IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Wednesday, 21 June

01:00

Smart3: The Self-Solving Rubiks Cube Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Smart3: The Self-Solving Rubiks Cube

In the summer of 2015, I went to my first Maker Faire, in Tokyo, Japan. Afterward, I could only think about the challenge of making something. It moved me so much that I left the company where I worked as a programmer for 16 years and became a full-time maker. I challenged myself to create something []

The post Smart3: The Self-Solving Rubiks Cube appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Tuesday, 20 June

01:00

A Can Full of Tone Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

A Can Full of Tone

Vintage Gibson electric guitars had a special circuit for modifying the sound of the pickups: the Vari Tone (Figure A). You could set the knob to get six different guitar sounds, from a funky nasal tone to a full-bodied for your own guitar that you can build []

The post A Can Full of Tone appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Monday, 19 June

02:57

Affordable Earthen Homes Natural Building Blog

inhabitat.com presented a collection of eight small earth homes that almost anyone can afford and half of them are built with earthbags!

La Casa Vergaras dome shape may captivate the eye, but whats underneath is most impressive. The Bogota home, built by architect Jose Andres Vallejo, is made from earthbags, or tubular bags stuffed with earth. Exposed timber beams and plentiful daylighting make everyday living a pleasure and the $28 per square foot price tag puts the home within many buyers price range.

These charming hobbit-like dwellings are prefabricated by Magic Green Homes and can be constructed in just three days. Sized at 400-square-feet, the green-roofed living spaces are easy to assemble. They require no heavy equipment to build, instead utilizing perforated flaps that are screwed and sealed together. Magic Green Homes adapt to any topography around the world.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog