IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

Go Back:30 Days | 7 Days | 2 Days | 1 Day

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Today.

Go Forward:1 Day | 2 Days | 7 Days | 30 Days

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Wednesday, 26 July

04:07

Square Outdoor Dining Table for 8 - Build It! Recent Project Plans

square outdoor table for 8

square outdoor dining table for 8

Why I Love this Square Outdoor Dining Table

• Simple design, perfect with metal, wicker, fabric covered or wood outdoor chairs
  • Seats 8 comfortably
  • Beautiful wood design, adds texture and warmth to outdoor space
  • Durable cedar top
  • Easy to build
  • Heavy and substantial - won't blow away in normal winds
  • Perfect when paired with a large umbrella

How I Built my Square Outdoor Dining Table for 8

The plans for this table are below, but I wanted to also share some photos of the build steps.

attach table aprons to legs with pocket holes

I used pocket holes to attach the aprons to the legs.  I used 4x4s for the legs and 2x4s for the aprons.

build two legs sets as shown

It's easy to build - just build two of the leg sets -

attach leg sets together

Then make the table frame by adding the remaining aprons.

table frame complete

To support the cedar fence pickets, I added inner 2x4 supports.  This makes the table super substantial.

add supports and stain base

Here's the umbrella framing I did.

01:00

ORB-sessed LED Sphere Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

ORB-sessed LED Sphere

Squaring the circle is a mathematical challenge as old as geometry itself. The Cube Orb LED sphere inverts that goal and takes it to a new dimension. Notably, this spectacular project achieves its orbicular objective using only standard, easy to ORB-tain electronic components and 3D-printed parts. Ever since I saw Jiri Praus fantastic freeform-soldered LED sphere, []

The post ORB-sessed LED Sphere appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Tuesday, 25 July

04:50

From the Earth Up: Building with Adobe, Cob, & Daub Natural Building Blog

Witness the interplay of earth, water, and straw to create in-fill walls for a hand-crafted timber frame structure. Stone, clay, bamboo and straw are combined to create beautifully finished walls.

Many hands come together, to gather stones, make adobes, mix cob, harvest bamboo to build natural walls that are durable and breathable.

Multiple methods of cob, adobe blocks and wattle & daub are combined to create a unique mi...

01:00

OpenPipes Revolutionizes the DIY Pipe Organs Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

close view of pipe organ keys with electronic display

Note: If you are considering a vacation in Italy in October, remember that Maker Faire Rome The European Edition, one of the worlds largest Maker Faires, will be taking place in Rome from the 20th to the 22nd. If youve ever dreamed of playing a majestic pipe organ but thought it was out of reach, []

The post OpenPipes Revolutionizes the DIY Pipe Organs appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

Monday, 24 July

23:29

Maker Faire Shenzhen Needs Makers, Heres How To Apply Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers

Maker Faire Shenzhen Needs Makers, Heres How To Apply

No matter where we are or what roles we play, makers remain curious, eager to learn, and committed to action. On the path of embracing innovation, we continue to move forward and create continuously. If you still have a burning passion and a firm belief that innovation can be rooted in specific industries and contexts, []

The post Maker Faire Shenzhen Needs Makers, Heres How To Apply appeared first on Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed Archiver

IndyWatch DIY and Building Feed was generated at Community Resources IndyWatch.

Resource generated at IndyWatch using aliasfeed and rawdog