IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Wednesday, 12 July

00:28

Box Frame Console Table Recent Project Plans

box frame console table white base

Photo credit: INBETWEENCHAOS 

Why I Built this Console Table

I needed a simple but stylish console table for an Airbnb - since it's for short term rentals, I didn't need storage.  I didn't want to spend alot of time or money on a project.  I was able to build this console table for about $25 in lumber.

• Inexpensive - cost about $25 in lumber
  • Stylish - goes with just about any decor
  • Wood Top - the wood top adds texture and warmth to a space and is easy to clean and keep looking new
  • Lightweight - easy to move around if needed
  • Perfect Size - it's a just right size for a narrow hall, entryway or small living room or that blank wall that needs something
  • Common Materials - build with furring strips and 1x12, available at most stores
  • Minimal tools - you just need a few tools to make this
  • Plans for Matching Pieces - this turned out so well, I added plans for the coffee tables and end tables too!

How to Build it - Watch the Build Video

In this super quick video, watch me build this console table.

Free Matching Plans in this Collection

Box Frame Console Table Free Plans

Here's the free step-by-step plans to build this console table.  

Square Box Frame Coffee Table Recent Project Plans

Build your own square industrial coffee table for under $50 in materials.  This simple coffee table is sturdy and beautiful and you can build it any size you choose, and stain or paint it any color you wish!

Why We Love this Coffee Table!

• Simple style goes with any decor
  • Clean lines will make a space free structured and uncluttered
  • Solid wood top will stand up to use and be easy to refinish if required
  • Square size perfect for sectionals
  • Easy to build design just requires a few essential homeowner tools

Free Plans to Build Your Own Square Coffee Table

Box Frame Rectangle Side Table Recent Project Plans

box frame side table free plans

Photo Credit:  INBETWEENCHAOS 

Box Frame Square Side Table Recent Project Plans

Tuesday, 11 July

04:39

Rammed Earth Home in New Zealand Blends with Desert Natural Building Blog

This rammed earth house is located in New Zealand, where it blends with the  desert environment. The owners, a retired couple with a dog, wanted a home that opened out onto the arid landscape. They wanted contemporary, simple lines to fit in with its wild surroundings.

The project consists of a main building and several outbuildings, with a small studio with bathroom serving as a guest bedroom or office, while the main house is the centerpiece.

01:00

One 3D Printer Filament, Various Levels Of Squish Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

One 3D Printer Filament, Various Levels Of Squish

When youve been using a 3D Printer for a little while, you start to really get curious about printing things that arent just your standard hard plastic. There are many options out there, but one I find particularly fascinating are flexible or soft filaments. TPU is typically what you hear about and the softness is []

The post One 3D Printer Filament, Various Levels Of Squish appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

00:34

Rectangle Box Frame Coffee Table Recent Project Plans

Why We Love this Coffee Table!

If you are looking for a clean lined, inexpensive, easy to build coffee table that looks amazing and is sturdy and stylish, this is the one!  The good news is the entire collection is easy to build and inexpensive - for a couple hundred dollars you could be an entire set!

We love the contract between the wood top and painted bottom too - it's the best of both - all the warm wood textured, coupled with a clean lined base.

This is a great first set to build!

Photo Credit: mandi10uga

box frame coffee table DIY

Photo Credit:  INBETWEENCHAOS 

Sunday, 09 July

05:13

Landscaping to Enhance Passive Solar Design Natural Building Blog

The role of landscaping in passive solar building design can play a crucial part in maximizing shade and solar gain. By carefully planning and positioning landscape elements, homeowners can create outdoor spaces that work in harmony with the suns natural patterns, resulting in energy-efficient buildings that are comfortable year-round.

One of the primary goals of passive solar design is to take advantage of the suns energy to heat and cool a building naturally. This is achieved by orienting the building to maximize solar gain in the winter and minimize it in the summer. Landscaping can play a significant role in this process by providing shade and directing airflow around the building.

Deciduous trees, which lose their leaves in the winter, can be strategically placed to block the suns rays during the hot summer months while allowing sunlight to penetrate and warm the building in the winter. Evergreen trees, on the other hand, can be used to create windbreaks that protect the building from cold winter winds.

In addition to trees, tall grasses and shrubs can be planted near windows to provide shade and reduce glare. Vines and climbing plants can be used to create living walls that insulate the building and help regulate temperature. Pergolas and trellises can be incorporated into the landscape to provide shade and create outdoor living spaces that are comfortable even during the hottest months of the year.

Another critical aspect of passive solar landscaping is the use of reflective surfaces. Light-colored materials, such as gravel or light-colored paving stones, can be used to reflect sunlight onto the building, increasing solar gain in the winter. Conversely, dark-colored materials can be used to absorb heat and reduce solar gain in the summer.

Water features can also play a role in passive solar landscaping. Ponds, pools, and fountains can help cool the surrounding air through evaporation, creating a more comfortable microclimate around the building. They can also be used to store heat during the day and release it at night, helping to maintain a stable temperature inside the building.

The benefits of passive solar landscaping extend beyond energy efficiency and comfort. A well-designed landscape can also increase property values, improve air quality, and support local biodiversity. Furthermore, incorporating green spaces and natural elements into the built environment can have a positive impact on mental health and well-being.

As climate change continues to impact our world, the importance of sustainable design practices, such as pas...

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog