IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Friday, 31 March

02:31

Mountain Modern L-Shape Rotating Desk - ADA "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

L Shape Rotating Desk Configuration

This desk system can be configured in so many ways.  It can be placed against the wall, or freestanding in the center of the room since it's finished on all sides.

l shape desk white modern style

Corner Configuration: Desk arranged as a corner desk, against the wall

peninsula desk modern style white

Peninsula Configuration: All sides of all pieces of the desk are finished, so can be configured as an L shaped desk in the center of a room.  Seating can be placed on both sides of the desktop.

l shape desk configuration

Centered in Room: This desk is finished on all sides, so can be placed in the center of the room - it does not need to be placed against a wall.

desk media wall modern style airbnb ideas hotel room

Desk and TV Straight Configuration: When you need both a desk and TV on the same wall, placed straight, this desk system can deliver both, and adjust in size for a perfect fit.  We are using this configuration for a Airbnb rental, so the bedroom has both a desk and tv, but it looks cohesive.

free desk plans white corner l-shape

Why I Built This Desk

I needed a 12 foot long wall system that provided both a desk and media center, with some storage, for an Airbnb rental project.  I have been wanting to do a corner or L shaped rotating desk for a long time, and thought this was the perfect push to take on this giant desk project.  

I love this modern...

Reginald Bateman, Teacher and Soldier (Bateman) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Reginald Bateman, Teacher and Soldier: A Memorial Volume of Selections From His Lectures and Other Writings (Saskatoon: Printed for the University of Saskatchewan; London: H. Sotheran and Co., 1922), by Reginald Bateman (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)

Early American Medical Imprints (Austin) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Early American Medical Imprints: A Guide to Works Printed in the United States, 1668-1820 (Washington: National Library of Medicine, 1961), by Robert B. Austin (stable link)

Abstract of a Journal of E. Bacon, Assistant Agent of the United States to Africa; With an Appendix, Containing Extracts From Proceedings of the Church Missionary Society in England, for the Years 1819-20; To Which is Prefixed an Abstract of the Journal of the Rev. J. B. Cates, One of the Missionaries From Sierra Leone to Grand Bassa (Bacon) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Abstract of a Journal of E. Bacon, Assistant Agent of the United States to Africa; With an Appendix, Containing Extracts From Proceedings of the Church Missionary Society in England, for the Years 1819-20; To Which is Prefixed an Abstract of the Journal of the Rev. J. B. Cates, One of the Missionaries From Sierra Leone to Grand Bassa (Philadelphia: S. Potter and Co., 1821), by Ephraim Bacon, contrib. by J. B. Cates (stable link)

Chronicles of a Pioneer School, From 1792 to 1833 (Vanderpoel) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Chronicles of a Pioneer School, From 1792 to 1833: Being the History of Miss Sarah Pierce and Her Litchfield School (Cambridge, MA: Printed by the University press, 1903), by Emily Noyes Vanderpoel, ed. by Elizabeth C. Barney Buel (multiple formats at archive.org)

Eliza Ross (Meeker) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Eliza Ross: or, Illustrated Guide of Lookout Mountain (Atlanta: True Georgian Book and Job Printing Establishment, 1871), by A. M. Meeker (stable link)

More Chronicles of a Pioneer School, From 1792 to 1833 (Vanderpoel) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

More Chronicles of a Pioneer School, From 1792 to 1833: Being Added History on the Litchfield Female Academy Kept by Miss Sarah Pierce and Her Nephew, John Pierce Brace (New York: Cadmus Book Shop, 1927), ed. by Emily Noyes Vanderpoel, contrib. by Sarah Pierce and John Pierce Brace (stable link)

My Trip to Africa (Harris) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

My Trip to Africa (Nashville: Cumberland Presbyterian Publishing House, 1890), by Robert Lee Harris (stable link)

New Orleans, Old and New "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

New Orleans, Old and New (New Orleans: Convention and Tourist Bureau, c1914) (stable link)

Record of Medals of Honor Issued to the Bluejackets and Marines of the United States Navy, 1862-1910 (United States. Navy Department. Bureau of Navigation) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Record of Medals of Honor Issued to the Bluejackets and Marines of the United States Navy, 1862-1910 (Washington: GPO, 1910), by United States Navy Department Bureau of Navigation (stable link)

La Bandera y el Escudo Nacionales (Paz Soldn) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

La Bandera y el Escudo Nacionales: Articulo Historico (in Spanish; Lima: Imp. Liberal, 1907), by Carlos Paz Soldn (stable link)

Field Work and Instruments (Walmisley) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Field Work and Instruments (London and New York: Whittaker and Co., 1900), by Arthur Thomas Walmisley (stable link)

Christ's Second Coming (Brown) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Christ's Second Coming: Will it be Premillennial? (fourth edition; Edinburgh: Johnstone and Hunter; London: Groombridge and Sons, 1856), by David Brown (page images at HathiTrust)

Kinetic Theory of Gases (Present) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Kinetic Theory of Gases (New York et al.: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1958), by Richard David Present (page images at HathiTrust)

The Molly Maguires and the Detectives (Pinkerton) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Molly Maguires and the Detectives (New York: G. W. Carleton and Co.; et al., 1878), by Allan Pinkerton (page images at HathiTrust)

The Cellular Cosmogony (Koresh) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Cellular Cosmogony: or, The Earth a Concave Sphere (Estero, FL: Guiding Star Publishing House, 1905), by Koresh and Ulysses G. Morrow (page images at HathiTrust)

The Great Red Dragon (Koresh) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Great Red Dragon: or, The Flaming Devil of the Orient (published under "Lord Chester" pen name; Estero, FL: Guiding Star Publishing House, 1909), by Koresh (page images at HathiTrust)

Our Bible Chronology Established (Thurman) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Our Bible Chronology Established: The Sealed Book of Daniel Opened, or, A Book of Reference for Those Who Wish to Examine the "Sure Word of Prophecy" (fifth edition, revised and enlarged; Boston: Office of the "World's Crisis", 1867), by William C. Thurman (page images at HathiTrust)

Aneka Pemyslovna (Podlipsk) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Aneka Pemyslovna: Historick Romn (in Czech; Prague: Nkl. "Libue", 1879), by Sofie Podlipsk (page images at HathiTrust)

Annales de Domingo Francisco de San Anton Muon Chimalpahin Quauhtlehuanitzin, Sixime et Septime Relations (1258-1612) (Chimalpahin Cuauhtlehuanitzin) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Annales de Domingo Francisco de San Anton Muon Chimalpahin Quauhtlehuanitzin, Sixime et Septime Relations (1258-1612) (in Nahuatl and French; Paris: Maisonneuve et C. Leclerc, 1889), by Domingo Francisco de San Antn Mun Chimalpahin Cuauhtlehuanitzin, trans. by Rmi Simon (page images at HathiTrust)

Vocal Gems From The Idol's Eye (Herbert) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Vocal Gems From The Idol's Eye: Comic Opera in Three Acts (piano-vocal score; New York et al.: E. Schuberth and Co., c1897), by Victor Herbert and Harry B. Smith (page images at HathiTrust)

My Arctic Journal (Peary) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

My Arctic Journal: A Year Among Ice-Fields and Eskimos; With an Account of the Great White Journey Across Greenland (London: Longmans, Green and Co., 1894), by Josephine Diebitsch Peary, contrib. by Robert E. Peary (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)

Shall We Join the Ladies? (Barrie) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Shall We Join the Ladies? (one-act play; c1928), by J. M. Barrie (HTML in Canada; NO US ACCESS)

The Animal Kingdom (Barry) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Animal Kingdom: A Comedy (c1932), by Philip Barry (HTML in Canada; NO US ACCESS)

Bulletin of the Lying-in Hospital of the City of New York "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Bulletin of the Lying-in Hospital of the City of New York (partial serial archives)

Bulletin of the National Association of Wool Manufacturers "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Bulletin of the National Association of Wool Manufacturers (partial serial archives)

The Bulletin of the Needle and Bobbin Club "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Bulletin of the Needle and Bobbin Club (partial serial archives)

Bulletin "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Bulletin (United States Bureau/Office of Education) (partial serial archives)

Bulletin (Virginia Geological Survey) (partial serial archives)

Pike County Press "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Pike County Press (partial serial archives)

Appeal of the Pottowatomie Nation of Indians to the Congress of the United States (Potawatomi Tribe) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Appeal of the Pottowatomie Nation of Indians to the Congress of the United States (ca. 1868), by Potawatomi Tribe (stable link)

Daemonologia (Fairfax) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Daemonologia: A Discourse on Witchcraft As it Was Acted in the Family of Mr. Edward Fairfax, of Fuyston, in the County of York, in the year 1621, Along With the Only two Eclogues of the Same Author Known to be in Existence (Harrogate: R. Ackrill, 1882), by Edward Fairfax, ed. by William Grainge (page images at HathiTrust)

02:12

Agns Godards moving pictures "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

IF I WERE GUARDING the gates of heaven, Id let in all the cinematographers, no questions asked. They toil for such piddling rewards here on Earth. No matter how transcendent their efforts, they

02:00

Making of a Poem: Kyra Wilder on John Wick Is So Tired "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Photograph courtesy of Kyra Wilder.

For our new series Making of a Poem, were asking poets to dissect the poems theyve published in our pages. Kyra Wilders John Wick Is So Tired appears in our new Spring issue, no. 243.

How did this poem start for you? Was it with an image, an idea, a phrase?

With the first line. It was something Id thought a lot aboutI run marathons, and in those tense few days before the race, when Im drinking water and carb loading and meditating on whats going to happen, I watch John Wick, specifically because of the way Keanu Reeves runs. He looks so tired, but hes winning. 

In the fall of 2021, I was tapering for a marathon and then I had to go to a funeral, and suddenly my John Wick time got invaded by real grief. And John Wick was good for that, too. 

What were you reading while you were writing the poem?

I was reading a lot of Ian Fleming that fall. I got pretty obsessed with the fact that he included a recipe for scrambled eggs in a James Bond story. In that story, Bond is completing some kind of mission in New York but also being really whiny about the poor quality of American eggsto the point that hes wandering around the city going into bodegas and criticizing them. So, it was either going to be John Wick Is So Tired or James Bond Could Make You Some Pretty Good Eggs.    

Where did you write this poem? 

That glissade is in there because I was writing in the car, waiting to pick up my daughter from ba...

02:00

Polystruder Brings Filament Production To Your Desktop "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Polystruder Brings Filament Production To Your Desktop

One thing that almost any 3D printing enthusiast will agree on is that filament waste is a frustrating concern. Depending on the machine youre using, your failure rate, or how it handles purging, the amount of wasted filament can sometimes be shocking. This adds up not only to wasted money, but also more stuff in []

The post Polystruder Brings Filament Production To Your Desktop appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

01:45

Yayoi Kusamas Dreamy Polka-Dot Exhibition Opens in Miami "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Yayoi Kusamas Dreamy Polka-Dot Exhibition Opens in Miami

Yayoi Kusama Exhibition

Yayoi Kusama, LOVE IS CALLING, 2013. Acquired through the generosity of Barbara Lee | The Barbara Lee Collection of Art by Women, Fotene Demoulas and Tom Cot, Hilary and Geoffrey Grove, Vivien and Alan Hassenfeld, Jodi and Hal Hess, Barbara H. Lloyd, and an anonymous donor. Photo by Mel Taing. YAYOI KUSAMA. Courtesy David Zwirner, New York; Ota Fine Arts, Tokyo | Singapor | Shanghai; Victoria Miro, London | Venice

If you've never had a chance to walk through one of Yayoi Kusamas immersive installations, a new opportunity has opened up in Florida. Titled Yayoi Kusama: LOVE IS CALLING, this new exhibition at the Prez Art Museum Miami features a dreamscape of large inflatable tentacles in a range of colors. Visitors can walk through a series of darkened rooms and experience Kusama's signature polka dots amidst mirrors and poetry.

We are thrilled to showcase LOVE IS CALLING at Prez Art Museum Miami, a perfect home for a work that connects people from all walks of life, Franklin Sirmans, PAMM director, says. As part of Kusama's series of Infinity Mirror Rooms, these massive sculptural pieces are placed on the floors and ceilings of mirrored rooms, creating the illusion of limitless space through endless reflections. Adding to the visual experience is a recording of Kusama's voice. She reads a poem that she wrote titled Residing in a Castle of Shed Tears in Japanese, which expresses a universal message of love. The recording is played on a loop, merging with...

01:34

Stuttgart Stock Exchange Unit Secures BaFin License for Crypto Custody "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Boerse Stuttgart has received approval to serve as crypto custodian. (Shutterstock)

01:21

Bitcoin Price Rally Stalls as Whales Take Profits: CryptoQuant "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Short-term holders are taking profits at the highest profit margin in more than a year, CryptoQuant analysts said. (CryptoQuant)

01:12

Sam Bankman-Fried to Plead Not Guilty to Bribery, Campaign-Finance Charges: Reuters "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried will plead not guilty to the latest charges leveled against him, Reuters reported. (Liz Napolitano/CoinDesk)

01:06

Cointelegraph Markets Pros 390% gain dwarves Bitcoins 33% rise "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cointelegraph Markets Pro alerts beat the market once again, providing seven trading opportunities based on four different asset indicators.

01:03

Theres No Reason To Trust Banks And, Thanks To Bitcoin, We Dont Have To "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Trust in central and commercial banks is eroding quickly. The internet and social media are oil in the fire and Bitcoin is the extinguisher.

This is an opinion editorial by Julian Liniger, the co-founder and CEO of Relai, a Swiss-based, bitcoin-only investment app.

Trust Us, Bro As The Only Tool Left

Banking only works when there is trust. Its fundamentally based on the belief that the banking system is strong and resilient enough to protect your money. But this trust-based system has shown that the rich and powerful benefit from this protection. As we saw in 2008 and since, the regular taxpayer is paying the bill.

Its ironic that Credit Suisse, which emerged as one of the winners of the 2008 financial crisis, is among the first banks to bite the dust in this current crisis. Between 2008 and 2023, weve seen many scandals, constant litigation, terrible risk management,and never-ending drama, slowly eroding trust in a once prestigious institution.

So, who has to pay the price for this? You guessed right: Everyone in Switzerland does! The Credit Suisse bailout (though no one officially calls it a bailout) is estimated to cost Swiss taxpayers a staggering 109 billion Swiss francs ($13,500 for every man, woman and child in the country).

Like those of commercial banks, central banks' decisions and actions are only effective when people trust them. The Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank (ECB) (among many other central banks worldwide) have made bold claims, only to be proven wrong. Officials like Janet Yellen, Jerome Powell and Christine Lagarde have consistently underestimated inflation. They even ridiculed anyone warning of the consequences of years-long ultra-low interest rates and unhinged balance sheet expansions during COVID-19.

Now, the claims meant to calm us are back to haunt them. Yellen famously said in 2017 that we would never see a financial crisis again. Lagarde was reluctant to explain how to tackle inflation in a talk show and just said that inflation will come down in due time, only to...

01:02

Ethereum's Shanghai Is Nearing, but When Can I Withdraw My Staked ETH? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Ethereum stakers may have to wait withdraw their ETH. (Britt Fuller/Creative Commons, modified by CoinDesk)

00:56

In a 100-Day Printmaking Project, Lisa Stubbs Reflects on the Holme Valley from a Birds-Eye View "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

All images Lisa Stubbs, shared with permission

Artist Lisa Stubbs is in the midst of a 100-day project that both explores unusual printmaking materials and recalls the topographical allure of her hometown. Working from her studio in Slaithwaite, West Yorkshire, Stubbs began the series as a way to experiment with utilizing cleaned and flattened Tetra Pak cartons in place of wood or metal plates. She layers ink onto the plastic-coated cardboard and uses a type of gauze known as a scrim to wipe away the excess pigment. For me, this is the playful part of the process as the scrim creates beautiful gestural marks on the Tetra Pak surface, she says. Its very organic and intuitive, making each print unique despite using the same plate.

Set on vintage and hand-painted papers, the resulting works feature a recurring house with a small door on the bottom right, a chimney, and an oversized bird perched on the roof. While the ink colors and images change, the central structure remains constant and evokes the homes of Stubbs native Holmfirth, a small town nestled in the Holme Valley. The lands steep elevation means that many houses are built on angles, with their backyards at window-level rather than ground. The beauty of this is when youre sitting in your back garden, you enjoy breathtaking views over your rooftop, the artist says, sharing:

Ova tops, to be said in broad Yorkshire tones, you can see a birds eye view of the Holme Valley and Black Hill, part of the Peak District and the rough fringe of Saddleworth Moor, a view thats become a comforting touchstone and one I never tire of. I wanted my printmaking to illustrate the character...

00:56

Crypto Hardware Wallet Maker Ledger Raises Most of $109M Round: Bloomberg "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Hardware wallet maker Ledger raises nearly $109 million in funding (Pixabay)

00:52

The Questions That Linger After Do Kwons Arrest "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Do Kwon (April 2021) (Terra, modified by CoinDesk)

00:52

OPENAI CEO: IT'S NOT FUNNY THAT I'M AFRAID OF THE AI WE'RE CREATING "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Picture
The CEO of OpenAI has admitted repeatedly that he's scared of the tech his company is cooking up but he doesn't think you should make fun of him for it.

"I think it's weird when people think it's like a big dunk that I say, I'm a little bit afraid," OpenAI CEO and noted doomsday prepper Sam Altman told podcaster Lex Fridman in an episode dropped this past weekend. "And I think it'd be crazy not to be a little bit afraid, and I empathize with people who are a lot afraid."
While Altman iterated during his Fridman show appearance that his concerns are primarily "disinformation problems or economic shocks" and not algorithmic "superintelligence," he has said a bunch of stuff recently that suggests that he's more than a little wigged out about AI.

Take, for instance, his recent comments to ABC News: "A thing that I do worry about is... [OpenAI is not] not going to be the only creator of this technology."
"There will be other people who don't put some of the safety limits that we put on it,"
Altman added.
YOU HEARD THE MAN! IT'S NOT FUNNY!
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/

00:50

Quirky Bunny Night Light Can Be Hung From Its Ears to Light Up Your Closet "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Quirky Bunny Night Light Can Be Hung From Its Ears to Light Up Your Closet

This Quirky Night Lamp Looks Like a Tired Rabbit and Can Be Hung From the Ears to Light Up Your Closet

This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, My Modern Met may earn an affiliate commission. Please read our disclosure for more info.

We all know that sluggish feelingwhether at the end of the day, after a heavy meal, or just as you get up, your eyes become heavy and you do your best to fight off the sleepiness. This quirky bunny night lamp by MUID captures that exact mood, making it the perfect addition to your night stand. On top of glowing and making you smile with that adorable face, its unique shape makes it a versatile and helpful companion.

While you can keep the glowing rabbit by your bed as you would with any night lamp, its ingeniously designed chunky body doubles as a phone stand. Whether you want to watch some videos before you fall asleep or keep your phone at hand, the bunny will hold your device with its belly and face.

As helpful as the face and belly are, the ears are what make the bunny lamp unique. Besides being an incredibly cute addition, the ears are also add another of functionality due to their flexibility. You can shape them into different positions, but you can also wrap the ears around a closet rod for additional lighting when sorting your things or getting ready. The extra benefit of this feature is glancing up to see a chubby rabbit hanging from its ears looking as thought its thinking, This is my life now.

And if its rotund body makes you want to squish it, you'll be happy to know that that's exactly what youre meant to do to turn it on and off. The lamp also has a timer function. After a long day, when you and this bunny lamp are ready for bed, you can set a timer for it to shut its light and go to sleep.

The sleepy bunny night lamp is currently available for wholesale purchases on Alibaba, but you can...

00:35

Hong Kong turns to Japan for advice after mind-boggling Web3 influx "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Hong Kong is looking to Japan for guidance to become a friendly environment for cryptocurrency following an overwhelming response to Web3 investment.

00:30

Crypto Exchange Kraken Commits to Tougher Rules Required by Canada "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Kraken commits to tougher rules in Canada (sebastiaan stam / Unsplash)

00:24

BNB Chain-Based DEX Level Finance Votes on Transferring $200M to Treasury "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Level Finance is holding a vote among its community members on transferring $200 million in its LVL tokens to its treasury. (Shutterstock)

00:12

Indonesian government looks to NFTs to preserve cultural heritage "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Deputy of Indonesias Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy explains how NFTs and cryptocurrency can help solve social and economic challenges within Indonesia.

00:12

First Mover Americas: Investors Dig Risk Again "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Investors are digging into risky assets, including bitcoin. (Getty Images)

00:10

AI makes the metaverse safer and more inclusive: The Sandbox co-founder "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

AI continues to be more pervasive in emerging technologies, and according to a co-founder of The Sandbox, it will make digital spaces more inclusive places.

00:06

Another Huge Reason You Should Come Out as an Atheist: Politics "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Science, rationality, common sense, recognizing the diversity of our citizens all those should be the underpinnings of our laws.

00:00

Injective launches layer-2 testnet for Solana-based apps in Cosmos "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The new testnet is one of the few networks that uses Solanas Sea Level Virtual Machine (SVM).

ZKP could help resolve blockchain tensions with GDPR "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Given the participants, their roles and GDPR definitions, there is some work to do.  

Thursday, 30 March

23:55

Discover Your Photographic Style: Which Genre of Photography Suits You Best? [Quiz] "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Discover Your Photographic Style: Which Genre of Photography Suits You Best? [Quiz]

Photography Genre Quiz

This quiz was generated with the help of ChatGPT. Content was then revised and fact-checked by My Modern Met.

Looking to take up photography or perhaps shake up your image-capturing pursuits? With so many genres and styles of photography to choose from, you might find yourself wondering where you should start or what you should try next. Either way, we've created a quick, fun quiz to help you discover the genre of photography that matches your personality.

Make sure you spend your time photographing what you love by answering 10 simple questions. We'll then match you with a genre of photography and set you up to start shooting. As always, if you decide to enter your email address, we'll send you a personalized message with your results along with some informative articles about the genre that works for you.

You'll also get information about creative camera gear and online photography classes to help you on your way. But don't worry; even if you don't want the email, you can still see your results. So dive in and see what creative adventure awaits you.

Related Articles:

Discover Your Inner Artist: Which Famous Artist Are You? [Quiz]

Test Your Art Knowledge: How Much Do You Know About Impressionism? [Quiz]

Discover Your Next Craft: Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Creative Hobby [Quiz]

23:31

that we wasted so much time on thoughts and prayers while kids... "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

that we wasted so much time on thoughts and prayers while kids continued to die? no shit

23:28

The Cosmic False Flag "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

From Devon: I believe that this epic informative education, by Steven Greer, is useful to present as a memory refresher.
A carwash for our memory so to speak ????
I believe that when the firework box is opened, showing us wonders in our skies, it may be the best timing in our present human condition.
With the exposure of Ukraine's malevolence, causing the handlers of this war to stand in shame.
So that the rats running on the sinking ship will try something new, in a desperate attempt to save themselves and hold a firm grip on planet Earth's ground control, survival.
Keep going, birthing the new you, the new "other", the new "us" humanity.

23:24

Link "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

From expose-news.com:

Graphene oxide, a substance that is poisonous to humans, has been found in the Covid 19 vaccines, in the water supply, in the air we breathe through chemtrails, and is even in our food supply.  Graphene oxide interacts and is activated by electromagnetic frequencies (EMF), specifically the broader range of frequencies found in 5G which can cause even more damage to our health.

The symptoms of graphene oxide poisoning and EMF radiation sickness are similar to those symptoms described as Covid. The good news is, now that graphene oxide has been identified as a contaminant, there are ways to remove graphene oxide from our bodies and restore your health.

This is a holistic approach of using several different methods simultaneously for the best effect. Including, specific supplements to degrade the graphene oxide in the body, and controlling EMFs in the environment to minimize graphene oxide activation.

This information comes from several sources and is based on scientific studies. Links are reference below.

Understanding Glutathione

Glutathione is a substance made from the amino acids: glycine, cysteine, and glutamic acid. It is produced naturally by the liver and involved in many processes in the body, including tissue building and repair, making chemicals and proteins needed in the body, and for the immune system.  We have a natural glutathione reserve in our bodies. This is what gives us a strong immune system.

23:05

Layer-2 project exec zooms in on the capabilities of Ethereum scaling solutions "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Metis co-founder Elena Sinelnikova delves into the world of layer-2 blockchain technology, and its potential to transform how we interact, collaborate and build the decentralized economy of the future.

23:03

Bitcoin spikes above $29K as fakeout fuels BTC price strength doubts "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

BTC price action snatches at $30,000, but Bitcoin market participants dismiss it as a deviation at range highs.

22:45

Thai SEC wants to lift restrictions on initial coin offerings "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The latest proposal by the SEC of Thailand follows a series of regulatory changes targeting the digital asset market in the country.

22:15

Crypto donations to surpass $10B in a decade: The Giving Block "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Giving Block reported that USDC accounted for 44% of the crypto donation volume on its platform in the last year, followed by ETH (24%) and BTC (17%).

22:00

David Byrne Explains How the Big Suit He Wore in Stop Making Sense Was Inspired by Japanese Kabuki Theatre "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

In the nineteen-seventies and eighties, the name of David Byrnes band was Talking Heads as the title of their 1982 live album perpetually reminds us. But their overall artistic project arguably had less to do with the head than the body, a proposition memorably underscored in Stop Making Sense, the Jonathan Demme-directed concert film that came out two years later. Music is very physical and often the body understands it before the head, Byrne says in a bizarre contemporary self-interview previously featured here on Open Culture. To make that fact visible onstage, I wanted my head to appear smaller, and the easiest way to do that was to make my body bigger.

Hence costume designer Gail Blackers creation of what Talking Heads fans have long referred to as the big suit. Byrne has always been willing discuss its origins, which he traces back to a trip to Japan. There, as he put it to Entertainment Weekly in 2012, hed seen a lot of traditional Japanese theater, and I realized that yes, that kind of front-facing outline, a suit, a businessmans suit, looked like one of those things, a rectangle with just a head on top.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

21:54

From Bat-Signal to Bitcoin: Projecting Orange Pill on banks as EU drives crypto regulation "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Bitcoin logo lights up on the European Central Bank building in Frankfurt as Bitcoiners urge bankers to study Bitcoin.

21:35

Government requests for user data from Big Tech increased by 25%: Report "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Requests for user data from Big Tech companies such as Apple, Google and Microsoft continue to rise year-over-year from governments worldwide.

21:20

Why You Shouldnt Have Uber or Lyft Drivers Pick You up Directly at the Airport "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Theres no doubt about it, getting an Uber ride at the airport can be a nightmare.

And a woman shared a video on TikTok and told viewers about how you can save a bunch of cash by not getting picked up directly at the airport when you need a ride.

A TikToker says she saved over $30 dollars on an Uber by walking to the hotel near the airport, warning other travelers not to get ripped off in a now-viral video.

Check out what this woman said and pay close attention, okay/

@olivia.engstrom @uber Im on to you #travelhack #travelhacks #savemoney #uber #airports #travel #fyp #foryou...

21:16

Revolut not happy with how fintech deals with audit red flags: Report "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Revolut reportedly issued a public statement and hired lawyers in March in order to prove the misreporting of the audit opinion by BDO.

21:00

Link "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Brad Olsen has traveled the world investigating legends of ancient civilizations, paranormal phenomena and UFOs. Among the many places he has visited is the Grand Canyon, Arizona, which has long been rumored to have ancient Egyptian and Far Eastern artifacts in its numerous caves estimated to be over a 1000. In this Exopolitics Today interview, []

Spanish Style Chicken and Chorizo Stew "IndyWatch Feed Food"

A Spanish style chicken stew with chorizo sausage, paprika and plenty of bell pepper! This is a straight forward chicken stew thats simple and packed with flavour! It starts out by browning the skin of some chicken thighs and cooking tasty Spanish style chorizo sausage. Onions and bell peppers are then cooked before adding chicken...

Read On

The post Spanish Style Chicken and Chorizo Stew appeared first on Closet Cooking.

Axie Infinity creator works with studios to push Web3 adoption through new games "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Sky Maviss head of business development, Kathleen Osgood, told Cointelegraph that its goal is to onboard as many people into the ecosystem as possible.

20:40

Blockchain and regulated stablecoins to be widely used by 2030, industry execs say "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Digital regulatory professionals have predicted the wide use of stablecoins worldwide by 2030, despite the current competition between TradFi and DeFi.

19:10

DeFi KYC: Not an issue as 99% have nothing to hide, industry execs say "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Traditional finance observes money laundering happening every day despite rigorous KYC measures, according to DeFi industry execs.

19:00

Link "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Let me quote myself: From 2010 to 2012, filmmaker Kirby Ferguson released Everything is a Remix, a four-part series that explored art and creativity, and particularly how artists inevitably borrow from one another, draw on past ideas and conventions, and then turn these materials into something beautiful and new. In the initial series, Ferguson focused on musicians, filmmakers, writers and even video game makers. Now, a little more than a decade later, Ferguson has resurfaced and released a fifth and final chapter in his series, with this episode focusing on a different kind of artist: artificial intelligence. Above, you can watch the complete edition of Everything is a Remix, with all parts combined into a single, hour-long video. A transcript of the entire production can be found here. Watch. Ponder. Create.

If you would like to sign up for Open Cultures free email newsletter, please find it here.

If you would like to support the mission of Open Culture, consider making a donation to our site. Its hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere. You can contribute through PayPal, Patreon, Venmo (@openculture) and Crypto. Thanks!

Related Content 

The Long Game of Creativity: If You Havent Created a Masterpiece at 30, Youre Not a Failure

David Lynch Explains How Meditation Enhances Our Creativity

Malcolm McLaren: The Quest for Authentic Creativity

18:46

Benjamin Fulford Report: Western financial system suffers $8 trillion implosion, revolution follows March 27, 2023 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

The collapse of the Western financial system is a mathematical certainty because recent rate hikes created at least an $8 trillion loss for financial institutions. Governments have been trying to foist this on the people. Revolution will be the result. This is why unprecedented unrest is overtaking France, Germany, Pakistan, Israel and many other places. There is also a global awakening to the fact the so-called rules-based world order, means rule by genocidal, Satan-worshipping criminals. This means mass arrests and war crimes tribunals are inevitable. The question now is which Khazarian mafia puppet leader will be first to fall, Emanuelle Macron of France or Benyamin Netanyahu of Israel? Whoever it is, they will be followed in short order by the fake President Joe Biden in the US, Justin Castrudeau in Canada, Olaf Scholz in Germany and Ursula von de Leyen of the EU., Other dominoes to fall will include the fake Pope Francis, and puppet leaders in Pakistan, South Korea, Japan etc. Since the bankruptcy of the Western Khazarian mafia ruling class is the cause of the political turmoil, let us first look at the latest developments on this front. The basic story is that no matter how hard you try to avoid reality, eventually, it finds a way of catching up. The KM started avoiding reality first by allowing banks to lend $100 for every $8 they have; these are the so-called BIS rules. This is dangerous because it means more than ten times leverage. Then, since this was falling apart, Bill...

18:46

Hong Kong fund plans to raise $100 million for crypto investment "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The new Hong Kong-based equity fund will focus on the regional market and embrace Web3 startups.

16:44

Matt Damon reveals why he appeared in Crypto.coms most infamous ad "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Hollywood icon was relentlessly mocked for appearing in the ad in 2021, which was released just before the crypto markets plummeted.

16:30

OKX plans Australian expansion, citing huge appetite for crypto "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The exchanges chief marketing officer believes Australians are above the curve when it comes to crypto education and interest.

Oxytocin and birth: the latest evidence "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

What is the latest evidence about oxytocin and birth?

A systematic review has confirmed that, when synthetic oxytocin is given in labour, neither mums nor babies will experience the direct beneficial effects that we see when this hormone is secreted naturally.

However, there are significant indirect impacts potentially harming the fetus and increasing maternal pain and stress. (Buckley et al 2023).

This is a really important paper, as it summarises a number of studies that have looked at a topic that affects many of us.

Millions of women and babies are exposed to synthetic oxytocin during labour, because this is given to induce and augment (speed up) labour, as well as in medically managed placental birth and to stop bleeding after birth.

In some situations, such as when bleeding occurs after birth, synthetic oxytocin is lifesaving and genuinely warranted.

In many others, including induction and augmentation of labour without good reason, the risks of giving synthetic oxytocin may not outweigh any possible benefits.

This is of concern as induction of labour rates are rising around the world and many women also have their labour augmented with oxytocin, which is also known as Syntocinon or Pitocin.

15:45

He Told His Mom She Should Be Grateful for What He Gave Her. Did He Go Too Far? "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Some people need to be reminded once in a while that they should be grateful for what they have

Even if you know its going to cause some hard feelings.

And that, my friends, is the question were looking at today: was this guy an a**hole for what he said to his mom?

Lets see what happened

AITA for telling my mum to be grateful for the scraps I got her for her birthday?

My fiancee, Diane, and I have been together for almost a decade. I met her in my second year of uni and its been fantastic ever since. Shes lovely and I cannot wait to marry her.

For most of our relationship, my mum h**ed Diane for no reason. My mum would harass my fiancee, call her the most disgusting names, and act like a teenage bully. It got so bad that I stopped speaking to my mum for years because of it.

About two years ago, my mum apologised for treating Diane poorly and wanted to welcome her into the family. It was rather unexpected. My mum never explained herself, only apologised for her past actions.

Diane and I have accepted her apology, but my relationship with my mum has never quite been the same. I still keep her at a distance because even if she did apologise, she did cause me a lot of pain.

Diane and my mum share a birthday. Its not a big deal, but my mum acts as if it is the biggest deal on Earth. She used to turn her birthday into a competition of who gets the better gift. It was exhausting and was one of the reasons I stopped talking to her.

Since her apology, her behaviour surrounding her birthday has not been as extreme but still a little passive-agressive.

My mum and Dianes birthday was a few months ago. We couldnt celebrate my mums birthday the...

15:40

Fair crypto laws possible in the US but needs a lot of work Crypto Council adviser "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Crypto Council for Innovation adviser Sean Lee said more education is needed for policymakers and financial regulators.

15:25

SECs Gensler seeks $2.4B in funding to chase down crypto misconduct "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chair Gary Gensler says the regulator is spread thin and needs additional funding to keep up with the increased complexity in the capital markets.

15:00

Bitcoin and United States Dollar "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

0.00010 BTC = 2.85 USD
1.00 USD = 0.00004 BTC
Converter

14:18

Bitcoin price briefly hits $29K despite recent Binance crackdown "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Despite ongoing crypto crackdowns, the price of BTC briefly tipped over $29,000on March 30, clocking a new high for 2023.

13:34

Elon Musk and tech execs call for pause on AI development "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The authors of the letter say that advanced artificial intelligence could cause a profound change in the history of life on Earth, for better or worse.

13:28

10 Habits Of Unhappy People "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Happiness may come naturally to some, and a little less so to others, however, there are certain habits that can contribute to our unhappiness. In life, our habits often are what make our way.

With that said, yes, there will be circumstances beyond your control that will make you unhappy at times. But, if you find you are unhappy much of the time, then it is likely that your unhappiness may be caused by your mindset and habits. Of course, this article isnt meant to cause any harm or to criticize. Instead, it is a chance to observe and even highlight some of the habits in your life that may be contributing to your unhappiness.

1. They are control freaks.

In life, there are some things we can control and some that are beyond our control. If you do not understand or refuse to see the things that are beyond your control, you are going to have a tough time.

2. They expect perfection.

Perfection is a pipe dream that does not exist. Nothing in this world is perfect and if your expectations are perfection, then you are setting yourself up for failure. Not only that but trying to be perfect will set you up to constantly fight yourself and life in general.

3. They compare.

It is far too easy to play the comparison game these days. Social media has made it SO easy for us to see every highlight of everyones lives and then, we compare ourselves and our lives to that. The thing is- people only show you what they want you to see, so you are comparing yourself to a work of fiction.

4. They have destination sickness.

Destination sickness is a nice way of saying you are always waiting for the future. One day I will be happy when I can ______, or One day Ill be happy when I have ______. The thing is- you have to choose happiness now, if you want it.

5. They isolate.

Its tempting to isolate when you are feeling down. However, this habit will only ensure you stay unhappy. People are social creatures and we need other people. Without them, we end up stuck in our heads and if you are already unhappy, chances are, this is NOT a good idea.

6. They have a victim mentality.

There are certain people who are always a victim. No matter what the circumstance, they choose to be the victim. Dont get me wrong, sometimes, we truly are the victim. However, at some point, you have to say it is what it is and do what you can with what youve got.

7. They complain.

Complainers only focus on what is wrong or bad. In turn, this changes their mindset and shifts it to a place of negativity. If you want a happy mindset, you have to be able to practice gratitude.

8. They are hypercritical.

Weve all met that person, the one who observes everyone and always finds a fault. No matter what someone does, its not enough, and there is always a reason to point out someones fl...

13:22

8 Things Boys Need to Hear Their Father Say At Home "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Fathers play a very important role in their sons life. The way that a father speaks, the way that he behaves and the way that he carries himself will all influence how his son turns out.

That may sound a bit dramatic, but lets get real: its obvious that parents play a critical role in who their child becomes. Say what you will, but words have power. As a father, your words can make or break your son. While there are some things you should never say, that isnt what this article is about. Instead, we are going to focus on what you SHOULD say.

1. Im sorry.

It is so important that boys hear their fathers say that they are sorry. While it might seem like the tough thing to do, to act as though you are perfect, or can do no wrong, it is better to man up and admit when you are wrong. If you do, your son will have no problem admitting they are wrong, too.

2. I love you.

It might seem obvious that you love your son, but he needs to hear it. And I dont mean every once in a while. I mean, he needs to hear it every day, multiple times a day.

3. Honey, how can I help you?

If you notice your wife struggling, make sure that you are attentive and are offering to contribute. One day your son will have a wife or a partner, and you will want them to treat her right. Dont sit around watching your partner in front of your kids.

4. You are competent.

Your children will not have much confidence in themselves, to begin with. It is we as parents that help build that confidence. One way you can do this is by affirming that you believe in your child.

5. I messed up, heres how I plan to fix it.

When you fail, dont be afraid to say it. Why? Because when you admit you failed and then verbally explain how you plan to fix it or to push forward, you are encouraging a growth mindset in your child.

6. I am feeling very frustrated right now. (Or any explanation of emotion. )

Your children will learn emotional intelligence from you. If you bury your emotions and pretend as though everything is okay all the time, your kids will learn that is how you handle emotions. Instead, when you are feeling upset or overwhelmed, say it.

7. I need help.

Everyone needs help sometimes. If you are one of those who struggle to ask for help, I implore you to work on this. Why? Because you want your child to be able to ask for help when they need it.

8. I see you are upset.

Showing empathy teaches empathy. When your child or anyone in your household is dealing with something, show empathy so your child will learn this skill too.

13:16

The Y Chromosome Is Disappearing And This Could Be Bad For Mankind "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The Y chromosome is the chromosome that is responsible for masculinity and biological manhood. However, researchers are beginning to understand that the y chromosome is disappearing and may one day disappear completely.

Over time, researchers have noticed that the y chromosome is shriveling. While it may not be eradicated for another 4.6 million years, when you consider that life has existed for 3.5 billion years, you see that this timing is still relevant.

Now, lets be clear, the y chromosome hasnt always been this way. Around 166 million years ago, the early proto-Y chromosome was the same size as the Y chromosome and still had all of the same genes. Fast forward to modern times, and this simply isnt the case.

The X chromosome contains around 900 genes that do many jobs, not related to gender. The Y chromosome only contains around 55 genes, including noncoding DNA that doesnt do much of anything. The good news? Many rodents have completely lost their Y chromosomes and they continue to thrive.

Still, research has also shown that the Y chromosome is fighting for its life by attempting to slow the loss. In a Danish study, they sequenced the portions of the Y chromosome from 62 men and found that their structural gene rearrangements were allowing gene amplification, which copies genes to assist in healthy sperm function.

Even with this said, the Y chromosomes days are numbered. Many species have already phased out the y chromosome, and when this happens to us, one of two things will happen: either a new sex-determining gene will develop over time or the human race will cease to exist. The good news is that the research supports the latter.

What this could mean is that we could see a new species of human a few million years down the line. Either that, or we will be completely eradicated. Only time will tell.

13:09

Zodiac Killers Final Messages Decoded, Nearly 55 Years After The Fact "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Back in the 1960s and 1970s a serial killer was on the loose and was known as the zodiac killer. During his run, he killed nearly five people in the Northern California Bay area.

His first two victims were high school students who were parked in their car, on their first date. In his later attacks, he murdered the women of two couples, while their partners survived. A male San Francisco cab driver was his last known victim.

Throughout his span, he sent letters to the media, taking credit for the kills. To prove he was who he said he was, he gave details from the scenes that only the killer would have known. His messages were written through a cipher, in which he used different symbols to represent letters. His first letters were sent to three papers in the region, and each contained a different cipher.

The papers then ran the ciphers as directed by the zodiac killer, who threatened to kill more if they did not comply. One of his simpler ciphers was decoded as I LIKE KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST BECAUSE MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL OF ALL TO KILL SOMETHING GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERIENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAT WHEN I DIE I WILL BE REBORN IN PARADICE AND ALL THE I HAVE KILLED WILL BECOME MY SLAVES I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOW DOWN OR STOP MY COLLECTING OF SLAVES FOR MY AFTERLIFE EBEORIETEMETHHPITI.

However, many of his letters were so complex, they could not be decoded until 2020. The cipher had been unsolved for so long, it had a huge target on its back, and I felt like it was a challenge that had a chance of being solved, stated Dave Oranchak, who was a part of the team of three men who cracked the code. It was an exciting project to work on, and it was on many peoples top unsolved ciphers of all time lists.

His final code read, I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING LOTS OF FUN IN TRYING TO CATCH ME THAT WASNT ME ON THE TV SHOW WHICH BRINGS UP A POINT ABOUT ME I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE GAS CHAMBER BECAUSE IT WILL SEND ME TO PARADISE ALL THE SOONER BECAUSE I NOW HAVE ENOUGH SLAVES TO WORK FOR ME WHERE EVERYONE ELSE HAS NOTHING WHEN THEY REACH PARADICE SO THEY ARE AFRAID OF DEATH I AM NOT AFRAID BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY NEW LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE IN PARADISE DEATH.

Since the news, the FBI did confirm that the cryptogram was solved. According to the FBI, The FBI is aware that a cipher attributed to the Zodiac Killer was recently solved by private citizens. The Zodiac Killer case remains an ongoing investigation for the FBI San Francisco division and our local law enforcement partners. The Zodiac Killer terrorized multiple communities across Northern California and even though decades have gone by, we continue to seek justice for the victims of these brutal crimes. Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, and ou...

13:01

Female Octopuses Throw Seashells At Males Who Annoy Them "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Octopuses, known for their intelligence and unique behaviors, continue to fascinate researchers and marine life enthusiasts alike. One such behavior is the act of female octopuses throwing seashells at male counterparts who irritate them. This fascinating act of aggression not only offers a glimpse into the complex social dynamics of these creatures but also highlights their remarkable problem-solving abilities.

Astonishing Octopus Intellect:

Often hailed as the most intelligent of all invertebrates, octopuses possess sophisticated cognitive abilities, such as learning through observation, solving complex problems, and even displaying self-awareness. With over 500 million neurons and large brain-to-body ratios, these cephalopods have demonstrated impressive escape artistry, camouflage, and tool usage. Its no wonder that octopuses have become a subject of ongoing fascination for marine biologists and the general public.

Seashell-Throwing Antics:

Recent studies have unveiled a rather interesting and humorous behavior displayed by female octopuses hurling seashells at bothersome males. This behavior was first observed in female Octopus tetricus, a species native to the eastern coast of Australia. When a male octopus attempts to mate with an uninterested female, she will often use her powerful arms to collect nearby seashells or debris, which she then flings at the persistent suitor. This unusual act of aggression serves as a clear message to the male: back off.

The Art of Projectile Warfare:

The remarkable thing about this behavior is the precision with which the female octopuses execute it. Using their arms, which are equipped with highly sensitive suckers, they can deftly manipulate and propel the seashells with astonishing accuracy. This projectile warfare highlights the octopuss excellent spatial awareness and fine motor skills, traits that have long intrigued researchers.

Implications for Octopus Behavior:

The discovery of this shell-throwing behavior adds a new layer of complexity to our understanding of octopus social dynamics. It suggests that these animals possess the capacity to convey their desires and assert their personal boundaries, a quality that was previously thought to be exclusive to more advanced vertebrates. Furthermore, this behavior offers an opportunity to study the evolutionary benefits of such aggression, shedding light on the possible pressures faced by female octopuses in their natural habitat.

Female octopuses hurling seashells at unwelcome males is a fascinating example of the unique behaviors exhibited by these intelligent creatures. Not only does it highlight their problem-solving abilities, but it also opens a new avenue for understanding the complexities of octopus social interactions. As researchers continue to unravel the mysteries of these remarkable animals, we can be sure that the octopus will continue to astound us with i...

12:28

FTX lawyers, creditors slam SBFs petition to get legal fees reimbursed "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The creditors committee and FTX lawyers have raised several objections to Sam Bankman-Frieds request. A hearing date is set for April 12.

11:11

The Lion of Chaeronea "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Expression of the Eyes (no. 4 from the series Womens Manners of Today), Kiyoshi Kobayakawa, ca. 1931

11:00

The Return of RoboGames "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

The Mortician robot by Ray Billings

Organizer David Calkins and combat robot legend Ray Billings talk about RoboGames. After a four-year hiatus, RoboGames returns on April 6th through the 9th to the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, California. RoboGames is the worlds largest robot competition with over 54 different events everything from tiny little Rubiks cube-sized Sumo robots that act []

The post The Return of RoboGames appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

10:56

Why One Minute Is Long Enough For Your Car To Warm Up "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

If you live in a cold climate and dont have the luxury of covered or indoor parking theres a good chance you prefer to warm up you car before hopping in and taking off.

It turns out that you might be letting your car run a bit too long, though, because according to experts, one minute is long enough.

iStock 1211494660 Why One Minute Is Long Enough For Your Car To Warm Up

Image Credit: iStock

In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, warming newer cars for more than 30 seconds is a waste of time and gasoline and...

10:56

Enroll Today for Online Courses with Stanford Continuing Studies: Open Culture Readers Get 15% Off "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

A heads up for Open Culture readers: This spring, Stanford Continuing Studies has a rich lineup of online courses, and theyre offering a special 15% discount to our readers. Just use the promo code CULTURE during checkout.

Serving lifelong learners everywhere, Stanford Continuing Studies will launch its spring curriculum next week (the week of April 3), letting you choose from over 100 courses. Among the courses, you will find some notable mentions:

Defending Democracy at Home and Abroad features three Stanford scholars (including the former US ambassador to Russia Mike McFaul) who will examine the uncertain state of democracy at home and abroad. Together, they will explore 1) the merits of democracy compared with the alternatives, 2) challenges to democracy both in the US and across the globe, and 3) solutions for protecting and advancing democracy everywhere.

With Stanford Monday University: 2023, five Stanford scholars will focus on important trends currently shaping our society, especially after the pandemic. Whats the future of working from home, and how will remote work affect the economy of the United States? Why have addictionsincluding to devices and screensskyrocketed in the US, and how can a dopamine fast help bring them under control? Why has the modern economy left behind so many working-class communities in America, and how can investment in these communities help address the wealth inequalities in our country? These, and other questions, will be explored in the course.

09:40

Web3 Gamer: Shrapnel wows at GDC, Undead Blocks hot take, Second Trip "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

First-person shooter Shrapnel blows gamers away at GDC, Othersides Second Trip vs Fortnite, Callan gets killed by zombies over and over.

09:38

Homemade Corn Tortillas "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Thanks to the Weston A. Price Foundation, I learned that properly prepared corn is ok to eat. It needs to be nixtamalized. Nixtamalization is a traditional process in Mexico and Central America whereby corn is treated with lime (calcium hydroxide), cooked, and dried and ground to produce the flour (masa harina) used to make tortilla.

In addition to altering the smell, flavor and color of corn products, nixtamalization provides several nutritional benefits including: Increased bioavailability of vitamin B3 niacin. Increased calcium intake, due to its absorption by the kernels during the steeping process.

I got nixtamalized Masa Harina and made tortillas from scratch first time, it was very easy and quick.

Just 3 ingredients are needed-masa harina, salt and water.

For filling I used homemade chorizo, homemade Creme Fraiche, cultured lemon, shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and scallions.

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Set a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until thoroughly heated, If the pan isnt hot enough, the tortillas will stick to it.
  2. Cut two pieces of plastic, from gallon size Ziplock bag about the size of the tortilla press (I got mine from Amazon, for about $20.)
  3. In a bowl, mix together the masa harina, salt, and water and then knead in a circular motion until the dough feels smooth and without lumps. It shouldnt be wet or sticky but nice and moist. If it feels coarse when you gather the dough together, add a bit more water. 
  4. The dough has to be as soft and smooth as Play-Doh. 
  5. Roll a piece of the dough in the palm of your hand into a ball about 30-40 grams. Place one of the plastic piece on the bottom of the tortilla press and place the ball on top. Place the other plastic piece on top of the ball and clamp down the press to make a flat circle.
  6. Open the press. Peel the plastic on top of the tortilla, then lift up the bottom piece of plastic and the tortilla with one hand and peel the tortilla away from the plastic with the other hand.
  7. Place the tortilla on the hot surface and dont touch it for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Cook until you can easily lift it with a spatula, 40 seconds to 1 minute. Flip and cook for about a minute longer, until it has begun to get brown freckles. Flip once more. After 10 to 15 seconds, the tortilla should puff like pita bread, if not all over, at least in one area. 
  8. Transfer the cooked tortil...

09:00

Pussy Riots Nadya Tolokonnikova Placed on Russian Wanted List "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Pussy Riot co-founder, activist, and conceptual artist Nadya Tolokonnikova has been placed on Russias Wanted List for criminal activity after news of her latest Vladimir Putin-related performance work began circulating earlier this year. Tolokonnikova filmed her collaborative performance Putins Ashes (2022) last August, showing herself and 11 other women clad in balaclavas setting fire to a 10-foot effigy portrait of the Russian president in the desert.

After she and the group collectively cast spells to chase Putin away from his post, Tolokonnikova bottled the ashes from his burnt portrait and showcased them with the short film during her first sol...

08:21

Crypto Exchange Gemini Looking to Launch Overseas Derivatives Operation: The Information "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Gemini's Tyler Winklevoss (L) and Cameron Winklevoss (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

08:21

Vivan Sundaram, Veteran Indian Contemporary Artist, Dies at 79 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Indian contemporary artist Vivan Sundaram has died at age 79 following complications of a hemorrhagic stroke that occurred earlier this month. Sundaram, who created work for nearly six decades, is best remembered for his multidisciplinary studio practice steeped in activism and political consciousness. Reports indicate that the artist had been ailing for the past few months leading up to his passing. The news of his death was confirmed by Gallery Chemould in Mumbai.

To say Vivan took risks is an understatement, Gallery Chermoulds creative director Shireen Gandhy told Hyperallergic. If you look at his practice, there is a huge allegiance to art history, but at the same time feels unburdened where he addresses his issues with acute directness.

Sundaram was born in the northern Indian city of Shimla in 1943 to Kalyan Sundaram, Indias first post-Partition law secretary and second chief election commissioner, and Indira Sher-Gil, younger sister of Hungarian-Indian modern artist Amrita Sher-Gil. Sundaram pursued a bachelors degree in painting at the Maharaja Sayajirao University in Vadodara, Gujarat, between 1961 and 1965, followed by a post-graduate degree as a Commonwealth scholar at the Slade School of Fine Art in London f...

08:05

Latin Americas Largest E-Commerce Platform To Enable Bitcoin Trading In Chile "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

MercadoLibre has enabled bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading on its Mercado Pago wallet for Chilean users.

MercadoLibre, the largest e-commerce platform in Latin America, has announced that it has enabled bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading to its users in Chile. 

The feature will allow Chilean users to buy, sell and save bitcoin through the companys MercadoPago wallet app. This makes MercadoPago the first digital account in the country to offer this type of operation, according to a statement posted on LinkedIn by Osvaldo Gimenez, President of MercadoLibre.

The aim of the move is to eliminate barriers to accessing the cryptocurrency market in Chile, making it more accessible to people with less experience or knowledge in the field, the announcement said. The process is expected to be very simple and with very low, minimum amounts to operate so that even novice users can take their first steps in the market.

"We continue to open the doors of the #cripto world for millions of users in the region: first Brazil and Mexico, and now also #MercadoPago users in Chile can buy, sell and save #Bitcoin," Gimenez said in the translated statement.

MercadoLibre previously enabled the feature for its Brazilian customers in November 2021. This development came after the company purchased $7.8 million worth of bitcoin in May 2021.

08:04

The Most Stirring Press Photographs of 2022 "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The World Press Photo Foundation has announced the regional winners and honorable mentions for the 66th edition of its annual photography contest. The single shots, stories, and long-term and multimedia projects feature not only those news items that dominated headlines in 2022, but also lesser-known and intimate stories that explore equally pressing issues. Photos of war-torn Ukraine, the Talibans takeover of Afghanistan, and an Iranian woman defying the mandatory hijab law in a busy Tehran street are among the contenders for four global prizes, to be announced on April 20. But peeks into LGBTQ+ communities in the Philippines, New York drill music aesthetics, and a community of women living with dementia in Ghana also stood out.   

08:03

Its Clear the GOP Is a Party of Death, Not Life "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Because they oppose a woman having an abortion, Republicans claim to be the Party of Life. In fact, they're the Party of Death.

08:00

Pilgrimages: Brigids Blessing "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Pilgrimages: Brigids Blessing

TWH correspondent Elyse Welles shares the magic of her spiritual travel to Ireland and Brigid's Well.

Continue reading Pilgrimages: Brigids Blessing at The Wild Hunt.

08:00

FDIC plans to return $4B in Signature crypto deposits by early next week Martin Gruenberg "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Treasury Departments undersecretary for domestic finance, Nellie Liang, said at the same hearing she didnt believe crypto played a direct role in the failure of the banks.

07:56

NY Governors Proposed Budget Slashes Pandemic-Era Arts Funds "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Governor Kathy Hochuls proposed executive budget for fiscal year 2024 slashes New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) funding by $61.7 million from last year to a total of $48 million $42.8 million in grantmaking allocations and a little over $5 million for operating costs. The governors office attributes the suggested 56.2% cut to the expiration of pandemic recovery assistance for arts and culture organizations in the state.

In 2023, NYSCA distributed over $90 million worth of grants to more than 1,600 organizations. The governors proposed budget, which must be approved by the state legislature by April 1, eliminates $1 million in NYSCA grants for small to mid-size arts organizations and cuts the $50 million Recovery Grant Program, which allowed NYSCA to allocate in...

07:51

Senator Ted Cruz Grills DHS Secretary Mayorkas for What He Should Already Be in jail for "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Ted Cruz cross examines Mayorkas for the deaths and rapes of illegals brought to the border due to the broken and incompetent polices of the Biden White House! My question is why didn't this happen a long time ago?

Image result for Ted Cruz

https://youtube.com/shorts/m_v5kjbsIuQ?feature=share

07:45

Anti-TikTok RESTRICT Act could be turned against crypto and much else, think tank warns "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Experts are speculating on ways the bipartisan bill could be misused if passed into law, and finding potential threats to technologies that people love.

07:35

Optimism reigned at Paris Blockchain Week "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Careful optimism was the theme at this year's Paris Blockchain Week. Builders will build and the crypto community will keep going.

07:30

Arbitrum airdrop-related selling subsides, but DApp use sustains while smart money accumulates ARB "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The ARB airdrop followed the sell-the-news narrative, but Arbitrums DApp use and fundamentals remain strong and smart money continues to buy ARB tokens.

07:27

MoMA Apologizes for Kicking Out Black Artist From Installation "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York has apologized to British-Ghanaian multidisciplinary artist Heather Agyepong after security asked her to leave an exhibition. The artist posted about her experience visiting the installation Black Power Naps on Twitter on Saturday, March 25, calling out the irony that she was asked to leave an installation created to encourage Black people to rest. 

According to Agyepongs post, the conflict began when she noticed a White woman loudly laughing in the MoMA Education Departments second-floor Creativity Lab. Agyepong says she approached the woman and said, I think this space is centered around Black People. The woman reportedly started screaming that Agyepong was aggressive and should be kicked out before complaining to a security guard who forced Agyepong to leave. (Agyepong has not yet responded to Hyperallergics request for comment.)...

07:19

New Yorks BIPOC-Led Arts Orgs Are Grossly Underfunded "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

From a performance at the Borinquen Dance Theatre in Roches...

07:14

Market Maker DWF Labs Emerges as Top Crypto Investor "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

DWF Labs managing partner Andrei Grachev(LinkedIn)

07:11

New Directors/New Films Festival Takes an Experimental Turn "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

New Directors/New Films is one of the most venerable film festivals in the United States. For more than half a century it has brought attention to fresh cinematic talent from around the world. This years edition is no exception, and while its slate is a bit lighter on the nonfiction front than its been in the past, some extremely promising documentaries are still in the mix, with many of the features looking at African and/or Indigenous milieus.

In Coconut Head Generation, Alain Kassanda follows students at the University of Ibadan, Nigerias oldest operating college. In a meta touch, its also a film about film, as the characters are part of a cinema club, where they watch classics by anti-imperialist directors and discuss how they can apply the lessons of such films to their own efforts to decolonize their university. A dialectical work, it enmeshes its audience with engaged young people, undercutting the titular insult which is often thrown their way.

Milisuthando Bongelas Milisuthando is a memoirist essay about growing up in South Africa under Apartheid, within a unique circumstance: Her family was based in the q...

07:10

Mysterious entity may be collecting BTC users IP addresses Bitcoin developer "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The entity reportedly uses a range of 812 different IP addresses to obscure its identity while collecting data.

07:03

The Lion of Chaeronea "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Portrait-Study of Marc Trapadoux, Gustave Courbet, ca. 1849

06:12

If History is ever Depicted as it Should Be "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Image result for Obama the unconstitutional candidate

They say that the recording of history will always favor the conqueror as they are the ones controlling the information and future generations. The trouble with that is that the ruthless ones who spread mayhem and destruction will have history show that they were benevolent when indeed they werent. This is surely the way history beginning in 2008 for the US will certainly be distorted thanks to the dishonest nature of the Democrat Party. It will certainly depict the righteous as misinformation specialists and hate mongering corrupt capitalists, when in reality, it was they (the Democrats} who created social unrest and propaganda to cause enough distraction to get the public to lose sight of what was really happening.

Why was he never indicted?

History as shown by the Democrats will conveniently ignore that Barack Obama lied to the people and Congress after sitting on the board of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac saying that the two federal mortgage guarantee agencies were too big to fail as they were suffering thousands of defaults thanks to the Democrat CRA approving bad loans that never should have been allowed. That was in 2004 and Obama received a 100 thousand dollar bonus for being a member on the board. In 2005 Obama struck again being part of the covert development of bio-weapon labs in Ukraine, the very source of our threat of a WWIII today with Putins Russia.

The big snow job that went unpunished

In 2008 history if objectively recorded should show that due to massive cooperation with the mainstream media, corporations that donate to the Democrats, and blocking conservative efforts to educate voters, Barack Obama was elected president. A fledgling senator from Chicago whose mentor was William Ayers, a convicted domestic terrorist who discussed the need for liquidating millions of Americas who would refuse to accept Communism once he had aided our enemies in conquering the US. As president Obama would continue to hate monger and race bait in public statements that would lead to widespread rioting in US cities. His economic policies would lead to never before seen deficit spending that would make the cost of government greater than the total GDP of private industry in America for the first time.

05:51

Texas Senate Committee Hears Testimony On Bill That Would Ban Certain Energy Arrangements With Bitcoin Miners "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Pierre Rochard, VP of research at Riot Platforms testified yesterday that Bitcoin is a net positive for the state.

The Senate Committee on Business and Commerce heard testimony in regards to a Texas bill that would prohibit flexible load agreements between bitcoin miners and energy providers yesterday.

The bill aims to ban the arrangements in which energy providers like ERCOT would pay bitcoin mining operators to turn off their facilities, effectively freeing the now-excess energy for usage during emergencies or high demand time periods.

Bitcoin Policy Institute Senior Fellow Natalie Smolenski notes in a tweet that the bill also seeks to Ban tax abatements for miners in Texas because mining is already projected to grow in the state

Riot Platforms Vice President of Research Pierre Rochard testified that the presence of the company in Texas has beneficial impacts on rural communities, employment and energy production.

Bitcoin miners are the number one employer in Rockdale. Bitcoin miners are also the number one taxpayer to Rockdale ISD. Bitcoin mining is good for rural education.

Even if you are skeptical of bitcoin, these abatements have been highly effective at revitalizing rural communities.

Proponents of the bill, like its sponsor State Senator Lois Kolkhorst, cites the states goal of increasing energy production, saying that the mining industrys usage of this energy and subsequent shutoff arrangements with ERCOT is a part of their business model.

But as Bitcoin Magazines Mark Goodwin notes, energy production curves of renewables, which represents a growing proportion of the states energy, will potentially improve, not degrade, with the usage of bitcoin mining.

04:16

Latin American E-Commerce Giant Mercado Libre Expands Crypto Trading to Chile "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Mercado Pago users in Chile can now trade bitcoin and ether. (Unsplash)

04:14

Do Kwon Extradition Sought by U.S., South Korea, Montenegro Justice Minister Says "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Terra Community AMA with Do Kwon (April 2021) (Terra, modified by CoinDesk)

04:05

Paxful Announces Decision To Personally Return Lost Celsius Funds For Paxful Earn Users "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The global bitcoin exchange will dig into its own coffers to reconcile users who lost their money as a result of the collapse of Celsius.

Global peer-to-peer Bitcoin platform Paxful announced it will provide almost nine bitcoin worth ~$250,000.00 to its Paxful Earn users who were affected by the Celsius collapse.

The funds will be transferred to Paxful wallets this week. Paxful Earn was launched in partnership with Celsius to offer Paxful users a chance to earn yield on their Bitcoin. However, users were unable to withdraw their funds from Celsius when the latter collapsed, leaving Paxful paralyzed and unable to retrieve the funds. Around 600,000 interest-bearing accounts, including Paxful Earn users, were affected when U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Martin Glenn ruled that assets in Celsius Earn accounts belonged to Celsius bankruptcy estate, not to the users.

Ray Youssef, founder and CEO of Paxful, said, The courts failed these Celsius users. The U.S. government is more than willing to bailout traditional banks, but Bitcoin users do not seem to be their priority. That does not sit right with me, and I have taken action to make sure Paxful Earn users receive their full Celsius funds.

Since the Celsius collapse, Paxful has been encouraging Bitcoin self-custody and advocating for users to hold their own Bitcoin. Paxful also supports financial literacy and transparency, having recently donated funds to build the Bitcoin Technology Center in Ghana to spread financial education.

Youssef stated that customer trust is hard to earn and even harder to keep, and he would always put Paxfuls users first. According to him, the company's primary focus is the customer and has launched various initiatives to support its customers. He cites the companys involvement in charity and social impact work, such as providing funds to build a school in Rwanda and donating money to assist with pandemic relief efforts in India.

04:04

In The Face Of Banking Crisis, The Bitcoin Price Rise Is Proving Us Right "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The bitcoin price, rising in the face of an ongoing banking crisis, appears to vindicate what Bitcoiners have known all along.

This is an opinion editorial by Robert Hall, a content creator and small business owner.

The events of the last few weeks have spooked investors and regional banks alike. More importantly, the people who go to work and make the economy run are starting to question whether their bank deposits are safe. Fears of more bank runs after the collapses of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), Signature Bank, Silvergate Bank and Credit Suisse are rampant.

And these fears are not unfounded, if you ask me. For instance, when you turn on the TV and see that First Republic needs a $30 billion bailout to stay afloat, it doesnt inspire confidence in the banking system. And more banking chaos could come. Legendary investor Michael Burry believes that two more banks could be in trouble in Comerica Bank and U.S Bancorp. Essentially, these banks are in the same position that SVB was in. The likelihood of more bank bailouts seems to be increasing by the day.

To top it all off, federal regulators are studying the possibility of insuring all bank deposits in the entire banking system. There are approximately $19 trillion in bank deposits in the banking system. Any talk of insuring the bank deposits of every bank in America is insane and outright dangerous. Talk about throwing more fuel on the fire. I think this would make people more worried about their money and spur more bank runs. The government and the Federal Reserve are playing with fire.

The Federal Reserve is reacting to situations instead of being clear headed and planning ahead. This will lead to overreaction and implementing policies that could do more harm than good. Its crazy that the fate of the entire economy is in the hands of people like Janet Yellen, Jerome Powell and Joe...

03:59

Bitcoin Miner Stronghold Raises Year-End Hashrate Guidance to 4 EH/s "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Stronghold Digital Mining CEO Greg Beard (right) and co-Chairman Bill Spence (Stronghold Digital Mining)

03:51

Prusa Announces New Flagship 3D Printer: The MK 4 "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Prusa Announces New Flagship 3D Printer: The MK 4

The 3D printing community is rippling with discussion today as Prusa Printers announced their new flagship 3D printer, the MK4. To hit the major points quickly, this newest machine boasts: Theres actually a lot more to it, which you can read about on their blog post. The retail price of the MK 4 is set []

The post Prusa Announces New Flagship 3D Printer: The MK 4 appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

03:30

The Silver Ships "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Image result for voices from the sky

The Silver Ships

There was a voice that came from up in the sky

Something you just couldnt deny

Loud enough to make you cry

It couldnt have been a cosmic sigh,

Image result for UFO crashing down

The silver ships came in one by one

Entering the atmosphere blocking out the sun

Everybody began to run

It looked like mankind was outgunned,

Image result for images of an alien attack

The trees exploded and we headed for a ditch

It all seemed like a nightmare now season of the witch

Laying on the ground was my best friend Mitch

No one was insulated not the poor or the rich,

Image result for missiles targeted at UFO's

Missiles rose up to meet the threat

It seemed most missed to our regret

My girlfriend was trembling she was so upset

As the battle wore on they knocked down anoth...

03:22

Intuitive Astrology: The Sun and Jupiter "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Count your lucky stars because on April 11th, 2023, we have the fated meeting of the Sun and Jupiter.

Traditionally in astrology, this is known as a lucky day where we may receive some good news or a gift of abundance from the Universe however, on an intuitive level, there is something deeper at play.

While Jupiter meeting the Sun is a beautiful and positive aspect, it also works to expand and highlight areas of our lives that need some extra love. Jupiter meeting the Sun can also expose and pull back the curtain on where we are not living up to our fullest potential.

Jupiter, The Planet of Expansion

Jupiter is considered a lucky planet, but more than that, it is considered the planet of expansion. It can expand and highlight things that are important or noteworthy for us to pay attention to.

The Sun represents the core of who we are, so when Jupiter and the Sun align, it helps to expand a part of ourselves, it helps to open up new gifts and talents, and it helps to showcase a path or direction we can take in our lives.

Think of Jupiter and the Sun coming together to expand your being and to create space and lightness in your heart and in your life.

If challenges do come your way on this day, this energy will help us to tap into positivity, abundance, and joy with more ease, and will make it easier to see the brighter side of things.

My Experience with Jupiter and the Sun

When I first moved to Los Angeles, I interned at a production company. It was demanding and high-pressure, but I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing how the entertainment industry worked. I was also really getting into astrology at this point, so I remember when the day of Jupiter and the Sun rolled around that year, I wanted to stop and pay attention to any luck that might have come my way.

That day in the office, I started sharing that this day was supposed to be lucky. Everyone was surprisingly open to my astrological prediction and was keen to know more. In fact, that day, I ended up pulling up peoples charts and giving them mini astrology readings!

At the end of the day, I went home trying to piece together what lucky messages the Universe may have been delivering to me, and while I didnt piece it together then, I did think how fun it was that I got to do those readings.

Now flash forward a few years, and well, the rest is history! So, as you can see, Jupiter and the Sun opened up a possibility on that day. It took years before I would make anything of it and realize my path with astrology, but it was a possibility that was presented nonetheless.

This is the type of gift that may be presented on a day like this. Think of the meeting of the Sun and Jupiter as expanding an opportunity or opening up a gateway. It is then up to yo...

03:21

What Is a Bitcoin Paper Wallet? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A paper wallet is an early method used to protect bitcoin offline. Better methods have replaced it, but people still use paper wallets to store bitcoin safely and inexpensively.

Whats a Paper Wallet?

A paper wallet is a physical document or object that contains a brand new public address and a private key that has been printed out. It allows its users to store the bitcoin sent from another wallet for better safekeeping. Paper wallets are considered non-custodial cold storage because users control the private keys that can and should be printed out offline, thus removing the risks of exposing them to an internet connections hacks.

Theres only one way for a malicious actor to get hold of your private key and steal your funds: physically getting control of your piece of paper where the private key is printed.

While paper wallets have decreased in usage over the years because digitally secure devices like hardware wallets have replaced them, they still get some traction among Bitcoiners because of their security and affordability. Today, they are mostly used as Bitcoin ATM receipts.

How do they work

Dedicated generator apps are used to create paper wallets; they print out a public address for receiving bitcoin and a private key that you need to prove ownership and thereby spend your bitcoin. The paper wallet or document might also have a QR code embedded so that it can easily be scanned and signed to make a transaction.

(source: Github)

It is highly recommended that any paper wallet generator apps be used offline to prevent hackers from detecting the private key. Another good practice would be scanning your computer or smartphone with security software to establish whether it has been compromised by malware or any other cyberattack.

Some paper wallet generators will offer the option to save private and public keys on your computer in PDF format. This is strongly advised against because a PDF is constantly exposed to online threats. Similarly, digital pictures or scans of your wallets should be avoided to prevent hackers from detecting them.

Also, ensure that your devices wireless and Bluetooth are turned off because hackers can exploit those signals to access your device.

You should take further measures to protect any funds stored in paper wallets. Other than working offline when generating a paper wallet, printing the document from a device connected to a printer through a wired and not wirele...

03:20

agoodcartoon:fetterman is a fucking legend, agc stiglich has a... "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

agoodcartoon:

fetterman is a fucking legend, agc

stiglich has a massive hate-on for fetterman in a way ive never seen

03:07

Appeal of the Pottowatomie Nation of Indians to the Congress of the United States (Potawatomi Tribe) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Appeal of the Pottowatomie Nation of Indians to the Congress of the United States (ca. 1865), by Potawatomi Tribe (stable link)

Daemonologia (Fairfax) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Daemonologia: A Discourse on witchcraft As it Was Acted in the Family of Mr. Edward Fairfax, of Fuyston, in the County of York, in the year 1621, Along With the Only two Eclogues of the Same Author Known to be in Existence (Harrogate: R. Ackrill, 1882), by Edward Fairfax, ed. by William Grainge (page images at HathiTrust)

Bibliotheca Americana (Rede) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Bibliotheca Americana: or, A Chronological Catalogue of the Most Curious and Interesting Books, Pamphlets, State papers, &c., Upon the Subject of North and South America, From the Earliest Period to the Present, in Print and Manuscript (published anonymously, but claimed by Rede in his letters; London: Printed for J. Debrett et al., 1789), by Leman Thomas Rede (stable link)

Books and Pamphlets Published in Canada, Up to the Year Eighteen Hundred and Thirty-seven, Copies of Which are in the Public Reference Library, Toronto, Canada (Staton) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Books and Pamphlets Published in Canada, Up to the Year Eighteen Hundred and Thirty-seven, Copies of Which are in the Public Reference Library, Toronto, Canada (Toronto: Toronto Public Library, 1916), by Frances M. Staton (stable link)

Bunker Hill (Drake) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Bunker Hill: The Story Told in Letters From the Battle Field by British Officers Engaged (Boston: Nichols and Hall, 1875), ed. by Samuel Adams Drake (stable link)

The History of Printing in America; With a Biography of Printers, and an Account of Newspapers, to Which is Prefixed a Concise View of the Discovery and Progress of the Art in Other Parts of the World (Thomas) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The History of Printing in America; With a Biography of Printers, and an Account of Newspapers, to Which is Prefixed a Concise View of the Discovery and Progress of the Art in Other Parts of the World (2 volumes; Worcester, MA: I. Thomas, 1810), by Isaiah Thomas (stable link)

The Indian Buddhist Iconography, Mainly Based on the Sdhanaml and Other Cognate Tntric Texts of Rituals (Bhattacharyya) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Indian Buddhist Iconography, Mainly Based on the Sdhanaml and Other Cognate Tntric Texts of Rituals (London et al.: H. Milford, Oxford University Press, 1924), by Benoytosh Bhattacharyya (stable link)

The Kansa, or Kaw Indians, and Their History, and the Story of Padilla (Morehouse) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Kansa, or Kaw Indians, and Their History, and the Story of Padilla (Topeka: State printing office, 1908), by George P. Morehouse (stable link)

La Repblica del Amor (Paso) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

La Repblica del Amor: Opereta en un Acto, Dividido en Dos Cuadros (libretto in Spanish, without music, second edition; Madrid: R. Velasco, 1909), by Antonio Paso and Salvador Aragn (stable link)

Nehiro-Iriniui Aiamihe Massinahigan (La Brosse) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Nehiro-Iriniui Aiamihe Massinahigan: Shatshegutsh, Mitinekapitsh, Iskuamiskutsh, Netshekatsh Misht', Assinitsh, Shekutimitsh, Ekuanatsh, Ashuabmushuanitsh, Piakuagamitsh, Gaie Missi Missi Nehiro-iriniui Astshitsh ka Tatjits, ka Kueiasku Aiamihatjits ka Utshi (in Montagnais; Quebec: Massinahitsetuau, Broun Gaie Girmor, 1767), by Jean Baptiste de La Brosse (stable link)

Unallotted Lands of the Creek Nation (Creek Nation) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Unallotted Lands of the Creek Nation: Letter of the Officers of the Creek Nation to Senator Robert L. Owen Urging the Passage of the Joint Resolution (S. J. R. 114) Withholding From Allotment the Unallotted Lands or Public Domain of the Creek Nation or Tribe of Indians, and Providing for the Sale Thereof, and for Other Purposes (Washington: GPO, 1916), by Creek Nation (stable link)

Rerum Naturalium Scriptores Graeci Minores (Keller) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Rerum Naturalium Scriptores Graeci Minores (only volume published, in Greek with Latin commentary; Leipzig: B. G. Teubner, 1877), ed. by Otto Keller, contrib. by Antigonus of Carystus, Phlegon of Tralles, and Apollonius (page images at HathiTrust)

Radulfi de Diceto Decani Lundoniensis Opera Historica (Diceto) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Radulfi de Diceto Decani Lundoniensis Opera Historica: The Historical Works of Master Ralph de Diceto, Dean of London (2 volumes, in Latin with English commentary; London: Longmand and Co.; et al., 1876), by Ralph de Diceto, ed. by William Stubbs (stable link)

The Copper Deposits of Michigan (Butler) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Copper Deposits of Michigan (USGS professional paper 144; Washington: GPO, 1929), by B. S. Butler and W. S. Burbank (page images at HathiTrust)

The Scriptores Historiae Augustae, With an English Translation (Magie; volumes) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Scriptores Historiae Augustae, With an English Translation (in Latin and English; London: W. Heinemann; New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1922-1932), trans. by David Magie (all volumes: page images at HathiTrust; US access only)

Heavenly Discourse (Wood) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Heavenly Discourse (New York: Vanguard Press, c1927), by Charles Erskine Scott Wood, contrib. by Floyd Dell, illust. by Art Young and Hugo Gellert (page images at HathiTrust)

Bibliography of Printing in America (Watkins) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Bibliography of Printing in America: Books, Pamphlets and Some Articles in Magazines Relating to the History of Printing in the New World (Boston: The compiler, 1906), by George Thomas Watkins (page images at HathiTrust)

The Early Hours (Pickthall) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Early Hours (London et al.: W. Collins Sons and Co., c1921), by Marmaduke Pickthall (page images at HathiTrust)

A Discourse of Witchcraft, As it Was Acted in the Family of Mr. Edward Fairfax of Fuystone in the County of York, in the Year 1621 (Fairfax) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

A Discourse of Witchcraft, As it Was Acted in the Family of Mr. Edward Fairfax of Fuystone in the County of York, in the Year 1621: From the Original Copy Written With His Own Hand (ca. 1858), by Edward Fairfax, ed. by Richard Monckton Milnes (page images at HathiTrust)

Life of Joseph Brant-Thayendanegea (Stone) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Life of Joseph Brant-Thayendanegea: Including the Border Wars of the American Revolution, and Sketches of the Indian Campaigns of Generals Harmar, St. Clair, and Wayne. (2 volumes; New York: A. V. Blake, 1838), by William L. Stone (stable link)

Phlegontis Tralliani Opuscula Graece et Latine (Phlegon) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Phlegontis Tralliani Opuscula Graece et Latine (second edition, in Latin and Greek; Halle: Hendel, 1822), by Phlegon of Tralles, ed. by Johann Georg Friedrich Franz and Friedrich Jakob Bast, contrib. by Johannes van Meurs and Wilhelm Xylander (page images at HathiTrust)

The West-India Merchant, Factor and Supercargoes Daily Assistant, in the Disposal of a Cargoe of Merchandize at Jamaica, Mobille, Saint Augustine, the Musquetto shore, Bay of Honduras, the Spanish main, or Any Other Part of the Spanish West-Indies, Whether Consigned from Great Britain, Ireland, or Any of the British Colonies in North America (Wright) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The West-India Merchant, Factor and Supercargoes Daily Assistant, in the Disposal of a Cargoe of Merchandize at Jamaica, Mobille, Saint Augustine, the Musquetto shore, Bay of Honduras, the Spanish main, or Any Other Part of the Spanish West-Indies, Whether Consigned from Great Britain, Ireland, or Any of the British Colonies in North America (London: Printed for the author and sold by D. Steel, 1765), by John Wright (stable link)

Ups and Downs in the Life of a Distressed Gentleman (Stone) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Ups and Downs in the Life of a Distressed Gentleman (New York: Leavitt, Lord and Co.; Boston: Crocker and Brewster, 1836), by William L. Stone (Gutenberg text)

A Guide to the Study of Fishes (Jordan) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

A Guide to the Study of Fishes (2 volumes; New York: H. Holt and Co., 1905), by David Starr Jordan (stable link)

The Story of Live Dolls (Gates) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Story of Live Dolls (Chicago: M. A. Donohue and Co., c1901), by Josephine Scribner Gates, illust. by Virginia Keep (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)

The Story of the Mince Pie (Gates) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Story of the Mince Pie (New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1916), by Josephine Scribner Gates, illust. by John Rae (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)

Eric's Book of Beasts (Jordan) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Eric's Book of Beasts: Done in Water-Colors, and Accompanied With Appropriate Jingles (San Francisco: P. Elder and Co., c1912), by David Starr Jordan, illust. by Shimada Sekko (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)

Bulletin (Colorado Geological Survey) (partial serial archives)

Bulletin (Washington state Division of Mines and Geology) (partial serial archives)

Piney Woods Planter "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Piney Woods Planter (partial serial archives)

The Student Voice "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Student Voice (SNCC publication, 1960-1965) (partial serial archives)

03:06

Crews working to free runaway barges carrying methanol in Ohio River "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Correspondent David Lee Miller reports the latest on the on the disaster. #FoxNews

Subscribe to Fox News! https://bit.ly/2vaBUvAS
Watch more Fox News Video: http://video.foxnews.com
Watch Fox News Channel Live: http://www.foxnewsgo.com/

FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. The number one network in cable, FNC has been the most-watched television news channel for 18 consecutive years. According to a 2020 Brand Keys Consumer Loyalty Engagement Index report, FOX News is the top brand in the country for morning and evening news coverage. A 2019 Suffolk University poll named FOX News as the most trusted source for television news or commentary, while a 2019 Brand Keys Emotion Engagement Analysis survey found that FOX News was the most trusted cable news brand. A 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey also found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News was the top-cited outlet. Owned by FOX Corporation, FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.

Watch full episodes of your favorite shows
The Five: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-the-five/
Special Report with Bret Baier: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-special-report/
Fox News Primetime: https://video.foxnews.com/playlist/on-air-fox-news-primetime/
Tucker Carlson Tonight: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-tucker-carlson-tonight/
Hannity: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-hannity/
The Ingraham Angle: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-the-ingraham-angle/
Fox News @ Night: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-fox-news-night/

Follow Fox News on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/
Follow Fox News on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FoxNews/
Follow Fox News on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foxnews/

03:05

Shocking details emerge on man who stabbed Rand Paul staffer "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., on the need for large cities to keep violent criminals behind bars and holding Dr. Fauci responsible for COVID response. #FoxNews

Subscribe to Fox News! https://bit.ly/2vaBUvAS
Watch more Fox News Video: http://video.foxnews.com
Watch Fox News Channel Live: http://www.foxnewsgo.com/

FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. The number one network in cable, FNC has been the most-watched television news channel for 18 consecutive years. According to a 2020 Brand Keys Consumer Loyalty Engagement Index report, FOX News is the top brand in the country for morning and evening news coverage. A 2019 Suffolk University poll named FOX News as the most trusted source for television news or commentary, while a 2019 Brand Keys Emotion Engagement Analysis survey found that FOX News was the most trusted cable news brand. A 2017 Gallup/Knight Foundation survey also found that among Americans who could name an objective news source, FOX News was the top-cited outlet. Owned by FOX Corporation, FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.

Watch full episodes of your favorite shows
The Five: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-the-five/
Special Report with Bret Baier: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-special-report/
Fox News Primetime: https://video.foxnews.com/playlist/on-air-fox-news-primetime/
Tucker Carlson Tonight: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-tucker-carlson-tonight/
Hannity: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-hannity/
The Ingraham Angle: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-the-ingraham-angle/
Fox News @ Night: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/longform-fox-news-night/

Follow Fox News on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/
Follow Fox News on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FoxNews/
Follow Fox News on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foxnews/

Las Vegas Police Outsmart Shoplifter #shorts "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Las Vegas Police Outsmart Shoplifter #shorts

Watch Full Report Here:

#las #vegas #shoplifter #karma #cops #crime #cackling #justice #karma #cackling #caught

Fox News reports, police arrested a Las Vegas shoplifter seen on video boasting she wouldnt be caught and laughing as she brazenly snatched items from store shelves. During a robbery on South Las Vegas Boulevard in January, the video shows.Theyll never catch me.

Sub To The Channel: http://nnn.is/Sub-to-N3
Get On Our Email List: http://nnn.is/email-newsletter-next-news

SUPPORT THE NETWORK WITH THE LINKS BELOW!

Donate With Paypal: https://nnn.is/give-once
Give BTC: 13Hd1HFqS5CDLCMcFQPWu9wumubo6X2hSM
Next News T-Shirt Shop: http://nnn.is/get-your-gear-here

Books That Teach Freedom!
https://bit.ly/teach-freedom

Get the equivalent of a Ph.D. in libertarian thought and
free-market economics online for just 24 cents a day!
Visit: http://LibertyClassroom.org

Restore YOUR Online Privacy here:
https://HideWithGary.com
Enter Promo Code: nextnews for 20% OFF !

Be Ready in ANY disaster. Stock up on Survival Food here:
http://PrepareWithGary.com

-
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!

https://truthsocial.com/@NextNewsNetwork
https://parler.com/garyfranchi
https://gettr.com/user/nextnewsnetwork
Telegram: https://t.me/nextnewsnetwork1
https://Minds.com/NextNews
https://Minds.com/GaryFranchi
https://BitChute.com/channel/NextNewsNetwork
https://Real.Video/channel/NextNewsNetwork
http://Facebook.com/NextNewsNet

Las Vegas Police Outsmart Shoplifter Who Thought She Was Untouchable "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

URGENT: Become a sustaining Liberty Guardianof Next News, tap here now: https://www.givesendgo.com/sustain-next-news

Reinvigorate Yourself With Collagen!
http://healthwithgary.com
Click to get up to 51% OFF ^^^^

Sub To The Channel: http://nnn.is/Sub-to-N3

Get On Our Email List: http://nnn.is/email-newsletter-next-news

Fox News reports, police arrested a Las Vegas shoplifter seen on video boasting she wouldnt be caught and laughing as she brazenly snatched items from store shelves. During a robbery on South Las Vegas Boulevard in January, the video shows.Theyll never catch me.

Watch The Report Here: https://youtu.be/bhIrzo4qGVU

Share To Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://youtu.be/bhIrzo4qGVU

Tweet This Video: https://twitter.com/home?status=Must%20See!%20https%3A//youtu.be/bhIrzo4qGVU

Read More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-cops-get-last-laugh-after-cackling-shoplifter-brags-shell-never-be-caught

SUPPORT THE NETWORK WITH THE LINKS BELOW!

Donate With Paypal: https://nnn.is/give-once
Give BTC: 13Hd1HFqS5CDLCMcFQPWu9wumubo6X2hSM
Next News T-Shirt Shop: http://nnn.is/get-your-gear-here

Books That Teach Freedom!
https://bit.ly/teach-freedom

Get the equivalent of a Ph.D. in libertarian thought and
free-market economics online for just 24 cents a day!
Visit: http://LibertyClassroom.org

Restore YOUR Online Privacy here:
https://HideWithGary.com
Enter Promo Code: nextnews for 20% OFF !

Be Ready in ANY disaster. Stock up on Survival Food here:
http://PrepareWithGary.com

-
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL!

https://Minds.com/NextNews
https://Minds.com/GaryFranchi
https://BitChute.com/channel/NextNewsNetwork
https://Real.Video/channel/NextNewsNetwork
http://Facebook.com/NextNewsNet

Bragg is in too deep to not indict Trump: Ameer Benno | Wake Up America "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

On Wednesdays Wake Up America, constitutional lawyer Ameer Benno explains why he believes Manhattan District Attorney will go forward with an indictment of former President Donald Trump.
Watch NEWSMAX, an independent news network with a conservative perspective, available in 100M+ U.S. homes.

Watch NEWSMAX on the Free NEWSMAX App or find your NEWSMAX cable/streaming provider here: https://newsmaxtv.com/findus

Latest headlines: http://NEWSMAX.com
Subscribe to NEWSMAX on YouTube: https://bit.ly/3vVQW4L
Listen LIVE to NEWSMAX on iHeart, TuneIn or Audacy: http://newsmax.com/listen
Subscribe to NEWSMAX podcasts: http://newsmax.com/listen
Like NEWSMAX on Facebook: http://nws.mx/FB
Follow NEWSMAX on Twitter: http://nws.mx/twitter
Follow NEWSMAX on Instagram: http://nws.mx/IG
Follow NEWSMAX on TRUTH Social: https://truthsocial.com/@NewsMax
Follow NEWSMAX on GETTR: https://gettr.com/user/newsmax
Follow NEWSMAX on Telegram: http://t.me/newsmax
Follow on Mastodon: https://mastodon.world/@NEWSMAX
Shop NEWSMAX Logo Gear at http://nws.mx/shop

#NEWSMAX #News #BreakingNews

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog