IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Sunday, 28 May

23:23

Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin/turmeric supplementation in adults. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Cytokine. 2023 Apr ;164:156144. Epub 2023 Feb 15. PMID: 36804260 Abstract Title:  Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin/turmeric supplementation in adults: A GRADE-assessed systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Abstract:  Turmeric and its prominent bioactive compound, curcumin, have been the subject of many investigations with regard to their impact on inflammatory and oxidative balance in the body. In this systematic review and meta-analysis, we summarized the existing literature on randomized controlled trials (RCTs) which examined this hypothesis. Major databases (PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, Cochrane Library and Google Scholar) were searched from inception up to October 2022. Relevant studies meeting our eligibility criteria were obtained. Main outcomes included inflammatory markers (i.e. C-reactive protein(CRP), tumour necrosis factor(TNF-), interleukin-6(IL-6), and interleukin 1 beta(IL-1)) and markers of oxidative stress (i.e. total antioxidant capacity (TAC), malondialdehyde(MDA), and superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity). Weighted mean differences (WMDs) were reported. P-values 

read more

10:53

Hip Hip Hooray! Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Graduation-caps-congrats-5047671By Cathy Jameson

With all five kids home after my daughters college graduation, we enjoyed some extra family time.  Sitting in the living room together one evening, my youngest asked, Mommy, when would Ronan be graduating college?  I looked at her but didnt answer right away.  Ronans not been in a classroom setting for quite some time now.  Even though she doesnt remember some of the struggles Ronan faced while he was enrolled in school, she knows we took him out of the special education system for several reasons, to include seeing seizure activity increase. 

Every now and then I wonder if taking him out, and keeping him out, was the right decision.  I dont dwell on that thought for too long because we provided many meaningful opportunities for him while he was out of the classroom.  But questions like the one Ronans youngest sister asked brought up things Id long forgotten. 

Do I miss the IEP meetings?

Do I miss the worry I sometimes felt after dropping him off?

Do I miss the phone calls from the school nurse telling me of another seizure?

No.  I dont miss any of that. 

I do miss some of the hope that some of Ronans teaching staff shared with us.  I do miss the thought of a someday graduation for him, even if it wasnt going to be the same kind of diploma his siblings would receive.  But I dont miss the stress that school was causing my son.  I didnt need to share all of that or any of that in my reply to my daughter, so I focused simply on what shed asked.  She just wanted a date, even if random, that Ronan would be graduating.

It would be next year.  Think about when Charlie would be graduatingwhatever year he is in school is when Ronan would also be in school, I told her.

A friends typical son, I had always hoped that Ronan would one day be mainstreamed with typical peers like Charlie.  Hes a great kid doing really great things.  I dont see him much anymore because hes off to school in another state, but when I get updates from his parents, I cant help but smile.  Ronan wont experience any of what Charlie will, but I dont begrudge him or any other kids who find success in school. 

School isnt for everyone.  It can be an enormous struggle.  Without proper supports, simple tasks can become frustrating.  Th...

10:00

This Exercise Method Can Help You Achieve Peak Performance Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published February 18, 2018.

In this interview, Alex Guerrero, cofounder of TB12 and personal body coach for Tom Brady one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history shares the natural and holistic program he developed with Brady, called the TB12 Method. Tom was told at one point that surgery for one of his injuries was unavoidable. This training method was said to have helped resolve his injury and return to the field, without surgery.

The pair launched "The TB12 Method" mobile app on iOS, and co-wrote a New York Times best-seller book about their philosophy, called "The TB12 Method: How to Achieve a Lifetime of Sustained Peak Performance." A primary focus of the program is pliability training deep force muscle work that lengthens and softens muscles at the same time those muscles are rhythmically contracted and relaxed.

"I've been practicing this for a little over 20 years now, and when I first started, it was with the idea of just doing some good deep tissue work and helping athletes recover from whatever their injuries were at the time," Guerrero says.

"Some of [my] clients would feel better and would go back out and do their training, and then they would hurt themselves again It became a pattern, and at some point I thought, I really need to see what this mechanism of injury really is. And why are they feeling better but not getting better?

As I started to watch them actually train, I realized that everything they were doing, all their biomechanical movements were all learned behavior. The brain was developing more neural pathways as it related to the way they were wanting to move. So, I thought our treatment principles should be based on the same thing.

And if the brain can create neural pathways based on functional movement, then I should be able to do some functional movement during my treatments so that the brain can create more neural pathways for getting better as opposed to just feeling better."

Pliability Training

As he began working on muscle tissues through active ranges of motion, and having the client actively involved in the movement, they not only felt better but actually stopped reinjuring themselves. Thats when he realized that being pliable is different from being flexible.

Pliability ac...

EMF Exposure A Major Factor in the Development of Autism Articles

This interview was recorded in November 2018 at the annual Academy for Comprehensive and Integrative Medicine (ACIM) convention in Orlando, Florida, but this is the first time it was ever run on the site. At the time there was concern that the topic was too controversial, but now that five years has passed and COVID changed the controversial landscape we thought it would be good to release the video on this important topic.

I had the opportunity to interview two experts on autism and dirty electricity, Peter Sullivan and Dr. Martha Herbert, who cowrote The Autism Revolution: Whole-Body Strategies for Making Life All It Can Be.1 Here, we discuss some of the toxic factors that contribute to the development of autism, especially the role of electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) and dirty electricity.

Sullivans Journey

Sullivan has struggled with electromagnetic hypersensitivity, and still does to some degree, which was his primary motivation for learning more about it. Hes become a fount of knowledge as a result. As a software engineer in Silicon Valley in the 1990s, he was passionate about personal technology.

I studied in Stanford. I did all kinds of human-computer interactions. I worked at multiple companies: as a troubleshooter in Silicon Valley, an engineer and a software designer at the very end. I worked at Netflix and some other companies people would know of, he says.

In the early 2000s, problems began to take root. Fatigue and food allergies cropped up, and his children were struggling with developmental delays. He eventually realized he had toxic levels of mercury in his system.

I eventually just took time off from work, in about 2005. I just said its ridiculous, with all these things going on, to have two people in the family working. I was focusing on my kids health and my health and really had some time and energy to really go deep and find out what was really out there.

I had a great doctor, Dr. Raj Patel an integrative medical doctor who would talk about Candida overgrowth, mercury and all that stuff. He got us on track. Eventually, the kids slowly got better, but even after detoxing, I did not. I kept getting worse.

I got down to 131 pounds. I became electrically sensitive. My brain kept telling me, All the stuff is safe and well-tested. I love technology. But my body was reacting like there was something really wrong. I was catching myself just throwing a cellphone away...

James Corbett on Technocratic Control and the Dangers of AI Articles

In this video, I interview investigative journalist James Corbett about false narratives, the global takeover by technocracy, controlled opposition and the dangers of artificial intelligence, as well as the solutions to these and other challenges.

Corbetts journalism career began in the aftermath of 9/11, when he became overwhelmed to discover that we are constantly lied to through the mainstream media. 9/11 was his red pill moment, and he hasnt stopped digging for the truth since.

The discrepancy between the things that I was finding online versus what was being reported on the evening news just started getting wider and wider, he says, to the point where I felt that ... I had to insert myself in that conversation. So that's the reason we're talking today.

In 2007, Corbett launched his website, CorbettReport.com. One of his hallmarks, both in his documentaries and regular reports, is impeccable citations of sources.

I always put up the transcript with the hyperlinks to the source documents for every single quotation, every video clip, everything that I'm playing, he says. I want to direct people back to the source material so that they can research it for themselves.

I know, as a researcher myself who does this for a living, that's incredibly valuable. I very much appreciate it when other people do it, so I'm trying to set that example in the alternative media.

Can the Global Takeover Be Derailed?

Corbett is also featured on Good Morning CHD with Dr. Meryl Nass once a month, an online news show by Childrens Health Defense.

It's a valuable way, for both of us, to continue keeping our eye on the ball of the World Health Organization and its latest machinations ... of the global pandemic treaty and the international health regulations (IHR) amendments that they're working on right now, which really could be the hardwiring of the biosurveillance infrastructure, Corbett says.

When asked whether he believes the pandemic treaty and/or the IHR amendments can be stopped, Corbett replies:

Well, they are planning on unleashing the global pandemic treaty on the world at the World Health Assembly (WHA) next year, May of 2024. And preparatory to that, they're going to be holding a World Health Assembly this month, at which they'll be talking about the draft of the treaty and the draft of the IHR amendments and other such developments.

08:53

Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, May 27, 2023, #407 Geoengineering Watch

Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org And now the weather: "cloudy with showers of plastic" and the "perfect pathogen storm". Weather whiplash chemical cloud seeding cool-downs are being carried out above the most populated portions of the US while much of the world bakes and burns. Though the northern latitude cyclone season has only just begun, the most powerful

07:54

Our Duty to Shine the Light into the Darkness and Expose the Evil Medical Kidnap

Everything exposed by the Light becomes visible.

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. (Ephesians 5:11)

by Brian Shilhavy
Editor, Health Impact News

The tagline for Health Impact News, as displayed in our banner, is: Shining the Light of Truth into the Darkness of Deceit.

This is our foundation and mission that drives everything we publish on the Health Impact News network.

According to the ancient Biblical literature, we live in a world system that is controlled by Satan, who is referred to as darkness, and this darkness is described as being based on deceit and lies.

Jesus, in speaking about Satan, or the Devil, stated:

He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (John 8:44)

In contrast to Satan, Jesus said this about himself:

I am the way and the truth and the life. (John 14:6)

When Jesus came into the world system headed by Satan, it was a direct confrontation between truth and deception, or to put it another way, between light and darkness.

In John chapter 1, Jesus is referred to as the Word. The Word here represents light and life.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. (John 1:1-5)

Those walking in the darkness are deceived, because they cannot recognize the light that conflicts with their experience and knowledge from living in the realm of darkness in the world system where Satan rules.

The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. (John 1:9-11)

All of us are born into the world through the physical seed passed down through our parents, and we begin our physical life as mem...

07:54

Our Duty to Shine the Light into the Darkness and Expose the Evil Vaccine Impact

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. (Ephesians 5:11)

by Brian Shilhavy

The tagline for Health Impact News, as displayed in our banner, is: Shining the Light of Truth into the Darkness of Deceit.

This is our foundation and mission that drives everything we publish on the Health Impact News network.

According to the ancient Biblical literature, we live in a world system that is controlled by Satan, who is referred to as darkness, and this darkness is described as being based on deceit and lies.

He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (John 8:44)

When Jesus came into the world system headed by Satan, it was a direct confrontation between truth and deception, or to put it another way, between light and darkness.

In John chapter 1, Jesus is referred to as the Word. The Word here represents light and life.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. (John 1:1-5)

Those walking in the darkness are deceived, because they cannot recognize the light that conflicts with their experience and knowledge from living in the realm of darkness in the world system where Satan rules.

The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. (John 1:9-11)

All of us are born into the world through the physical seed passed down through our parents, and we begin our physical life as mem...

07:35

Survival Medicine Podcast: Bleeding, Ticks and Lyme, Herbal Meds, Dental, More

In this extended episode of the Survival Medicine Podcast, Joe Alton, MD, FACS, FACOG, and Amy Alton APRN, CNM go into various diverse topics! Dr. Joe Alton discusses bleeding issues in honor of National Stop The Bleed Day, then pivots, as school ends, to the Great Outdoors and the ticks that inhabit it. Nurse Amy[Read More]

The post Survival Medicine Podcast: Bleeding, Ticks and Lyme, Herbal Meds, Dental, More first appeared on .

07:21

Anticancer properties of curcumin-treated Lactobacillus plantarum against the HT-29 colorectal adenocarcinoma cells. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Sci Rep. 2023 Feb 17 ;13(1):2860. Epub 2023 Feb 17. PMID: 36801895 Abstract Title:  Anticancer properties of curcumin-treated Lactobacillus plantarum against the HT-29 colorectal adenocarcinoma cells. Abstract:  Probiotic bacteria with functions of importance to the health and well-being of the host exhibit various medicinal properties including anti-proliferative properties against cancer cells. There are observations demonstrating probiotic bacteria and their metabolomics can be different in various populations with different eating habits. Here, Lactobacillus plantarum was treated with curcumin (the major compound of turmeric), and its resistance to the curcumin was determined. After then the cell-free supernatants of untreated bacteria (CFS) and bacteria treated with curcumin (cur-CFS) were isolated and their anti-proliferative properties against HT-29 colon cancer cells were compared. The ability of L. plantarum treated with curcumin to combat a variety of pathogenic bacterial species and its ability to survive in acidic conditions were evidence that the probiotic properties of the bacterium were unaffected by the curcumin treatment. L. plantarum treated with curcumin and intact L. plantarum were both able to live in acidic conditions, according to the results of the resistance to low pH test. The MTT result showed that CFS and cur-CFS dose-dependently decreased the growth of HT29 cells with a half-maximal inhibitory concentration of 181.7 and 116.3L/mL at 48 h, respectively. Morphological alteration of DAPI-stained cells also exhibited significant fragmentation in the chromatin within the nucleus of cur-CFS-treated cells compared to CFS-treated HT29 cells. Moreover, flow cytometry analyses of apoptosis and cell cycle confirmed DAPI staining and MTT assay results and stipulated the increased occurrence of programmed cell death (apoptosis) in cur-CFS-treated cells (~57.65%) compared to CFS-treated cells (~47%). These results were more confirmed with qPCR and exhibited the upregulation of Caspase 9-3 and BAX genes, and downregulation of the BCL-2 gene in cur-CFS- and CFS-treated cells. In conclusion, turmeric spice and curcumin may affect the metabolomics of probiotics in intestinal flora which could subsequently influence their anticancer properties.

read more

07:16

Our Duty to Shine the Light into the Darkness and Expose the Evil Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

Those walking in the darkness are deceived, because they cannot recognize the light that conflicts with their experience and knowledge from living in...

07:10

Curcuma longa supplementation reduces MDA, TNF-, and IL-6 levels in a rat model exposed to soot particulates. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Open Vet J. 2023 Jan ;13(1):11-19. Epub 2023 Jan 5. PMID: 36777433 Abstract Title:  supplementation reduces MDA, TNF-, and IL-6 levels in a rat model exposed to soot particulates. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Particulate matter (PM) is one of the important components in air pollution that can cause endothelial vascular dysfunction through exacerbation of atherosclerosis and inflammation of the respiratory system. Increased levels of malondialdehyde (MDA) in blood plasma can be an indicator of oxidative stress. Then, macrophages can secrete proinflammatory cytokines that will stimulate immune cells and vascular endothelial cells to release inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin-6 (IL-6) and tumor necrotic factor-(TNF-).works by scavenging the active free radicals involved in the peroxidation process.AIMS: This study aims to prove that the administration ofcan reduce MDA, TNF-, and IL-6 levels inexposed to soot particulates.METHODS: The subjects of this study were 30 male rats which were divided into 5 treatment groups with the following: (C0): negative control; (C+): positive control; (T1): Treatment group 2, rats exposed to particulate soot at a concentration of 1,064 mg/mfor 8 hours and givenat a dose of 1 mg/kg bw; (T2): Treatment group 3 was rats exposed to soot particulates at a concentration of 1,064 mg/mfor 8 hours and givenat a dose of 2 mg/kg bw; (T3): Treatment group 4 was rats exposed to soot particulates at a concentration of 1,064 mg/mfor 8 hours and givenat a dose of 3 mg/kg bw.Giving theextract orally with a probe every day for 30 days after treatment of exposure to soot. Examination of MDA, TNF-, and IL-6 levels with the ELISA method.RESULTS: The administration ofcan reduce MDA while the lowest MDA levels were obtained in the T3 treatment with an average of 1.5420.231. The results of the description of the lowest levels of TNF-were obtained in the C-treatment with an average of 55.9814.689. Then, the lowest levels of IL-6 were obtained in the C-treatment with an average of 2.2920.461.CONCLUSION: The results stated that the administration ofcould reduce MDA levels, TNF-, and IL-6 levels.as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant play an effective role in inhibiting inflammation by decreasing IL-6 cytokine and TNF-.can inhibit lipid peroxidation initiated by free radicals and then reduce MDA levels.

read more

07:07

The cytotoxic effect of curcumin in rhabdomyosarcoma. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Nutrients. 2023 Feb 1 ;15(3). Epub 2023 Feb 1. PMID: 36771452 Abstract Title:  The Cytotoxic Effect of Curcumin in Rhabdomyosarcoma Is Associated with the Modulation of AMPK, AKT/mTOR, STAT, and p53 Signaling. Abstract:  Approximately 7% of cancers arising in children and 1% of those arising in adults are soft tissue sarcomas (STS). Of these malignancies, rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common. RMS survival rates using current therapeutic protocols have remained largely unchanged in the past decade. Thus, it is imperative that the main molecular drivers in RMS tumorigenesis are defined so that more precise, effective, and less toxic therapies can be designed. Curcumin, a common herbal supplement derived from plants of thespecies, has an exceptionally low dietary biotoxicity profile and has demonstrated anti-tumorigenic benefits in vitro. In this study, the anti-tumorigenic activity of curcumin was assessed in rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines and used to identify the major pathways responsible for curcumin's anti-tumorigenic effects. Curcumin treatment resulted in cell cycle arrest, inhibited cell migration and colony forming potential, and induced apoptotic cell death. Proteome profiler array analysis demonstrated that curcumin treatment primarily influenced flux through the AKT-mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT), AMP-dependent kinase (AMPK), and p53 associated pathways in a rhabdomyosarcoma subtype-specific manner. Thus, the strategic, combinational therapeutic targeting of these pathways may present the best option to treat this group of tumors.

read more

06:54

Ginkgo biloba extracts improve choroidal circulation leading to suppression of myopia in mice. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Sci Rep. 2023 Mar 7 ;13(1):3772. Epub 2023 Mar 7. PMID: 36882511 Abstract Title:  Ginkgo biloba extracts improve choroidal circulation leading to suppression of myopia in mice. Abstract:  Myopia is becoming more common across the world, necessitating the development of preventive methods. We investigated the activity of early growth response 1 (EGR-1) protein and discovered that Ginkgo biloba extracts (GBEs) activated EGR-1 in vitro. In vivo, C57BL/6 J mice were fed either normal or 0.0667% GBEs (200 mg/kg) mixed chow (n=6 each), and myopia was induced with-30 diopter (D) lenses from 3 to 6 weeks of age. Refraction and axial length were measured by an infrared photorefractor and an SD-OCT system, respectively. In lens-induced myopia mice, oral GBEs significantly improved refractive errors (-9.921.53 D vs.-1.673.51 D, p

read more

06:08

Ginkgo biloba golden leaf extract inhibits melanoma cell invasion and angiogenesis. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Integr Cancer Ther. 2023 ;22:15347354221134513. PMID: 36859800 Abstract Title:  Golden Leaf Extract (GGLE) Inhibits Melanoma Cell Invasion and Angiogenesis Through Inhibition of Angiogenin. Abstract:  The popular dietary supplements of(Ginkgo) products have been reported to have anti-cancer activities in multiple cellular and animal studies, with the benefits yet to be proven with clinical trials. The mechanisms of action are not clear, forming a barrier to investigation in Gingko-specific benefits to cancer patients, especially when combined with other therapies. Here we reported on the discovery of a novel mechanism by which a Ginkgo golden leaf extract (GGLE) inhibited melanoma cell invasion and angiogenesis. GGLE did not inhibit melanoma cells via direct cytotoxicity. Instead, GGLE significantly inhibited total RNase activities in melanoma cells under both normoxia and hypoxia conditions. The RNase angiogenin was induced twofolds by hypoxia, and the induction was significantly suppressed by GGLE treatment in a dose dependent manner. As a result of angiogenin inhibition, GGLE inhibited melanoma cell migration and invasion in a dose dependent manner. Conditioned media from melanoma cell culture sufficiently induced in vitro angiogenesis in human endothelial cells, whereas the conditioned media of GGLE-treated melanoma cells significantly inhibited this angiogenetic activity. This was accompanied with markedly reduced angiogenin concentrations in the GGLE-treated melanoma cell conditioned media. We concluded that, instead of direct cytotoxicity, GGLE inhibited angiogenin synthesis and secretion by melanoma cells, resulting in inhibition of tumor cell invasion and tumor-induced angiogenesis. This new mechanism opens the door for investigation in GGLE influencing tumor microenvironment, and warrants further investigation and validation in vivo.

read more

06:06

Ginkgo biloba extract protects against diabetic cardiomyopathy. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Phytother Res. 2023 Apr ;37(4):1377-1390. Epub 2023 Feb 8. PMID: 36751963 Abstract Title:  Ginkgo biloba extract protects against diabetic cardiomyopathy by restoring autophagy via adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase/mammalian target of the rapamycin pathway modulation. Abstract:  Studies demonstrated that Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) played a cardioprotective role in diabetic conditions. Impaired autophagy is one of the mechanisms underlying diabetic cardiomyopathy (DCM). The effect of GBE on autophagy has been observed in several diseases; however, whether GBE can ameliorate DCM by regulating autophagy remains unclear. Here, we investigated the effect of GBE on DCM and the potential mechanisms regarding autophagy using a streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rat model and a high-glucose (HG)-stimulated H9C2 cell model. We demonstrated that GBE attenuated metabolic disturbances, improved cardiac function, and reduced myocardial pathological changes in diabetic rats. Impaired autophagy as well as dysregulation of the adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase/ mammalian target of the rapamycin (AMPK/mTOR) signaling pathway were observed in diabetic hearts, as evidenced by the accumulation, decreased AMPK phosphorylation, and increased mTOR phosphorylation, which could be reversed by GBE treatment. In vitro, GBE reduced the apoptosis induced by HG in H9C2 cells by activating AMPK and inhibiting mTOR to restore autophagy. However, this effect was inhibited by the AMPK inhibitor Compound C. In conclusion, the ameliorative effect of GBE on DCM might be dependent on the restoration of autophagy through modulation of the AMPK/mTOR pathway.

read more

06:04

Ginkgo biloba administered singly and combined with antioxidants in tinnitus patients. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  J Audiol Otol. 2023 Jan ;27(1):37-44. Epub 2023 Jan 10. PMID: 36710418 Abstract Title:  Ginkgo biloba Administered Singly and Combined With Antioxidants in Tinnitus Patients. Abstract:  BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Tinnitus, or ear ringing, involves impulsive and spontaneous activity in the auditory neurons. Its prevalence is high in the elderly, but 10%-15% of adults suffer from tinnitus, affecting their quality of life. Therefore, this study aimed to evaluate the efficacy of Ginkgo biloba administered singly and in combination with antioxidants in tinnitus patients. Subjects and.METHODS: Patients were randomly allocated to Placebo (T0, n=22), Treatment 1 (T1, n=24), and Treatment 2 (T2, n=23) groups. The patients were educated on the study's methodology and were instructed to visit at 0, 4, 8, 12, and 14 weeks. The placebo group received starch capsule supplements. Conversely, the treatment groups received Ginkgo biloba (60 mg twice a day) singly and in combination with antioxidants. We enrolled 69 patients aged 40-70 years (41 men, 28 women). The Tinnitus Handicap Index (THI), Visual Analogue Score (VAS), and Short Form 36 (SF-36) Health Scores were determined pre- and post-treatment at each visit.RESULTS: Supplementation of Ginkgo biloba, along with antioxidants, provided marked improvement (p

read more

06:02

These results suggest that Matcha tea powder exerts an antidepressant-like effect through the activation of the dopaminergic system. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Nutrients. 2023 Jan 22 ;15(3). Epub 2023 Jan 22. PMID: 36771286 Abstract Title:  Matcha Tea Powder's Antidepressant-like Effect through the Activation of the Dopaminergic System in Mice Is Dependent on Social Isolation Stress. Abstract:  Matcha tea powder is believed to have various physiological benefits; however, its detailed mechanism of action has been poorly understood. Here, we investigated whether the mental state of mice, due to social isolation stress, affects the antidepressant-like effect of Matcha tea powder by using the tail suspension test. Oral administration of Matcha tea powder reduced the duration of immobility in the stress-susceptible C57BL/6J strain, but not in BALB/c strain. In C57BL/6J mice, SCH23390, a dopamine D1 receptor blocker, prevented Matcha tea powder from exerting its antidepressant-like effect. Matcha tea powder also increased the number of c-Fos-positive cells in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) region and the nucleus accumbens (NAc) region in C57BL/6J mice, but not in BALB/c mice. In contrast, Matcha tea powder did not change the number of c-Fos-positive cells in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) region. Notably, C57BL/6J mice with a shorter immobility time had a higher number of c-Fos-positive cells in the PFC, NAc, and VTA regions. However, no such correlation was observed in the stress-tolerant BALB/c mice. These results suggest that Matcha tea powder exerts an antidepressant-like effect through the activation of the dopaminergic system including the PFC-NAc-VTA circuit and that mental states are important factors affecting the physiological benefits of Matcha tea powder.

read more

06:00

The therapeutic potential of matcha tea: A critical review on human and animal studies. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Curr Res Food Sci. 2023 ;6:100396. Epub 2022 Nov 23. PMID: 36582446 Abstract Title:  The therapeutic potential of matcha tea: A critical review on human and animal studies. Abstract:  Matcha is a powdered form of Japanese green tea that has been gaining global popularity recently. Matcha tea has various health benefits, including an enhancing effect on cognitive function, cardio-metabolic health, and anti-tumorogenesis. To date, randomized clinical trials (RCT) showed that matcha decreases stress, slightly enhances attention and memory, and has no effect on mood. Results regarding the effect of matcha on cognitive function are contradictory and more RCTs are warranted. The cardio-metabolic effects of matcha have only been studied in animals, but findings were more homogenous. Consuming matcha with a high-fat diet resulted in decreased weight gain velocity, food intake, improved serum glucose and lipid profile, reduced inflammatory cytokines and ameliorated oxidative stress. Evidence regarding the anti-tumor function of matcha is very limited. Findings showed that matcha can affect proliferation, viability, antioxidant response, and cell cycle regulation of breast cancer cells. Nonetheless, more studies are needed to examine this effect on different types of cancer cells, and there is also a need to verify it using animal models. Overall, the evidence regarding the effect of matcha tea on cognitive function, cardio-metabolic function, and anti-tumor role is still limited, and conclusions cannot be drawn.

read more

05:56

Impacts of curcumin treatment on experimental sepsis. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2023 ;2023:2252213. Epub 2023 Jan 30. PMID: 36756300 Abstract Title:  Impacts of Curcumin Treatment on Experimental Sepsis: A Systematic Review. Abstract:  BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Sepsis is defined as a life-threatening organ dysfunction due to a dysregulated host immune response to an infection. Curcumin is a yellow polyphenol derived from the rhizome of Curcuma longa with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties scientifically proven, a condition that allowed its use as a tool in the treatment of sepsis. Thus, the purpose of this article was to systematically review the evidence on the impact of curcumin's anti-inflammatory effect on experimental sepsis.METHODS: For this, the PubMed, MEDLINE, EMBASE, Scopus, Web of Science, and LILACS databases were used, and the research was not limited to a specific publication period. Only original articles in English usingexperimental models (rats or mice) of sepsis induction performed by administration of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) or cecal ligation and perforation surgery (CLP) were included in the study. Studies using curcumin in dry extract or with a high degree of purity were included. At initial screening, 546 articles were selected, and of these, 223 were eligible for primary evaluation. Finally, 12 articles with full text met all inclusion criteria. Our results showed that curcumin may inhibit sepsis-induced complications such as brain, heart, liver, lungs, and kidney damage. Curcumin can inhibit inflammatory factors, prevent oxidative stress, and regulate immune responses in sepsis. Additionally, curcumin increased significantly the survival rates after experimental sepsis in several studies. The modulation of the immune response and mortality by curcumin reinforces its protective effect on sepsis and indicates a potential therapeutic tool for the treatment of sepsis.

read more

05:52

A review on curcumin colon-targeted oral drug delivery systems for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Inflammopharmacology. 2023 Feb 9. Epub 2023 Feb 9. PMID: 36757584 Abstract Title:  A review on curcumin colon-targeted oral drug delivery systems for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Abstract:  Synthetic drugs and monoclonal antibodies are the typical treatments to combat inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). However, side effects are present when these treatments are used, and their continued application could be restricted by the high relapse rate of the disease. One potential alternative to these treatments is the use of plant-derived products. The use curcumin is one such treatment option that has seen an increase in usage in treating IBD. Curcumin is derived from a rhizome of turmeric (Curcuma longa), and the results of studies on the use of curcumin to treat IBD are promising. These studies suggest that curcumin interacts with cellular targets such as NF-B, JAKs/STATs, MAPKs, TNF-, IL-6, PPAR, and TRPV1 and may reduce the progression of IBD. Potentially, curcumin can be used as a therapeutic agent for patients with IBD when it reduces the incidence of clinical relapse. This review discusses the strategies utilized in designing and developing an oral colonic delivery dosage form of curcumin.

read more

05:50

Curcumin-loaded OA400 nanoparticles could be considered as a treatment option in cervical cancer investigations. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Iran J Pharm Res. 2022 Dec ;21(1):e130762. Epub 2022 Oct 16. PMID: 36710992 Abstract Title:  Investigation of Curcumin-Loaded OA400 Nanoparticle's Effect on the Expression ofandHuman Papilloma-Virus Oncogenes andandFactors in HeLa Cell Line. Abstract:  BACKGROUND: Curcumin, a compound derived from the root of the, has been confirmed as an anticancer, chemoprotective, and gene/protein regulatory agent. Nanoformulation of curcumin has been developed to increase its targeting efficiency, solubility, controlled release, and physical and chemical stability.OBJECTIVES: This study investigated the effect of new nano-type curcumin, oleic acid-derived dendrosome (OA400 nanoparticles), on the expression ofandhuman papillomavirus oncogenes andandfactors in the HeLa cell line. After preparing nano-curcumin by mixing OA400 nano-carrier and curcumin, its effect was considered on the human cervical cancer cell line (HeLa cell line RRID: CVCL_003) and normal fibroblast cells.METHODS: MTT assay and flow cytometry were used to evaluate cell viability and apoptosis. Furthermore, real-time RT-PCR and western blot analyses assessed RNA and protein expression of,,, and. Statistical analyses were performed by GraphPad Prism 7 software.RESULTS: The nanoformulation of curcumin could reduce the expression ofandoncogenes and increaseandtumor suppressors in HeLa cancerous cells at 15M concentration; however, it had no significant effect on the viability of normal fibroblast cells. On the other hand, curcumin altered the expression of these genes at a 50-M concentration. Gene and protein expression analysis indicated the up-regulation ofandfactors and the down-regulation ofandunder the influence of nano-curcumin treatment more than curcumin.CONCLUSIONS: These data indicate the potential of curcumin-loaded OA400 nanoparticles to be considered as a treatment option in cervical cancer investigations.

read more

05:39

Shikonin induces apoptosis of SMMC-7721 cells. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2023 Jan 20 ;43(1):92-98. PMID: 36856215 Abstract Title:  [Shikonin induces hepatocellular carcinoma cell apoptosis by suppressing PKM2/PHD3/HIF-1signaling pathway]. Abstract:  OBJECTIVE: To investigate the mechanism of shikonin-induced death of human hepatocellular carcinoma SMMC-7721 cells.METHODS: Cultured SMMC-7721 cells and normal hepatocytes (L-02 cells) were treated with 4, 8, or 16mol/L shikonin, and the changes in cell viability was assessed using MTT assay. The levels of ATP and lactic acid in the cell cultures were detected using commercial kits. Co-immunoprecipitation and immunofluorescence staining were used to determine the relationship among pyruvate kinase M2 (PKM2), prolyl hydroxylase 3 (PHD3), and hypoxia-inducible factor-1(HIF-1). The expressions of PHD3, PKM2, HIF-1, Bax, cleaved caspase-3, and Bcl-2 in SMMC-7721 cells were detected with Western blotting, and cell apoptosis was analyzed with annexin V-FITC/PI staining. The effects of RNA interference of PKM2 on PHD3 and HIF-1expressions in SMMC-7721 cells were detected using Western blotting.RESULTS: The ICof shikonin against SMMC-7721 and L-02 cells was 8.041mol/L and 31.75mol/L, respectively. Treatment with shikonin significantly inhibited the protein expressions of PKM2, HIF-1and PHD3 and nuclear translocation of PKM2 and HIF-1in SMMC-7721 cells. Coimmunoprecipitation and immunofluorescence staining confirmed that shikonin inhibited the formation of PKM2/PHD3/HIF-1complex and significantly reduced the contents of lactic acid and ATP in SMMC-7721 cells (

read more

05:37

These findings imply the potential of shikonin to boost the sensitivity of oxaliplatin to colorectal cancer. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Drug Dev Res. 2023 May ;84(3):542-555. Epub 2023 Feb 13. PMID: 36779379 Abstract Title:  Shikonin potentiates therapeutic efficacy of oxaliplatin through reactive oxygen species-mediated intrinsic apoptosis and endoplasmic reticulum stress in oxaliplatin-resistant colorectal cancer cells. Abstract:  Oxaliplatin (OXA) has been recognized as a third-generation platinum-based chemotherapeutic agent with stellar therapeutic efficacy in managing colorectal cancer (CRC). Nevertheless, resistance to OXA in CRC patients hinders its effectiveness. Shikonin (SHI), a natural naphthoquinone derived from Arnebia euchroma (Royle) Johnst., features a broad pharmacological profile and minimal toxicities. To assess the synergism of SHI and OXA towards OXA-resistant CRC cells (HCT116), we employed in vitro and in vivo pharmacological assays. Our experiments provided evidence that SHI, either alone or in combination with OXA, considerably reduced cell proliferation, triggered apoptosis, and induced the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in HCT116cells. Furthermore, the combination of SHI and OXA dramatically curbed the extent of HCT116-initiated xenograft growth in mouse models. Bioinformatics, western blot, and ROS assays highlighted that the mechanisms of SHI against OXA-resistant CRC cells may involve the induction of cellular responses to chemical stress, intrinsic apoptosis, as well as endoplasmic reticulum stress pathways mediated by ROS. Notably, the synergism of SHI+OXA was partially abrogated by an ROS inhibitor N-acetyl cysteine. Our findings imply the potential of SHI to boost the sensitivity of OXA to CRC, offering promising benefits for clinical strategies to combat OXA resistance.

read more

05:34

Melatonin ameliorates diquat-induced testicular toxicity. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Toxics. 2023 Feb 8 ;11(2). Epub 2023 Feb 8. PMID: 36851035 Abstract Title:  Melatonin Ameliorates Diquat-Induced Testicular Toxicity via Reducing Oxidative Stress, Inhibiting Apoptosis, and Maintaining the Integrity of Blood-Testis Barrier in Mice. Abstract:  Diquat is a fast, potent, and widely used bipyridine herbicide in agriculture and it induces oxidative stress in several animal models. However, its genotoxic effects on the male reproductive system remain unclear. Melatonin is an effective free-radical scavenger, which has antioxidant and anti-apoptotic properties and can protect the testes against oxidative damage. This study aimed to investigate the therapeutic effects of melatonin on diquat-induced testicular injury in mice. The results showed melatonin treatment alleviated diquat-induced testicular injury, including inhibited spermatogenesis, increased sperm malformations, declined testosterone level and decreased fertility. Specifically, melatonin therapy countered diquat-induced oxidative stress by increasing production of the antioxidant enzymes GPX1 and SOD1. Melatonin treatment also attenuated diquat-induced spermatogonia apoptosis in vivo and in vitro by modulating the expression of apoptosis-related proteins, including P53, Cleaved-Caspase3, and Bax/Bcl2. Moreover, melatonin restored the blood-testicular barrier by promoting the expression of Sertoli cell junction proteins and maintaining the ordered distribution of ZO-1. These findings indicate that melatonin protects the testes against diquat-induced damage by reducing oxidative stress, inhibiting apoptosis, and maintaining the integrity of the blood-testis barrier in mice. This study provides a theoretical basis for further research to protect male reproductive health from agricultural pesticides.

read more

05:31

Vitamin C promotes ACE2 degradation and protects against SARS-CoV-2 infection. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  EMBO Rep. 2023 Apr 5 ;24(4):e56374. Epub 2023 Mar 6. PMID: 36876523 Abstract Title:  Vitamin C promotes ACE2 degradation and protects against SARS-CoV-2 infection. Abstract:  ACE2 is a major receptor for cellular entry of SARS-CoV-2. Despite advances in targeting ACE2 to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 binding, strategies to flexibly and sufficiently reduce ACE2 levels for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection have not been explored. Here, we reveal vitamin C (VitC) administration as a potent strategy to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection. VitC reduces ACE2 protein levels in a dose-dependent manner, while even a partial reduction in ACE2 levels can greatly inhibit SARS-CoV-2 infection. Further studies reveal that USP50 is a crucial regulator of ACE2 levels. VitC blocks the USP50-ACE2 interaction, thus promoting K48-linked polyubiquitination of ACE2 at Lys788 and subsequent degradation of ACE2 without affecting its transcriptional expression. Importantly, VitC administration reduces host ACE2 levels and greatly blocks SARS-CoV-2 infection in mice. This study reveals that ACE2 protein levels are down-regulated by an essential nutrient, VitC, thereby enhancing protection against infection of SARS-CoV-2 and its variants.

read more

05:27

Ascorbic acid attenuates cadmium-induced myocardial hypertrophy and cardiomyocyte injury. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  3 Biotech. 2023 Mar ;13(3):108. Epub 2023 Mar 1. PMID: 36875963 Abstract Title:  Ascorbic acid attenuates cadmium-induced myocardial hypertrophy and cardiomyocyte injury through Nrf2 signaling pathways comparable to resveratrol. Abstract:  Chronic cadmium (Cd) exposure severely affects the structural integrity of the heart, leading to cardiovascular disease. This study investigates the protective role of ascorbic acid (AA) and resveratrol (Res) in cellular defense against Cd-induced cardiomyocyte damage and myocardial hypertrophy in H9c2 cardiomyocytes. Experimental results showed that AA and Res treatment significantly increased cell viability, reduced ROS production, attenuated lipid peroxidation, and increased antioxidant enzyme activity in Cd-induced H9c2 cells. AA and Res decreased the mitochondrial membrane permeability and protected the cells from Cd induced cardiomyocyte damage. This also suppressed the pathological hypertrophic response triggered by Cd, which increased the cell size of cardiomyocytes. Gene expression studies revealed that cells treated with AA and Res decreased the expression of hypertrophic genes ANP (two-fold), BNP (one-fold) and- MHC (two-fold) compared to Cd exposed cells. AA and Res promoted the nuclear translocation of Nrf2 and increased the expression of antioxidant genes (HO-1, NQO1, SOD and CAT) during Cd mediated myocardial hypertrophy. This study proves that AA and Res play a significant role in improving Nrf2 signaling, thereby reversing stress-induced injury, and facilitating the regression of myocardial hypertrophy.

read more

05:24

Flavonoids from Hippophae rhamnoides revert doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Int J Mol Sci. 2023 Feb 6 ;24(4). Epub 2023 Feb 6. PMID: 36834585 Abstract Title:  Flavonoids fromLinn. Revert Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity through Inhibition of Mitochondrial Dysfunction in H9c2 Cardiomyoblasts In Vitro. Abstract:  Doxorubicin (Dox) is one of the most frequently prescribed anti-cancer drugs. However, treatment with Dox is limited due to cumulative cardiotoxicity. 3---d-Sophorosylkaempferol-7--{3--[2(E)-2,6-dimethyl-6-hydroxyocta-2,7-dienoyl]}--L-rhamnoside (F-A), kaempferol 3-sophoroside 7-rhamnoside (F-B), and hippophanone (F-C) were successfully obtained by purification and separation of seabuckthorn seed residue in our previous research. This study was undertaken to investigate the protective effect of three flavonoids against Dox-induced H9c2 cell apoptosis. Cell proliferation was detected by MTT assay. 2',7'-Dichlorofluorescein diacetate (DCFH-DA) was used to determine the production of intracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS). ATP content was measured using an assay kit. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) was used to observe changes in mitochondrial ultrastructure. The expression levels of proteins (p-JNK, JNK, p-Akt, Akt, p-P38, P38, p-ERK, ERK, p-Src, Src, Sab, IRE1, Mfn1, Mfn2, and cleaved caspase-3) were evaluated by Western blot. Molecular docking was performed using AutoDock Vina. The three flavonoids could significantly relieve Dox-induced cardiac injury and inhibit cardiomyocyte apoptosis. The mechanisms were mainly related to the stability of mitochondrial structure and function maintained by suppressing the production of intracellular ROS, p-JNK and cleaved caspase-3, and increasing ATP contents and protein expression of mitochondrial mitofusin (Mfn1, Mfn2), Sab and p-Src. Pretreatment with flavonoids fromLinn. can reduce Dox-induced H9c2 cell apoptosis based on the 'JNK-Sab-Ros' signal pathway.

read more

05:21

Development of fermented sea buckthorn ( Hippophae rhamnoides L.) juice and investigation of its antioxidant and antimicrobial activity, GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Front Nutr. 2023 ;10:1120748. Epub 2023 Jan 20. PMID: 36742432 Abstract Title:  Development of fermented sea buckthorn (L.) juice and investigation of its antioxidant and antimicrobial activity. Abstract:  Sea buckthorn (L.) is an edible and medicinal plant species. However, due to its sour taste, it is not readily accepted by consumers. To overcome this, fermentation can be used to change its flavor profile. In this study, we used response surface methodology (RSM) to determine the best process for producing fermented sea buckthorn juice (FSBJ) using probiotics. The biological enzyme activity and total flavonoid content (TFC) of sea buckthorn juice (SBJ) increased after fermentation. When the number of bacteria inoculated was 4.0810CFU/mL and the inoculation ratio was 30%, 5%, 13.75%, 31.25%, 12.5%, and 7.5%, the amount of sugar was 2.98% (w/v) after 20 h of fermentation at 37C, and the superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity reached 725.44 U/mL, and the TFC reached 2.38 mg/mL. FSBJ demonstrated strong antimicrobial activity against,and. Then, to investigate the antioxidant capacity of FSBJ, we used HOto induce oxidative stress in C2C12 cells and assessed the protection conferred by FSBJ to damaged cells. It was discovered that after 24 h of treatment with FSBJ, not only was there an increase in the activities of intracellular SOD and glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px), but also a reduction in reactive oxygen species (ROS) content, catalase (CAT) activity, and malondialdehyde (MDA) content. This research lays the theoretical groundwork and provides reference materials for the improved fermentation of sea buckthorn and demonstrates its resulting antioxidant effect.

read more

05:16

Protective effects of Hippophae rhamnoides phenylpropanoids on doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Molecules. 2022 Dec 13 ;27(24). Epub 2022 Dec 13. PMID: 36557990 Abstract Title:  Protective Effects ofL. Phenylpropanoids on Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiotoxicity in Zebrafish. Abstract:  L. is a deciduous shrub that contains many unique bioactive substances. This sea buckthorn possesses anticancer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and cardiovascular protective properties. Herein, the effects of phenylpropyl compounds extracted fromL. on doxorubicin (Dox)-induced cardiotoxicity were evaluated in zebrafish. Cardiac injury in zebrafish was induced using 35M Dox for 96 h, and 30M phenylpropanoid compounds were used as the protective treatment. The cardioprotective effects and mechanisms of the four phenylpropanoids were investigated using microscopy, behavioral analysis, acridine orange staining, western blotting, flow cytometry, and real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction. The extracted phenylpropanoids could significantly relieve Dox-induced cardiac injury in zebrafish and inhibit cardiomyocyte apoptosis. The mechanisms of action were mainly related to the stability of mitochondrial biogenesis and function maintained by phenylpropanoids in zebrafish. To our knowledge, this is the first report on the protective effect of sea buckthorn against myocardial injury in zebrafish. Our findings provide support for the further research and development of sea buckthorn and its components.

read more

05:09

Effect of seabuckthorn seed protein and its arginine-enriched peptides on combating memory impairment. GreenMedInfo

PMID:  Int J Biol Macromol. 2023 Mar 31 ;232:123409. Epub 2023 Jan 24. PMID: 36706884 Abstract Title:  Effect of seabuckthorn seed protein and its arginine-enriched peptides on combating memory impairment in mice. Abstract:  The current study characterized the combating memory impairment effect of seabuckthorn seed protein (SSP) and the arginine (Arg)-enriched peptides (SSPP) on d-galactose-induced brain aging in mice. The Arg content in SSP and SSPP were 10.11 and 17.82 g/100 g, respectively. Seven Arg peptides (Ile/Leu-Arg, Arg-Glu, Asp-Arg-Pro, Arg-Try-Ala, Glu-Arg-Ser, Val-Gly-Arg-Pro, and Lys-Thr-Glu-Arg) were identified from SSPP. The animal experiments of the Morris water maze and the step-down test indicated that the oral administration of SSP (0.25, 0.5, 1.0 mg/gd) and SSPP (0.25, 0.5, 1.0 mg/gd) significantly (p 

read more

Saturday, 27 May

23:26

On Your Health-May 22 2023 Twila Brase Dr. Tenpenny

05-22-2023 Listen to audio of interview here.   Click on the video below to watch this episode:   https://drtenpenny.b-cdn.net/2023/05-22-23-OYH.mp4 About my guests:   Twila Brase is president and co-founder of []

23:19

222 scientists agree: This is the biggest threat to future generations Healthy Holistic Living

The devastating bushfires that scorched Australia in 2020, claiming over 30 lives and leading to widespread smoke inhalation and psychological distress, emphasized the stark reality of climate changes impact on human health. The rising threat of climate change and its multifaceted repercussions were analyzed in the report, Our Future on Earth, 2020, published by the global sustainability research consortium, Future Earth.

Drawn from a survey of 222 eminent scientists from 52 countries, the report identified five most consequential global risks:

1. Failure in climate change mitigation and adaptation.
  2. Extreme weather events.
  3. Major biodiversity loss leading to ecosystem collapse.
  4. Food crises.
  5. Water crises.

These interconnected threats pose a significant risk to planetary health the well-being of human civilization and the sustainability of the natural systems upon which it relies. Each risk exacerbates the others, potentially leading to a cascading global systemic crisis. This understanding is crucial to move beyond isolated solutions, such as mere vegetation removal to combat bushfires, as sometimes suggested by politicians.

Our collective urgency in reducing our ecological footprint will determine the continued prosperity of humanity on Earth.

Progress Amidst Global Challenges

Beyond identifying global risks, the report also sheds light on progress made in areas such as technology. Digital innovations are utilized not just for economic growth but also for safeguarding ecosystems and promoting fair societies. For example, digital technologies can enhance energy efficiency, reduce emissions, and empower people to monitor and protect ecosystems.

Despite the substantial pressure on Earths systems due to the great acceleration of economic growth in the latter half of the 20th century, theres an opportunity to channel investments towards sustainable development through financial instruments like green bonds and sustainability-linked loans.

Health as a Unifying Lens

Linking these global risks is the lens of human health, providing a practical perspective for policymakers. By viewing sustainable development through this lens, the urgency and personal nature of these risks become clear. Were already seeing tangible health impacts; smoke from the 2020 Australian bushfires exposed about half of the countrys population to hazardous levels of air pollution for weeks, causing a rise in anxiety levels.

Despite the urgency of these risks, the transition to su...

22:59

Discerning the Decision: 8 Indicators That Matrimony Might Not Be for You Healthy Holistic Living

Whether youve been in a committed relationship for a considerable period or youve been traversing the journey of life independently, you might have encountered the rather intrusive question: When are you tying the knot? Marriage, however, isnt a one-size-fits-all concept and theres an increasing trend of individuals realizing that they might not be destined for matrimony. And thats absolutely fine.

Akin to the annoyingly inevitable When are you having kids? query that couples often receive, having others prescribe life plans can be rather off-putting. Remember, the choice of walking down the aisle is a significant decision and entirely yours to make.

While the paparazzi once scrutinized celebrity couples like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, who have remained unwed since 1983, and Oprah Winfrey and Stedman Graham, a couple since 1986, the narrative has been shifting in recent years. Instead of portraying a lack of marriage as a void, the world has started acknowledging that these individuals arent leading an unfulfilled life, but rather are living in a way that suits them best.

The stereotype of an unmarried woman in her 30s or 40s being a lost cause is becoming less prevalent. Its important to remember that marriage isnt the only route to happiness or stability.

If youre getting a sense that marriage might not align with your aspirations, honor that intuition. Below are some signs that you might find fulfillment in being single or maintaining a long-term relationship without the official title of spouse.

Red Flags That Matrimony May Not Be Your Destiny

1. Unwillingness to Compromise:
    • Its not a bad trait, but if you find comfort in routines and specific ways of doing things, being part of a marriage might lead to discontentment.
    • If a partners different method of doing mundane tasks, such as loading a dishwasher, irks you, its a sign you cherish your independence.
  2. Relationships Seem Overly Complicated:
    • You appreciate companionship, but also value your freedom.
    • Youve yet to meet someone who significantly enhances your life or compels you to contemplate a future together.
  3. The Concept of a Dream Wedding Doesnt Resonate with You:
    • Not everyone daydreams about their perfect wedding. If wedding planning sounds more exhausting than exciting to you, this could signal that marriage isnt your ultimate goal.
  4. Commitment Concerns:
    • Honesty about this is crucial. If the idea of committing to one pers...

22:39

Reasons Why Highly Intelligent People Have Messy Houses Healthy Holistic Living

Your Messy Home and Intellectual Prowess
Disheartened for not hopping on the Marie Kondo organizing train? Breathe easy. An untidy home is often a reflection of intelligence and creativity. Findings from various studies support the notion that clutter is not always negative.

According to psychological research, individuals residing in a disorderly environment tend to demonstrate increased open-mindedness and intellectual acuity. You can access the study in this link.

Clutter and Charitable Disposition: The Unexpected Correlation A remarkable investigation by the University of Minnesotas Carlson School of Management identified that homeowners with a cluttered living space not only exhibit a broader perspective but also tend to be more altruistic. This article examines the intriguing relationship between messiness and charity.

Given the deluge of articles and YouTube tutorials emphasizing the need for minimalism and decluttering, researcher Kathleen Vohs proposes a refreshing alternative.

Shattering the Status Quo: A Disorderly Space Sparks Innovation Vohs believes, Disorderly environments inspire breaking free of tradition, which can produce fresh insights. Orderly environments, on the other hand, encourage convention and playing it safe. This perspective echoes the study, which involved 188 participants.

In this study, subjects residing in cluttered environments were more likely to experiment with novel concepts than their orderly counterparts. Vohs celebrates the validation of clutters potential advantages.

Empowering the Messy: The Upside of Untidiness Theres a multibillion-dollar industry dedicated to assisting people declutter their lives. Relationship partners, employers, everyone wants you to be neat but there may be times when being messy is beneficial, too. I believe this is a triumphant moment for those who embrace their clutter, Vohs shares.

So next time your living room appears chaotic, dont stress its just a testament to your brilliance.

Traits of Highly Intelligent Individuals While messiness is one sign, highly intelligent people often exhibit several common traits, such as:

• Curiosity and willingness to explore new ideas
  • Adaptability to different situations
  • Open-mindedness and acceptance of differing perspectives
  • Advanced problem-solving abilities
  • High degree of creativity and originality

According to Psychology Today, approximately 2% of the population, or 140 million people worldwide, fall into the category of highly intelligent, with an IQ score of 130 or above.

Multiple Types of Intelligence Howard Gardners theory of mult...

22:25

8 Things A Narcissist Cannot Do For You (Or Anyone Else) Healthy Holistic Living

If youve managed to steer clear from narcissists, be it in your romantic life or within your family circle, youre indeed fortunate.

Narcissism stands as one of the most detrimental personality traits one can possess, capable of causing profound harm to those in their proximity. Narcissists are engrossed in their own desires and needs, thrive on adoration from others, and skillfully manipulate situations to their advantage.

This article delves into eight key areas narcissists are unable to navigate, even towards individuals they ostensibly care about.

1. Genuine Empathy

Narcissists, often unknowingly, inflict pain upon their closest acquaintances. Unfortunately, they lack the capacity to genuinely empathize with the feelings of others. If youre involved with a narcissist, its critical to comprehend that expressing your emotions may be perceived as an attack, inciting defensive reactions.

2. Show Interest in Your Troubles

Narcissists lack interest in your difficulties. Unless the topic revolves around them, your concerns will likely be disregarded or overshadowed by their own issues. They offer little to no comfort or reassurance, particularly when youre dealing with personal problems.

3. Genuine Apologies

Expecting an apology from a narcissist could lead to disappointment. Their initial response will often be gaslighting, aiming to deflect blame by challenging your memory or sanity. If their gaslighting fails, theyll attempt to shift focus to your mistakes.

4. Elevate Your Self-esteem

Rather than boosting your self-esteem, narcissists might demean you, particularly in public. This belittling provides them with a sense of superiority, as narcissists find being anything less than the pinnacle of attention distasteful.

5. Assume Responsibility for Their Actions

A narcissist will seldom acknowledge their faults or shortcomings. In their perspective, they epitomize perfection, and when things go south, its always someone elses fault, not theirs.

Relevant studies:

A study published in Personality and Individual Differences journal shows that narcissism is positively correlated with psychological abuse in romantic relationships.

6. Offer Emotional Support

Narcissists excel at making others feel insignificant, thus do not anticipate emotional support from them. They often relish in controlling and belittling others, making the victim feel powerless.

7. Gratitude for Your Gestures

If youre involved with a narcissist and make elaborate plans to show them your love, brace yourself for disappointment. Your thoughts and emotions behind your actions are of no consequence to them; what they want and need is paramount.

8. Genuine Love

While narciss...

20:00

Should Everyone Be in Therapy? Mad In America

Everyone should be in therapy.

Its a sentiment I heard just about every day when I was in graduate school to become a therapist. But its also something I hear now from friends, acquaintanceseven stand-up comics.

Should everyone be in therapy?

Its a difficult proposition to test. Those who dont think they need therapy, or who dont think therapy is useful, are not particularly likely to go to therapy. Any study of therapys usefulness, therefore, contains only people who need therapy (or think they do) and who already think therapy is helpfulthe very people for whom therapy is probably useful (or for whom the placebo effect is largest, since they expect to improve in therapy). Existing studies generally focus on people with specific psychiatric diagnoses, and usually those who have pretty severe symptoms.

Everyone should be in therapy is a statement that assumes a lot. First, theres the neoliberal assumption that no matter how good youre doing, no matter how content or even happy you are, theres always something you should be working on. And then, even if there is perhaps something you could work on, the assumption that therapy can help. For instance, theres a meme floating around the internet that men will do anything but go to therapy. But has there ever been even a single study testing whether therapy can reduce toxic masculinity or promote healthy masculinity? (Answer: Not that I could find.)

Theres really no evidence base for the idea that everyone should be in therapy. But proponents will also tell you that theres no real downside. Therapy can only help, so why not give it a try?

But is that so? There are some obvious harms: wasting your time and money, of course. But researchers since the 60s have noted that therapy can also cause psychological distress, problems with existing relationships, and even relaxation-induced anxiety and panic. Even our current darlings, like mindfulness, can lead to increased anxiety, pain, and dissociative states like depersonalization and derealization.

Proponents of therapy argue that many of these effects are transient and that the positive effects of therapy overshadow these potential harms. And some of these issues may...

Just Say No to Statins Articles

In the U.S. alone, 40 million adults take statin cholesterol-lowering medications in the mistaken belief that this will reduce their risk of heart disease.1 But lowering your cholesterol is not the panacea to heart health that youve been led to believe.

On The Joe Rogan Experience, Dr. Aseem Malhotra, an interventional cardiologist consultant from the U.K., speaks out about the overprescribing of statins for heart disease and the widespread myths about cholesterol and your heart that still permeate modern medicine.2

Only Extremely High Levels Were a Problem

The Framingham Study, which began in 1948, involved 5,209 people from Massachusetts.3 It was instrumental in starting the myth that high total cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease, but what many people dont realize is the correlation only existed if cholesterol was over 300 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dl). Very few people have total cholesterol that high, Malhotra says.4

Further, he believes, your cholesterol levels are 80% genetics. In your body, cholesterol is necessary for maintaining cell membranes and it plays a role in the immune system and synthesizing hormones and vitamin D.

In the Framingham Study, the majority of people with cholesterol levels over 300 mg/dl had a genetic condition called familial hyperlipidemia, which leads to very high levels of cholesterol. About 1 in 250 people have this condition, according to Malhotra.5

What also wasnt widely publicized about the Framingham Study was what occurred in people who were in their 50s, 60s and beyond. In this age range, as cholesterol dropped, mortality rate increased. So, the association of cholesterol and heart disease is quite weak, first and foremost, Malhotra says.6

Malhotra and colleagues conducted a study to determine if a correlation exists with lowering LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol and preventing heart attacks and strokes, and no clear correlation was found. This is based upon randomized, controlled trial data, so this is the most robust evidence you can get, he says.7

LD...

Scientists Create Lab-Grown Frankenfish Articles

The foundation for food manufacturers promotion of Frankenfood is the claim that lab-grown, plant-based, or 3D-printed meat and fish are humane, sustainable and environmentally friendly methods of food production. Yet, what the industry never talks about are the energy and water consumption required for these laboratory creations and the possible effects on human health.

What the fake meat industry doesn't tell you is that their products are not healthy alternatives to natural meat, but are just another name for ultraprocessed food, filled with genetically engineered and pesticide-laden ingredients designed to look as much like meat as possible. Scientific evidence demonstrates that consuming ultraprocessed food can shorten your lifespan and increase your risk for chronic disease.1,2

One of the key players in this agricultural agenda is the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Bill Gates' desire for the widespread adoption of synthetic meat is tied to controlling the food supply. When asked whether he thinks plant-based and lab-grown meats could be a global solution to protein, he said that in poor countries "we'll have to use animal genetics," and in middle- to above-income countries, yes, and that people can "get used" to it.3

Bill Gates owns more farmland in the U.S. than any other private farmer, having purchased 270,000 acres much of it considered some of the richest soil in the U.S. in the past few years.4 The future of that farmland remains to be seen. Currently, Gates acts as a landlord and lets the farmers continue to work the land, even if those practices are ruinous to the environment.5

It's worth noting that when you own the land, you also own the water that's beneath it, and with his vast amounts of land, he can grow all the genetically engineered soy necessary to create the fake meat he wants the world to be eating.

For those who control resources like food and water, control of the food supply is part of "building back better," and the power is limitless. Fake meats are not about your health or the environment; they are a tool to phase out farmers, ranchers and fishermen and replace them with a controllable ultraprocessed food product.

Not only is ultraprocessed lab-grown meat not a healthy choice, but its production is plagued with environmental and contamination concerns. Ironically, the real wave of the future wont be found through technology, but through the return to regenerative fa...

The Dangers of Root Canals and How to Treat Them Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published April 11, 2021.

In this interview, Dr. Val Kanter, a board-certified endodontist and biological dentist with a practice in Beverly Hills, California, discusses the oft-ignored dangers of root canal procedures and modern technologies with which these issues can be effectively addressed and corrected.

Unfortunately, few regular dentists fully appreciate the intimate links between your oral health and overall physical health and, as a result, some of their interventions can actually cause catastrophic health challenges.

The sad reality is that if we knew how to eat properly from the time we were born, the need for just about any type of dentistry would, in my view, decrease by at least 90%, because we just wouldn't develop cavities.

Thankfully we have trained professionals who can help restore our health, and Kanter is one of them. Her transition into holistic dentistry occurred after she moved from Florida to California and started doing some self-exploration.

"I had some enlightening moments," she says, "and it was really interesting because I was raised in mainstream dentistry and mainstream health, not really understanding what I do now. It was through that self-discovery that I actually learned about water fluoridation and the major damage that has created.

I got involved with the Fluoride Action Network and worked closely with Michael [Connett] for a long time, publishing research on some of the damages. One of the things that is so obvious to us is fluorosis in kids. It was originally thought to affect only 10% of kids, and now we're up to a place where it's affecting 50% or more.

That's a window. It's a view of what's happening inside the body. That's what got me on the path and that led me into learning about ozone and laser therapy and it really opened up a whole new world for me in the field of endodontics."

Do You Really Need a Root Canal?

One of the founding members of the American Endodontics Society, Dr. George Meinig, wrote the book "Root Canal Cover-Up." Its a really good primer and provides solid information as to why you may want to consider avoiding root canal treatment.

The conventional idea is that its best to preserve whatever you can of the original tooth rather than replacing it entirely. Hence, theyll do a root canal and attach a crown rather than pull the tooth and replace it, typically with an implant. The downside is that root canal-treated teeth can cause significant health...

07:25

20,000% Increase in Retinal Eye Damage Following COVID-19 Vaccination Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy

Earlier this month (May, 2023) a large scale study was published in the npj Vaccines journal, which is part of the Nature.com Portfolio, and looked at the Risk assessment of retinal vascular occlusion after COVID-19 vaccination.

According to the study:

Retinal vein occlusion (RVO) is the second most prevalent cause of visual loss related to retinal vascular diseases, after diabetic retinopathy. RVO is related to thromboembolism caused by vessel compression, vasospasm, or degeneration of vascular walls.

The study included 7,318,437 people from the TriNetX network divided into vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, and they concluded that individuals with COVID-19 vaccination had a higher risk of all forms of retinal vascular occlusion in 2 years after vaccination, with an overall hazard ratio of 2.19 (95% confidence interval 2.002.39).

This is one of the first large scale studies published that examined COVID-19 vaccination side effects which are continuing more than 2 years following a COVID-19 injection.

The cumulative incidence of retinal vascular occlusion was significantly higher in the vaccinated cohort compared to the unvaccinated cohort, 2 years and 12 weeks after vaccination. The risk of retinal vascular occlusion significantly increased during the first 2 weeks after vaccination and persisted for 12 weeks.

Additionally, individuals with first and second dose of BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 had significantly increased risk of retinal vascular occlusion 2 years following vaccination, while no disparity was detected between brand and dose of vaccines.

This large multicenter study strengthens the findings of previous cases. Retinal vascular occlusion may not be a coi...

07:25

20,000% Increase in Retinal Eye Damage Following COVID-19 Vaccination Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

Earlier this month (May, 2023) a large scale study was published in the npj Vaccines journal, which is part of the Nature.com Portfolio, and looked at the Risk assessment of retinal vascular occlusion after COVID-19 vaccination.

According to the study:

Retinal vein occlusion (RVO) is the second most prevalent cause of visual loss related to retinal vascular diseases, after diabetic retinopathy. RVO is related to thromboembolism caused by vessel compression, vasospasm, or degeneration of vascular walls.

The study included 7,318,437 people from the TriNetX network divided into vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, and they concluded that individuals with COVID-19 vaccination had a higher risk of all forms of retinal vascular occlusion in 2 years after vaccination, with an overall hazard ratio of 2.19 (95% confidence interval 2.002.39).

This is one of the first large scale studies published that examined COVID-19 vaccination side effects which are continuing more than 2 years following a COVID-19 injection.

The cumulative incidence of retinal vascular occlusion was significantly higher in the vaccinated cohort compared to the unvaccinated cohort, 2 years and 12 weeks after vaccination. The risk of retinal vascular occlusion significantly increased during the first 2 weeks after vaccination and persisted for 12 weeks.

Additionally, individuals with first and second dose of BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273 had significantly increased risk of retinal vascular occlusion 2 years following vaccination, while no disparity was detected between brand and dose of vaccines.

This large multicenter study strengthens the findings of previous cases. Retinal vascular occlusion may not be a coi...

06:56

20,000% Increase in Retinal Eye Damage Following COVID-19 Vaccination Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

According to the study:

The cumulative incidence of retina...

06:44

Woman who got gel manicures for years can now barely move her hands Healthy Holistic Living

Subsequent to numerous treatments over several years, Lisa Dewey encountered her first difficulty with her beloved nail products

Lisa Dewey, a 36-year-old mother, has experienced an alleged allergy to nail products that has left her hands barely functional and has impacted her self-confidence. She had been enjoying her routine nail sessions for many years without any previous issues.

However, in February, she suffered an inflammatory response to a gel nail application, which led to her nails peeling away from their beds. Initially, it was misdiagnosed as a bacterial infection and she was prescribed antibiotics and a steroid cream.

However, after another nail treatment in the form of acrylics, her condition worsened. Her hands were in great pain and her nails were severely irritated. She found basic tasks such as washing her daughters hair, fastening a seatbelt, or holding a pen to be agonizingly difficult.

After years of treatments Lisa Dewey first had a problem earlier this year
https://t.co/Bg1v77iHFG Plymouth Live (@Plymouth_Live) May 9, 2023

Here are the facts of the story:

• Lisa, a mother of two and a NHS cleaner from Pattishall, Northamptonshire, had been a long-time fan of acrylics and gel nails.
  • When her nail condition first manifest...

03:01

Gabapentin Withdrawal: One Year Later Mad In America

In my first article, I went into detail about my initial withdrawal experience with Gabapentin. If you remember, I was absolutely clueless that Gabapentin could cause physical dependency so quickly and lead to devastating withdrawal symptoms. Since stopping Gabapentin, I have had to, unfortunately, deal with withdrawal symptoms that have impacted my daily life in some way almost every day. Even after a failed cold turkey of 600mgs in December 2021, a successful reinstatement of 200mgs in January 2022, and a four-month taper, I was utterly unprepared for this experience. And even though I was only on the medication for a little over six months, I am still traveling down the long road of psychiatric drug withdrawal.

Over the past year, I have learned a lot and would like to share more about this experience with the hope of helping others. As I am writing this, there are currently over 15 thousand members in the Gabapentin/Lyrica support group that I am a member of. Many have experienced life-changing withdrawal symptoms while tapering off of Gabapentinoids, and have suffered for years. I am simply one member with my own unique story. And so, in this article, I would like to share with you what has happened over the past year since I stopped taking Gabapentin.

Perhaps I would not be in this position if I had tapered to 0.1 mgs of Gabapentin. Its impossible to know for sure, but at the time, I believed I could get off this medication quickly because I had only been on it for a few months. While I did taper some, I got to the point where I felt like putting the medication in my body for even more time would do more harm than good, so I stopped the drug on the morning of May 25, 2022. Here is what has happened since that day.

I have tried to keep track of all the symptoms I have experienced over the past year. For those of us who have experienced psychiatric withdrawa...

00:51

Are Air Fryers Really Healthier? The Healthy Home Economist

To access this post, you must be a member of Healthy Home Plus.

If you are already logged in as a member, please refresh the page.

The post Are Air Fryers Really Healthier? appeared first on The Healthy Home Economist.

Friday, 26 May

21:19

Father's Day Gift Idea: The Real RFK Jr Trials of a Truth Warrior Age of Autism The Rebel Alliance!

Real RFK Jr Book CoverHere's a great Father's Day gift idea. The Real RFK Jr Trials of a Truth Warrior from Skyhorse Publishing is available NOW for pre-order. It's already #1 on the Amazon best sellers list.

By Dick Russell

An epic biography filled with drama, conflict, and surmounted challenges.

The Real RFK Jr. is an intimate biographical portrait examining the controversial activist's journey from anguish and addiction to becoming the country's leading environmental champion fighting government corruption, corporate greed, and a captured media. Written by his longtime colleague Dick Russell, the biography also exposes the misconceptions and explains the rationale behind Kennedy's campaign to protect public health.

Provided exclusive source material, including access to Kennedys unpublished writings and personal journals, the author conducted dozens of interviews with him as well as numerous friends and associates. Russell delves into everything from Kennedys sometimes death-defying river rafting adventures to his pioneering legal cases against polluters such as Smithfield Foods and Monsanto, while founding the worlds largest water protection group. The Real RFK Jr. also examines Kennedys pursuit of the truth about the assassinations of his father and uncle, the wrongful murder conviction of his cousin, and the false narratives around the COVID-19 pandemic.

21:00

CDC Reports Fourth Death Blamed on Contaminated Eye Drops Science-Based Medicine

An outbreak of deadly ocular infections, which have cost some people their vision and even their life, has been traced to contaminated eye drops.

The post CDC Reports Fourth Death Blamed on Contaminated Eye Drops first appeared on Science-Based Medicine.

20:00

Three journals web domains expired. Then major indexes pointed to hijacked versions Retraction Watch

Anna Abalkina

Have you heard about hijacked journals, which take over legitimate publications titles, ISSNs, and other metadata without their permission? We recently launched the Retraction Watch Hijacked Journal Checker, and will be publishing regular posts like this one to tell the stories of some of those cases. 

When web domains of legitimate journals expire, fraudulent publishers have an opening to hijack them by registering the expired domains and creating clone websites that mimic the genuine journal.  

In 2015, John Bohannon found fraudulent publishers had hijacked the websites of several legitimate journals indexed in Web of Science. The expired domains of GMP Review and Ludus Vitalis, which Web of Science listed as their official homepages, were registered by the fraudulent publishers, who created clone journals offering to publish papers for a fee. 

Taking over expired domains remains a successful strategy for fraudulent publishers, because potential authors may use the websites listed in scientometric databases to verify the authenticity of a journal. Recently, three examples have come to light of journals with domains that expired and were hijacked by fake journals.

One of the hijacked titles is the Russian Law Journal. The website of the journal expired at the end of 2022, and a new journal imitating the original was set up by January 2023:

Training Strategies for Endurance and Maximum Longevity Articles

In the video above, Siim Land, author of Metabolic Autophagy: Practice Intermittent Fasting and Resistance Training to Build Muscle and Promote Longevity,1 reviews the findings of a new systematic review published in the March-April 2023 issue of Missouri Medicine.

The paper, titled Training Strategies to Optimize Cardiovascular Durability and Life Expectancy,2 reviewed studies published between 2011 and 2022 that assessed the effects of duration and intensity of exercise, and specific types of training or sports on long-term cardiovascular health and life expectancy.

Not surprisingly, a sedentary lifestyle was associated with an elevated risk of cardiovascular problems and shorter lifespans, and physical activity was associated with improved health and longer life. What was somewhat surprising was the type of physical activity that garnered the best results.

The authors concluded that high amounts of strenuous exercise were nowhere nearly as beneficial as moderate exercise, strength training and interactive sports or play. These results again refute the idea that if something is good, more must be better. In the case of exercise and physical activity, moderation is the key to optimal health and longevity.

A key finding here is that the benefits of vigorous high-intensity training plateau at a level much less than moderate exercise, and continuing to push past it doesnt give you any additional benefit, and in fact may likely be counterproductive. On the other hand, the benefits of moderate activity continue to accrue, with no real endpoint.

Benefits of Vigorous Activity Plateau

A key piece of evidence for this was a Harvard School of Public Health study3 described as a landmark, long-term, prospective, cohort study that evaluated the links between leisure-time physical activity duration and intensity with all-cause mortality and cause-specific mortality.

As explained in Training Strategies to Optimize Cardiovascular Durability and Life Expectancy:4

This...

Testing Shows Substantial Glyphosate in Foods and Population Articles

Editor's Note: This article is a reprint. It was originally published October 29, 2017.

As food has become increasingly adulterated, contaminated and genetically engineered, the need for laboratory testing has exponentially grown. John Fagan, president of Health Research Institute Labs (HRI Labs), is an expert in this area. As explained by Fagan, HRI Labs "makes the invisible, visible, giving you the ability to see what is in your food and your environment."

Fagan studied biochemistry and molecular biology at Cornell University, where he also got his Ph.D. After doing research for eight years at the National Institutes of Health, he went into academia and conducted cancer research using genetic engineering as a research tool. This experience is ultimately what raised his concerns about genetic engineering, especially as it pertains to food.

As a result, he created the first lab for GMO testing in the U.S., followed by labs in Europe and Japan. He's also trained laboratories in 17 other countries in GMO testing. "What this did was make GMOs visible. Before that testing was there, nobody could tell whether those soybeans, or that corn was genetically engineered or not," Fagan says. "After GMO testing was available, people had a choice."

HRI Labs tests both micronutrients and toxins the good and the bad. "We feel that the kind of testing we're doing can open a window for you in each of those areas, so you can make better choices about the food you eat, and that you share with your family," he says.

Testing Techniques and Equipment

There are several types of tests that can be done on a GMO food. Antigens are one type of test. DNA testing is another. Since DNA is far more stable than proteins, genetically engineered foods, even when highly processed, can be easily identified with DNA testing.

A test commonly used to check DNA is the polymerase chain reaction or PCR test. Because it amplifies the DNA signal, it can detect even a single genetically engineered corn kernel in a bag containing 10,000 or more corn kernels.

The chromatograph linked to a mass spectrometer is another central piece of equipment that HRI uses. It allows you to test for a wide variety of things at very high sensitivity. Unfortunately, the cost and complexity involved prevents many labs from having this tool.

"Liquid chromatography is capable of taking a sample of food or whatever you're interested in, and fractionating it into hundreds of compounds, separating them out. That is then fed into a mass spectrometer; a machine that measures, ultimately, molecular weight of whatever it's looking at.

Filters in the Age of Information Overload Articles

This article was originally published here.

One of my colleagues has advanced a compelling theory to explain why a palpable madness seems to be gripping our society and more and more people seem to be going off the rails.

"So much information is available now we are constantly bombarded with, that it has exceeded the processing capacity of the human mind. That is making a lot of people destabilize inside, and as the information glut increases, this problem will continue to worsen."

Recently I wrote an article describing my thought process on navigating controversial topics with a high degree of ambiguity. It specifically focused on how critical it is to avoid getting attached to any specific interpretation you have of what is occurring.

This is both because, due to the ambiguity present, it is challenging to be sure of any interpretation (so becoming attached to a specific one becomes a barrier to seeing the truth) and because it is not healthy for your mind or spirit to covet and treasure some rare idea it has become in possession of. Since this has been a common issue I've observed with the nanotech in vaccines issue, I chose to use it to illustrate the point, but this same thing applies to countless other subjects too.

When I reviewed that article, I realized there was a critical point I forgot to mention how do we, as human beings, effectively deal with an overwhelming volume of information? This issue is a variant of a common issue meditation schools have dealt with throughout history, and they can provide some insights on both the topic at hand and the practice of medicine in general.

Note: Henceforth, I will use the term "subconsciousness." Arguments can also be made that "unconsciousness" is more correct. I thought this over for a while, and I am not ultimately not sure which should be used here.

Focusing on Value

In many environments you are in, a massive amount of data is present that the conscious mind cannot keep track of. However, to a large extent, the subconsciousness does and directs your focus to what in the environment has "value" for your conscious mind to be aware of.

One classic example is the "Cocktail party effect," where you can be in a room where many people are having conversations that blur together. Still, for some reason, you can immediately zero in on the one conversation where your name was mentioned. Most of you have probably experienced this numerous times, and the same principle holds in many other instances as well.

I have seen various explanations put...

08:11

Drink pineapple water in the morning for a year ( and these things happen) Healthy Holistic Living

The refreshing and succulent taste of pineapple-infused water offers a plethora of health benefits, and its a great beverage to enjoy at any time of the year.

Historically, fruit-infused water, also known as agua fresca, originates from Mexico. The Aztecs would combine fruit with water as they navigated the waters near what is now Mexico City. They even added ice from neighboring dormant volcanoes to make the concoction more refreshing.

Thanks to modern conveniences, preparing fruit-infused water, particularly pineapple water, is now simpler and safer. Its no longer a complicated procedure, making it an easy and delicious way to stay hydrated.

Keri Glassman, MS, RD, CDN, founder of Nutritious Life, suggests that pineapple water, due to its low sugar and calorie content, can serve as a healthful substitute for sugar-loaded beverages like soda and juice.

This article offers insights into the process of making pineapple water, its health benefits, and a simple recipe to prepare this invigorating beverage at home.

Understanding Pineapple Water

Pineapple water is essentially a delicious mixture of chilled water and pineapple. Its an excellent choice for individuals seeking to increase their water intake by making it more flavorful.

Creating Pineapple Water

There are two popular methods to make pineapple water:

1. Soak chunks of fresh pineapple in water.
  2. Blend freshly cut pineapple with water and strain out the pulp.

For those who prefer a pulpy consistency, you can choose not to strain the pineapple water and enjoy the full benefits of the pineapple.

Easy Pineapple Water Recipe

Heres a simple recipe to create pineapple water at home:

Ingredients:

• 1 Medium-sized pineapple
  • 6 cups water
  • Fresh herbs and spices (mint, basil, ginger recommended)
  • Ice

Procedure:

1. Test the pineapple for ripeness: The best pineapples for this recipe are ripe and sweet. Look for pineapples that are firm but slightly soft, have a sweet smell, and have leaves that pull away easily.
  2. Prepare and steep: Cut the pineapple into pieces and steep it in the water. The longer you steep it, the more pineapple flavor your water will have.
  3. Add flavor: Enhance your pineapple waters taste with herbs and spices. Mint, basil, and ginger pair well with pineapple, but feel free to use your preferred herbs and spices.

Exploring the Health Benefits of Pineapple Water

1. Ultra-hydrating

Pineapple water is an excellent way to stay hydrated as pineapple contains 87% water.

2. Reduces inflammation and pain

Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme known for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties....

08:02

In-Depth: Patients Struggling to Shed ADHD Label Mad In America

From The Epoch Times: As the number of people seeking ADHD diagnoses continues to surge, some patients may face challenges in having their official diagnosis reversed if they come to believe it was incorrect or regret it at a later stage.

The number of adults seeking a diagnosis of ADHD, or attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, has soared in recent years. Talking to the BBC in January, the ADHD Foundation said it had seen a 400 percent rise in adults going to them compared to before the COVID-19 pandemic.

recent BBC documentary found that people are turning to private clinics that use quick unreliable online assessments while offering powerful medication, to leapfrog long waiting listsup to seven yearson the NHS.

Amid mounting concerns surrounding the rise, accessibility, and unreliability of ADHD diagnoses, some patients may want to remove a lifelong ADHD label, considering that this often leads to long-term treatment with medications such as Ritalin, methylphenidate, and lisdexamfetamine.

In most cases, a diagnosis of ADHD in the UK cannot be simply removed due to a change of heart . . .

A Diagnosis Can Halt Recovery

Dr. Damian Wilde, a psychologist with many years of clinical and therapeutic experience in the NHS, told The Epoch Times that as people start to understand themselves, people may start to challenge the diagnosis.

Sometimes, a diagnosis can halt recovery, he said, adding that people say I have this illness, so, therefore, Im always going to struggle to a certain extent, which can make recovery harder.

. . . On an ADHD diagnosis, he said that once somethings been stamped on someones medical file, its almost like its set in stone.

He said that adults who challenged psychiatric diagnosis have sent letter after letter after letter, and face a sort of arduous process, which is distressing for them.

But its strange in a way because there isnt actually categorical proof that this disorder exists, he said.

Wilde says that though ADHD isnt an illness in the way many people think it is, the struggles and distress are very real.

While some may celebrate the label, others surrender to it. The problem with an ADHD diagnosis is that it can become part of a persons identity, which can halt recovery from otherwise resolvable issues.

A formulation gives a personalised individualised understanding of a person which a diagnosis cant, said Wilde.

Beginning to Lionise Traits Around Vulnerability

Ben Harris, a psychotherapist in private practice in London, told The Epoch Times that the recent BBC docume...

07:50

The Incredible Sports Car Powered by Salt Water Healthy Holistic Living

The Incredible Sports Car Powered by Salt Water

Could a sports car operating purely on salt water be real? It may sound like a plot point in a futuristic film, but the reality is even more impressive. The inaugural model of the four-seat Quant e-Sportlimousine boasts an amazing 920 horsepower (680 kW), capable of accelerating from 0-60 miles per hour in a swift 2.8 seconds. Not only does this speedy car have a top speed of a staggering 217 miles per hour, but it has also gained approval for use across Europe!

No price tag has been announced yet, though its expected to be in the ballpark of $1.5 million. The anticipation is even higher for the second iteration of this vehicle, known as the Quant F, which promises even more enhancements.

The arrival of this innovation is thrilling news as it could dramatically decrease our reliance on fossil fuels. Adopting water as a fuel source offers a sustainable and eco-friendly technology, posing a serious challenge to the traditional oil and gas industries. While this isnt the first attempt at water-fuelled vehicles, most predecessors have slowly faded away. So what makes this vehicle special?

The Mechanics Behind the Salt Water Car

The underlying concept is somewhat similar to that of a hydrogen fuel cell, but it substitutes hydrogen for salt water. The salt water flows through a membrane in two tanks, triggering an electrical charge. This generated electricity is stored in a super capacitor and supplied to four motors housed inside the car, which is equipped with two 200-litre tanks. The vehicle can travel up to 600 km on a single charge.

To clarify, the car doesnt directly use salt water for propulsion. Instead, it employs tanks (or batteries) of charged electrolyte fluids, essentially salt water, to store potential energy in a highly efficient manner. You can get a detailed explanation of this in the video linked below.

The NanoFlowcell technology opens up exciting possibilities that could redefine our perception of energy at large. Salt-water cars are just the tip of the iceberg.

In the words of NanoFlowcell AG Chairman of the Board Professor Jens-Peter Ellermann, Weve got major plans, and not just within the automobile industry. The potential of the NanoFlowcell is much greater, especially in terms of domestic energy supplies as well as in maritime, rail and aviation technology.

The Prospects of the Quant e-Sportlimousine

Despite the numerous alternative-fuel inventions that have come and gone, it appears that the Quant e-Sportlimousine has real potential.

The designers argue that their NanoFlowcell system can deliver a significantly higher range than traditional electric car batteries, and theyve already made significant advancements. The upgraded model, the Quant F, boasts a range of 800 kilometers (around 500 miles) when fully charged. It can achieve...

07:43

U.S. Top Cookie Competitor, Hydrox, Experiences Sales Boom Following Non-GMO Transition Healthy Holistic Living

Renowned American cookie brand, Oreo, is a top-seller with almost $700 million in sales for Nabisco back in 2017. However, the famous treats health risks, primarily due to GMO content and a high concentration of the controversial Monsantos glyphosate, have raised concerns among health-conscious consumers. In this context, Hydrox, Oreos major competitor, has taken a significant step forward by transitioning to non-GMO ingredients, potentially signaling a positive shift in the industrys standards.

Hydroxs Game-Changing Move: Going Non-GMO

As Oreos long-standing competitor, Hydrox, revealed its plan in 2017 to exclude GMO ingredients from its product formulation. This modification was further highlighted with new labels. By March 14 of the current year, Hydrox became the inaugural national sandwich cookie brand to earn non-GMO certification.

Im thrilled and honored to outdo Oreo since consumers are demanding clean labeling on their food. I dont believe Oreo would increase their cost for using high-quality ingredients like us, Ellia Kassoff, of Leaf Brands company, confidently stated.

Subsequently, Hydrox decided to ban artificial flavors from its popular sandwich cookies and declared on July 8 that the cookies are now vegan.

History and Vision of Hydrox

Having been in the market since 1908, Hydrox, though not making the top 10 best-selling cookies in the U.S., is recognized for its similarity to the renowned Nabisco brand. Interestingly, the Hydrox sandwich cookie was introduced to the market four years before Oreo, in 1912.

Currently, Hydrox seeks to expand its market share by offering a non-GMO product, especially considering the growing sales trend in this category.

Many of Americas top ice cream producers, bakeries, and candy makers are considering replacing their current cookies with our non-GMO, clean label Hydrox. We view this as a growing market trend, Garvey Daniels, VP of Sales for Leaf Brands, mentioned in a press release.

While Mondelez focuses on cost reduction with Oreo, our priority is crafting a superior cookie. The increasing demand for crushed Hydrox in the foodservice and industrial sectors is an indicator of our success. Were planning to launch mini Hydrox cookies, expected in stores by 2018, Daniels added.

Hydroxs Success Following Non-GMO Transition

Hydrox took the top spot as the #1 new sandwich cookie on Amazon.com in December 2017 when it started selling its upgraded version, showcasing the benefit of transitioning to non-GMO and dropping Monsanto ingredients. The companys aspirations to transition to organic ingredients in the future remain hopeful.

Simultaneously, the company introduced its Crushed Cookie, Non-GMO Base Cake, and announced that its products would be...

07:29

CHD Responds to New York States Decision to End COVID Vaccine Mandate for Healthcare Workers Children's Health Defense

Press Release

For Immediate Release

Rochester, NY   On Wednesday morning, an appellate court was scheduled to hear oral arguments on New York States (NYS) appeal of a Childrens Health Defense (CHD) sponsored lawsuit regarding the Jan. 13 decision by New York Supreme Court Judge Gerard Neri who struck down New Yorks COVID-19 vaccine mandate for healthcare workers as unconstitutional and therefore null, void and unenforceable. Instead of the expected argument on the merits of the case, attorneys for the State announced they intend to drop that mandate, asking the court to withdraw their appeal but still overturn the lower courts decision without looking at the merits on the grounds that it is now moot.

Attorneys for the Plaintiffs opposed this offer from the state because it opens the possibility that this constitutional violation could happen again and ruin many more lives.

This is a clear sign of the strength of the lower court victory where the mandate was rescinded and ruled unconstitutional, said Sujata Gibson, lead attorney for the Plaintiffs. The law does not allow an agency to voluntarily stop an illegal activity and then claim they shouldnt be held legally accountable.

Accountability is critical here. The lives of over 30,000 healthcare workers were devastated by this mandate, said CHD Acting General Counsel Kim Mack Rosenberg. Judge Neris well-reasoned decision was a significant victory for those workers that New York State would like to sweep under the rug. That is not acceptable.

According to Gibson:

NY State misrepresented itself in court on Wednesday by not clarifying the lengthy process required to rescind the mandate. A public comment period and hearings need to take place for the mandate to be rescinded.

Moreover, there has been no official announcement. The attorney for the state has asked the court to take them at their word that they will eventually rescind the mandate.

###

Childrens Health Defense is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to end childhood health epidemics by working aggressively to eliminate harmful exposures, hold those responsible accountable and establish safeguards to prevent future harm. We fight corruption, mass surveillance and censorship that put profits before people as well as advocate for worldwide rights to health freedom and bodily autonomy. For more information or to donate to CHD and our ongoing lawsuits, visit ChildrensHealthDefense.org.

The post...

07:08

Autism and vaccines 164 science articles say no link (UPDATED) Skeptical Raptor

The Skeptical Raptor, stalking pseudoscience in the internet jungle.

Autism and vaccines are not linked or associated according to real science. This has been published in real scientific journals written by real scientists and physicians. Even though the science is clear to almost everyone, the false claim about vaccines and autism is constantly repeated by anti-vaxxers. Lets be clear the lack of a Read More Autism and vaccines 164 science articles say no link (UPDATED)

Skeptical Raptor

06:53

Profiting from War and Death: The Organ Harvesting Business in Ukraine Medical Kidnap

by Brian Shilhavy

Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has issued a plea to deal with the big business of organ harvesting and called for close international monitoring of these illegal activities in the combat zone of Ukraine.

MOSCOW, May 24. /TASS/. The activity of organ harvesters in the combat zone in Ukraine calls for close international monitoring and urgent measures, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday.

According to her, illegal organ harvesting in Ukraine is an accepted and proven fact.

This is a big business in armed conflict zones, extremely profitable for those who run it, the diplomat said. Information on organ harvesting in Ukraine nowadays deserves attention and requires urgent international efforts on monitoring and taking relevant measures, she added.

The existence of this terrible bloody business is impossible without sponsorship at the highest government level, Zakharova pointed out.

She highlighted that Ukraine has been embroiled in scandals related to illegal transplantology long before the 2014 coup detat and the events that followed.

Since the late 90s, there have been media reports that low-income Ukrainians were forced to sell their internal organs in order to make a living and there was information on illegal harvesting of biological materials from corpses, the diplomat explained.

However, the beginning of hostilities in the eastern part of the country has exacerbated the situation, she added.

According to the spokeswoman, the authorities of the Donetsk Peoples Republic (DPR) have information on Ukrainian nationalists illegally harvesting biological materials from POWs, locals and wounded Ukrainian soldiers.

According to existing data, in the active combat zone, 20-30 people per day end up being operated on by the organ harvesters many of whom traveled to Artyomovsk from foreign countries specifically for this purpose. (Source.)

Her plea came on the same day that the head of Russias private military Wagner Group, Evgeny Prigozhin, went public and stated that his private military forces lost around 20,000 soldiers during the fight...

06:53

Profiting from War and Death: The Organ Harvesting Business in Ukraine Vaccine Impact

by Brian Shilhavy

Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has issued a plea to deal with the big business of organ harvesting and called for close international monitoring of these illegal activities in the combat zone of Ukraine.

MOSCOW, May 24. /TASS/. The activity of organ harvesters in the combat zone in Ukraine calls for close international monitoring and urgent measures, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday.

According to her, illegal organ harvesting in Ukraine is an accepted and proven fact.

This is a big business in armed conflict zones, extremely profitable for those who run it, the diplomat said. Information on organ harvesting in Ukraine nowadays deserves attention and requires urgent international efforts on monitoring and taking relevant measures, she added.

The existence of this terrible bloody business is impossible without sponsorship at the highest government level, Zakharova pointed out.

She highlighted that Ukraine has been embroiled in scandals related to illegal transplantology long before the 2014 coup detat and the events that followed.

Since the late 90s, there have been media reports that low-income Ukrainians were forced to sell their internal organs in order to make a living and there was information on illegal harvesting of biological materials from corpses, the diplomat explained.

However, the beginning of hostilities in the eastern part of the country has exacerbated the situation, she added.

According to the spokeswoman, the authorities of the Donetsk Peoples Republic (DPR) have information on Ukrainian nationalists illegally harvesting biological materials from POWs, locals and wounded Ukrainian soldiers.

According to existing data, in the active combat zone, 20-30 people per day end up being operated on by the organ harvesters many of whom traveled to Artyomovsk from foreign countries specifically for this purpose. (Source.)

Her plea came on the same day that the head of Russias private military Wagner Group, Evgeny Prigozhin, went public and stated that his private military forces lost around 20,000 soldiers during the fight...

06:42

The value of childhood vaccines saving lives and money Skeptical Raptor

Research shows that childhood vaccines have saved over 31,000 lives of children from 2017 to 2019. Science says vaccines save lives.

Skeptical Raptor

06:39

Profiting from War and Death: The Organ Harvesting Business in Ukraine Health Impact News

by Brian Shilhavy

According to existing data, in the active combat zone, 20-30 people per day end up being operated on by the organ harvesters many of whom traveled to Artyomovsk from foreign countries specifically for this purpose. (...

06:29

Bananas do not prevent cancer another internet myth debunked Skeptical Raptor

There are internet memes that say that bananas prevent cancer. They do not, it's all based on a misinterpretation of a banana article.

Skeptical Raptor

06:07

Alkaline water dont waste your money, its pseudoscience Skeptical Raptor

Despite the claims made about alkaline water, most of it is pseudoscience. You can only change your body's pH by getting seriously ill.

Skeptical Raptor

05:13

Take Care of Your HeartIts The Only One Youve Got! Dr. Tenpenny

Time sure does fly, doesnt it? I am coming up on my one-year anniversary of launching my Substack, Eye on the Evidence. My first article back in June 2022 was []

03:00

Psychiatrists: The Criminals Behind the Scenes of the Conservatorship Business Mad In America

When I saw the email come in, I froze.

The message described a psychiatrist who had allegedly committed perjury, which sealed the deal for a conservatorship to be put in place for a vulnerable, elderly wealthy woman. The psychiatrist presented a psych evaluation in court, diagnosing his victim with a delusional disorder. She had no previous mental health diagnosis, nor a history of psychiatric treatment, but nonetheless, the diagnosis was accepted by the judge.

I remember thinking to myself, this criminal network runs deeper than I thought, and this is really bad.

It was the same conservator that my mom had been previously placed under, and I immediately started to panic. I had the same thoughts that I had during my moms conservatorship nightmare: If it was so easy to get someone with no psychiatric history seamlessly diagnosed and locked into a conservatorship, how many other vulnerable people out there were at the mercy of this network of corruption?

Photo of a man in a suit holding money and making a shush sign with his finger on his lipsAround 1.5 million Americans are under a conservatorship. Many will point the finger at the conservators as the primary focus of criminal behavior; however, the web of corruption runs deep, with layers of complicit individuals that work in conjunction with the conservators to allow them to take over someones entire lifeboth financially, and in terms of their personal well-being.

Rarely do you find discussions about the doctors behind the scenes who are vital to establishing a conservatorship. For the most part, without a psychiatric evaluation, a conservatorship cannot usually be solidified, which means the psychiatrist plays a fundamental role in the process.

After years of exposure to these criminal practices, I have come to understand that theres almost no escape, even i...

01:34

Bleeding Control: Pressure and Tourniquets

In these troubled times, traumatic wounds may be commonplace is scenarios where there is civil unrest or failure to enforce the rule of law. In survival scenarios, daily activities may cause injuries that could be life-threatening. Therefore, the person medically responsible for a family or mutual assistance group must always be prepared for the worst[Read More]

The post Bleeding Control: Pressure and Tourniquets first appeared on .

Tuesday, 23 May

09:24

Massena debates fluoride in villages drinking water Fluoride Action Network

WATERTOWN, New York (WWNY) Get a cup of water from the faucet or a sip from the fountain in Massena and youre drinking water that has fluoride in it.

Last Tuesday, at a village board meeting, a debate broke out over whether the water should continue to have fluoride added to it something that has been done in the village since the 1980s.

Massenas mayor thinks its helpful.

People talk about going to the dentist. Well, going to the dentist in a lot of these poor communities is a luxury. Its not a right and by having fluoridation, it helps. It does help with the building of strong teeth, said Mayor Greg Paquin.

Village Trustee Ken McGowan asks how much fluoride is too much?

I dont know why we do it anymore. The big issue for me is, the FDA considers it a medication. Right? Why are we putting a medication the only product thats in the water as a medication is fluoride? Everything else is there to clean the water. Fluoride is a medication, so what is the dosage someone should be taking? You know, you really cant regulate it, said McGowan.

The village is holding off on buying its next order of the chemical it adds to the water. It costs $20,000.

Realistically, 20 grand isnt a lot of money but I think the village could use 20 grand for a lot of things, you know. Maybe we could help employ a paramedic, we could help add those funds to the PD to help educate the children, or maybe we could put it into infrastructure, said McGowan.

As for Paquin, he stands firm on keeping fluoride.

If we can do anything to help the children and those that are poor in the community, this is an easy step to do, he said.

Lawmakers will get a presentation from the state Department of Health about the plusses and minuses of using fluoride in drinking water.

*Original full-text article online at: https://www.wwnytv.com/2023/05/22/massena-debates-fluoride-villages-drinking-water/

Sunday, 21 May

09:29

Vote on fluoridation pushed back to next Tynwald sitting Fluoride Action Network

A vote on research for the impact of fluoridation of water in the island on tooth decay has been deferred until next month.

The decision will be taken at Junes sitting of Tynwald after being tabled at this months.

A review of childrens oral health was released by the Social Affairs Policy Review Committee in its first report for the 2022-23 session.

The committee made 11 recommendations as part of this to reduce tooth decay, including offering all pre- and primary school age children twice weekly fluoride varnishing.

It came after the Oral Health Strategy by Public Health Directorate, which found over 25% of five-year-olds have experience of tooth decay.

However, this particular recommendation was disrupted by the Council of Ministers, which wanted to opt for a more cost effective and wider reaching way forward.

CoMin suggested the fluoridation of the islands water supply should be considered instead.

During the debate in Tynwald this week, Health Minister Lawrie Hoopermade an amendment.

Ann Corlett, who presented the motion, said: We acknowledge we could have engaged with dentists and the wider public and in any future enquiries into this area we will take this into account.

Health Minister Lawrie Hooper noted that the enhancement of services will always come at a cost.

In some cases, much work is already underway to support the recommendations, he said. For example, all children registered with an NHSdentist are already offered fluoride varnish twice yearly, in line with recommendation three. ?Mr Hooper also stressed that in order to allocate additional funding to dentistry, other health and care services do not get that funding.

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed Archiver

IndyWatch Health Watch Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog