IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Friday, 14 July

01:00

Use Your 3D Printer To Make Gorgeous 2D Art With HueForge Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Use Your 3D Printer To Make Gorgeous 2D Art With HueForge

3D printing is always surprising us with new and inventive ways of using the somewhat simple machines. In this case, there is a new software called HueForge that creates beautifully rendered 2D art work using very limited colors and materials allowed by 3D printing. To understand what HueForge is and why it is so neat, []

The post Use Your 3D Printer To Make Gorgeous 2D Art With HueForge appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Thursday, 13 July

10:36

Big news! Maker Faire Bay Area will return this October Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Maker Faire Bay Area 2023 at Mare Island

For the past couple of years, I have had plenty of people ask me when Maker Faire was coming back.  For example, Adam Trinklein wrote me recently: Im a 17 year old high school student. Ever since I was little I remember going to the Maker Faire in San Mateo. I remember being thrilled by []

The post Big news! Maker Faire Bay Area will return this October appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

04:35

The Development of Transparent Wood Natural Building Blog

Transparent wood has the potential to replace glass and plastic and also promises to significantly reduce the carbon footprint of buildings.

Transparent wood is created through a process that involves the removal of lignin, which gives wood its color and rigidity, from the woods cellular structure. Then a transparent polymer fills the empty spaces left by the removal of lignin, resulting in a material that is both strong and transparent.

A5636-Alternative Materials Translucent Wood -Image 2

Traditional glass windows are known for their poor insulation properties, allowing heat to escape during the winter months and causing interiors to heat up during the summer. Transparent wood, on the other hand, has been found to have superior thermal insulation properties, which could lead to significant energy savings in buildings.

In addition to its energy-saving potential, transparent wood is a renewable resource, unlike glass and plastic. The production of transparent wood also generates less carbon dioxide emissions compared to the manufacturing of glass and plastic, making it a more environmentally friendly option. Furthermore, the materials inherent strength and durability mean that it is less prone to breakage and damage, which could result in lower maintenance and replacement costs over time.

The development of transparent wood is still in its early stages, with researchers continuing to explore ways to improve the materials properties and production process. The current method of producing transparent wood is time-consuming and wood allows a significant amount of light to pass through, it is not yet as clear as traditional glass. Scientists are working on refining the process to achieve a higher level of transparency. Despite these challenges, the potential of transparent wood as a sustainable a...

Sew A Simple Dopp Kit Bag Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Sew A Simple Dopp Kit Bag

What is a Dopp Kit bag? Thats what I first wondered when I saw this project, and Ill happily explain the etymology in the end of this article. First, however, we should look at this fantastic project that Becky Stern has shared with us. This kit is a great project to take on if youve []

The post Sew A Simple Dopp Kit Bag appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Wednesday, 12 July

04:19

Welded-Wire Garden Fence Rogue Engineer

DIY Welded-Wire Garden Fence

By Jamison Rantz

Years ago I built a modern chicken coop and it has been great. So much so, that we loaded it on a trailer and moved it out to our new house that we built. After weeks of allowing the chickens to roam about and crap all over we decided we had enough of that and fenced in a run for them with some cheap landscape fence and T-posts.

Fast forward a few years and that cheap fence now looks like crap. Not to mention that we never had anyway of getting into the run besides hopping the fence. That being said, it was finally tome to give our trashy little fence a makeover. We decided to build a welded wire garden fence that would keep the chickens in, our dog out, and look good around the house. The posts are 4x4s and with the Simpson Strong-Tie EZ Spikes, the post setting went fast, making the entire project quick and easy. Read on to see exact how we did it.

Shapers Trace Tool Makes Vector Captures Easy Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Shapers Trace Tool Makes Vector Captures Easy

Shaper reached out to us to test out their new shaper trace tool. The idea behind this tool is to be able to capture vector drawings quickly, easily, and with dimensional accuracy. This task is something that is often a difficult thing to achieve when it comes to working with lasers or cnc machines. You []

The post Shapers Trace Tool Makes Vector Captures Easy appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog