IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Sunday, 23 July

01:49

$70 DIY Panel Bed with Free Plans - Twin and Full Sizes Recent Project Plans

Built by Whitney from Shanty2Chic - Here's from Whitney:

I finally bit the bullet and moved my baby out of her crib.  I wanted something cute and transitional and this bed fits the bill.  The lumber cost is under $70 which makes it fit my other bill as well ;-)  Can't wait to make the trundle to go under it!  Thanks for teaming up with me on this one Ana!

Build Post:  For more photos and building details, please stop over and read Whitney's post over at Shanty2Chic as well!

$15 DIY Farmhouse Bench by Happier Homemaker Recent Project Plans

Photo By  CSHANDYMAN 

Why We Love this Bench

• Gorgeous solid wood grains take stain or paint
  • Sturdy with cross bracing
  • Easy to build design
  • Inexpensive, built using off the shelf lumber
  • Versatile - use paired with a dining table, indoors or outdoors, throughout the home]

Why We Built This Bench

Do you remember back when my friend Melissa built this Farmhouse Table and we shared plans here?

Melissa from the Happier Homemaker built a matching bench!  

She spent about $15 in lumber on it - and wanted to share the plans with you so you all could have a matching bench too!

How awesome is that?  The plans for this bench follow, but if you want more details from Melissa, please take a second to check out her post here.

Free Plans to Build a Farmhouse Bench

Saturday, 22 July

11:02

New Upcycle Ideas 687 Funky Junk Interiors

hardware apron wall pocketVisit 20+ New Upcycle Ideas 687 Hardware apron wall pockets, wooden tool caddy, lampshade accent table, number cabinet makeover, plus more repurposed tutorials! New Upcycle Ideas 687   Every Friday, 7 PM through Wednesday 11 PM Pacific Greetings! My son and I are about to build our inflatable hot tub deck this evening! We []

The post New Upcycle Ideas 687 appeared first on Funky Junk Interiors.

01:00

Where Do You Find Models To 3D Print? Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

3d printed mechanical iris

Printables My go-to site when Im just looking for a file to send to the printer. Its really community-focused with regular design contests that enable a growing ecosystem of new and creative 3D prints. Theres a reward system that encourages both designers and users to participate by publishing models or uploading makes of files theyve []

The post Where Do You Find Models To 3D Print? appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Friday, 21 July

05:08

The Kasbah Taourirt in Morocco Natural Building Blog

The Kasbah Taourirt is mostly made of rammed earth and mud brick. It is a fortified residence complex that overlooks Ouarzazate  in south-central Morocco, which is often called the door of the desert.

It is one of the best-preserved examples of this kind of earthen building, with three stories, balconies and big rectangular towers at each corner, it is typical of the Berber-dominated architecture and design in southern Morocco.

Some of its rooms have tataoui ceilings, which are made out of woven reed, mostly collected from wadis (or oases).

The kasbah was built by a powerful family which controlled the area in the 17th century and then was taken over in the 19th century by another family when it rose to power.

It has a strategic importance, as it is at the confluence of several river valleys which were essential arteries on the Saharan trade routes. This kasbah was one of more than 300 along the Saharan Caravan Route between north and west Africa.

02:44

Build2Gether Contest Brings Innovation To Accessibility Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Build2Gether Contest Brings Innovation To Accessibility

As weve seen over and over during tough times, makers really can change the world for the better. We use our skills and tools to do incredible things like produce medical supplies during covid. Now, Hackster is running a contest tapping into that maker skill set to build accessible devices. Build2Gether from Hackster is a []

The post Build2Gether Contest Brings Innovation To Accessibility appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog