sea level contribution with confidence.
Since 1992, scientists found that ice losses contributed to a sea level rise of 0.76 cm.
The West Antarctic ice sheet has lost nearly three trillion tonnes of ice during this span with a large chunk of the numbers coming in the last few years, according to research.
From 1992 to 2012, sea levels were said to be rising at an average of 0.2 mm each year due to ice loss.
The tally has since jumped to 0.6 mm a year.
According to our analysis, there has been a steep increase in ice losses from Antarctica during the past decade, and the continent is causing sea levels to rise faster today than at any time in the past 25 years, Shepherd said.
This has to be a concern for the governments we trust to protect our coastal cities and communities. A separate study also published in Nature this week found that global sea levels could be 3 feet higher by 2070 if nothing is done to curb the ice loss in the next few years.
If the West Antarctic ice sheet continues to disintegrate and ends up collapsing, then we could see an increase of more than 10 feet.
Some of the changes Antarctica will face are already irreversible, such as the loss of some ice shelves, but the...

23:15

BitLicense Charter Recipient itBit Will Become First New York Exchange to List Stellar (XLM) "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Institutional cryptocurrency exchange and BitLicense charter recipient itBit has announced that it has received approval from the New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) to list four new cryptocurrencies: ethereum (ETH), bitcoin cash (BCH), litecoin (LTC), and stellar (XLM). ItBit, which says it operates the second-largest US bitcoin trading platform by total volume, announced on Continued

The post BitLicense Charter Recipient itBit Will Become First New York Exchange to List Stellar (XLM) appeared first on CCN

23:10

Regulated Crypto Exchange Itbit Adds BCH, ETH, LTC, and XLM Products "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Regulated Crypto Exchange Itbit Adds BCH, ETH, LTC, and XLM Products

Regulated cryptocurrency exchange Itbit announced today that it has received approval from the New York State Department of Financial Services to add more cryptocurrencies to its product offerings. The company will begin offering custody, escrow, OTC trading, and exchange services for BCH, ETH, LTC, and XLM, in addition to its existing BTC offerings.

Also read: Yahoo! Japan Confirms Entrance Into the Crypto Space

Approval by the NYDFS

Regulated Crypto Exchange Itbit Adds BCH, ETH, LTC, and XLM ProductsItbit announced on Thursday, June 14, that it will start offering several new products based on cryptocurrencies other than BTC. The New York-based company wrote:

Global crypto asset platform Itbit announced today it has received approval from the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) to offer expanded trading and...

23:08

New Solar-Powered Crypto Mining Outfit Blasts Off, Backed by Star Trek's Shatner "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Star Treks William Shatner is venturing into crypto as the spokesperson for a solar-powered crypto mining facility owned by Solar Energy Alliance

23:00

ItBit Exchange Adds 4 New Cryptos for Investors "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

ItBit says it has received approval in New York state to expand its trading and custody services to include four more cryptocurrencies.

Are We All Joyceans Here, Then? "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Detail from the Penguin Modern Classics cover of Ulysses.

Are we all Joyceans here, then? the young professor asked, poking his head into the classroom doorway.

We looked back at him uncertainly. Yes, we were all here for the Ulysses seminar that met at six thirty P.M. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But to call us Joyceans seemed like a stretch. TodayThursday, January 29, 2015was only the first day. And besides, this was City College.

No article about City College is complete without the obligatory phrase the Harvard of the proletariat, which was supposedly both our schools nickname and its reputation in the mid twentieth century. By 2015, however, no one could deny that our beautiful Harlem campus was in decline. Governor Cuomo had recently slashed the budget for the entire CUNY system, with City College bearing the brunt of the cuts, and the disastrousness of this decision is difficult to convey without resorting to sodomitical imagery. That year, classrooms were so overcrowded that latecomers had to sit on the floor. One of my professors entered his office on the first day to find that his entire desk had been stolen. The humanities building still used old-fashioned blackboards, but the budget didnt provide for chalk, so professors hoarded and traded it like prison cigarettes. Most bathroom stalls didnt lock, and for several weeks the entire campus collectively ran out of toilet paper; Ill never forget the Great Toilet Paper Crisis of 2015 and the generosity it inspired in my fellow students, who shared their own toilet paper from home and never stooped to charging for it.

It was in this context that the English department decided to offer its first-ever Ulysses seminar, though they offered it as you might offer someone a home-cooked meal that youre secretly pretty sure contains broken glass. NB: This is a highly demanding course with a heavy reading load, warned the course catalog in bold italics, more like a graduate seminar than a 400-level college class. I dont think it actually said DONT TAKE THIS CLASS, but that was the obvious implication. I have since learned that our idealistic young professor w...

William Shatner Captains First Solar Powered Bitcoin Mining Operation "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

William Shatners latest role is being the spokesman for a Vancouver based company that is about to open the worlds first solar powered Bitcoin mining operation.

Shatner Fronts First Solar Powered Crypto Mining Pool

Shatner, who is idolized by Trekkies the world over for his portrayal of James T. Kirk, Captain of the starship Enterprise, may not be quite as current on burgeoning technology today as he was back in the sixties when he was beaming people up with a tractor beam, but he knows a good idea when he hears one.

The 87-year-old actor initially came into contact with the Canadian company Solar Alliance when he contracted them to put solar panels on his California home. The company which specializes in alternative energy solutions has since announced plans to build a solar-powered Bitcoin mining operation in an abandoned Illinois factory and have asked Shatner to be their spokesman.

Bitcoin mining uses computer networks to solve complex problems for which the miners are awarded Bitcoin as payment. One of the major criticisms of Bitcoin recently is the massive amount of electricity an operation uses in order to mine each coin, which also hampers miners from operating in areas where electricity costs are high. This is where Solar Alliance CEO Jason Bak found inspiration.

The project which will be based around a huge solar array to be built on the abandoned factorys 14-acre footprint. The old factory itself will be leased out as a mining pool with some parts reserved as a teaching center for solar panel installation. The company has been welcomed by the town of Murphysboro mayor, Will Stephens, who was quoted in the Chicago Tribune as saying We, like a lot of Middle America, have seen job losses because of a change in the worldwide economy.

Bitcoin Project Brings Jobs to Middle America

Whether using solar energy proves to be cost effective enough for Bitcoin Mining companies or not Illinois utility companies are compelled by state policy to buy renewable energy which makes the project economically viable with or without the mining aspect. Mayor Stephens is undeterred by Bitcoins many outspoken critics as he told the Tribune;

Best 5 Ways to Warm a Cold Frame "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Best 5 Ways to Warm a Cold FrameWhere I live in California, the growing season is generally from mid-March until Mid-October. This has more to do with the intensity of the light which shifts around the fall Read More

22:53

Being Around A Chronic Complainer Is Bad For Your Health "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The world has doesnt care about you, me, or anyone else. Its up to each and everyone of us to dictate our own path. That quote from a recent MSB comment says it all. Its so true. I learned that lesson a very long time ago. Interestingly, although the statement is very logical and common sensible, lots of people just dont get it. They apparently do not realize that to complain does no good whatsoever and will NOT change ones position in life. Not at all. In fact, it will likely worsen ones position in life! What they dont realize

Original source: Being Around A Chronic Complainer Is Bad For Your Health

22:43

How to Handle Hot Garden Hoses in the Summer Months "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Inside Edition YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.

Warm weather is here, and your kids are going to want to keep cool. But if you plan on using a garden hose, be warned. How dangerous can a hose get? Fernando Herrera, Riverside County Fire Captain, gave a mother of three some advice. The first thing you want to do is open up the nozzle, let the water flow for at least a minute and make sure that the cool water will start running before you fill the pool, said Herrera. He said to always keep the hose in the shade when it its not being used.

22:42

powerpoint 2013 template location "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

powerpoint 2013 template location

sample of organisational structure "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

sample of organisational structure

simple employee schedule template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

simple employee schedule template

theme powerpoint free download 2010 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

theme powerpoint free download 2010

basketball powerpoint background "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

basketball powerpoint background

creating email template in outlook "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

creating email template in outlook

how to create a letter template in word 2010 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to create a letter template in word 2010

employee of the month award certificate "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

employee of the month award certificate

family vacation planner template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

family vacation planner template

how to create a cv template in word "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to create a cv template in word

sample calendar of events template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

sample calendar of events template

resume format word download free "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

resume format word download free

format for daily expenses sheet "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

format for daily expenses sheet

payroll calculation in excel format "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

payroll calculation in excel format

format for invoice for services "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

format for invoice for services

microsoft word business plan template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft word business plan template

microsoft publisher photo album template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft publisher photo album template

stock fundamental analysis spreadsheet "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

stock fundamental analysis spreadsheet

course completion certificate template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

course completion certificate template

how to make a 12 month calendar in word "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to make a 12 month calendar in word

how to make a todo list in excel "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to make a todo list in excel

profit and loss account format excel free download "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

profit and loss account format excel free download

personal letter template word 2010 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

personal letter template word 2010

publisher birthday card templates "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

publisher birthday card templates

creating custom powerpoint templates "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

creating custom powerpoint templates

book manuscript format template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

book manuscript format template

credit card payment spreadsheet template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

credit card payment spreadsheet template

download microsoft word template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

download microsoft word template

employee attendance tracking template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

employee attendance tracking template

microsoft office recipe template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft office recipe template

microsoft powerpoint theme download "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft powerpoint theme download

weekly calendar with times template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

weekly calendar with times template

personal cash flow statement template excel "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

personal cash flow statement template excel

how to make your own theme in powerpoint "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to make your own theme in powerpoint

powerpoint templates microsoft 2010 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

powerpoint templates microsoft 2010

profit and loss statements template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

profit and loss statements template

office equipment list template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

office equipment list template

tri fold brochure template word 2010 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

tri fold brochure template word 2010

sharepoint 2013 search results display templates "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

sharepoint 2013 search results display templates

personal monthly budget example "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

personal monthly budget example

executive summary report example "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

executive summary report example

how to download brochure template on microsoft word "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

how to download brochure template on microsoft word

beach vacation checklist template "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

beach vacation checklist template

microsoft powerpoint background templates "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft powerpoint background templates

excel template for daily expenses "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

excel template for daily expenses

microsoft publisher newsletter templates free download "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

microsoft publisher newsletter templates free download

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog