IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Wednesday, 03 May

21:56

Is Australias Planned Vaping Ban A Good Idea? Science-Based Medicine

Australia's planned ban on recreational vaping has a solid base in current evidence.

The post Is Australias Planned Vaping Ban A Good Idea? first appeared on Science-Based Medicine.

10:00

Acid Reflux May Respond Better to Foods Than Prescribed Pills Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published January 3, 2018.

Americans spend a whopping $13 billion a year on over-the-counter and prescription proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which are the most popular anti-reflux medications on the market.1 Because they inhibit acid production, prescription PPI drugs like Nexium, Prevacid and Prilosec are used to treat acid reflux, also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition affecting about 20% of the U.S. population.2

Once prescribed, your doctor may keep you on a PPI drug for years, despite label warnings suggesting they be used only for short periods. If you regularly suffer from heartburn or acid reflux, you'll want to take note of research suggesting dietary changes are as or more effective than drugs in addressing acid reflux.

In many cases, you can begin to restore your body's proper gastric balance and function simply by avoiding processed foods and sugar. By eating real food and infusing your gut microbiome with beneficial bacteria from traditionally fermented foods or a high-quality probiotic supplement you can rebalance your digestive system and eliminate the need for PPIs and other medications. In addition, there are several natural remedies available to help you address this condition.

What Is Reflux?

Reflux, or GERD, occurs when contents from your stomach back up into your esophagus, causing stomach acid to irritate the lining of your esophagus. Other common names for this condition include:

• Acid indigestion
  • Acid regurgitation
  • Heartburn

If you experience acid reflux symptoms more than twice a week, you very likely have reflux disease or GERD, which involves bloating, burning pain in your chest and gut discomfort.

GERD sufferers who experience pronounced reflux symptoms concentrated in the upper throat area, including the pharynx and voice box, may have a more serious condition called laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR). LPR occurs when pepsin, a digestive enzyme from your stomach, damages the sensitive tissues in the back of your throat, resulting in symptoms such as:3

• A "lump" in your throat that doesn't go away
  • Excessive throat clearing or throat mucus
  • Hoarseness
  • Persistent cough or sore throat
  • Trouble breathing or swallowing

Research Shows Diet...

Why Is It Easier to Get This Deadly Treatment Than Ivermectin? Articles

Ivermectin, a drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, is widely used to treat parasitic diseases.1 The total doses of ivermectin distributed equal one-third of the worlds population, and its "considered extremely safe for use in humans."2 Ivermectin even has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, widening its potential scope of use.

But when Dr. Pierre Kory, who is part of the group that formed the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Working Group (FLCCC), pleaded with the U.S. government early on in the pandemic to review the expansive data on ivermectin to prevent COVID-19, keep those with early symptoms from progressing and help critically ill patients recover he was met with backlash.3,4

While health care professionals and their patients have been ridiculed, threatened and denied the ability to use ivermectin to treat COVID-19, a deadly drug fentanyl continues to circulate unabated. 

Patients Denied Safe, Effective Ivermectin

Reports and videos have circulated online of pharmacists denying patients ivermectin, even when they have a doctors prescription.5 One pharmacist told Fox News that if he suspects an ivermectin prescription is intended to treat COVID-19, he wont fill it. "Based on the quantity and based on the dosage, I know exactly what it's for I've denied all of them, yes, he said.6

Further, in a video posted on Twitter, you see the patient trying to pick up his prescription of ivermectin, which the pharmacist flat out refuses to fill ... noting it's not FDA approved for the virus, TMZ reported:7

The customer is adamant that it was prescribed to him by a licensed physician, and that the pharmacist is breaking the law by overriding his doctor's orders but the pharmacist tells him to kick rocks, and to complain to whoever he feels he needs to complain to.

In September 2021, the American Medical Association told doctors to stop prescribing ivermectin for COVID-19. In a statement, AMA, along with the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), warned:8

A Silent Thief of Sight: Are You at Risk? Articles

Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness in the world. Worldwide, an estimated 80 million people are affected, and prevalence is rising.1 Glaucoma develops when high pressure in your eye (ocular hypertension2) damages the optic nerve. Peripheral vision is impacted first, followed by central vision.

Ocular hypertension occurs when the front of your eye fails to drain fluid properly, thereby causing pressure to build and put pressure on the optic nerve. Factors that raise your risk for ocular hypertension include:

Family history of ocular hypertension or glaucoma

Diabetics and those with high blood pressure

People over 40

Blacks and Hispanics

Myopia (nearsightedness)

Long-term steroid use

Previous eye injuries or eye surgeries

Those with pigment dispersion syndrome or pseudoexfoliation syndrome

The only known way to prevent and/or stop the progression of glaucoma is to lower the pressure in the eye. Treatment options include drugs, lasers, laceration surgery, oral medications, nutritional supplements, herbs and other plant remedies, several of which Ill review below.

Keep in mind that loss of vision is usually the first and only symptom of glaucoma, so its important to get a thorough eye exam by an ophthalmologist to determine if your ocular pressure is elevated, which could make you a candidate for glaucoma. Once vision loss occurs, the damage to your optic nerve is irreversible.

The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)

Being diagnosed with ocular hypertension does not mean youre destined to develop glaucoma, but it does significantly raise your risk, as its the primary underlying cause. The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS), which began in 1994, has also identified other risk factors that can help determine your risk for glaucoma. As reported by Harvard Health:3

The researchers enrolled a diverse group of 1,636 participants with ocular hypertension from 22 sites across the US. To study glaucoma prevention, participants were randomly assigned to start either early eye pressure-lowering eye drops (medication group) or close observation (control group).

At five years the data showed that 4.4% of participants developed glaucoma in the medication group, compared to 9.5% in the control group. This t...

08:00

Limited Time Member Content Happy Hour with LA Marzulli & Mondo Gonzales Dr. Tenpenny

05-02-2023 https://drtenpenny.b-cdn.net/2023/05-02-23-HHr-MondoGonzales-RP.mp3     For a LIMITED TIME we are publicly streaming some of our membership content to give you a window into what you would enjoy as a member.    We hope you []

07:54

Johns Hopkins Study: 7 Herbs Can Kill Lyme Bacteria Outperforming Conventional Treatment Healthy Holistic Living

Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi, transmitted to humans through the bite of infected black-legged ticks. It is a prevalent disease in the United States, with tens of thousands of reported cases each year.

Treating Lyme disease can be challenging, as the bacteria can hide in different forms and evade the immune system. Common treatments include antibiotics, but their success rate varies, and some patients continue to experience symptoms even after treatment, known as Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome (PTLDS) or chronic Lyme disease.

Signs and symptoms of Lyme disease include:

• Bulls-eye rash (erythema migrans)
  • Fatigue
  • Fever
  • Chills
  • Headache
  • Muscle and joint aches
  • Swollen lymph nodes

A recent study from Johns Hopkins University evaluated the effectiveness of certain herbs in treating Borrelia burgdorferi, the bacteria associated with Lyme disease. The study compared the herbs to common antibiotics, doxycycline and cefuroxime and discovered that some herbs outperformed antibiotics in treating different forms of the bacteria.

Top 7 Herbs for Lyme Disease Treatment:

1. Cryptolepis
  2. Japanese knotweed
  3. Cats claw
  4. Chinese skullcap
  5. Artemisia (wormwood)
  6. Black walnut
  7. Cistus incanus (essential oil)

The study found that Cryptolepis was the most effective in treating both motile and persister forms of Borrelia, even outperforming common antibiotics like doxycycline and cefoperazone. Other highly effective herbs include Japanese knotweed, cats claw, and Chinese skullcap. While artemisia and black walnut also showed promising results, their potential toxicities make them suitable only for short-term use.

Some commonly used herbs, such as Andrographis, stevia, grapefruit seed extract, and monolaurin, did not show significant activity against Borrelia in this study. However, Andrographis is still considered valuable due to its immune-boosting properties and ability to target other microbes that may be involved in chronic Lyme disease.

Advantages of using herbs for Lyme disease treatment:

• Effective against both motile and cyst forms of Borrelia
  • Broad-spectrum coverage against various types of bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and fungi
  • Modulation or enhancement of immune system functions
  • Preservation of normal gut flora and balance of the bodys microbiome
  • Low potential for toxicity, allowing for long-term use

Worth noting another study in 2018, an in vitro (in culture cells) suggested that 10 plant-derived essential oils could help fight off B. burgdorferi.

The study from Joh...

07:51

How AI Will Replace Humans Like The Wizard of Oz and Save the Economy Medical Kidnap

Comments by Brian Shilhavy
Editor, Health Impact News

Whenever I read about how AI is going to replace humans someday, I am frequently reminded about this scene from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.

Crystal Balls, Soothsayers and AI, Oh My!

by Charles Hugh Smith
Of Two Minds

As long as we mint millions from a Never-Ending Bull Market, well always stay one step ahead of the Debt Monster. AI! .

Of the many astounding developments of the current era (AI!), none is more remarkable than the proliferation of soothsayers peering into crystal balls to predict The Most Important Trend In The Universea Bull or Bear stock market. The computing power and wealth thrown at conjuring up charts, statistics and forecasts is astounding in and of itself, but the proliferation of crystal balls and soothsayers is even more astounding.

After reviewing hundreds of charts, statistics and forecasts on the most arcane correlations and the deepest data-dives (AI!), Ive reached soothsayer satori: the secret to insuring a Never-Ending Bull Market in which monumental wealth will be piled up by all those entities (software and wetware alikeAI!) who buy every tiny dip and continuously roll over their zero-expiration-day-call-options is this:

Say AI 300 times with fervent enthusiasm and then click your heels three times. You will then be transported to a magical paradise where stocks only go down for a few moments to enable dip-buyers the immense satisfaction of buying more stocks at a discount.

Did I forget to say AI? Im on number 199, and Im trying not to lose count. AI!

Setting aside the thousands, or perhaps millions, of charts, statistics and forecasts, lets just ponder one: TCMDO, Debt Securities and Loans, courtesy of the Federal Reserve System.

AI, 200, AI, 201AI! Th...

07:50

How AI Will Replace Humans Like The Wizard of Oz and Save the Economy Vaccine Impact

Whenever I read about how AI is going to replace humans someday, I am frequently reminded about this scene from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.

by Charles Hugh Smith
Of Two Minds

As long as we mint millions from a Never-Ending Bull Market, well always stay one step ahead of the Debt Monster. AI! .

Of the many astounding developments of the current era (AI!), none is more remarkable than the proliferation of soothsayers peering into crystal balls to predict The Most Important Trend In The Universea Bull or Bear stock market. The computing power and wealth thrown at conjuring up charts, statistics and forecasts is astounding in and of itself, but the proliferation of crystal balls and soothsayers is even more astounding.

After reviewing hundreds of charts, statistics and forecasts on the most arcane correlations and the deepest data-dives (AI!), Ive reached soothsayer satori: the secret to insuring a Never-Ending Bull Market in which monumental wealth will be piled up by all those entities (software and wetware alikeAI!) who buy every tiny dip and continuously roll over their zero-expiration-day-call-options is this:

Say AI 300 times with fervent enthusiasm and then click your heels three times. You will then be transported to a magical paradise where stocks only go down for a few moments to enable dip-buyers the immense satisfaction of buying more stocks at a discount.

Did I forget to say AI? Im on number 199, and Im trying not to lose count. AI!

Setting aside the thousands, or perhaps millions, of charts, statistics and forecasts, lets just ponder one: TCMDO, Debt Securities and Loans, courtesy of the Federal Reserve System.

AI, 200, AI, 201AI! Th...

07:31

How AI Will Replace Humans Like The Wizard of Oz and Save the Economy Health Impact News

by Charles Hugh Smith
Of Two Minds

Did I forget to sa...

07:27

More U.S. Banks Collapsing as JPMorgan Chase CEO Consolidates his Power Is this the Next Phase of the Great Reset? Medical Kidnap

Bill Gates with JPMorgan Chase Bank CEO Jamie Dimon. Image source.

by Brian Shilhavy

Another blood bath in American banks was seen today in stock market trading, with a total collapse of regional banks.

a total collapse in regional banks

And despite the Biden admin claiming that FRC was just another outlier business model, PacWest, Western Alliance, and Zions (among others) are in a freefall

This follows the collapse of the second largest bank in U.S. history that occurred over this past weekend with First Republic Bank.

On Monday morning, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, who stepped in to purchase the remaining assets of First Republic Bank at bargain rates, announced that the U.S. Banking system is very, very sound.

After another massive bank failure and taxpayer-funded bailout JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told listeners on an investor call this morning that The system is very, v...

07:27

More U.S. Banks Collapsing as JPMorgan Chase CEO Consolidates his Power Is this the Next Phase of the Great Reset? Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

Another blood bath in American banks was seen today in stock market trading, with a total collapse of regional banks.

And despite the Biden admin claiming that FRC was just another outlier business model, PacWest, Western Alliance, and Zions (among others) are in a freefall

This follows the collapse of the second largest bank in U.S. history that occurred over this past weekend with First Republic Bank.

On Monday morning, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, who stepped in to purchase the remaining assets of First Republic Bank at bargain rates, announced that the U.S. Banking system is very, very sound.

After another massive bank failure and taxpayer-funded bailout JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told listeners on an investor call this morning that The system is very, v...

07:26

Does black tea increase lifespan? I hope so, but time for science Skeptical Raptor

The Skeptical Raptor, stalking pseudoscience in the internet jungle.

New research seems to indicate that consuming black tea regularly might increase lifespan. Time to analyze the science.

Skeptical Raptor

07:22

Reading Books Is Not Just a Pleasure: It Helps Our Minds to Heal Mad In America

From Psyche: A few years ago, I had a breakdown from what would now be termed burnout. It was probably related to the early death of my father after a long-term illness when I was 12, and from which I had escaped into stories and poetry. As I lay in bed convalescing, I turned to books again, reading through the whole of the Raj Quartet (1966-75) by Paul Scott. His richly layered plot and superbly drawn characters in an Indian setting undoubtedly helped me to recover.

There have been other occasions in my life when reading has been more than simple escapism. A partial loss of hearing in my 30s when I was teaching in schools caused me to resort to hearing aids, which I found extremely difficult. However, I found salvation in Benjamin Zephaniahs memorable poetry reading at the Hay Festival in Wales at a time when I was testing out modern hearing aids. Zephaniah invited his audience on to the stage to dance to the music of his poetry collection The Dread Affair (1985) and we did.

When I could no longer hear the children clearly, I left the school classroom and became a teacher of adults. After delivering a number of successful courses on poetry and novels, which I had devised myself for diverse adult groups, I decided to research bibliotherapy. The theory of bibliotherapy is that people engage with literature, not just to escape the familiar world and travel somewhere else, nor only for academic purposes, but to ease the pain of existence, of being human. I discovered researchers investigating the concept, such as Kelda Green, author of the thesis When Literature Comes to Our Aid (2018), and practising bibliotherapists, such as Ella Berthoud and Susan Elderkin who wrote The Novel Cure (2013). I also came across an online book-therapy course, run by the author and journalist Bijal Shah. But I wanted to find out for myself whether there was any truth in the theory of bibliotherapy.

Article

07:05

Artificial Intelligence wrote a poem about the Skeptical Raptor Skeptical Raptor

I asked Chat GPT, the artificial intelligence bot, to write a poem about the Skeptical Raptor. And this is what we got.

Skeptical Raptor

06:53

More U.S. Banks Collapsing as JPMorgan Chase CEO Consolidates his Power Is this the Next Phase of the Great Reset? Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

This follows the collapse of the second largest bank in U.S. history that occurred over this past weekend with First Republi...

06:00

Ep 482 Melatonin and eye health with audio Dr Ron Unfiltered Uncensored

Melatonin is known to play a role in the health of our eyes and vision. Studies have shown that melatonin may help protect against age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, and other eye diseases.
Mitochondria are essential for life. Mitochondria are integral for the proper functioning of the body, and without them, life would not be possible.

05:46

Hindawi shuttering four journals overrun by paper mills Retraction Watch

Hindawi will cease publishing four journals that it identified as heavily compromised by paper mills. 

The open access publisher announced today in a blog post that it will continue to retract articles from the closed titles, which are Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, the Journal of Healthcare Engineering, and the Journal of Environmental and Public Health

The closures follow reporting by Retraction Watch in February that a professor used the identity and email account of a former student to edit special issues of two of the journals, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience and the Journal of Environmental and Public Health.

The four closed journals were also among ten Hindawi titles that sleuth Dorothy Bishop found had signs of paper mill activity in their special issues. In March, the four titles were among 19 Hindawi journals that Clarivate removed from its Web of Science index for failing to meet its quality criteria.

Wiley, Hindawis parent company, announced that month that it had paused publication of special issues in Hindawi journals for three months, and subsequently had lost $9 million in revenue. 

Last month, Wiley and Hindawi said they planned to retract 1,200 articles with compromised peer review, on top of 500 they said they...

04:09

Best of: Vaccine Trafficking Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Stop1Laura Hayes wrote this article in February of 2015. Not sure we could have imagined the draconian vaccine policies of Covid a mere 8 years ago. Nor what horrors might happen in the (near) future.

By Laura Hayes

URGENT WARNING FOR ALL U.S. CITIZENS:  Beware of "The United States of Tyrannica" where "Vaccine Trafficking" is proliferating.  Protect your children, and yourselves.

Most of you have heard of "Human Trafficking*".  Today, I want to warn you about "Vaccine Trafficking", which is equally hellacious, and which needs to be dealt with just as swiftly as is happening with Human Trafficking.  Immediate help and compassion for the victims of Vaccine Trafficking, and for their families, are also needed.  Here is a comparison of the two.  Please note their frightening similarities.

Human trafficking is a form of modern slavery where people profit from the control and exploitation of others.

Although slavery is commonly thought to be a thing of the past, human trafficking still exists today throughout the United States and globally when traffickers use force, fraud, or coercion to control other people for the purpose of engaging in commercial sex or forcing them to provide labor services against their will. Traffickers use violence, threats, deception, debt bondage, and other manipulative tactics to trap victims in horrific situations every day in America. All trafficking victims share one essential experience the loss of freedom.

In the United States, sex trafficking commonly occurs in online escort services, residential brothels, brothels disguised as massage businesses or spas, and in street prostitution. Labor trafficking has been found in domestic servitude situations, as well as sales crews, large farms, restaurants, carnivals, and more.

There are two primary factors driving the spread of human trafficking: high profits and low risk. Like drug and arms trafficking, human trafficking is a market-driven criminal industry that is based on the principles of supply and demand. Every year, traffickers generate billions of dollars in profits by victimizing millions of people around the world, including here in the United States.

Vaccine trafficking is a form of modern forced medical experimentation where people profit from the control and exploitation of others.

03:00

Psychiatrogenesis (Whither Psychiatry or Reform) Mad In America

It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society
attributed to Jiddu Krishnamurti 

The behaviour of any bureaucratic organisation can best be understood by assuming that it is controlled by a secret cabal of its enemies.
attributed to Robert Conquest

Having worked in multiple public services in the UK and Australia over the last 27 years, the constant personal struggle has been, Am I doing more harm than good?

Sadly, the conclusion of this reflection is that iatrogenesis is the norm from diagnosis to treatment, and doing good is the exception. Diagnoses, especially borderline personality disorder and schizophrenia, lead to a pathological, limiting view of oneself and enshrine a nocebo effect that is difficult to shrug off. Medication treatment may provide some symptom improvement, but also comes with a panoply of side effects and withdrawal symptoms.

lonely man on the bench autumn, winterThe reason I went into psychiatry was that, unlike other medical disciplines with clear pathogenesis, clinical markers, and effective interventions, psychiatry was a much more ethereal specialty. Here, there was a balance to be made between the is-ness of the clinical encounter and the socio-politico-psychological cultural context in which the meeting was taking place.

There was no room for hubris or certainty; medication sometimes worked, hospitalisation may help in a crisis, self-harm may be a vitally important survival mechanism for someone. You could never get comfortable in the job; every day was challenging, and being an expert in psychiatry seemed oxymoronic.

But, as the years wore on, I saw a precipitous decline in deep listening, a drift to seeing people as diagnoses rathe...

01:43

The Black Dog | Part 2 Chipur

Lets play Jeopardy. World History for $600, Ken. THIS HEAD OF STATE WOULD WEAR CUSTOM-TAILORED SILK UNDERWEAR IN STAFF MEETINGS Who is Winston Churchill? Yesss.

The post The Black Dog | Part 2 first appeared on Chipur.

00:42

Herbal Cream Clears 87.7% of HPV Cases Naturally GreenMedInfo

Natural Herbal HPV

Despite the widespread belief that HPV infection is a singularly lethal force against which we only have vaccination to defend ourselves, both ancient herbal medicine and your body's inherent immune defenses have newly been confirmed to have significant power against it.

read more

Tuesday, 02 May

20:00

Chemist in India loses seven papers, blames outsourcing of images Retraction Watch

Dhanaraj Gopi

A chemistry researcher in India has had seven of his papers retracted after the publisher concluded that some images in the papers showed unexpected similarities or had been duplicated.

The retraction notices, issued in late March by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) in the U.K., all state that: 

The authors informed the Editor that the characterization of the original samples was outsourced, and they do not have the original raw data for the published results.

Given the significance of the concerns about the validity of the data, and the lack of raw data, the findings presented in this paper are not reliable.

The corresponding author, Dhanaraj Gopi of Periyar University in Tamil Nadu, had several papers flagged on PubPeer starting in 2019, including some that have not been retracted. 

On a PubPeer thread about image problems in a 2016 paper in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, scientific sleuth Elisabeth Bik noted that one figure strongly resembles an apple crumble pie with a cloned crust.

Gopi replied, admitting that there had been inadvertent misrepresentation of images in our paper due to errors in the assembly of figure panels, which were reshuffled during revision or resubmission. 

He added: 

Since We have no expertise in biology, We got in touch with [the] biological institution. So, we are strongly apologizing for this unintentional error. Mostly, these type[s] of errors happen due to the outsourcing [of] images. In this regard, we assure you that this mistake will not happen anymore. Also, we are in the process of correcting this in the journal. And we hope that this error does not change...

10:00

US and UK Made Hidden Pacts to Hide Vaccine Reactions Articles

In the days leading up to the U.S. Food and Drug Administrations approval of Pfizer-BioNTechs COVID-19 shot, an agreement was made to keep serious adverse reactions under wraps. U.S. and U.K. health officials discussed anaphylactoid reactions due to COVID shots and emphasized their mutual confidentiality agreement regarding the topic.1

The news was revealed by Judicial Watch, which obtained 57 pages of heavily redacted U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) records2 via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit. Initially, Judicial Watch submitted a FOIA request in August 2021 that specifically asked for:3

All emails sent to and from members of the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee regarding adverse events, deaths and/or injuries caused by investigatory vaccines for the prevention or treatment of SARS-CoV-2 and/or COVID-19 currently produced by Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and/or Johnson & Johnson.

The request was ignored, prompting the lawsuit that ultimately revealed the confidentiality agreement between U.S. and U.K. regulators. "Why are we engaged in a secret deal to keep secret information about adverse events related to the vaccines?" Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton asked. "I just think it's troubling. The documents speak for themselves."4

US and UK Officials Make Pact to Keep Safety Issues Quiet

The pact was revealed in a series of email exchanges from December 2020. Initiated by Jonathan Mogford, policy director of the U.K.s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, and sent to FDA commissioner Janet Woodcock and Peter Marks, director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER). Judicial Watch reported:5

As background, Mogford includes information on two cases of anaphylactoid reactions in individuals with a strong past history of allergic reactions. Marks replies to Mogford: It would be very helpful if our Office of Vaccines could receive additional details [redacted] from MHRA [UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency] under the terms of our mutual confidentiality agreement.

Mogford later replies, attached are [redacted] hope thats helpful in the meantime. If I can just remind information shared under our confidentiality agreement.

An email exchange from May 14, 2021, also discusses concerns about administering COVID-19 shots along with other vaccines dur...

Mobile Phone Industry Fights to Keep You Ignorant Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published July 31, 2018.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified cellphones as a Group 2B "possible carcinogen"1 based on the evidence available in 2011. Since then, the evidence of harm has grown significantly. Science delivered a scathing blow to the cellphone industry this year, with three major studies supporting suspicions that cellphone radiation increases your risk of cancer2,3 and other health problems.

Still, public doubt seems to linger. Two articles written by Mark Hertsgaard and Mark Dowie one in The Nation,4 the other in The Guardian5 highlight how such doubts are manufactured by the telecommunications industry which, barring public outcry, does not appear to have any interest in making their products safer.

Clear Evidence Cellphone Radiation Promotes Cancer

In February 2018, the findings of two government-funded lifetime exposure studies6 (one on mice, the other on rats) were published. The animals in these studies were exposed to cellphone radiation for nine hours a day for two years, which is the normal, full life span of both mice and rats.

This $25 million research conducted by the National Toxicology Program (NTP), an interagency research program currently under the auspices of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences reveals a number of health concerns, including the following:

• Exposed male rats were more likely to develop heart tumors (malignant schwannomas) than unexposed ones. These heart tumors are very similar to acoustic neuromas found in humans, a benign type of tumor that previous studies have linked to cellphone use
  • Female rats and newborns exposed to high levels of radiation during pregnancy and lactation were more likely to have low body weight
  • DNA damage and damage to heart tissue were observed in exposed male and female rats, but not mice
  • Brain, prostate, liver and pancreatic tumors were found in both rats and mice exposed to cellphone radiation over a lifetime

Remarkably, the NTP chose to downplay the results, saying there's no real cause for concern. Not only does this nonchalant dismissal contradict the urgent warnings issued by NTP researchers just two years ago, when preliminary re...

How Pfizer Bribes Led to Vaccine Mandates Articles

Thanks to its experimental gene therapy injection for COVID-19, in 2022, Pfizer became the first drug company in history to break $100 billion in annual sales.1 But its mere existence didnt ensure Pfizers success.

No, massive media promotion and government-backed coercion did that. Not only did the U.S. government pay news media a staggering $1 billion to promote and build public confidence in the experimental jab, but as reported by Russell Brand in the video above, Pfizer also poured billions of dollars into advertising.

In 2022, Pfizer spent $2.8 billion on ads, an increase of $800 million from 2021. On top of that, Pfizer also paid big bucks to consumer, medical and civil rights groups to lobby for COVID jab mandates. Journalist Lee Fang reviewed this in his interview with Brand (video above) and in an April 24, 2023, Substack article.2 As Fang told Brand:

San Francisco ... in September of 2021, enacted a very kind of strong mandate with no exemption for prior immunity ... or ... natural immunity. Pfizer was not playing a visible role here. They didn't comment on any of the articles. They weren't really talking to the press.

You saw consumer groups, civil rights groups, patient groups, doctors groups, public health organizations, all saying these mandates are necessary, even though there wasn't a lot of scientific evidence to support the basis that we needed these mandates. [The shots] were sold to us with the claim that they would stop transmission of the virus.

You had this coalition of community groups saying we need the mandate. Well, I'm taking a look at new disclosures that show that many of those organizations, these third party organizations ... were taking funds from Pfizer while lobbying for these controversial policies ...

[The drug industry doesnt] have to disclose how much they're spending on television, how much they're spending on TikTok ads, how much they're giving to these front groups, or these doctors groups, or these public health groups that set the nature of the debate.

They appear in the news media, they create events, and they create a discourse that looks authentic, that looks organic, but it benefits the bottom line of their benefactors companies like Pfizer.

And the vaccine debate ... has shaped our lives in the last three years of the pandemic. But...

08:32

Is Congress Really More Concerned About AI Launching a Nuclear Attack than an 80-Year-Old Demented President? Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy

A bipartisan group of U.S. Senators have introduced the Block Nuclear Launch by Autonomous AI Act, which would prohibit the use of Federal funds to launch a nuclear weapon using an autonomous weapons system that is not subject to meaningful human control.

This is so absurd, that I dont know if members of Congress are actually this stupid, or if this is a psyop to instill fear into the public over AI, similar to how fear was used to convince most of the public that there was a deadly coronavirus that threatened humanity back in 2020.

Lets start with the fact that there is no such thing as autonomous AI. It is fake, it does not exist. Some believe it could happen in the future, but even that is based on either ignorance or intentional fear mongering to get people to fear AI.

But no matter what your beliefs are about AIs capability in the future, nobody in the Tech industry today working with AI would say that AI is now fully autonomous.

We havent even been able to develop a fully autonomous car yet after almost 20 years, let alone something that could launch a nuclear attack.

So this is a meaningless bill. It would be the same thing as filing a bill to Block Autonomous Handguns from Killing People.

But guns are not autonomous. They need people to wield them, and the same is true of AI or any computer code for that matter.

The real threat today to launch a nuclear attack, lies with the President of the United States, who has the unilateral authority to choose to use nuclear weapons.

However, there are ways that Congress can limit when and how the president uses nuclear weapons. (...

08:32

Is Congress Really More Concerned About AI Launching a Nuclear Attack than an 80-Year-Old Demented President? Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

A bipartisan group of U.S. Senators have introduced the Block Nuclear Launch by Autonomous AI Act, which would prohibit the use of Federal funds to launch a nuclear weapon using an autonomous weapons system that is not subject to meaningful human control.

This is so absurd, that I dont know if members of Congress are actually this stupid, or if this is a psyop to instill fear into the public over AI, similar to how fear was used to convince most of the public that there was a deadly coronavirus that threatened humanity back in 2020.

Lets start with the fact that there is no such thing as autonomous AI. It is fake, it does not exist. Some believe it could happen in the future, but even that is based on either ignorance or intentional fear mongering to get people to fear AI.

But no matter what your beliefs are about AIs capability in the future, nobody in the Tech industry today working with AI would say that AI is now fully autonomous.

We havent even been able to develop a fully autonomous car yet after almost 20 years, let alone something that could launch a nuclear attack.

So this is a meaningless bill. It would be the same thing as filing a bill to Block Autonomous Handguns from Killing People.

But guns are not autonomous. They need people to wield them, and the same is true of AI or any computer code for that matter.

The real threat today to launch a nuclear attack, lies with the President of the United States, who has the unilateral authority to choose to use nuclear weapons.

However, there are ways that Congress can limit when and how the president uses nuclear weapons. (...

07:55

Is Congress Really More Concerned About AI Launching a Nuclear Attack than an 80-Year-Old Demented President? Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

The real threat today to launch a nu...

07:39

American Heart Association ranks popular diets for heart health Skeptical Raptor

The American Heart Association ranked diets from best to worst for heart health. Diets high in plants were the best.

Skeptical Raptor

06:25

Federal Judge Finds Texas Use of Psychotropic Drugs on Foster Children Appalling Mad In America

From KERA News: A federal judge called Texas use of psychotropic drugs on foster children appalling and in violation of the states own standards.

Speaking at a Wednesday hearing in the 12-year old federal foster care litigation, Judge Janis Jack said she was saddened by a report filed last month by court monitors on the use of psychotropic drugs in the Texas foster care system.

The report was based on multi-day visits to 14 group homes, or residential treatment facilities.

Were you not shocked with this Ms. Muth? Jack inquired of new department of Family and Protective Services Commissioner Stephanie Muth. The massive amount of drugs that are given to these children just because these group homes really cant handle the children?

. . . Karl Neudorfer, an assistant attorney general representing DFPS, said he disagreed with the characterization that the state doesnt care about the misuse of psychotropic drugs.

Jack fired back: Yes or no, does the state believe it is bound by the injunction to monitor and keep kids safe from drug misuse?

He demurred.

These children are being repeatedly raped in your care. Theyre being drugged in your care if they complain. If their behavior is not up to snuff, theyre getting psychotropic drugs. And that is not safe, she said.

Article

Back to Around the Web

The post Federal Judge Finds Texas Use of Psychotropic Drugs on Foster Children Appalling appeared first on Mad In America.

05:12

Natural Solutions for Insect Control: The Power of Peppermint Healthy Holistic Living

Are you tired of dealing with pesky insects in and around your home? Instead of resorting to chemical-laden bug sprays and store-bought insect repellents, consider using peppermint as a natural alternative. Not only do insects despise the scent of peppermint, but it has also been proven effective in repelling a wide variety of pests. With a few simple steps, you can create your own peppermint-based solutions to keep your home bug-free.

Why Peppermint?

Peppermint is an unbearable irritant to most insects. In fact, the stick bug emits a milky substance with a peppermint scent to ward off predators. Peppermint is an effective natural repellent against beetles, caterpillars, fleas, flies, lice, mice, moths, roaches and more.

The Scientific Evidence

A 2001 study by researchers at Auburn University tested the effects of mint oil on two of the most common species of cockroaches: American roaches and German roaches.

What they found is surprisingand great news for the millions of homeowners across the U.S. looking for an easy, safe, natural way to repel cockroaches.

During each day of their 14-day experiment, the mint oil repelled 100% of the roaches100%! Thats a significant result.

Studies have also shown that peppermint oil can protect against mosquito bites for up to 150 minutes when applied to the skin!

Using Peppermint Around the Home

If youre dealing with spiders, ants, mosquitoes, and other insects, try using 100-percent pure peppermint oil. You can find it at your local health or grocery store. Follow these simple steps to make the most of peppermints bug-repelling properties:

1. Apply peppermint oil to a cotton ball and place it in areas where insects are frequently seen, such as window sills or near doors.
  2. Create a peppermint spray by mixing 5 to 10 drops of essential oil per ounce of hot water in a spray bottle. Use this mixture to spray down countertops, furniture, curtains, blinds, and hard-to-reach areas. Be sure to test in a small area first to ensure the oil doesnt damage the items you want to spray.
  3. For outdoor use, apply the mixture to your skin, but be sure to test on a small patch of skin first, as some people with sensitive skin may find the oil irritating.

DIY Peppermint Insect Repellent (Option 2)

If you want to try another homemade peppermint solution, consider this simple recipe:

Ingredients:

• 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
  • 16 oz. of water

Instructions:

1. Mix 10 drops of peppermint essential oil with 16 oz. of water.
  2. Transfer the mixture to...

04:12

Dr. Allen Frances is Sorry, Sorry, Sorry Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

My badBy Anne Dachel

Thirteen years ago, Aug 9, 2011, I wrote the piece, Allen Frances, Thomas Insel and the Black & White Rise of Autism (It's Fashionable?) for Age of Autism. It was all about how Dr. Allen Frances regretted being the chairman of the committee that added Asperger's to the DSM IV in 1994. He claimed that broadening the definition for autism is whats behind the epidemic increase in Autism. In his exact words, There is no epidemic.

Heres what I wrote in 2011:

Recently a story also appeared in the Gulf Times, Qatars only English language newspaper, titled, The real reasons for the autism 'epidemic. 

It was written by Allen Frances, MD.  Frances was chair of the DSM-IV Task Force and hes with the department of psychiatry at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, NC.

DSM stands for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and while many of us wonder why our childrens neurological problem, namely autism, is in a manual about mental illness, thats where the criteria for diagnosing autism is found.

Frances was in charge of the DSM 4 that came out in 1994.  This is important because thats when the diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome was officially added as a form of autism.  In his Qatar piece, Frances went into great detail about why hes not worried about all the children everywhere with autism.  There is no epidemic.  Weve just expanded the definition of autism so much that many more people now qualify.  Hes convinced that adding Aspergers in 1994 is the reason the current autism rate is one in 110 and hes sure that when the DSM 5 comes out in May 2013, the autism rate will soar even higherbecause theyre going to drop Aspergers as a separate category.  If that really doesnt make sense to you, Im sure youre not alone.  All thats clear to me is that if they keep playing with the definition of autism, the term itself will lose all meaning.  The spe...

03:00

Critical Psychiatry Textbook, Chapter 8: Depression and Mania (Affective Disorders) (Part One) Mad In America

Editors Note: Over the next several months, Mad in Gtzsches book, Critical Psychiatry Textbook. In this blog, he discusses the drug industrys influence in defining disorders and the lack of efficacy for depression pills. Each Monday, a new section of the book is published, and all chapters are archived here.

Depression pills are the most widely used psychiatric drugs, and brain scan studies play a major role when psychiatrists try to convince the world that these drugs are very useful and necessary.

In Chapter 3, I rejected the textbook claims that affective disorders may cause brain atrophy and other neurobiological changes. Only very rarely was there any admission or consideration that these changes might be caused by the pills rather than by the disease.

The textbooks had an array of extraordinary claims about what depression pills can accomplish in the brain. But there were no references, and what was claimed is highly unlikely to be true.

Close up photo depicting a man in a suit pouring two pills into his open palmWe are told that depression pills have an effect on neuroplasticity; that the pills stimulate the formation of new neurons and dendrites in the hippocampus;16:558 that brain scans have shown a decrease in atrophic changes with treatment; that animal studies have shown a very clear neuro-protective effect of the pills; that the pills can prevent nerve cell death, atrophy of nerve cells, and decreased neurogenesis, glial cell genesis, and angiogenesis; that there is much to suggest that treatment can lessen the structural pathological changes;16:267 that treatment can prevent deterioration if there a...

02:41

Republicans Subpoena Head of CDC Over Big Tech Censorship Coordination GreenMedInfo

Originally published on www.theepochtimes.com Zachary Stieber

The U.S. House of Representatives has subpoenaed several top Biden administration officials, including the director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over the administration's coordination with Big Tech to censor users.

read more

02:35

Maryland non-profit, Hawaii, Pennsylvania residents file water contamination lawsuits Fluoride Action Network

Top Class Actionss website and social media posts use affiliate links. If you make a purchase using such links, we may receive a commission, but it will not result in any additional charges to you. Please review our Affiliate Link Disclosure for more information.

Water contamination lawsuits overview:

• Who: A Maryland non-profit and residents in Hawaii and Pennsylvania filed lawsuits this month against Trinseo, Altuglas, the United States of America and Fleischmanns Vinegar Co.
  • Why: The lawsuits revolve around contaminated drinking water.
  • Where: The complaints were filed in Pennsylvania, Hawaii and Maryland federal courts, respectively.

A Maryland non-profit and residents in Hawaii and Pennsylvania filed a trio of complaints this month over claims concerning polluted drinking water sources.

The lawsuits come amidst a class action lawsuit investigation of contaminated drinking water at the North Carolina Marine Corps training facility Camp Lejeune.

The Camp Lejeune investigation involves military veterans and their families who stayed at the training facility between the 1950s and 1980s and may have been exposed to dangerous carcinogens in the water supply.

Last year, the Biden administration passed the Camp Lejeune Justice Act, enabling veterans to take legal action against the federal government for any illnesses or injuries they suffered as a result of being exposed to tainted water at the training facility.

Trinseo, Altuglas contaminated Delaware River with chemical spill, class action says

A group of Philadelphia residents filed a class action lawsuit against Trinseo and its subsidiary Altuglas earlier this month over claims a chemical spill originating from a plant in Pennsylvania led to dangerous chemicals contaminating the Delaware River.

The Delaware River is the primary drinking water source for 914,000 Philadelphia residents, according to the class action lawsuit, which argues the companies were negligent by allegedly...

02:32

You Ask, We Answer: How much does it cost Eau Claire to add fluoride to its water? Fluoride Action Network

EAU CLAIRE (WQOW)  For this edition of You Ask, We Answer, one viewer is wondering how much it costs the city of Eau Claire to add fluoride to its drinking water?

City officials say the 2023 fluoride budget is $48,800. They say thats pretty typical, though the cost of the mineral has increased with Covid and inflation.

The city has been adding fluoride to its water since the 1950s. Fluoride is recommended by the Department of Health and the Department of Natural Resources for its benefits to dental hygiene. Officials say it lowers the risk of cavities, especially in kids.

Trace amounts of fluoride are injected as water leaves the treatment plant. Then, its a lot of lab work.

Every four hours an operator at the plant is checking the fluoride content in the water thats leaving and verifying that its at the optimal level. And then we also go out daily and grab samples from our distribution center, bring them back and analyze them for fluoride content, said water plant supervisor Mark Nelson.

Eau Claire has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Health for its optimal fluoride levels.

According to the DNR, Menomonie also adds fluoride to its drinking water but Chippewa Falls, Lake Hallie and Altoona do not.

*Original full-text article online at: https://www.wqow.com/news/you-ask-we-answer/you-ask-we-answer-how-much-does-it-cost-eau-claire-to-add-fluoride-to/article_72d3da8a-e86d-11ed-86d4-23f87e72a309.html

00:28

Medical Preparedness For Nuclear War

(This article was originally published in Backwoods Home Magazine) Given the actions of certain authoritarian regimes in recent times, it stands to reason that the risk of an attack by a nuclear-capable nation may include the detonation of a thermonuclear bomb. Weapons of mass destruction abound in the arsenals of the worlds bad actors. More[Read More]

The post Medical Preparedness For Nuclear War first appeared on .

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog