IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Monday, 15 May

00:00

Detransition, Retransition, and What Everyone Gets Wrong Science-Based Medicine

A article published in The Atlantic implored people to take detransitioners seriously but did so by perpetuating non-evidence-based tropes that harm both detransitioners and transgender people

The post Detransition, Retransition, and What Everyone Gets Wrong first appeared on Science-Based Medicine.

Sunday, 14 May

13:57

Botoxs Ugly Side Effects Run Deeper Than Skin, Alter Mind & Numb Emotion GreenMedInfo

Millions around the world have, and no doubt will continue to receive Botox injections, but this increasingly popular 'beauty' strategy has a dark side: it doesn't only deaden facial nerves and muscles; it may also alter human cognition, emotion, and possibly empathy as well.

read more

10:00

Makes You Age Faster, Even if You Look OK Now Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published December 23, 2018.

In this interview, Bruce Ames, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus of biochemistry and molecular biology at the University of California Berkeley, currently senior scientist at the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute, discusses the importance of vitamins and minerals for longevity and explains his "triage theory" of nutrients.

Ames was born two weeks after my dad, who passed away earlier this year, so he is 90 years old. He developed the famous and widely used Ames test, which tests the mutagenicity of compounds. In recent years, he's shifted from his work in mutagenicity to focusing on nutrition for healthy aging. He recently published a paper1 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) on this topic.

Disease Prevention Not the Same as Longevity Optimization

In that paper, he proposes the recommended level of many vitamins may be insufficient for longevity. In other words, the levels required to diminish disease may not be the same as the levels required to optimize longevity. Ames explains:

"In 2006, I was getting interested in vitamins. I worked on mitochondria, which are the organelles in the cell that make all your adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the high-energy molecule that drives your metabolism. But one of the side effects is it bleeds out oxidants. Oxidants are mutagenic. They can damage DNA.

They can damage protein and other molecules, just like radiation. Some of the same oxidants that come from radiation also come from your own aging mitochondria. It decays with age. Anyway, I was thinking, If vitamin C and vitamin E do all those good things, I wonder about the other vitamins.'

I started thinking about it, and it occurred to me that the body is becoming deficient in vitamins all the time, because people dont eat balanced diets. They fill themselves up with sugary soft drinks and empty carbohydrates, which dont have any vitamins.

You need 30 different vitamins and minerals Your body cannot make minerals. You have to get them from your diet. The same thing with vitamins."

In 2006, he published a purely theoretical paper2 in which he postulated that when a cell becomes short on a vitamin, it starts to ration it, favoring protein enzymes essential for immediate survival over those that help prevent long-term diseases such as cancer and heart disease.

E...

Reverse Engineering the Propaganda Machine Articles

In this interview, Michelle Stiles reviews some of the basic tools of propaganda, which is the topic of her book, One Idea to Rule Them All: Reverse Engineering American Propaganda. Its a pertinent and apt topic in light of what's been going on over the last few years, as we attempt to understand how we've been manipulated and brainwashed.

If you can understand that, then you can prevent it from happening again in the future, and you can help other people to break free from the indoctrination as well. Stiles includes the following quote from George Orwell in the book:

"In the age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Thats really our battle today, as we fight against a truly unprecedented disinformation campaign, where the liars are claiming that everyone else is giving out misinformation, basically turning truth on its head.

Most of you are aware that I was given top billing on the Center for Countering Digital Hates (CCDH) disinformation dozen list, which is a true testament to the credibility Ive built over the past 25 years. They see me as a real threat to their propaganda machine, and its no small honor to be recognized as someone whos telling the truth in this age of misinformation.

Legacy Media Were Never Deserving of Our Trust

While propaganda takes many forms, mainstream media play a crucial role. Many people my age would agree that we used to believe the media were a trusted source of information. But no more. Investigative journalism within mainstream media doesnt exist anymore. Theyre all just talking heads, reading from scripts, which is why they all sound the same, even reiterating the same sentences verbatim.

The good news is that people are starting to catch on, and trust in mainstream media has dropped to an all-time low. In her book, Stiles presents the historical view of media, and how its changed over time. By the early 1900s literally a century ago journalists like Upton Sinclair and George Seldes were discussing the corruption of the media, how they were owned by big business with a profit agenda, and how they were not dealing squarely with investigative reporters.

They were trying to tell as many people as they could, but they couldn't get it out there, Stiles says. And then, journalists, they were created through the schools. We had to have a degree to get into it. So now you're sort of captive. You can't really blow the whistle without blowing up your career. So that impacts it because nobody can tell the truth. And if you do come out, it's a long road to getting your own reputation set up and your ow...

James Corbett on Technocratic Control and the Dangers of AI Articles

In this video, I interview investigative journalist James Corbett about false narratives, the global takeover by technocracy, controlled opposition and the dangers of artificial intelligence, as well as the solutions to these and other challenges.

Corbetts journalism career began in the aftermath of 9/11, when he became overwhelmed to discover that we are constantly lied to through the mainstream media. 9/11 was his red pill moment, and he hasnt stopped digging for the truth since.

The discrepancy between the things that I was finding online versus what was being reported on the evening news just started getting wider and wider, he says, to the point where I felt that ... I had to insert myself in that conversation. So that's the reason we're talking today.

In 2007, Corbett launched his website, CorbettReport.com. One of his hallmarks, both in his documentaries and regular reports, is impeccable citations of sources.

I always put up the transcript with the hyperlinks to the source documents for every single quotation, every video clip, everything that I'm playing, he says. I want to direct people back to the source material so that they can research it for themselves.

I know, as a researcher myself who does this for a living, that's incredibly valuable. I very much appreciate it when other people do it, so I'm trying to set that example in the alternative media.

Can the Global Takeover Be Derailed?

Corbett is also featured on Good Morning CHD with Dr. Meryl Nass once a month, an online news show by Childrens Health Defense.

It's a valuable way, for both of us, to continue keeping our eye on the ball of the World Health Organization and its latest machinations ... of the global pandemic treaty and the international health regulations (IHR) amendments that they're working on right now, which really could be the hardwiring of the biosurveillance infrastructure, Corbett says.

When asked whether he believes the pandemic treaty and/or the IHR amendments can be stopped, Corbett replies:

Well, they are planning on unleashing the global pandemic treaty on the world at the World Health Assembly (WHA) next year, May of 2024. And preparatory to that, they're going to be holding a World Health Assembly this month, at which they'll be talking about the draft of the treaty and the draft of the IHR amendments and other such developments.

09:54

Google Introduces Plan to Use Generative AI to Take Over the Internet AIs Real Threat to Society Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy
Editor, Health Impact News

Google announced its new plans for AI this week at their annual I/O developer conference, and to say that not everyone in the Tech Industry was thrilled by their plans to integrate Generative AI into their search engine, would be an understatement.

Emily Dreibelbis, writing for PC Magazine, published one of the more apocalyptic articles warning that Google could basically destroy most websites on the Internet.

Why Googles New ChatGPT-Style Search Could Kill the Websites That Feed It

Google just previewed its chatbot-style vision for the future of web search results. But if it mines publications hard work without compensating them, many may not survive this shift.

The typical PCMag product reviewers home is a web of wires and blinking LEDs from laptops, smartwatches, and scores of other gadgets. Analysts spend weeks performing hands-on testing to produce in-depth buying guides that help readers get the most from technology.

But what if that wealth of content is reduced to grist for a bigger mill? Googles new AI search experience pushes links to articles below the digital fold, summarizing the response to a search query up top as a conversational, ChatGPT-style paragraph. Content in the answer, a mini-article in itself, can theoretically come from PCMag and a host of other publications.

To start, this AI experience will only apply to searches for which Google algorithms can produce helpful results, The Verge reports. But its unclear how many searches that will cover, and whether Google will compensate or cite its sources. The company has said only that its committed to continue sending valuable traffic to sites across the web.

Writers watching a live demo of the new experience at Googles I/O conference found it chilling. Did Google receive that e-bike and set it up? asks Angela Moscaritolo, PCMags health and fitness expert. She reviewed the Aventon Aventure Ebike, which the demo suggested for commuters as good for hi...

09:54

Google Introduces Plan to Use Generative AI to Take Over the Internet AIs Real Threat to Society Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

Google announced its new plans for AI this week at their annual I/O developer conference, and to say that not everyone in the Tech Industry was thrilled by their plans to integrate Generative AI into their search engine, would be an understatement.

Emily Dreibelbis, writing for PC Magazine, published one of the more apocalyptic articles warning that Google could basically destroy most websites on the Internet.

Google just previewed its chatbot-style vision for the future of web search results. But if it mines publications hard work without compensating them, many may not survive this shift.

The typical PCMag product reviewers home is a web of wires and blinking LEDs from laptops, smartwatches, and scores of other gadgets. Analysts spend weeks performing hands-on testing to produce in-depth buying guides that help readers get the most from technology.

But what if that wealth of content is reduced to grist for a bigger mill? Googles new AI search experience pushes links to articles below the digital fold, summarizing the response to a search query up top as a conversational, ChatGPT-style paragraph. Content in the answer, a mini-article in itself, can theoretically come from PCMag and a host of other publications.

To start, this AI experience will only apply to searches for which Google algorithms can produce helpful results, The Verge reports. But its unclear how many searches that will cover, and whether Google will compensate or cite its sources. The company has said only that its committed to continue sending valuable traffic to sites across the web.

Writers watching a live demo of the new experience at Googles I/O conference found it chilling. Did Google receive that e-bike and set it up? asks Angela Moscaritolo, PCMags health and fitness expert. She reviewed the Aventon Aventure Ebike, which the demo suggested for commuters as good for hi...

09:11

Google Introduces Plan to Use Generative AI to Take Over the Internet AIs Real Threat to Society Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

08:59

To Motherhood, With Love Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Mother mug
By Cathy Jameson

Photo: A gift from my husband - received on Mothers Day, 2001, while pregnant with my oldest.

Many of my friends started their families long before I did.  I loved watching them welcome new life into their homes and wanted so much to have a family of my own as well.  All my life Ive wanted to be a mom.  In 2001, my wish came true.  My first baby arrived.

Labor started Tuesday evening.  It ended Thursday afternoon.  To describe my labor experience as being long is inaccurate.  It was excruciating.  But like other mothers say, eventually you forget about the nerves, the anxiety, and that excruciating pain.  

All of that is quickly replaced by a new emotion:  pure love. 

Those other mothers were right.  I instantly fell in love with my little girl.  She and I would spend all day together.  Sometimes we would spend all night together, too.  Not the best sleeper in the world, I had to learn how to soothe a fussy newborn who had some nursing issues.  Without a good latch, I learned, my baby wasnt getting a good feeding.  She struggled.  I struggled.  She was tired.  I was tired.  It was frustrating.  And painful!  

But, within a few weeks, we finally both got the hang of it. 

Before giving birth, I had been teaching full time.  I taught for many years and enjoyed every minute of it.  After the baby arrived, I was fortunate to not have to go back to work.  Grateful to have extra time, I eased into motherhood with my daughter. 

Life as a full-time mom was completely different, but it was a good different.  Each day was mine to plan.  Each moment was ours to create.  My daughter and I spent a lot of time in our small apartment during her first few months of life, but eventually we ventured out.  We went into town to do errands in the morning.  We strolled around the neighborhood in the afternoon.  Some days, wed meet my husband for lunch.  Wed sometimes plan meetups with friends, too.  When we didnt go out, I read, and the baby played with her baby toys.  Then we napped. 

I loved being a Mom and couldnt remember what life was like before having a baby.  Im Mom to five babies now.  Theyre not wee anymore, but theyll always be...

07:43

Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, May 13, 2023, #405 Geoengineering Watch

Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org While large regions of Canada and Siberia bake and burn, flash flooding, extreme hail and tornadoes are hammering Texas, the southern border and much of the Central US. Along the US West Coast, weather and temperature whiplash has taken a toll with up to fifty degree temperature swings in a day. Colliding hot and cold air

Saturday, 13 May

20:00

The Medicalization of the American Mind Mad In America

In their highly influential, best-selling book, The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure, Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt identify lies that they claim underlie Americas increasing social and personal dysfunction.  Lukianoff is the president of the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE), which in many ways is replacing the ACLU as a leader in the fight to protect free speech.  Haidt, a professor of social psychology at NYU, is also the best-selling author of The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion.

In The Coddling, Lukianoff and Haidt try to identify the causes of the increase in anxiety, suicidality, and general excessive fragility of American college students, especially since 2013.  They conclude that the fragility they identify in iGens (members of the Internet Generation) is due to a number of causes:  Helicopter parenting, a tendency to overreact to risks, and a general philosophy of safetyism.  They show how the various forms of excessive protectionism dont allow children to develop a sense of their own anti-fragility.  But one cause of the problem that they leave out is the effect of pathologizing of our children with psychiatric diagnoses, which in turn leads to the attempt to solve lifes problems by administering psychiatric drugs.

Close up of two hands circling a group of wooden figurines on a table

Anti-fragility and safetyism

Anti-fragility is developed through the experience of overcoming problems and obstacles.  Like peanut allergies that are rare in children who ate peanuts when they were youngand thus relatively rare in China where food is often cooked in peanut oila childs developing psyche needs to be exposed to challenges in order to develop a sense of the...

Happy Mother's Day Weekend Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Retro needs lastHappy Mother's Day weekend. WE SEE YOU.
Cathy will be here tomorrow with something cheerier.  Its not wrong, though! XOX

Related Stories

How to End the Autism Epidemic Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published September 16, 2018.

In this interview, J.B. Handley, founder of Generation Rescue, discusses autism and what he believes can be done to help turn this tragic trend around. This is also the topic of his book, "How to End the Autism Epidemic."

A Parent's Worst Nightmare

Handley's son has autism, and his personal experience ultimately motivated him to write this book. He describes the family's experience, and what led them to take a nonconventional approach to their son's treatment:

"My wife and I were what I would characterize as very mainstream parents, which meant that when our second son was born in 2002, we basically handed him to our pediatrician and did whatever he told us to do, which meant following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) recommended [vaccine] schedule.

We started to watch our son decline physically after every vaccine appointment at 2 months, at 4 months, at 6 months and at 12 months. He got eczema. His belly became distended. He had sleep disturbances. He had dark circles under his eyes. We kept going back into the doctor and saying, 'What's going on? What's happening with him? Where is this coming from?'

We could never get a plausible explanation for what was happening. Then, shortly after my son turned 1 year old, he started to decline neurologically. He lost his words. He lost many of his normal mannerisms. He started doing these really unusual behaviors.

He started craving certain foods all these things that somebody like you knows are red flags for a child heading towards autism. But at the time, we were ignorant to this and our pediatrician didn't help us at all.

We were living in Northern California. We took our son to University of California San Francisco (UCSF) where they diagnosed him with severe autism. At the same time, we visited a Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) doctor in Pleasanton Dr. Lynne Mielke.

We were presented with two completely different worlds. At UCSF, autism was genetic. It was lifelong. He was likely to be institutionalized. There was nothing we could do about it, except to prepare ourselves.

But in Pleasanton, thirty miles away, autism was triggered by vaccines. It was an environmental illness. If you vetted the diet and started to do things differently, some of these children recovered completely. Here's...

Does Peppermint Oil Work for Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Articles

The International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders1 estimates up to 10% of the population worldwide has irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Yet, as Dr. Michael Greger notes in this short video, a 2005 study2 revealed that 76.6% of people in the U.S. with IBS are undiagnosed. This means the number of people with IBS is likely much higher.

It is important to know that ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are different types of inflammatory bowel disease. While the terms inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome are sometimes used interchangeably, they are separate conditions that require different treatments. Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis are forms of inflammatory bowel disease but not IBS.

IBS is a chronic condition that changes your bowel habits and may trigger pain, cramping, changes in consistency and frequency of bowel movements and bloating.3 As Greger notes4 from a paper5 published in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, doctors underestimate the impact of IBS on quality of life.

When measured, health-related quality of life was worse in people with IBS than in those with gastroesophageal reflux disease, diabetes and end-stage renal disease. So, the first step toward successful treatment is for doctors to acknowledge the condition and not dismiss the patient as just hysterical or something, says Greger.6

IBS: Unmet Therapeutic Need

While many people do not voluntarily discuss their bowel habits with their physician, Greger notes that another reason people may not seek medical treatment is the lack of effective options from Western medicine physicians. There is no cure for IBS. The only pharmaceutical options available are drugs that reduce the symptoms.

Yet, as Greger notes,7 drugs that are typically used to treat IBS have significant side effects. Antispasmodic drugs can lead to dizziness, confusion, blurred vision, an increased risk of falling and dry mouth. Other medications on the market used to treat IBS include:8

Consolidating Control Articles

The recent U.S. banking crisis is no longer making headlines but its about to enter an even more troubling phase, according to finance guru Catherine Austin Fitts publisher of The Solari Report.1

In an interview with Whitney Webb, host of Unlimited Hangout, Fitts discusses how central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) will consolidate control of the financial system ultimately leading to control of the world population. Webb says:2

Essentially, it seems that the current calm on the surface has allowed the powers that be, or rather the financial powers that be, to kick the can down the road, giving them time to line things up so they can control and manage the situation once chaos and panic return.

Yet, regardless of if, and when, another crisis rears its head, the aftermath is likely to be seen as an opportunity by the powers that be to roll out or dramatically advance the long-awaited central bank digital currency, or CBDC paradigm.

A Dangerous Push to Consolidate Banking Deposits

When Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), the 16th largest in the U.S.,3 collapsed in March 2023, Fitts believes it was due to a predatory run, a takedown. It really did look like a combination of short sellers and an engineered run, she says. Normally, one of the functions of the central bank is to help a bank in that position. But what we saw, in fact, was lead banks in New York Fed that own and control the New York Fed, engineering the run.4

This highlights the risks inherent even in large banks, where the majority of the problems lie, Fitts says. Yet, the corporate media pushes the idea that you must put all your money with the major banks to keep it safe. That is very dangerous, Fitts says.5

There is a real push to consolidate the banking deposits We saw the pand...

09:44

Berkshire Hathaway Investor Arrested by Warren Buffet at Shareholder Meeting for Pointing out Ties to Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein Medical Kidnap

Peter Flaherty was arrested at a Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting after slamming Bill Gates woke philanthropy and meetings with Jeffrey Epstein. Image source.

Comments by Brian Shilhavy

Peter Flaherty, who is chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center and also a shareholder in Warren Buffets Berkshire Hathaway company, was arrested during Berkshire Hathaways annual shareholders meeting last weekend for proposing that Warren Buffet should step aside as Chairman of the Board and CEO so someone else who was not tied to Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein could lead the company.

I was treated like any other criminal, fingerprinted, handcuffed, Flaherty said. Ive always been courteous with decorum at the annual shareholder meetings. I didnt raise my voice. I was not disruptive. (Source.)

As we have previously reported, Warren Buffet was one of the main board members funding the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation just after the foundation started. The Foundation basically owns the World Health Organization. See:

Who Owns the World Health Organization and Their Plan to Vaccinate and Digitally Track Every Human Being on the Planet?

Flaherty said Buffet had donated tens of billions to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, add...

09:44

Berkshire Hathaway Investor Arrested by Warren Buffet at Shareholder Meeting for Pointing out Ties to Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein Vaccine Impact

Peter Flaherty was arrested at a Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting after slamming Bill Gates woke philanthropy and meetings with Jeffrey Epstein. Image source.

Peter Flaherty, who is chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center and also a shareholder in Warren Buffets Berkshire Hathaway company, was arrested during Berkshire Hathaways annual shareholders meeting last weekend for proposing that Warren Buffet should step aside as Chairman of the Board and CEO so someone else who was not tied to Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein could lead the company.

I was treated like any other criminal, fingerprinted, handcuffed, Flaherty said. Ive always been courteous with decorum at the annual shareholder meetings. I didnt raise my voice. I was not disruptive. (Source.)

As we have previously reported, Warren Buffet was one of the main board members funding the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation just after the foundation started. The Foundation basically owns the World Health Organization. See:

Who Owns the World Health Organization and Their Plan to Vaccinate and Digitally Track Every Human Being on the Planet?

Flaherty said Buffet had donated tens of billions to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, add...

09:06

Berkshire Hathaway Investor Arrested by Warren Buffet at Shareholder Meeting for Pointing out Ties to Bill Gates and Jeffrey Epstein Health Impact News

08:10

Researchers Have Found A Way To Regrow Teeth Healthy Holistic Living

The need for artificial teeth may become obsolete in the future due to the discovery of an antibody that triggers the regrowth of missing teeth. This antibody works by blocking the function of a gene known as USAG-1, thereby enhancing the presence of specific growth factors. This could, in time, offer people the opportunity to naturally regrow a brand new set of gleaming teeth.

In a study published in Science Advances, a group of scientists explain their successful experiment of inducing tooth growth in genetically modified mice. These mice were engineered to exhibit tooth agenesis, a condition where some teeth fail to develop. However, when pregnant mice from this lineage were injected with the USAG-1 antibody, their offspring demonstrated normal tooth development. Remarkably, a single dose of the antibody even prompted the growth of an entirely new tooth in regular mice.

The researchers decided to focus on the USAG-1 gene as it is known to suppress two signaling molecules, BMP and Wnt, which are crucial to tooth development. However, these molecules also regulate the growth of numerous other organs, hence any interference might lead to serious side effects.

During the research, the team examined a range of monoclonal antibodies that modify the interaction between USAG-1, BMP, and Wnt. Some of these caused severe birth defects, but they eventually identified a specific antibody that blocked the genes association with BMP without affecting Wnt.

This discovery enabled them to trigger tooth growth without any adverse side effects. The researchers concluded that USAG-1 impedes tooth growth by binding to BMP and reducing its activity.

Study author Katsu Takahashi said in a statement, We knew that suppressing USAG-1 benefits tooth growth. What we didnt know was whether it would be sufficient. The teams findings suggest that inhibiting the genes activity allows for a sufficient increase in BMP to stimulate new teeths growth.

While this method is far from being ready for human trials, the scientists did test the antibody on ferrets, which have dental patterns similar to humans. They are also diphyodont, meaning they have a set of milk teeth that are later replaced by adult teeth.

The results showed that the treatment was equally effective in ferrets, with a single injection of the antibody leading to the generation of a whole new tooth. This implies that the method could potentially work in humans, though safety concerns must be addressed before such tests can occur. For the time being, the researchers aim to replicate the experiment on other mammals, such as pigs and dogs.

The research team is optimistic that their groundbreaking work with the USAG-1 antibody could lay the foundation for future dental treatments, particularly for those suffering from tooth loss due to age or disea...

07:25

Ginsenoside Rh2 exhibits antiproliferative activity against non-small cell lung cancer cells. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Cancer Med. 2023 Apr 20. Epub 2023 Apr 20. PMID: 37081781 Abstract Title:  Ginsenoside Rh2 attenuates the progression of non-small cell lung cancer by sponging miR-28-5p/STK4 axis and inactivating Wnt/-catenin signaling. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Ginsenoside Rh2 (G-Rh2) exerts anti-tumor activity in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). microRNAs (miRNAs, miRs) play pivotal roles in NSCLC. We aimed to investigate whether G-Rh2 inhibited NSCLC progression by targeting miRNA.METHODS: Cell viability, apoptosis and cycle were determined by Cell Counting Kit-8, 6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI) staining and flow cytometry. The potential target miRNAs of G-Rh2 were screened by real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR). The difference in miR-28-5p expression between lung adenocarcinoma (LUAD) tissues and normal tissues or lung squamous cell carcinoma (LUSC) tissues and normal tissues was retrieved from TCGA-LUAD and TCGA-LUSC, respectively. Kaplan-Meier Plotter was conducted to analyze the survival rate for different serine/threonine-protein kinase 4 (STK4) expressions with different prognostic risks. immunohistochemistry of STK4 expression in non-tumor and tumor tissues was analyzed from the HPA database. RT-qPCR and Western blot were adopted for detecting mRNA and protein expression. TargetScan V7.2, miRanda and PITA were adopted for predicting targets of miR-28-5p, overlapped genes were subjected to GO analysis. The interactions of miR-28-5p-Wnt and miR-28-5p-STK4 were detected by TOP/FOP luciferase reporter assay and dual luciferase reporter assay, respectively.RESULTS: Current study observed that G-Rh2 reduced miR-28-5p expression in NSCLC cells dose-dependently. miR-28-5p was upregulated in NSCLC tissues and cells. The target genes of miR-28-5p were enriched in negative regulation of Wnt signaling. miR-28-5p inhibitor inactivated Wnt signaling, inhibited cell viability and cell cycle, while enhanced cell apoptosis of NSCLC cells by targeting STK4. G-Rh2 exerted the similar effects with miR-28-5p inhibitor by reducing miR-28-5p. G-Rh2 and miR-28-5p inhibitor exerted a synergistic effect on inhibiting NSCLC tumor growth.CONCLUSION: In conclusion, G-Rh2 attenuates NSCLC development by affecting miR-28-5p/STK4 axis and inactivating Wnt signaling. Taken together, we project out a novel therapeutic target for NSCLC.

read more

06:38

Statins increase the risk of diabetes by 38% Study Shows Healthy Holistic Living

As reported by a 2020 US Department of Health and Human Services study, in 2018, 34.1 million American adults were living with diagnosed or undiagnosed diabetes. Men and non-Hispanic white individuals represented the majority of these diabetes cases.

Just two years later, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of adults living with diabetes, both diagnosed and undiagnosed, increased to 37.3 million. Moreover, 96 million people aged 18 and above are prediabetic, which translates to 38% of the American adult population.

This data suggests that diabetes has reached epidemic levels in the United States. A study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology noted that adults using statin drugs to regulate cholesterol levels demonstrated a heightened risk of developing insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes compared to the general population. However, no concrete evidence has been found linking high cholesterol levels to cardiovascular disease risk.

As discussed in previous articles, three factors significantly affect the risk of cardiovascular disease, often being interconnected. These factors are insulin resistance, chronic inflammation, and elevated iron levels. Regrettably, conventional medicine practitioners tend to overlook these contributing factors in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.

Statins, or cholesterol-lowering medications, are the primary treatment strategy in Western medicine and are often deemed the most cost-effective drug. Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, a general practitioner in Cheshire, England, and author of three books, including Statin Nation: Damaging Millions in a Brave New Post-Health World, estimates that the pharmaceutical industry has made over a trillion dollars from statins.

Statins Elevate Diabetes Risk by 38%

A study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology by a team from the Erasmus University Medical Center in the Netherlands demonstrated a correlation between statin use and diabetes. The study focused on blood sugar traits related to type 2 diabetes.
The Rotterdam study included 9,535 non-diabetic participants. Over 15 years, they discovered that statin users had higher fasting serum insulin concentrations and insulin resistance than non-users.

This resulted in a 38% increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The researchers concluded that statin users could face an increased risk of developing hyperglycemia, insulin resistance, and consequently, type 2 diabetes. Preventive strategies such as maintaining blood glucose levels and weight loss upon initiating statin therapy could help reduce diabetes risk.

The specific mechanism by which statins trigger type 2 diabetes remains unidentified and may not be linked to obesity. Scientists have identified a condition called metabolic obesity with normal weight (MONW), a subset of the population that develops insulin se...

06:20

The results revealed the antifungal activity of oregano. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Microbiol Spectr. 2023 Mar 27 ;11(2):e0512422. Epub 2023 Mar 27. PMID: 36971589 Abstract Title:  Effect of Vapor-Phase Oregano Essential Oil on ResistantSpecies Biofilms: Mechanisms of Action. Abstract:  Vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) is one of the most prevalent vaginal infectious diseases. The increasing incidence of drug-resistantstrains and the limited therapeutic options make the discovery of effective alternative therapies fundamental. Essential oils (EOs) have been suggested as a promising alternative, and interestingly, vapor-phase essential oils (VP-EOs) present more advantages than their direct application. Thus, this study aims to evaluate the effect of oregano VP-EO (VP-OEO) on biofilms of antifungal-resistant vaginal isolates of dspecies (Candida albicans and Candida glabrata) and determine its mode of action. CFU, membrane integrity, and metabolic activity were evaluated. Furthermore, a reconstituted vaginal epithelium was used to mimic vaginal conditions and evaluate the effect of VP-OEO onspecies infection, analyzed by DNA quantification, microscopy, and lactate dehydrogenase activity. The results revealed high VP-OEO antifungal activity. There was a significant reduction (>4 log CFU) inspecies biofilms. Furthermore, the results show that the mechanisms of action of VP-OEO are related to membrane integrity and metabolic activity. The epithelium model confirms the effectiveness of VP-OEO. This study suggests that VP-EO can be considered a first approach for the development of an alternative form of VVC treatment.This work presents a new approach to the application of essential oils, exposure to the vapor phase, which can be considered a first approach for the development of a complementary or alternative form of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) treatment. VVC is a significant infection caused byspecies and remains a common disease that affects millions of women every year. The great difficulty in treating VVC and the extremely limited effective therapeutic options make the development of alternative treatments crucial. In this scope, this study aims to contribute to the development of effective, inexpensive, and nontoxic strategies for the prevention and treatment of this infectious disease, based on natural products. Moreover, this new approach has several advantages for women, such as lower costs, easy access, an easier mode of application, avoidance of skin contact, and, therefore, fewer negative impacts on women's health.

read more

05:11

The best natural remedies for acid reflux Healthy Holistic Living

Americans shell out an astonishing $13 billion annually on over-the-counter and prescription proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), the most prevalent anti-reflux drugs on the market. 1

These PPIs, including prescription drugs like Nexium, Prevacid, and Prilosec, curb acid production and are employed in the treatment of acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which affects nearly 20% of the US population.

Even though these medications are designed for short-term use, doctors often prescribe them for extended periods.

If you frequently suffer from heartburn or acid reflux, its important to note that studies indicate that making dietary modifications can be more effective in managing acid reflux than medication.
By consuming unprocessed food and repopulating your gut microbiome with good bacteria, either through traditionally fermented foods or a superior quality probiotic supplement, you can recalibrate your digestive system and potentially eliminate the need for PPIs and other drugs. Moreover, there are several natural remedies available that can help manage this condition.

The use of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) has been linked with serious health problems

PPIs inhibit the bodys proton pump that produces hydrochloric acid, which is crucial for breaking down proteins in the gut. Lowering acid levels can affect nutrient absorption and increase the risk of dysbiosis, an imbalance in the gut microbiome.

Studies have shown that the use of PPIs and H2 blockers can increase the risk of intestinal infections. This is because these medications suppress the production of stomach acid, which is essential for warding off infections. The symptoms of these bacterial infections include diarrhea, severe abdominal cramps, and vomiting, which can lead to serious and life-threatening conditions.

Furthermore, research has associated PPIs with dementia. It has been observed that people over 75 who regularly consume PPIs have a 44% increased risk of dementia. PPIs are believed to increase the production of beta-amyloid plaques in the brain while decreasing the bodys ability to clear them.

Long-term use of PPIs has also been linked to heart attacks and other serious conditions like chronic kidney disease, increased risk of death, heart disease, bone fractures, and vitamin B12 deficiency. Its important to consult with your doctor if you have been taking them for a long period and are concerned about these potential risks.

Understanding reflux

Reflux happens when stomach contents flow back into the esophagus, leading to irritation of the esophageal lining due to stomach acid. This condition is also known as:

• acid indigestion
  • acid regurgitation
  • Heartburn

If you experience symptoms of acid reflux more than twice a week, you likely have reflux disease, or GERD, which comes with bloating, heartburn, and digestive...

04:10

Leading OB-GYN Group Took $11 Million From CDC to Push COVID Shots on Pregnant Women, Documents Reveal GreenMedInfo

Originally published on www.childrenshealthdefense.org by Brenda Baletti, Ph.D.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention bankrolled the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists to the tune of $11 million to promote COVID-19 vaccination as "safe and effective" for pregnant women, according to an investigation published this week by attorney Maggie Thorp.

read more

03:30

'The Big Catch-up': Chelsea Clinton Partners With WHO, Gates Foundation on 'Largest Childhood Immunization Effort Ever' GreenMedInfo

Originally Published on www.childrenshealthdefense.org by Michael Nevradakis, Ph.D.

"The Big Catch-up" initiative, described by the World Health Organization as a "targeted global effort to boost vaccination among children following declines driven by the COVID-19 pandemic," will last 18 months.

read more

03:00

What I Learned as a Moderator for an Antidepressant Taper Support Group Mad In America

I was a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for 28 years. For 18 of those years, I was an LCSW in a psychiatric hospital that had both inpatient and outpatient units. All patients were on psychiatric medications, and most were on multiple drugs, i.e., antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and/or antipsychotic meds. I never heard about withdrawal syndromes or the need to taper off the medications. Side effects were treated not by taking a person off the drug, but by prescribing more medications to treat the side effects.

My education about psychiatric medications and withdrawal began when I tried to go off the antidepressant Cymbalta. I had developed chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) while working in the psychiatric hospital, and a psychiatrist I worked with said Cymbalta was a good drug for CFS. I did not have pain or depression, but I started taking Cymbalta based on his recommendation. I had taken antidepressants in the past but had not been on an antidepressant for a few years when I began to take Cymbalta.

cymbalta taper

I had taken Prozac, Effexor, Zoloft, and Wellbutrin for mild depression. They all made me hypomanic initially and a psychiatrist diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. It wasnt until years later that another psychiatrist casually said, You had medication-induced mania. By then, I had figured out it was induced by the medication, but when I first received the diagnosis I felt stunned and wounded and for a few years identified as a bipolar patient. In retrospect, there were times I was quite hypomanic and it was very lucky I did not lose my job, or have my child taken from me. I made decisions I never would have made had I not been influenced by the antidepressants and in an altered state of mind.

I have since learned that antidepr...

02:03

LAUNCH: ANH Reframes Ethics for the Therapeutic Relationship Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

By Michael Sikora, Managing Editor and Robert Verkerk, PhD, Founder, Alliance for Natural Health Executive & scientific director, ANH-Intl and ANH-USA

In 2021, tragedy struck a 37-year-old mother of two in the Seattle area. She was a committed wife and mother, devoting herself to being the best caregiver possible to her children. Then the pandemic hit. She was opposed to getting the COVID vaccine: because she was young and in good health, she knew the risks of serious COVID complications were smallsmaller, in her determination, than the unknown risks of the experimental vaccines being deployed on the public. But because she did not get vaccinated, she was blocked from being the active participant in her daughters lives that she wanted to be. Ultimately, she decided to get the vaccine on August 26, 2021. On September 7, she died from COVID-19 Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia.

Sadly, this kind of story is far from an isolated incident. Few of us will not have experienced, witnessed, or heard of one or more deeply disturbing and heart-rending travesties of medical ethics over the last three years.

Perhaps youre aware of breaches of respect for the autonomy or privacy of individuals? Or the failure of health authorities to offer the public properly informed consent? Government and medical authorities were able to coerce consent to COVID vaccination through a variety of tactics, including withholding information that would have likely greatly changed the public perception of the risk/benefit profile of those products. Those who refused to consent often faced discrimination, including loss of livelihood

These jaw-dropping breaches of ethics make it incumbent on us to re-imagine the moral compass we use to guide our journeys as we seek health, resilience, and wellbeing.

Why medical ethics must be reframed 

A key reason for reframing medical ethics relates to the unprecedented attack on free speech launched by the government,...

02:01

Banning PFAS Chemicals a Good Step In Combatting Obesity Epidemic Alliance for Natural Health USA Protecting Natural Health

More evidence that environmental exposures are a driver of the obesity epidemicand another reason to ban PFAS chemicals. Action Alert!

new study found that elevated levels of PFAS chemicals in the blood were associated with weight gain, increasing the already-lengthy list of negative health effects linked with PFAS exposure. PFAS, or polyfluoroalkyl substances, are a group of chemicals used in hundreds of consumer products. They are nicknamed forever chemicals because they do not break down in the environment and accumulate in blood and organs. As we reported recently, the EPA has taken some actions to address widespread PFAS contamination, but it is not nearly enough: we need to ban these chemicals for good.

Researchers tested the blood of 381 Europeans who lost a minimum of 8 percent of their original weight after two months of dieting. All participants stayed on a specific diet for 26 weeks after the initial weight loss. Those who gained the most weight back had the highest level of PFAS exposure.

The authors concluded, The results suggest that PFOA and PFHxS may cause weight gain among people with obesity in weight loss programs. These pollutants deserve attention in public health efforts to control the obesity pandemic.

ANH-USA has been sounding the alarm for some time that an underlying cause of many chronic diseases that doesnt get enough attention is environmental exposures to toxic chemicals. We reported on the work of Joseph Pizzorno, ND, who found that environmental toxins play a far more important role in diabetes, for instance, than sugar consumption and lack of exercise. Consider that obese people in the bottom 10% of toxin load do not have an increased risk of diabetes; 30% of lean people with a high toxin load will develop diabetes. These findings are a true testament to the havoc these chemicals are wreaking on the human body.

This is a huge problem. Obesity prevalence among US adults is almost 42 percent. Obesity drives other chronic diseases that are among the leading causes of preventable, premature death, including heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer. If we cannot curb the chemicals that help create this public...

Friday, 12 May

Paper with authorship posted for sale retracted nearly two years after Retraction Watch report Retraction Watch

An engineering journal has retracted an article that was posted on a website claiming to sell author positions. The retraction comes nearly two years after we reported on the website and a whistleblower informed the journal.

The study, On the dynamics of an ultra-fast-rotating-induced piezoelectric cantilevered nanodisk surrounded by viscoelastic foundation, appeared in Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines in December 2020. It listed researchers at Sichuan University of Science and Engineering in China as authors. The article has been cited five times, according to Clarivates Web of Science.

The study was retracted on March 16, 2023. The retraction notice stated:

Since publication, concerns have been raised about the authorship of the article. When approached for an explanation, the authors have been unable to verify their original data.

It has also come to our attention that the full authorship list for this manuscript were [sic] changed during the submission and publication process. As determining authorship is core to the integrity of published work and given our concerns regarding the data, we are therefore retracting this article.

The authors listed in this publication have been informed.

The study was among several posted on the Iranian website Teziran in 2021. The site has claimed to sell authorship positions for scientific papers under review in various journals. 

Toxic Algae and Red Tide The Steep Cost of Factory Farms Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published August 21, 2018.

Florida is well-known for its aquatic wildlife a natural resource that is now being rapidly decimated by the influence of factory farms and chemical agriculture, combined with the unpredictable forces of nature.

Over 10 months in late 2017 and 2018, scores of manatees, dolphins, turtles, eels, crabs and other marine animals have washed ashore, dead, killed by toxic Karenia brevis algae known as red tide which now covers the east and west coasts.

Lake Okeechobee, which is the source of the problem, is also choked by another algal organism blue-green cyanobacteria. Both the red tide organism and cyanobacteria are fed by excess nutrients such as phosphorus and nitrogen from agricultural fertilizers.

These toxic algae also pose a threat to human health. Exposure through inhalation may trigger respiratory distress; topically it may cause skin rashes, while accidental ingestion can lead to vomiting and kidney failure. As reported by One Green Planet:1

"[T]oxic algae is spreading through the coastal waters of South Florida, causing what is known as a 'red tide' to form, and it is killing wildlife at alarming rates due to lack of oxygen. The explosion of wildlife-killing algae in the area is largely a result of agricultural runoff linked to the Big Sugar industry."

Largest, Longest Red Tide in Decades

Hundreds of dead manatees and even a massive whale shark have washed ashore since October 2017, when the red tide began. Turtles have been hardest hit, including Kemp's Ridley sea turtles, which are on the critically endangered list. As noted by Bob Wasno, a marine biologist with Florida Gulf Coast University:2

"Back in 1994 we had an outbreak and it killed 196 manatees. Everybody was just completely outraged. They yelled and jumped up and down and said 'This is not going to happen again.' Here we are 24 years later and this is worse than ever."

In 2016, the Florida algal bloom in Lake Okeechobee drew attention after persisting from May through midsummer, covering 33 square miles and spreading to the coasts.3 A state of emergency was declared in three of the hardest-hit counties on the Atlantic coast, as well as one county on the Gulf coast.

Th...

Holding the Line: Its Easier With Love Articles

This story is about the importance of holding the line both in the conventional sense and in the deepest, most existential sense.

When we say, hold the line we usually mean the need to mount our opposition to the authoritarian creep. The significance of holding that line is self-evident. The authoritarian creep is creepy and frankly, at this point, its not a creep, its a landslide. This is how it starts.

And this is how it can end if we dont push back.

However, there is also a deeper meaning of holding the line. That deeper meaning, the act of holding the line of our soul, is foundational. It is at the root of our ability to stand up to any abuse and deal with any circumstance, including the current ugly circumstance of the not so great reset.

Why It Matters

Talking about holding the line of our soul may sound lofty, idealistic, or not very practical at a time like this but in fact, the opposite is true. It is the most practical line to hold at all times and especially now because holding that line is what protects us against the lies. Holding that line is what allows us to prevail over the tyrants in the long run and at this point in history, prevailing over the tyrants is our job.

The Missionary Position

First, let me get personal. Ive been thinking about the harms of the authoritarian missionary position all my life. My focus was perhaps inspired by my experience of living through the fall of the USSR and observing many of my compatriots swapping their ideologies but keeping the general vibe.

I witnessed with my own eyes how many sincere people transitioned from joyless atheism to joyless Orthodox Christianity, changing their talking points to the polar opposite but largely retaining the foundational gloom. That, by the way, was the reason I ended up staying in America, I could not stand the soul-dimming atmosphere. (Hello, that same vibe in America in 2023. For the record, I didnt miss you even a little bit, and I have no idea what you are doing here.)

The Soul Extinguisher: The Guilt and the Boot

Soul extinguishing can take multiple forms. It can ta...

What Safety Studies Have Been Done on mRNA Swine Vaccines? Articles

As previously reported, unbeknownst to the public, pork producers in the U.S.1 and Canada2 have been using customizable mRNA-based vaccines on their herds since 2018. As it turns out, the mRNA platform, Sequivity,3,4 is the only part of this gene-based vaccine technology that has been approved.

All customized mRNA injections created using this platform are untested, and the initial safety testing upon which the assumed safety of all customized jabs are based was grossly inadequate. As noted by Zoetis, the largest producer of veterinary drugs and vaccines:5

Sequivity has safety and efficacy studies based on the platform with a historical initial isolate, not likely the isolate that customers would be requesting in their product.

We dont even know what that initial isolate was. The Sequivity platform allows customized vaccines to be created as follows, in as little as eight weeks:6

1. Pathogen is collected and sent to a diagnostic lab.
  2. The gene of interest is sequenced and sent electronically to Sequivity analysts.inserted into the RNA production platform.
  3. The RNA particles released from incubated production cells are harvested and formulated into a customized vaccine.

USDA Lists Only One Safety Study for Sequivity

So, just what kind of safety testing has been done on these mRNA swine jabs? As it turns out, not much, and even saying that would be an exaggeration. Looking at the U.S. Department of Agricultures (USDA) summary of studies supporting the product licensure of Sequivity,7 we find only ONE safety study listed.

There are two efficacy studies pertaining to H1N1 swine influenza, two efficacy studies pertaining to H1N2 swine influenza, one efficacy study pertaining to H3N2 swine influenza, and one safety study pertaining to all vaccines under typical use conditions.

These six studies were all performed between June 2020 and December 2021. A search of the USDAs Licensed Veterinary Biological Products catalog renders just this one summary of studies to support Sequivitys licensure.8 This implies the plat...

07:52

Once Radical Critiques of Psychiatry Are Now Mainstream, So What Remains Taboo? Mad In America

From CounterPunch/Bruce Levine, PhD: One need not be a Marxist to acknowledge the logic behind Karl Marxs observation: The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas. It is especially important for the ruling class that the general publics ideas about our emotional suffering and behavioral disturbances be the ideas of the ruling class.

Twenty years ago, one would have been labeled as anti-psychiatry for acknowledging that: (1) psychiatrys treatment outcomes are abysmal and not getting any better; (2) the serotonin imbalance theory of depression is untrue; and (3) psychiatrys diagnostic manual, the DSM, is scientifically invalid. Yet today, these acknowledgementswhich dont threaten the ruling classare stated by the psychiatry establishment and reported by the mainstream media.

There are, however, critiques that continue to be too taboo for the mainstream media to report. Such critiques are existential threats to establishment psychiatry, and these critiques are financial threats to both Big Pharma and a mainstream media dependent on Big Pharma advertising dollars. Even more importantly, these critiques are political threats to the ruling class which prefers medical individual defect explanations for emotional suffering and behavioral disturbances rather than explanations that challenge the societal status quo . . .

What Remains Taboo Criticism of Psychiatry?

What remains taboo is criticism of psychiatry that calls into question its fundamental paradigm of care. Specifically, this means it is taboo to ask this question: Has viewing our emotional suffering and behavioral disturbances as medical disorders and illnesses been helpful or harmful? Thus, the mainstream media rarely reports the empirical research that challenges psychiatrys essential paradigmits so-called medical model.'

Article

Back to Around the Web

The post Once Radical Critiques of Psychiatry Are Now Mainstream, So What Remains Taboo? appeared first on Mad In America.

07:42

DOOCE: A Case Study on the Failure of Psychiatry Mad In America

Heather Armstrong died this week. If youre not familiar with who she is, then you might not be a depressed single mother living in Utah.

In the early 00s, when writers were bloggers (not the other way around), Heather Armstrong rose to fame as a Utah-based mommy blogger who wrote about parenting, life, and depression. Back then, blogging had become a hopeful entry point for writers (including this one). All you had to do was write about relatable things, and they will come.

Armstrongs blog, called Dooce, was a big deal in Utah because she was Utah-based and had been raised as a member of the LDS (aka Mormon) church. Based on the data, however, membership in the LDS Church is not a one-way ticket to paradise. In fact, Utah is one of the leaders in the country in antidepressant prescriptions, which is why Armstrongs blog was so popular. Women were finally stepping out into the light, bringing with them the darkness they held inside.

A selfie of mommy blogger Heather Armstrong in 2019 (Facebook)

Back in the early 00s, I was also a single mother trying to make it on my own as a writer. But unlike Armstrong, I was uncomfortable writing about mental health issues. I wanted my writing to stand on its own, not become a cultural fad-reaction to what every mother everywhere (no matter her status) feelsmore often than wed probably like to acknowledge.

With idealized images of the upcoming social ritual of Mothers Day rapidly approaching, its both poignant and telling that the ultimate mommy blogger, who had revealed what most of us feel at one time or another, passed.

Truthfully, I never read her blog. I just knew, via...

07:16

Socratic questioning: A great tool for depression relief Chipur

If youre relying solely upon meds for depression relief, youre cheating yourself. There are a host of great tools that can challenge your mood misery. One of them is Socratic questioning.

The post Socratic questioning: A great tool for depression relief first appeared on Chipur.

06:04

Twitter Rolls Out Encrypted Messaging, Dont Trust It Medical Kidnap

Elon Musk managed to deliver the new security feature on his self-imposed deadline, but seemingly at the cost of quality.

by Lauren Leffer
Gizmodo

Excerpts:

Twitter did it. The company met a deadline and released something on the promised date under Elon Musks leadership. The social media platform put out its first-ever encrypted messaging option late on Wednesday night, just under the wire. Yet in the mad dash to deliver, the site seems to have made some confusing compromises, as outlined in a Twitter blogpost.

For online privacy writ large its undoubtedly a good thing. But Twitters version comes with some major caveats. For one, it is only available to verified users, meaning those with access are almost entirely people willing to pay $8 a month for Twitter Blue. Both parties in an encrypted Twitter exchange need to be verified for the feature to work.

Second, it is opt-in, which means users have to consciously choose encryption...

06:04

Twitter Rolls Out Encrypted Messaging, Dont Trust It Vaccine Impact

Elon Musk managed to deliver the new security feature on his self-imposed deadline, but seemingly at the cost of quality.

by Lauren Leffer
Gizmodo

Excerpts:

Twitter did it. The company met a deadline and released something on the promised date under Elon Musks leadership. The social media platform put out its first-ever encrypted messaging option late on Wednesday night, just under the wire. Yet in the mad dash to deliver, the site seems to have made some confusing compromises, as outlined in a Twitter blogpost.

For online privacy writ large its undoubtedly a good thing. But Twitters version comes with some major caveats. For one, it is only available to verified users, meaning those with access are almost entirely people willing to pay $8 a month for Twitter Blue. Both parties in an encrypted Twitter exchange need to be verified for the feature to work.

Second, it is opt-in, which means users have to consciously choose encryption...

06:02

Vitamin C for Asthma and Allergies GreenMedInfo

Originally published on www.orthomolecular.org by Andrew W. Saul

The high-dose protocol of Robert F. Cathcart III, MD

read more

06:02

The Vicious Cycle of Sleep Disruption Dr. Tenpenny

This week, I want to cover a foundational element of health. What is it? Sleep! Many factors disrupt sleep, and when sleep is disrupted, that in turn disrupts many of []

05:46

Humans are Indispensable Why AI will Never Replace Humans Medical Kidnap

Health Impact News

Are you going to be replaced by a machine? Could a robot really be curious? Or experience love? Could a computer plot evil?

Some really smart people think machines will achieve not just human but super human consciousness.

Oxford professor of mathematics John Lennox and Baylor University computer engineer Robert J. Marks disagree.

In this episode of Science Uprising they explain that non-algorithmic properties are solely attributes of humans. Computers will never show the creativity, empathy, or love that human beings do.

Catch up with other episodes of Science Uprising, plus bonus video interviews with experts from each episode at https://scienceuprising.com/.

Experts featured in this episode:

Robert J. Marks is Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Baylor University. Marks is a Fellow of both the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and the Optical Society of America. He is also director of the Walter Bradley Center for Human and Artificial Intelligence and hosts the Mind Matters podcast for the Bradley Center.

John Lennox is emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, an internationally renowned speaker and author of several books on the interface of science, philosophy and religion.

Jay Richards, PhD, is Director, Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Life, Religion, and Family and William E. Simon Senior Research Fellow at the Heritage Foundation, and a Senior Fellow at Discovery Institute. He is the author or co-author of numerous books, including The Human Advantage; Privileged Planet; The Hobbit Party; and Money, Greed, and God.

Selmer Bringsjord is a Professor of Cognitive Science and Computer Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Director of the Rensselaer AI and Reasoning Laboratory. He and his colleagues have developed the Lovelace Test to evaluate whether machine intelligence has resulted in mind or consciou...

05:46

Humans are Indispensable Why AI will Never Replace Humans Vaccine Impact

Health Impact News

Are you going to be replaced by a machine? Could a robot really be curious? Or experience love? Could a computer plot evil?

Some really smart people think machines will achieve not just human but super human consciousness.

Oxford professor of mathematics John Lennox and Baylor University computer engineer Robert J. Marks disagree.

In this episode of Science Uprising they explain that non-algorithmic properties are solely attributes of humans. Computers will never show the creativity, empathy, or love that human beings do.

Catch up with other episodes of Science Uprising, plus bonus video interviews with experts from each episode at https://scienceuprising.com/.

Robert J. Marks is Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Baylor University. Marks is a Fellow of both the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and the Optical Society of America. He is also director of the Walter Bradley Center for Human and Artificial Intelligence and hosts the Mind Matters podcast for the Bradley Center.

John Lennox is emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, an internationally renowned speaker and author of several books on the interface of science, philosophy and religion.

Jay Richards, PhD, is Director, Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Life, Religion, and Family and William E. Simon Senior Research Fellow at the Heritage Foundation, and a Senior Fellow at Discovery Institute. He is the author or co-author of numerous books, including The Human Advantage; Privileged Planet; The Hobbit Party; and Money, Greed, and God.

Selmer Bringsjord is a Professor of Cognitive Science and Computer Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Director of the Rensselaer AI and Reasoning Laboratory. He and his colleagues have developed the Lovelace Test to evaluate whether machine intelligence has resulted in mind or consciou...

05:43

Twitter Rolls Out Encrypted Messaging, Dont Trust It Health Impact News

by Lauren Leffer
Gizmodo

Excerpts:

For online privacy writ large its undoubtedly a good thing. But Twitters version comes with some major caveats. For one, it is only available to verified users, meaning those with access are almost entirely pe...

05:25

Humans are Indispensable Why AI will Never Replace Humans Health Impact News

Health Impact News

Jay Richards, PhD, is Director, Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Life, Religion, and Family and William E. Simon Senior Research Fellow at the Heritage Foundation, and a Senior Fellow at Discovery Institut...

04:38

04:03

The Vegan Backfire: The Truth Behind The Antimeat Agenda GreenMedInfo

Originally published on www.janwellmann.substack.com

Our dinner table will be void of high-density, natural, animal-sourced foods within a decade or two. A deeper look behind the agenda explains why it's necessary to start planning for self-sustenance.

Tell Me What You Eat

read more

Wednesday, 10 May

06:16

Peoples Pharmacy: Does fluoride in water affect thyroid function? Fluoride Action Network

Q. I have Hashimotos autoimmune hypothyroid disease. I did not feel well taking just Synthroid. When I started taking Unithroid along with a small dose of Cytomel, that worked much better for me.

Most doctors only test the TSH level and then treat that number. Testing free T4 and free T3 is a much better indicator of real thyroid activity.

I have heard that fluoride has a negative effect on the thyroid. Is that true?

A. Fluoride remains a controversial water treatment. On the one hand, dentists promote the use of fluoridated water and toothpaste to prevent tooth decay.

On the other hand, there is some data linking exposure to high levels of fluoride with an increased risk for hypothyroidism. A systematic analysis of 10 studies concluded: The study has shown a positive correlation between fluoride and hypothyroidism, which is an alarming issue. (Indian Journal of Dental Research, May-June 2018).

A recent study from Canada found that: In this Canadian pregnancy and birth cohort, fluoride in drinking water was associated with risk of primary hypothyroidism in pregnant women. (Science of the Total Environment, April 15, 2023) Scientists believe that fluoride may interfere with the deiodinase enzymes that convert inactive T4 hormone to active T3.

*Original full-text article online at: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2023/may/09/peoples-pharmacy-does-fluoride-in-water-affect-thy/

Tuesday, 09 May

23:00

Morning Coffee May 9, 2023: The Danger of Apeel on Food Dr. Tenpenny

05-09-2023 Audio Track:   If you prefer to watch rather than listen, click on the video below: https://drtenpenny.b-cdn.net/2023/05-09-23-MorningCoffee.mp4 If you enjoyed this show, and want to join us live for []

Monday, 08 May

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog