IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Saturday, 18 March

21:00

Mad/Cripistemologies of Pandemic Parenting: Insights for Our Post-COVID-19 Present Mad In America

The COVID-19 pandemic revealed structural inequality impacting the mental health of expectant and new parents worldwide. My ongoing ethnographic research since March 2020 explores how pregnant and postpartum people navigate mental health challenges under the threat of COVID-19. While there is evidence that disturbances in maternal mental health are triggered by hormonal changes and physiological stressors imposed on the body throughout pregnancy and childbirth, my work highlights the social component of psychological distress and disablement this population experiences.

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, mothers and birthing people struggled with insufficient social support and the burden of full responsibility for their own health and safety and that of their children. They contended with constraints that negatively impacted maternal mental health both before and during the pandemic: insufficient postpartum medical attention to ensure the mother is healing, lack of screening and treatment for symptoms of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs), insufficient health insurance coverage in the postpartum period to cover medical and mental health expenses, income insecurity, lack of adequate maternity leave, social isolation, inadequate support with childcare as well as difficulty with feeding the baby, such as trouble with breastfeeding and formula shortages. Furthermore, numerous parents mourned the loss of their prior support systems from their extended families and communities as well as childcare provided by schools and other institutions for their other children.

The pandemic ensued shortly after I gave birth to my first child in 2020, giving me the opportunity to learn from my own lived experience of mental health challenges during my postpartum period, as well as from the experiences of other mothers forming a part of my new online community. My familiarity with mental health challenges throughout my pregnancy and postpartum period afforded me an immersion into the virtual world of global maternal mental health amidst widespread adoption of digital mental health platforms, including online therapy, psychiatry, medication management, and support groups forming a cyber village for mothers isolated from their families and communities due to quarantines and lockdowns.

Though my sample is global, for specificity this article focuses on virtual interviews primarily conducted with participants throughout the US who shed light on the state of maternal or perinatal mental health in this country. Shared themes across all my interviews with mothers demonstrate the presence of disabling social conditions in their postpartum experiences. In particular, these respondents described the grief and rage associated with being socially isolated while healing from childbirth and caring for a newborn, in some cases, entirely on their own.

While not all of the pregnant and postpartum participa...

11:00

Medicine Betrayed: A Conversation With Whistleblowers Articles

Recently, I had a chance to interview three courageous whistleblowers at the Houston Methodist Hospital in Texas. What they had to say was a mind-blowing condemnation of the state of our healthcare system.

We talked about the COVID vaccine mandates that Houston Methodist Hospital spearheaded in the U.S. back in 2021, about vaccinated and boosted nurses getting COVID anyway and being forced to come in to work at the ICU while sick with fevers and about the tremendous fear that the doctors felt over speaking out.

We also talked about a top executive at Houston Methodist allegedly offering the physicians in his inner circle an opportunity to fake the vaccine while publicly touting COVID injections as a necessary and life-saving measure.

Now, philosophically speaking, it is not that shocking to me as a Soviet expat. That is how things were universally done in my old homeland public and private policy, so to speak but seeing such blatant, time-warped signs of all-permeating corruption and censorship-driven behavior in America, as if I were back in the USSR, is bizarre. But first things first. Let me introduce the Houston Methodist whistleblowers.

Dr. Mary Crow

Dr. Mary Crow is a well-respected oncologist and hematologist in Texas. She received her medical training at Baylor College of Medicine and has been practicing for over 30 years. In the 1990s, Dr. Crow was a Chief Oncology Fellow at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.

She is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the Harris County Medical Society (HCMS) and the Texas Medical Association (TMA).

Dr. Crow has been very outspoken about the not-so-scientific nature of the COVID response from the get-go. When Houston Methodist introduced the mandates for physicians, she applied for a religious exemption. As a result, she was not granted an exemption, and she lost he medical privileges at Houston Methodist.

(To clarify, the term medical privileges stands for the right of a physician to work at a hospital. In Texas, physicians are not considered hospital employees but independent professionals who work with hospitals where they have privileges.)

Dr. Venu Julapalli

Dr. Venu Julapalli is a gastroenterologist in Houston, TX. He received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in in Houston, TX, and has been practicing for more than 20 years. In 2005, he founded a groundbreaking gastroenterology private practice in Houston, TX.

Together with his cardiologist brother, Dr. Vinay Julapalli, Dr. Venu is on a quest to bring the heart back to modern medici...

Epidemic of Sudden Adult Deaths Finally Made News Articles

Former BlackRock analyst and fund manager Edward Dowd is one of the brave few who have been trying to get the word out about dangers of COVID-19 shots. While I've interviewed him twice once about the mathematical certainty of a financial collapse and a second time about his book, "Cause Unknown: The Epidemic of Sudden Deaths in 2021 and 2022," his information is finally getting mainstream media attention.

In an interview with Tucker Carlson, he explains that media outlets like Yahoo have picked up on the undeniable increase in deaths among young, healthy adults. However, they're quick to state that such deaths are not due to COVID-19 shots.1 But Dowd isn't deterred. As A Midwestern Doctor noted on Substack:2

"Ed Dowd has focused on utilizing a narrower set of evidence and tying it to one of the most persuasive arguments currently available for shifting the narrative. A statistically impossible spike in sudden deaths has occurred in the healthiest segment of the population and has happened in tandem with a spike in disability (this is why we are now having labor shortages)."

Dowd is intent on bringing global attention to this surge in deaths and disability that has occurred since the COVID-19 shot campaign rolled out, and he's not willing to let anyone, or any entity, stop him. "We have the data. We have the evidence," he says, "and there's a large global murder scene that just occurred."3

Insurance Company Data Reveal 40% Death Surge

"Cause Unknown" details data showing the shots are a crime against humanity. Some of that data comes from private insurance companies, which love to sell group life insurance policies to large Fortune 500 corporations and mid-sized companies because they hardly ever have to pay out on a claim.

Workers at these corporations tend to be in good health, with industry data suggesting the group life policyholders have one-third the mortality rate of the general U.S. population. The death rates have historically been highly predictable among this group until 2021. A report released by the Society of Actuaries4 found mortality spikes of 40% or more that year.

Insurance companies had sizeable increases in payouts for death and disability. Dowd tweeted...

Magnesium An Important Nutrient for Heart Health Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published February 19, 2018.

Magnesium deficiency is extremely common, and recent research shows even subclinical deficiency can jeopardize your heart health. Magnesium is also important for brain health, detoxification, cellular health and function, and the optimization of your mitochondria. In short, magnesium has enormous potential to influence your health and general well-being, especially the prevention of heart disease and cancer, but also for general energy and athletic performance.

Why You Need Magnesium

Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in your body and is involved in more than 600 different biochemical reactions. For example, magnesium plays an important role in:

Creation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the energy currency of your body1,2

Metabolism of calcium, potassium, zinc, phosphorous, iron, sodium, hydrochloric acid, acetylcholine and nitric oxide, as well as 300 enzymes and the activation of thiamine.3

Magnesium is also required for DNA, RNA and protein synthesis and integrity,4 and plays a role in the creation of chromosomes5

Mitochondrial function and health. Magnesium is required both for increasing the number of mitochondria in your cells and for increasing mitochondrial efficiency

Regulation of blood sugar and insulin sensitivity, which is important for the prevention of Type 2 diabetes6,7,8,9 (In one study,10 prediabetics with the highest magnesium intake reduced their risk for blood sugar and metabolic problems by 71%)

Relaxation of blood vessels and normalizing blood pressure

Detoxification, including the synthesis of glutathione, considered by many to be your body's most powerful antioxidant

Muscle and nerve function, including the action of your heart muscle

10:07

Bailout Failure! Bank Runs Drain $550 Billion In Deposits In One Week Are we Looking at an Infrastructure Collapse that will be Blamed on Cyber Attacks? Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy
Editor, Health Impact News

After a brief reprieve of declining bank evaluations yesterday (Thursday March 16, 2023) due to some of Americas largest banks stepping forward to provide an infusion of $30 billion for San Franciscos troubled First Republic Bank, considered the next FDIC bank about to collapse, the financial system took another hit today in the Stock Market as it lost confidence in the ability of the larger banks to step forward and bail out smaller banks.

If anything, it appears more likely that the criminal banking cartel is about to consolidate their power by driving the smaller banks out of business.

And in the midst of bank runs and declining bank valuations this week, the Corporate Media published reports about possible cyber attacks being launched by Russia, according to a research report published by Microsoft.

Big Tech, which we previously reported is now controlling the countrys infrastructure in Ukraine, is also mostly running the operations for the U.S. military today.

So when you discuss private companies who receive $billions from the U.S. Government in defense contracts today, you need to add Microsoft, Amazon.com, Google, and Elon Musks Starlink, and other tech companies to the list of traditional private defense contractors such as Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop, etc.

If the U.S. Government cannot stop the bank runs and the collapse of the banking system, will they just turn to Big Tech to shut down the entire system, either by taking down the Internet or the electrical power grids, or both, and then blame it on Russia and use it as an excuse to start the World Economic Forums Great Reset agenda?

Are the Banking Cartel Wars Upon Us?

Yesterday, a group of Americas largest banks which included Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of New York Mellon, PNC Bank, State Street, Truist, and U.S. Bank, stepped forward to try and restore public confidence in the banking syste...

10:06

Bailout Failure! Bank Runs Drain $550 Billion In Deposits In One Week Are we Looking at an Infrastructure Collapse that will be Blamed on Cyber Attacks? Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

After a brief reprieve of declining bank evaluations yesterday (Thursday March 16, 2023) due to some of Americas largest banks stepping forward to provide an infusion of $30 billion for San Franciscos troubled First Republic Bank, considered the next FDIC bank about to collapse, the financial system took another hit today in the Stock Market as it lost confidence in the ability of the larger banks to step forward and bail out smaller banks.

If anything, it appears more likely that the criminal banking cartel is about to consolidate their power by driving the smaller banks out of business.

And in the midst of bank runs and declining bank valuations this week, the Corporate Media published reports about possible cyber attacks being launched by Russia, according to a research report published by Microsoft.

Big Tech, which we previously reported is now controlling the countrys infrastructure in Ukraine, is also mostly running the operations for the U.S. military today.

So when you discuss private companies who receive $billions from the U.S. Government in defense contracts today, you need to add Microsoft, Amazon.com, Google, and Elon Musks Starlink, and other tech companies to the list of traditional private defense contractors such as Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop, etc.

If the U.S. Government cannot stop the bank runs and the collapse of the banking system, will they just turn to Big Tech to shut down the entire system, either by taking down the Internet or the electrical power grids, or both, and then blame it on Russia and use it as an excuse to start the World Economic Forums Great Reset agenda?

Yesterday, a group of Americas largest banks which included Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bank of New York Mellon, PNC Bank, State Street, Truist, and U.S. Bank, stepped forward to try and restore public confidence in the banking syste...

09:40

Bailout Failure! Bank Runs Drain $550 Billion In Deposits In One Week Are we Looking at an Infrastructure Collapse that will be Blamed on Cyber Attacks? Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

05:16

A Minnesota Facility Admits To A Radioactive Leak Natural Health News

By Mac Slavo A nuclear plant in Minnesota has admitted that there is a radioactive leak from the facility. The admission came on Thursday, that a nuclear power plant near Minneapolis had suffered a radioactive water spill amounting to over 1.5 million liters. Xcel Energy,...

Continue reading...

04:29

Disability as a Creative Practice Mad In America

Do I begin this essay with pen on paper, for the feel of cursive curves in my body, and the visceral contact of my left hand dragging over ink? Or do I tap it out on the computer keyboard with its seductive delete key? These questions of medium and form direct my writing process. When Id begun writing PSYCH MURDERS, a book of hybrid memoir poems about my experiences of shock treatment, memory loss, psych hospitalizations, and bipolar extreme mind states, I wasnt sure about the form the work would take.

Photo of Stephanie Heit, image still from videopoem Mad Flora & Fauna shot by Charli Brissey

For me, usually content comes before form. I write by hand in an unlined journal and later days, months, sometimes years, or not at all I transfer the words to the computer and then revise. The next step is to listen to the material and figure out the form on the page. What shape or feeling does the poem wish to take? Where on the page? How does it breathe? What are its edges? Soft parts? Textures? What are its movement qualities?

Like tides, patients roll in and out. Series 
      of birthdates. Names. Little gender 
     variance. Keep with history. Not much 
     space. An inlet appears protected but 
                  steep cliff, 
         unstable rocks. Not permanent. 
         Psychiatry rents out this room 
   (technically three walls and flimsy hardly 
    private curtain) for their morning high 
   tide. Five days a week. Full moon pull. The 
          waters in our bodies vibrate. 
          Landslide. Brain fried. Next.

04:28

Palmitoylethanolamide dampens neuroinflammation and anxiety-like behavior in obese mice. GreenMedInfo

n/a PMID:  Brain Behav Immun. 2022 May ;102:110-123. Epub 2022 Feb 14. PMID: 35176443 Abstract Title:  Palmitoylethanolamide dampens neuroinflammation and anxiety-like behavior in obese mice. Abstract:  High-fat diet (HFD) consumption leads to obesity and a chronic state of low-grade inflammation, named metainflammation. Notably, metainflammation contributes to neuroinflammation due to the increased levels of circulating free fatty acids and cytokines. It indicates a strict interplay between peripheral and central counterparts in the pathogenic mechanisms of obesity-related mood disorders. In this context, the impairment of internal hypothalamic circuitry runs in tandem with the alteration of other brain areas associated with emotional processing (i.e., hippocampus and amygdala). Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA), an endogenous lipid mediator belonging to the N-acylethanolamines family, has been extensively studied for its pleiotropic effects both at central and peripheral level. Our study aimed to elucidate PEA capability in limiting obesity-induced anxiety-like behavior and neuroinflammation-related features in an experimental model of HFD-fed obese mice. PEA treatment promoted an improvement in anxiety-like behavior of obese mice and the systemic inflammation, reducing serum pro-inflammatory mediators (i.e., TNF-, IL-1, MCP-1, LPS). In the amygdala, PEA increased dopamine turnover, as well as GABA levels. PEA also counteracted the overactivation of HPA axis, reducing the expression of hypothalamic corticotropin-releasing hormone and its type 1 receptor. Moreover, PEA attenuated the immunoreactivity of Iba-1 and GFAP and reduced pro-inflammatory pathways and cytokine production in both the hypothalamus and hippocampus. This finding, together with the reduced transcription of mast cell markers (chymase 1 and tryptase2) in the hippocampus, indicated the weakening of immune cell activation underlying the neuroprotective effect of PEA. Obesity-driven neuroinflammation was also associated with the disruption of blood-brain barrier (BBB) in the hippocampus. PEA limited the albumin extravasation and restored tight junction transcription modified by HFD. To gain mechanistic insight, we designed an in vitro model of metabolic injury using human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells insulted by a mix of glucosamine and glucose. Here, PEA directly counteracted inflammation and mitochondrial dysfunction in a PPAR--dependent manner since the pharmacological blockade of the receptor reverted its effects. Our results strengthen the therapeutic potential of PEA in obesity-related neuropsychiatric comorbidities, controlling neuroinflammation, BBB disruption, and neurotransmitter imbalance involved in behavioral dysfunctions.

04:17

Neuroprotective effect of combined treatment with epigallocatechin 3-gallate and melatonin on familial Alzheimer's disease. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  J Alzheimers Dis. 2023 Feb 24. Epub 2023 Feb 24. PMID: 36846998 Abstract Title:  Neuroprotective Effect of Combined Treatment with Epigallocatechin 3-Gallate and Melatonin on Familial Alzheimer's Disease PSEN1 E280A Cerebral Spheroids Derived from Menstrual Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD) is caused by mutations in one or more of 3 genes known as APP, PSEN1, and PSEN2. There are currently no effective therapies for FAD. Hence, novel therapeutics are needed.OBJECTIVE: To analyze the effect of treatment with a combination of epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) and Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine, aMT) in a cerebral spheroid (CS) 3D in vitro model of PSEN 1 E280A FAD.METHODS: We developed a CS in vitro model based on menstrual stromal cells derived from wild-type (WT) and mutant PSEN1 E280A menstrual blood cultured in Fast-N-Spheres V2 medium.RESULTS: Beta-tubulin III, choline acetyltransferase, and GFAP in both WT and mutant CSs spontaneously expressed neuronal and astroglia markers when grown in Fast-N-Spheres V2 medium for 4 or 11 days. Mutant PSEN1 CSs had significantly increased levels of intracellular APP fragment peptides and concomitant appearance of oxidized DJ-1 as early as 4 days, and phosphorylated tau, decreasedm, and increased caspase-3 activity were observed on Day 11. Moreover, mutant CSs were unresponsive to acetylcholine. Treatment with a combination of EGCG and aMT decreased the levels of all typical pathological markers of FAD more efficiently than did EGCG or aMT alone, but aMT failed to restore Ca2 + influx in mutant CSs and decreased the beneficial effect of EGCG on Ca2 + influx in mutant CSs.CONCLUSION: Treatment with a combination of EGCG and aMT can be of high therapeutic value due to the high antioxidant capacity and anti-amyloidogenic effect of both compounds.

read more

Friday, 17 March

23:11

HPV and Purity Culture Voices For Vaccines

by Hannah P. As an eleven or twelve-year-old preteen in the mid-2000s, I attended a routine physical with my mother at our local pediatricians office. I was receiving all the updated, normal vaccines for my age, such as the MenACWY and Tdap vaccines. The doctor asked if I would be vaccinated against HPV, which protects against HPV strains that cause several types of cancer. My mother...

Source

22:00

Science-Based Satire: Florida Authorities Report First Case of Mosquito-Borne Fentanyl Overdose Science-Based Medicine

Can a mosquito bite result in a fentanyl overdose? Will police soon be fitted with wearable naloxone pumps? Can fentanyl be detected by a handheld electronic device? The answer...is no. This is merely more nonsense cooked up in the mind of someone who probably should stick to his day job.

The post Science-Based Satire: Florida Authorities Report First Case of Mosquito-Borne Fentanyl Overdose first appeared on Science-Based Medicine.

21:19

When journals dont meet their ethical guidelines, will anyone hold them accountable? Retraction Watch

Janine McCarthy

Public attention to the use of animals in research is on the rise, and with good reason. As scientists, we have a responsibility to avoid using animals in our work whenever possible. Not only does this prevent needless suffering and waste of resources, it also leads to better science, because findings from animal experiments often fail to hold up in humans. If studies can be conducted ethically with human subjects, tissues, or organs, they should not use animals. 

On paper, some journals appear to clear this bar. In reality, however, they fall short of carrying out their ethical responsibility: We see many examples, especially in journals in the nutrition field, of published research that was conducted in animals but could have been carried out in humans or using human-relevant methods. 

For example, a recent study fed monkeys Western- and Mediterranean-style diets to produce information about the diets effects on human mood and behavior. Another experiment used pigs to evaluate how diets rich in fruits and vegetables can improve human microbiome health. 

This should give pause to the National Library of Medicine (NLM). When deciding if a journal merits inclusion in MEDLINE, the leading bibliographic database for life sciences, NLM may look at whether the journals ethical policies align with best practices and how well individual articles adhere to those policies. 

Consider the journal Nutrients, which published the studies cited above. In our view, it has a particularly bad record of accepting studies with egregious violations of ethical norms when it comes to experiments on animals. Nutrients own guidelines require the replacement of animals by alternatives where...

11:14

COVID-19 Drug Remdesivir Estimated to have Killed 100,000 Americans Medical Kidnap

by RHODA WILSON
The Expos 

John Beaudoin is calling for a criminal investigation into remdesivir citing data that it may have killed 100,000 people in America.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorised the experimental antiviral drug remdesivir, brand name Veklury, for emergency use against covid-19 in May 2020. By October 2020, it had received full approval. It remains a primary treatment for covid-19 in hospitals, despite research showing it lacks effectiveness and can cause high rates of organ failure.

In mid-February, Beaudoin called for a criminal investigation into the drug, citing data for Massachusetts he estimates remdesivir may have killed 100,000 people in the US. They know, he tweeted, or they wilfully refuse to know. Either way, its homicide.

Using a Freedom of Information Act (FOI) request, Beaudoin received all the death certificates in Massachusetts, USA, from 2015 to 2022.  He produced graphs from the information he received and found 1,840 excess deaths from acute renal failure from 1 January 2021 to 30 November 2022, which he believes may be due to remdesivir.

Beaudoin also revealed an increase in deaths from acute renal failure (ARF) in every age group over 15 years old, from 2015 to 2022. Thousands dead in Massachusetts ARF likely due to remdesivir. This requires CRIMINAL investigation, he tweeted attaching the graph below.

COVID-19 Drug Remdesivir Estimated to have Killed 100,000 Americans Vaccine Impact

by RHODA WILSON
The Expos 

John Beaudoin is calling for a criminal investigation into remdesivir citing data that it may have killed 100,000 people in America.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorised the experimental antiviral drug remdesivir, brand name Veklury, for emergency use against covid-19 in May 2020. By October 2020, it had received full approval. It remains a primary treatment for covid-19 in hospitals, despite research showing it lacks effectiveness and can cause high rates of organ failure.

In mid-February, Beaudoin called for a criminal investigation into the drug, citing data for Massachusetts he estimates remdesivir may have killed 100,000 people in the US. They know, he tweeted, or they wilfully refuse to know. Either way, its homicide.

Using a Freedom of Information Act (FOI) request, Beaudoin received all the death certificates in Massachusetts, USA, from 2015 to 2022.  He produced graphs from the information he received and found 1,840 excess deaths from acute renal failure from 1 January 2021 to 30 November 2022, which he believes may be due to remdesivir.

Beaudoin also revealed an increase in deaths from acute renal failure (ARF) in every age group over 15 years old, from 2015 to 2022. Thousands dead in Massachusetts ARF likely due to remdesivir. This requires CRIMINAL investigation, he tweeted attaching the graph below.

11:01

US Government Releases Censored Documents Detailing Fluorides Impact on Childhood IQ Natural Health News

By Derrick Broze The U.S. government has been forced to release a controversial draft review that confirms previous studies which found exposure to fluoride at high levels can reduce IQ in children. The U.S. National Toxicology Program has released a long-delayed controversial review of the...

Continue reading...

COVID-19 Drug Remdesivir Estimated to have Killed 100,000 Americans Health Impact News

by RHODA WILSON
The Expos 

Beaudoin also revealed an increase in deaths from acute renal failure (ARF) in every age group over 15 years old, from 2015 to 2022. Thousands dead in Massachusetts ARF li...

Joe Rogan and Russell Brand on Censorship, Control and Media Articles

Has the apocalypse already happened? Are we hurdling toward a post-AI reality where it's impossible to know what's real and what's fake? Podcast host Joe Rogan interviewed comedian and activist Russell Brand, delving into these questions and more, including the overarching agenda of control that's accelerated since the pandemic.

Regarding the apocalypse, Brand likened it to homeless people living their lives in tents on the street, essentially "living a hunter-gatherer lifestyle in contemporary America, or living a post-apocalyptic lifestyle in contemporary America."1

"You know, when you're in comfortable spaces, you feel like everything's OK, the end of the world is impossible. And it just seems like entertainment when you hear about nuclear treaties being torn up, that it can't actually happen. But, of course it can. It's so temporal," Brand says.2

The pandemic brought to light how quickly reality can move from that safe space where "everything's OK" to one that's Orwellian, with rampant censorship and smear campaigns against any and all dissent.

With Each New Reality, You Become More 'Porous'

What most people see and hear online is a carefully orchestrated narrative one that globalists weren't expecting people like Rogan and Brand to disrupt. "What our obligation is, as people that participate in this conversation, is to ensure that there is a distinction made between the empirical facts that are discussed and the sort of joy of speculation," Brand says.3

But many ideas that sound far-fetched like a social credit system have already been implemented in other countries, like China. Rogan explains he was warned, "They're going to try to implement a social credit score system, and your money is going to be tied to decentralized digital currency."4

"And your money will be tied to your social credit score system and you step out of line, you won't be able to buy things, you won't be able to travel, you won't be able to do anything. They're going to try to keep you within a 15-minute radius of your home. And they're starting to do that in places. Yeah, all of it's real."5

So, too, is the fact that "centralized systems of corruption that bypass democracy" exist, while the military-industrial complex "through their overt and covert connections to government" is able to "dictate [or] at least influence, foreign po...

Questionable Tactics Used in Vaccine Safety Testing Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published June 12, 2018.

In December 2017, Slate magazine published an astonishing article about the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine Gardasil, revealing how the safety trials for this controversial vaccine actually "weren't designed to properly assess safety."1 Gardasil is supposed to prevent infection by certain strains of HPV virus, which in rare cases may cause cervical cancer if left untreated.

However, trial data from Merck shows that Gardasil vaccinations may actually increase your risk of cervical cancer by 44.6% if you have been exposed to HPV strains 16 or 18 prior to vaccination.2

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has made this document inaccessible, but we've saved a copy of it. In his Slate article, investigative journalist Frederik Joelving recounts the story of Kesia Lyng, a 30-year-old Danish woman who, at the age of 19, participated in a clinical trial for Merck's Gardasil vaccine.

"Lyng's grandmother had died of cervical cancer the year before, so when a letter arrived offering her $500 to take part in a crucial international test of Gardasil, the decision was easy," Joelving writes. "She got her first shot of the vaccine at Hvidovre Hospital in Copenhagen on September 19, 2002. The symptoms snuck up on her shortly after her second shot on November 14.

They never abated. It wasn't until 2016 that she received her diagnosis chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) ... In recent years, Lyng has become suspicious that there is a connection between her disease and her Gardasil immunization. Her ailments evoke descriptions found in hundreds of news stories from women who also received the vaccine, as well as several medical case reports from around the world."

HPV Vaccine Linked to Serious Side Effects, Including Death

Reported side effects of Gardasil vaccination include immune-based inflammatory neurodegenerative disorders, suggesting something is causing the immune system to overreact in a detrimental way, sometimes fatally.3,4

The dangers of high immunogenicity was addressed in my 2015 interview with Lucija Tomljenovic, Ph.D., a research scientist at the University of British Columbia. In it, she explains that by triggering an exaggerated inflammatory immune response, vaccine adjuvants end up affecting brain function.

In collaboration with a team led by professor Yehuda Shoenfeld, a world expert in autoimmune diseases who heads the Zabludowicz Autoimmunity Research...

A Chemical Accident Is Happening Every Two Days on Average Articles

Hearing news of toxic chemical accidents like the February 2023 Ohio train derailment is shocking. Whats alarming, however, is that many assume such disasters are rare occurrences when, in fact, theyre incredibly common.

During the first seven weeks of 2023, the Coalition to Prevent Chemical Disasters (CPCD) reported 30 chemical accidents in the U.S., or one every 1.5 days. On average, one estimate suggests accidental chemical releases due to train derailments, leaks from industrial plants, truck accidents and pipeline ruptures, occur every two days.1

Dangerous Chemical Accidents Occur Regularly

Its a myth that chemical accidents are unusual in the U.S. CPCD maintains a list of such incidents, detailing at least 224 since January 1, 2022.2 Among them:3

• February 25, 2023, a fire at Schulz Xtruded Products in Hernando, Mississippi, caused a container of hydrofluoric acid to leak into Mussacuna Creek.
  • February 18, 2023, a fire broke out at Clean Harbors storage facility in Braintree, Massachusetts. Clean Harbors collects, transports and processes hazardous waste, and the trailers that caught fire were full of paints, epoxy, oil filters and solvents. Residents in the area were advised to shelter in place with their windows closed.
  • February 16, 2023, a fire took place at Nursery Supplies in Kissimmee, Florida, which produces flower pots made from recycled plastics. Two acres of planters were burned, and residents were ordered to shelter in place.
  • February 14, 2023, a tanker truck overturned in Tucson, Arizona, spilling explosive nitric acid and causing a fire that shut down parts of Interstate 10. The truck driver was killed and area residents were ordered to either evacuate or shelter in place.
  • January 28, 2023, two train cars carrying propionic acid and acetic anhydride derailed, causing the chemicals to leak. About 130 people were evacuated as a result.

In 2013, after an explosion at a fertilizer facility in Texas killed 15 people, an executive order was issued, directing the EPA to provide new rules to help prevent disasters at chemical facilities. New rules were issued in 2017, but they were suspended and overturned soon after. According to CPCD:4

On August 19, 2022, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed the Safer Communities by Chemical Accident Prevention (SCCAP) rule, which made long-awaited revisions to the Risk Management Program (RMP), intended to prevent chemical disasters and regulate facilities that use or store highly hazardous chemicals.

09:00

Happy Hour with Pastor Spaulding Part 2 Dr. Tenpenny

03-16-2023 This four-week series is a deep dive into the book of Revelation, focusing on the ecclesias (churches), and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Pastor Mike Spaulding will discuss []

07:55

Vaccine safety and effectiveness are settled science Skeptical Raptor

The Skeptical Raptor, stalking pseudoscience in the internet jungle.

Anti-vaccine activists always want a "debate" about vaccine safety and effectiveness, but it is already settled science based on evidence.

Skeptical Raptor

07:33

FDA Continues Infanticide-by-Vaccine Program Giving Emergency Use Authorization for 4th COVID Vaccine for Babies and Toddlers Under Age 5 Medical Kidnap

Page from a pediatrician manual on how to give multiple doses of vaccines to babies in a single office visit.

by Brian Shilhavy

With the financial system on the brink of collapse and the war in Ukraine intensifying and capturing the publics attention this week, the FDA quietly gave a new emergency use authorization (EUA) for a 4th COVID vaccine booster for babies and toddlers under the age of 5.

For Immediate Release:

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent to provide for a single booster dose of the vaccine in children 6 months through 4 years of age at least 2 months after completion of primary vaccination with three doses of the monovalent (single strain) Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. (Source.)

With the EUA COVID shots now being added to the CDC Childhood Vaccination Schedule, a baby born in the United States can now have 42 doses of vaccines injected into them before the age of 5. (Source.)

And if a child misses a few vaccines, or misses their well-child appointment with their pediatrician, no problem! As you can see from the image at the top of this article, pediatricians are trained to inject multiple doses into babies and toddlers during a single office visit, even though there are ZERO studies on the effects of injecting multiple doses of vaccines at the same time into babies and toddlers.

If the baby or toddler dies after these injections, it will be classified as SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome.

This is infanticide by vaccines, and a way of reducing the population, and it is already happening.

Here are a couple of records from the U.S. Governments own VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System) database where youn...

07:32

FDA Continues Infanticide-by-Vaccine Program Giving Emergency Use Authorization for 4th COVID Vaccine for Babies and Toddlers Under Age 5 Vaccine Impact

Page from a pediatrician manual on how to give multiple doses of vaccines to babies in a single office visit.

by Brian Shilhavy

With the financial system on the brink of collapse and the war in Ukraine intensifying and capturing the publics attention this week, the FDA quietly gave a new emergency use authorization (EUA) for a 4th COVID vaccine booster for babies and toddlers under the age of 5.

For Immediate Release:

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent to provide for a single booster dose of the vaccine in children 6 months through 4 years of age at least 2 months after completion of primary vaccination with three doses of the monovalent (single strain) Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. (Source.)

With the EUA COVID shots now being added to the CDC Childhood Vaccination Schedule, a baby born in the United States can now have 42 doses of vaccines injected into them before the age of 5. (Source.)

And if a child misses a few vaccines, or misses their well-child appointment with their pediatrician, no problem! As you can see from the image at the top of this article, pediatricians are trained to inject multiple doses into babies and toddlers during a single office visit, even though there are ZERO studies on the effects of injecting multiple doses of vaccines at the same time into babies and toddlers.

If the baby or toddler dies after these injections, it will be classified as SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome.

This is infanticide by vaccines, and a way of reducing the population, and it is already happening.

Here are a couple of records from the U.S. Governments own VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System) database where youn...

07:05

FDA Continues Infanticide-by-Vaccine Program Giving Emergency Use Authorization for 4th COVID Vaccine for Babies and Toddlers Under Age 5 Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

For Immediate Release:

05:52

Ginseng Provides Natural Help for Hair Loss Natural Health News

By GreenMedInfo Research Group The two FDA-approved medications for hair loss come with a risk of significant side effects. Ginseng provides a powerful natural alternative By the age of 35, two-thirds of men have some degree of hair loss. By the age of 50, this...

Continue reading...

05:41

What You Should Know About How to Help After a Disaster Natural Health News

By Fabian Ommar When I wrote about the train derailment in Ohio a few weeks ago, I had no idea Id be involved in another ugly catastrophe, this time a natural disaster near my hometown. On February 20th, heavy summer storms caused massive landslides in...

Continue reading...

04:00

Compassion and Understanding Versus Drugs and Disease: Where Does Humanistic Psychology Stand Now? Mad In America

Covers of both issues of JHP

Humanistic Psychology. Im going to tell you a little bit about what that means to me and what it meant to be asked to develop, design, and edit a new two-volume special issue on extreme statesinviting and editing the articles of 26 very diverse authors, 10 of whom (including myself) have lived experience of extreme states.

The first time I read the Journal of Humanistic Psychology (JHP), I was a young psychology undergraduate in the 1970s who was just barely back from my own harrowing, terror-filled, heart-of-darkness journey into un-medicated extreme states. To see those JHP journals sitting on the college library shelves, full of merciful caring about human suffering, was proof that the human heart and spirit could prevail over the human head and the dangerous objectification of the disease model of psychiatry.

The contrast was human-hearted compassion and potential for all, versus human-disordered abnormality/pathology and emotion-killing psych drugs for all.

It was JHP founder Abraham Maslows revelatory hierarchy of human needs and Carl Rogers almost sacred text of modern humanism On Becoming a Person, versus psychiatrys human degradation-justifying Bible, the DSM.

The JHP was the venerable journal of a revolutionary movement began in the 1950s to provide a third force in the field, to counter the two dominant movements of Freuds psychoanalysis and B.F. Skinners behaviorism.

Abraham Maslow became famous for his formulation of a very practical and common-sense hierarchy of human needs that pointed towards a human potential where peak experiences of spiritual- and life-enhancing transformation were held out to be part of our human birthright.

The early pioneers of Humanistic Psychology like Maslow and Rogers viewed the pessimistic and over-determined view of human nature held by Freudians, and the sterile behavior modification regimens of Skinners laboratory style practices, as leaving out too much of what human beings can aspire to.

Rogers classic book, On Becoming a Person, offered an accessible and hope-filled vision of how any of us can partake in the dis...

03:10

Review of Efficacy of Antidepressant-withdrawal Interventions Mad In America

Peter Gtzsche and Maryanne Demasi review efficacy of interventions to help people withdraw from depression drugs.

The post Review of Efficacy of Antidepressant-withdrawal Interventions appeared first on Mad In America.

02:20

New Study Inaccurately Attacks Common Sweetener Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

Why you shouldnt believe the alarmist headlines about erythritol, a naturally-occurring zero-calorie sweetener.

Sugar substitute erythritol, common in keto foods, may increase your risk for stroke. Artificial sweetener in diet drinks and protein bars may increase risk of heart attack. Zero-calorie sweetener linked to heart attack and stroke, study finds.The study in question was published in Nature Medicine in late February, and the media has predictably gone full throttle with the alarmist headlines suggesting cardiovascular doom and gloom for those who use erythritol. As is so often the case, the real story is much more nuanced and complicated.

In the new paper, the authors demonstrate that high blood levels of erythritol are associated with elevated risk of major cardiovascular events; additionally, consumption of erythritol was shown to increase blood levels of erythritol.

Before we get into the study, why does all of this matter? Almost all integrative doctors recommend cutting or restricting sugar and refined carbohydrates (like bread and pasta) in the diet. This is due to the many, many negative health effects from eating too much of these foods, including: type 2 diabetes, Alzheimers, heart disease, cognition, and decreased learning and memory. Sugar alternatives like erythritol allow health-conscious people to enjoy some sweetness while avoiding the terrible effects of eating sugar-laden foods. Many foods contain monk fruit extract, another popular sugar alternative, which is almost always combined with erythritol to tame down the sweetness (monk fruit extract is 200 times sweeter than sugar); erythritol is in fact the main ingredient in some monk fruit products...

02:20

EPA Acts on PFAS Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

Thanks to your advocacy, the agency is proposing drinking water limits on six PFAS chemicals. But theres a lot more work to do. Action Alert!

For the first time, the EPA has proposed enforceable limits on six PFAS chemicals in Americans drinking water. When these standards become final, public water systems will be required to monitor for these six PFAS, notify the public of the levels detected in water, and reduce the levels of these PFAS in drinking water if they exceed the standards. This is a significant step towards protecting public health, but much more needs to be done, so we need to keep up the pressure on Congress and the EPA to address PFAS contamination.

The EPA proposed drinking water standards for PFOA, PFOS, and four other PFAS as a mixture. It is the first time in 26 years the EPA has set a legal limit for a contaminant in drinking water, a sad commentary on the EPAs failure to adequately protect Americans from exposures to environmental contaminants and the power of the chemical industry in influencing the agencys actions.

Chemical industry influence is even apparent in the proposed rule issued by the EPA. The proposed Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCLs) for PFOA and PFOS in drinking water are 4 parts per trillion (ppt) each. But in 2022, the agency issued updated interim health advisories for PFOA and PFOS in drinking water. In that update, the agency states that the newest science available demonstrates that no level of PFOA and PFOS in drinking water is safe:

The updated advisory levels, which are based on new science and consider lifetime exposure, indicate that some negative health effects may occur with concentrations of PFOA or PFOS in water that are near zero [emphasis added].

The limits proposed in the interim update were 0.004 ppt for PFOA and 0.02 ppt for PFOS. Why are the EPAs enforceable standards for PFOS and PFOA considerably higher than the levels they previously said were safe? Undoubtedly this is due to chemical industry influence.

The other issue, of course, is that while (finally) setting enforceable standards on six PFAS is a start, there are about 14,000 PFAS chemicals. It has taken decades to set standards on PFOS and PFOA, two chemicals that are no longer in production in the US. It simply is not feasible to wait for the EPA to go through the motions on the 13,994 other PFAS before we can have drinking water that is PFAS-free.

It may seem strange that chemicals that have been phased out of...

02:19

Get Fat Happy! Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

From ANH-International

Food is big business globally. Into the multiple trillions kind of big. Food is also something every human needs and cant do without for very long, so its not surprising that corporate marketing budgets can be obscene and competition for consumer spend, intense, and often, dirty.

One of the dirtiest marketing campaigns in our recent history, that continues to wreak havoc on peoples health, surrounds the myths, lies, fallacies and omissions about dietary fats. This includes the fats we eat in our everyday diets like butter, cheese, cooking oils, nuts, avocados and meats.

Here are just a few youll have seen a lot in public messaging and the media. They all have one thing in common theyre flat out wrong! But that doesnt mean that they havent become deeply insinuated into the fabric of most peoples nutrition knowledge.

• Eating fats makes you fat!
  • Fats cause heart disease because saturated fats are responsible for the build-up of plaque in the arteries (atherosclerosis) the lipid hypothesis
  • Dietary cholesterol raises cholesterol levels in the body (thats why eggs keep getting a bad rap, not just in the media, but in the science too: here and here)
  • Fats from butter, lard, meat and eggs are bad fats
  • The impression that all dietary fats behave the same because theyre loaded with calories; 9 calories (kcal) per gram, against 4 for both carbs and protein
  • A low-fat diet is best for losing weight, as well as heart health
  • Margarine is better than butter for heart health
  • Yellow, refined, seed oils (e.g. corn, canola, rapeseed) are the healthier choice for cooking than animal-derived fats like butter and lard.

Read the full article.

The post Get Fat Happy! first appeared on Alliance for Natural Health USA - Protecting Natural Health.

02:19

GMO Wheat: A Concerning Addition to our Food Supply Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

From Moms Across America

While commodity crops like corn and soybeans are now typically grown using genetically engineered (also called bio-engineered) seeds, the wheat industry in the US has so far been cautious about introducing genetically modified wheat to the market. That is since Monsanto abandoned plans to do exactly that, back in 2004 due to concerns raised by American farmers about the ability of the US to export GM wheat abroad. Despite USDA claims that bio-engineered wheat is safe, consumers have reservations (Monsantos Genetically Engineered Wheat Scandal Is No Surprise, by Paul Klein, Forbes magazine). While genetically modified corn and soybeans are primarily grown as animal feed or for use in processed foods, wheat is a crop grown to be consumed directly. That makes it a harder sell (Explainer: Biotech corn and soy widely used, consumers still wary of GM wheat, Reuters, March 3, 2023, Julie Ingwersen).

Thats not stopping Argentina and Brazil, responsible for 90% of the wheat grown in South America, from moving forward with plans to cultivate genetically modified wheat. Argentina, which grows wheat for consumption and export has been plagued by variable rainfall which affects its wheat yields. In response, an Argentinian Biotechnology company, Bioceres, engineered a drought-resistant wheat, called HB4, using a gene from a sunflower. It was approved for use in Argentina in 2020. Trials are ongoing but appear to be yielding a larger harvest than wheat grown without the gene. Bioceres announced on March 3, 2023 that CTNBio, the National Biosafety Commission of Brazils Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation, has given full approval for the commercialization and cultivation of HB4 wheat in Brazil.

Proponents of biotechnology, also known as genetic engineering or genetically modified organisms, note that reduced yields due to drought require the cultivation of more and more land in order to produce more food, leading to deforestation. HB4 wheat addresses this problem by maintaining the yields during a drought without resorting to cultivating larger swaths of land for agriculture. (...

Thursday, 16 March

21:00

When it takes two university-federal agency letters and five years for a journal to retract a paper Retraction Watch

Rajivir Dahiya

In June of 2020, officials from the Veterans Affairs Medical Center of San Francisco and the University of California, San Francisco, sent a letter to the journal Oncogene with the findings of an investigation of scientific misconduct: A paper the journal had published in 2007 contained falsified data, and the officials recommended the journal assess this paper for retraction.

The 2020 letter which we obtained through a public records request was the second time the institutions had alerted the journal. As the officials stated, a previous  investigation had found issues in the 2007 paper, and UCSF-VA had communicated earlier evidence that this same paper had data fabrication and/or falsification constituting research misconduct to the journal in 2017

Even though the journal has been notified after the last investigation and not taken action, the 2020 letter stated, they should be notified again because additional research misconduct has been found. 

In fact, a journal staffer was in the midst of discussing the issues in the article with Rajivir Dahiya, the corresponding author and then director of UCSFs Urology Research Center with an appointment at the San Francisco VA Medical Center, according to emails seen by Retraction Watch. 

As weve reported previously, Dahiya, who retired in 2020 and is now a professor emeritus of urology, has had four papers retracted after UCSF and the VA sent letters to journal editors saying that an investigation had found fabrication or falsification of data in the articles. 

The 2020 letter from UCSF-VA officials confirms that the institutions conducted two investigations that found research misconduct, although neither inquiry could determine who was responsible for the faked data. 

Judging from Dahiyas correspondence with Oncogene, the letter also appears to have been a decisive factor for the journals edit...

11:59

The Big, Messy Democracy and Freedom of Speech Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

FreedomTell us you don't ADORE Katie Wright?  We will never shy away from shouting our truth. We have readers from across the political "spectrum" (Mama mia....) and as we head into 2024, we will not shy away from speaking OUR KIDS TRUTH.  Big, messy and loud.

By Katie Wright

Ask ten Americans to use one word to describe what they like about the United States. I bet nine out of ten say, freedom. We place enormous value on the freedom to say what we want to say. The right to free expression is the FIRST amendment of the Constitution for a reason.  Americans detest the idea that the government would censor our opinions and ideas.

America is a big, messy democracy. Americans must accept that others can and will disagree with them. The government must accept that citizens will criticize politicians and policies and the government cannot silence people in return.

We learned in the Twitter hearing that the FBI illegally worked hand in hand with Twitter to censor ideas and opinions the Biden White House did not like, based on political ideology, cronyism and spurious scientific claims. It is a crime for the government to act in this way. The FBI will say that the vast censorship operation was necessary to protect national security! Please, it seems like 99% of censored tweets were about a persons adverse vaccines reaction, anger about vaccine mandates or menstrual problems! Absolutely, almost NO national security issues at stake.

Congress recently held a hearing on illegal and politically motivated censorship at twitter. The four twitter censors in chief were subpoenaed and each read opening statements. I wonder if a bigger bunch of sanctimonious, self pitying whiners have testified before Congress before? I doubt it.

Annika Navoroli was Twitters attorney for Trust and Safety. Wow was she insufferable! Navoroli droned on about how twitter was drowning in a deluge of hate speech. Virtually anything Twitter censors disagreed with was labelled hate speech. Opinions like I think Fauci is a liar! would have been labelled misinformation or hate speech, for example. Along with hate speech violence was consuming twitter whole! Navoroli was asked to do the impossible! including preventing World War 3!! The men and women on the front line in Ukraine did not have it as tough as Ms. Navoroli! Then about ten more predictable comments about dog whistles and blood on our hands! Oh the drama! Annika!!!! The woman who saved...

11:46

US Government Releases Censored Documents Detailing Fluorides Impact On Childhood IQ Fluoride Action Network

The U.S. government has been forced to release a controversial draft review that confirms previous studies which found exposure to fluoride at high levels can reduce IQ in children.

The U.S. National Toxicology Program has released a long-delayed controversial review of the science behind claims that fluoride reduces IQ in children. The NTP review from May 2022 confirms the findings of two earlier drafts from 2019 and 2020 which concluded that prenatal and early life exposure to fluoride can reduce IQ.

The NTP review was made public on Wednesday per an agreement between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), as part of an ongoing lawsuit under the Toxic Substances Control Act. The FAN and plaintiffs are attempting to prove that fluoride is a neurotoxin and should be regulated or banned under the Toxic Substances Control Act.

The NTP review was released with a table of contents detailing the more than 1500 pages of documents. Other documents include comments from external peer-reviewers and internal departments within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), as well as the NTP scientists responses.

that,

this review finds, with moderate confidence, that higher fluoride exposure is consistently associated with lower IQ in children. More studies are needed to fully understand the potential for lower fluoride exposure to affect childrens IQ.

Although the release of the NTP review is a positive development for the Fluoride Action Network and plaintiffs, FAN told The Last American Vagabondwe have very little confidence NTP will ever officially release the monograph as a final report. HHS has now taken over the process, and controls the show.

The release of the internal documents offers a rare window into deliberations which take place behind the closed doors o...

11:28

Report Linking Fluoride to Lower IQ in Children Made Public After CDC, HHS Tried to Block It Fluoride Action Network

The National Toxicology Program on Wednesday released a draft report linking prenatal and childhood fluoride exposure to reduced IQ in children, after public health officials tried for almost a year to block its publication.

The National Toxicology Program (NTP) on Wednesday released a draft report linking prenatal and childhood fluoride exposure to reduced IQ in children, after public health officials tried for almost a year to block its publication.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) initially blocked the NTP from releasing the report, according to emails obtained via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

But a court order stemming from a lawsuit filed by Food and Water Watch against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) forced the reports release this week.

The NTP, an interagency program run by HHS that researches and reports on environmental toxins, conducted a six-year systematic review to assess scientific studies on fluoride exposure and potential neurodevelopmental and cognitive health effects in humans.

The report, containing a monograph and a meta-analysis, went through two rounds of peer review by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Comments from reviewers and HHS and NTPs responses also were included in the report released Wednesday.

According to its website, the NTP removed the hazardous classification of fluoride in response to comments in the peer-review process. Yet, the report states:

Our meta-analysis confirms results of previous meta-analyses and extends them by including newer, more precise studies with individual-level exposure measures.

The data support a consistent inverse association between fluoride exposure and childrens IQ

The results were robust to stratifications by risk of bias, gender, age group, outcome assessment, study location, exposure timing, and exposure type (including both drinking water and urinary...

Surprising Health Benefits of Using a Sleep Mask Articles

Sleep masks provide an economical, DIY solution to get the darkness your body requires for optimal sleep, and just by wearing one nightly your memory and alertness may improve. The finding came from research published in the journal Sleep,1 which underscored that sometimes the simplest interventions have the most powerful effects on health.

This certainly seems to be the case for sleep masks. Blocking out ambient light at night is essential to a good nights sleep and all of its related benefits but it can be difficult to make your bedroom pitch black. Sleep masks provide a different means to the same end a dark environment thats conducive to restful, restorative sleep.

Wear a Sleep Mask to Boost Memory and Alertness

In the first experiment of a two-part study, 89 adults aged 18 to 35 wore an eye mask while sleeping at night for seven days, followed by a period of not wearing an eye mask during sleep and then wearing an eye mask with holes in it, which allowed light to pass through.2 The participants slept with the eye mask for five nights to get used to it before researchers conducted cognitive tests on the sixth and seventh days.

Superior episodic encoding and an improvement on alertness3 was noted when the participants wore the light-blocking sleep mask. They performed better on a word-pair association test, which measures the ability to recall events and experiences, as well as a test to measure reaction times.4

For the second part of the study, 33 people aged 18 to 35 slept with an eye mask one night followed by an eye mask with holes the next night. They also wore a headband to measure brain activity and used a device to measure light upon waking. The cycle was then repeated, with researchers again conducting cognitive tests.

Not only did the light-blocking sleep mask enhance participants ability to learn new information and form memories, but it was associated with more slow-wave sleep (SWS), which may be beneficial for memory.5 The researchers explained:6

The synaptic homeostasis hypothesis posits that SWA [slow-wave activity] (0.54 Hz), a hallmark of SWS, promotes the global down-scaling of synapses that have become saturated during preceding periods of wakefulness and thus restores capacity for the encoding of new information.

After a night of wearing the eye mask, the participants received higher scores on the Psychomotor Vigilance T...

Study: Exercise Should Be First Treatment for Depression Articles

I've been a long-term advocate for exercise as a primary treatment option for depression, and now, an overview of systematic reviews1,2,3 shows just how well-reasoned this advice has been.

Exercise Is 1.5x More Effective Than Best Antidepressants

In all, 97 systematic reviews with meta-analyses of controlled trials assessing the effects of exercise on adult depression, anxiety and psychological distress were included (amounting to a total of 1,039 trials involving 128,119 participants).

Populations included healthy adults, people with mental health disorders and people with chronic diseases. It's the most comprehensive review of research to date, and clearly demonstrates that exercise can rapidly alleviate mild to moderate symptoms of depression, anxiety and other forms of psychological distress. As reported by the University of South Australia, which performed the umbrella review:4

"University of South Australia researchers are calling for exercise to be a mainstay approach for managing depression as a new study shows that physical activity is 1.5 times more effective than counselling or the leading medications

[The study] shows that physical activity is extremely beneficial for improving symptoms of depression, anxiety, and distress. Specifically, the review showed that exercise interventions that were 12 weeks or shorter were the most effective at reducing mental health symptoms, highlighting the speed at which physical activity can make a change.

The largest benefits were seen among people with depression, pregnant and postpartum women, healthy individuals, and people diagnosed with HIV or kidney disease Lead UniSA researcher, Dr Ben Singh, says physical activity must be prioritized to better manage the growing cases of mental health conditions.

'Physical activity is known to help improve mental health. Yet despite the evidence, it has not been widely adopted as a first-choice treatment. Our review shows that physical activity interventions can significantly reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety in all clinical populations, with some groups showing even greater signs of improvement.

Higher intensity exercise ha...

Quercetin A Far Better Flu Remedy Than Tamiflu Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published February 26, 2018.

Your immune system is your first-line defense against all types of infections, be they bacterial or viral, so the most effective way to prevent infectious illness including influenza is a robust immune system. Your diet and other lifestyle factors are foundational for good immune function, but certain supplements can also be quite helpful.

One such supplement is quercetin,1 an antioxidant flavonol found naturally in apples, plums, red grapes, green tea, elder flower and onions, just to name a few. For a more exhaustive list, see Superfoodly's ranking of the top 100 quercetin-packed foods.2

Quercetin has been shown to combat inflammation and acts as a natural antihistamine. Elder flower extract, which is rich in quercetin, has been traditionally used as a tonic to boost immunity. It is also widely known to promote lung and bronchial tract health.

Quercetin is also available in supplement form and has been used to ameliorate obesity,3 Type 2 diabetes,4 circulatory dysfunction, chronic inflammation, hay fever and mood disorders.5 A number of studies have also highlighted quercetin's ability to prevent and treat both the common cold6 and influenza.7

Quercetin Significantly Lowers Your Risk for Viral Illness

Research8 from Appalachian State University in North Carolina published in 2007 found quercetin reduces viral illness and boosts mental performance following extreme physical stress, which might otherwise undermine your immune function and render you more susceptible to infections. The research in question was funded by the U.S. Department of Defense.

To investigate the effects of quercetin on viral illness, 40 cyclists were divided into two groups; half of them received a daily dose of 1,000 mg of quercetin in combination with vitamin C (which enhances plasma quercetin levels9,10) and niacin (to improve absorption) for five weeks while the other half received a placebo.

Three weeks into the trial, the athletes rode a bicycle for three hours a day, three days i...

08:49

U.S. GOP Senator Calls for Shooting Down Russian Planes as War with Russia Escalates Medical Kidnap

Comments by Brian Shilhavy

As the world stands on the brink of a total financial meltdown, the U.S. corporate media was controlling the narrative in a different direction today focusing on the downing of a U.S. drone over the Black Sea that they claim was shot down by Russians.

U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham appeared on Fox News to state that the U.S. should now start shooting down Russian planes, because thats what Ronald Reagan would do, and of course, this is all Bidens fault.

Heres Russias take on the situation as published in the English News publication Sputnik.

The US MQ-9 Reaper drone fell in the Black Sea after engaging in a sharp maneuvering as Russian fighter jets were scrambled to identify the aircraft flying in the direction of Crimea with its transponders turned off.

The US European Command raised the alarm, apparently forgetting how the US Air Forces unleashed a war on balloons last month.

The United States and NATO have created an already intolerable situation around Russian borders, especially in the Black Sea region. They are present there in different capacities. There are [US/NATO] reconnaissance aircraft and drones [in the region], Ivan Konovalov, a military expert and political analyst, told Sputnik.

The US MQ-9 Reaper drone that fell into the Black Sea on Tuesday morning was a sophisticated and very powerful aircraft of a strategic class, the Russian military expert stressed.

Russia Had Good Reasons for Trying to Intercept Reaper

According to the Russian Ministry of Defense, the airspace control of the Russian Aerospace Forces had recorded the flight of US unmanned aerial vehicle MQ-9 over the Black Sea in the region of the Crimean peninsula on the morning of March 14. The drone was flying with its transponde...

08:49

U.S. GOP Senator Calls for Shooting Down Russian Planes as War with Russia Escalates Vaccine Impact

As the world stands on the brink of a total financial meltdown, the U.S. corporate media was controlling the narrative in a different direction today focusing on the downing of a U.S. drone over the Black Sea that they claim was shot down by Russians.

U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham appeared on Fox News to state that the U.S. should now start shooting down Russian planes, because thats what Ronald Reagan would do, and of course, this is all Bidens fault.

Heres Russias take on the situation as published in the English News publication Sputnik.

The US MQ-9 Reaper drone fell in the Black Sea after engaging in a sharp maneuvering as Russian fighter jets were scrambled to identify the aircraft flying in the direction of Crimea with its transponders turned off.

The US European Command raised the alarm, apparently forgetting how the US Air Forces unleashed a war on balloons last month.

The United States and NATO have created an already intolerable situation around Russian borders, especially in the Black Sea region. They are present there in different capacities. There are [US/NATO] reconnaissance aircraft and drones [in the region], Ivan Konovalov, a military expert and political analyst, told Sputnik.

The US MQ-9 Reaper drone that fell into the Black Sea on Tuesday morning was a sophisticated and very powerful aircraft of a strategic class, the Russian military expert stressed.

Russia Had Good Reasons for Trying to Intercept Reaper

According to the Russian Ministry of Defense, the airspace control of the Russian Aerospace Forces had recorded the flight of US unmanned aerial vehicle MQ-9 over the Black Sea in the region of the Crimean peninsula on the morning of March 14. The drone was flying with its transponde...

08:41

Banking Crisis Worsens: Swiss Bank is First Too Big to Fail Bank to be Bailed Out as Saudis Withdraw Support Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy

Switzerlands second largest bank, Credit Suisse, which has been experiencing bank runs and plummeting stock valuations since the end of 2022, became the first SIFI (systemically important financial institution), or too big to fail bank, to crash today forcing regulators to step in and ensure a bailout.

The Saudis almost single-handedly crashed the U.S. Stock Market (and stock markets around the world) this morning when they announced that they were not going to put any more money into the failed Swiss bank.

Problems at Switzerlands second-biggest lender are causing stocks around the world to falterand reigniting fears for the banking sector.

On Wednesday, Credit Suisse s top shareholder said in a Bloomberg interview that it wouldnt invest additional money in the Swiss bank. Saudi National Bank Chairman Ammar Al Khudairy told the media outlet that taking a stake of more than 10% in Credit Suisse would trigger regulatory complications.

That pushed shares of Credit Suisse to a new low on Wednesday. The stock closed down 24% in Zurich and its American depositary receipts (CS) were down 25% in U.S. trading. (Full article.)

While the U.S. Stock Market did end lower today, it most assuredly would have been a blood bath if Swiss Regulators had not stepped in to ensure the world that it was going to bail out their troubled bank. This was after European markets had closed, however, and European banks stock values lost 7% at end of trading in Europe today.

Swiss National Bank Issues Statement: Will Provide Liquidity If Necessary

Summary: 

• Saudis fold refuse to throw any more money at Credit Suisse
  • Credit Suisse stock hits record low
  • Credit Suisse 1Y CDS explodes as counterparty risk hedging soars
  • Credit Suisse execs urged a show of confidence from the Swiss National Bank
  • ECB quantifying exposures to Credit Suisse
  • US Treasury monitoring situation, talking with other regulators
  • Fed working with UST to quantify exposures
  • One major govt is pressuring Swiss to intervene
  • Syste...

08:41

Banking Crisis Worsens: Swiss Bank is First Too Big to Fail Bank to be Bailed Out as Saudis Withdraw Support Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

Switzerlands second largest bank, Credit Suisse, which has been experiencing bank runs and plummeting stock valuations since the end of 2022, became the first SIFI (systemically important financial institution), or too big to fail bank, to crash today forcing regulators to step in and ensure a bailout.

The Saudis almost single-handedly crashed the U.S. Stock Market (and stock markets around the world) this morning when they announced that they were not going to put any more money into the failed Swiss bank.

Problems at Switzerlands second-biggest lender are causing stocks around the world to falterand reigniting fears for the banking sector.

On Wednesday, Credit Suisse s top shareholder said in a Bloomberg interview that it wouldnt invest additional money in the Swiss bank. Saudi National Bank Chairman Ammar Al Khudairy told the media outlet that taking a stake of more than 10% in Credit Suisse would trigger regulatory complications.

That pushed shares of Credit Suisse to a new low on Wednesday. The stock closed down 24% in Zurich and its American depositary receipts (CS) were down 25% in U.S. trading. (Full article.)

While the U.S. Stock Market did end lower today, it most assuredly would have been a blood bath if Swiss Regulators had not stepped in to ensure the world that it was going to bail out their troubled bank. This was after European markets had closed, however, and European banks stock values lost 7% at end of trading in Europe today.

Swiss National Bank Issues Statement: Will Provide Liquidity If Necessary

Summary: 

• Saudis fold refuse to throw any more money at Credit Suisse
  • Credit Suisse stock hits record low
  • Credit Suisse 1Y CDS explodes as counterparty risk hedging soars
  • Credit Suisse execs urged a show of confidence from the Swiss National Bank
  • ECB quantifying exposures to Credit Suisse
  • US Treasury monitoring situation, talking with other regulators
  • Fed working with UST to quantify exposures
  • One major govt is pressuring Swiss to intervene
  • Syste...

08:33

Ginseng Provides Natural Help for Hair Loss GreenMedInfo

The two FDA-approved medications for hair loss come with a risk of significant side effects. Ginseng provides a powerful natural alternative

08:30

Ginseng Provides Natural Help for Hair Loss GreenMedInfo

The two FDA-approved medications for hair loss come with a risk of significant side effects. Ginseng provides a powerful natural alternative

read more

08:08

U.S. GOP Senator Calls for Shooting Down Russian Planes as War with Russia Escalates Health Impact News

The US MQ-9 Reaper drone that fell into the Black Sea on Tuesday morning was a sophisticated and very powerful aircraft of a st...

07:57

Banking Crisis Worsens: Swiss Bank is First Too Big to Fail Bank to be Bailed Out as Saudis Withdraw Support Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

While the U.S. Stock Market did end lower today, it most assuredly would have been a blood bath if Swiss Regulators had not stepped in to ensure the world that it was going to bail out t...

07:15

Relationship between Alzheimers disease and Mediterranean diet Skeptical Raptor

The Skeptical Raptor, stalking pseudoscience in the internet jungle.

New peer-reviewed research has shown that there is a relationship between Alzheimer's disease pathology and type of diet consumed.

Skeptical Raptor

05:08

Whats on Your Plate? 60% of Foods in America Contain Unhealthy Additives Natural Health News

By John Anderer Troubling new research finds the majority of foods purchased by Americans (60%) contain any number of artificial additives such as preservatives, sweeteners, and coloring or flavoring agents. Even worse, these levels represent a 10-percent increase since 2001. The study makes a strong...

Continue reading...

05:01

Withdraw US From World Health Organization Now! Natural Health News

By Neenah Payne Take action! WITHDRAW US FROM THE W.H.O. NOW! If you disliked the way you and our country were treated in response to the COVID pandemic, you are going to hate what those who perpetrated the mask, lockdown and vaccine mandates intend to...

Continue reading...

04:14

Chronic pain and mental health: Psychological interventions Chipur

Your chronic pain is relentless, you dont want to rely on meds, and youre anxious and depressed. Wisely, youve decided to learn about psychological interventions. Say no more

The post Chronic pain and mental health: Psychological interventions first appeared on Chipur.

03:53

What Causes Low Water Pressure in a Faucet? Waking Science

Low water pressure in your home can be a frustrating inconvenience. Whether you are taking a shower, washing your hands, or hosing off your car, you need a substantial amount of water pressure to get the job done right. While low water pressure isnt an emergency, it is cause for concern. Low water pressure in a faucet means something is going on with your plumbing that needs your attention.

Most low water pressure issues can be fixed easily, but some will require assistance from a professional plumber Oshawa. When you are experiencing low water pressure in your faucets, it could indicate something more serious with your plumbing. Try identifying the problem yourself first, but be sure to call in the help of an expert if the issue is beyond your ability to fix.

A certified plumber can help find the source of your low water pressure and will be able to recommend the best way to fix it. This will alleviate the problem and prevent more significant issues from occurring in the future.

If you are experiencing low water pressure in a faucet, here are the seven most common causes to investigate:

Cause #1: Hard water build-up

Your water contains many different minerals. Some of these minerals include sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. These minerals give this water the name hard water. Over time, these minerals can build up on the inside of your pipes and the mesh cartridges covering your faucet.

When this build-up becomes too great, it can reduce the amount of water that can flow through your pipes and therefore cause a reduction in your water pressure. Many home remedies can help rectify this problem, such as flushing vinegar and boiling water through your pipes.

Cause #2: Old water pipes

Unfortunately, your pipes wont last forever. Galvanized steel pipes will only last approximately 20 years before they have to be replaced, while copper pipes can last up to 50 years. After this time, pipes can begin to rust, and the corrosion material can...

Wednesday, 15 March

11:18

NTP Ties Fluoride To Childhood IQ Loss, Bolstering Plaintiffs TSCA Suit Fluoride Action Network

The National Toxicology Program (NTP) has quietly unsealed its 2022 draft report on fluoride toxicity, publishing for the first time its finding with moderate confidence that common drinking water fluoridation levels are associated with drops in childhood IQ a conclusion environmentalists plan to use in their suit seeking TSCA limits on fluoridation.

This review finds, with moderate confidence, that higher fluoride exposure (e.g., represented by populations whose total fluoride exposure approximates or exceeds the World Health Organization Guidelines for

*Original full-text article online at: https://insideepa.com/daily-news/ntp-ties-fluoride-childhood-iq-loss-bolstering-plaintiffs-tsca-suit

Fluoride May Harm Kids, But Evidence Varies, Agency Finds Fluoride Action Network

A federal health agency released on Wednesday extensive information about fluorides health effects and potential to decrease childrens IQ, the latest development in a lawsuit that seeks to ban the minerals use in drinking water.

The 1,573 pages of information disclosed by the National Toxicology Program dont reach final conclusions about the safety or hazards of the mineralwhich has been added to drinking water for decades to prevent cavitiesnor should any public health message be taken from them, said NTP Director Rick Woychik.

Scientists are working to resolve different perspectives on a complicated set of data, Woychik said in an

Friday, 10 March

08:10

Questions @ CoQ-10? We Have Answers Dr. Tenpenny

Today, I want to focus on CoQ-10, an antioxidant that helps the cell produce energy. In fact, this antioxidant is found in every cell of the body and is abundant []

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog