IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Wednesday, 05 April

03:00

Life-Enhancing Anxiety: Key to a Revitalized World Mad In America

I know it seems counter-intuitive, but close observation suggests that what many of us need now is not less anxiety, but more, at least of a certain kind. I call this kind of anxiety life-enhancing.  Life-enhancing anxiety fosters cross-cultural bridge building, creative enrichment, and social engagement.  It can also bolster spiritual well-being. Formally, I define life-enhancing anxiety as that which helps us to live with and make the best of the depth and mystery of existence. Less formally, I define it as our capacity to thrive on the edge of discovery, wonder.

Photo of a man leaping off a rock into green waterThe existential psychologist Rollo May wrote that freedom and anxiety are two sides of the coin. There is never one without the other, and my studiesas well as personal experienceconfirm this assertion. Anxiety is basically fear of the unknown, and fear of the unknown can be disabling and paralyzing, as many who live with anxiety disorders today can attest, but it can also be invigorating and potentially liberating. Many people, for example, are terrified to try out new ideas, relationships, encounters with people or places foreign to them, but on the opposite side of the spectrum, people who have learned to live with and make the best of their anxiety tend to take more (calculated) risks, seek novel experiences, and thus live more adventurous lives.

I learned this personally following the traumatic loss of my seven-year-old brother when I was two and a half. This shattering event led to a pivotal round of therapy with a child psychoanalyst when I was six years old, and it was a turning point in my life. I was terrified of death and dying, and I had great battles with anxiety and depressionmy father feared I was losing touch with reality; but this approximately year-long therapy helped me very gradually move from a position of debilitating withdrawal from life to one of emboldening curiosity and even wonder about life. It helped me shift from a pla...

02:52

Top 6 Benefits of Managed IT Services Waking Science

IT problems happen, but they dont have to be a major headache. Having an IT partner can help you avoid downtime and keep your business up and running. If you consider hiring a managed service provider, it is important to know the benefits. Discussed below are the top six benefits of managed IT services.

1. Reduced Labor Costs

Managed IT providers are ready to handle your technology problems 24/7. They provide monitoring and maintenance, which can help you save money on hiring additional IT staff. Staffing is one of the most underestimated costs for companies today. It eats into every aspect of the business. So, managed IT services make this cost obsolete since your personnel has time to focus on strategic growth.

2. Expertise

Managed service providers have trained, experienced staff who are experts in their field. Their highly educated technicians will know to keep your systems running efficiently with minimum problems down the road. Managed services reduce the IT burden by providing a single point of contact.

3. Better Security

Hiring a managed service provider can improve security and availability for your company. The professionals deal with the latest threats and know how to mitigate them best, as well as helping you create a secure network environment which is crucial in todays business world. This also includes advice on security management, which can help you avoid future problems.

4. Reduced Downtime...

00:33

SPELLERS Wins Phoenix Film Festival Awards Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Spellers Award
Jamie, Cade and Vince Celebrate

From Levi Quackenboss.  Subscribe to Putting the Boss in Quack on Substack.

Congratulations on the fantastic reception! If you're using RPM or Spelling2Communicate, let us know. I'm using it with Bella. Nothing fancy. We don't travel to sunny destinations. Our closeups are in the bathroom mirror. We use handmade letter boards while seated on a Goodwill sofa in our rented ranch. And Bella is making progress! You can too. XOX

The kids of SPELLERS just swept the Phoenix Film Festival

The world is about to find out.

If youre following along with the wild ride of the non-speaking autistic kids and young adults who are now fully and eloquently communicating with their families and teachers through Spelling-to-Communicate, you heard a few weeks ago that their documentary SPELLERS was an official selection to be screened at the Phoenix Film Festival. The festival ran from March 23rd through last night, April 2nd, and SPELLERS had four showings: March 31st, April 1st, and twice on April 2ndwith three of the shows selling out.

I woke up this morning to see photos of these three proud grins and trophies in hand. (Read more below the jump.)

SPONSORED CONTENT

UnderestimatedSpellers is base...

Tuesday, 04 April

22:30

A high-quality cloned journal has duped hundreds of scholars, and has no reason to stop Retraction Watch

Anna Abalkina

Have you heard about hijacked journals, which take over legitimate publications titles, ISSNs, and other metadata without their permission? We recently launched the Retraction Watch Hijacked Journal Checker, and will be publishing regular posts like this one to tell the stories of some of those cases. 

In 2021, I created an alert on Scopus to keep me updated about new publications in the Hong Kong Journal of Social Sciences, which had been hijacked by fraudulent publishers. I wanted to know if unauthorized content from this hijacked journal ended up in the index. 

However, I forgot about the alert until last month, when I received three notifications from Scopus regarding new publications in the journal.

These notifications included lists of a dozen papers indexed in journal. Inspecting the profile of the journal showed that probably more than 55 papers from the hijackers are currently indexed in Scopus:

The hijacking of the Hong Kong Journal of Social Sciences started in 2019, when the web domain of the clone journal was created. 

The hijackers website mimicked the genuine journal well. The archive of past issues included papers fr...

11:18

Are the Days of Ishmael Here? Global Finance Leadership Takes a Turn East, to the Arab Middle East Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy
Editor, Health Impact News

If Saudi Arabia did not appear in your news feed for the past two days, then you have missed what has been perhaps one of the most important news stories of not only the past couple of days, but perhaps of the past year, if not the past decade or century, while most of the U.S. population is being distracted by entertainment news as the clown circus show in Florida took their act to Manhattan today.

First, out of nowhere, Saudi Arabia shocked the western financial world yesterday (Sunday, April 2, 2023), by announcing that OPEC was going to reduce oil production by over 1 million barrels per day.

In the latest in a long series of slaps on Bidens face, on Sunday OPEC+ unexpectedly announced an oil production reduction of over 1 million barrels per day, limiting output from May. Saudi Arabia spearheaded the cartels efforts by committing to a 500,000-barrel reduction of its own production.

According to the Saudi Press Agency, a Ministry of Energy official stated the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will implement a voluntary cut of 500 thousand barrels per day from May till the end of 2023.

The cut will be in coordination with other OPEC and non-OPEC participating countries in the declaration of cooperation, the state-run media outlet continued.

This voluntary cut is in addition to the reduction in production agreed at the 33rd OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting on October 5, 2022, the paper pointed out. 

Other members, such as Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and Algeria, also joined in the reduction efforts.

Previously, Russia had pledged to cut its crude-only output by 500,000 barrels per day in March in response to Western sanctions, including price caps on its oil and petroleum production, and to keep those curbs in place through June, but has now extended its pledged cuts through the end of the year.

Here are the reductions per country:

• *SAUDI ARABIA TO CUT OIL OUTPUT BY 500,000 BARRELS/DAY FROM MAY
  • *KUWAIT TO VOLUNTARY CUT OIL PRODUCTION BY 128,000 BARRELS/DAY
  • *UAE TO REDUCE OIL PRODUCTION BY 144,000 BARRELS/DAY FROM MAY
  • *KAZAKHSTAN TO CONTRIBUTE 78K B/D TO OPEC+ OUTPUT CUT: MINISTRY
  • *IRAQ TO CUT 211,000 B/D OF OIL OUTPUT FROM MAY: MINISTRY

11:17

Are the Days of Ishmael Here? Global Finance Leadership Takes a Turn East, to the Arab Middle East Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

If Saudi Arabia did not appear in your news feed for the past two days, then you have missed what has been perhaps one of the most important news stories of not only the past couple of days, but perhaps of the past year, if not the past decade or century, while most of the U.S. population is being distracted by entertainment news as the clown circus show in Florida took their act to Manhattan today.

First, out of nowhere, Saudi Arabia shocked the western financial world yesterday (Sunday, April 2, 2023), by announcing that OPEC was going to reduce oil production by over 1 million barrels per day.

In the latest in a long series of slaps on Bidens face, on Sunday OPEC+ unexpectedly announced an oil production reduction of over 1 million barrels per day, limiting output from May. Saudi Arabia spearheaded the cartels efforts by committing to a 500,000-barrel reduction of its own production.

According to the Saudi Press Agency, a Ministry of Energy official stated the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will implement a voluntary cut of 500 thousand barrels per day from May till the end of 2023.

The cut will be in coordination with other OPEC and non-OPEC participating countries in the declaration of cooperation, the state-run media outlet continued.

This voluntary cut is in addition to the reduction in production agreed at the 33rd OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting on October 5, 2022, the paper pointed out. 

Other members, such as Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and Algeria, also joined in the reduction efforts.

Previously, Russia had pledged to cut its crude-only output by 500,000 barrels per day in March in response to Western sanctions, including price caps on its oil and petroleum production, and to keep those curbs in place through June, but has now extended its pledged cuts through the end of the year.

Here are the reductions per country:

• *SAUDI ARABIA TO CUT OIL OUTPUT BY 500,000 BARRELS/DAY FROM MAY
  • *KUWAIT TO VOLUNTARY CUT OIL PRODUCTION BY 128,000 BARRELS/DAY
  • *UAE TO REDUCE OIL PRODUCTION BY 144,000 BARRELS/DAY FROM MAY
  • *KAZAKHSTAN TO CONTRIBUTE 78K B/D TO OPEC+ OUTPUT CUT: MINISTRY
  • *IRAQ TO CUT 211,000 B/D OF OIL OUTPUT FROM MAY: MINISTRY

10:32

Are the Days of Ishmael Here? Global Finance Leadership Takes a Turn East, to the Arab Middle East Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

Previously, Russia had pledged to cut its crude-only output by 500,000 barrels per day in March in response to Western sanctions, including pric...

10:00

Ronnie Cummins Describes Strategy for Taking Back Organics Articles

I recently spoke with Ronnie Cummins, cofounder and international director of the Organic Consumers Association (OCA), in honor of Regenerative Food and Farming Week. OCA is one of the philanthropic organizations that we support, and Cummins shared some exciting updates in the field of organic and biodynamic agriculture.

One of OCAs major endeavors is the Billion Agave Project, an ecosystem-regeneration strategy being used by Mexican farms in Guanajuato, a high-desert region.1 Cummins was in San Miguel, Mexico, when we spoke, which was right in the middle of the dry season.

As Cummins explains, theres typically no rain in the region for eight months out of the year, and since 86% of Mexican farmers dont have a well, the use of organic and regenerative farming techniques is very important for good production and to improve the environment.2

Regeneration Being Used for Greenwashing

When you hear terms like regenerative agriculture, its important to look at its source. While small farms around the globe are using organic methods to grow food, in part because they cant afford expensive agricultural chemicals, theyre not getting credit for the truly sustainable farming methods theyre embracing.

Meanwhile, corporate giants are using terms like regenerative to make it seem as though their industrial farming methods are natural. Regenerative food and farming has become a buzzword in natural and organic food circles, Cummins explains.

More and more people understand what it is. But unfortunately, a lot of the agribusiness corporations are using the term regeneration to avoid going organic or biodynamic, and they're using it more as greenwashing. So, we're still looking for people to understand that, you know, regenerative needs to be organic or biodynamic as its bottom line, and then you can improve on those practices.3

As it stands, however, the small farmers arent typically getting rewarded for their regenerative methods the way they should. Cummins continues:4

We shouldn't allow big corporations like Monsanto to be paying bogus carbon credits to, you know, industrial monoculture, corn and soy farms in the Midwest, and claim that if they change one little thing, like they don't plow because they use glyphosate instead or if they use cover crops, but then they burn them down with glyphosate there's nothing really regenerative about that....

Executive Order Lays Foundation for Lab-Created Foods Articles

September 12, 2022, U.S. President Joe Biden signed an "Executive Order on Advancing Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing Innovation for a Sustainable, Safe and Secure American Bioeconomy."1

This executive order makes biotechnology a national priority across agencies and branches of government. As noted in this order, biotechnology will also be used to "improve" food security, sustainability, and agricultural innovation in the U.S.:

"The Secretary of Agriculture, in consultation with the heads of appropriate agencies as determined by the Secretary, shall submit a report assessing how to use biotechnology and biomanufacturing for food and agriculture innovation, including by improving sustainability and land conservation; increasing food quality and nutrition; increasing and protecting agricultural yields; protecting against plant and animal pests and diseases; and cultivating alternative food sources."

Support of Bioengineered Fake Food Is Now White House Policy

In late March 2023, Biden expanded on this premise in a "Bold Goals for U.S. Biotechnology and Biomanufacturing" report.2 According to this plan, the food industry is now to be led by biotech, and the "improvements" we can look forward to are more lab-grown meats and bioengineered plant foods.

In the featured video above, I discuss this rapidly advancing trend, and the true geopolitical incentives behind it, because the U.S. is not alone in moving in this direction. A similar plan is detailed in the U.K.'s Genetic Technology and Precision Breeding Act of 2023.3 Specific goals highlighted in Biden's "Bold Goals" report include:4

Increasing agricultural productivity by 28% in the next decade

Reducing food waste by 50% by 2030

Reducing methane emissions from agriculture by 30% by 2030 by:

1. Capturing biogases from manure management systems

2. Reducing methane emissions from ruminant livestock

3. Reducing methane emissions from food waste in landfills

As reported by Food Dive:5

"While advocates and some companies have been working to reduce methane...

Why Sleep Deprivation Is a Recipe for Ill Health Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published May 12, 2018.

In the featured video, Joe Rogan interviews professor Matthew Walker, Ph.D., founder and director of the University of California Berkeley's Center for Human Sleep Science and author of the book "Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams,"1 in which he shares the latest discoveries about sleep and how it impacts virtually every area of your physical and mental health.

I read Walker's book last fall, and share his view that sleep is profoundly important even more important than diet and exercise. After all, you're not likely to reap maximum rewards from other healthy lifestyle habits if you're constantly exhausted. Beyond that, lack of sleep has been shown to raise your risk for chronic illnesses such as dementia, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and obesity.

In fact, the World Health Organization has tagged shift work as a "probable human carcinogen" because it causes circadian disruption.2 Lack of sleep is also associated with shorter lifespans. Like Walker, I believe getting quality sleep, and enough of it, is the single most effective thing you can do to reset your brain and body and invigorate your health on a daily basis.

Sleep Deprivation Is a Form of Self Abuse

There are many reasons why you may sleep poorly, and one may simply be related to your mindset. Many, especially in the U.S., still view lack of sleep as a badge of honor a sign of drive, ambition and achievement at the expense of sleep. Worse, good sleep is often characterized as a sign of sloth.

As noted by Walker in one of his lectures,3 "We want to seem busy, and one way we express that is by proclaiming how little sleep we're getting. It's time for us to reclaim our right to a full night of sleep, without embarrassment or the stigma of laziness. In doing so, we may remember what it feels like to truly be awake during the day."

According to Walker, "Humans are the only species that deliberately deprive themselves of sleep for no apparent reason," and based on his studies, he is convinced no one can make it on five hours or less of sleep without suffering some level of short-term impairment or long-term illness.

There's an exceptionally rare genetic mutation known as advanced phase sleep syndrome that allows some to thrive with minimal sleep, but you're far more likely to be struck by lightning than have this rare genetic mutation.

Rogan and Walker a...

06:40

Diet soda has a bad reputation, but science disagrees Skeptical Raptor

The Skeptical Raptor, stalking pseudoscience in the internet jungle.

There are a lot of myths about diet soda, but published clinical evidence indicate it is safe and may actually help you lose weight.

Skeptical Raptor

06:28

Your Consent Is Not Required: When Psychiatric Treatment Isnt Voluntary Mad In America

From Christopher Lane, PhD/Psychology Today: This isnt a book about mental illness or the mentally ill, Rob Wipond tells me over email about his eye-opening investigation, Your Consent Is Not Required: The Rise in Psychiatric Detentions, Forced Treatment, and Abusive Guardianships (BenBella Books, 2023). Its a book about the expanding uses of mental health laws throughout society on people from all walks of life.

Though most studies of psychiatry focus on voluntary, outpatient treatment to assess impacts on the largest number of patients, the rates of North Americans detained involuntarilyincluding by civil commitments, crisis calls, and police wellness checksare more than double and triple those in the U.K., Sweden, Finland, Germany, and France . . .

We help more people than we hurt

To the question, Does forced treatment improve mental health?, in one of the 28 chapters in Wiponds book that takes us from blindingly brisk courtroom hearings to harrowing wellness checks and near-inescapable guardianships, he can answer with a clear and decisive no.

Despite administrators hoping to reassure him that the system is well-intentioned, that we help more people than we hurt, and that from our end, we really are doing our best to help our patients and our best to promote good practice and good care, Wiponds comprehensive study unearths health and social services replete with poor-to-dreadful outcomes, lax oversight, and protocols seemingly rigged against those most in need: the vulnerable, destitute, and marginalized.

Far from being able to point to improvements in patient outcomes, Your Consent Is Not Required describes a series of better-safe-than-sorry decisions and I-know-it-when-I-see-it diagnoses and managerialism that funnels people into forced treatment, with the consequence that staff sometimes begin to feel they have this right to administer any type of intervention, while those detained are forced to be submissive and compliantto consent to treatment, frequently by sedatives, antidepressants, and antipsychotics, even when unwanted. In the case of Wiponds father, and over the objections of family, the treatment extended to electroshock therapy, or ECT.

Thats what bothers me the most, even more than my fathers death, one interviewee tells him of her fathers forced treatment for mild dementia, on drugs to which he had a severe adverse reaction, after 11 days in psychiatric detenti...

06:22

Brook Jackson lawsuit against Pfizer COVID vaccine dismissed Skeptical Raptor

Professor Dorit Rubinstein Reiss writes about the dismissal of the lawsuit from Brook Jackson against Pfizer and their COVID vaccine trials.

Skeptical Raptor

06:03

Video: Tornado Survival

With Spring just starting and deadly tornadoes hitting Mississippi, Arkansas, and elsewhere, Ive decided to revisit tornado survival in this video. Companion to a recent article. To watch, click below: Wishing you the best of health in good times or bad, Joe Alton MD Dr. Alton Hey learn about tornadoes, other natural disasters, and many[Read More]

The post Video: Tornado Survival first appeared on .

05:45

Rebuttal Of Stuffs The Whole Truth: Water Fluoridation At Recommended Levels Is Safe And Beneficial Fluoride Action Network

On the 28th of March 2023, New Zealand mainstream media outlet Stuff, published an article titled The Whole Truth: Water fluoridation at recommended levels is safe and beneficial.

Stuffs article was in response to the release of the US Governments National Toxicology Programs Monograph titled NTP Monograph on the State of the Science Concerning Fluoride Exposure and Neurodevelopmental and Cognitive Health Effects: A Systematic Review.

This post rebuts all the points made in Stuffs article.

Stuff

This reporting is part of Stuffs fact-checking project, The Whole Truth at recommended levels is safe and beneficial

Whats the issue? Misinformation about fluoride isnt new. Community water fluoridation isnt new, either. Since the 1960s, about half of Aotearoa New Zealands population has had access to it. Fluoride is known for its role in helping protect our teeth by making them stronger and by reducing tooth decay.

Rebuttal

There is no strong evidence that fluoridation reduces tooth decay. The Cochrane Review, considered the gold standard in providing factual evidence on health topics,...

04:40

All About Nuts: Eight Healthiest Varieties GreenMedInfo

Do you want a quick, easy, no-prep snack that can keep you fueled on-the-go while reducing your risk of disease and death? It sounds nuts -- and it is nuts!

If you are interested in maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle, nuts are, quite simply, a food group you need in your life. Compact and convenient, in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and flavor profiles, nuts are an easy way to boost nutrition and energy levels without any preparation required.

read more

03:54

Groundbreaking Analysis: COVID Vaccines Caused 300,000 Excess Deaths, $147 Billion in Damage to Economy in 2022 Alone GreenMedInfo

Originally published on www.childrenshealthdefense.org by Michael Nevradakis, Ph.D.

In the U.S., COVID-19 vaccines injured 26.6 million people, disabled 1.36 million people, caused more than 300,000 excess deaths and cost the economy an estimated $147 billion in damage -- in 2022 alone -- according to a new analysis by Humanity Projects, a wing of Portugal-based research firm Phinance Technologies

read more

03:00

Critical Psychiatry Textbook, Chapter 7: Psychosis (Part Three) Mad In America

Editors Note: Over the next several months, Mad in Gtzsches book, Critical Psychiatry Textbook. In this blog, he discusses the lack of evidence for benefit, and the evidence of harms, of psychosis drugs used for early intervention/first-episode psychosis. Each Monday, a new section of the book is published, and all chapters are archived here.

Early intervention? Yes, but not with psychosis drugs

An argument for using psychosis drugs was that it is harmful not to intervene early, and the term duration of untreated psychosis (DUP) was often used. It was claimed that DUP worsens the prognosis for schizophrenia and similar disorders;16:194,17:326,18:79,18:233 19:235,20:416 that it is harmful for the brain to be psychotic;18:98,20:416 and that with early intervention, a chronic course can be prevented for many patients17:326 who can be taught to handle their vulnerability.18:80

These arguments are not correct. When a drug doesnt work for a disease but only pacifies the patients, it cannot be important to use it early in the course of a disease. Furthermore, the researchnone of which was referencedthat claims that the duration of untreated psychosis is related to the prognosis is unreliable. People who are not treated early are not comparable to those treated early and they are in a worse condition, on average, with a host of prognostic factors that bode for a poor long-term outcome, e.g. homelessness and alcoholism.

It is not possible with statistical methods to adjust reliably for such differences. As already noted, the more variables you include in a logistic regression, the further you are likely to get from the truth50 (see Chapter 2, Part Two).

00:22

This Week Dr. T with Heidi St. John Dr. Tenpenny

04-03-2023 As a popular author and speaker, Heidi St. John has been speaking on marriage, family and cultural issues for over 15 years. Her passion to encourage moms and set []

Monday, 03 April

23:10

Children with Autism Are More Likely to Be Diagnosed with Psychiatric Comorbidities SafeMinds

Anxiety Disorder Developed in Late Childhood Can Lead to Subsequent Psychiatric Conditions

A longitudinal follow-up study examining the mental health of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) has recently been published in Journal of Affective Disorders. The authors used the Taiwan National Health Insurance Research Database to analyze records of 13,382 children and adolescents with ASD and 53,528 age- and sex-matched non-ASD controls between 2001 and 2009. The research followed participant records until the end of 2011. At that time, subjects who developed schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (BD), depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) were identified. The authors discovered that children and adolescents with ASD were at an increased risk of developing schizophrenia, BD, depressive disorder, and OCD than the control group. Additionally, the results showed that individuals with ASD were more likely to develop BD and depressive disorder at an earlier age. This study also discovered that for children with ASD who develop psychiatric comorbidities, anxiety disorder occurred first, usually in late childhood, with psychotic and affective disorders (e.g., schizophrenia, BD, depressive disorder) proceeding in adolescence. Compared to participants with ASD alone, the diagnosis of anxiety disorder increased the likelihood of subsequent psychiatric comorbidities. According to the authors, the early onset of anxiety disorders in ASD is this researchs  most clinically significant finding. 

Original Study

The post Children with Autism Are More Likely to Be Diagnosed with Psychiatric Comorbidities appeared first on SafeMinds.

23:00

Community Shares | April 3rd 2023 SafeMinds

• According to new research, mothers who had COVID-19 while pregnant have an increased risk of neurodevelopmental disorders in their male offspring. The study used electronic health records for 18,355 births since the beginning of the pandemic and discovered a significant uptick in developmental issues among boys, not girls, in their first year of life. 
  • A new study has found that young children with autism are less likely to receive vision screenings than neurotypical children. This research discovered that only 36.5% of children on the spectrum had completed vision screenings at pediatric well visits versus 59.5% of children without the disorder. The authors point out that early childhood is a critical time for vision development and that children with autism have a high risk for serious eye disorders. 
  • Lawmakers in the Senate and House of Representatives recently introduced a bill calling for mandatory home and community-based services for older adults and people with disabilities through the Medicaid benefit. If passed, the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Act, will eliminate waiting lists for community-based services by increasing funding for the program, providing grants to states to expand their service capacity and taking other steps to strengthen the workforce of caregivers who support people with disabilities. 
  • The Brain Foundation has recently released its Synchrony 2022 Conference Report, co-written by Richard Frye and Heer Nanda. The conference covered a broad range of topics, including searching for important biomarkers to help with early detection tools and working on basic science that evaluates various drug pathways and effects for treating autism symptoms and improving lives for those with the disorder. 
  • The ...

23:00

Prenatal Antibiotic Exposure Linked to an Increased Risk of Autism SafeMinds

Higher Risk Observed in First and Second Trimester Exposures and Lasting Longer than 14 Days

Canadian researchers recently assessed whether prenatal exposure to antibiotics is associated with an increased risk of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in offspring born at term. To investigate this hypothesis, the authors used a population-based retrospective cohort study that included mothers who delivered a live singleton-term infant in British Columbia between April 2000 and December 2014. Exposure was defined by the study as using antibiotic prescriptions during pregnancy.  Outcome was recognized as an ASD diagnosis by the British Columbia Autism Assessment Network by December 2016. After analyzing the data, the authors discovered a small to moderate ASD risk associated with gestational antibiotic exposure. Additionally, the team observed that the most significant risk for ASD was associated with antibiotic exposure lasting longer than 14 days. The authors pointed out that previous research revealed an increased risk of ASD when the antibiotic exposure occurred during the second and third trimesters. However, their study identified the highest risk in the first and second trimester exposure. The researchers observed roughly the same ASD risk for both vaginal and cesarean deliveries and a lower risk associated with combined prenatal and labor and delivery antibiotic exposure. They pointed to evidence that exhibits differences between microbial profiles of infants by mode of delivery and exposure to intrapartum antibiotics, with differences in bacterial abundance and diversity. Consequently, the authors suggest that an altered microbial colonization at birth, and its potential impact on infant neurodevelopment, is not a likely contributor to the association between prenatal antibiotic exposure and ASD. They propose that the risk observed in the first and second trimesters could be due to the susceptible periods for metabolic programming by the maternal microbiome. Ultimately, the authors concluded that their findings need more research to be considered clinically significant. 

Original Study

The post Prenatal Antibiotic Exposure Linked to an Increased Risk of Autism appeared first on...

22:32

Sad but necessary: Ant researchers pull fossil paper over errant claim Retraction Watch

A group of insectologists is receiving praise on social media for retracting a 2022 paper in which they claimed, erroneously, it turns out, to have discovered a novel ant fossil. 

The paper, An Eocene army ant, appeared in November in Biology Letters, a Royal Society title. The authors were led by Christine Sosiak, of the New Jersey Institute of Technology, in Newark. The paper has yet to be cited, according to Clarivate Analytics Web of Science.

According to Sosiak and her colleagues:

Here we report the oldest army ant fossil and the first from the Eastern Hemisphere (EH), Dissimulodorylus perseus, preserved in Baltic amber dated to the Eocene. Using a combined morphological and molecular ultra conserved elements dataset spanning doryline lineages, we find that D. perseus is nested among extant EH army ants with affinities to Dorylus. Army ants are characterized by limited extant diversification throughout most of the Cenozoic; the discovery of D. perseus suggests an unexpected diversity of now-extinct army ant lineages in the Cenozoic, some of which were present in Continental Europe.

But not long after the paper appeared, other ant experts informed the researchers that their ant advance was not an emissary from the Eocene Epoch after all. 

According to the retraction notice

Shortly after the publication of this report the authors were contact...

21:26

Censoring Women's Health Problems Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Gaslighting 2Katie Wright's post (after the MyCycleStory info) tears into Congress for yet again, gaslighting women, this time, the Covid vaccine and menstrual problems. We live in a world where we must agree in an instant that men can have periods, but we can not believe that a vaccine could impair the reproductive cycle. There is published, peer reviewed data at a site called MyCycleStory. Details below, and Katie's post follows.  I know at least one young woman who needs blood transfusions after her periods became so heavy when she was forced to get the Covid vaccine to keep her $18.00 an hour job taking care of autistic adults, some also vaccine injured, including two that I love dearly. Thanks.

Your Cycle Story is Data - from MyCycleStory.com

We hear you. We are listening. We want answers too. Clinical Trials Did not Study COVID-19 Vaccine Effects on Womens Reproductive Systems and we are seeing major issues. There have also been reports of reactions from women who have NOT received the COVID-19 Vaccine. We are studying both. Were an independent research group compiled of advocates, doctors, data scientists, researchers and organizations on a mission to learn more about whats going on with Womens Cycles. With this information we will be able bring light to this issue and discover possible causation and potential solutions. All we know right now is that we need more and better information. Whether or not youve been vaccinated for COVID, if youve had menstrual irregularities, please help us by, donating signing up, sharing your story and participating in our research studies and sharing your cycle story.

On behalf of all of our daughters, mothers, sisters and friends, we thank you for participating.

Share Your Story

By Katie Wright

In 2021 the geniuses at the White House singled out the tweets of eminent liberal feminist scholar, Naomi Wolf, PhD, as a dangerous source of misinformation. She had been tweeting that irregular menstruation was a disturbing side of the Covid vaccine. Wolf is not Conservative or a Republica...

17:01

Peter Gtzsche teams with an antivaxxer to exaggerate the harms of COVID-19 vaccines Science-Based Medicine

Peter Gtzsche, formerly leader of the Nordic Cochrane Center, has teamed with Maryanne Demasi to write a systematic review of the "harms" of COVID-19 vaccination. Besides accepting the highly dubious methodology behind one study, their preprint is yet another example of how EBM can be corrupted to promote antivax ideas.

The post Peter Gtzsche teams with an antivaxxer to exaggerate the harms of COVID-19 vaccines first appeared on Science-Based Medicine.

13:32

Cultural Co-dependency | Barry and Janae Weinhold Mad In America

From The Weinholds: When people have a lot of unhealed developmental trauma, this early trauma that happens in the first three years of life, they feel unsafe. And when people feel unsafe, they go into a fear mode: their brains shut down, they cant problem-solve, they lose their ability to strategize, and so they just go into overwhelm. And it makes everything around them feel like theyre in some kind of survival issue. So it brings them out of what we would consider to be higher consciousness or higher performance of thinking down into this real struggle, where everything becomes just like a struggle.

So its this need for safety then that makes people dependent on somebody else. Because they kind of go back in time, they feel like children, and theyre looking for somebody to guide them. Theyre looking for somebody that will take care of all these things, some kind of authority figure. It might be, you know, the government, or it could be anybody that seems to know more than they do. So they look for these authority figures, and that makes them very susceptible to being manipulated . . . People may depend on these experts who seem to know more than they do, who promise to protect them from things like terrorism or, you know, global climate change, but theyre not really able to think for themselves.

. . . The biggest problem that weve been able to identify is that our culture really doesnt support people having feelings and we cant connect what were feeling to what it is that we need. And without this kind of cultural support, its very difficult to break free of codependency.

Yeah, in our culture its really not cool to ask directly for what you want and need. And unfortunately then when people dont ask, they dont get those needs met. And they get resentful and they feel resentful. So the culture really says, you know, play it cool, dont let them see you sweat the John Wayne persona and the more modern versions of that that we see. But basically there is a kind of a cultural taboo against being direct about your needs and your feelings. And that really is a big barrier to breaking free of codependency.

Its also been really clear to us that when people dont feel safe to feel their feelings, when theyre not able to identify what their needs are, that it keeps people feeling disconnected and it makes them feel lonely. And between feeling lonely and feeling angry and resentful, people build up a lot of steam. They start to kind of, you know, wait for some event where they just blow it all off, because theyre feeling like they have to keep it all inside, and at some point thats just not possible so theres this kind of explosion. And you know we have terms for that in our culture, we talk about going postal, you know, we have a whole set of terms th...

11:27

WARNING: Faith in Artificial Intelligence is About to Destroy America A Total System Collapse May be Imminent Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

As we now enter the first week of the second quarter here in 2023, the United States stands on the brink of a total financial collapse.

There are many ways to view the current economic crisis we all face, and the economic factors that have brought us to this point today, such as the steps that were taken in 2008 during the last economic crisis which never solved the problem, but only kicked the can down the road until the crisis grew bigger, or the role that COVID policies played starting in 2020, or the myriad of other factors that have led us to the place where we all stand today.

But the view that I choose to write about and explain, since so few others are writing about it, is the Big Tech collapse that began in 2022, with the blowup of the FTX cryptocurrency exchange, and the massive layoffs that began in the worlds largest technology companies.

While it is hard to put a number on the total financial loss in the U.S. economy due to the FTX collapse, over $30 billion alone was lost just due to bankruptcies of some of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. (Source.)

And that does not include the two largest cryptocurrency exchanges, Binance and Coinbase, which today are in serious trouble and could also be facing failures and potential bankruptcy.

This crisis spread to the banking industry at the end of the first quarter this year, with banks heavily invested in the cryptocurrency market experiencing bank runs and collapse, including Silicon Valley Bank, which at the time was the 15th largest bank in the U.S.

And more banks face failure today, as the bank runs have not stopped. See:

Second Wave of Bank Runs Start Demise of the U.S. Dollar as the Worlds Reserve Currency Accelerates

Of course it wasnt just investments lost from cryptocurrencies that led to these bank collapses, there are many other factors involved such as the Feds aggressive interest rate hikes, and the banks failures to have enough money on deposit to cover accounts above the FDIC insurance limits, for example.

In years past, this much loss of liquidity in the economy would have crashed the entire system, including the stock markets.

11:27

WARNING: Faith in Artificial Intelligence is About to Destroy America A Total System Collapse May be Imminent Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy

As we now enter the first week of the second quarter here in 2023, the United States stands on the brink of a total financial collapse.

There are many ways to view the current economic crisis we all face, and the economic factors that have brought us to this point today, such as the steps that were taken in 2008 during the last economic crisis which never solved the problem, but only kicked the can down the road until the crisis grew bigger, or the role that COVID policies played starting in 2020, or the myriad of other factors that have led us to the place where we all stand today.

But the view that I choose to write about and explain, since so few others are writing about it, is the Big Tech collapse that began in 2022, with the blowup of the FTX cryptocurrency exchange, and the massive layoffs that began in the worlds largest technology companies.

While it is hard to put a number on the total financial loss in the U.S. economy due to the FTX collapse, over $30 billion alone was lost just due to bankruptcies of some of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. (Source.)

And that does not include the two largest cryptocurrency exchanges, Binance and Coinbase, which today are in serious trouble and could also be facing failures and potential bankruptcy.

This crisis spread to the banking industry at the end of the first quarter this year, with banks heavily invested in the cryptocurrency market experiencing bank runs and collapse, including Silicon Valley Bank, which at the time was the 15th largest bank in the U.S.

Second Wave of Bank Runs Start Demise of the U.S. Dollar as the Worlds Reserve Currency Accelerates

Of course it wasnt just investments lost from cryptocurrencies that led to these bank collapses, there are many other factors involved such as the Feds aggressive interest rate hikes, and the banks failures to have enough money on deposit to cover accounts above the FDIC insurance limits, for example.

In years past, this much loss of liquidity in the economy would have crashed the entire system, including the stock markets.

10:28

WARNING: Faith in Artificial Intelligence is About to Destroy America A Total System Collapse May be Imminent Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

10:00

Gut Microbiome May Be a Game Changer for Tumor Prevention Articles

Editors Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published June 11, 2018.

In recent years, it's become increasingly apparent that the composition of microbes in your gut which is as distinct to you as your fingerprint plays an enormous role in health and disease prevention. Your gut flora influences the function of various internal organs, such as your skin, lungs, breasts and liver.1

For example, recent research2 by the National Institute of Health shows gut microbes control antitumor immune responses in the liver, and that antibiotics by depleting your gut of valuable bacteria can alter the composition of immune cells in your liver and trigger tumor growth.

Aside from cancer, dozens of other health conditions have been traced back to the influence of gut microbes as well, including obesity, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, Parkinson's and allergies,3 just to name a few. One of the reasons for this is because your gut is the main residence of your immune system.4

Disrupt your gut microbiome and you automatically disrupt your immune function, which can have far-reaching consequences. As noted in a paper published in Clinical and Experimental Immunology:5

"The crucial position of the gastrointestinal system is testified by the huge amount of immune cells that reside within it. Indeed, gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT) is the prominent part of mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue and represents almost 70 percent of the entire immune system; moreover, about 80 percent of plasma cells ... reside in GALT."

How Your Microbiome Influences Your Cancer Risk

Previous studies have shown certain gut bacteria quell inflammation, which is an underlying factor in virtually all cancers, whereas others promote it. As noted in a recent article in Nature,6 "bacteria have been associated with cancer initiation and progression. Some of these microbes activate inflammatory responses and disrupt the mucus layers that protect the body from outside invaders, creating an environment that supports tumor growth."

Certain cancers have also been found to have infectious underpinnings. For example, Heliobacter pylori (H. pylori) has been linked to gastric cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer actually defines this microbe as a carcinogen.7...

Bird Flu Scare Narrative Ramps Up Articles

Bird flu has always been a fraud, which is why I wrote my New York Times best-selling book "The Great Bird Flu Hoax," nearly 15 years ago. President George Bush spent over $7 billion dollars and warned that more than 2 million Americans could die.1 The reality is that no one in the U.S. died from bird flu.

Fast forward 15 years, and now global biosecurity is one of the primary tactics chosen to usher in a totalitarian One World Government, so more pandemics are undoubtedly in our future. In the spring of 2022, Bill Gates warned that another pandemic will emerge, and that this yet-to-come pandemic "will get attention this time."2

Based on the news chatter emerging right now, a weaponized bird flu seems likely. In a March 30, 2022, CenterPoint interview, former director for the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, more than hinted at this possibility, saying:3

"I believe the great pandemic is still in the future, and that's going to be a bird flu pandemic for man. It's going to have significant mortality in the 10-50% range. It's gonna be trouble."

Avian Flu Posed No Threat Until Scientists Weaponized It

Historically, natural avian influenza (H5N1) never posed a threat to mankind, but then scientists started tinkering with it, creating a hybrid with human pandemic potential.4 Some of that research has been undertaken in Pentagon-funded biolabs in Ukraine.5,6,7

Gates and Dr. Anthony Fauci, former director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) have also funded gain-of-function research on H5N1.8 One scientist whose work on H5N1 has been funded by both Fauci and Gates is Dr. Yoshihiro Kawaoka.9

In one experiment, Kawaoka mixed bird flu virus with the Spanish flu virus, resulting in a highly lethal respiratory virus with human transmission capability. Kawaoka has also played around with mixtures of H5N1 and the 2...

More Reasons Why Splenda Isnt so Splendid Articles

Consuming artificial sweeteners may seem like the perfect way to have your cake and eat it too a sweet taste to satisfy your cravings without the health risks of sugar. But artificial sweeteners like sucralose, marketed as Splenda, arent a safe sugar alternative.

There have been many red flag safety signals in the past from increased heart risks1 to interfering with your livers detoxification process.2 Now a research team from the Francis Crick Institute in London revealed another reason to stay away from Splenda it may dampen your immune system at high doses.

Sucralose Suppresses Immune Response

In a study on mice, published in the journal Nature,3 the team found sucralose consumption had immunomodulatory effects.4 Mice with either a bacterial infection or a tumor were fed sucralose at levels equivalent to the acceptable daily intake (ADI) recommended by the European and American food safety authorities.5

This lowered the activation of T cells, which play an important role in immune function, in response to either the bacterial infection or cancer.6 The dampened T-cell function was related to the way sucralose affected the release of intracellular calcium.

Previous studies also suggested the artificial sweetener may influence cell membrane fluidity, possibly interfering with T-cell communication.7 When the mice no longer consumed sucralose, their T cells began to work normally again.8 According to the study:9

[T]he intake of high doses of sucralose in mice results in immunomodulatory effects by limiting T cell proliferation and T cell differentiation. Mechanistically, sucralose affects the membrane order of T cells, accompanied by a reduced efficiency of T cell receptor signaling and intracellular calcium mobilization.

While stating that humans would be unlikely to consume the levels of sucralose used in this study with normal or moderately elevated intake, the researchers attempted to spin the immune system suppression as a good thing.

They largely brushed off the concerning finding that mice eating sucralose were less able to fight off infection and cancer and noted, instead, that the artificial sweeten...

06:44

Viagra may reduce the risk of Alzheimers disease no, not a joke Skeptical Raptor

New observational research shows that taking Viagra (sildenafil) may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease.

Skeptical Raptor

06:32

Gluten-free diets, another food fad that is overhyped Skeptical Raptor

Gluten-free diets are a new fad diet, yet there is little evidence that it bring benefits to anyone except those with celiac disease.

Skeptical Raptor

06:16

Scientific facts vs personal opinion about vaccines, evolution, climate change Skeptical Raptor

Scientific facts are different than personal opinions. Science is always based on objective data almost always published for all to read.

Skeptical Raptor

06:13

GMO and vaccine DNA theyre not going to change your genes Skeptical Raptor

DNA in GMO foods and every vaccine will not cause harm and it cannot and will not change your genes. This DNA will not change you.

Skeptical Raptor

04:20

What Are The Akashic Records? GreenMedInfo

"Akasha (a-ka 'ska) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance," in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we perceive with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle,) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."   ~ Ervin Lazlo

read more

03:21

How to Sprout and Grow Passion Fruit Seeds into a Food-Producing Vine The Healthy Home Economist

How to prepare, sprout and grow passion fruit seeds to cultivate a prolific fruit-producing vine for your yard. If you are looking to add a highly productive fruit edible to your yard, passion fruit is one of the best options to choose. Best grown in tropical or subtropical climes, passion fruit vines also grow well

The post How to Sprout and Grow Passion Fruit Seeds into a Food-Producing Vine appeared first on The Healthy Home Economist.

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog