IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Sunday, 12 March

14:29

Coconut Water Reduces Body Weight and Blood Sugar GreenMedInfo

Fresh coconut water is a staple in many diets around the world, including those of India and other tropical countries. But it goes beyond being a refreshing, thirst-quenching drink. Here's a rundown of its research-backed benefits, such as decreased blood glucose and body weight for improved health

read more

12:30

The God of All Comfort Medical Kidnap

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound to us, even so our comfort also abounds through Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)

by Brian Shilhavy

On October 28, 2017, in an article titled Brian Shilhavy: 40 Years Later Im Still Here, I wrote:

To everyone in America reading this let me give you my advice after serving God as a disciple of Jesus for almost 40 years now. Change is coming. It is inevitable. If you are not suffering now, if your life is not falling apart now, just wait.

Look at everything you currently depend upon, everything you cherish, and be prepared to lose it.

If that was true almost 6 years ago now, how much truer is it today?

Above my desk is a single Bible verse I have printed out and hung on my wall that serves as a daily reminder of just where my priorities and loyalty need to be:

Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:33)

Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ? See:

How to Determine if you are a Disciple of Jesus Christ or Not

If you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, you were not born into this world to be happy, or to live the good life.

Thats the lie that is called the American Dream and that is primarily taught by Corporate Christianity. See:

The American Dream was Always a Lie The Path of Christ is a Lonely, Difficult One

If you are a true disciple of Jesus Christ, you were born into this world to do battle against the evil world system, and to suffer for doing so.

In the Bible it is called The Way and i...

12:30

The God of All Comfort Vaccine Impact

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound to us, even so our comfort also abounds through Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)

by Brian Shilhavy

On October 28, 2017, in an article titled Brian Shilhavy: 40 Years Later Im Still Here, I wrote:

To everyone in America reading this let me give you my advice after serving God as a disciple of Jesus for almost 40 years now. Change is coming. It is inevitable. If you are not suffering now, if your life is not falling apart now, just wait.

Look at everything you currently depend upon, everything you cherish, and be prepared to lose it.

Above my desk is a single Bible verse I have printed out and hung on my wall that serves as a daily reminder of just where my priorities and loyalty need to be:

Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:33)

If you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, you were not born into this world to be happy, or to live the good life.

Thats the lie that is called the American Dream and that is primarily taught by Corporate Christianity. See:

The American Dream was Always a Lie The Path of Christ is a Lonely, Difficult One

If you are a true disciple of Jesus Christ, you were born into this world to do battle against the evil world system, and to suffer for doing so.

In the Bible it is called The Way and i...

12:09

The God of All Comfort Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

If you are a true disciple of Jesus Christ, you were born into this world to do...

11:33

Regarding the Quote It Is No Measure of Health Mad In America

From Krishnamurti Foundation Trust: The nearest direct quote from Krishnamurti we have found, from Commentaries on Living Series 3 (1960), written in the early 1950s, is:

Is society healthy, that an individual should return to it? Has not society itself helped to make the individual unhealthy? Of course, the unhealthy must be made healthy, that goes without saying; but why should the individual adjust himself to an unhealthy society? If he is healthy, he will not be a part of it. Without first questioning the health of society, what is the good of helping misfits to conform to society?

Additionally:

To help the individual to fit into a society which is ever at war with itself is this what psychologists and analysts are supposed to do? Is the individual to be healed only in order to kill or be killed? If one is not killed, or driven insane, then must one only fit into the structure of hate, envy, ambition and superstition which can be very scientific?

The origin of this quote being assigned to Krishnamurti is probably a book written by Mark Vonnegut (Kurt Vonneguts son) about his mental illness (The Eden Express: A Memoir of Insanity) . . .

Aldous Huxley, a close friend of Krishnamurtis, also wrote a passage that is similar, contained in his book Brave New World Revisited (1958):

The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted.

There is also a very similar quote from Henry Miller (who was inspired by Krishnamurti), from his travelogue The Colossus of Maroussi (1941):

There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy.

Article

11:00

Strategies to Optimize Mitochondrial Health in Long COVID Articles

The video above features a recent lecture I gave to the American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) on how to optimize your mitochondrial health and function.

Mitochondrial dysfunction is at the root of most all chronic diseases, and it also plays a crucial role in conditions such as long COVID, which is becoming quite common. Its also a root factor that must be addressed in COVID jab injuries, regardless of symptoms or severity.

Features of the post-jab injuries we see point to severe mitochondrial dysfunction, which in turn causes energy failure. The same goes for long COVID in people who struggle with unrelenting fatigue and other symptoms for months after theyve recovered from COVID-19 infection.

If you can improve your mitochondrial function and restore energy supply to your cells, youre going to massively increase your odds of reversing the problems caused by the jab or the virus.

US Life Expectancy Falls in Historic Decline

Allopathic medicine has been a leading cause of death in the U.S. for over two decades. In 1998, researchers concluded that properly prescribed and correctly taken pharmaceutical drugs were the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S.

Two years later, in 2000, Dr. Barbara Starfield published her groundbreaking paper, "Is US Health Really the Best in the World?"1 in which she provided data showing that medical errors by doctors were the third leading cause of death. Little has changed since then.

In 2016, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts calculated that more than 250,000 patients died each year from medical errors, again pegging it as the third leading cause of death.2

In July 2022, the National Institutes of Health concluded the annual death toll from medical errors could be as high as 440,000 and possibly even more because of lack of reporting making it, still, the third leading cause of death.3

In future years, I believe the medical intervention sold as "COVID vaccines" will prove to be the No. 1 killer of Americans, and were already seeing that trend. Something extraordinarily odd happened in 2020 and 2021, something that shaved nearly three years off the life expectancy in the U.S.4

Even a tenth or two-tenths of a year mean decline in life expectancy on a population level is a big deal, as it means a lot more people are dying prematurely than they really should be. A three-year drop is simply unheard of.

While media blame thi...

Common Cold May Trigger Positive COVID-19 Antibody Test Articles

From Dr. Joseph Mercola

Since COVID-19 first entered the scene, exchange of ideas has basically been outlawed. By sharing my views and those from various experts throughout the pandemic on COVID treatments and the experimental COVID jabs, I became a main target of the White House, the political establishment and the global cabal.

Propaganda and pervasive censorship have been deployed to seize control over every part of your life, including your health, finances and food supply. The major media are key players and have been instrumental in creating and fueling fear.

I am republishing this article in its original form so that you can see how the progression unfolded.

Originally published: July 30, 2020

Right now, there are three types of COVID-19 tests:1

• Molecular Also known as a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test, this test detects whether genetic material of the virus is present in the sample collected from your throat or sputum (the back of your sinuses)
  • Antigen This test, sometimes referred to as "rapid test," detects viral proteins
  • Antibody Also known as a serology test, it detects the presence of antibodies in your blood

The first two, molecular and antigen, are so-called "viral tests" that detect active infections, whereas the antibody test will tell you if you've developed antibodies in response to a previous coronavirus infection. It typically takes your body one to three weeks after an infection clears to start making antibodies against the virus in question.

Common Cold Can Trigger Positive COVID-19 Antibody Test

Each of these COVID-19 tests have their issues and controversies. The problem with antibody testing is that there are seven different coronaviruses known to cause respiratory illness in humans.2 Four of them cause symptoms associated with the common cold:

• 229E
  • NL63
  • OC43
  • HKU1

In addition to the common cold, OC43 and HKU1 two of the most commonly encountered betacoronaviruses3 are also known to cause bronchitis, acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pneumonia in all age groups.4 The other three human coronaviruses which are capable of causing more serious respiratory illness are:

• SARS-CoV
  • MERS-CoV
  • SARS-CoV-2

The tricky part is that the antibodies creat...

Fake Meat Dangers With Dr. Joseph Mercola Articles

At face value, fake meat sounds like the perfect solution to end world hunger, protect animal welfare and save the planet from environmental destruction. Even a brief look below the surface reveals a much more nefarious reality, however.

To help raise awareness about this latest assault on human health, I recently spoke with host Polly Tommey on "Tea Time," a program by Children's Health Defense, about the dangers of fake meat products.1

Fake Meat Is All About Controlling the Food Supply

Fake food including lab-grown meat, animal-free dairy and plant-based meat is the globalists' latest attempt to control the food supply. Former U.S. Secretary of State and national security adviser Henry Kissinger once said, "Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control people."2 Controlling people is their whole agenda.

The globalists have long held a monopoly on the grain industry with their patented genetically modified organisms (GMOs). In the early 2010s, not many people knew about GMOs. In 2011, we started to educate the public about their dangers, as they posed a major threat to public health and the environment.

In 2012, a ballot initiative was launched in California to require mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) foods and food ingredients. The initiative was narrowly defeated due to massive donations from multinational corporations, but we won in the long term because awareness of GMOs in the food supply significantly increased. Now, most health-conscious people avoid GE/GMOs.

A similar trend is now occurring with fake food. The globalists are trying to replace animal husbandry with lab-grown meat, which will allow private companies to effectively control the entire food supply.

Fake Meat Is Even Worse Than CAFOs

Many people are aware of the pitfalls of concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs) unnatural diets of GMO grains, crowded conditions, inhumane treatment, excessive pollution and rampant spread of disease. CAFOs are bad but the new fake food era is going to be even worse.

With their patented fake meat products, the globalists will have unprecedented control over people's health.3 It sounds noble to try to provide for the entire world's population using animal-free methods, but it's a deception.

Will Harris is a regenerative farming pioneer who runs White Oak Pastures in Bluffton, Georgia. He produces high-quality grass fed products, including beef and other animal products, in a way that's good for consumers, the environment and the financia...

10:45

Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, March 11, 2023, #396 Geoengineering Watch

Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org From flash freezes to flash floods, climate intervention operations are nothing less than weather warfare. The climate engineers are chemically cooling the continental US wherever and whenever they have enough atmospheric moisture available. Endothermic reacting elements are seeded into cloud canopies to initiate manufactured winter weather operations, flash surface cool-downs are the result. Patented processes

10:11

As Time Went By Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

D5017056-E0F9-40A5-819A-37DF14A9E88BBy Cathy Jameson

In an October 2020 post, I wrote, As time goes by, well certainly learn more about the coronavirus and any long-term effects it may have.  Thatll hopefully include learning about the quarantine precautions we were asked to take, too.  Evidence already shows that some precautions have had detrimental effects, including an increase in mental health.

A recent paper, which included results of the fear of contagion and its behavior, focused on a younger population.  Authors of that paper, which was revised in October 2022, shared that, The main conclusion reached by this manuscript is that, as the existing specific literature has already shown, COVID-19 has had different negative psychological consequences among certain vulnerable groups, including adolescents and young adults. The results presented allow us to verify, within these psychological consequences, how the symptoms of generalized anxiety or major depression disorder are a consequence of the fear of COVID-19.  

It's terribly sad to see reports that people are sadder now than they were before.  From a recent story in The Washington Post, Joel Achenbach asks America shut down in response to covid.  Would we ever do it again? Its a quick read if you havent seen it yet.  The part that resonated the most with me was this:

the pain of the national shutdown - businesses going under, weddings postponed, protracted isolation of the elderly, learning losses among schoolkids - is glaringly obvious.  Critics of pandemic restrictions contend that the cure was worse than the disease

Plenty of us here mi...

06:57

Hepatoprotective effects of rosmarinic acid on ovalbumin-induced intestinal food allergy. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Molecules. 2023 Jan 12 ;28(2). Epub 2023 Jan 12. PMID: 36677846 Abstract Title:  Hepatoprotective Effects of Rosmarinic Acid on Ovalbumin-Induced Intestinal Food Allergy Mouse Model. Abstract:  Rosmarinic acid (RA) has been proven to exert antianaphylaxis in atopic dermatitis, asthma, and allergic rhinitis. The aim of this study was to determine the hepatoprotective effects of RA on ovalbumin (OVA) challenge-induced intestinal allergy. The results exhibited that RA could relieve anaphylactic symptoms, decrease diarrhea, and prevent hypothermia in allergic mice. Moreover, the elevation of OVA specific IgE (OVA-sIgE), histamine, and mouse mast cell proteinases (mMCP-1) in the serum of OVA challenged mice were remarkably inhibited by RA. OVA challenge resulted in notable increases in serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activities, liver malondialdehyde (MDA) and nitic oxide (NO) levels, and a remarkable decrease in liver superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity and glutathione (GSH) level. RA treatments succeeded in improving these biochemical parameters and promote the redox homeostasis. Cytokine expression evaluation showed that RA effectively enhanced the expression of anti-inflammatory cytokines (IL-10 and FOXP-3) in the liver of OVA-challenged mice. Meanwhile, the elevation of pro-inflammatory cytokines (TNF-, IL-4, IL-6, mMCP-1, and iNOS) were remarkably inhibited by RA. These findings suggest that RA possesses hepatoprotective effects on OVA challenge-induced liver injury. The anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of RA potentially play vital roles in this process.

read more

05:09

8 Ways Artificial Sweeteners Are Bad For You: Why Sugar-Free Isnt Always Healthier Natural Health News

By Matt Higgins Millions of people consume artificial sweeteners on a daily basis. From diet sodas to candies, its hard to avoid the synthetic sugar substitute. But it might be time to avoid sodas and food containing artificial sweeteners. Numerous studies over the years identify...

Continue reading...

Saturday, 11 March

22:00

Screening for Perinatal Depression: An Effective Intervention, or One That Does More Harm Than Good? Mad In America

Today, pregnant women are regularly asked about their mental wellbeing during their medical checkups, and such questioning continues during their postnatal visits to their pediatricians. The quickest assessment relies on the Whooley questions, a depression screening tool devised by Pfizer in 1993 shortly after its launch of Zoloft. It has just two questions:

During the past month, have you often been bothered by feeling down, depressed or hopeless?

During the past month, have you often been bothered by little interest, or pleasure in doing things?

An answer of yes to one of the two questions yields a positive result requiring further evaluation. If a subsequent assessment determines that the woman is depressed, she may be treated for the condition, even though prior to the screening she might not have self-identified as suffering in this way.

In the United States, such perinatal screening is widely recommended. The American Psychiatric Association (APA), the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists (ACOG), the United States Preventative Services Task Force, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) all promote it as an evidence-based practice.

According to the AHRQ, which is part of the Department of Health and Human Services, it provides a proven benefit: Depression during pregnancy can raise the risk of having a lowbirthweight baby and premature birth. Screening pregnant women for depression enables health professionals to initiate services that can prevent later problems for both the mother and baby.

However, other national task forces, most notably in Canada and the U.K., have come to an opposite conclusion about the merits of perinatal screening. The U.K. National Screening Committee concluded in its 2019 review that there was not enough evidence that such screening programmes were of benefit to women and children, and that, in fact, they could do harm. False positives could lead to unnecessary treatment, and even if the screening correctly identified [women] with mental health problems, it could prove harmful to the majority, the committee wrote.

11:23

The Government May Stop Issuing Social Security Payments After the Debt Limit is Hit Medical Kidnap

by Mark Hulbert
Market Watch

Excerpts:

Theres a very real possibility the government will stop issuing Social Security payments after the debt limit is hit.

Scary as that prospect is, however, the alternative might be even worse: A little-known provision of a 1996 law could be interpreted to allow the Social Security trust fund to be used not only to pay Social Securitys monthly checks but also to circumvent the debt limit and pay all the governments otherwise overdue bills.

If that happens, any short-term relief to Social Security recipients would come with a potentially huge long-term price tag: The Social Security trust fund could be exhausted much sooner than currently projectedin just a couple of years, in fact.

These dire possibilities emerge from an analysis conducted by Steve Robinson, the chief economist for The Concord Coalition, a group that describes itself as a nonpartisan organization dedicated to educating the public and finding common sense solutions to our nations fiscal policy challenges.

An issue brief he wrote, entitled Social Securitys Debt Limit Escape Clause, is available on the groups website.

Let me hasten to add that Robinson is not advocating that the Social Security trust fund be used in this way. In an interview, he instead stressed that he wrote his issue brief because we need to be aware not only that this escape clause exists but that its use could have unintended consequences. Though hardly anyone outside Washington knows that it even exists, and relatively few on Capitol Hill, the Treasury Department and the Social Security Administration are very much aware of it.

The 1996 law...

11:23

The Government May Stop Issuing Social Security Payments After the Debt Limit is Hit Vaccine Impact

by Mark Hulbert
Market Watch

Excerpts:

Theres a very real possibility the government will stop issuing Social Security payments after the debt limit is hit.

Scary as that prospect is, however, the alternative might be even worse: A little-known provision of a 1996 law could be interpreted to allow the Social Security trust fund to be used not only to pay Social Securitys monthly checks but also to circumvent the debt limit and pay all the governments otherwise overdue bills.

If that happens, any short-term relief to Social Security recipients would come with a potentially huge long-term price tag: The Social Security trust fund could be exhausted much sooner than currently projectedin just a couple of years, in fact.

These dire possibilities emerge from an analysis conducted by Steve Robinson, the chief economist for The Concord Coalition, a group that describes itself as a nonpartisan organization dedicated to educating the public and finding common sense solutions to our nations fiscal policy challenges.

An issue brief he wrote, entitled Social Securitys Debt Limit Escape Clause, is available on the groups website.

Let me hasten to add that Robinson is not advocating that the Social Security trust fund be used in this way. In an interview, he instead stressed that he wrote his issue brief because we need to be aware not only that this escape clause exists but that its use could have unintended consequences. Though hardly anyone outside Washington knows that it even exists, and relatively few on Capitol Hill, the Treasury Department and the Social Security Administration are very much aware of it.

The 1996 law...

11:12

The Government May Stop Issuing Social Security Payments After the Debt Limit is Hit Health Impact News

by Mark Hulbert
Market Watch

Excerpts:

Let me hasten to add that Robinson is not advocating that the Social Security trust fund be used in this way. In an interview, he instead stressed that he wrote his issue brief because we need to be aware not only that this escape clause exists but that its use could have unintended consequences. Though hardly anyone outside Washington knows that it even exists, and relatively few on Capitol Hill, the Treasury Department and the Social S...

ChatGPT Friend or Foe? Articles

In a February 7, 2023, video report (above), investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald reviewed the promise, and threat, posed by ChatGPT,1,2 the "latest and greatest" chatbot powered by artificial intelligence (AI).

"GPT" stands for "generative pretrained transformer," and the "chat" indicates that it's a chatbot. The first GPT platform was end of November 2022, and it took internet users by storm, acquiring more than 1 million users in the first five days.3 Two months after its release, there were more than 30 million users.4

ChatGPT uses "machine learning" statistical pattern finding in huge datasets to generate human-like responses in everyday language to any question asked of it. It basically works by predicting what the next word in a sentence ought to be based on previous examples found in the massive amounts of data that's been fed into it.

Using ChatGPT has been described as "having a text conversation with a friend,"5 and is predicted to transform the "virtual friends" landscape by adding literally nonexistent "friends." In other words, AI systems like this one may eventually replace many of the human-to-human conversations we have on a daily basis, for better or worse.

It is also highly likely these chatbots will also replace conventional search engines, and this, unfortunately, could easily transform our world into something straight out of the 2006 sci-fi-comedy "Idiocracy."

And, while OpenAI, the creator of this groundbreaking AI chatbot, is a private company, we should not linger under the illusion that they're not part of the control network that will ultimately be ruled and run by a technocratic One World Government, because they absolutely are. Without question.

ChatGPT's Role in the Coming Slave State

Already, Google search has dramatically reduced the number of query responses you get during search. In the past, a query would generate hundreds if not thousands of pages of listings that fit the keywords entered. Today, you won't get more than five or six pages, even though in many cases there are still hundreds of thousands of corresponding webpages.

If a webpage is not on that short-list, the only way you'll ever get to it is if you know its web address. In short, the vast majority of information relating to natural health on the web is now completely censored and...

Science Explains What Happens During Menopause Articles

Most women experience menopause between the ages of 45 and 55. Described as the final menstrual period, which is typically declared final after periods have stopped for 12 consecutive months, menopause is a natural life stage that occurs when the ovaries have reduced function. Its associated with lower levels of estrogen and other hormones, and marks the period when fertility ends.1

Some women experience few or no symptoms prior to and during menopause, while others experience physical and mental disturbances for months or years. As noted by the North American Menopause Society (NAMS), Each womans menopause experience is different.2

What Happens During Menopause?

Technically, menopause is the moment when ovulation and menstruation stop, coinciding with a drop in estrogen levels.3 However, the process leading up to that moment begins years earlier, during a stage known as perimenopause or the menopausal transition. This stage, which may begin around the ages of 45 to 55, lasts an average of seven years, but this varies significantly, sometimes spanning a decade or more.

If a woman enters perimenopause at age 40 or younger, its considered early or premature perimenopause. This occurs in about 1% of women, for reasons unknown.4

Each womans journey is different, as during perimenopause, production of the hormones estrogen and progesterone, which are produced by the ovaries, varies.5 As estrogen levels decrease, it can lead to a variety of symptoms. According to the National Institute on Aging:6

The menopausal transition affects each woman uniquely and in various ways. The body begins to use energy differently, fat cells change, and women may gain weight more easily. You may experience changes in your bone or heart health, your body shape and composition, or your physical function.

Sometime during the mid-40s, shifting hormone levels typically begin, as egg cells, which are surrounded by granulosa cells that produce hormones, are reduced in numbers. During this time, eggs are released less frequently, leading to irregular menstrual cycles.

Perimenopause, which means around menopause, occurs as ovulation becomes less predictable, leading to changes in menstrual cycles, including longer or shorter intervals between periods, changes in flow and skipping some periods. As noted by the Mayo Clinic:...

Special Report: A Plastic Tide Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published February 15, 2020.

The catastrophe of plastic pollution is growing worse. Single-use plastic bottles and bags, food packaging, fishing nets and biosolids are turning the world's oceans, seas and beaches into tragic wastelands. Microplastics from artificial clothing fibers and microbeads in personal care products add to the devastation.

Plastic is everywhere. Bottled water, grocery bags, shower curtains, garbage can liners and kitchen utensils are just a few of the ways plastic has made its way into every aspect of our daily lives. Our throwaway mentality, bred and fed by the mass production of plastics, has created a pollution problem that now threatens the very future of humanity.

It threatens fish, birds and water supplies, including still-pristine areas completely free from industrialization. The world now produces 299 million tons of plastics a year, most of which ends up in the oceans.

Biosolids spread on cropland increase the problem as they too contain microplastics. Once called "sewage sludge," biosolids are widely used as natural fertilizer in the U.S. and other countries.

In addition to plastics, biosolids contain PCBs, dioxins, pharmaceuticals, hormones, surfactants, heavy metals and disease-causing pathogens. A hard-hitting documentary from Sky News, A Plastic Tide," showcases the urgent problem of plastic pollution and what some activists are doing about it.

Waterways Are Being Turned Into Synthetic Soup

The ocean where life on Earth began is being turned into a synthetic soup so begins a dramatic Sky News documentary, A Plastic Tide," narrated by science correspondent Thomas Moore.1 As Moore traverses from Mumbai, India, to Plymouth, London, the Netherlands, Belgium, Indian islands and Scotland, even the most ardent environmentalist will be shocked at the plastic toll.

"We are sleep walking into a catastrophe," says Moore as Afroz Shah, an activist and beach cleaner, escorts him through Mumbai streets to show him the extent of plastic pollution on a local beach. Shah and Moore agree that it is not a beach at all but a dump site, as they wade through the plastic waste and wearing yellow protective gloves. "This isn't litter dropped on the beach; it's come from the sea," says Moore.

Shah, says the documentary started the "world's biggest beach clean" with 4,000 tons of trash cleared. He says he remembers the polluted beach as a pristine swimming area...

09:45

2nd FDIC-Insured Bank in 3 Days COLLAPSES! Bank Runs, Trading Halted on Some Banks Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy
Editor, Health Impact News

Silicon Valley Bank became the second FDIC-insured bank to collapse in 3 days today. They are reportedly the 16th largest bank in the U.S., and the largest bank to collapse since the 2008 financial meltdown, and the second largest bank to ever collapse in the U.S.

While it was still not the main headline news this morning in the corporate media, a glance at the headlines as I began to write this article shows that it is apparently now getting the headline news it should receive, as bank runs are starting, and some banks suspended trading today to stop the carnage.

The Alternative Media is mostly still asleep, ranting and raving about new Jan. 6 footage and the Tucker Carlson show.

This is still a very rapidly moving story, so let me attempt to summarize everything that has happened today, so far. If you have not yet read our lead story from yesterday that broke all this news, please see:

WARNING: Big Tech Banks Collapsing! Infection Spreading to Other Sectors

First, the FDIC took over Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) today. And just a reminder, the FDIC only insures accounts up to $250,000.

Silicon Valley Bank, one of the tech sectors favorite lenders, is shutting down.

The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation announc...

09:44

2nd FDIC-Insured Bank in 3 Days COLLAPSES! Bank Runs, Trading Halted on Some Banks Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

Silicon Valley Bank became the second FDIC-insured bank to collapse in 3 days today. They are reportedly the 16th largest bank in the U.S., and the largest bank to collapse since the 2008 financial meltdown, and the second largest bank to ever collapse in the U.S.

While it was still not the main headline news this morning in the corporate media, a glance at the headlines as I began to write this article shows that it is apparently now getting the headline news it should receive, as bank runs are starting, and some banks suspended trading today to stop the carnage.

The Alternative Media is mostly still asleep, ranting and raving about new Jan. 6 footage and the Tucker Carlson show.

This is still a very rapidly moving story, so let me attempt to summarize everything that has happened today, so far. If you have not yet read our lead story from yesterday that broke all this news, please see:

First, the FDIC took over Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) today. And just a reminder, the FDIC only insures accounts up to $250,000.

Silicon Valley Bank, one of the tech sectors favorite lenders, is shutting down.

The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation announc...

09:06

2nd FDIC-Insured Bank in 3 Days COLLAPSES! Bank Runs, Trading Halted on Some Banks Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

08:30

Nrf2 inhibition sensitizes breast cancer stem cells to ionizing radiation via suppressing DNA repair. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Free Radic Biol Med. 2021 Jun ;169:238-247. Epub 2021 Apr 20. PMID: 33892113 Abstract Title:  Nrf2 inhibition sensitizes breast cancer stem cells to ionizing radiation via suppressing DNA repair. Abstract:  Radiation is widely used for cancer treatment but the radioresistance properties of cancer stem cells (CSCs) pose a significant challenge to the success of cancer therapy. Nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) has emerged as a prominent regulator of cellular antioxidant responses and its over-activation is associated with drug resistant in cancer cells. However, the role of Nrf2 signaling in regulating the response of CSCs to irradiation has yet to be defined. Here, we show that exposure of triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) cells to ionizing radiation (IR) upregulates Nrf2 expression and promotes its nuclear translocation in a reactive oxygen species (ROS)-dependent manner. Ectopic overexpression of Nrf2 attenuates, whereas knockdown of Nrf2 potentiates IR-induced killing of TNBC CSCs. Mechanistically, we found that Nrf2 knockdown increases IR-induced ROS production and impedes DNA repair at least in part via inhibition of DNA-PK. Furthermore, activation of Nrf2 by sulforaphane diminishes, whereas inhibition of Nrf2 by ML385 enhances IR-induced killing of TNBC CSCs. Collectively, these results demonstrate that IR-induced ROS production can activate Nrf2 signaling, which in turn counteracts the killing effect of irradiation. Therefore, pharmacological inhibition of IR-induced Nrf2 activation by ML385 could be a new therapeutic approach to sensitize therapy-resistant CSCs to radiotherapy.

read more

08:01

Internal Review Found Falsified Data in Stanford Presidents Alzheimers Research Mad In America

From The Stanford Daily: In 2009, Marc Tessier-Lavigne, then a top executive at the biotechnology company Genentech, was the primary author of a scientific paper published in the prestigious journal Nature that claimed to have found the potential cause for brain degeneration in Alzheimers patients. Because of this research, read Genentechs annual letter to shareholders, we are working to develop both antibodies and small molecules that may attack Alzheimers from a novel entry point and help the millions of people who currently suffer from this devastating disease.

But after several unsuccessful attempts to reproduce the research, the paper became the subject of an internal review by Genentechs Research Review Committee (RRC), according to four high-level Genentech employees at the time; two were senior scientists and two were scientists who also served as executives. Three spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the allegations and non-disclosure agreements. The scientists, one of whom was an executive who sat on the review committee and all of whom were informed of the reviews findings at the time due to their stature at the company, said that the inquiry discovered falsification of data in the research, and that Tessier-Lavigne kept the finding from becoming public.

. . . Tessier-Lavigne, who became Stanfords president in 2016, has been under investigation by the Stanford Board of Trustees since late November, after The Daily revealed concerns that several other papers he had co-authored contained altered imagery. But these latest allegations, about a different paper, are more serious because they involve what was once considered a promising treatment target for Alzheimers disease and because people involved in the review allege that Tessier-Lavigne tried to keep its findings hidden.

Article

Back to...

05:05

Forever chemicals in Plastic Packaging Start Contaminating Food Within a Week Natural Health News

By Shyla Cadogan Over the last few years, scientists are only now beginning to scratch the surface of understanding PFAS, or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances. Referred to as forever chemicals, they seem to be in everything we use on a daily basis. Now, researchers from...

Continue reading...

05:00

Whats Missing from NAMI and Pro-Psychiatry: A Lack of Lived Experience Mad In America

Recently, I had the opportunity to share my experiences as a former psychiatric patient with author Gary Null, PhD, for his upcoming documentary about psychiatry. During our conversation, I brought up the concerning fact that many leaders of the pro-psychiatry movement successfully launched by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and other organizations have never been mental healthcare consumers themselves. I believe that advocates who have not experienced psychiatric treatment lack the ability to fully comprehend the suffering many consumers endure from adverse drug reactions. 

This is, I think, a moral imperative. The use of all pharmaceutical products really is a buyer-beware situationand since many psych patients become forced consumers, their advocates have a duty to be educated and concerned with adverse reactions.

During my time as a psychiatric consumer, I both experienced and witnessed much wrongdoing within the system. Among the most grievous was the liberal prescribing of psychiatric medications without consideration or warning of their known risks. Back in the late 1990s, under forced treatment for psychotic episodes labeled bipolar disorder, I had no choice but to accept drugs that I knew were causing me harmincluding Parkinson-like symptoms and tardive dyskinesia that rendered me unable to care for myself. I soon realized that in order to find drug-free solutions for my health conditions, I needed to educate myself. 

Once I learned more about possible medical issues that can underlie mental illness and alternative therapies to address them, I was able to get the correct diagnosis behind my symptoms: toxic encephalopathy from workplace chemicals. Only after I incorporated evidence-based treatments and various complementary therapies into my regimen did I begin to recover. I also developed skills to successfully advocate for myself and became passionate about promoting positive system change on behalf of others. (I shared the details of my story in a blog for Mad in America last year.)

04:29

Will Fauci Face Criminal Charges Now? Natural Health News

By Neenah Payne Dr.  Anthony Fauci, now 80 years old, began his 53-year career as the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in 1968. He assumed his NIAID Director position in 1984, served under the NIH Director Francis Collins, and advised every president since...

Continue reading...

04:23

Another Train Derailment: Diesel Spills Into River Natural Health News

By Mac Slavo Transport company CSX says one of its empty coal trains derailed Wednesday after striking a rock slide in West Virginia. The crash caused a fire and spillage of an unknown quantity of diesel fuel and oil from its locomotives into the river....

Continue reading...

03:42

Free Film: Safe and Effective? March 11 Natural Health News

By Neenah Payne After an overwhelming response for the in-person premiere held in Sandy, Utah, we are doing an Online Premiere for a greater participation worldwide. The movie is 1 hour 50 minutes. All screenings are followed by live Q&A sessions with the filmmakers.  The...

Continue reading...

01:03

BREAKING: A 'Vast Censorship Enterprise' Funded by Taxpayers Knowingly Suppressed Vaccine Injury Content GreenMedInfo

A TWITTER FILES bombshell just dropped revealing how a foreign, dark money group (CCDH) targeting the free speech of US citizens may have been indirectly funded by the US government, military, and taxpayers themselves. Moreover, CCDH is part of a vast Censorship Enterprise which knowingly called for the suppression of true stories and content related to injuries from the experimental mRNA jabs.

read more

Friday, 10 March

19:16

The Smoke Alarm Fallacy Science-Based Medicine

The fact that we did a decent job of protecting children at the start of the pandemic was used to claim that children didn't need protection at all. That's farcical.

The post The Smoke Alarm Fallacy first appeared on Science-Based Medicine.

17:20

How Forgetful Are You? Dr. Tenpenny

Have you been a little more forgetful lately? I have many older patients who worry about their memories and thinking ability. Whats normal? Whats not? With normal age-related forgetfulness, you []

16:18

Four biggest US Banks Lost $52 BILLION in Valuation Today as Dow drops 540 points Medical Kidnap

Comments by Brian Shilhavy

The corporate media is now widely reporting on this, and the entire banking sector took a huge hit today, losing $billions in valuation, $52 billion lost just with the four largest banks in the U.S.

Bank runs and bank failures are no longer an if, but simply when. Which ones are next?

Banks Lose Billions in Value After Tech Lender SVB Stumbles

Wall Street Journal

Investors dumped shares of SVB Financial Group SIVB -60.41% and a swath of U.S. banks after the tech-focused lender said it lost nearly $2 billion selling assets following a larger-than-expected decline in deposits.

The four biggest U.S. banks lost $52 billion in market value Thursday. The KBW Nasdaq Bank Index notched its biggest decline since the pandemic roiled the markets nearly three years ago. Shares of SVB, the parent of Silicon Valley Bank, fell more than 60% after it disclosed the loss and sought to raise $2.25 billion in fresh capital by selling new shares.

Banks big and small posted steep declines. PacWest Bancorp fell 25%, and First Republic Bank lost 17%. Charles Schwab Corp. fell 13%, while U.S. Bancorp lost 7%. Americas biggest bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co., fell 5.4%.

Read the full article.

Turmoil at Silicon Valley Bank triggers market panic: Four biggest US banks lose staggering $52 BILLION in valuation and Dow drops 540 points

The Daily Mail

Sharp losses in banking stocks led Wall Streets main indexes lower on Thursday, as turmoil at Silicon Valley Banks parent company triggered investor fears about the stability of the financial sector.

The S&P 500 bank index tumbled more than 6% in its biggest one-day drop in over two years, after SVB Financial Group announced a massive equity raise to cover a $1.8 billion loss on the sale of investments.

The four largest US banks JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup saw their share prices plun...

16:13

Four biggest US Banks Lost $52 BILLION in Valuation Today as Dow drops 540 points Vaccine Impact

The corporate media is now widely reporting on this, and the entire banking sector took a huge hit today, losing $billions in valuation, $52 billion lost just with the four largest banks in the U.S.

Bank runs and bank failures are no longer an if, but simply when. Which ones are next?

Wall Street Journal

Investors dumped shares of SVB Financial Group SIVB -60.41% and a swath of U.S. banks after the tech-focused lender said it lost nearly $2 billion selling assets following a larger-than-expected decline in deposits.

The four biggest U.S. banks lost $52 billion in market value Thursday. The KBW Nasdaq Bank Index notched its biggest decline since the pandemic roiled the markets nearly three years ago. Shares of SVB, the parent of Silicon Valley Bank, fell more than 60% after it disclosed the loss and sought to raise $2.25 billion in fresh capital by selling new shares.

Banks big and small posted steep declines. PacWest Bancorp fell 25%, and First Republic Bank lost 17%. Charles Schwab Corp. fell 13%, while U.S. Bancorp lost 7%. Americas biggest bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co., fell 5.4%.

Read the full article.

Turmoil at Silicon Valley Bank triggers market panic: Four biggest US banks lose staggering $52 BILLION in valuation and Dow drops 540 points

The Daily Mail

Sharp losses in banking stocks led Wall Streets main indexes lower on Thursday, as turmoil at Silicon Valley Banks parent company triggered investor fears about the stability of the financial sector.

The S&P 500 bank index tumbled more than 6% in its biggest one-day drop in over two years, after SVB Financial Group announced a massive equity raise to cover a $1.8 billion loss on the sale of investments.

The four largest US banks JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup saw their share prices plun...

13:30

The molecular pharmacology of phloretin: anti-inflammatory mechanisms of action. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Biomedicines. 2023 Jan 6 ;11(1). Epub 2023 Jan 6. PMID: 36672652 Abstract Title:  The Molecular Pharmacology of Phloretin: Anti-Inflammatory Mechanisms of Action. Abstract:  The isolation of phlorizin from the bark of an apple tree in 1835 led to a flurry of research on its inhibitory effect on glucose transporters in the intestine and kidney. Using phlorizin as a prototype drug, antidiabetic agents with more selective inhibitory activity towards glucose transport at the kidney have subsequently been developed. In contrast, its hydrolysis product in the body, phloretin, which is also found in the apple plant, has weak antidiabetic properties. Phloretin, however, displays a range of pharmacological effects including antibacterial, anticancer, and cellular and organ protective properties both in vitro and in vivo. In this communication, the molecular basis of its anti-inflammatory mechanisms that attribute to its pharmacological effects is scrutinised. These include inhibiting the signalling pathways of inflammatory mediators' expression that support its suppressive effect in immune cells overactivation, obesity-induced inflammation, arthritis, endothelial, myocardial, hepatic, renal and lung injury, and inflammation in the gut, skin, and nervous system, among others.

read more

13:26

Comparison of antioxidant capacity and network pharmacology of phloretin and phlorizin against neuroinflammation in traumatic brain injury. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Molecules. 2023 Jan 17 ;28(3). Epub 2023 Jan 17. PMID: 36770586 Abstract Title:  Comparison of Antioxidant Capacity and Network Pharmacology of Phloretin and Phlorizin against Neuroinflammation in Traumatic Brain Injury. Abstract:  Neuroinflammation is a hallmark of traumatic brain injury (TBI)'s acute and chronic phases. Despite the medical and scientific advances in recent years, there is still no effective treatment that mitigates the oxidative and inflammatory damage that affects neurons and glial cells. Therefore, searching for compounds with a broader spectrum of action that can regulate various inflammatory signaling pathways is of clinical interest. In this study, we determined not only the in vitro antioxidant capacity of apple pomace phenolics, namely, phlorizin and its metabolite, phloretin, but we also hypothesize that the use of these bioactive molecules may have potential use in TBI. We explored the antioxidant effects of both compounds in vitro (DPPH, iron-reducing capacity (IRC), and Folin-Ciocalteu reducing capacity (FCRC)), and using network pharmacology, we investigated the proteins involved in their protective effects in TBI. Our results showed that the antioxidant properties of phloretin were superior to those of phlorizin in the DPPH (12.95 vs. 3.52 mg ascorbic acid equivalent (AAE)/L), FCRC (86.73 vs. 73.69 mg gallic acid equivalent (GAE)/L), and iron-reducing capacity (1.15 vs. 0.88 mg GAE/L) assays. Next, we examined the molecular signature of both compounds and found 11 proteins in common to be regulated by them and involved in TBI. Meta-analysis and GO functional enrichment demonstrated their implication in matrix metalloproteinases, p53 signaling, and cell secretion/transport. Using MCODE and Pearson's correlation analysis, a subcluster was generated. We identified ESR1 (estrogen receptor alpha) as a critical cellular hub being regulated by both compounds and with potential therapeutic use in TBI. In conclusion, our study suggests that because of their vast antioxidant effects, probably acting on estrogen receptors, phloretin and phlorizin may be repurposed for TBI treatment due to their ease of obtaining and low cost.

read more

12:13

Four biggest US Banks Lost $52 BILLION in Valuation Today as Dow drops 540 points Health Impact News

Wall Street Journal

Read the full article.

The Daily Mail

The S&P 500 bank index tumbled more than 6% in its biggest one-day drop in over two years, after SVB Financial...

11:45

Phloretin decreases microglia-mediated synaptic engulfment to prevent chronic mild stress-induced depression. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Theranostics. 2023 ;13(3):955-972. Epub 2023 Jan 16. PMID: 36793870 Abstract Title:  Phloretin decreases microglia-mediated synaptic engulfment to prevent chronic mild stress-induced depression-like behaviors in the mPFC. Abstract:  Stress is an important risk factor to induce psychiatric disorders such as depression. Phloretin (PHL), a natural dihydrochalcone compound, has been shown to exhibit anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects. However, the impact of PHL on the depression and the underlying mechanism remain unclear.The animal behavior tests were used to determine the protective of PHL on the chronic mild stress (CMS)-induced depression-like behaviors. The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), electron microscopy analysis, fiber photometry, electrophysiology, and Structure Illumination Microscopy (SIM) were used to investigate the protective of PHL on the structural and functional impairments induced by CMS exposure in the mPFC. The RNA sequencing, western blot, reporter gene assay, and chromatin immunoprecipitation were adopted to investigate the mechanisms.We showed that PHL efficiently prevented the CMS-induced depressive-like behaviors. Moreover, PHL not only attenuated the decrease of synapse losses but also improved the dendritic spine density and neuronal activity in the mPFC after CMS exposure. Furthermore, PHL remarkably inhibited the CMS-induced microglial activation and phagocytic activity in the mPFC. In addition, we demonstrated that PHL decreased the CMS-induced synapse losses by inhibiting the deposition of complement C3 deposition onto synapses and subsequent microglia-mediated synaptic engulfment. Finally, we revealed that PHL inhibited the NF-B-C3 axis to display neuroprotective effects.Our results indicate that PHL represses the NF-B-C3 axis and subsequent microglia-mediated synaptic engulfment to protect against CMS-induced depression in the mPFC.

read more

11:21

3-OH phloretin inhibits high-fat diet-induced obesity and obesity-induced inflammation. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Molecules. 2023 Feb 15 ;28(4). Epub 2023 Feb 15. PMID: 36838843 Abstract Title:  3-OH Phloretin Inhibits High-Fat Diet-Induced Obesity and Obesity-Induced Inflammation by Reducing Macrophage Infiltration into White Adipose Tissue. Abstract:  Phloretin and its glycoside phlorizin have been reported to prevent obesity induced by high-fat diet (HFD), but the effect of 3-OH phloretin, a catechol metabolite of phloretin, has not been investigated. In this study, we investigated the anti-obesity effects of phloretin and 3-OH phloretin in HFD-fed mice. The body weight gain induced by HFD was more inhibited by administration of 3-OH phloretin than by phloretin. The increases in fat mass, white adipose tissue (WAT) weight, adipocyte size, and lipid accumulation by HFD were also remarkably inhibited by 3-OH phloretin and, to a lesser extent, by phloretin. The HFD-induced upregulation of chemokines and pro-inflammatory cytokines was suppressed by 3-OH phloretin, preventing M1 macrophages from infiltrating into WAT and thereby reducing WAT inflammation. 3-OH phloretin also showed a more potent effect than phloretin on suppressing the expression of adipogenesis regulator genes, such as PPAR2, C/EBP, FAS, and CD36. Fasting blood glucose and insulin levels increased by HFD were diminished by the administration of 3-OH phloretin, suggesting that 3-OH phloretin may alleviate obesity-induced insulin resistance. These findings suggested that 3-OH phloretin has the potential to be a natural bioactive compound that can be used in the prevention or treatment of obesity and insulin resistance.

read more

Happy Hour with Pastor Spaulding Part 1 Dr. Tenpenny

03-09-2023 This four-week series is a deep dive into the book of Revelation, focusing on the ecclesias (churches), and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Pastor Mike Spaulding will discuss []

Childhood Stress Can Make You Ill as an Adult Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published March 19, 2020.

Prolonged stress can have life-threatening consequences not only for adults but also for children. Research shows adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) can predispose them to any number of health problems later in life.

In the early days of mankinds evolution, the stress response saved our lives by enabling us to run from predators or take down prey. Today, however, such dire circumstances are few and far between, yet we still turn on the same life-saving reaction to cope with countless everyday situations.

Constantly being in a stress response may have you marinating in corrosive hormones around the clock, which can raise your blood pressure, add fat to your belly, shrink your brain and even unravel your chromosomes.1

Stress disrupts your neuroendocrine and immune systems and appears to trigger a degenerative process in your brain that can result in Alzheimers disease. Stress can also accelerate aging by shortening your telomeres, the protective genetic structures that regulate how your cells age. In the words of Dr. Lissa Rankin, author of Mind Over Medicine:2

Our bodies know how to fix broken proteins, kill cancer cells, retard aging, and fight infection. They even know how to heal ulcers, make skin lesions disappear and knit together broken bones! But heres the kicker those natural self-repair mechanisms dont work if youre stressed!

Childhood Stress and Mental Health

In a March 2020 Newsweek article,3 Adam Piore discusses the work of Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, founder of a childrens medical clinical in one of San Franciscos poorest neighborhoods.

A surprisingly large portion of her young patients struggled with symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), the hallmarks of which include an inability to focus, impulsivity and abnormal restlessness. Many also had severe health problems and depression. Piore writes:

Burke Harris noticed something else unusual about these children. Whenever she asked their parents or caregivers to tell her about conditions at home, she almost invariably uncovered a major life disruption or trauma.

One child had been sexually abused by a tenant, she recalls. Another had witnessed an attempted murder. Many children came from homes struggling with the incarceration or death of a parent, or reported acrimonious divorces. Some caregivers denied there were any problems at all...

Criminal Investigation for Excess Deaths Due to Remdesivir Articles

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration authorized the experimental antiviral drug remdesivir, brand name Veklury, for emergency use against COVID-19 in May 2020.1 By October 2020, it had received full approval.2 It remains a primary treatment for COVID-19 in hospitals, despite research showing it lacks effectiveness3 and can cause high rates of organ failure.4

On Twitter, John Beaudoin is calling for a criminal investigation into the drug, citing data that it may have killed 100,000 people in the U.S. "They know," he says, "or they willfully refuse to know. Either way, it's homicide."5

Using drugs that cause organ failure, like remdesivir, isn't in the best interest of public health. The fact that U.S. health authorities have focused on this and similarly harmful drugs to the exclusion of all others, including older drugs with high rates of effectiveness and superior safety profiles, sends a very disturbing message.

Did Remdesivir Kill Thousands in Massachusetts?

Beaudoin has filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court and believes a spike in deaths from acute renal failure (ARF) in Massachusetts is due to remdesivir, which is produced by Gilead Sciences. Using a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, Beaudoin received all the death certificates in Massachusetts from 2015 to 2022.

He then graphed the FOIA data, finding 1,840 excess deaths from acute renal failure from January 1, 2021 to November 30, 2022. Beaudoin also revealed an increase in deaths from acute rental failure in every age group over 15 years old, from 2015 to 2022.6 "Thousands dead in Massachusetts ARF likely due to Remdesivir. This requires CRIMINAL investigation," he tweeted.7

acute renal failure deaths

Deaths, Kidney Injury Common With Remdesivir

Remdesivir use didn't become widespread until 2020. From that time until October 2021, at least 7,491 adverse drug reactions were reported to the World Health Organization's (WHO) VigiAccess, including 560 deaths, 550 serious cardiac disorders and 475 acute kidney injuries.8

For comparison, only 5,674 adverse drug reactions were report...

Can This Mushroom Help Build New Brain Cells? Articles

Lions mane mushrooms (Hericium erinaceus) have a long history in traditional medicine. A 2023 study1 from the University of Queensland found an extract from the mushroom demonstrates the ability to promote neuron projections and connect those to other neurons.2

Lions mane mushrooms are named for their unique white and shaggy appearance that resembles a lion's mane. They are also known by several other names, including bearded tooth, monkey's head, bearded hedgehog, satyrs beard and pom pom mushroom.3 The mushroom traditionally grows on hardwood trees and has played a role in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Asian culture for centuries.

According to TCM practitioners, lions mane supports the liver, spleen, heart, kidney and lung function.4 Buddhist monks traditionally used lion's mane mushroom tea to enhance brain function and heighten focus. The Chinese began cultivating lion's mane mushrooms in 1988 to meet demand. Today it's becoming a popular functional food in Western cultures.

Lion's mane mushrooms tend to grow in a single clump of dangling spines.5 In the wild, the mushrooms appear in late summer and early fall on dead and dying hardwood trees. The young mushrooms are pure white and tend to turn yellow and brown as they age.

Lions Mane Mushrooms Dramatically Improve Brain Cell Growth

In recent years, fungi have attracted scientific exploration for the potential to improve cognitive function. Lions mane mushrooms have had a long reputation for mental health benefits, prompting a research team from the University of Queensland to delve deeper into how extracts from the mushroom may improve nerve growth and enhance memory.6

The researchers acknowledged the mushroom's ability to enhance peripheral nerve regeneration by targeting nerve growth factors. The hope was to identify bioactive compounds that could help regulate the growth of neurons.7 In the lab, the researchers purified biologically active compounds and tested them against cultured brain cells in a Petri dish. The cells were then evaluated under a super-resolution microscope.

According to study scientist Frdric Meunier, Ph.D., we found the mushroom extract and its active components largely increase the size of growth cones, which are particularly important for brain cells to sense their environment and establish new connections with other neurons...

10:25

Phloretin induces G2/M arrest and apoptosis by suppressing the -catenin signaling pathway in colorectal carcinoma cells. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Apoptosis. 2023 Mar 8. Epub 2023 Mar 8. PMID: 36884140 Abstract Title:  Phloretin induces G2/M arrest and apoptosis by suppressing the-catenin signaling pathway in colorectal carcinoma cells. Abstract:  Colorectal carcinoma (CRC) is the third most prevalent cancer, causing a significant mortality worldwide. Present available therapies are surgery, chemotherapy including radiotherapy, and these are known to be associated with heavy side effects. Therefore, nutritional intervention in the form of natural polyphenols has been well recognised to prevent CRC. Phloretin, a known dihydrochalcone is present in apple, pear and strawberry. This has been proven to induce apoptosis in cancer cells and also exhibited anti-inflammatory activity, thus can be explored as a potential anticancer nutraceutical agent. This study demonstrated phloretin's significant in vitro anticancer activity against CRC. Phloretin suppressed cell proliferation, colony forming ability and cellular migration in human colorectal cancer HCT-116 and SW-480 cells. Results also revealed that phloretin generated reactive oxygen species (ROS) which provoked depolarization of mitochondrial membrane potential (MMP) and further contributed to cytotoxicity in colon cancer cells. Phloretin also modulated the cell cycle regulators including cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) and halted cell cycle at G2/M phase. Moreover, it also induced apoptosis by regulating the expression of Bax and BCl-2. The Wnt/-catenin signaling is inactivated by phloretin by targeting the downstream oncogenes namely CyclinD1, c-Myc and Survivin which are involved in the proliferation and apoptosis of colon cancer cells. In our study we showed that lithium chloride (LiCl) induced the expression of-catenin and its target genes and the co-treatment of phloretin circumvent its effect and downregulated the Wnt/-catenin signaling. In conclusion, our results strongly suggested that phloretin can be utilized as a nutraceutical anticancer agent for combating CRC.

read more

10:20

BREAKING: Silicon Valley Bank Run has Reportedly Started Website Down Medical Kidnap

The news is moving fast now, with the report of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) being in trouble, after Silvergate Bank announced yesterday that they were liquidating their assets and shutting down.

A bank run has apparently just started at SVB, with reports that people cannot access their funds, and that their website is down.

Some SVB customers are struggling to wire funds out of the bank

TechCrunch.com

Some of Silicon Valley Banks customers are struggling to transfer funds out of their bank accounts, numerous sources tell TechCrunch.

The seeming wave of attempted withdrawals comes after SVB announced yesterday that it lost $1.8 billion in the sale of U.S. treasuries and mortgage-backed securities that it had invested in, owing to rising interest rates. The bank also said that it was raising more capital, and investing into higher-yield products. Concern ensued, leading the share price to tank more than 50% at time of publication.

Dozens of VCs are advising their portfolio companies to pull their assets from the bank, sources say

One source tells TechCrunch that parts of the SVB site is down, as well as one of its client support phones, despite using different browsers and apps to try to move their capital. Another says that account access controls are now view only, meaning that users cannot conduct withdrawals or wires. Others on Twitter say that theyre unable to log into the online banking portal at large. (Full article.)

Silicon Valley Bank Told Some Customers Money Transfers Are Backed Up

by The Information

Silicon Valley Bank on Thursday told at least four clients that wire transfers could be delayed, and the banks support phone lines were recently inaccessible. Other clients reported trouble logging in to the companys website to view their account information and make transfers.

10:20

BREAKING: Silicon Valley Bank Run has Reportedly Started Website Down Vaccine Impact

The news is moving fast now, with the report of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) being in trouble, after Silvergate Bank announced yesterday that they were liquidating their assets and shutting down.

A bank run has apparently just started at SVB, with reports that people cannot access their funds, and that their website is down.

TechCrunch.com

Some of Silicon Valley Banks customers are struggling to transfer funds out of their bank accounts, numerous sources tell TechCrunch.

The seeming wave of attempted withdrawals comes after SVB announced yesterday that it lost $1.8 billion in the sale of U.S. treasuries and mortgage-backed securities that it had invested in, owing to rising interest rates. The bank also said that it was raising more capital, and investing into higher-yield products. Concern ensued, leading the share price to tank more than 50% at time of publication.

Dozens of VCs are advising their portfolio companies to pull their assets from the bank, sources say

One source tells TechCrunch that parts of the SVB site is down, as well as one of its client support phones, despite using different browsers and apps to try to move their capital. Another says that account access controls are now view only, meaning that users cannot conduct withdrawals or wires. Others on Twitter say that theyre unable to log into the online banking portal at large. (Full article.)

by The Information

Silicon Valley Bank on Thursday told at least four clients that wire transfers could be delayed, and the banks support phone lines were recently inaccessible. Other clients reported trouble logging in to the companys website to view their account information and make transfers.

10:10

BREAKING: Silicon Valley Bank Run has Reportedly Started Website Down Health Impact News

TechCrunch.com

by The Information

Silicon Valley Bank on Thursday...

09:39

Effects of resveratrol on pulmonary fibrosis via TGF-/Smad/ERK signaling pathway. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Am J Chin Med. 2023 Mar 9:1-26. Epub 2023 Mar 9. PMID: 36891982 Abstract Title:  Effects of Resveratrol on Pulmonary Fibrosis via TGF-/Smad/ERK Signaling Pathway. Abstract:  Pulmonary fibrosis (PF) is a progressive pulmonary disease with no effective treatment and high mortality. Resveratrol has shown promising benefits in the treatment of PF. However, the probable efficacy and underlying mechanism of resveratrol in PF treatment remain unclear. This study investigates the intervention effects and potential mechanisms underpinning the treatment of PF with resveratrol. The histopathological analysis of lung tissues in PF rats showed that resveratrol improved collagen deposition and reduced inflammation. Resveratrol decreased the levels of collagen, glutathione, superoxide dismutase, myeloperoxidase, and hydroxyproline, lowered total anti-oxidant capacity, and suppressed the migration of TGF-[Formula: see text]1 and LPS-induced 3T6 fibroblasts. With resveratrol intervention, the protein and RNA expressions of TGF-[Formula: see text]1, a-SMA, Smad3/4, p-Smad3/4, CTGF, and p-ERK1/2 were markedly downregulated. Similarly, the protein and RNA expression levels of Col-1 and Col-3 were significantly downregulated. However, Smad7 and ERK1/2 were evidently upregulated. The protein and mRNA expression levels of TGF-[Formula: see text], Smad, and p-ERK correlated positively with the lung index, while the protein and mRNA expression levels of ERK correlated negatively with the lung index. These results reveal that resveratrol may have therapeutic effects on PF by reducing collagen deposition, oxidation, and inflammation. The mechanism is associated with the regulation of the TGF-[Formula: see text]/Smad/ERK signaling pathway.

read more

09:30

WARNING: Big Tech Banks Collapsing! Infection Spreading to Other Sectors Medical Kidnap

LATEST UPDATE:

2nd FDIC-Insured Bank in 3 Days COLLAPSES! Bank Runs, Trading Halted on Some Banks

UPDATE 1:

BREAKING: Silicon Valley Bank Run has Reportedly Started Website Down

UPDATE 2:

Four biggest US Banks Lost $52 BILLION in Valuation Today as Dow drops 540 points

by Brian Shilhavy

The collapse of the banking industry has started, with FDIC-insured Big Tech Silvergate Bank announcing yesterday they were liquidating their assets and closing down.

Silicon Valley Bank also announced yesterday that they have lost $10 billion, while trying to reassure depositors to just stay calm, suggesting that their collapse is also probably imminent.

I dont think there has been a more significant news event in the financial sector since the financial crisis of 2008, and yet at the time of my publishing this article, none of the corporate media is treating this as a headline story, unless it is a publication that focuses only on financial news.

This is the beginning of the storm that should have happened last year after FTX blew up, and probably did, but the infection that I have been calling The Big Tech Crash that started in 2022 has only just now begun to reveal how serious this crisis is, which can no longer be hidden from the public as the bank failures have now begun.

Bank runs that began last year, are only going to significantly increase in the days and weeks ahead. And this infection is not confined to Big Tech and their banks, but is spreading fast to other sectors of the economy.

Silvergate Bank: Crypto Fraud Casualty

09:30

WARNING: Big Tech Banks Collapsing! Infection Spreading to Other Sectors Vaccine Impact

LATEST UPDATE:

2nd FDIC-Insured Bank in 3 Days COLLAPSES! Bank Runs, Trading Halted on Some Banks

UPDATE 1:

UPDATE 2:

Four biggest US Banks Lost $52 BILLION in Valuation Today as Dow drops 540 points

by Brian Shilhavy

The collapse of the banking industry has started, with FDIC-insured Big Tech Silvergate Bank announcing yesterday they were liquidating their assets and closing down.

Silicon Valley Bank also announced yesterday that they have lost $10 billion, while trying to reassure depositors to just stay calm, suggesting that their collapse is also probably imminent.

I dont think there has been a more significant news event in the financial sector since the financial crisis of 2008, and yet at the time of my publishing this article, none of the corporate media is treating this as a headline story, unless it is a publication that focuses only on financial news.

This is the beginning of the storm that should have happened last year after FTX blew up, and probably did, but the infection that I have been calling The Big Tech Crash that started in 2022 has only just now begun to reveal how serious this crisis is, which can no longer be hidden from the public as the bank failures have now begun.

Bank runs that began last year, are only going to significantly increase in the days and weeks ahead. And this infection is not confined to Big Tech and their banks, but is spreading fast to other sectors of the economy.

Silvergate Bank: Crypto Fraud Casualty

09:16

Attenuation of N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced hepatocellular carcinoma by piceatannol and/or cisplatin: the interplay between nuclear factor (Erythroid Derived 2)-like 2 and redox status. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2022 Nov 1 ;23(11):3895-3903. Epub 2022 Nov 1. PMID: 36444603 Abstract Title:  Attenuation of N-Nitrosodiethylamine -Induced Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Piceatannol and/or Cisplatin: The Interplay between Nuclear Factor (Erythroid Derived 2)-like 2 and Redox Status. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: The natural compound's alternative and complementary uses have increased hopes for hepatocellular cancer treatment (HCC).OBJECTS: The goal of this study was to see if Piceatannol (PIC) in combination with cisplatin has a synergistic effect on N, N-nitrosodiethylamine (DEN)-induced HCC in rats.METHODS: Tissue antioxidant enzymes, malondialdehyde (MDA), and nuclear factor erythroid 2 related factors 2 (Nrf2) and tumor necrosis factor(TNF-) gene expression were all measured. Nuclear Factor Kabba B (NF-B) was also tested, as well as hepatic caspase 3 and NAD (P) H quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1). Liver specimens were subjected to histopathological analysis.RESULTS: When compared to the HCC group, piceatannol and/or cisplatin caused a significant improvement in liver function tests, as well as a significant modulation in Nrf2 gene expression and antioxidant enzyme activities, as well as a significant decrease in tissue MDA, TNF-, NF-B levels, NQO1 activity, and prompt and caspase-3 activities. When the PIC and/or cisplatin combination was compared to each of these compounds alone, the results were substantial.CONCLUSION: PIC in combination with cisplatin has been shown to have a synergistic anticancer impact through modulating Nrf2 and redox state. In addition, adding PIC to an HCC therapy plan that includes chemotherapeutic medicines may boost the efficacy of cisplatin while reducing its negative effects.

read more

09:07

WARNING: Big Tech Banks Collapsing! Infection Spreading to Other Sectors Health Impact News

LATEST UPDATE:

UPDATE 1:

UPDATE 2:

by Brian Shilhavy

Bank runs that began last year, are only going to significantly increase in the days and weeks ahead. And this infection is not confined to Big Tech and their banks, but is spreading fast to othe...

09:00

Piceatannol protects rat neuron cells from oxygen-glucose deprivation reperfusion injury. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2022 Nov 25 ;51(5):552-562. PMID: 36581571 Abstract Title:  Piceatannol protects rat neuron cells from oxygen-glucose deprivation reperfusion injury via regulation of GSK-3/Nrf2 signaling pathway. Abstract:  OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect and mechanism of piceatannol on cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury.METHODS: The oxygen-glucose deprivation reperfusion (OGD/R) model was constructed in primary cultured suckling rat cortical neuron cells. After 2h of oxygen-glucose deprivation, the cells were treated with piceatannol for 24h. The cell survival rate was detected by MTT assay, and the degree of cell damage was detected by intracellular lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) release assay. The activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and the content of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) were detected by colorimetric method. The content of reactive oxygen species (ROS) was detected by flow cytometry or observed with inverted fluorescence microscope. The ultrastructure of mitochondria was observed with transmission electron microscopy. Western blotting was used to detect the phosphorylation levels of protein kinase B (AKT) and glycogen synthase kinase (GSK)-3. Immunofluorescence staining was used to observe the nuclear localization of nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor (Nrf) 2. After OGD/R neuron cells were pretreated with Nrf2 inhibitor ML385 for 24h, the effect of Nrf2 on the improvement of cell activity and antioxidant activity of piceatannol were investigated. Western blotting was used to detect the protein expression levels of Nrf2, heme oxygenase (HO) 1 and NADPH quinone oxidoreductase (NQO) 1.RESULTS: Piceatannol significantly increased the survival rate of OGD/R neurons, decreased LDH release and reactive oxygen species content, increased SOD activity, ameliorated mitochondrial ultrastructural damage, increased mitochondrial membrane potential and ATP level (all

read more

07:27

Wiley paused Hindawi special issues amid quality problems, lost $9 million in revenue Retraction Watch

Hindawi, the open access publisher that Wiley acquired in 2021, temporarily suspended publishing special issues because of compromised articles, according to a press release announcing the companys third quarter financial results. 

Brian Napack, Wileys president and CEO, specifically noted the unplanned publishing pause at Hindawi as a factor that challenged the company this year. 

The pause began in mid-October and ended in mid-January, a Wiley spokesperson told us. 

In Wileys third quarter that ended Jan. 31, 2023, the suspension cost Hindawi whose business model is based on charging authors to publish $9 million in lost revenue compared to the third quarter of 2022. The company cited the pause as the primary reason its revenue from its research segment was down 4% as reported, or down 2% at constant currency and excluding acquisitions, the press release stated. 

At the time of this writing, Wileys stock was trading 16% lower than it opened in the morning, and reached a new low for the past year.

The announcement follows scrutiny from sleuths, and the publisher retracting hundreds of papers for manipulated peer review last September, after Hindawis research integrity team began investigating a single special issue. 

The notorious paper with capital Ts as error bars was also published in a special issue of a Hindawi journal before it was retracted in December

In another epis...

06:46

Piceatannol protects against high glucose-induced injury of renal tubular epithelial cells via regulating carbonic anhydrase 2. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Nephron. 2023 Jan 30. Epub 2023 Jan 30. PMID: 36716737 Abstract Title:  Piceatannol protects against high glucose-induced injury of renal tubular epithelial cells via regulating carbonic anhydrase 2. Abstract:  INTRODUCTION: We here evaluated the efficacy of piceatannol (PIC) in high glucose (HG)-induced injury of renal tubular epithelial cells HK-2.METHODS: After the establishment of HG-induced cell injury model and the treatment with PIC at both high and low concentrations and/or Acetazolamide (ACZ, the inhibitor of carbonic anhydrase 2 (CA2)), MTT and flow cytometry assays were carried out to confirm the viability and apoptosis of HK-2 cells. The levels of oxidative stress markers lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), malondialdehyde (MDA), and reactive oxygen species (ROS), the ratio of glutathione/oxidized glutathione (GSH/GSSG), and the CA2 activity were determined. Both quantitative reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction and Western blot were used to calculate the expressions of CA2 (the predicted target gene of PIC via intersecting the data from bioinformatic analyses), and AKT pathway- (Phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN), phosphorylated (p)-AKT, AKT) and apoptosis-related proteins (Bcl-2 and cleaved caspase-3).RESULTS: HG suppressed cell viability and the levels of GSH/GSSG ratio, CA2, pThr308-AKT/AKT, pSer473-AKT/AKT, and Bcl-2, while promoting cell apoptosis, the levels of LDH, MDA, and ROS and the expressions of PTEN and cleaved caspase-3. All effects of HG were reversed by PIC at a high concentration. CA2 was predicted and identified as the target of PIC. In HG-treated HK-2 cells, additionally, ACZ reversed the effects of PIC on the viability, apoptosis, and the levels of both oxidative stress markers and AKT pathway- and apoptosis-related factors.CONCLUSION: PIC protects against HG-induced injury of HK-2 cells via regulating CA2.

read more

06:38

Piceatannol promotes neuroprotection in experimental diabetic peripheral neuropathy and hyperglycemia-induced neurotoxicity. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Int Immunopharmacol. 2023 Mar ;116:109793. Epub 2023 Feb 1. PMID: 36731149 Abstract Title:  Piceatannol promotes neuroprotection by inducing mitophagy and mitobiogenesis in the experimental diabetic peripheral neuropathy and hyperglycemia-induced neurotoxicity. Abstract:  Piceatannol (PCN), a SIRT1 activator, regulates multiple oxidative stress mechanism and has anti-inflammatory potential in various inflammatory conditions. However, its role in Diabetic insulted peripheral neuropathy (DN) remains unknown. Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction are major contributing factors to DN. Myriad studies have proven that sirtuin1 (SIRT1) stimulation convalesce nerve functions by activating mitochondrial functions like mitochondrial biogenesis and mitophagy. Diabetic neuropathy (DN) was provoked by injecting streptozotocin (STZ) at a dose of 55 mg/kg, i.p to male Sprague Dawley (SD) rats. Mechanical, thermal hyperalgesia was evaluated by using water immersion, Vonfrey Aesthesiometer, and Randall Sellito Calipers. Motor, sensory nerve conduction velocity was measured using Power Lab 4sp system whereas The Laser Doppler system was used to evaluate nerve blood flow. To induce hyperglycemia for the in vitro investigations, high glucose (HG) (30 mM) conditions were applied to Neuro2a cells. At doses of 5 and 10 M, PCN was examined for its role in SIRT1 and Nrf2 activation. HG-induced N2A cells, reactive oxygen exposure, mitochondrial superoxides and mitochondrial membrane potentials were restored by PCN exposure, and their neurite outgrowth was enhanced. Peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1(PGC-1) directed mitochondrial biogenesis was induced by increased SIRT1 activation by piceatannol. SIRT1 activation also enhanced Nrf2-mediated antioxidant signalling. Our study results inferred that PCN administration can counteract the decline in mitochondrial function and antioxidant activity in diabetic rats and HG-exposed N2A cells by increasing the SIRT1 and Nrf2 activities.

read more

06:22

Ginsenoside Rg3 has effects comparable to those of ginsenoside re on diabetic kidney disease prevention. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Mol Med Rep. 2023 Apr ;27(4). Epub 2023 Mar 3. PMID: 36866725 Abstract Title:  Ginsenoside Rg3 has effects comparable to those of ginsenoside re on diabetic kidney disease prevention in db/db mice by regulating inflammation, fibrosis and PPAR. Abstract:  Ginsenoside Rg3 (Rg3) is an adjuvant antitumor drug, while ginsenoside Re (Re) is an adjuvant antidiabetic drug. Our previous studies demonstrated that Rg3 and Re both have hepatoprotective effects in db/db mice. The present study aimed to observe the renoprotective effects of Rg3 on db/db mice, with Re as the control. The db/db mice were randomly assigned to receive daily oral treatment with Rg3, Re or vehicle for 8 weeks. Body weight and blood glucose were examined weekly. Blood lipids, creatinine, and BUN were examined by biochemical assay. Hematoxylin and eosin and Masson staining were used for pathological examination. The expression of peroxisome proliferatoractivated receptor gamma (PPAR) and inflammation and fibrosis biomarkers was examined by immunohistochemical and reverse transcriptionquantitative PCR. Although neither had a significant effect on body weight, blood glucose or lipids, Rg3 and Re were both able to decrease the creatinine and blood urea nitrogen levels of db/db mice to levels similar to those of wild type mice and inhibit pathological changes. The expression of PPARwas upregulated and biomarkers of inflammation and fibrosis were downregulated by Rg3 and Re. The results showed that the potential of Rg3 as a preventive treatment of diabetic kidney disease was similar to that of Re.

read more

06:07

Ginsenoside Rg1/ADSCs supplemented with hyaluronic acid as the matrix improves rabbit temporomandibular joint osteoarthrosis. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Biotechnol Genet Eng Rev. 2023 Mar 9:1-22. Epub 2023 Mar 9. PMID: 36892223 Abstract Title:  Ginsenoside Rg1/ADSCs supplemented with hyaluronic acid as the matrix improves rabbit temporomandibular joint osteoarthrosis. Abstract:  OBJECTIVE: To investigate whether and how ginsenoside Rg1/ADSCs supplemented with hyaluronic acid as the matrix can improve rabbit temporomandibular joint osteoarthrosis.METHOD: Isolate and culture adipose stem cells, measure the activity of differentiated chondrocytes by MTT assay and expression of type II collagen in these cells by immunohistochemistry, in order to evaluate the effect of ginsenoside Rg1 on adipose stem cell proliferation and differentiation into chondrocytes.32 New Zealand white rabbits were randomly divided into four groups: blank group, model group, control group and experimental group, 8 in each group. Osteoarthritis model was established by intra-articular injection of papain. Two weeks after successful model building, medication was given for the rabbits in control group and experimental group. 0.6mL ginsenoside Rg1/ ADSCs suspension was injected into superior joint space for the rabbits in control group, once a week; 0.6mL ginsenoside Rg1/ ADSCs complex was injected for the rabbits in experimental group, once a week.RESULTS: Ginsenoside Rg1 can promote ADSCs-derived chondrocytes' activity and expression of type II collagen. Scanning electron microscopy histology images showed cartilage lesions of the experimental group was significantly improved in comparison with control group.CONCLUSION: Ginsenoside Rg1 can promote ADSCs differentiate into chondrocytes, and Ginsenoside Rg1/ADSCs supplemented with hyaluronic acid as the matrix can significantly improve rabbit temporomandibular joint osteoarthrosis.

read more

05:50

Survival Medicine Podcast: Chemical Emergencies, Thyme, Medical Supplies, More

In this episode of The Survival Medicine Podcast, Dr. Joe Alton and Nurse Practitioner Amy Alton discuss the importance of the medic knowing their role and job description in times of trouble, plus how to decide the types and number of medical supplies should be in your storage. Also, the train derailment in Ohio last[Read More]

The post Survival Medicine Podcast: Chemical Emergencies, Thyme, Medical Supplies, More first appeared on .

05:36

Ginsenoside ompound K reduces neuronal damage and improves neuronal synaptic dysfunction by targeting A. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Front Pharmacol. 2023 ;14:1103012. Epub 2023 Feb 16. PMID: 36873999 Abstract Title:  Ginsenoside ompound K reduces neuronal damage and improves neuronal synaptic dysfunction by targeting A. Abstract:  Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common neurodegenerative condition worldwide, with amyloid(A) fibrils presenting as its main pathological feature. This study investigated whether Ginsenoside Compound K (CK) has activity against Aand its mechanism in reducing synaptic damage and cognitive impairment.The binding capacity of CK to A42 and Nrf2/Keap1 was determined using molecular docking. Transmission electron microscopy was used to monitor CK-mediated degradation of Afibrils. The effect of CK on the survival of A42-damaged HT22 cells was determined using a CCK-8 assay. The therapeutic efficacy of CK in a scopoletin hydrobromide (SCOP) induced cognitive dysfunction mouse model was measured using a step-down passive avoidance test. GO enrichment analysis of mouse brain tissue was peformed using Genechip. Hydroxyl radical scavenging and reactive oxygen species assays were performed to verify the antioxidant activity of CK. The effects of CK on the expression of A42, the Nrf2/Keap1 signaling pathway, and other proteins were determined by western blotting, immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry.Molecular docking results showed that CK interacts with Lys16 and Glu3 of A42. CK reduced the aggregation of A42 as observed using transmission electron microscopy. CK increased the level of insulin-degrading enzyme and decreased the levels-secretase and-secretase; therefore, it can potentially inhibit the accumulation of Ain neuronal extracellular space. CK improved cognitive impairment and increased postsynaptic density protein 95 and synaptophysin expression levels in mice with SCOP-induced cognitive dysfunction. Further, CK inhibited the expression of cytochrome C, Caspase-3, and cleaved Caspase-3. Based on Genechip data, CK was found to regulate molecular functions such as oxygen binding, peroxidase activity, hemoglobin binding, and oxidoreductase activity, thus affecting the production of oxidative free radicals in neurons. Further, CK regulated the expression of the Nrf2/Keap1 signaling pathway through its interaction with the Nrf2/Keap1 complex.Our findings show that CK regulates the balance between Amonomers production and clearance, CK binds to Amonomer to inhibits the accumulation of A, increases the level of Nrf2 in neuronal nuclei, reduces oxidative damage of neurons, improves synaptic function, thus ultimately protecting neurons.

read more

05:28

CDC Development Milestones. Vaxed vs Unvaxed Babies (shocking differences) The Healthy Home Economist

To access this post, you must be a member of Healthy Home Plus.

If you are already logged in as a member, please refresh the page.

The post CDC Development Milestones. Vaxed vs Unvaxed Babies (shocking differences) appeared first on The Healthy Home Economist.

Fluoridation Weekly Review #21 Fluoride Action Network

Fluoride Overdosing Reported In Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Customers of the Lancaster, Pennsylvania water system received 2.3 mg per liter fluoride in their water in late December, according to a report from February 3 on LancasterOnline. The level is nearly four times the government recommended concentration of 0.7 ppm.

The report did not indicate the duration of the overfeed, but did note that the excess level exceeded the 2.0 mg per liter level that requires notification under federal and Pennsylvania requirements. The reporter garbled the information, mistakenly referring to what is technically called the maximum contaminant level goal as a mandate.

In late December, the Lancaster Bureau of Water learned it had violated the Pennsylvania drinking water standard for fluoride after testing found its systems drinking water contained .31 milligrams per liter more than the mandated 2.0 mg/L. The violation prompted the city to begin daily fluoride tests, the letter said, and fluoride levels have met the standard since then, read the report.

Elevated fluoride levels affected customers in the city, as well as parts of East Lampeter, West Lampeter, Manheim, Lancaster, Manor, East Hempfield and West Hempfield townships and Millersville Borough, according to the report.

The water system notified consumers a month after the overdosing occurred, a relatively timely response as federal regulation allows up to a year to notify those exposed.

Source: https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/higher-fluoride-levels-recently-reported-by-lancaster-bureau-of-water-system-are-still-safe/article_6928a4c0-a33f-11ed-98de-b34aab890519.html

Dentistry Concerned Over Growing Fluoride Hesitancy

05:00

How Peer Reviewers and Editors Protected a Failed Paradigm for Psychiatric Drug Testing Mad In America

Recently, I published A new paradigm for testing psychiatric drugs is needed on this website. I explain why the paradigm for testing psychiatric drugs, the double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, has failed and has resulted in harm for the patients. I suggested a new paradigm where trials only include treatment-nave patients in order to avoid withdrawal effects in the control group; have psychotherapy as comparator; have patient-relevant outcomes; dont use rating scales to measure the effect; focus on drug harms; have a follow-up of several years; are planned and conducted by people with no conflicts of interest; and provide easy access to anonymised raw data.

My article is highly relevant and it is also evidence-based. It should therefore have been easy to get it published in a medical journal. But all my attempts failed. The article was so threatening to the whole edifice of psychiatry that the peer reviewers and editors did what they could to kill it.

What I encountered should be exposed because it is a story about how psychiatry protects itself while the patients continue to be harmed. At the inaugural symposium for my Institute for Scientific Freedom in 2019, Robert Whitaker spoke about scientific censorship in psychiatry. He focused on two topics of great importance for public health: Do antidepressants worsen long-term outcomes? What do we know about post-SSRI sexual dysfunction? None of 13 and 14 pivotal studies, respectively, about these subjects had been published in the top five psychiatric journals, which did not even appear to have discussed the issues.

Business man protecting with umbrella against wind of papers conceptI first submitted the paper to BMJ. They rejected it saying that I had already raised many of the points in an earlier article in BMJ. Not really. That article was o...

03:24

Best Garden Flowers: Top 5 Beautiful Blooms Most Recommended By Experts Natural Health News

By Anna Landry Seeing colorful flowers blossom in the spring and summer is one of the many joys that come with warmer weather. From roses to sunflowers, there are all kinds of beautiful blooms to admire. But for gardeners, the sight is even sweeter when...

Continue reading...

02:37

Now Is The Time To Take A Stand For Anti-Aging Supplements Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

ANH and the Natural Products Association (NPA) are teaming up to fight the FDA to protect access to NMN supplements. Action Alert!

ANH-USA and NPA have submitted a Citizens Petition to the FDA urging the agency to reverse its determination that NMN is not a legal dietary supplement. If the agency wont change course, then the petition asks the FDA to issue a regulation specifically allowing NMN to be sold as a supplement. This petition is crucial because it lays the groundwork for a legal challenge if the FDA maintains that NMN cant be a supplement. We need to keep up the pressure on the FDA and Congress if want to win this battle.

The petition lays out many of the arguments that weve covered in previous articles relating to NMN. To briefly recap the issue at hand, NMN is a NAD-boosting supplement that helps promote longevity. Last year, the FDA said that NMN can no longer be a supplement. Why?

It all has to do with the backchannel at the FDA that allows drug companies to take natural ingredients and turn them into drugs while banning the supplement versions.

For supplements that are considered new under the lawthat is, they werent sold in or as a supplement before 1994companies must submit a notification to the FDA with studies to prove that it is safe before that ingredient can be marketed. This is the deeply problematic new dietary ingredient (NDI) notification process that we have written about extensively over the years. But heres the issue: if a drug company files an investigational new drug application (IND) and studies that ingredient before the FDA receives an NDI notification on it from a supplement company, it can no longer be sold as a supplement.

This is a massive problem because it creates a stacked deck in favor of Big Pharma monopolies. IND applications are confidential. A drug company can file an IND on an ingredient and sit on it for years. Meanwhile, an innovative supplement company could develop that nutrient into a great product, do the studies to comply with the FDAs ridiculous notification process, and then create a market for that productand then the drug company can swoop in with their IND, kick the supplements out of the market, and create a monopoly. 

What makes the case of NMN so infuriating is that a supplement company filed an NDI on NMN in 2022, and the acknowledgement...

02:30

How Chemicals Help the World Put on Weight Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

With the world on pace to have more than half its population overweight or obese by 2035, its time to look beyond the traditional causes overeating and under exercising to understand why. Action Alert!

Poor diet and a lack of activity are important factors in causing us to gain weight, as are our genetics, but scientists are also learning that chemicals we encounter every day change how our bodies process food. Certain endocrine-disrupting chemicals can promote fat cell growth, slow metabolism, and make it easier to put lost weight back on. While not the sole cause of the obesity epidemic, there are growing signs these chemicals do make us more prone to weight problems  and worsen things for people already struggling with them. As weve argued previously, the EPA isnt doing enough to protect us from these disease-causing chemicals.

These chemicals, collectively called obesogens, exist all around us. Theyre embedded in processed foods and their packaging, they coat our clothes and carpeting, fill the oceans, and even linger in dust particles that float in our homes. In the decades that these chemicals have become ubiquitous, so has the obesity problem. Rates have tripled in the last half century, hitting young people especially hard, and many other species of animals are getting fatter now too. Its an area ripe for more research, but what we know already suggests that the greater our exposure, especially in critical stages of development, the greater the risk of a lifetime of weight management problems.

The study of obesogens is relatively...

02:24

The Staggering Impact of Sleep Deprivation on Our Health Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

From Ronald Hoffman, MD

March is Sleep Awareness Month, with National Sleep Week coming up on the 12th. In commemoration, Ill be spending the next two issues focusing on the impacts of sleep on our health. This week, Im paying particular attention to the impacts of getting too little sleepsome of which you may not be aware of.

Sleep is the single most effective thing you can do to reset the health of your brain and body, according to Matthew Walker, SleepFoundation.orgs Scientific Advisor and director of the Center for Human Sleep Science at the University of California, Berkeley. He says that a catastrophic lack of sleep in modern society is killing us; sleep deprivation affects every aspect of our biology and is widespread in Western countries.

A poll of 2000 adults suggests that the pandemic has worsened Americas sleep problems. Disrupted schedules prompted by remote work have spawned Coronasomnia. Six in ten Americans say their sleep routine during quarantine has them feeling more exhausted than theyve ever felt in their lives; Unhealthy binging on increasingly-pervasive online entertainment and social media has compounded sleep deficits.

A recent study indicates that getting good sleep could add years to your life. Science Daily reports:

Getting good sleep can play a role in supporting your heart and overall healthand maybe even how long you liveaccording to new research being presented at the American College of Cardiologys Annual Scientific Session Together With the World Congress of Cardiology. The study found that young people who have more beneficial sleep habits are incrementally less likely to die early. Moreover, the data suggest that about 8% of deaths from any cause could be attributed to poor sleep patterns.

Optimal sleep factors included: 1) ideal sleep duration of seven to eight hours a night; 2) difficulty falling asleep no more than two times a week; 3) trouble staying asleep no more than two times a week; 4) not using any sleep medication; and 5) feeling well rested after waking up at least five days a week.

Among men and women who reported having all five quality sleep measures (a score of five), life...

02:17

New Study Reveals Connection Between Glyphosate and Adolescent Health Issues Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

From Moms Across America

Chronic health conditions such as diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and metabolic syndrome are increasing dramatically. Children are getting sick more often and what we often think of as lifestyle diseases are showing up earlier and earlier. While the types and amounts of food eaten are important factors, chemicals sprayed onto their food can also play a significant role.

Evidence is mounting against glyphosate, the main ingredient in RoundUp herbicide, as a contributing factor to many widespread diseases. In 2018, a jury awarded school groundskeeper, Dewayne Johnson, $289 million in a suit brought against Monsanto alleging that the companys RoundUp herbicide caused his cancer. Though the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has not accepted that glyphosate is a carcinogen, many studies suggest otherwise. New information is now coming out about glyphosates possible role in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), diabetes, and metabolic syndrome particularly when exposure to glyphosate occurs during gestation, infancy, and early childhood.

The new study reported in Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol 131, No.3, on March 1, 2023, Association of Lifetime exposure to Glyphosate and Aminomethylphosphonic Acid (AMPA) with Liver Inflammation and Metabolic Syndrome at Young Adulthood: Findings from the CHAMACOS Study, is a longitudinal study that followed farm worker families and measured the glyphosate in urine samples over time from the mothers pregnancy until the child was 18 years old. The study concludes that glyphosate, the most commonly used herbicide worldwide, and AMPA, a degradation product of glyphosate and amino-phosphonates, may increase risk of liver inflammation and/or cardiometabolic disease in young adulthood.

As reported in the UC San Diego Health Sciences blog, Herbicide May Increase Incidence of Liver Cancer, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease, the first documented correlation between liver disease and glyphosate was reported in 2019 by Paul J. Mills, Ph.d., professor at The Herbert Wertheim School of Public Health and Human Longevity Science, one of the 12 authors of the latest study.

Read the full article.

The post New Study Reveals Connection Between Glyphosate and Adolescent Health Issues first appeared on Alliance for Natural Health...

01:54

Sprouted Jalapeno Cornbread The Healthy Home Economist

Healthy recipe for jalapeno cornbread using sprouted ingredients for easy and quick preparation with maximum digestibility and nutrition. This jalapeno cornbread is amazing as a side dish with this white bean chili recipe. Why make sprouted cornbread? Its a great option if you dont have the time to make traditionally soaked cornbread. If you find

The post Sprouted Jalapeno Cornbread appeared first on The Healthy Home Economist.

01:35

Grape Seed Extract May Reduce Blood Pressure GreenMedInfo

High blood pressure is considered a "silent killer" that needs consistent treatment and is best addressed even before it begins. A study reveals that grape seed extract may be an effective natural therapy in lowering the blood pressure of men with prehypertension

High blood pressure is a chronic medical condition that affects about 1.13 billion people worldwide.[i] As one of the major causes of premature death around the world, high blood pressure occurs when blood pressure levels are elevated beyond normal ranges.

read more

Thursday, 09 March

12:59

Bid for fluoridated water doesnt float with members of Oneida Common Council Fluoride Action Network

ONEIDA  The prospect of fluoridated water in the city of Oneida came before the council again and was quickly voted down.

Item number two on the agenda at Tuesdays Common Council meeting was a recommendation by the City of Oneida Water Board to apply for a $50,000 grant from the New York State Department of Health to fund a study on the technical and economic feasibility of starting water fluoridation in the city of Oneidas water supply.

The entire Common Council was opposed and the resolution failed.

After the meeting, Ward 6 Councilor Tom Simchik said the city had investigated fluoridating Oneidas water in the past on numerous occasions.

Had we passed this resolution, this would be at least the third time weve considered it, Simchik said. Looking back through my archived emails, the last time we considered fluoridation was in 2015 and 2016 and the first time was in 2002.

And each time, the public was overwhelmingly opposed to it, he added.

Three public hearings were held in 2015, where the city council heard from both advocates and opponents of water fluoridation, with a representative of the New York State Bureau of Dental Health speaking at these hearings in favor. One resident at a 2015 public hearing cited their own autoimmune disease as to why they were opposed, while another voiced concerns over the cost.

We didnt want to spend money and time to look at this for a third time, when we know residents are opposed, Simchik said. Even though it would be a state-funded study, its still tax payer money so why waste it?

*Original full-text article online at: https://romesentinel.com/stories/bid-for-fluoridated-water-doesnt-float-with-members-of-oneida-common-council,170031

11:40

Chronic pain and mental health: What you need to know Chipur

Your hands were already full managing mood and anxiety symptoms. But chronic pain sunk its claws in and your emotional and mental health took a massive hit. Lets see what we can do about it

The post Chronic pain and mental health: What you need to know first appeared on Chipur.

Fluoride Lawsuit Against EPA Prompts Pending Release of Potentially Damaging Report Fluoride Action Network

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) continues to oppose and delay a lawsuit filed against them by the Fluoride Action Network (FAN) to ban the use of fluoride in public water supplies in the United States.

The case has revealed government attempts to limit available evidence and avoid having the facts of water fluoridation reviewed in court. A spokesperson with FAN told The Epoch Times in an email, this represents a major reversal in the federal agencies position, and will ensure that the public has access to these critical documents that would have otherwise remained buried forever.

Fluoride exposure has been linked to an increased risk of hypothyroidism in pregnant women and brain-based disorders in their offspring. There are also findings that higher fluoride exposure is associated with reduced IQ in children.

From Petition to Lawsuit

The lawsuit began in 2017 after a petition filed in November 2016 called on the EPA to protect the public and susceptible subpopulations from the neurotoxic risks of fluoride by banning the addition of fluoridation chemicals to water.

The petition referenced more than 2,500 pages of scientific documentation detailing the risks of water fluoridation to human health, including more than 180 published studies showing fluoride is linked to reduced IQ and neurotoxic harm.

In its Feb. 27, 2017 response, the EPA claimed the petition had failed to set forth...

Tuesday, 07 March

13:23

Product Review: A Trio of Creative and Delicious Organic CBD Products from Sunsoil AltHealthWorks.com

The global cannabidiol market size was valued at 5.18 billion in 2021, and shows no signs of slowing.

The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 16.8% from 2022 to 2030, according to a report from GrandviewResearch.com.

CBD is one of the most unique supplements out there in that it helps to fill a nutritional gap that most people dont even realize is present in their day-to-day life.

Supplementing with CBD products consistently can help tremendously in terms of having better sleep, becoming more  focused, being more relaxed on a day-to-day basis, and helping to keep diseases like cancer and heart-related health problems at bay.

Sunsoil is One of the Best CBD Companies Ever

Sunday, 05 March

Saturday, 04 March

Thursday, 02 March

Wednesday, 01 March

01:28

How to Pack Books for Storage and Moving Waking Science

There are different reasons why you might need to store some of your belongings at one point or another.

It doesnt matter whether you are giving your house a big makeover or about to move into a smaller home: if you want to keep some of your stuff in a temporary storage container for some time, you must pack it properly.

But what about books? If you own hundreds of books, it might be a good idea to sell or donate at least a few so you have fewer of them to put into storage. Then, you must learn how to pack books for storage to keep your precious collection safe.

1. Get sturdy boxes and assemble them

Books are heavy, so you must get sturdy cardboard boxes to store your books. Getting used boxes is okay if they are not damaged or damp.

Avoid getting huge boxes, as they will be a nightmare to lift and move around once they are full of books. Small or medium size boxes are a much better idea.

If you use brand-new boxes, you must assemble them and seal their bottom with packing tape. The strip of tape sealing the bottom flap of each box should extend halfway up its sides.

Your goal is to ensure your boxes can hold the weight of your books!

2. Wrap your most precious books individually

Do you have at least a few precious and expensive books in your collection? Or perhaps you have some old, fragile books that need extra attention.

To protect them, carefully wrap them with packing paper and clear tape before placing them inside a box. Dont hesitate to use more than one layer of paper to cushion fragile books. Dont use newspapers for this purpose, as your precious books could become dirty whenever you unpack them.

If you have bubble wrap, you could pad the bottom and the sides of any box containing fragile books.

3. Pack your books upright or flat

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog