IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Thursday, 13 July

01:00

Sew A Simple Dopp Kit Bag Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Sew A Simple Dopp Kit Bag

What is a Dopp Kit bag? Thats what I first wondered when I saw this project, and Ill happily explain the etymology in the end of this article. First, however, we should look at this fantastic project that Becky Stern has shared with us. This kit is a great project to take on if youve []

The post Sew A Simple Dopp Kit Bag appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Wednesday, 12 July

04:19

Welded-Wire Garden Fence Rogue Engineer

DIY Welded-Wire Garden Fence

By Jamison Rantz

Years ago I built a modern chicken coop and it has been great. So much so, that we loaded it on a trailer and moved it out to our new house that we built. After weeks of allowing the chickens to roam about and crap all over we decided we had enough of that and fenced in a run for them with some cheap landscape fence and T-posts.

Fast forward a few years and that cheap fence now looks like crap. Not to mention that we never had anyway of getting into the run besides hopping the fence. That being said, it was finally tome to give our trashy little fence a makeover. We decided to build a welded wire garden fence that would keep the chickens in, our dog out, and look good around the house. The posts are 4x4s and with the Simpson Strong-Tie EZ Spikes, the post setting went fast, making the entire project quick and easy. Read on to see exact how we did it.

Shapers Trace Tool Makes Vector Captures Easy Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Shapers Trace Tool Makes Vector Captures Easy

Shaper reached out to us to test out their new shaper trace tool. The idea behind this tool is to be able to capture vector drawings quickly, easily, and with dimensional accuracy. This task is something that is often a difficult thing to achieve when it comes to working with lasers or cnc machines. You []

The post Shapers Trace Tool Makes Vector Captures Easy appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

00:28

Box Frame Console Table Recent Project Plans

box frame console table white base

Photo credit: INBETWEENCHAOS 

Why I Built this Console Table

I needed a simple but stylish console table for an Airbnb - since it's for short term rentals, I didn't need storage.  I didn't want to spend alot of time or money on a project.  I was able to build this console table for about $25 in lumber.

• Inexpensive - cost about $25 in lumber
  • Stylish - goes with just about any decor
  • Wood Top - the wood top adds texture and warmth to a space and is easy to clean and keep looking new
  • Lightweight - easy to move around if needed
  • Perfect Size - it's a just right size for a narrow hall, entryway or small living room or that blank wall that needs something
  • Common Materials - build with furring strips and 1x12, available at most stores
  • Minimal tools - you just need a few tools to make this
  • Plans for Matching Pieces - this turned out so well, I added plans for the coffee tables and end tables too!

How to Build it - Watch the Build Video

In this super quick video, watch me build this console table.

Free Matching Plans in this Collection

Box Frame Console Table Free Plans

Here's the free step-by-step plans to build this console table.  

Square Box Frame Coffee Table Recent Project Plans

Build your own square industrial coffee table for under $50 in materials.  This simple coffee table is sturdy and beautiful and you can build it any size you choose, and stain or paint it any color you wish!

Why We Love this Coffee Table!

• Simple style goes with any decor
  • Clean lines will make a space free structured and uncluttered
  • Solid wood top will stand up to use and be easy to refinish if required
  • Square size perfect for sectionals
  • Easy to build design just requires a few essential homeowner tools

Free Plans to Build Your Own Square Coffee Table

Box Frame Rectangle Side Table Recent Project Plans

box frame side table free plans

Photo Credit:  INBETWEENCHAOS 

Box Frame Square Side Table Recent Project Plans

Tuesday, 11 July

04:39

Rammed Earth Home in New Zealand Blends with Desert Natural Building Blog

This rammed earth house is located in New Zealand, where it blends with the  desert environment. The owners, a retired couple with a dog, wanted a home that opened out onto the arid landscape. They wanted contemporary, simple lines to fit in with its wild surroundings.

The project consists of a main building and several outbuildings, with a small studio with bathroom serving as a guest bedroom or office, while the main house is the centerpiece.

One 3D Printer Filament, Various Levels Of Squish Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

One 3D Printer Filament, Various Levels Of Squish

When youve been using a 3D Printer for a little while, you start to really get curious about printing things that arent just your standard hard plastic. There are many options out there, but one I find particularly fascinating are flexible or soft filaments. TPU is typically what you hear about and the softness is []

The post One 3D Printer Filament, Various Levels Of Squish appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog