IndyWatch Food and Garden Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Food and Garden Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Food and Garden Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Monday, 24 July

20:00

Smash Burger Tacos Closet Cooking

Smashed burgers served taco style with the beef smashed onto the tortillas, smashed into a pan and cooked until the beef and tortillas are golden brown, before topping with your favourite burger toppings! I have been seeing smash burger tacos all over the place and I just had to try them! The basic idea of...

Read On

The post Smash Burger Tacos appeared first on Closet Cooking.

Sunday, 23 July

20:00

Summer Appetizers Closet Cooking

The best recipes summer appetizer and snacks that are perfect for hot summer days, eating outdoors, picnics, etc. With the warmer days here its always nice to have a list of goto snack or appetizer recipes on hand so that you are ready for any out doors events like barbecues, picnics, trips to the park,...

Read On

The post Summer Appetizers appeared first on Closet Cooking.

08:48

Coconut Hibiscus Jello The Weston A. Price Foundation

It has been full on here in Tennessee. I am a finish carpenter and have been making hay while the sun is out so to speak.  But this jello has been a good one to have in the fridge. Especially in the southern heat.  I will bring some with me to work in my cooler and the tartness of the hibiscus is so bright and cool when the air is thick and the sun is hot. The fat of the coconut milk fills me up too.  It has become a really nice and refreshing snack for the work day. This recipe uses a hibiscus concentrate which is really easy to make. Youll have some left over if you follow my recipe, and that is a beautiful thing. You can add it to sparkling water, dilute it and drink it as is, cold or hot, or anything else you can dream up that needs that hibiscus magic. That dark rich color of this hibiscus is truly stunning.  

Recipe moderator note We recommend  Perfect Supplements gelatin. Enjoy 10% off your entire cart with the coupon code nourish. Other brands wed recommend include Bernard Jenson sold by Radiant Life and Vital Proteins sold by Radiant Life.

Ingredients

• 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
  • 1 cans worth hibiscus concentrate
  • cup honey
  • cup gelatin
  • 1 pinch of sea salt

Instructions Hibiscus Concentrate

1. To make the hibiscus concentrate, place 1 cup of hibiscus in 1 quart of water and simmer on low for 10 minutes. 
  2. Remove from heat.  Allow to steep and cool for at least 10 minutes. 
  3. Strain out hibiscus.  Your hibiscus concentrate is now ready to use. Store in a jar in the fridge.

Instructions Jello

1. In a mixing bowl add 1 can or organic full fat coconut milk. 
  2. Use coconut milk can to measure one cans worth of hibiscus concentrate and add to the mixing bowl. 
  3. Add a pinch of sea salt to the bowl. 
  4. Add cup of honey to the hibiscus coconut mixture. 
  5. I found that cup of honey gave it a pleasant sweetness without making it seem like a dessert, you might want to add more if you want a sweeter jello, I think children might appreciate a little more sweetness.  The mixture is now ready to set with gelatin.  
  6. Bloom cup of gelatin with abo...

IndyWatch Food and Garden Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Food and Garden Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Food and Garden Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog