IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Thursday, 06 July

01:00

Buying All The Woodworking Tool Ads From Instagram Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Buying All The Woodworking Tool Ads From Instagram

Weve all been there. Youre browsing the internet and you get ads that are obviously catered to you based on all the spying that your device is doing. It fits right into your interests and often looks too good to be true. Is it a scam? Is it junk? David Picciuto thought it would be []

The post Buying All The Woodworking Tool Ads From Instagram appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Wednesday, 05 July

21:59

Master Bathroom Remodel Shanty 2 Chic

My master bathroom remodel has been a project that has been a long time coming! I have not done anything to my master bathroom since I built my home in 2013. It was almost floor to ceiling beige travertine, oil-rubbed bronze faucets and the layout was super tight to get into the shower. To top...

The post Master Bathroom Remodel appeared first on Shanty 2 Chic.

04:51

Solar Chimneys for Cooling and Generation of Electricity Natural Building Blog

Solar chimneys harness the power of the sun to generate electricity and provide natural ventilation and are proving to be an effective way to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.

The basic principle behind solar chimneys is the greenhouse effect, where solar radiation is trapped and converted into heat and this heat is used to create an updraft, or a flow of air that rises through the chimney. As the warm air rises, it creates a vacuum at the base of the chimney, which draws in cooler air from the surrounding environment. This natural ventilation process helps to regulate the temperature inside the building and reduces the need for air conditioning and heating systems. By incorporating a turbine at the base of the chimney, the updraft created by the heated air can also be harnessed to generate power.

One of the most notable examples of a solar chimney in action is the Manzanares Solar Chimney in Spain, which was built in the 1980s as a prototype for large-scale solar power generation. The 195-meter-tall tower was equipped with a turbine that generated electricity from the updraft created by the heated air.

Solar chimneys are also being integrated in...

Tuesday, 04 July

01:00

Creating A Magical Wizards Study With Nerdforge Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Creating A Magical Wizards Study With Nerdforge

Martina and Hans at Nerdforge really keep upping the quality and scale of their work and theyve really blown us away with this one. The concept sketch looks very incredible. If someone showed me that concept, Id probably recommend they scale back their expectations. Nerdforge, however, delivers absolutely. The spiral staircase and fire place stand []

The post Creating A Magical Wizards Study With Nerdforge appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog