IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Friday, 12 May

01:19

An Essay on Combustion, With a View to a New Art of Dying and Painting (Fulhame) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

An Essay on Combustion, With a View to a New Art of Dying and Painting: Wherein the Phlogistic and Antiphlogistic Hypotheses are Proven Erroneous (London: Printed for the author by J. Cooper, 1794), by Mrs. Fulhame (stable link)

The Bible and Science (Brunton) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Bible and Science (London: Macmillan, 1881), by T. Lauder Brunton (page images at HathiTrust)

Deltion ts Christianiks Archaiologiks Etaireias "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Deltion ts Christianiks Archaiologiks Etaireias (in Greek) (partial serial archives)

Deltion ts Historiks kai Ethnologiks Hetaireias ts Hellados "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Deltion ts Historiks kai Ethnologiks Hetaireias ts Hellados (in Greek) (partial serial archives)

Demography "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Demography (Australian statistical publication) (partial serial archives)

01:09

BTC price risks $27K loss as Bitcoin trend lines brew 'bullish cross' "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

BTC price action offers little relief to Bitcoin bulls despite U.S. macro data releases showing inflation subsiding.

01:00

Uniswap (UNI) Surges After A Bumpy Ride, Is Bearish Run Over? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Uniswap (UNI) has been experiencing downward movement due to general market sentiment. The downtrend started on April 19, dropping from $6 to $5. However, the price rises gradually, indicating that the bulls are building momentum.

This slight increase has left traders wondering if the bearish trend is over and whether things might start getting better for Uniswap (UNI).

Signs of Bullish Sentiment As UNI Surges

Notably, UNI is up today by 3.27% at a high of $5.12 within the last 24-hour trading session. The 24-hour trading volume is also up by over 97.72% at $68 million, signifying that the UNI market is experiencing high activity. This data shows that the bulls build strong momentum with positive market sentiment.

Related Reading: Bitcoin Price Blasts Above $28,000 Following 4.9% April CPI Report

Moreover, the token still holds the 22nd position on the CoinMarketCap ranking with a market cap of $2.9 billion. According to CFGI.io, the market sentiment towards Uniswap (UNI) is bullish. 

The indicator confirms the bullish sentiment with a 61 reading, meaning investors are greedy. This further shows that investors are optimistic about the future potential, and the recent increase in price may be sustainable.

UNI Technical Analysis

Even with the increasing price and trading volume, the technical indicators for UNI remained contradictory, with some pointing towards a potential bear market.

UNI is currently trading below its 50-day & 200-day Simple Moving Averages (SMAs) and has formed a Death Cross, a bearish sign. The Death Cross contributed to the price drop as it caused traders and investors to sell their holdings or take short positions. 

The SMA indicator suggests that both the long-term and short-term trend is bearish. But, the price might reverse if the bulls hold their long positions. The Relative Strength Index (RSI), with a reading of 40.20, suggests that the asset is not in the overbought or oversold regions but in a neutral range. 

This indicates that theres no significant buying or selling pressure and UNI might experience some level of consolidation or a positive price change.

The MACD indicator suggests a bearish trend, with the MACD currently below the signal line. The histogram also confirms the bearish momentum as it is trading below zero.

UNI is trading at $5.14 at the time of writing. The bears are trying to break through the first support level of $4.746, a level several times.

However, if the bulls build strong momentum and break above the significant resistance level of $5.731, it might trigger a bullish trend. The next support and resistance level will be $......

How the IRS seized $10B worth of crypto using blockchain analytics "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A public-private partnership with blockchain analytics firm Chainalysis has played a key role in helping the Internal Revenue Service solve cryptocurrency-related crimes.

8 smart strategies for effectively explaining a blockchain scaling solution "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Non-experts are much more likely to grasp the value of a scaling solution if its related to something they already understand.

Where Baby Dolls And Music Meet "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Where Baby Dolls And Music Meet

Im sorry. I dont have much to say about these, but I cant get them out of my mind. Now theyre in your mind too. This delightful musical device is made by Moon Armada. They make all kinds of musical devices, but the thing that stands out, and may maybe haunt your dreams, are these []

The post Where Baby Dolls And Music Meet appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

00:58

Do Kwon's lawyers propose $436K bail as authorities prepare for June trial "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Lawyers said Do Kwon and Han Chang-joon could be released on bail and largely confined to a Montenegro apartment with the obligation to periodically report to the state authority.

00:54

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - Efficient "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Click here to go see the bonus panel!

Hovertext:
If heroes would just check the betting markets before fighting they could make much better choices.

Today's News:

00:46

Milady memecoin surges 5,250% after Musk tweet, exchange listings "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The market capitalization of the LADYS token has surpassed $140 million after surging in popularity.

00:45

Struggling London Marathon Runner Gets Help From Fellow Athletes To Finish the Race "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Struggling London Marathon Runner Gets Help From Fellow Athletes To Finish the Race

London Marathon Runners

Photo: Screenshots from Reddit

Training for a marathon is one of the most physically demanding activities you can willingly put yourself through. And when race day finally comesafter months of training and hours spent pounding the pavementyou want to finish the race strong. But sometimes, that just doesnt happen.

A runner at the 2023 London Marathon experienced this as he worked his way towards the end of the race. In a short video shared on Reddit, the man in a black cap begins to double over and is on the verge of collapsing as other participants whizz by. But before he falls to the ground, another runner comes from behind him and grabs his arm. Hes able to hold the runner steady enough to keep going. Shortly after, another person appears on the mans other side. Together, the three runners make their way to the finish line.

Its unclear if the men knew each prior to the race. But when it comes to marathons, finishing with a fast time is only one component. The camaraderieknowing thousands of other people are doing the same thing as youis part of what makes the experience so special. And helping someone in need? Even better. Though the three guys didnt finish first, they won that day.

Watch two London Marathon runners help a fellow athlete who was struggling to finish the race.

Marathoners help a fellow runner to the finish line (London)
by u/westcoastcdn19 in HumansBeingBros

h/t: [Reddit]

Related Articles:

00:27

Making of a Poem: Michael Bazzett on Autobiography of a Poet "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

For our series Making of a Poem, were asking some poets to dissect the poems theyve published in our pages. Michael Bazzetts Autobiography of a Poet appears in our Spring issue, no. 243.

How did this poem start for you? Was it with an image, an idea, a phrase, or something else?

It was a phrase. I was sitting in my backyard, with a legal pad and a few books, including Fady Joudahs Footnotes in the Order of Disappearance and After Ikkyu by Jim Harrison, which contains the line  I was born a baby, / what are these hundred suits of clothes Im wearing? I was thinking about dislocation and baby-logic, and object permanence, and the idea of first encountering something through a sense other than sight. Hearing a bird before you see it, for instance. Or how a visual stimulus like a leaf-shadow fluttering in the wind moves on the wall above a crib. In my baby-mind, I imagine that light-flicker as something animate, moving of its own accord. When does a baby stop engaging with stimuli as pure image or pure sound and begin to imagine what caused it? Ive often wondered what it would be like to be able to reexperience the dreams we dream in utero, or in the first months of life before language, before we consciously encounter words and narrative structure. How would they be ordered? Where would the images come from? Do we bring anything with us from the other side? Are there things already written into us?

For some reason, Id written down some notes on language on my legal pad: Language as energy, as predating culture, as something to discover And Language as energy leaped out at me, and I wrote, I thought birds were pure sound / until I was 5 months old / and one fluttered to my sill / and into my sight.

I say I was thinking about the above things, but really they were thinking inside me. Or simmering. Or humming. I dont know what the verb is, but its not thinking.

00:12

Franklin Templeton to List Blockchain Fund Targeting Institutional Investors "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Jenny Johnson, president and CEO of Franklin Templeton (left) (Shutterstock/CoinDesk)

00:05

Decentralized Wallet Developer Odsy Network Raises $7.5M at $250M Valuation "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Odsy Foundation founders (l-r): Yehonatan Cohen Scaly, David Lachmish, Omer Sadika, Sean Lee. (Odsy Foundation)

00:00

Bitcoin Rebounds From $27,100 After Spike In Bearish Sentiment "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Data shows the Bitcoin sentiment had turned quite bearish just before the assets price had rebounded up from the $27,100 level.

Bitcoin Recovers Shortly After FUD Takes Over Market

According to data from the on-chain analytics firm Santiment, investors showed high levels of fear around the time of the local bottom during the past day. The relevant indicator here is the social volume, which measures the total number of social media text documents that mention a given topic like cryptocurrency or Bitcoin.

These social media text documents include a variety of sources, like Reddit, Twitter, Telegram, and other forums. The social volume only tracks how many such documents mention the term at least once. So this means that even if a post contains the keyword several times, its contribution to the social volume will still be only one unit.

The significance of the social volume is that it tells us about the amount of discussion that certain topics are getting from social media participants at the moment.

In the context of the current topic, social media is used to know the degree of the bearish and bullish sentiments in the market. Here is a chart that shows the trend in these social volumes for Bitcoin over the last week:

Bitcoin Social Volume

To separate the social volume for discussions that imply a bullish mentality, terms such as buy, bottom, bullish have been chosen, while keywords like sell, top, bearish are the ones selected for pinpointing a bearish sentiment.

As displayed in the above graph, the Bitcoin social volume for the bearish sentiment seems to have observed a large spike during the past day. This surge in the indicator had come after BTC had plunged from above $28,000 to around $27,100.

This suggests that the BTC investors had turned very fearful during this panic selloff. A similar level of bearish sentiment was also observed only a couple of days back, as the chart highlights.

The turn in market mentality back then had also come following a decline (this time from the $29,000 mark to the low $27,000 levels), and interestingly, it had coincided with the local bottom in the price.

The spike this time has also occurred simultaneously with the possible local bottom formation at $27,100, as the price of the cryptocurrency has recovered a little bit since then.

Historically, w...

Thursday, 11 May

23:55

Core Developer Amiti Uttarwar Will Be Reinforcing Decentralization At Bitcoin 2023 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

One of the many ways that Bitcoin is an experiment is in its decentralized development model, explained Amiti Uttarwar. Whether a non-profit or a private company, the vast majority of software projects have a centralized structure for directing funding, prioritizing projects and coordinating efforts. But the community consensus model of Bitcoin is essential for ongoing censorship resistance. While its not easy to get tens of thousands of individual computers to agree, getting thousands of humans to agree is arguably the greater challenge.

As a Bitcoin Core developer, Uttarwar is understandably fascinated with Bitcoins unique consensus model. She opted to focus on this community-led, open-source project full time in 2019, taking a significant pay cut from an engineering role with Coinbase, and has since earned grants to continue her work from OKCoin, BitMEX operator HDR Global and Gemini.

Her past codebase contributions have changed the logic of Bitcoins address management, fundamentally shifted address communication and reduced privacy leaks caused by transaction broadcasting. Today, her development focus is on improving support for privacy-enhancing communication layers like Tor, I2P and CJDNS through a collaboration with Chaincode Labs Martin Zumsande.

While Bitcoin users can run nodes on multiple networks right now, the benefits are limited and often require a deep level of understanding from the node operator, Uttarwar said. Our current project is to enable automatic connections to nodes on every network that a user has enabled. With our work, if a user has enabled clearnet (with interfaces IPv4 or IPv6) and Tor on their Bitcoin node, the node will strive to ensure at least one of their 10 outbound connections is to an onion peer on the Tor network.

For Uttarwar, who has seen her work merged into a Bitcoin Core update and who depends upon the larger community of Bitcoin developers for feedback and critical review of her work, the decentralization that underpins this software project is more than just a development model, it is a responsibility.

Honoring decentralization in the world of Bitcoin development requires participation from Bitcoin users at varying levels of expertise, she said. For example, a protocol upgrade can only happen if users all over the world decide to adopt the code and activate the new logic... The question of what makes Bitcoin better evokes strong opinions in the community, but whether advocating for os...

23:54

Do Kwon's Attorneys Propose $437K Bail, Deny Falsified Travel Documents Charges in Montenegro "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Terra Community AMA with Do Kwon (April 2021) (Terra, modified by CoinDesk)

23:53

A List of Trials of Stem Cell Therapies Aimed at Slowing Aging "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

To what degree can the current panoply of stem cell therapies slow the progression of ageing?

23:50

Graffiti-Style Characters With Expressive Big Eyes Explore Ones Inner Child "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Graffiti-Style Characters With Expressive Big Eyes Explore Ones Inner Child

Graffiti Art by Hera of Herakut

Made in a distinctive graffiti style, Jasmin Siddiqui's paintings look as though they were plucked straight off the streets. The German-Pakistani artist, better known as Hera from the art duo Herakut, is debuting a new solo exhibition titled tHERApy room 2 at the Corey Helford Gallery in Los Angeles. It explores the human condition and childhood experiences through a cast of large-eyed female figures adorned with uncanny animal headwear.

Although created on traditional canvases, Siddiqui brought her graffiti roots into the making of these paintings by using a mix of spray paint, acrylic, and even charcoal. As a result of this approach, a rainbow of colors drips down the canvases. Additionally, all of the figures are rendered in a rough, sketchy way that emphasizes the youth of the characters themselves.

Its 23 years now since I have touched a spray can for the first time. Who would have thought this tool would have such a defining effect on my life, Hera says. To me, it was a match made in heaven, as it really felt like I had finally found my own vocabulary. One could say that I created my own language, in which I have been non-stop communicating and sharing my thoughts ever sinceon walls all over the world and on so many canvases, Ive lost count.

Although these female figures vary slightly in appearance and accessory, they are united by their large expressive eyes and connection to animals and nature. But even though Ive written up hundreds of messages next to hundreds of big-eyed figures, it doesnt get old or feel less important to me, she continues. Because each note I write and share with the world, is actually a message addressed to that inner child, the vulnerable part that needs that extra encouragement, that talk of hope, of magic, and a little bit of escapism.

Hera's art is currently on view at the Corey Helford Gallery in Los Angeles until May 27,...

23:42

The Lion of Chaeronea "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Lei Heng, the Winged Tiger, Kuniyoshi, between 1845 and 1850

23:37

Yellowpop x Tom Wesselmann: LED Neon and Wallpaper Collection "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Yellowpop, the leading designer and manufacturer of LED neon signs, is excited to announce its latest collection of seven quintessential LED neon signs and four wallpaper prints inspired by iconic artist, Tom Wesselmann. The collaboration celebrates Wesselmanns influential career and expands Yellowpops collection of contemporary pop art-inspired neon signs.

The Tom Wesselmann Estate is one of the most respected names in the art world, dedicated to preserving and promoting the legacy of the legendary Pop Art artist. The new collection of LED neon signs from Yellowpop is a perfect embodiment of Wesselmanns artistic vision, featuring bold colors, clean lines, and iconic images.

The seven LED neon signs are inspired by Wesselmanns most celebrated works, including his iconic Smokers, Great American Nude and Still Life series. Each sign features a combination of bright colors and high-qu...

23:30

Cryptocurrency trading addiction: What to look out for and how it is treated "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The epic highs and lows of cryptocurrency trading make traders particularly prone to addictive trading behavior.

23:25

Pepe memecoin frenzy gets unwanted attention from scammers "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Security firm CertiK alerted the community to a fraudulent Pepe website offering rewards, cautioning that the site is linked to a phishing contract.

23:03

Ordinals good or bad for Bitcoin? Supporters and opposers raise voices "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin miners, exchanges and layer-2 builders have different reasons to support or oppose Bitcoin Ordinals.

23:00

Chiliz (CHZ) Price Nosedives Indicating A Strong Bearish Sentiment "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Chiliz(CHZ) is trading in the red today, down by over 4% in the last 24 hours. This trend broadly reflects the global crypto market cap, down by 0.57% in 24 hours. 

However, despite the price drop, Chilizs trading volume is up by 39% at press time, which could influence its price action soon.

CHZ traded at $0.1011 on January 1, 2023, before it moved to $0.1202 on January 10. Since then, it has experienced extreme price volatility, peaking at $0.1577 on February 8 for the first time in 2023. However, the bears have prevailed on its price, returning it to $0.1075 today.

CHZ Price Prediction

CHZ is in a downtrend momentum, forming a fourth consecutive red candle. It has dropped below its 50-day and 200-day Simple Moving Averages (SMA), a bearish sentiment for the short and long term.

Related Reading: Bitcoin Price Blasts Above $28,000 Following 4.9% April CPI Report

Also, its Relative Strength Index (RSI) is 28.15, firmly in the oversold region below 30. It implies that the bears are in control of their price movement. The RSI is still moving downwards, suggesting further price decline for the asset in the short term. However, since the asset is oversold, a retracement is likely if it can rally from its closest support level.

CHZs Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) is below its signal line and showing negative values. It also reflects the prevalent bearish trend. Also, the histogram bars are at full strength and bearish.

Chiliz (CHZ) Price Nosedives Indicating A Strong Bearish Sentiment

CHZ is rapidly approaching the $0.108 support level and a drop below this will send the assets price into free fall to record lower lows.

The bears at the $0.11685719 resistance level are active and resisting a rally for the asset. But CHZ is already in the oversold region and will probably reach a point of consolidation soon. 

Chilizs Web3 Moves For T...

23:00

New wallet uses Amazon hardware security modules to eliminate seed words "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The newly launched crypto wallet by Kresus requires users to sign in with magic links, meaning password hashes dont need to be stored.

Fueled by artistic passion, NFTs have found a permanent home in the art world "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

NFTs have democratized access to the art world in unprecedented ways, unlocking new opportunities for artists who might otherwise not have been able to make a living from their passions.

22:55

Discover Your Historical Alter Ego: Which Iconic Figure From the Past Are You? [Quiz] "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Discover Your Historical Alter Ego: Which Iconic Figure From the Past Are You? [Quiz]

Historical Figure Personality Quiz

Throughout history, there have been many important figures that have made a lasting impact. Whether they be artists, politicians, or trailblazing adventurers, each of these people has used their character to propel themselves forward and create a lasting name. In this week's quiz, we look at the personalities of some iconic figures from history and see how they match up against your own unique qualities.

The quiz is just eight questions, so in a matter of minutes, you'll have a clearer idea of who from history mirrors your own values. Then you can dive into more content about them to see what you can learn from the past to inform your own future. So go ahead, take the quiz, and be sure to share the results!

Related Articles:

Discover Your Inner Artist: Which Famous Artist Are You? [Quiz]

Discover Your Monumental Match: Which Famous Landmark Are You Most Like? [Quiz]

Discover Your Inner Trailblazer: Which Famous Woman From History Are You? [Quiz]

READ: Discover Your Historical Alter Ego: Which Iconic Figure From the Past Are You? [Quiz]

22:45

Terra crash anniversary: Community reflects on the lessons learned "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Terra crash anniversary sparks reflections on the importance of liquidity, transparency and user protection in the crypto industry.

22:26

Bitcoin bears need BTC price to go below $27K ahead of Friday's $900M options expiry "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin price giving up ground over the past week to slide below $28,000 has put bears in a better position for Friday's expiry.

22:20

Account abstraction could bring the next billion users to Ethereum Ambire CEO "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

On Episode 19 of Hashing It Out, Ambire founder and CEO Ivo Georgiev explains a new technology aiming to bring increased flexibility and security to the Ethereum network.

22:09

SPONGE Lists On 2 Major Exchanges: Will It Beat Pepes Solid Price Performance? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

SPONGE, the latest addition to the world of meme coins, has been making waves since its launch. With recent listings on popular cryptocurrency exchanges like Poloniex and MEXC, the Spongebob coin has attracted the attention of traders and investors alike. 

But the question on everyones mind is: will it surpass the impressive price performance of meme coin darling, Pepe?

As the cryptocurrency market continues to grow, meme coins have emerged as a popular trend among traders and investors. These coins often feature fun and quirky designs that appeal to the younger demographic, making them a hit among social media users. 

And SPONGE is no exception. With its unique sponge-shaped logo and playful marketing, it has quickly gained a following in the crypto community.

SPONGE: The Rising Star Among Meme Coins?

SPONGE, a brand new Ethereum-based ERC-20 meme token, has quickly become a rising star among the highly-stacked field of meme coins, with its unique branding and impressive price performance.

Currently priced at 0.000452, the token has already made a name for itself as one of the most successful meme coins this year, despite being down 43.53% in the last 24 hours.

The token made its debut on the decentralized exchange Uniswap on May 4, and within just 48 hours, it was listed on CoinW and Toobit. This lightning-fast listing process is in stark contrast to PepeCoin (PEPE), which took three weeks to list on its first centralized exchange. 

In fact, following its listings on various exchanges, SPONGE came incredibly close to reaching a $100 million market cap, and was ranked in the top 275 cryptocurrencies by market cap, according to CoinMarketCap data.

One impressive feat that SPONGE achieved was its trading volume on Uniswap. Within just four days of its launch, its 24-hour trading volume exceeded $100 million, outpacing the trading volume of PEPE by a significant margin.

This made SPONGE the most-traded coin on Uniswap, excluding wrapped Ethereum. With such impressive numbers, many are wondering if SPONGE will be able to surpass the success of its meme coin rival, Pepe Coin.

Meme Coin Craze Sweeps The Crypto Market

SPONGEs impressive price performance is part of a larger trend in the crypto market: the...

22:00

With The E-Krona, Sweden Is Attacking The Virtues Bitcoin Is Built To Protect "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

This is an opinion editorial by Peter Bistoletti, a Bitcoiner who has lived in Sweden since 1971.

Sweden is the nightmare example of a state destroying financial privacy, winning the war on cash and having control of all financial transactions. Sweden has almost completely abolished anonymous cash transactions and, as a result, its regulators have control of all financial assets. Since at least 1971, when I moved to Sweden, bank assets have to be reported annually to the tax authorities, which can also demand documentation for all bank transactions. Since 2020, the Swedish police have the right by law to acquire access to locked iphones and computers by use of force.

In such a privacy-averse environment, one should consider Bitcoin as a better alternative.

Introducing The E-Krona

In the early days of Bitcoin, one could buy BTC anonymously through platforms such as LocalBitcoins, which is impossible today. To buy BTC through the majority of accessible platforms now, one has to follow strict KYC and AML regulations. Sweden also has no Bitcoin ATMs. Swedish banks, politicians and the media have an overwhelmingly hostile attitude towards BTC.

Sweden is now moving toward a central-bank-issued, digital, national currency. Since 2017, the Swedish central bank, Sveriges Riksbank, the issuer of the prize in economic science in memory of Alfred Nobel, has been promoting the e-krona as a complement to, or replacement of, physical cash. Proponents of e-krona argue that it prevents money laundering and criminal activities, speeds up the financial system and finetunes financial and monetary activities. Critics argue that it is the ultimate tool for financial censorship, control and surveillance. The development of e-krona is happening in cooperation with other central banks and the Bank For International Settlements (BIS).

E-krona is, at present, a pilot project, testing the technical platform and the cooperation...

21:50

XRP Holds Above Key Support As Ripple CEO Predicts Delay Of Verdict "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

XRP price has shown a strong reaction after the (fake) news of the alleged sale of 9,800 BTC by the US government and the subsequent sell-off across the crypto market, staying above the key support. However, XRP investors have yet another damper to digest today.

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse said during the Dubai Fintech Summit that he expects a ruling in the legal battle with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) by the end of the third quarter of 2023. In a previous statement in January at the World Economic Forum, Garlinghouse still expressed his optimism that a ruling will come in the first half of 2023 (by the end of the second quarter).

Ripple CEO Lowers His Expectations For A Verdict

During the interview at the Dubai Fintech Summit, the Ripple CEO emphasized the protracted nature of the legal battle with the SEC, stressing that the case has been ongoing for two and a half years. While this is a long time, Garlinghouse pointed to a silver lining:

So it has certainly been frustrating and slow, But the good news is we are at the end of that journey. While others in the crypto might be beginning their journey, the silver lining is that Ripple is now at the end.

Furthermore, Garlinghouse revealed that he expects a resolution in the next two or six months. The Ripple CEO conceded Judge Analisa Torres has additional deliberation time, as she has extensive information to process and make a decision based on it.

Ultimately, Garlinghouse indicated that, like everyone else, he can only guess how long Judge will need to make her decision:

A federal judge can operate on whatever timeline, in this case, she would like, but I am optimistic we can see a resolution, I believe, before the end of Q3.

XRP Price Holds Key Support

The XRP price is following the current market sentiment today and is slightly in the red today, down -0.34% over the last 24 hours. At press time, XRP was trading at $0.4253, holding above key support at $0.4131.

The support is key because a break to the downside would knock the XRP price back down the trading range from early November 2022 to mid-March 2023. XRP had spent over four months in this trading range before an impulsive move higher on March 21. If XRP closes below $0.4131 on the 1-day chart, it would be an extremely bearish signal.

On the upside, XRP first faces the 200-day Exponential Moving Average (EMA) at $0.4353 again. The indicator is often referred to as the bull boundary and is accordingly of great importance to subsequently break through resistance at $0.4402 and regaining bullish momentum.

21:45

Memepool full: Heres how exchanges adjust Bitcoin withdrawal fees "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Amid a spike in Bitcoin transaction costs, cryptocurrency exchanges are taking measures to serve their clients properly.

21:44

Video Shows a CEO Berating Employees Who Were Worried About Not Getting Bonuses "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

As the price of just about everything goes up and wages stay pretty much the same, people are pretty quick to get fed up these days when it comes to corporate greed.

And this story about a CEO certainly isnt going to make people any happier about the current situation.

A woman named Andi Owen who is the President and CEO of a company called MillerKnoll took a lot of heat recently after a video surfaced of her talking to employees who were curious if they were going to get bonuses.

For the record, Owen made a little under $5 million last year, with $1.2 million of that coming in the form of bonuses.

Screen Shot 2023 05 09 at 4.21.04 PM Video Shows a CEO Berating Employees Who Were Worried About Not Getting Bonuses

Photo Credit: Twitter

Owen seems to be pretty unhappy in the video and addressed workers concerns about how they are supposed to stay motivated after the company was hit hard by the COVID pandemic, which led to one of the companys factories closing.

Owen said that the most important thing to do is to stay focused on the customers.

21:27

EU draft AI Act updated with public facial recognition ban "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Regulators in the EU concluded another round of voting, adding a new ban on the public use of biometric surveillance into its forthcoming AI Act.

21:00

Animoca Brands reports $3.4B of assets in an interim financial update "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The update shows $194 million in cash, $566 million in digital assets and $2.7 billion in off-balance sheet token reserves for other majority-owned Web3 subsidiaries.

20:56

Best Ethereum Casino Sites 2023 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

2023 is set to be a fantastic year for players looking to gamble at Ethereum Casino sites. With the increasing popularity of cryptocurrency, many online casinos are now accepting ETH as a payment method, offering players the chance to enjoy a secure and exciting gambling experience.

In this article, well explore the best Ethereum online casinos of 2023, taking into account various criteria, such as game selection, bonuses, security, and accessibility.

Overview of the Best Ethereum Casinos

Lets start this guide with our top list of the best online gambling sites available in 2023.

Bc.game Highest Rated Casino of 2023

BC Game Ethereum Casino

• ETH casino...

20:45

20:42

In case you still dont know "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

In case you still dont know..ALL TRAITORS AND PEDO BASTARDS ARE RECORDED..CU @GitmoTV https://t.me/EXPOSEthePEDOSendOfTheCABAL/41714

Het bericht In case you still dont know verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

20:40

Buying a car with Bitcoin gets $3.7M fine, prison time in Morocco "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Casablanca Court of Appeal upheld the conviction of 21-year-old French citizen Thomas Clausi for illegal use of cryptocurrency.

20:40

China launches national blockchain center to train half a million specialists "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The institution will reportedly train more than 500,000 specialists in distributed ledger technology.

20:21

Binance looks to the UK for regulation amid US crypto crackdown "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Binance seeks regulation in the U.K. amid a U.S. crackdown on cryptocurrencies as its chief strategy officer acknowledges the challenging business environment in the United States.

20:07

Can artificial intelligence create more jobs? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Despite negatively impacting the labor market, there are many reasons to think AI will eventually contribute to creating new jobs and economic growth.

20:06

If you have an iPhone "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

If you have an iPhone you need to turn this setting off immediately, its tracking and tracing you with pinpoint accurate locations.

Het bericht If you have an iPhone verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

20:05

Dragon Caught by Spacex camera during the rocket first stage descent. "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Picture
During the rocket first stage descent, this Dragon-like creature was caught on camera.
So, did spacex catch a legendary dragon on camera?

20:00

Greek Lemon Potatoes "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Tasty golden brown roast potatoes with olive oil, lemon, garlic, and oregano! Greek flavoured roast potatoes are an amazing side dish! The best way to cook them is to throw the potatoes into the bottom of a roasting pan when roasting a chicken, leg of lamb, etc. and let them cook in all of the...

Read On

The post Greek Lemon Potatoes appeared first on Closet Cooking.

20:00

Link "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Jean Charles Moyen is a filmmaker and former secret space program supersoldier with incredible teleportation abilities that have taken him to ancient Halls of Records and hidden Space Arks worldwide. He has provided compelling evidence for his claims in his documentary, Starseed Revelations 2, which documents how his teleportation abilities were scientifically tested and found []

19:51

Bitcoin fees plummet 95% as BTC price recovers from US govt scare "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Bitcoin was not subject to U.S. government selling this week, analysis shows, but BTC price action remains pressured.

19:27

A Woman Talked About How a 2-4% Salary Increase Is a Cost-Of-Living Adjustment and Not a Raise "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

As prices rise and inflation stays high, we could all use a little more money in our pocket to pay our bills.

Gas is expensive, food is expensive, housing is expensive: basically, EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE.

And a TikTok user shared a video that went viral where she discussed her dissatisfaction with a 2-4% salary increase that she says really isnt a raise at all.

Screen Shot 2023 05 02 at 5.19.07 PM A Woman Talked About How a 2 4% Salary Increase Is a Cost Of Living Adjustment and Not a Raise

Photo Credit: TikTok

The woman says that, instead of a raise, that salary increase is a cost-of-living adjustment.

Cost of living increases are common in salaried jobs, but the standard of 2-4% doesnt seem to be cutting it these days for a lot of people, including this woman.

Screen Shot 2023 05 02 at 5.19.15 PM A Woman Talked About How a 2 4% Salary Increase Is a Cost Of Living Adjustment and Not a Raise...

19:04

Theoretical Puppets: Salvador Dal, Sigmund Freud, Hannah Arendt, Michel Foucault, and Other Thinkers Come Back to Life as Hand-Operated Puppets "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

As childrens television has demonstrated since the beginning of the medium, sometimes the best way to make an unfamiliar concept understandable is to articulate it through the mouth and the body of a puppet. Most all of us alive today had some experience with that back when we were still getting our ABCs and 123s down. Yet even in adulthood, we continue to find ourselves confronted with ideas we may find difficult to grasp, especially in the domain of philosophy, with no explanation offering-puppets to be found or at least there werent, not before the launch of Theoretical Puppets on Youtube.

Each month, Theoretical Puppets brings on a notable thinker or two, the current lineup of whom includes the likes of Walter Benjamin, Hannah Arendt, Gilles Deleuze, and Michel Foucault, all of them reconstructed out of cloth and wire.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

19:00

Whales Keep Buying Bitcoin, What They Might Know That You Dont "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The Bitcoin price took a major hit yesterday despite a positive surprise in the US Consumer Price Index (CPI), following a rumor that the US government sold 9,800 BTC related to Silk Road. Since then, the market has struggled to recover from the shock.

However, one group of investors is showing no fear: whales. The big investors with a lot of money are considered one of the most reliable indicators of when is a good time to buy Bitcoin. On-Chain analyst Axel Adler stated, BTC Accumulation and Distribution no changes. Large players continue to buy BTC from smaller players.

The chart below shows that investors with more than 5,000 BTC have been buying large amounts (alongside smaller investors <10 BTC) over the last 30 and 90 days, while all other cohorts have been shedding BTC.

Bitcoin accumulation and distribution by cohorts

What Do Bitcoin Whales Know?

Of course, it can only be speculated what the Bitcoin whales know that others do not. But the fact is that Bitcoin saw an upward trend yesterday after the CPI release, until the fake news (manipulation?) about the US government selling Bitcoin broke.

But, yesterdays CPI print could have significantly more implications than are apparent at first glance. For some time now, the market has been betting on an early pivot by the U.S. central bank (Fed). The market is currently betting on three interest rate cuts by the end of the year (3x 25 bps to 4.25-4.50%).

While the U.S. banking crisis reinforces this bet, whales may have been calling the Feds bluff for some time. As NewsBTC editorial director and technical analyst Tony Spilotro recently pointed out via Twitter, the Fed (and the masses) are relying on lagging indicators.

19:00

Benjamin Fulford Report: Enough is enough, it is time to hunt the bastards down and bring them to justice May 8, 2023 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

And that appears to be what is finally happening. Of course, we have all heard this story before, but there are many signs this time the long-awaited mass arrests really are happening. Various sources say the coronation of King Charles was the trigger event people were waiting for. Regardless of what you think of this unpopular King, he is the head of the Anglo-Saxon armed forces and he has promised to unleash a vast military-style campaign, His official inauguration was needed so military action against the cabal could be ordered, MI6 sources confirm. Needless to say, if Charles turns out to be a Khazarian Mafia stooge, he will be killed by his own bodyguards, according to these sources. In what may have been a warning, the Grim Reaper walked by as Charles was crowned the new King of Great Britain. [video width="960" height="720" mp4="https://prepareforchange.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/The-Grim-Reaper-appears-at-the-Coronation-.mp4"][/video] By the way, King Charles is a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam, as well as Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) according to Burkes Peerage, No matter what happens vis a vis King Charles though, We are entering a period where a lot of people at the top of a lot of governments who have been pursuing policies that are antithetical to their people are going to be very worried about surviving in office, says Colonel Douglas MacGregor Here in the United States, I do not expect a lot to change until the financial syst...

18:40

Developers Deploy Uniswap Contracts on Bitcoin as BRC20-Based SHIB, PEPE Gain Popularity "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Red arrows moving upon wooden blocks, Business concept Growth, Conceptual Business Finance Growth (Sakchai Vongsasiripat)

18:16

ADA Price (Cardano) Plunge To $0.32 On The Horizon As Bulls Show Weak Hands "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cardanos price started a fresh decline from the $0.40 resistance. ADA could decline further if there is a clear move below the $0.35 support.

• ADA price is showing bearish signs and trading above $0.35 against the US dollar.
  • The price is trading below $0.388 and the 100 simple moving average (4 hours).
  • There is a major bearish trend line forming with resistance near $0.380 on the 4-hour chart of the ADA/USD pair (data source from Kraken).
  • The pair could start a decent increase if it clears the $0.380 resistance zone.

Cardanos ADA Price Extends Decline

This past week, Cardanos price made a couple of attempts to clear the $0.400 resistance. However, the bulls failed and the price reacted to the downside below the $0.388 support.

The price declined below the $0.380 and $0.365 support levels. Finally, it tested the $0.355 support. A low is formed near $0.3534 and the price is now attempting a minor upside correction, similar to Bitcoin and Ethereum.

ADA is still trading below $0.388 and the 100 simple moving average (4 hours). There is also a major bearish trend line forming with resistance near $0.380 on the 4-hour chart of the ADA/USD pair. On the upside, immediate resistance is near the $0.375 zone or the 50% Fib retracement level of the recent drop from the $0.3978 swing high to the 0.3534 low.

The next major resistance is forming near the $0.380 zone or the trend line. It is close to the 61.8% Fib retracement level of the recent drop from the $0.3978 swing high to the 0.3534 low.

ADA Price (Cardano)

Source: ADAUSD on TradingView.com

If there is an upside break above the $0....

18:00

In Search of the Best Croissant in Protest-Filled Paris "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

An Italian tourist went to Paris in search of the best croissant. A natural thing to do. Except he did it amidst a city-wide strike, one precipitated by Emmanuel Macrons attempt to raise the minimum retirement age in France. It all makes for a unique kind of food/travel video.

So what boulangeries (bakeries) made the list? Tout Autour du Pain on rue de Turenne; Carton Paris on Boulevard de Denain; Stohrer (established in 1730) on Rue Montorgueil; Du Pain et des Ides on Rue Yves Toudic; and Cedric Grolet OPRA on rue de lOpra.

And what bakery takes the proverbial cake? Turns out, its Du Pain et des Ides. When we visit Paris in June, well be sure to stop by

If you would like to sign up for Open Cultures free email newsletter, please find it here.

If you would like to support the mission of Open Culture, consider making a donation to our site. Its hard to rely 100% on ads, and your contributions will help us continue providing the best free cultural and educational materials to learners everywhere. You can contribute through PayPal, Patreon, Venmo (@openculture) and Crypto. Thanks!

via Kottke

Related Content

French Caf Adds Extra Charge for Rude Customers

See Ridley Scotts 1973 Bread CommercialVoted Englands Favorite Advertisement of All Time

17:54

Esther Gatn "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Dangling at the center of Esther Gatns exhibition Emil Lime is a life-size boat, suspended by wire cables from a hole in the ceiling. The 2023 sculpture, which shares the shows palindromic title,

17:32

Nday Kouagou "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Nday Kouagous exhibition Direction, Direction? is part inner monologue, part influencer-speak. The artist riffs on our tendency to overthink decision-making and to embrace superstition (tarot

17:27

"White Drops" "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

In White Drops, curator Regina Fiorito pairs work by Seth Price and Tobias Pils with that of the influential Polish textile artist Barbara Levittoux-widerska (19332019) to evoke the possibility of

17:22

We cant keep putting band-aids on the current system OKX "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

OKX launches a new campaign calling for rewriting centralized legacy financial and digital systems using blockchain technology and Web3 solutions.

17:13

Code Words Known as Algospeak Are Taking Over Social Media "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

I guess you have to be extra careful these days about what you say and how you say itand thats why algospeak is taking the world of social media by storm.

Algospeak is when people use code words, emojis, and deliberately misspelled words to try to avoid detection by Artificial Intelligence when posting to social media to avoid being flagged for sensitive topics and potentially breaking the rules of various platforms. One example is people using code words to discuss the Supreme Courts overturning of Roe vs. Wade in 2022.

Screen Shot 2023 05 01 at 12.26.18 PM Code Words Known as Algospeak Are Taking Over Social Media

Photo Credit: Unsplash,Asterfolio

Fifty percent of people in the U.S. say theyve seen an increase in algospeak as the world becomes more divided along political and cultural lines. And because some terms become banned or flagged on social media platforms as rhetoric heats up, users have gotten creative with how to get around it.

One example is people talking about camping as a code word for actually discussing the nationwide a**rtion ban. Algospeak is also commonly used to avoid detection when people use h**e speech and talk about b**lying and issues around s**.

17:00

Robert Gabris "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Robert Gabris uses pencils, scissors, and paper with the surgical precision of one performing operations, even autopsies. The artist works alone, patiently cutting and dissecting his surfaces, incision

17:00

Simone Forti "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

In her work, artist, choreographer, dancer, and writer Simone Forti channels the subversive elemental forces of freedom and spontaneity. Born in Florence in 1935, she soon afterward fled with her family

16:20

Bitcoin miner Marathon Digital hit with another SEC subpoena "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The first subpoena was given to Marathon in the third quarter of 2021, concerning whether it may have violated federal securities laws relating to its data center in Hardin.

16:05

Fiat-backed stablecoins could be used to post bail in New York under proposed bill "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A New York lawmaker has introduced a new bill that proposes to allow certain stablecoins to be accepted as payment for bail.

16:00

Bears Drive Binance Coin Toward $300 Level As Bull Run Fizzles Out "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Binance Coin (BNB), the native cryptocurrency of the Binance exchange, has been facing a tough time in the crypto markets lately.

Despite a strong push from the bulls to drive the coins price higher from the $320-$325 region, the bears took over and sent the price tumbling down. 

Now, BNB is looking to find support around the $300 mark as the market remains volatile.

As one of the top cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, Binance Coin has been a favorite among traders and investors alike. However, the recent price action has left many wondering about the coins future prospects. 

While some analysts remain optimistic about the coins long-term potential, others are cautious and suggest that the current market conditions could lead to further downside for Binance Coin.

Binance Coin Price Analysis

Binance Coins price on CoinMarketCap stands at $312.46, with a slight dip of 0.29% in the past 24 hours. Unfortunately, this trend has persisted over the last seven days, with a decline of 4.35%, leaving investors anxious about the future direction of Binance Coins value.

Binance Coins value has been fluctuating between the $320 and $340 price points since its surge to $350 in mid-April.

However, over the past few days, the lower trendline support has been breached by the coins price, indicating a bearish trend in the market.

This breach was followed by a swift drop from $324 to $311, resulting in a loss of 4.39% in just 32 hours.

The current market conditions suggest that bears are in control of the Binance Coins price, which is a cause for concern for investors. The $309 and $301 price levels have been significant support cushions since February. 

Binance Coins price movement analysis shows that the market remains volatile and unpredictable, leaving investors uncertain about the future direction of the coins value.

How BNB Bulls Are Reacting

Despite the recent bearish trend in the market, there is still h...

15:50

Google I/O: Tech giant slings raft of new AI tools So whats coming? "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Google unveiled a slew of AI features at its latest I/O conference, with new, improved AI models to be integrated across all of its major products.

15:38

This Dad Seems To Be Asking Whether Or Not Playing Favorites Among Children Is Wrong "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

If you asked parents to answer honestly, many might confess to having a favorite child. That said, I think those same parents would say they go out of their way to make sure their children could never guess who that favorite was.

OP here, though, doesnt seem quite so careful.

His son struggled in school and, in his words, struggles as an adult to stick to the things he starts.

So, when he decided to do HVAC trade school, OP bribed him with a brand-new truck if he completed the program.

I (56M) have a son (28M) and a daughter (22F). I like both of my kids equally however they are different individuals with different lives so I help them based on their needs.

My son did not do well in high school and went to a community college and decided it was not for him after a semester and went to trade schools and eventually settled on HVAC. He had issues sticking to things, so as a reward when he became certified in HVAC I bought him a brand new truck as gift.

His daughter is academically-minded and has plans to attend University out of state. She was caught off guard when she learned she would not be getting a car, too, and also seemed upset when her father refused to pay any of her tuition.

My daughter got into a good college out of state and was always more academically minded. When she was about to finish HS it came to a surprise to me that she had taken it for granted that I would also get her a new car even though I never said that. I explained that there would be no need for a college girl in a big city to have a car.

She then asked if I could help with tuition, I did not pay for trade school either so I declined.

His thinking was that he didnt pay for his sons trade school, and also the truck was a graduation gift, not something he earned before finishing.

15:35

Circle reportedly adjusts USDC reserves to avoid US default risk "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The worlds second-largest stablecoin issuer wants to reduce its exposure to potential United States debt defaults.

15:23

Snapchat influencer turns simps into cash using an AI doppelganger "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

With CarynAI, Caryn Marjorie has launched something seemingly straight out of a science fiction movie.

14:20

The Albany Midwifery Practice "IndyWatch Feed Fertility"

We have long known that there is a significant problem in the maternity services, and its not the one that you read about in the press.

The real problem is the systematic devaluing and disintegration of models of care that follow the evidence, support female physiology, and promote autonomous midwifery practice.

I wrote those lines a few weeks ago, when I was lucky enough to read an advance copy of Closure: How the flagship Albany Midwifery Practice, at the heart of its South London community, was demonised and dismantled.

Closure was written by Becky Reed and Nadine Edwards, and its about the flagship Albany Midwifery practice which in 1997 negotiated a pioneering NHS contract with Kings College Hospital Trust.

As the authors explain,

The Albany model of midwifery care was loved and respected not only by those who experienced it first-hand, but also by the wider midwifery profession. Founded to serve one of the most disadvantaged populations in London, its innovative approach led to improved outcomes for mothers and their babies. Why, then, was the practice suddenly shut down in 2009?

Although it was widely acknowledged that the Albany model offered gold-standard care, the hospital trust claimed that since March 2006 this care had been unsafe. But both the data and the methodology used to condemn the practice were flawed, and the real reasons for the closure remained obscure. Despite extensive protests by mothers and families, midwives, and many high-profile supporters, the Albany was forced to close its doors and one of the midwives was subjected to a punitive investigation by the Nursing and...

14:18

Ethereum Price See Liftoff if Its Able to Hold One Crucial Level "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Ethereum price is struggling to clear the $1,850 and $1,880 resistance levels against the US Dollar. ETH could start a decent increase unless there is a close below $1,800.

• Ethereum is currently moving lower from the $1,880 resistance zone.
  • The price is trading below $1,850 and the 100-hourly Simple Moving Average.
  • There is a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $1,840 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD (data feed via Kraken).
  • The pair could start a decent increase if there is a move above the $1,840 and $1,880 resistance levels.

Ethereum Price Faces Hurdles

Ethereums price attempted a decent increase above the $1,850 resistance zone. However, ETH faced a strong rejection near the $1,880 zone, similar to Bitcoin.

The price declined sharply below the $1,850 level. It traded as low as $1,792 before recovering to $1,865. A high is formed near $1,865 and the price is now moving lower. It traded below the 50% Fib retracement level of the upward move from the $1,792 swing low to the $1,865 high.

Ether is now trading below $1,850 and the 100-hourly Simple Moving Average. There is also a key bearish trend line forming with resistance near $1,840 on the hourly chart of ETH/USD.

Ethereum Price

Source: ETHUSD on TradingView.com

Immediate resistance is near the $1,835 level. The next resistance sits near $1,840, above which Ethereum could test the 100-hourly Simple Moving Average.  The main resistance is now forming near the $1,880 level. A close above the $1,880 resistance zone could start a decent increase toward the $1,920 resistance. Any more gains might send the price toward the $1,975 resistance.

Downside Break in ETH?

If E...

14:07

Coinbase calls Pepe a hate symbol, prompting calls to boycott the exchange "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

An email newsletter sent out to Coinbase customers on May 10 caused significant backlash from the Pepe community.

14:00

Australian Dollar and Bitcoin "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

1.00 AUD = 0.00002 BTC
0.00010 BTC = 4.00 AUD
Converter

Bitcoin and United States Dollar "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

0.00010 BTC = 2.71 USD
1.00 USD = 0.00004 BTC
Converter

12:17

People Who Still Use Cash Explain Why Theyll Never Stop "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

We might be headed toward being a cashless society, but were not there yet. There are still times when cash comes in handy, and as long as some people prefer actual money to ones and zeros zipping through the air, merchants and other individuals will have to deal with it.

If youre one of those who never has cash and wonders why anyone would, these people are dishing about just that!

It helps control spending.

I find it easier to control my spending if I use cash.

This has been proven in studies before. That people spend more when they dont physically see the money leave their hands and decrease in value.

Because tacos.

Taco trucks around me are cash only.

Everybody takes cash.

Informal transactions. Everybody takes cash.

Dunno if its still true, but there were a couple of small restaurants in town recently that wouldnt take cards. They would take a local check, and there was an ATM in the corner. They were small enough that they didnt want to take the hit on credit card merchant fees. And local enough that people accepted it.

To buy local.

I use cash at a farmers markets/flea markets because most of the stands dont have card readers.

Kind of similar for vendor halls at conventions/art shows. Plus if you use card they have to add tax, but cash is king and the $20 tag means $20 cash.

You never know who might stop by.

Because the kid who mows my lawn doesnt have Venmo.

An old lady sells tamales from her car in my neighborhood.

Its like the adult ice cream truck except I still run outside for...

12:07

Why The Unexplainable Is So Common When Loved Ones Die "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

The death of a loved one is an emotionally challenging and profound experience. During the grieving process, many individuals report unexplainable phenomena or extraordinary occurrences that seem to transcend conventional understanding. These experiences, ranging from vivid dreams to sensing the presence of the deceased, are often deeply personal and can bring solace, comfort, and even a sense of connection to those who are grieving. In this article, we will explore why unexplainable experiences are so common when loved ones die and discuss their significance in the healing journey.

1. Emotional Bonds and Coping Mechanisms

The strong emotional bond between individuals can have a lasting impact even after death. Unexplainable experiences often occur as a way for individuals to cope with the loss and maintain a connection with their loved ones. These experiences can provide a sense of comfort and reassurance, allowing the grieving individual to feel the presence or influence of their departed loved one, thereby helping them navigate the grieving process.

1. Symbolic Communication and Signs

Unexplainable experiences are sometimes interpreted as symbolic communication from the deceased. These signs can take various forms, such as a specific song playing repeatedly, finding meaningful objects or symbols in unexpected places, or even perceiving the presence of the departed through subtle sensations or visions. Such experiences may bring a sense of relief, as they can be seen as messages or gestures from the loved one, offering comfort and guidance during the bereavement process.

1. Heightened Sensitivity and Perception

The profound emotional impact of losing a loved one can lead to heightened sensitivity and perceptual changes. Grief opens us up to new levels of awareness and consciousness, allowing us to perceive subtle cues and energy that might have been unnoticed before. This increased sensitivity can contribute to unexplainable experiences, as the grieving individual becomes more attuned to the spiritual or metaphysical dimensions surrounding death and the deceased.

1. Psychological Projection and Coping Mechanisms

The mind has a remarkable capacity to create meaning and find solace in times of grief. Unexplainable experiences can be viewed as a form of psychological projection or coping mechanism, where the individuals subconscious mind creates or interprets sensory experiences as a way to process and heal from the loss. These experiences offer a sense of continuity, connection, and closure, helping the griever navigate the emotional landscape of bereavement.

1. Cultural and Spiritual Beliefs

Cultural and spiritual beliefs play a significant role in shaping our interpretations of unexplainable experiences related to death. Di......

12:00

To catch a scammer: Kraken builds fake crypto account to bait fraudsters "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

A call-center scammer impersonating President Joe Biden attempted to steal what they thought was $450,000 worth of Bitcoin from a streamer instead, chaos ensued.

11:57

Independent Children Come From Parents Who Do These 5 Things "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Every parent aspires to raise children who are confident, self-reliant, and capable of navigating lifes challenges independently. Instilling a sense of independence in children is a valuable gift that empowers them to develop essential life skills and fosters their personal growth. As parents, there are certain practices we can adapt to nurture independence in our children. This article explores five key parenting approaches that can contribute to raising independent children who are equipped to thrive in the world.

1. Encouraging Decision-Making and Problem-Solving

One of the fundamental building blocks of independence is the ability to make decisions and solve problems autonomously. Parents can foster this by allowing children to make age-appropriate choices and encouraging them to solve problems on their own. Offering guidance and support when needed, rather than providing immediate solutions, enables children to develop critical thinking skills, resourcefulness, and the confidence to tackle challenges. This approach nurtures their independence and self-assurance.

1. Promoting Responsibility and Accountability

Instilling a sense of responsibility and accountability in children is vital for fostering independence. Parents can assign age-appropriate tasks and chores, allowing children to take ownership of their responsibilities. This practice helps them understand the importance of contributing to the family unit and builds a sense of competence and self-reliance. Giving children the opportunity to experience the consequences of their actions, both positive and negative, also teaches them accountability and empowers them to make informed choices.

1. Cultivating a Growth Mindset

A growth mindset is the belief that abilities and intelligence can be developed through effort, practice, and learning from failures. Parents can cultivate a growth mindset in their children by emphasizing the value of effort, resilience, and perseverance over mere outcomes. Encouraging children to embrace challenges, learn from mistakes, and persist in the face of setbacks nurtures their belief in their own capabilities. This mindset empowers children to take initiative, set goals, and independently pursue their aspirations.

1. Allowing Freedom within Boundaries

Balancing freedom and boundaries is crucial in raising independent children. Establishing clear and reasonable boundaries provides children with a sense of structure and safety. Within those boundaries, allowing children the freedom to explore, make choices, and express their individuality promotes independence. This approach enables children to develop a sense of autonomy and self-regulation, while also learning to respect limits and consider the impact of their actions on others.

1. Nurturing Open Communicatio......

11:45

Why A Whole Generation Of People Is Afraid To Talk On The Phone "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

In an era marked by constant technological advancements and digital communication, it is becoming increasingly evident that a significant portion of the population, particularly among the younger generation, experiences an inexplicable fear when it comes to making phone calls. While the convenience of text messages, emails, and social media platforms has reshaped communication patterns, it is essential to explore the underlying reasons why a whole generation has become apprehensive about engaging in traditional phone conversations. This article delves into the potential factors contributing to this phenomenon and sheds light on the implications it has on our social and professional lives.

1. The Rise of Asynchronous Communication

Asynchronous communication has become the norm with the advent of text messages, instant messaging apps, and social media platforms. Unlike phone calls that demand immediate attention and real-time interaction, texting allows individuals to respond at their convenience, giving them time to craft their messages and avoid on-the-spot conversations. This shift has nurtured a preference for communication methods that provide a sense of control, reducing the anxiety associated with the unpredictability of phone calls.

1. Fear of Awkwardness and Judgement

Phone conversations lack the visual cues and nonverbal communication that in-person interactions provide. As a result, individuals may worry about misinterpreting or being misunderstood during phone calls, leading to awkward silences, misunderstandings, or an inability to gauge the other persons reaction. This fear of judgement and potential embarrassment can deter individuals from initiating or engaging in phone conversations altogether, opting for written communication that allows for careful consideration and editing.

1. The Fear of Interrupting

Phone calls necessitate a synchronous interaction, demanding immediate attention from both parties involved. This can be perceived as intrusive or disruptive, particularly in an age where multitasking and constant distractions have become the norm. The fear of interrupting someones day or catching them at an inconvenient time often deters individuals from making phone calls, as they prefer to send a text or email that can be read and responded to at the recipients discretion.

1. Lack of Experience and Exposure

The rise of digital communication platforms has significantly reduced the need for phone calls in various contexts. Many individuals now rely on emails, chat systems, or collaborative platforms for professional correspondence, appointment scheduling, or customer service interactions. Consequently, the reduced exposure to phone conversations has led to a lack of experience and confidence in effectively engaging in such interactions, exa...

11:40

5 Valid Reasons To End A Relationship, Even If You Love Your Partner "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Love is a complex emotion that can bind two individuals together in a beautiful and fulfilling relationship. However, despite the presence of love, sometimes circumstances arise that can make it necessary to reevaluate the future of the partnership. Making the decision to end a relationship, even when you still love your partner, can be one of the most challenging choices to make. This article aims to explore some valid reasons why ending a relationship, despite love, maybe the best course of action for both individuals involved.

1. Incompatible Life Goals

As individuals grow and evolve, their life goals and aspirations may change. It is crucial for a healthy relationship that both partners share similar visions for the future. Finding yourselves growing apart in terms of career ambitions, family planning, or personal growth may lead to long-term dissatisfaction and resentment. In such cases, it might be wise to have an open and honest conversation about your goals and evaluate if your paths can be aligned. If not, ending the relationship may be the more compassionate choice.

1. Unresolved and Repeated Issues

Love alone cannot sustain a relationship if there are persistent unresolved issues that continue to resurface. While minor disagreements are a normal part of any relationship, ongoing patterns of conflict, communication breakdowns, or fundamental differences in values may create an unhealthy and toxic dynamic. If you have made genuine efforts to address these concerns through communication, therapy, or compromise, and still find no resolution, it may be an indication that the relationship is no longer viable.

1. Lack of Emotional or Physical Connection:

Love encompasses a broad spectrum of emotions, and having a deep emotional and physical connection with your partner is essential. Over time, if the emotional intimacy fades, or if there is a consistent lack of physical affection, it can lead to feelings of loneliness, frustration, or unhappiness. Despite love being present, the absence of these vital components can hinder personal growth and overall relationship satisfaction. In such cases, ending the relationship may allow both partners to seek a more fulfilling connection elsewhere.

1. Abuse, Manipulation, or Toxicity

No amount of love justifies staying in an abusive or toxic relationship. If your partner exhibits abusive behavior, such as physical violence, emotional manipulation, or controlling tendencies, it is imperative to prioritize your own well-being and safety. Seeking support from friends, family, or professionals can help you navigate the process of leaving such a harmful relationship. Remember, love should never be associated with fear or harm.

1. Individual Growth and Self-Discovery

Personal growth is an ongoing....

10:55

Pepes market cap sinks $1B in 5 days, some whales are still buying "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Pepe has declined 56% over the past five days, wiping a billion dollars from its total market cap.

09:14

Females are fed up "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

By Chris Woodward,
Women are calling on female athletes to boycott sporting events where they're expected to compete with males.
The call began with Riley Gaines (pictured above), a former University of Kentucky swimmer who has become a household name since she had to compete against Will Thomas, a man whom the NCAA allowed to swim as a woman because he claims to identify as a female named "Lia." Gaines, now with the Independent Women's Forum (IWF), maintains it is unfair for females to have to compete against males. Her IWF colleague, Adriana McLamb, a former Division 1 college volleyball player, says this is a major issue that the NCAA is ignoring. "They are not responding or not even caring about comments that have come in from anywhere from high school athletes to professionals and Olympians who are doing their best to save women's sports and keep female sports female," McLamb accounts. In collegiate-level volleyball, male athletes are typically over 6 feet tall while McLamb stands 5 feet, 3 inches. The net in men's volleyball, she says, is 7 to 8 inches higher than the net female teams are fighting to overcome. Even the speed of the volleyball is different: The fastest serve in men's volleyball is a record 78.9 MPH. The record in...

09:07

What is Time Travels The Bootstrap Paradox And How Does it Differ From The Grandfather Paradox? "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Lets say your friend invites you over because she has a surprise to show you. The surprise turns out to be a time machine.

Once you are over your shock that your pal has mastered time travel, the two of you take a few turns going back and forth through history witnessing important events and whatnot.

Finally, your friend wraps your adventures up by returning a little before the present. Youre surprised again when you watch her teach her younger self how to build the machine.

Wait! How can your friend use time travel to travel back to teach herself how to build the darn time machine?

What a paradox!

Exactly.

This time travel scenario is called the Bootstrap Paradox, because it shows an unending cause-and-effect loop with no defined origin of said time travel.

timetravel res 1 What is Time Travels The Bootstrap Paradox And How Does it Differ From The Grandfather Paradox?

Image Credit: Rawpixel

Another example of the Bootstrap Paradox is in the Terminator movies, where the artificial intelligence Skynet learns how to build Terminators after one comes back to the past and dies only to be studied.

08:32

Urbit, a Network Older and Weirder Than Bitcoin, Finally Turns Toward Growth "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Josh Lehman, executive director, Urbit Foundation, spoke at Consensus 2023 in Austin, Texas, in April. (Shutterstock/CoinDesk)

08:18

The Joys of Watching Paint Dry "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The Elders, the debut exhibition at Tibor de Nagy (April 20May 26, 2023) of the anonymous artist new.shiver, follows on the artists first, largely unheralded, similarly titled exhibition, New.shiver: The Elders, at Satchel Projects (April 21May 22, 2022). After seeing this persons posts on Instagram, exchanging a handful of brief messages, and seeing the actual paintings at Satchel Projects and, now, Tibor de Nagy, I am taken by the artists patience, which is not emphasized in the work. No overt signs of labor and struggle can be discerned in the exhibitions 20 intimately scaled works all between 4 x 5 and 11 x 14 inches, composed of different densities of paint which have a tangential relationship to gestural abstraction. 

When I began thinking about the history of oil painting and the different ways the labor of mark making has been considered historically from the artists touch to the level of their craftsmanship to the time it takes to complete a piece I realized how these works challenge long-held viewpoints about these considerations. Since the rise of Abstract Expressionism, labor and process the act of putting down and...

08:17

Lois Dodds Life in Nature "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

GREENWICH, Conn. Passing between the two exhibitions inaugurating the Bruce Museums new addition, I was struck by a congruence in the artists focus on near-at-hand worlds. At first glance, Lois Dodds luminous landscapes and James Castles tiny, smudgy drawings could not look more different. Yet both artists worked with what was accessible: Castle at his home and studio in Idaho, and Dodd, over seven decades, in hers, in Maine, New Jersey, and on the Lower East Side of New York City, where she rotates seasonally. Castle was comparatively isolated, deaf and remote, while Dodd, though she was long under-recognized by the establishment, has pursued her mtier in a community of artists. Unlike Castle, she came to know the art world. Yet a persistent quietness, a discreetness, permeates her work. The gridded windows that she paints across the cemetery behind her Second Street studio indicate the occupancy of a mens shelter at night, but we never glimpse its inhabitants. She always seems to be alone. Moreover, she has intentionally resisted fashion. Her vision was spurred amid the ferment of New York Abstract Expressionism, which she admired, an...

08:16

How a Stolen Nepali Statue Found Its Way Home "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The gilded Vajradhara statue was stolen from Dolakha in 1995. (photos Emiline Smith/Hyperallergic)

When 16-year-old Sunil Shrestha came home from festival celebrations on the early morning of August 30, 1995 in Dolakha, Nepal, he immediately realized something was off. He was used to sleeping in the worshipping room of the family home, sharing the space with an impressive 37-inch gilded statue of Vajradhara. The family had served as caretakers for the 16th-century statue fo...

08:15

Met Museum Will Hire Team to Investigate Looted Art "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Following dozens of high-profile art seizures by the Manhattan District Attorneys Office (DA) from the Metropolitan Museum of Art over the past year, the New York institution has announced plans to hire four new staff dedicated to provenance research. A manager and three other employees will be tasked with examining the individual histories of works in the museums 1.5 million object collection.

The manager of provenance research will report to the office of Director Max Hollein, and the three additional workers will build upon the work already underway. The roles have y...

08:13

Brooklyns Bushwick Neighborhood Gets Its First Historic District "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The Brooklyn neighborhood of Bushwick is getting its first official historic district, New York Citys Landmark Preservation Commission (LPC) announced this week. The new district encompasses a block of 32 row houses on Linden Street at its intersection with Bushwick Avenue, close to the Gates Avenue subway stop.

A raised subway line came to the Gates stop in 1885, transforming Bushwick from a rural outskirt into a city-linked neighborhood. Bushwick was one of the first areas of New York to be colonized by the Dutch, and in 1661 it was one of the first six Brooklyn towns to be chartered. After the subway line arrived, developers built homes in a speculative boom, including the ones in the new Linden Street Historic District, which were constructed between 1885 and 1901. The first people who lived in the homes wer...

08:12

The Dangerous Allure of the Royal Aesthetic "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The number of Americans who flocked to London this past weekend to watch the coronation of King Charles III was so high that they were predicted to outspend Brits on hotel rooms. In America, we dont have things like this, one American who camped out on the street the night before to attend the royal procession told NBC News. But, we all agree that having a coronation for an American king would be a bad idea right? 

Only...

07:51

A No-Nonsense Guide to NYCs May Art Fairs "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Its May at last, which means the weather is getting warmer, the spotted lantern flies are hatching en masse, and artists and gallerists all over the world are getting their ducks in a row for the nine upcoming art fairs that are popping up over the next two weeks in Manhattan. To help alleviate the daunting dizziness of too many options, weve taken the liberty of creating a quick and easy back-pocket guide to navigating each fair and its offerings. To keep it simple, weve put everything in chronological order and added the dates and locations for nine quintessential and novice art fairs for your convenience! Without further ado, we bring you this springs art fairs, ordered by opening date.

SPRING/BREAK Secret Show

07:39

New Astonishing News in Robotics Watch Out! "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Image result for Elon Musk on robots

Recently in an interview about robotic developments Elon Musk was asked about the progress of the state of the art.  When the reporter asked about Boston Dynamics, the most famous humanoid robot maker, Musk had corresponded with them. When the reporter asked about rumors that there would be robots that would so fast in the future that only a strobe light would make them visible. Elon Musk responded that they have already been created. Boston Dynamics has made robots capable of warehouse work, loading lifting, figuring out obstacles, with independent movement using LIDAR radar and other sensors to allow it to navigate through barriers and rooms.

New Short Film From Corridor Features New Robot That Makes Soldiers ...

Ominous developments

Yet, another humanoid robot that hails from the military style robots that Boston Dynamics has been developing and is a humanoid automaton that can now outperform a US Navy Seal! It looks kind of like an athletic person in a wet suit. So, now we know that robotics have surpassed human capability in overall strength and performance. They will also be linked to AI able to attain any download to suit their purpose. Just as the military robot at the Japanese lab that went berserk and killed lab technicians recently.

Image result for new human like robots

More and more undetectable

Perhaps, the day of the Blade Runner capable robot is just about upon us. A Chinese robotics firm specializes in what they call, Bionic Skin the most human-like laboratory synthesized flesh yet! In the US experiments with human DNA infused latex has been tested with results also getting closer to the real feel of human flesh. Now, remembering the word of the late PHIL Schneider who witnessed an underground fire fight between US Special Forces and evil underground entities, almost dying during the incident, the US military is about 45 years ahead of the technical development of the retail consumer market. If this could be applied to the robotics industry then we could expect that we are only seeing things that are already obsolete!

07:29

Study Confirms a Negative Correlation Between Intelligence and Religiosity "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Why are so few scientists religious and why do so many fundamentalists have no understanding of science and poor critical thinking skills?

07:00

Religious Freedom Commission releases 2023 report of worsening world "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Religious Freedom Commission releases 2023 report of worsening world

The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom released its annual report last week noting that the conditions for religious freedom are worsening around the world. 

Continue reading Religious Freedom Commission releases 2023 report of worsening world at The Wild Hunt.

06:17

Her Friends Partner Stayed Away From Her Because He Didnt Like Her. When She Found Out So She Went Off! Was She Wrong? "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

If you read this post carefully, youre going to see OP getting offended at the way someone else describes her behaviorand then behaving exactly that way in a totally ironic way.

Its amazing.

OP has had a friend for several years that she really enjoys. When they first met they were single, but since then, her friend met and married a man OP did not particularly care for.

Her main objections seem to be his drinking, swearing, love of football, and lack of refinement categorized by his unwillingness to attend musical theater.

I (38f) have known Ally (40f) for 15 years. We first met at work when were single and the youngest people there. We became good friends and socialised together and still do.

Ally then met her partner Matt who she is still with years later.

He does not share her interests. He is an avid football supporter (UK) and very anti the rival football team. Even when he doesnt go to watch matches live, he watches at the pub with male friends.

He plays sport with his friends. Shes a football widow. She likes going to the theatre and to dinner. Hell go to dinner with her but doesnt much enjoy the theatre unless its a serious play (she likes musicals) and she ends up going with female friends.

She says she doesnt mind, they arent joined at the hip and she has plenty of friends and relatives who enjoy going to the theatre with her and that she doesnt want to go to football. I wonder

Not only that, but when asked whether or not she liked the new (then) boyfriend, OP let loose with her actual feelings.

I am known for being brutally honest. When she introduced me to Matt, she...

06:16

06:15

Woman Creates Outfits Using 1940s Illustrations Drawn by Her Grandma Who Dropped Out of Fashion School "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Woman Creates Outfits Using 1940s Illustrations Drawn by Her Grandma Who Dropped Out of Fashion School

Granddaughter Sewing Designs By Her Grandma in the 1940s

Photo: Screenshots from TikTok

A TikToker named Julia is making her grandmothers dreams come true. When visiting her grandma Georgie in January 2021, Julia began looking through sketches of dresses that Georgie designed when she was a teenager. Julias grandmother, it turns out, had wanted to be a fashion designer. She even attended school for it in the 1940s but was forced to drop out to care for ailing family members. Her designs stayed on paper for decades until her granddaughter came across them.

I knew grandma was talented, but I was like, wow, these are really much better than what I was envisioning in my head, Julia said. And she mentioned that when she dies, she wanted them to get sent out to magazines or displayed at her funeral.

But Julia didnt see why they had to wait to experience her grandmothers creativity. She posted the sketches on TikTok, briefly sharing Georgie's story. The video went viral, and Julia started to learn basic sewing skills to make the designs a reality.

Using material leftover from her grandmothers collection of vintage fabrics as well as thrifted materials, Julia has sewn many of the garments Georgie envisioned. She notes that she doesnt always follow her grandma sketch, as what looks good on paper might not translate onto the body. Grandma encourages that,...

06:06

Government Ethics Watchdog Demands Clarence Thomas Resign Amidst Scandals "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

A government ethics watchdog is demanding that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas resign in the wake of numerous accounts of corruption.

05:45

For a Simple Applaud "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Image result for America under the shadows

For a Simple Applaud

Anyway the wind blows

Theres just nowhere to go

My nation under the shadows

Of men who should be swinging from the gallows,

The delusions have set in like ghosts

Making invisible residents youd doubt the most

The powers that be the haughty hosts

Please, a little more Hemlock on my toast,

Image result for evil powers that be

Wishing I could reach back in time

To turn back the events that would tarnish this rhyme

Bringing about as bitter a taste as lime

Dear Lord who committed this crime?

Image result for cloudy with rain

Now cloudy days I pray for

And cold rain upon the shore

Because there will be no knock upon my door

Only empty spirits in the night to explore,

05:20

Whale Makes Sounds of Joy as It Gets Hugs and Kisses From Man Fulfilling Life-Long Dream of Meeting Them "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Whale Makes Sounds of Joy as It Gets Hugs and Kisses From Man Fulfilling Life-Long Dream of Meeting Them

Screenshots of video showing man excited to pet a whale, who then hugs and kisses the whale

Photo: Screenshots from Instagram

Is there anyone you would love to meet? And what if they were equally excited to meet you? This is exactly what happened to whale enthusiast Adam Ernster during a recent expedition in Baja, Mexico. After spending years documenting whales from afar, his dream of meeting the gentle giants finally came true. As much as he enjoyed the experience, it seems Margarita the whale was just as enthused, as she seemed to make happy noises throughout the encounter.

A video posted by Silver Shark Adventures shows a thrilled Ernster getting to pet, hug, and even kiss a whale. When you are the one usually behind the camera, [and] finally getting your dream moment with one of the most special animals that you live to document, the whale-watching company captioned the video. Safe to say, everyone onboard enjoyed watching [Ernster] get his life changing moment in the sun with Margarita[,] one of the most friendly whales we have ever encountered on our adventures with the grey whales.

In the footage, Ernster smiles wide as he pets Margarita, before going in for a hug and a handful of kisses on the whale's barnacle-covered head. As affecting as the video is, there is another perspective from the moment that reveals that the whale is having the time of her life as well. In a video posted to Reddit, the original footage features the noises made by the whale, which can only be described as a cetacean purr.

According to the National Ocea...

05:12

LEGO Indiana Jones Temple of The Golden Idol "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Embark on an epic adventure into the temple that started it all with the LEGO Indiana Jones Temple of The Golden Idol set, complete with spiders and traps.

The post LEGO Indiana Jones Temple of The Golden Idol first appeared on Cult of Weird.

05:12

U.S. Internal Revenue Service Files Claims Worth $44 Billion Against FTX Bankruptcy "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The largest of the claims includes a $20.4 billion claim against Alameda Research LLC, which details nearly $20 billion in unpaid partnership taxes.

05:04

Straw Bales for Shelter "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Straw Bales for Shelter: a guide for building emergency shelters with bales is available for download now.  This new guide is free to download and share courtesy of Matts Myhrman, David Eisenberg and Robert Cook. It offers clear explanations and excellent details for straw bale shelter construction.
Table of Contents
Introduction 3
Site preparation and moisture barrier 4
Foundation options 4
Options for the floor base and floor 6
Initial decision: bales laid flat or on-edge? 7
Stacking bales 7
Options for stiffening the wall 10
Options for wall openings for doors and windows 12
Options for roof systems 13
Options for roof-bearing assemblies 13
Options for ceiling support 14
Options for the ceiling 14
Options for insulation 14
Options for the roof surface 14
Options for wall surfaces 16
Optional materials for wall surfacing 16
Appendix A: Permits...

04:56

04:47

Support SB 78 to Reinstate Employees Terminated for Refusing Covid-19 Shots in Oregon! "IndyWatch Feed Food"

Oregons legislators have introduced several good bills, including bills that would protect people from Covid shot mandates, vaccine passports and various forms of discrimination, and bills to offer reinstatement of employment to those who refused Covid-19 vaccination. Unfortunately, none but one of the bills has a chance of making it through to the governors desk.

SB 78 would direct state agencies to offer reinstatement to employees who were terminated or retired because of Covid-19 shot mandates, and those persons who retired may have to return any amounts they received from the Public Employees Retirement Board. Within 30 days of the bill going into effect, the agencies must notify those who were terminated and they, in turn, will have 30 days to respond.

SB 78 must pass out of the Senate Committee on Rules and then the full Senate to move to the House perhaps no later than May 19.

We need YOUR voice to help SB 78 pass!   

TAKE ACTION

Calls are more effective than emails and only take a few minutes.  Below is a Sample Script along with additional Talking Points.  Use your own words when you call or email a personal message is always more effective than a form message!

1. Contact your Senator and ask him or her to SUPPORT SB 78. 

You can look up who represents you at:

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/senate/pages/senatorsall.aspx  (look for the find your legislator option in the menu block to the right)

You may copy/paste this block of addresses to email the full committee:

Sen.KateLieber@oregonlegislature.gov; Sen.TimKnopp@oregonlegislature.gov; Sen.BillHansell@oregonlegislature.gov; Sen.JamesManning@oregonlegislature.gov; Sen.ElizabethSteiner@oregonlegislature.gov; samantha.koopman@oregonlegislature.gov

COMMITTEE CONTACT INFO

The Committee Assistant is Samantha Koopman (503-986-1536) and her email is included in the address block above (samantha.koopman@oregonlegislature.gov).

https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Committees/SRULES/Overview

Sen. Kate Lieber (D-14), Chair

04:30

As Nike Deal Tanks, Disgraced Artist Tom Sachs Pens Public Apology "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Sculptor Tom Sachs today wrote to the New York Times to offer a public apology regarding his alleged treatment of staff. The apology arrived in the wake of Nikes confirmation that it was not working

03:52

$48 Million Bitcoin Prius Set To Appear At Bitcoin 2023 "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Disclaimer: Bitcoin 2023 and Bitcoin Magazine are both operated by BTC Inc.

The Bitcoin Car, a 2013 Toyota Prius that was purchased with 1,000 bitcoin, will be showcased at the upcoming Bitcoin 2023 conference in Miami Beach. The event will take place from May 18-20, during which the car will be on display. The auction of the Bitcoin Car, being conducted via Scarce.City, a Bitcoin auction site, began on May 10 and will conclude on May 20. The current owners of the car, Devin Konopa and Austin Craig, will be allowing Bitcoin OGs from all over the United States flocking to Bitcoin 2023 to tag the car before its appearance at the conference.

Image Source

Konopa spoke about the cultural significance of the car, stating that "this Prius represents the growth of public awareness, an acceptance of digital currency, and a significant tipping point in the Bitcoin space." He also expressed his desire to see the car displayed in a museum one day as a symbol of the rise of Bitcoin.

The Prius has been dubbed the "$48M Prius" by the media and the Bitcoin community due to the historical significance of its peak value, a press release announcing the cars appearance states. Since its purchase, the car has been to over 30 Bitcoin events according to the announcement, and has transported hundreds of thousands of dollars of cash from early Bitcoin ATMs.

The auction for the First Bitcoin Car is expected to generate a great deal of interest among Bitcoin enthusiasts and collectors at the highly anticipated event in Miami Beach. Those who wish to bid on the car can do so by visiting the FirstBitcoinCar.com website, and those who seek to view the car for themselves can get tickets for Bitcoin 2023 at b.tc/conference.

03:35

Are Cryptocurrencies an Inflation Hedge? Theoretically Yes, Factually No Says S&P "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Cryptocurrencies could in theory offer protection against inflation. (stevepb/Pixabay)

03:31

Bitcoin Tends to Become More Volatile Around Monthly U.S. Inflation Releases: Kaiko "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The bitcoin market may see price volatility later Wednesday. (Ogutier/Pixabay)

03:30

Hungarian Central Bank Sees No Imminent Need for e-Forint "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Hungary is exploring a digital forint (tomfield/Pixabay)

03:24

New Rules on Sharing Crypto Tax Data Unanimously Supported by EU Members "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The European Commission headquarters in Brussels (Jack Schickler/CoinDesk)

03:20

Intuitive Astrology: Taurus New Moon May 2023 "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

Take a deep breath. Inhale through your nose and exhale out of your mouth, letting out a sigh. Almost like a sigh of relief. Feel the weight releasing from your chest and shoulders. Perhaps unclench your jaw or stretch your arms out. Settle into your being and soak in the wisdom the Taurus New Moon brings

The Taurus New Moon on May 19, 2023, holds a grounding vibration, allowing us to rebalance our being and reconnect to a state of ease. We have been through much since the last lunar cycle and now we are given a moment to pause.

While this pause will give us a chance to center ourselves, there is also some high-powered energy flowing through at the time of this New Moon, activating our Solar Plexus Chakra and inviting us to reconnect with our power.

Lets dive into what this 2023 Taurus New Moon offers-

The Taurus New Moon is Our Anchor

The Taurus New Moon marks the first lunar cycle since Eclipse Season began. With a new lunar cycle here, the transformative, and perhaps even chaotic energies of the Eclipses can begin to settle, fading into the background of our lives.

Eclipses tend to bring change, awakening, transformation, and shift. Our lives, or perhaps even our perspective, may look very different from when the Eclipses first began on April 19th.

Eclipses can bring quantum leaps, helping to accelerate our spiritual path forward, so if you are finding yourself at a crossroads, in limbo, or in completely new territory, the vibrations of this New Moon can help to ground and stabilize.

Taurus is a sign associated with stability and security, and that is exactly what is on offer under this New Moon. How can you create more security in your life? What steps can you take to feel more stable and secure in yourself?

Issues that crop up around the time of this New Moon may very well be linked to subconscious feelings of insecurity or a lack of self-worth. Pay attention to anything uncomfortable that arises at this time, and see if your insecurities may be playing a role.

Leaning into anything that makes you feel uncomfortable is also a good practice to try. Remember, feeling uncomfortable is a sign you are growing! By leaning into the feeling, you learn what is at the root of it. You dont need all the answers, just having some awareness is often all it takes. If you keep practicing this throughout your life, you will eventually find that less and less things seem to bother you!

When we are not constantly rushing; when we are not living from a place of scarcity; when we are connected to our true power, it is hard to let insecurities in. Life is always going to be moving and shifting around us, but our inner being is where we can really create true and long-lasting security that will follow us wherever we go.

The Taurus New Moon and Creating Comfort

Ta...

03:16

Nicolas Bourriaud to Direct 15th Gwangju Biennale "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

The Gwangju Biennale Foundation has tapped noted French scholar, curator, and critic Nicolas Bourriaud to serve as artistic director of the Fifteenth Gwangju Biennale, slated to open in September 2024.

03:12

Layered and Embellished Trapunto Paintings Exude Spirit in Pacita Abads First Retrospective "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

A hand-sewn canvas hanging depicting a mask. Vibrant colors of paint sit atop sewn textures, and different shapes house areas of color.

Image courtesy of Pacita Abad Art Estate, shared with permission

Having created more than 5,000 paintings in her lifetime, traveled the world, and shown in over 200 exhibitions, Pacita Abad (1946-2004) was one of the most prolific and lauded Filipina-American artists. Now on view at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, her first retrospective showcases over 100 of her bold, distinctive works.

Abad was born in Basco, Batanes, the northernmost province of the Philippines. As her parents were politicians, the young artist initially had the aspirations of following in their diplomatic footsteps, and she avidly organized student demonstrations against the authoritarian Marcos regime, which eventually led to the political persecution of both Abad and her family. To escape this unrest and find security, her parents urged her to move overseas.

During what was initially a pit stop in California, Abads amazement with the unencumbered vibrancy and freedom of expression in San Francisco acted as a catalyst for her abundant life-long career. Informed by her experiences with despotism, political refuge, and immigration, Abad began to create work underscoring these disquietudes.

03:09

Elon Musk Tweets a Milady NFT, Floor Price Soars on OpenSea "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

Milady 8835 last sold for 0.35 ETH (about $1,000) on OpenSea. (Remilia, modified by CoinDesk)

02:56

Woman Finds Out Her Insurance Doesnt Cover Maternity at 25 Weeks Pregnant "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

I dont think it comes as too much of a surprise to anyone that healthcare in America is whack and everyday folks are getting screwed over every day.

A TikTok user that her pregnancy was not covered by her insurance shared a video about her experience that got people talking.

The woman, who is 36 weeks pregnant, said her pregnancy has been fineexcept for her insurance issues.

Screen Shot 2023 05 02 at 3.11.51 PM Woman Finds Out Her Insurance Doesnt Cover Maternity at 25 Weeks Pregnant

Photo Credit: TikTok

Things took a turn for the worse for the woman when she was billed $2,000 for a visit to a specialist that her OB/GYN referred her to.

But things took a turn when she said she was to referred to a specialist by her OB/GYN, and subsequently received an unexpected bill for $2,000 for the visit. She said she has been on her parents insurance policy because shes 25-years-old but found out her maternity care wasnt covered.

02:41

How We Render Reality: Attention as an Instrument of Love "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Since our consciousness plays some part in what comes into being, the play of attention can both create and destroy, but it never leaves its object unchanged.

How We Render Reality: Attention as an Instrument of Love

Whatever fundamental reality might exist, we live out our lives in a subjective reality defined by what we agree to attend to. An act of pure attention, if you are capable of it, will bring its own answer, D.H. Lawrence wrote. But we live largely in the territory of the unanswerable because there is no pure attention the aperture of our attention is constricted by myriad conditionings and focused by a brain honed on millions of years of evolutionary necessities, many of which we have long outgrown.

How the brain metes out attention and what that means for our intimacy with reality is what the philosophy-lensed British psychiatrist Iain McGilchrist takes up in his immense, in both senses of the word, book The Matter With Things: Our Brains, Our Delusions and the Unmaking of the World (public library) an investigation of how the very brain mechanisms which succeed in simplifying the world so as to subject it to our control militate against a true understanding of it, and what a richer understanding of those mechanisms can do for living in closer and more felicitous communion with reality. At its heart is the recognition that the whole is never the same as the sum of its parts and that there are in fact no parts as such, but that they are an artefact of a certain way of looking at the world.

02:41

Beste leden en vrienden "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Beste leden en vrienden. Ik wil het uwv en de belastingdienst al bedanken dat ze mee gaan werken. Het uwv gaat alle beslagleggingen controleren en stop zetten als onze vereniging Continue Reading

Het bericht Beste leden en vrienden verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

02:35

Scientists Use Brain Implants to Help Patients Regain Their Independence "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Scientists Use Brain Implants to Help Patients Regain Their Independence

Utah Array by Blackrock Neurotech

Photo: Blackrock Neurotech

For many years neuroscientists have been researching how they can use technology to enhance the lives of people suffering from paralysis and other serious medical issues. Typically, this involves a chip implanted in the patient's brain that can translate thoughts into actions. One company leading the way forward is Blackrock Neurotech. Based in Salt Lake City, they've already implanted 50 chips into patients in an effort to help a wide variety of neurological disorders.

They have several different devices, known as arrays, that can be used to treat everything from hearing loss and epilepsy to paralysis and traumatic brain injury. In 2014, four of its Utah Arrays were implanted into Nathan Copeland. Copeland had been involved in a serious car crash a decade earlier, in which he suffered a serious spinal injury. Two of the arrays were placed in the part of the brain responsible for processing sensory information, and two others were implanted into the area that controls motor functions. The arrays, which are made of hard silicon coated with a conductive metal, look like tiny square hairbrushes fitted with 100 needles.

Copeland is a pioneer in the technology, with his implants lasting well beyond their initial expectancy of five years. In fact, he holds the record for the longest chronic Utah Array implant. According to Blackrock Neurotech, Copeland has achieved sensory feedback due to the technology.

Thanks to the electrodes, he's been able to use a computer, play video games, and move a robotic arm using only his thoughts. When you have an accident like mine, and you are limited to what you can do, and limited in what you can interact within your environment, doing something like this is very cool and very rewarding, he shared.

Copeland has been one of the most visible faces of the technology, even sharing a...

02:12

Musical Hallucinations "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Sheet music of Don Giovanni. Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons. Licensed under CCO 3.0.

Don Giovanni keeps playing in my head, as if of its own accord. I wonder if I could be having musical hallucinations. I read an article about a woman who had musical hallucinations. She heard someone playing a piano outside the front door of her house. She went outside to look but nothing was there. The music played on, always vaguely nearby. Pretty soon the music was playing constantlylong passages from Rachmaninoff and Mozart.

She went to a doctor. Was she complaining? I wondered. I was already praying: Please let me have that disease where you hear a piano playing Mozart nonstop.

Time went on and she heard a marching band in the next room. A full church choir sang constantly in her kitchen. The doctors wondered: What would happen if she went to a concert? Would the concert drown out the music she was hallucinating, or would it all clash together in a musical storm?

It turned out that Bach fugues were able to drown out the music in her head. (Not surprising, since Bach fugues are the epitome of stern and strict, and would have the force to drown out everything else with their resolve.) But then the marching bands and the Rachmaninoff would start up again the minute the Bach fugues ended.

So if she listened to Bach fugues all day, then would she be normal? Or sort of normal?

The scientists attached electrodes to her head and tested her brain waves and looked forward to poring over the results, studying magnetic fields in her prefrontal cortex, etc. While the test was being administered, the woman was hallucinating a Gilbert and Sullivan opera. The scientists kept inserting the Bach to see if it canceled out the Gilbert and Sullivan

Meanwhile Im thinking I wish I had Gilbert and Sullivan operas and marching bands playing in my head. Musical hallucinationsIm praying for them. Id have to pick the program, though. Oriental foxtrots. Argentine tangos. Guatemalan rumbas. Scratchy old recordings of 1920s French jazz waltzes.

But it might be more like the time I went to Scotlan...

02:11

Hidden secret cult "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Hidden secret cult the family ive never heard of them until this video. She gives the credit for TikTok for spreading information so well now. Just the tip of another Continue Reading

Het bericht Hidden secret cult verscheen eerst op Take care 4.

01:37

U.S. CPI Inflation Falls to 4.9% in April; Bitcoin Rises Above $28K "IndyWatch Feed Crypto"

The April inflation report was released Wednesday morning (JLGutierrez/Getty Images)

01:34

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - Slosh "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Click here to go see the bonus panel!

Hovertext:
Weirdly, bing ai won't generate this story for me, so we may be OK.

Today's News:

01:30

01:29

How to Build an Outdoor Chair "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Learn how to build an Outdoor Chair with just 6 boards and just a few basic tools! Free plans and a how-to video by Shanty2Chic! I will NEVER buy outdoor furniture again! I am absolutely in love with my new outdoor patio set. I decided to give my outdoor space a glow up and that...

The post How to Build an Outdoor Chair appeared first on Shanty 2 Chic.

01:22

One Hundred Famous Views of Edo: Hiroshiges Seminal Series of Woodblock Prints Gets a Vibrant Reprint "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

A print by Hiroshige.

All images Utagawa Hiroshige, courtesy of Taschen

From the 17th through the 19th centuries, a genre of Japanese art called ukiyo-etranslating to pictures of the floating worldcentered on colorful depictions of landscapes, performers and sumo wrestlers, and scenes from folklore and history in vivid woodblock prints. Utagawa Hiroshige (1797-1858), one of the most renowned artists in the traditionand one of the lastwas famous for his chromatic vistas depicting recognizable features like blossoming cherry trees and the omnipresent snow-capped cone of Mount Fuji. His final project, an ambitious collection of 120 woodblock illustrations, became known as One Hundred Famous Views of Edo and depicts what is now Tokyo throughout the seasons.

A new reprint from Taschen pairs each of the artists remarkable prints with text by authors Lorenz Bichler and Melanie Trede, celebrating the scenery, the citys history, and Hiroshiges contribution to ukiyo-e. The authors highlight how the colorful depictions of the country helped define the Western worlds visual interpretation of Japan, referencing the influence of Japonisme on European decorative arts and painters like Vincent van Gogh, Edgar Degas, and James McNeill Whistler. The new edition is presented in a case and bound in a traditional Japanese style known as stab b...

01:20

The Sun of Saratoga (Altsheler) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Sun of Saratoga: A Romance of Burgoyne's Surrender (New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1897), by Joseph A. Altsheler (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)

The Hasty-Pudding (Barlow) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Hasty-Pudding: A Poem, in Three Cantos (with "A Memoir on Maize or Indian Corn"; New York: W. H. Graham, 1847), by Joel Barlow, contrib. by D. J. Browne (stable link)

Foundations of Algebraic Geometry (Weil) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Foundations of Algebraic Geometry (American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications v29; 1946), by Andr Weil (page images at HathiTrust; US access only)

Lattice Theory (Birkhoff) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Lattice Theory (American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications v25, revised edition; 1948), by Garrett Birkhoff (page images at HathiTrust)

O Livro das Soledades (Costa) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

O Livro das Soledades: Echos da Andaluzia (in Portuguese; Lisbon: Livraria Ferreira, 1889), by Fernandes Costa (page images at HathiTrust)

Winnie-the-Pooh (Milne) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Winnie-the-Pooh (large paper limited signed edition; New York: E. P. Dutton and Co., 1926), by A. A. Milne, illust. by Ernest H. Shepard (page images at Princeton)

Decisions of the United States Courts Involving Copyright (Library of Congress. Copyright Office) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Decisions of the United States Courts Involving Copyright, ed. by Library of Congress Copyright Office (partial serial archives)

Deutsche Bauzeitung "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Deutsche Bauzeitung (partial serial archives)

Die Fackel (Kraus) "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Die Fackel (in German), ed. by Karl Kraus (partial serial archives)

Faenza "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Faenza (in Italian) (partial serial archives)

Gazette of the United States "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Gazette of the United States (partial serial archives)

The Lancaster Gazette "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

The Lancaster Gazette (Ohio newspaper) (partial serial archives)

United Nations Says Ukraine & Russia Peace Talks Are Impossible "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

A United Nations chief has said that peace talks are impossible in Ukraine because both Kiev and Moscow are convinced that they will win the war. According to Antonio Guterres, this means neither side is willing to compromise.

According to a report by RT, in an interview published on Monday, Guterres said: Unfortunately, I believe that peace negotiations are not possible at this time. He explained that Russia seems unwilling at the moment to withdraw from the territories it occupies while Ukraine is hoping to retake them by force. He added that the UN is doing all it can to get Kiev and Moscow to negotiate in the current circumstances. He cited the grain deal, whose future is currently hanging in balance as Russia is refusing to renew it past May 18,  as the most important initiative so far.

But maybe the most important issue is actually the nuclear incident that could occur at any moment.

Russia Suspends Operations At Nuclear Power Plant Citing Provocations

Guterres claimed that high-ranking representatives are attempting to arrange a meeting of the parties involved in Istanbul to extend the grain deal. The official acknowledged that Moscows objections are justified, adding that while the export of food and fertilizers from the country is not under sanctions, it is effectively being blocked by indirect obstacles that remain.

Speaking to Trkiyes Haberturk TV on Sunday, Ibrahim Kalin, a top Turkish presidential adviser on foreign policy, opined that, This war will not end with positional gains, but with a new security agreement between the two global blocs. He argued that the current conflict is effectively a conflict between Russia and the collective West, which echoes Moscows position. RT

This war is not between Russia and Ukraine, but between Russia and the Western bloc. Cold War 2.0, Kalin explained. The Turkish official noted, however, that at present there is little chance for dialogue as the current international climate is in favor of war rather than peace.

On Sunday, Former United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger told CBS News that the conflict in Ukraine may be approaching a turning point. Kissinger predicted that peace talks under the auspices of China could take place by the end of 2023.

The European Union and the U.S. were quick to disregard a twelve-point peace plan proposed...

Which Laser Should You Buy? "IndyWatch Feed Diy"

Which Laser Should You Buy?

Makers are confronted with so many choices of laser cutters and engravers that it can be intimidating. Here's a rough outline of the main differences between the lasers on the market today.

The post Which Laser Should You Buy? appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

00:46

The formal introduction "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Hello survivalmonkey's, I'm glad to have found the site and hope to ad something of value to the forum. I have been 'prepping' almost my whole life, just that, back then, it wasn't called prepping it was called living. To me, prepping is not something that you decide to do as an occasional event, it's a way of living that you adopt and is done constantly and consistently, continually building, improving, and planning for tomorrow. We put back a little of this and that, we repair rather than...

The formal introduction

00:45

This Sports Bar in Portland Only Shows Womens Sports for an Important Reason "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

This Sports Bar in Portland Only Shows Womens Sports for an Important Reason

Very few women's sports receive the same TV coverage or even attention as their male counterparts. However, one venue is trying to change that fact. Based in Portland, Oregon, a woman-owned sports bar cleverly called The Sports Bra caters specifically to women and women's sports. Rather than show the most popular sport on the air, they only promote female athletes and their sports.

The Sports Bra has been in operation since April 2022 after the owner Jenny Nguyen had been nurturing the idea for a bar and restaurant where women and girls can enjoy sports. At first, I thought that The Bra would just be a place to celebrate women and girls in sports, Nguyen says. But now I see that it's highlighted and uplifted girls and women in so many different ways that is just amazing and beautiful to be a part of.

The Sports Bra says its mission is to make great food, delicious drinks, and provide a space that supports, empowers, and promotes girls and women in sports and in the community. In addition to offering cocktails, The Bra also serves meals like burgers and salads and hosts a number of community events. On their social media, they also regularly post schedules of what sports will be on TVranging anywhere from tennis to boxing. Additionally, part of the business' success comes from making space for younger fans as well. Until 10:30 p.m., minors are welcome to enjoy the atmosphere; plus, there is even a children's menu.

I want to normalize showing women's sports on TV, Nguyen continues. I want every bar, hotel, and restaurant to put on women's games like it was normal, but that also means having access to these games. If the m...

00:44

Our Store was Robbed! "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

We have done business with Osage County Guns, nice store and good folks.
Using a stolen car as a battering ram is a well-used tactic for the inner city pieces of shit
I recommend...Hanged, drawn and quartered for the perps..

Fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where he is then hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disemboweled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). His remains would then be displayed in...

Our Store was Robbed!

00:35

Understanding Schumann Resonance Blackouts "IndyWatch Feed Spiritual"

The Schumann Resonance (SR) is a naturally occurring electromagnetic resonance that exists within the Earth's ionosphere, created by the interaction of lightning strikes with the Earth's surface. It is a series of frequencies that oscillate at around 7.83 Hz and extend to the higher frequencies of 50 Hz. These frequencies are thought to have a significant impact on human consciousness and are believed to be responsible for many of the spiritual and psychic experiences that people report having.

The post Understanding Schumann Resonance Blackouts first appeared on In5D .

00:27

Meta Unveils Open-Source Multimodal Generative AI System "IndyWatch Feed Photography"

ImageBind

Meta has announced a new generative AI model called "ImageBind" that links together six different modalities; images, text, audio, depth, thermal, and IMU.

[Read More]

00:19

The Lion of Chaeronea "IndyWatch Feed Literature"

Heracles, having cast aside his club, wrecks the household of the sea god Nereus with a trident, as part of his attempt to extort from Nereus the location of the Apples of the Hesperides. Attic red-figure pelike by the painter Myson; ca. 490 BCE. Now in the Staatliche Antikensammlungen, Munich, Germany. Photo credit: ArchaiOptix/Wikimedia Commons.

00:14

Chachi Left "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

Happy Days star Scott Baio announces hes leaving California due to homeless crisis, crime
Even Chachi has had it. He could move here to Washington State but its sort of like California as well. I call it The Former Evergreen State. Yuck!

00:07

Antennas "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

mechstdr submitted a new resource:

Antennas - antenna theory and application

Read more about this resource...

00:00

Friedemann Schaub, M.D.: The Empowerment Solution "IndyWatch Feed Uncanny"

Break free from self-sabotaging survival patterns and transform your life

Discover the six keys to empowerment and take ownership of your life

Activate the healing power of your subconscious mind to accelerate change and growth and eliminate the root causes of chronic anxiety, depression, and other limiting mental and emotional challenges

Learn effective brain-rewiring methods and practical tools based on neuro-linguistic programming and clinical hypnotherapy

When youre struggling with anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem, just keeping your emotions in check seems like a full-time job. Yet, what may hold you back in life even more are your survival patterns. Have you ever wondered why you make yourself invisible, procrastinate, or please others to get their approval? Our subconscious employs survival patterns like these to protect us from rejection, failure, and hurt. However, living in subconscious survival mode has significant downsides: when we live just to survive, we become disconnected from our true selves and our innate ability to live an empowered life of purpose, fulfillment, and self-reliant confidence.

In this step-by-step guide, Friedemann Schaub, M.D., Ph.D., explores how to break free from the six most common survival patternsthe victim, invisibility, the procrastinator, the chameleon, the helper, and the loverby engaging the part of the mind that created them in the first place: the subconscious. Providing research-backed insights and brain- rewiring methods based on his 20 years experience, Dr. Friedemann details how, through activating the healing power of the subconscious, you can throw off the shackles of these self-sabotaging patterns and flip them into the six keys to self-empowerment, allowing you to take self-reliant ownership of your life. Revealing how to work with the subconscious mind and become the leader of your life, the author details how to free yourself from living in survival mode, learn to love and accept yourself, and make authenticity and confidence your everyday way of being.

Friedemann Schaub, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician, researcher, personal development coach, and the author of the award-winning book The Fear and Anxiety Solution. His research and advice have been featured in many publications, including Nature Medicine, Oprah Magazine, Huffington Post, Readers Digest, Teen Vogue, and Shape. He is the host of the Empowerment Solutions podcast and lives between Seattle, Washington, and the South of France.

Wednesday, 10 May

How To Make A Long-Term Financial Security Plan "IndyWatch Feed Survival"

I hope this article leaves you with a stronger sense of self-reliance, which is crucial in times of crisis. When emergencies arise, you can only rely on yourself and your immediate family, as theres no guarantee that the millions of caring individuals in the world will be able to assist you. To become more self-reliant, ... Read more...

Ethereal Street Art of a Woman in a Flower Crown Pops Up in London Underpass "IndyWatch Feed Arts"

Ethereal Street Art of a Woman in a Flower Crown Pops Up in London Underpass

SNIK Mural in London

Photo: Doug Gillen

After a two-year break from creating outdoor work in the UK, British street art duo SNIK is back. While the World Decays is the title of this mural, which sits in an underpass in South East London. Organized by London Calling Blog, the portrait of a woman in a flower crown is executed using stencils in their halftone style.

Thanks to documentation by several photographers, we're also able to see how SNIK brought their vision to life. Stencil art is all about preparation, and the photos show the duo carefully unrolling the paper stencil matrixes on the wall. After spraying the stencils, it's then all about touching up the gaps for a seamless final product.

This type of work looks even better from a distance, when the halftone effect is maximized and the woman's features pop. Her closed eyes and dreamy look falls in line with SNIK's ethereal portraiture, which is a modern twist on Pre-Raphaelite sensibilities.

Theirs is one of 100 pieces of street art introduced to the Penge neighborhood thanks to London Calling. Ben Eine, Stinkfish, and Alice Pasquini are just some of the numerous artists who have transformed this suburb into an open air museum.

Street art duo SNIK recently painted their first outdoor work in the UK in over two years.

SNIK While the World Decays

Photo: Doug Gillen

23:49

Surely the most fabulously intense exchange youll see on daytime TV this week "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

More of this sort of attitude on daytime TV, please. In fact, just more of this sort of attitude on TV full stop.

Its The Jeremy Vine Show over on Channel 5 where guest presenter, former Daily Star editor Dawn Neesom, was introducing guest, lawyer and author Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu.

Well, we say introducing, but she didnt get very far with her first effort. And what happened next was rather fabulous.

Thats better.

23:13

19 Foods Proven To Lower Blood Pressure "IndyWatch Feed Health"

19 Foods Proven To Lower Blood Pressure

Hypertension affects about 30% of adults worldwide. While most people try to cut back on salt to lower their pressure, a better strategy may be to add these healthy foods to the menu.   

Hypertension affects about 30% of adults worldwide. Among dietary factors salt has taken the brunt of the blame.  But sugar may be the real culprit in high blood pressure

read more

23:13

Video Journalist Killed by Rocket Fire in Ukraine "IndyWatch Feed Photography"

Arman Soldin an AFP jounralist who was killed in Ukraine

The AFP news agency has announced the death of its Ukraine video coordinator Arman Soldin who was killed by rocket fire in the country on Tuesday.

[Read More]

23:11

Stephen Flynns double takedown of Rishi Sunak was a proper cracker "IndyWatch Feed Satire"

Not the first time weve featured Stephen Flynn, the leader of the SNP in the House of Commons, in these pages, and it wont be the last.

The SNP man has quickly become very adept at taking down the prime minister, Rishi Sunak, and Wednesdays PMQs was no exception.

Boom!

If only Sunaks answer had matched the quality of the question, although thats becoming a familiar pattern right now.

It took us back to the PMQs when Flynn did this.

And this.

22:51

Doctors recognize the importance of gender reassignment surgery... "IndyWatch Feed Comics"

Doctors recognize the importance of gender reassignment surgery of trans youths at a young age helps against depression and self harm caused by body dysmorphia.

AGC 

- logger

22:46

These 11 Natural Substances Fight Fibromyalgia "IndyWatch Feed Health"

Fibromyalgia is a complicated and multiple symptom syndrome that is difficult to treat, but alternative medicine may help immensely

read more

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary Archiver

IndyWatch Community Resources All Topics Summary was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog